PDA

View Full Version : Football Palmer says thanks for your input, calls own plays

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-22-2012, 11:22 AM
http://raidersnewsflash.wordpress.com

The Raiders were going 3 and out over and over again for almost 3 quarters then suddenly in the 4th Palmer started to move the ball mostly by no huddle. RNF had various witnesses on the ground that are saying Knapp was visible upset that Palmer was NOT calling the plays that was in his head set in fact Knapp at one point began to get in Dennis Allen’s ear. So much that Dennis Allen had to use on those costly Time Outs. It was a strange time out when the Raiders were in the red zone Palmer still had 3 seconds on the clock and he was going to get the play off but Dennis Allen called a Time Out. Palmer went to the sideline confused, Dennis Allen thought he was having communication problem in Palmer’s helmet head set but it was not the case.

Carson Palmer basically was ignoring Gregg Knapp’s calls and running the offense himself which ended up being a good thing. I am being told that the Raiders scored on every possession that Palmer did this and when Knapp made Palmer listen to his plays in the Red Zone Raiders had to settle for a field goal. Not to mention the 3 quarters when Raiders were not moving the ball at all. Gregg Knapp was seen on the sideline very upset..

Thank You Carson Palmer for saving the Raiders season.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Glad they won. They need to have more wins than us at the end of the season. A win this Sunday should seal the deal.

bevischief
Number one pick here we come.

Jim Jones
And not a single fuck was given.

Molitoth
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
If I was Palmer I would do the same thing.

Call the play at the LOS after reading the defense.

Having scripted plays is oldschool football that just won't compete now days.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
i guess the Faiders will be in the market for a new QB next year.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Good.

Go Raiders.

:)

Molitoth
10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Actually it would've been better for the Chiefs for a Jags win...

loochy
10-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Good for him. Screw the idiot coaches.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Wha??? ROFL That ship sank months ago.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2012, 11:50 AM
A good coaching staff would put their pride aside and let him continue

Mr. Laz
10-22-2012, 11:51 AM
IF we lose to the faiders...

Mr. Laz
10-22-2012, 11:53 AM
bullshit

I doubt there is a coaching staff in the league that would let the QB take over mid game.

outside of Payton Manning in Indy, does any QB just run things?

now a good coaching staff would of recognized that asset and installed a no huddle from the beginning.

Bump
10-22-2012, 11:54 AM

no shit right? Their OC has a lot of Pioli in him.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Palmer says thanks for your input, im still 6-10 as a Raiders QB

Pasta Little Brioni
10-22-2012, 12:00 PM
bullshit

I doubt there is a coaching staff in the league that would let the QB take over mid game.

outside of Payton Manning in Indy, does any QB just run things?

now a good coaching staff would of recognized that asset and installed a no huddle from the beginning.

They were 1-4, getting owned by the Jaguars, and he said fuck it let's do it my way....It worked.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
They were 1-4, getting owned by the Jaguars, and he said fuck it let's do it my way....It worked.
yea, but no coaching staff is just going give up control

scho63
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM

True-the Jags have a tough schedule the rest of the way and I see maybe 2-3 wins possible for them

We must not fail at the suckage!

Ugly Duck
10-22-2012, 12:09 PM
http://raidersnewsflash.wordpress.com

The Raiders were going 3 and out over and over again for almost 3 quarters then suddenly in the 4th Palmer started to move the ball mostly by no huddle. RNF had various witnesses on the ground that are saying Knapp was visible upset that Palmer was NOT calling the plays that was in his head set in fact Knapp at one point began to get in Dennis Allen’s ear. So much that Dennis Allen had to use on those costly Time Outs. It was a strange time out when the Raiders were in the red zone Palmer still had 3 seconds on the clock and he was going to get the play off but Dennis Allen called a Time Out. Palmer went to the sideline confused, Dennis Allen thought he was having communication problem in Palmer’s helmet head set but it was not the case.

Carson Palmer basically was ignoring Gregg Knapp’s calls and running the offense himself which ended up being a good thing. I am being told that the Raiders scored on every possession that Palmer did this and when Knapp made Palmer listen to his plays in the Red Zone Raiders had to settle for a field goal. Not to mention the 3 quarters when Raiders were not moving the ball at all. Gregg Knapp was seen on the sideline very upset..

Second opinion from SFGate reporter: I know Raiders fans want to blame Greg Knapp for everything, but there’s a big misconception about the no-huddle offense going around. People think that quarterback Carson Palmer calls the plays instead of the offensive coordinator when the offense starts humming like it did in the second half Sunday. Not true …

Knapp calls three or four plays and Palmer chooses one based on what he sees at the line of scrimmage from the defense.

“There’s communication between him and Greg Knapp,” coach Dennis Allen said. “Carson makes the final decision based off of the game plan and what we feel like we can do to exploit their defensive structure.”

Knapp, after chewing out the offensive players at halftime, flipped the switch to the no-huddle to start the third quarter. I asked Allen what took so long (since I couldn’t ask Knapp, who is only available to writers on Thursdays).

“We’ve used it in the first half of other games,” Allen said. “It’s something that we’ve always got in our game plan and we look for the right opportunities to use it. Whenever the situation dictates that, that’s when we’ll break it out.”

