10-21-2012, 04:29 AM
We are almost in charge of our destiny.

The other teams with only one win?

Cleveland
Jacksonville
Oakland
Carolina
New Orleans

And we play Oakland twice, and Carolina and Cleveland once. It's really a shame we pulled out the win against New Orleans, but oh well. So, I think we got to root for Jacksonville beating Oakland today, to get them up to two wins.

Chief Roundup
10-21-2012, 05:04 AM
New Orleans and the Panthers are not going to draft a QB although they might trade out of a top 5 pick.

BlackHelicopters
10-21-2012, 05:36 AM
Jacksonville will not draft a qb. They have Blaine Gabbert.

ChiefGator
10-21-2012, 06:04 AM
Jacksonville will not draft a qb. They have Blaine Gabbert.

While I agree that New Orleans and Carolina aren't QB competition (although a trade out is completely possible, given what St. Louis reaped this year), Jacksonville will very much look to replace Gabbert if they are in the top pick. If they are there, then Gabbert has NOT improved and they would be wise to bring in competition. His play vacillates between just okay to god-awful.

milkman
10-21-2012, 06:17 AM
The only way the Chiefs can be assured of selecting one of the top 3 QBs is to be in the top 3 picks.

Anything lower, the Chiefs will be out manuevered by another team if Pioli is still in charge,

BlackHelicopters
10-21-2012, 06:51 AM
While I agree that New Orleans and Carolina aren't QB competition (although a trade out is completely possible, given what St. Louis reaped this year), Jacksonville will very much look to replace Gabbert if they are in the top pick. If they are there, then Gabbert has NOT improved and they would be wise to bring in competition. His play vacillates between just okay to god-awful.

Very sorry. Sarcasm is so hard to convey in print.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Yall do this shit all the time and it never even comes close to what you predict... Why waste your time?

BoneKrusher
10-21-2012, 07:05 AM
the Chiefs have the worst QB situation of all these teams, therefore we should end up with a worse record than the entire lot.

bevischief
10-21-2012, 07:13 AM
We are doomed if Pioli is in charge of the short bus.

BoneKrusher
10-21-2012, 07:15 AM
We are doomed if Pioli is in charge of the short bus.

yep/

tredadda
10-21-2012, 08:17 AM

Not saying Gabbert is he second coming of Marino, but his team overall is just awful. His line sucks and his only real weapon is MJD as from what I have been hearing Blackmon is struggling right now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Too early in the season to even be discussing this. We're probably gonna end up 11-5 and win the AFC dumbasses !

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Too early in the season to even be discussing this. We're probably gonna end up 11-5 and win the AFC dumbasses !

Way too damn early and the Chiefs are not bad enough for the first pick.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, we went from "Suck for Luck" to damned near winning the West last year. Of course that's not going to happen this year, but we've got a long road of suck to hoe.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2012, 10:18 AM
I actually agree with Reighters. Way too early. Just like last year after week 3 we were guaranteed the number 1 pick ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
10-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Weren't we 3-3 this time last year?

Stop with the "well this time last year..." bullshit. It does not apply here.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
It's still only SIX weeks in. They could easily go 5-11 or some bullshit record.

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
If only the short bus hits Pioli on the way.

BoneKrusher
10-21-2012, 10:22 AM

if there's a team worse than KC i sure don't wanna see em' play. ROFL

R8RFAN
get to week 13, if you still have 1 win you are in business..... You still have to play us twice, hell we could wind up with it but I bet it will be Jax, now if the Raiders don't beat Jax today I am gonna be super pissed

Mr_Tomahawk
It's still only SIX weeks in. They could easily go 5-11 or some bullshit record.

Have you watched ANY of the games this season?

Where do we pick up 4 more wins?

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
if there's a team worse than KC i sure don't wanna see em' play. ROFL

Chiefs are playing dumb, they have the talent... Romeo will get the Axe soon and you will win a few this year.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't want the first pick again, that shit is embarrassing

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Herp derp I don't see this team winning a game(After week 3 last year)

Pasta Little Brioni
10-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Have you watched ANY of the games this season?

Where do we pick up 4 more wins?

Yes, I've also watched shitty teams like the Faid, Browns, and Panthers that could trip over thier own dicks any Sunday.

MotherfuckerJones
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
KC doesnt have a QB that WONT turn the ball over. Thats their issue. Our defense sucks too

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't want the first pick again, that shit is embarrassing

Both teams suck this year... Good luck today.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Both teams suck this year... Good luck today.

I agree but I think we are getting better each week with the limited talent we have.. Chiefs and Raiders are losing for two different reasons..

Raiders are losing because of lack of talent mainly, now I am not gonna lie and say that ZBS is the best choice for us but we are not winning much this year regardless... I am 100% behind the coach and management.

Chiefs are losing because they have a weak qb that the coaches cannot seem to design a game plan around. Chiefs have a plenty capable team to win and should have a 9-7 - 10-6 team even with Matt... I think it's all coaching.

ChiefGator
10-21-2012, 10:39 AM

ah.. sorry, missed that. There are still quite a few Gabbert apologists around, so wasn't sure.

ChiefGator
10-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I agree but I think we are getting better each week with the limited talent we have.. Chiefs and Raiders are losing for two different reasons...

I certainly hope the Raiders start winning.. ;)

Chiefs are losing because they have a weak qb that the coaches cannot seem to design a game plan around.

You clearly didn't watch the Ravens game, did you? You can't completely game plan away your QB. He still touches the ball every play.

Ugly Duck
10-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I certainly hope the Raiders start winning.. ;)

Methinks you'll get your wish - Oaktown has 6 games against all the 1-win teams coming up on its schedule.

Chiefs only play four games against 1-win teams & two of those games are vs OAK. KC is more likely to pick ahead of Oakland in spite of the suckness of both.

Rain Man
10-21-2012, 11:28 AM
This is the closest thing to a championship run we've had since the 70s. Sure, it's the other direction, but there's still drama.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 11:32 AM
cleveland,jags and faiders need to win

i think carolina and new orleans will eventually get wins

not that cleveland will draft a QB but they would likely trade down to someone who will.

Rausch
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I have absolutely no faith in Pissholi to draft a QB.

None.

Considering the value now of a top 5 pick he'll trade down and take a QB in the 3rd...

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I want the raiders to win

Ugly Duck
10-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I want the raiders to win

I'd rather Oakland plays well but loses. Kinda like the Atlanta game - outgain 'em by 200 yards but rack up some draft position.

Chris Meck
10-21-2012, 12:05 PM
another 2012 first: I've never wished badly for the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers to sweep The Chiefs.

It really has gotten that bad.

Bewbies
10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
We have played 6 full games + 1 OT session and haven't had a lead for 1 second. This is a terrible, terrible team.

I'm actually interested in how long we go before we hold a lead. What's the record?

Rausch
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
We have played 6 full games + 1 OT session and haven't had a lead for 1 second. This is a terrible, terrible team.

I'm actually interested in how long we go before we hold a lead. What's the record?

We'll break it.

I think it's 10 weeks...

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd rather Oakland plays well but loses. Kinda like the Atlanta game - outgain 'em by 200 yards but rack up some draft position.

Raiders will win by the jewels they land in the later rounds, I don't expect any more draft busts by this team, I would love for the Raiders to trade away their #1 next year for more picks

bricks
10-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Im sorry for being rude, but honestly I really don't give two ****s.

I'm sick of this ****ing team.

People should just shift their focus towards the organizational issues as a whole.

Drafting a QB may help a little bit but it's not going to be the franchise's saving grace.

Drafting a QB will not resolve the organizational issues. The lack of ownership, shitty team management, coaching needs to be wiped the **** out period if there is going to be an improvement/change.

Even though I do want a QB, I really don't feel confident in drafting a QB. Not with this management. They will destroy him. A guy can have all the talent in the world but if he is coached and mentor led by a bunching of ****ing idiots then that decreases his chances to succeed significantly.

JoeyChuckles
10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
After today there will only be three one-win teams.

RunKC
10-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Well hopefully the Jags beat the Raiders today and the Raiders beat us next week.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Cleveland and new orleans are better than their record indicates. They'll bounce back and win a few. Carolina aren't drafting a qb. It's between kc, jax, and oak with jacksonville potentially holding off on a qb if gabbert progresses. And one of those teams will have two wins by tonight.

O.city
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I don see Oakland moving from Palmer yet at least until further along in the build

NJChiefsFan
10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Im sorry for being rude, but honestly I really don't give two ****s.

I'm sick of this ****ing team.

People should just shift their focus towards the organizational issues as a whole.

Drafting a QB may help a little bit but it's not going to be the franchise's saving grace.

Drafting a QB will not resolve the organizational issues. The lack of ownership, shitty team management, coaching needs to be wiped the **** out period if there is going to be an improvement/change.

Even though I do want a QB, I really don't feel confident in drafting a QB. Not with this management. They will destroy him. A guy can have all the talent in the world but if he is coached and mentor led by a bunching of ****ing idiots then that decreases his chances to succeed significantly.

Getting a top QB would mean an epically bad season, which hopefully means a new GM and coach. I would say with the Save Our Chiefs we are spending plenty of energy and focus on the management situation.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Ironically if we got the first pick, it would be the 50th anniversity of the only time the Chiefs had the first overall pick in the draft. Took Buck Buchanan with it, and the Chiefs didn't earn that one - traded Cotton Davidson to the Fade for it. It was also the first year in Kansas City.

bowener
10-21-2012, 03:55 PM
MJD out is really going to help JAX fuck us over. On the other hand Gabbert is out... maybe Henne plays better?

Ebolapox
10-21-2012, 04:06 PM
using cdcox's prediction software I imput the winners so far, and with the assumption that jacksonville holds on to win today, the chiefs have a 54 FREAKING PERCENT CHANCE of the first overall pick.

Dave Lane
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Yes we are damn it!! :harumph:

Titty Meat
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
The Chiefs will beat the Raiders

Ebolapox
10-21-2012, 04:09 PM

I'd put money on us splitting with the raiders.

KCUnited
10-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Please dip your tape wrapped hands in resin and roll them in broken glass before you fist yourself.

Titty Meat
10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Please dip your tape wrapped hands in resin and roll them in broken glass before you fist yourself.

Then I will fuck you with it.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Cleveland and new orleans are better than their record indicates. They'll bounce back and win a few. Carolina aren't drafting a qb. It's between kc, jax, and oak with jacksonville potentially holding off on a qb if gabbert progresses. And one of those teams will have two wins by tonight.what keeps carolina from trading down to 4th or something to a team that needs a QB and getting more picks?

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
what keeps carolina from trading down to 4th or something to a team that needs a QB and getting more picks?

Good point.

Still... I just don't see Carolina getting to #1. Cam is just rattled. I think he makes a run at some wins in the second half of the season. I really think the competition is between us and Oakland and I just think our coaching and qb situation is such a mess right now that I can see this team quitting it's way to the worst record. Of the teams listed, i think Oakland, kc, and jacksonville are easily the ones who will get worse as the season progresses.

bricks
10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Getting a top QB would mean an epically bad season, which hopefully means a new GM and coach. I would say with the Save Our Chiefs we are spending plenty of energy and focus on the management situation.

And you know something,

I appreciate the efforts of all of you. So, thanks to all.

I must say though, I have to chip in with my two cents. I hope you guys value what I say because in all honesty it reflects truth.

The unfortunate part of this whole thing, I'll reiterate what Lenny Dawson said simply because I agree with him, the decisions at the end of the day really come down to the chairman of the board Clark Hunt.

I understand where he is getting at in the fact that we have no control over the situation.

*Im really tired of this team and I really don't believe that Pioli and the rest of the coaching staff will be fired anytime soon. What happens in the offseason whether Pioli & Co are fired or not will dictate the type of emotions that I will express.

So Im holding back a bit. If I see Clark give Pioli and Co another shot, then that will make me irrate. It will speak high volumes of him as an owner in that he is either too patient like his dad or simply doesn't give a sh*t about winning. If thats the case, Im done with this team forever. To me, this all starts and ends with ownership.

milkman
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
And you know something,

I appreciate the efforts of all of you. So, thanks to all.

I must say though, I have to chip in with my two cents. I hope you guys value what I say because in all honesty it reflects truth.

The unfortunate part of this whole thing, I'll reiterate what Lenny Dawson said simply because I agree with him, the decisions at the end of the day really come down to the chairman of the board Clark Hunt.

I understand where he is getting at in the fact that we have no control over the situation.

*Im really tired of this team and I really don't believe that Pioli and the rest of the coaching staff will be fired anytime soon. What happens in the offseason whether Pioli & Co are fired or not will dictate the type of emotions that I will express.

So Im holding back a bit. If I see Clark give Pioli and Co another shot, then that will make me irrate. It will speak high volumes of him as an owner in that he is either too patient like his dad or simply doesn't give a sh*t about winning. If thats the case, Im done with this team forever. To me, this all starts and ends with ownership.

I'll bet you are the very first to express these thoughts.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Yup... Guaranteed

Bump
10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Panthers and Browns are a problem. We just gotta lose to the raiders now. That Browns game is gonna be HUGE!

Gotta say I'm surprised with how bad Cam is doing this season.

DaWolf
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM

LOL. I actually have a hard time remembering the last time we beat them in Arrowhead. Hell, even JaMarcus beat us in Arrowhead...

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Jags 1-5 They will be in it to win it.

KCUnited
10-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Right now Cam Newton sounds like a Real Housewife of Atlanta in his postgames. He might not have the emotional fortitude to do shit in this league.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Right now Cam Newton sounds like a Real Housewife of Atlanta in his postgames. He might not have the emotional fortitude to do shit in this league.

He is a pussy

ChiefGator
10-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Disappointing that both Carolina and the Jags lost today. Grrr... And worse yet, the Jags may be even more screwed for a couple weeks.

And, it's not just about teams that need QBs... any team in the top 2 picks will be looking to trade down with a team that needs a QB. We really need to be in the top 2 for a legit QB of the future. Maybe #1 overall.

R8RFAN
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
What happened to Gabbert, looked like a collarbone to me

KChiefs1
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Barkley or Smith?

Titty Meat
10-21-2012, 07:47 PM
LOL. I actually have a hard time remembering the last time we beat them in Arrowhead. Hell, even JaMarcus beat us in Arrowhead...

2006. Jarrad Page's INT of Aaron Brooks to win the game.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Disappointing that both Carolina and the Jags lost today. Grrr... And worse yet, the Jags may be even more screwed for a couple weeks.

And, it's not just about teams that need QBs... any team in the top 2 picks will be looking to trade down with a team that needs a QB. We really need to be in the top 2 for a legit QB of the future. Maybe #1 overall.
the Jags actually out-faidered the Raiders.

:shake:

NJChiefsFan
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
the Jags actually out-faidered the Raiders.

:shake:

This game may come back to hurt us. Still too early but the Jags aren't going to come by wins easily.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Barkley or Smith?
Smith sure looks more of the part to me.

shitting game against KSU ... will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

good education for him too

the idea of taking a USC quarterback doesn't appeal to me either

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 07:54 PM
This game may come back to hurt us. Still too early but the Jags aren't going to come by wins easily.
neither are the Browns

we just can't win more than 2/3 games total and expect to have a chance for the 1st pick.

Bewbies
2006. Jarrad Page's INT of Aaron Brooks to win the game.

We've lost 5 in a row at Arrowhead? To Oakland? ROFL

Fuck you Pioli.

Titty Meat
Romeo is 3-1 after the bye week as the head coach in Clveland.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
neither are the Browns

we just can't win more than 2/3 games total and expect to have a chance for the 1st pick.

JMO, but the Colts tanked it last year to get the #1 pick. We're gonna have to do that to get the top pick.

Ebolapox
10-21-2012, 07:59 PM
well, it's down to 48ish percent. if we lose next week, it's 58%.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Cleveland best chances of winning are against us and oakland

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" height="370" width="296"><tbody><tr class="evenrow team-28-24"><td>8</td><td>Sun, Oct 28</td><td align="left">

vs
San Diego (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-33"><td>9</td><td>Sun, Nov 4</td><td align="left">

vs
Baltimore (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/bal/baltimore-ravens)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10</td><td colspan="5">BYE WEEK</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-6"><td>11</td><td>Sun, Nov 18</td><td align="left">

@
Dallas (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-23"><td>12</td><td>Sun, Nov 25</td><td align="left">

vs
Pittsburgh (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-13"><td>13</td><td>Sun, Dec 2</td><td align="left">

@
Oakland (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/oak/oakland-raiders)

</td><td>4:25 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-12"><td>14</td><td>Sun, Dec 9</td><td align="left">

vs
Kansas City (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-28"><td>15</td><td>Sun, Dec 16</td><td align="left">

vs
Washington (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/wsh/washington-redskins)

</td><td>1:00 PM FOX</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-7"><td>16</td><td>Sun, Dec 23</td><td align="left">

@
Denver (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos)

</td><td>4:05 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-23"><td>17</td><td>Sun, Dec 30</td><td align="left">

@
Pittsburgh (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr></tbody></table>

Brianfo
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
The only way the Chiefs can be assured of selecting one of the top 3 QBs is to be in the top 3 picks.

Anything lower, the Chiefs will be out manuevered by another team if Pioli is still in charge,

Outstanding analysis fukstick. Seriously???

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Jacksonville has a few games left that our winnable

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" height="542" width="312"><tbody><tr class="evenrow team-28-9"><td>8</td><td>Sun, Oct 28</td><td align="left">

@
Green Bay (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-8"><td>
</td><td>Sun, Nov 4</td><td align="left">

vs
Detroit (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions)

</td><td>1:00 PM FOX</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-11"><td>10</td><td>Thu, Nov 8</td><td align="left">

vs
Indianapolis (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts)

</td><td>8:20 PM NFL</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-34"><td>11</td><td>Sun, Nov 18</td><td align="left">

@
Houston (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-10"><td>12</td><td>Sun, Nov 25</td><td align="left">

vs
Tennessee (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-2"><td>13</td><td>Sun, Dec 2</td><td align="left">

@
Buffalo (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-20"><td>14</td><td>Sun, Dec 9</td><td align="left">

vs
New York (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-15"><td>15</td><td>Sun, Dec 16</td><td align="left">

@
Miami (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/mia/miami-dolphins)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="evenrow team-28-17"><td>16</td><td>Sun, Dec 23</td><td align="left">

vs
New England (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow team-28-10"><td>17</td><td>Sun, Dec 30</td><td align="left">

@
Tennessee (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans)

</td><td>1:00 PM CBS</td></tr></tbody></table>

the Talking Can
10-21-2012, 08:13 PM
This is the closest thing to a championship run we've had since the 70s. Sure, it's the other direction, but there's still drama.

this is the correct way to think about it

BossChief
10-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Laz, what planet are you on that you look at Jacksonvilles schedule and see a few winnable games in it for them?

MJD and Gabbert are out and they had like 10 yards in the second half without them.

They are gonna get the top pick.

milkman
10-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Outstanding analysis fukstick. Seriously???

I am not all offended by the foul language, but you are useless prick, so if you keep bypassing the word filter I will report it.

Quesadilla Joe
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
I don see Oakland moving from Palmer yet at least until further along in the build

I think they will draft one. Their GM and HC weren't the ones who brought Carson in, and if the rookie isn't ready week 1 they can just let Carson play.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Laz, what planet are you on that you look at Jacksonvilles schedule and see a few winnable games in it for them?

MJD and Gabbert are out and they had like 10 yards in the second half without them.

They are gonna get the top pick.
i would consider Buffalo, Indy and Tennessee possible wins

of course if the play like shit they won't win but then again just about any of the lower teams can lose if they play like crap.

Cleveland's only real hopes are the Chiefs and Faiders and since the game is in Oakland i give the edge to Cleveland.

If they don't beat us then Cleveland is looking at a 1 win season.

Coogs
10-21-2012, 08:39 PM
We need to pull out all the stops to lose this one against the Raiders. Cassel starts and we come out throwing. And we don't stop throwing until the loss is well in hand.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Boy, Jacksonville looked inept. Like, on our level of ineptness.

December 9 is the toilet bowl. We can't do anything to screw up before then.

The New Orleans loss is good. We'd be behind them with tiebreaker. Although I don't think anybody seriously thought they were as bad as we were.

BossChief
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM

of course if the play like shit they won't win but then again just about any of the lower teams can lose if they play like crap.

Cleveland's only real hopes are the Chiefs and Faiders and since the game is in Oakland i give the edge to Cleveland.

If they don't beat us then Cleveland is looking at a 1 win season.Dude, Jacksonville was a bad team before they lost Gabbert and MJD...without them, they were completely inept and if those two are out for any stretch, they wont win another game.

If Trent Richardson can get healthy and Weeden can continue to grow into that role, Cleveland will win some games late in the year.

Mark it down, they are better than they currently appear.

I think we have the most talent of any of those teams, but not at quarterback and this coaching staff makes the talent we do have redundant.

I like our chances of having a top 3 pick and thats all that matters.

Hoover
10-21-2012, 08:58 PM
I see a lot of quit in the Chiefs. Which is good I guess.

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM

If they don't beat us then Cleveland is looking at a 1 win season.

Cleveland is a tough team. They played an absolutely brutal schedule and still managed to be very, very competitive in almost every game they played. They should have won today if not for a doofus dropped pass on a deep bomb by Weeden.

They will almost certainly win 4 or 5 this season. Mark it down.

shammus
10-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Out of those teams mentioned in the op, Jacksonville is the only one that really concerns me as I think they're on our level of horrid. Gabbert hasn't exactly improved this year either. Losing MJD gets them one step closer as well.

No way Carolina will replace Cam.

New Orleans isn't as bad as we are, despite us lucking out and winning in our head to head matchup. Drew Brees is 33, and it wouldn't be out of the question for NO to start thinking about a successor, I just don't think they'd spend a very high first round pick on a QB that will likely sit for the most part when they have some glaring needs on defense in particular.

Weeden is improving in Cleveland and I see that team headed in the right direction with Weeden, Richardson and a decent o-line they already have in place. Even if ownership cleans house during the offseason, I don't think I can see them replacing Weeden this quickly.

Raiders are bad, but not quite as bad as we are. They're a candidate to draft a QB in the top few picks though. But I don't think they'll finish below us in the standings.

All this being said, it won't keep a more aggressive owner/GM in New York, Dallas or elsewhere from moving up, but I do like our chances of drafting in the top 3 next april.

The Franchise
10-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Jacksonville may opt to go out in FA and sign a veteran QB to lead that team. They could easily then trade down for more picks to put talent on that team.

beach tribe
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
And, of course, will.

It doesn't matter these days anyway. If there's a guy we want, we can get him, and for the first time ever, I believe we will make a play for a QB.

whoman69
10-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Use your sarcasm smiley

whoman69
10-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Jacksonville may opt to go out in FA and sign a veteran QB to lead that team. They could easily then trade down for more picks to put talent on that team.

Too bad they didn't get Tebow.

the Talking Can
10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
we really needed to lose that new orleans game...

Bewbies
10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
When you get worried about us winning games just remember we have the worst GM, worst coach and worst QB in football. That's the golden hat trick of suck.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Ruh Roh...

With Carolina getting a new GM...don't be so set that Carolina won't try to deal Cam.

We could be competing with Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, and now Carolina for one of the top 3 spots...

Next Panthers G.M. has some big decisions to make on Newton
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/22/next-panthers-g-m-has-some-big-decisions-to-make-on-newton/

When the Panthers hire a new General Manager, he’ll have some tough decisions to make.

The biggest ones will relate to quarterback Cam Newton.

The first: Should the Panthers keep him?

The second, if yes on the first: What will be done to properly support him?

Newton absorbs plenty of blame for the things that have gone wrong in Carolina lately. He deserves some of it, but the franchise deserves the bulk of it. They’ve given millions to running backs they won’t use. They failed, obviously, to determine how defenses would adapt to the things Newton did so well last season and exploit the ensuing opportunities this season.

And they continue to allow Newton to face the media without the appropriate training or guidance on what to say and how to say it. Unless, of course, they’ve given him the training and the guidance and he has ignored it.

If that’s the case, maybe the answer to the first question should be no.

tredadda
10-22-2012, 09:48 PM
And, of course, will.

It doesn't matter these days anyway. If there's a guy we want, we can get him, and for the first time ever, I believe we will make a play for a QB.

I so hope you are right and we don't just sit there and draft someone like Jones because he fell into our laps. I want one fo the top QBs even if that means we have to trade up for him.

