PDA

View Full Version : Football Jags could be even greater threat now to our #1 pick status

RunKC
10-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert suffered a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder, via @Edwerderespn.

Damn and MJD is hurt too. I hope this doesn't keep him out for an extended period of time. They would have won Sunday if these guys didn't get hurt. Gah dammit!

notorious
10-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Damn straight. They need to win against Oakland.

ILChief
10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
I doubt we get the #1 pick. I would guess we will end up in the 5 to 8 range

loochy
10-23-2012, 07:22 AM

Awesome. That's prime territory for drafting a DT.

ILChief
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM

We should be able to draft Wilson or trade up for smith or Barkley from that position

Bewbies
10-23-2012, 07:26 AM
We should be able to draft Wilson
I will take the DT.

rageeumr
10-23-2012, 07:28 AM
They may actually be better off without Gabbert. Matt Cassel thinks Blaine Gabbert is a bad quarterback.

And that's coming from a Mizzou fan.

loochy
10-23-2012, 07:29 AM
We should be able to draft Wilson or trade up for smith or Barkley from that position

Yeah we should. Pioli might still be here though.

Woodchuck
10-23-2012, 07:31 AM

It's still to early to say. Wilson could go #1. I can definately see Jacksonville and Cleveland picking ahead of KC and I think both will take QBs.

RunKC
10-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Cleveland and Jacksonville losing on Sunday really fucked things up for us.

The only winnable game I see on Clevelands schedule is us.

tredadda
10-23-2012, 08:22 AM
It's still to early to say. Wilson could go #1. I can definately see Jacksonville and Cleveland picking ahead of KC and I think both will take QBs.

I don't see either drafting a first round QB. I don't think Jax will give up on Gabbert yet and will want to give him more weapons. Weeden has played pretty well for Cleveland. They might take a QB, but not in round 1.

tredadda
10-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Cleveland and Jacksonville losing on Sunday really ****ed things up for us.

They weren't supposed to beat Cincy but they did. I think Cleveland will steal some wins this year that they weren't supposed to.

RunKC
10-23-2012, 08:24 AM
They weren't supposed to beat Cincy but they did. I think Cleveland will steal some wins this year that they weren't supposed to.

Unfortunately I see that being the case with us too.

Either Oakland game, Cleveland and Indy could all be W's IMO.

tredadda
10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately I see that being the case with us too.

Either Oakland game, Cleveland and Indy could all be W's IMO.

Yup. Been saying that.

MIAdragon
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Cleveland and Jacksonville losing on Sunday really ****ed things up for us.

Cleveland has been in every game. Take away a dropped TD late in the 4th and they beat the Colts.

As for Jax, Chad looked awful but with some 1st team reps I think he has a decent chance of wining some games.

ILChief
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I think there is a good chance the first pick gets traded. If CAR or CLE gets it especially. Possibly Jax too. Obviously KC would keep the pick but I really don't see us getting the number one pick

tredadda
10-23-2012, 08:31 AM
I think there is a good chance the first pick gets traded. If CAR or CLE gets it especially. Possibly Jax too. Obviously KC would keep the pick but I really don't see us getting the number one pick

This is expected to be a deep QB class. Who out there is so desperate for a QB that they are willing to give up a kings ransom (think what Wash gave up or more) to trade up to #1 pick for a QB that is not the caliber of either Luck or RGIII? I think trading out of #1 might be harder this year than people think.

scho63
10-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Let's just give the Jag's Cassel

bevischief
10-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Let's just give the Jag's Cassel

Works for me.

TEX
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
KC is going to be bad enough to get a top QB regardless.

ModSocks
10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Meh.

I don't think CLE drafts a QB. Weeden seems to be getting better every week. He's been playing well enough to NOT draft another QB next year.

JAX OTOH.....they'll be picking 1st overall.

I recommend people start watching more Wilson/Barkely and less Geno Smith.

BlackHelicopters
10-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Why would Jax draft a QB when they have Blaine Gabbert running the show? Dude is a juggernaut.

kcxiv
10-23-2012, 10:11 AM
As long as we are 1-2 or 3 i think we are good.

This team has no choice if we are that bad at the end of the year to make big moves. There is no way we can go into 2013 with a lame qb. I just cant see them not drafting a qb anymore.
I think its obvious to EVERYONE now that its time for the Chiefs to get that qb. If not, then well, we are used of sucking anyways.

The Franchise
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Meh.

I don't think CLE drafts a QB. Weeden seems to be getting better every week. He's been playing well enough to NOT draft another QB next year.

JAX OTOH.....they'll be picking 1st overall.

I recommend people start watching more Wilson/Barkely and less Geno Smith.

I'm not sure that the Jags won't go get a Vet to lead that team. They need more than just a QB. They could either trade down or stay put and get another playmaker.

ModSocks
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm not sure that the Jags won't go get a Vet to lead that team. They need more than just a QB. They could either trade down or stay put and get another playmaker.