So, the Raiders see the no-huddle as a change-up … but what if your change-up is your best pitch? I am sure Allen will be asked again about this at today’s news conference. Also, Knapp may deserve some criticism for his play-calling but the last time I checked he doesn’t block. And that’s the big issue now. The Raiders run game didn’t get anywhere on power or zone blocking plays yesterday. And Palmer has taken a beating the last two weeks.

“(The Jaguars) won the battle up front — there’s no question about it,” Allen said. “We weren’t able to run the ball effectively. We had too much pressure on the quarterback, so that’s going to be something we’re going to have to look at and we have to get that corrected moving forward.”

If not, we’ll be talking about Matt Leinart’s use of the no-huddle soon.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/10/22/big-misconception-about-no-huddle-offense-and-why-not-use-it-sooner/

Simply Red
10-22-2012, 01:43 PM
And not a single **** was given.

this

The_Doctor10
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Second opinion from SFGate reporter: I know Raiders fans want to blame Greg Knapp for everything, but there’s a big misconception about the no-huddle offense going around. People think that quarterback Carson Palmer calls the plays instead of the offensive coordinator when the offense starts humming like it did in the second half Sunday. Not true …

Knapp calls three or four plays and Palmer chooses one based on what he sees at the line of scrimmage from the defense.

“There’s communication between him and Greg Knapp,” coach Dennis Allen said. “Carson makes the final decision based off of the game plan and what we feel like we can do to exploit their defensive structure.”

Knapp, after chewing out the offensive players at halftime, flipped the switch to the no-huddle to start the third quarter. I asked Allen what took so long (since I couldn’t ask Knapp, who is only available to writers on Thursdays).

“We’ve used it in the first half of other games,” Allen said. “It’s something that we’ve always got in our game plan and we look for the right opportunities to use it. Whenever the situation dictates that, that’s when we’ll break it out.”

So, the Raiders see the no-huddle as a change-up … but what if your change-up is your best pitch? I am sure Allen will be asked again about this at today’s news conference. Also, Knapp may deserve some criticism for his play-calling but the last time I checked he doesn’t block. And that’s the big issue now. The Raiders run game didn’t get anywhere on power or zone blocking plays yesterday. And Palmer has taken a beating the last two weeks.

“(The Jaguars) won the battle up front — there’s no question about it,” Allen said. “We weren’t able to run the ball effectively. We had too much pressure on the quarterback, so that’s going to be something we’re going to have to look at and we have to get that corrected moving forward.”

If not, we’ll be talking about Matt Leinart’s use of the no-huddle soon.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/10/22/big-misconception-about-no-huddle-offense-and-why-not-use-it-sooner/

All that spin made me dizzy. Good for Palmer, hope he does it next week, he's starting for me with Dalton on the bye

DJ's left nut
10-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Glad they won. They need to have more wins than us at the end of the season. A win this Sunday should seal the deal.

We needed the Jags to win that game.

They're not going to win again for the rest of the year. Meanwhile the Raiders still have us and the Chargers to kick around. Not to mention the possibility of the Broncos forgetting to play their customary 15 minutes of football some Sunday.

That Raiders win hurt our chances at #1 overall.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 02:30 PM
We needed the Jags to win that game.

They're not going to win again for the rest of the year. Meanwhile the Raiders still have us and the Chargers to kick around. Not to mention the possibility of the Broncos forgetting to play their customary 15 minutes of football some Sunday.

I think they give Gabbert another season.

Not worried about them taking Geno.

Ugly Duck
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM

the Raiders still have us and the Chargers to kick around.

I predict that Oakland will lose 2X to KC & one more time to SD. We have safeties playing cornerback & backups playing safety. The OAK run game has become close to non-existant. Coaches & players are still stumbling & bumbling their way through the new system. Even with Castle & Quinn, KC has a better chance to win. Oakland will ruin your chance at the #1....... not because they pulled out a miracle win against the hapless Jags, but because they will lose to KC twice....

HemiEd
10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I predict that Oakland will lose 2X to KC

Back when the Chiefs sucked so bad, like now, that was the dream going into each season.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? ROFL

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I predict that Oakland will lose 2X to KC & one more time to SD. We have safeties playing cornerback & backups playing safety. The OAK run game has become close to non-existant. Coaches & players are still stumbling & bumbling their way through the new system. Even with Castle & Quinn, KC has a better chance to win. Oakland will ruin your chance at the #1....... not because they pulled out a miracle win against the hapless Jags, but because they will lose to KC twice....

That's because they should be giving Goodson most of the carries, not McFadden. As it looks right now, Goodson can perform in the ZBS.

NJChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Good leader. Was worth the price you paid. Just keep winning games and believing in Palmer. Honestly, you would be doing us a favor in more ways than one.

Imon Yourside
10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Did Cassel ever try this? could have been the magical formula!

Dave Lane
10-22-2012, 10:46 PM
I may gag saying this but go you fucking pieces of shit go!

Dave Lane
10-22-2012, 10:48 PM

They better fucking not! If Oakland get the first overall they should be forced to take Jamarcus Russell again. :)

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-22-2012, 11:54 PM
They better ****ing not! If Oakland get the first overall they should be forced to take Jamarcus Russell again. :)

With the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, Kansas City picks:

Gary McGee, long snapper, Missouri State!

Gary had a 3.4 GPA, and has a magnificent singing voice. Gary also was noted for falling off the TKE house, standing up beer still in hand, and continuing to drink.

:jester: