PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Some things never change...Ravens's Pollard

Trivers
10-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I flipped over to the Ravens vs. Texans game.

In the same series, Pollard does a PF-facemask, and a blown coverage for a TD.

Yet when he says something bad about KC, his words are taken as gold from some CPers.

There is the reason Chiefs let him go.....and he probably holds a grudge.

Rausch
10-21-2012, 11:49 AM
He's worse that what player we have, right now, as a b/u at S?...

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
That TD didn't look like Pollards fault.

Trivers
10-21-2012, 11:51 AM

They were in a zone and he released as if m2m.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I flipped over to the Ravens vs. Texans game.

In the same series, Pollard does a PF-facemask, and a blown coverage for a TD.

Yet when he says something bad about KC, his words are taken as gold from some CPers.

There is the reason Chiefs let him go.....and he probably holds a grudge.

You're a fucking idiot.

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 11:53 AM

It wasn't man to man though. The safety over the top was supposed to get there in time. Regardless, that offensive play call was just the perfect route against that defense.

Rasputin
We would still be better off with him than without. I like Eric Berry but add Pollard and we would have too hard ass hitting safeties. Pollard makes mistakes sure but so does Eric Berry. They both possess the ability to strike blows and jar the ball loose. They both are hard hitting something Kendrick Lewis lacks.

On the other hand Kendrick has a nice nack for ints. If he can stay healthy enough to get better this year hope he improves his tackling.

I didn't hate Bernard Pollard wish he stayed a Chief. Only thing is wish he didn't crush on Tomm Brady leg. Then maybe we wouldn't be in this miss?

BossChief

hahaha

-King-

It was.

You have it backwards. They were in man to man and he released as if it was zone.

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Pollard is actually having a really solid year so far.

Phobia
10-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Here is a thought. Pollard actually starts for a defense that is pretty darn good. That lends him a little more credibility than your average former Chief player, no?

Trivers
10-21-2012, 11:59 AM
It was.

You have it backwards. They were in man to man and he released as if it was zone.

ooops, you are correct.

Our current safeties are better.

Rausch
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
He's worse that what player we have, right now, as a b/u at S?...

WAITING...

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Wish I had Tivo so I could watch the play again. Pollard is doing very well this year. He's been penalized 3 times this year including the facemask. But besides that he's allowed a QB rating of just 71.9 in his area. Most of all, he hasn't allowed any touchdowns this year.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 12:04 PM
We would still be better off with him than without. I like Eric Berry but add Pollard and we would have too hard ass hitting safeties. Pollard makes mistakes sure but so does Eric Berry. They both possess the ability to strike blows and jar the ball loose. They both are hard hitting something Kendrick Lewis lacks.

On the other hand Kendrick has a nice nack for ints. If he can stay healthy enough to get better this year hope he improves his tackling.

I didn't hate Bernard Pollard wish he stayed a Chief. Only thing is wish he didn't crush on Tomm Brady leg. Then maybe we wouldn't be in this miss?

Chiefs would still be 1-5.

:)

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
ooops, you are correct.

Our current safeties are better.

LMAO

Red Dawg
10-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Plollard stinks and always has. He's just an attitude player. Tough talk and no game.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Plollard stinks and always has. He's just an attitude player. Tough talk and no game.

That's why he's a starter on arguably the best defense in the league for years on end.

He sucks.

Trivers
10-21-2012, 12:18 PM
That's why he's a starter on arguably the best defense in the league for years on end.

He sucks.

Hard to argue against that logic; BUT I still think our HEALTHY safeties are better. :)

-King-
10-21-2012, 12:20 PM

He sucks.

Years on end? This is his 2nd season in Baltimore. And they're not exactly good right now. ROFL

And Wade Phillips was ok with not re-signing him in Houston. I'll trust his defensive talent evaluations.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Pollard's a pretty good player. So he makes some mistakes... just like every other damn player in the league. CP hate for him is ridiculous imo. We all cheered the hit on Brady. It's like he was supossed to be able to see into the future or something and not make the play. It's the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard around here. I'd take him back today.

-King-
Here is a thought. Pollard actually starts for a defense that is pretty darn good. That lends him a little more credibility than your average former Chief player, no?

...not really.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM

He sucks.

Not a bad place to hide him. He's around other All-Pros. :)

It's obvious he was let go from the Chiefs because he wasn't part of the 'Right 53'.

There is also video evidence we all saw of the tackles he missed here. Bad misses.

He was bad in Houston on a bad D.

Rasputin
10-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Chiefs would still be 1-5.

:)

Most likely true :(

Dammet Carl Pioli :cuss:

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Years on end? This is his 2nd season in Baltimore. And they're not exactly good right now. ROFL

And Wade Phillips was ok with not re-signing him in Houston. I'll trust his defensive talent evaluations.

Yay, do whatever the fuck you want.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Not a bad place to hide him. He's around other All-Pros. :)

It's obvious he was let go from the Chiefs because he wasn't part of the 'Right 53'.

There is also video evidence we all saw of the tackles he missed here. Bad misses.

He was bad in Houston on a bad D.

The Chiefs were stupid to cut him. Pioli's a fucking jackass.

It was painfully obvious last year that the Texans prior defensive scheme sucked, if it wasn't clear before 2011. It cost the Texans a playoff spot, similar to the Chiefs in 2004, for seasons on end. The offense had been fine.

Furthermore, pointing out ONE PLAY is fucking stupid. Evaluate Pollard week to week or at the end of the year, not by flipping the channel and seeing a penalty.

:facepalm:

-King-
10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Yay, do whatever the fuck you want.

ROFL You're so funny when you're talking out of your ass.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 12:27 PM
ROFL You're so funny when you're talking out of your ass.

More moronic bullshit from a child. I'm surprised your parents let you use the computer on Sunday.

-King-
10-21-2012, 12:35 PM
More moronic bullshit from a child. I'm surprised your parents let you use the computer on Sunday.

Tell us again how Pollard has started on the best defense in the league for "years on end".

DaFace
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
There's another one.

tmw4h5
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
That was a bullshit call though.

DaFace
10-21-2012, 12:43 PM
That was a bullshit call though.

A few years ago? Sure. By today's rules? Nope.

DBOSHO
10-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I cant believe people wanted him back

-King-
10-21-2012, 12:44 PM
There is no one on this forum more hypocritical than Dane. For every opinion of his, you can find another post contradicting it.

He was on the bandwagon to cut him. And now, he's saying that cutting him was a bad decision. He's such a joke.

Trivers
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
A few years ago? Sure. By today's rules? Nope.

Yep.

Will he get a letter from the NFL, and loosing $$, for his antics towards the Ref?

tmw4h5
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd take Pollard back because he would help change the attitude of our defense.
Our defense is weak, they're gutless. Pollard may not be the most talented, but he's mean. We need a defense that plays angry.

Phobia
10-21-2012, 12:47 PM
There is no one on this forum more hypocritical than Dane. For every opinion of his, you can find another post contradicting it.

He was on the bandwagon to cut him. And now, he's saying that cutting him was a bad decision. He's such a joke.

I don't see that in his posts. He's just saying that he's not a piece of crap player that some Chiefs fans would like everybody else to believe. It's hard to say if we have better talent currently or if Pollard would be a contributor on the defense because the situations are so different.

DBOSHO
Cutting him probably was a bad decision considering he was great on special teams but the guy isnt good as a safety. Bad in coverage, bad at tackling, just bad.

Trivers
Anyhow, Texans are applying the wood to the Ravens! That penalty lead to the killer TD. No way Ravens come back.

Phobia
10-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Yep.

Will he get a letter from the NFL, and loosing $$, for his antics towards the Ref?

Not unless he touched the guy or continues his rant in the media.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I love Pollard threads because I get to do this as a reminder

Mike Brown
Jon McGraw
Sabby Piscitelli
Reshard Langford
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abe Elam
Menzie McShit or whatever his name is
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry

That's four years of Pioli at Safety. Pollard is better than all of them but 1. It's not even close

-King-
10-21-2012, 12:56 PM

Mike Brown
Jon McGraw
Sabby Piscitelli
Reshard Langford
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abe Elam
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry

That's four years of Pioli at Safety. Pollard is better than all of them but 1. It's not even close

I'd take Berry, Lewis, and McGraw over Pollard. People forget just how awful Pollard was. The number of gifs GoChiefs dedicated to him is proof of how bad a safety he was.

The only reason Pollard doesn't get burned as often with Baltimore is because the greatest pass defending safety in league history also plays in that secondary.

Phobia
10-21-2012, 12:58 PM

Mike Brown
Jon McGraw
Sabby Piscitelli
Reshard Langford
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abe Elam
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry

Pollard looked a lot like most of those guys when he was playing in this defense. Safeties are usually exposed on teams where the front 7 don't get to the QB.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Lewis and McGraw are/were dog shit terrible. They are like Pollard but worse. Much slower/even worse angles on ball carriers (I didnt even think that was possible but these two prove it, especially Lewis)/and they give the crappiest efforts trying to stop guys in the open. So Lewis can KIND OF maybe play center field, and he's even poor at that most of the time.

They are bad. Lewis is a Pioli turd and McGraw was white with 45 concussions and couldnt run with a turtle.

Pollard can at least make a play. Pollard had 10 tackles against this crappy Chiefs team this season. TEN. Kendrick Lewis is lucky if he throws himself at some guys legs for one.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Pollard looked a lot like most of those guys when he was playing in this defense. Safeties are usually exposed on teams where the front 7 don't get to the QB.

Pollard played on a much WORSE Chiefs team of talent than what we are suppose to have right now

or so I am led to believe around here we have "all this talent"

I find it hard to believe the talent was awful when Pollard was here and the excuse for Lewis and Berry is also.. "the talent is still awful four years later"

so what is it. Make up your minds

Phobia
10-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I think it's a horrible scheme. I haven't enjoyed the 3-4 in KC at all. There's never . pressure despite the fact we have Hali. Don't you just shake your head every time another team coverts 3rd and 17?

I think Polamoleua (sp) and Ed Reed would look horrible in KC.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Furthermore, pointing out ONE PLAY is fucking stupid. Evaluate Pollard week to week or at the end of the year, not by flipping the channel and seeing a penalty.

:facepalm: He missed SEVERAL tackles as a Chief.

And a poor scheme has nothing to do with being a poor tackler.

-King-
10-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Lewis and McGraw are/were dog shit terrible. They are like Pollard but worse. Much slower/even worse angles on ball carriers (I didnt even think that was possible but these two prove it, especially Lewis)/and they give the crappiest efforts trying to stop guys in the open. So Lewis can KIND OF maybe play center field, and he's even poor at that most of the time.

They are bad. Lewis is a Pioli turd and McGraw was white with 45 concussions and couldnt run with a turtle.

Pollard can at least make a play. Pollard had 10 tackles against this crappy Chiefs team this season. TEN. Kendrick Lewis is lucky if he throws himself at some guys legs for one.

And Abram Elam had 9 tackles some point this year. Doesn't really mean shit.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 01:15 PM

Mike Brown
Jon McGraw
Sabby Piscitelli
Reshard Langford
Donald Washington
Kyle McCarthy
Travis Daniels
Abe Elam
Kendrick Lewis
Eric Berry

That's four years of Pioli at Safety. Pollard is better than all of them but 1. It's not even closeI agree, except for Berry. He's either not 100%, or being used wrong. I don't know. Plus, this is sophomore season.

Also, he was EVERYONE'S favorite. Not just us, but sports media.

I won't fault anyone if Berry is a bust. I also would never credit Pioli for drafting him because he was a no-brainer.

Hoover
10-21-2012, 01:19 PM
You're a fucking idiot.
do you call everyone a fucking idiot?

Grow the fuck up.

MotherfuckerJones
10-21-2012, 01:21 PM
This season is why Pioli needs canned. The NFL is such an even level playing field right now with really no dominant teams. Baltimore is good but defense is getting injured, Pittsburgh is getting really old and injured, Houstons good but not great, Patriots are good not great and there's only 2 teams over .500 in BAL and HOU the rest are .500 or worse. FUCK!!! Fire Pioli, fire the entire coaching staff, get a competent GM, HC that can coach and toughen this team up and install an attitude, draft a top 3 QB. And let's go get it

Titty Meat
10-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Pollard fucking sucks never understood the love for the guy.

beach tribe
10-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Are there still people that defend Pollard? The one thing that I just cannot tolerate in a S is them being a liability for a blown coverage on every play. Polard was a guy that I was THRILLED about when we picked him. That excitement quickly turned to disgust. He's a Warfield type, who just never seemed to give a shit about what his responsibility was on any given play. Kind of like how DJ plays when he's not focused. Speaking of which, we are going to need a coach who is willing to sit DJ when he starts that shit. It's the only thing he seems to respond to. He's a total animal when focused. Pollard would whiff tackles too. Even when focused. He was one of the HORRIBLE tacklers from that Vermiel/Herm squad. Man, I've never seen such terrible tackling as those guys.

MotherfuckerJones
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Look I liked Pollard but not much. He cant tackle well, he isnt good in coverage.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I agree, except for Berry. He's either not 100%, or being used wrong. I don't know. Plus, this is sophomore season.

Also, he was EVERYONE'S favorite. Not just us, but sports media.

I won't fault anyone if Berry is a bust. I also would never credit Pioli for drafting him because he was a no-brainer.

I agree. That was the right pick there. And Piolis only accurate pick. Houston fell into his lap. He gets no credit for making that pick because thats a pick he should have made in round 1 regardless. Not even a monkey could **** up taking Houston in the 3rd.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I dont think the argument is Pollard is good.

I think it is more Scott Pioli in 4 years has never improved the position with talent better than Pollard.

our safeties are still terrible. Still more blown coverages and missed tackles and poor run support than ever. I know Pollard wasnt good. But if you are going to cut a guy that goes on to have success elsewhere and is still a proven NFL starting talent you better fucking upgrade the position. Pioli has failed miserably at that.

themanwithnoname
10-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Pollard is a guy that will make plays, but he ****s up just as much if not moreso. If you don't follow the team he's on you'd think he's pretty good and would want him on your team, but if you do follow him he frustrates the hell out of you.

I'm not surprised he fits in well with the Ravens. They've got a good system and talent that can limit how much he can **** up and he fits the attitude of that defense almost perfectly. That's not a compliment, while I will give them their due I've never been a fan of the Ravens because of their attitude, namely how they whine like bitches when things don't go their way. They do of course back it up more often than not though and it has been to his benefit.

But that attitude is why he's no longer a Chief and the Texans dumped him as fast as they did. Of course in hindsight we see that what happened with him and the Chiefs wasn't all on him like I think a lot of Chiefs fans felt at the time.

I will give him credit though, he's played well this year which is doubly surprising considering all the issues the Ravens have had, but then that just shows the strength of their system.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 02:23 PM
do you call everyone a fucking idiot?

Grow the fuck up.

Fuck you

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 02:24 PM
He missed SEVERAL tackles as a Chief.

And a poor scheme has nothing to do with being a poor tackler.

So? So does every other Chiefs safety since.

BFD.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Are there still people that defend Pollard? The one thing that I just cannot tolerate in a S is them being a liability for a blown coverage on every play. Polard was a guy that I was THRILLED about when we picked him. That excitement quickly turned to disgust. He's a Warfield type, who just never seemed to give a shit about what his responsibility was on any given play. Kind of like how DJ plays when he's not focused. Speaking of which, we are going to need a coach who is willing to sit DJ when he starts that shit. It's the only thing he seems to respond to. He's a total animal when focused. Pollard would whiff tackles too. Even when focused. He was one of the HORRIBLE tacklers from that Vermiel/Herm squad. Man, I've never seen such terrible tackling as those guys.

First off, I'm not defending Pollard. I pointed out how ridiculous it was to call a guy out for ONE PLAY because he just happened to change the channel and see a penalty. Judge his play per game or person, not from one play.

Secondly, DJ is getting a little too old, IMO, to be "called out" or "sat" because of poor play. He's always played with a lack of focus and very shortly, father time will catch up to him, which doesn't make for a successful combination.

Although in all honesty, I think it's difficult to judge anyone this season due to the fact that they've either given up or will when they're 1-10.

Hoover
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
First off, I'm not defending Pollard. I pointed out how ridiculous it was to call a guy out for ONE PLAY because he just happened to change the channel and see a penalty. Judge his play per game or person, not from one play.

Secondly, DJ is getting a little too old, IMO, to be "called out" or "sat" because of poor play. He's always played with a lack of focus and very shortly, father time will catch up to him, which doesn't make for a successful combination.

Although in all honesty, I think it's difficult to judge anyone this season due to the fact that they've either given up or will when they're 1-10.
you're a fucking idiot.

DBOSHO
10-21-2012, 02:44 PM
So? So does every other Chiefs safety since.

BFD.

Big deal that hes a horrible tackler? Big deal?

beach tribe
10-21-2012, 02:44 PM

I wasn't insinuating that you were defending Pollard. I was just making a statement in general. Wasn't even directed at you really. As far as DJ goes. He can be kept in line, and he can play consistent. He has just shown that he needs someone other than a "players coach" to get it out of him. It's the value of good coaching.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I am really glad our almost 30 year old veteran "leader" (I use this loosely) MLBer needs to be "coached up" by a strict HC that needs to baby sit him and keep in line like he is a 23 year old immature rookie

ThaVirus
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM

I'll blame it on coaching.

I still feel like Dorsey would have been great with proper coaching. Berry would be top 2 or 3; shit, he's at least top 8 with our piece of shit scheming.

Demonpenz
10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Honestly what the fuck has Eric Berry done lately.

Easy 6
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Honestly what the **** has Eric Berry done lately.

Its a dual problem of scheme & coming back from serious injury.

I bet he looks a lot more like we all wanted him to next year.

Hopefully, most people cut him some slack this year.

Sorter
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Honestly what the **** has Eric Berry done lately.

Played a lot of man coverage.

A lot.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 03:19 PM
you're a fucking idiot.

I'd take that as an insult from anyone other than you. But considering you can barely form two coherent sentences regarding football, I'll take it as a compliment.

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Big deal that hes a horrible tackler? Big deal?

It was a joke.

Look, I couldn't give a shit about Pollard after he was cut by the Chiefs. But, the bottom line is that he cut was for ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

He wasn't cut in preseason because of his play. He was cut because he "talked back" to Haley. That's an extremely stupid reason to cut a player, especially a young player with talent.

Even IF Pollard didn't fit their "scheme", he was an effective special teams player, something the Chiefs could have used in 2009 (and 2010).