Eh, i dont know man. That's a fan base that needs an injection more than ours. I think they draft a QB. What vet QB can they even bring in? Matt Cassel?

I'd love to see them try to sell that to their fan base.

Mr. Laz
10-23-2012, 10:21 AM
according to Bosschief, it's already over the Jags will get the 1st pick

Rain Man
10-23-2012, 10:25 AM
A team has to draft above us AND want a quarterback.

How is Gabbert progressing? Would they give up on him with a #1 pick? Wasn't he a top-ten pick who's only in his second year?

saphojunkie
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM

How is Gabbert progressing? Would they give up on him with a #1 pick? Wasn't he a top-ten pick who's only in his second year?

But that doesn't matter! New CBA says you can draft a first round QB every year! /idiots

Mr. Laz
10-23-2012, 10:29 AM

or they could just trade down with a team that does need a QB and we would still miss out.

The Franchise
10-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Eh, i dont know man. That's a fan base that needs an injection more than ours. I think they draft a QB. What vet QB can they even bring in? Matt Cassel?

I'd love to see them try to sell that to their fan base.

The Jags have a fan base?

Honestly....they could trade back and still get a QB in the first.

Rain Man
10-23-2012, 10:31 AM
or they could just trade down with a team that does need a QB and we would still miss out.

Well, this is true, too, I guess. But that requires some other things like a willing trade partner who has the ammo and guts to do it. So it's harder to pull off.

TEX
10-23-2012, 10:32 AM

Year 4 of Pioli...ROFL

Rausch
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM

This is my main worry. Another reason I want a GM willing to swing for the fences...

The Franchise
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't care if we get the #2 pick.....fucking trade up to the #1 and take Smith.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Jags beat the colts week 3 do it again tonight.

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
you know... I'd trade a fourth rounder to the jags for him IN A FUCKING SECOND. bring in 1st round rookie QB, let him compete with gabbert. the anti-gabbert crowd notwithstanding, he's looked pretty damned good this year at times.

Woodchuck
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
I think the complete opposite. Henne helps the Jags chances to win imo. Blaine Gabbert is terrible.

DJ's left nut
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
I think the complete opposite. Henne helps the Jags chances to win imo. Blaine Gabbert is terrible.

My God, you are so wrong that you can't even make yourself right when the results are already in.

This thread is 3 weeks old, shit for brains. Gabbert's played both games since that one, threw for 500+ yards in the two of them and had 80+ QB ratings in both.

You can't even get the answers right with the damn answer key sitting in front of you.

It's really uncanny.

Rausch

I'm convinced this stupidity is purposeful.

If not I pray God bestows upon you both great luck and endless mercy.

Either way I'm done playing...

kepp

Gabbert could be groomed to be much better than he is now. He has a lot of physical talent. He doesn't have (and never really has had) a good mental side of his game. I'm afraid the Jags have ruined his career though...throwing him in the fire like they did. He REALLY needed to benefit of sitting behind someone for a couple years.

Rausch
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Gabbert could be groomed to be much better than he is now. He has a lot of physical talent. He doesn't have (and never really has had) a good mental side of his game. I'm afraid the Jags have ruined his career though...throwing him in the fire like they did. He REALLY needed to benefit of sitting behind someone for a couple years.

Next Pioli b/u!

YAY!

ptlyon
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM

So just like Stanzi then???

Woodchuck
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
My God, you are so wrong that you can't even make yourself right when the results are already in.

This thread is 3 weeks old, shit for brains. Gabbert's played both games since that one, threw for 500+ yards in the two of them and had 80+ QB ratings in both.

You can't even get the answers right with the damn answer key sitting in front of you.

It's really uncanny.

ROFL and he lost right? ...a day late and a buck short I guess...

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
They can have our #1 overall pick when they pry it from our cold, dead hands!

***Jags commence prying open our cold, dead hands***

Woodchuck
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
you know... I'd trade a fourth rounder to the jags for him IN A ****ING SECOND. bring in 1st round rookie QB, let him compete with gabbert. the anti-gabbert crowd notwithstanding, he's looked pretty damned good this year at times.

If the Jags traded us Blaine Gabbert for a 4th round pick, we would be getting screwed. They need a QB as bad as we do and if they were going to throw him away for nothing, then they know he's fucking terrible.

Titty Meat
11-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Woodchuckfucker doing his best to ruin another thread

FishingRod
11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Well we do have a former 1st round QB on our team we could trade them. Ya know, just to be fair

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
If the Jags traded us Blaine Gabbert for a 4th round pick, we would be getting screwed. They need a QB as bad as we do and if they were going to throw him away for nothing, then they know he's ****ing terrible.

I'll say this as simply and as eloquently as I can... you're a fucking idiot. you know what you get talent-wise from QBs in the fourth round? shit. tom brady is a once in a lifetime lottery ticket. you get ricky stanzi in the fourth round (I know, he was a fifth rounder--just using an example you can understand).

gabbert has undeniable talent--with stability and good coaching, he's a damned good QB. fourth rounder for that? FUCK YES.