O.city
10-22-2012, 09:53 PM
If they want to deal Cam, I'll take him in KC with open arms.

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I hope the NFL catches on the the Chiefs scam of throwing games and takes away their first rounder because the fans that root for losses are merely wounded vaginas in my book...

NEVER EVER wish for your team to lose unless it;s the last game of the year and you are out of it.

warrior
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I hope the NFL catches on the the Chiefs scam of throwing games and takes away their first rounder because the fans that root for losses are merely wounded vaginas in my book...

NEVER EVER wish for your team to lose unless it;s the last game of the year and you are out of it.

Prove there's a scam DA, go back to the black hole where you belong

suds79
10-23-2012, 08:55 AM

I love how there's an all caps "NEVER EVER" line then followed up with an except when this happens. :rolleyes:

You're responsible for this aren't you.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.thecriticalcondition.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/contradiction.jpg&sa=X&ei=VrCGUJmBE4WGyQHImYHADA&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE6MrRgj3-g3WF1T05VFEwcFKTf5A

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Prove there's a scam DA, go back to the black hole where you belong
Oh they will prove it bitch!
I love how there's an all caps "NEVER EVER" line then followed up with an except when this happens. :rolleyes:

QUITTER / LOSER

suds79
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Oh they will prove it bitch!

QUITTER / LOSER

Like the quitter/loser fans in Indy? Yeah I'll bet they're really regretting that now.

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Like the quitter/loser fans in Indy? Yeah I'll bet they're really regretting that now.

they started with Collins and ended with Painter... Not their fault Collins got hurt. Chiefs are too cheap to go #1 on a qb...

6 games into the season and you are already quitting...:shake:

Ugly Duck
10-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't want the first pick again, that shit is embarrassingDave Lane proposes that if Oakland gets the #1 pick we should be forced to draft Jamarcus Russell again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
...is filled with fun and hate!

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Dave Lane proposes that if Oakland gets the #1 pick we should be forced to draft Jamarcus Russell again.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO They got this plot to tank the season Duck LMAO

ChiefGator
10-28-2012, 04:53 PM
So, Cleveland loses. And we lose. Jacksonville fought valiantly but still lost. And somehow, Carolina KEEPS losing as well.

But, how's our outlook after today? One nice thing is there are alot of three loss teams, but very few two loss teams.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Cleveland won

ChiefGator
10-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Cleveland won

Right.. that's what I meant. Well, I mean they lost in the race for the 1st overall. :: chuckle ::

cdcox
10-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Up to 58% chance of the #1 overall as of the moment. A NO victory would put us over 60% chance. Geaux Saints.

BigRedChief
10-28-2012, 06:23 PM
It's still early but its looking like Jacksonville, Carolina and us for the top two QB's and top 2 picks. It would be really bad if we dont get one of the top 2 picks because I could see both the Jags and Panthers trading out to pick up picks and we get jumped over after going 2-14.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2012, 06:27 PM
It's still early but its looking like Jacksonville, Carolina and us for the top two QB's and top 2 picks. It would be really bad if we dont get one of the top 2 picks because I could see both the Jags and Panthers trading out to pick up picks and we get jumped over after going 2-14.

That would be our luck lol

ShowtimeSBMVP
10-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Cleveland 2-6 SD-W, BAL, @DAL, PIT, @OAK, KC, WASH, @DEN, @PIT
Carolina 1-6 @CHI-L, @WASH, DEN, TB, @PHI, @KC, ATL, @SD, OAK, @NO
Kansas City 1-6 OAK-L, @SD, @PIT, CIN, DEN, CAR, @CLE, @OAK, IND, @DEN
Jacksonville 1-6 @GB-L, DET, IND, @HOU, TEN, @BUF, NYJ, @MIA, NE, @TEN

ModSocks
10-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Cleveland 2-6 SD-W, BAL, @DAL, PIT, @OAK, KC, WASH, @DEN, @PIT
Carolina 1-6 @CHI-L, @WASH, DEN, TB, @PHI, @KC, ATL, @SD, OAK, @NO

Carolina is the only team i see the Chiefs beating on this schedule.

2-14 here we come.

BigRedChief
10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Yep, since we play Carolina and the Browns we can make sure its down to just us and the Jags. Where does the Jags get a win? Jets?

NJChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 07:02 PM

I am going to say CLE wins a few more games, CAR too. It really comes down to JAC and the last two games they played give me some home.

On top of that KC has the ability to hand both of those teams loses. The bold games are the ones that should decide this entire race. If we lose the next 3 games that we should easily lose things are going to start getting real. PIT always finds a way to lose games they should win.

Still a ton that can happen.

Bewbies
10-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Carolina is the only team i see the Chiefs beating on this schedule.

2-14 here we come.

One cannot predict a win until we've had a lead. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2012, 07:04 PM
There is no way the Chiefs win another game.

1-15.

cdcox
10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Jacksonville is by far the biggest treat to beat us out at this point.

ModSocks
10-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Jacksonville is by far the biggest treat to beat us out at this point.

Good. They can pick the sucky QB and we'll get the good one.

notorious
10-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Good. They can pick the sucky QB and we'll get the good one.

Or they pick Peyton Manning and we get Ryan Leaf.

Three7s
10-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Or they pick Peyton Manning and we get Ryan Leaf.
AKA Matt Barkley

tyler360
10-28-2012, 07:18 PM
What about the Jets? They could be a sleeper team as well

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2012, 07:54 PM

They're probably even dumber than us. They'll stick with Sanchez for a bit longer.

cdcox
10-28-2012, 07:56 PM

Well under 0.5% chance of drafting first.

DeezNutz
10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Well under 0.5% chance of drafting first.

Running odds yet?

tyler360
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Well I'm afraid that they will clean house at the end of the year. We need to hope they win a few games

cdcox
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Running odds yet?

Post 112.

DeezNutz
10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Post 112.

Thank you, sir.

tredadda
10-28-2012, 08:02 PM

I don't. There are no QBs in this draft worth giving up what a team would have to give up in order to move into one of the top 2 spots. There are solid QBs in this draft and it is looking like a deep QB class, but there are no Lucks or RGIIIs in this class. A team can sit back and wait for a top QB without having to give up a kings ransom for him.

Also we will have a say in whether Carolina drafts in front of us considering we play each other later this season.

ChiefGator
11-27-2012, 04:21 AM
Okay, I assume we are pretty much at 80% of drafting #1 now?

scho63
11-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Okay, I assume we are pretty much at 80% of drafting #1 now?

Closer to 95% thanks to the Panthers last night. Jags our only hurdle

Dave Lane
11-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Dave Lane proposes that if Oakland gets the #1 pick we should be forced to draft Jamarcus Russell again.

Dave Lane approved this message

ILChief
11-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Closer to 95% thanks to the Panthers last night. Jags our only hurdle

They have buffalo and the jets coming up. They should be able to win one of those

farmerchief
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM

I don't know if it would really matter. Looks to me you could take the top rated 5-7 QB's in the draft, put them in a can and shake them up and roll them out, and take what you get. Not a whole lot of defined difference. Nobody really stands out like in last years draft. Just so we get a QB somewhere in the top two rounds, would probably suffice.

AussieChiefsFan
11-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't know if it would really matter. Looks to me you could take the top rated 5-7 QB's in the draft, put them in a can and shake them up and roll them out, and take what you get. Not a whole lot of defined difference. Nobody really stands out like in last years draft. Just so we get a QB somewhere in the top two rounds, would probably suffice.

Nope

Coogs
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

This is where the scouting department, GM, and coaches have to get it right. Not that the talent level at QB is anywhere near what it was in 1983... the last time we drafted a QB in the first round... but there were 5 QB in that first round. And we pretty much grabbed the only turd out of that group. In 2013 we need to get it right.

ChiefGator
11-27-2012, 08:08 AM
They have buffalo and the jets coming up. They should be able to win one of those

And the Titans again!

notorious
11-28-2012, 02:33 PM
ESPN.com's front page pic:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1128/nfl_hotread_203.jpg

Tall black player holding a Chiefs jersey.......

Sorter
11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Kiper=puke

htismaqe
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
ESPN.com's front page pic:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1128/nfl_hotread_203.jpg

Tall black player holding a Chiefs jersey.......

Looks like Eric Berry from the back...

htismaqe
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Kiper=puke

Todd McShay is worse.