DC.chief
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Browns have been in most of the games they've played and they seem to be playing better every week. Especially with haden back. I think we end up picking before them. Its a toss up between us and the jags imo. Geno has struggled some the past few games and now I'm really not sold on a particular QB in this draft class. After what we've been through I'd gladly take whoever the next best thing is at #2. Still some more college ball to play and we could see college QBs ranking change here

Chiefnj2
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Gabbert sucks. Kid has less pocket presence than any starting NFL QB.

Chris Meck
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
nonetheless, I'd trade a mid round pick for him AFTER I drafted a QB #1. His measurables would indicate that given some time to learn he could work out.

luv
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Does it matter if we get the top ranked or the second ranked QB? I mean, if this was us last year, I really wouldn't have complained to have ended up with RG3.

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM

No way.

You think that somehow, the Chiefs offense is going to "wake up" against Pittsburgh, Cinci, Denver twice, in Oakland, at Cleveland, versus the Panthers and Colts?

No fucking way.

This team is awful. They're historically awful and they aren't going to get better, they're going to get worse.

I get that some of you guys think that the Chiefs will blow it and win a few games but there has been absolutely NO indication they're capable of beating another team.

None.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Does it matter if we get the top ranked or the second ranked QB? I mean, if this was us last year, I really wouldn't have complained to have ended up with RG3.

Why don't you want us to win at ANYTHING?! Why do you hate the Chiefs?!

:D

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Cleveland and Jacksonville losing on Sunday really fucked things up for us.

The Chiefs WILL NOT beat the Browns in Cleveland.

What fucking football team are you watching on Sundays?

DJ's left nut
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
No way.

You think that somehow, the Chiefs offense is going to "wake up" against Pittsburgh, Cinci, Denver twice, in Oakland, at Cleveland, versus the Panthers and Colts?

No fucking way.

This team is awful. They're historically awful and they aren't going to get better, they're going to get worse.

I get that some of you guys think that the Chiefs will blow it and win a few games but there has been absolutely NO indication they're capable of beating another team.

None.

The Panthers and Browns are the exact games that the Chiefs historically win. Even shithouse Chiefs teams manage to win those games.

Why? Because it's the Chiefs and God hates us.

I agree with you, there's no earthly justification for the Chiefs winning another game this year. But they will. In fact they'll probably win 2 more. Charles will rape faces to win a game and perhaps Houston or Hali will make a couple of big plays in another one to steal it.

It's too much to hope for these guys to continue sucking this badly.

StcChief
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
maybe home vs. Panthers if weather helps. all the rest NFW. we can't play four quarters

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
The Panthers and Browns are the exact games that the Chiefs historically win. Even shithouse Chiefs teams manage to win those games.

Why? Because it's the Chiefs and God hates us.

I agree with you, there's no earthly justification for the Chiefs winning another game this year. But they will. In fact they'll probably win 2 more. Charles will rape faces to win a game and perhaps Houston or Hali will make a couple of big plays in another one to steal it.

It's too much to hope for these guys to continue sucking this badly.

I don't "hope" they continue to suck, the will continue to suck.

No coaching, no QB, non-existent run game, only one real receiver coupled with only one true starting CB and a nearly invisible Hali equals no wins.

DJ's left nut
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't "hope" they continue to suck, the will continue to suck.

No coaching, no QB, non-existent run game, only one real receiver coupled with only one true starting CB and a nearly invisible Hali equals no wins.

http://mizunogirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/fingers-crossed.jpg

Woodchuck
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
The Chiefs WILL NOT beat the Browns in Cleveland.

What ****ing football team are you watching on Sundays?

Do you think we have talent? Do you think we are a QB and HC away from being the 49ers?

Marcellus
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM

WTF have you been smoking? You think there are a minimum of 4 and possibly 7 worse teams than us?

ROFL

Valiant
11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I am sorry, but the odds and past history dictates we win a couple more games when we are statistically out of it.

We will kill one team we shouldn't, and the other will be against a suck team that wants a higher slot.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert are about the same.

nfl-forecast.com still says Chiefs 63 percent, Jags 22 percent.

Hammock Parties
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
And FYI, the Browns have a pretty good pass rush that will absolutely crush Cassel.

They could have easily beaten Philly, Cincy and Baltimore.

Oh, they already DID beat Cincy. And if they can hold Rivers to 6 pts, they can send Cassel straight to hell.

Marcellus
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Do you think we have talent? Do you think we are a QB and HC away from being the 49ers?

This team has totally quite 8 games in. Regardless of talent.

With the effort they are putting out they couldn't beat the 49'rs cheerleaders in a game of football.

Titty Meat
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Cincy is another team we can beat.

whoman69
11-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Is that based on all the leads we keep blowing?

suds79
11-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Couldn't you say that about pretty much any team?

I mean HC & QB IMO is 90% of what your team is. Everybody else is filler.

So yes we need just that but I'm not going to pretend that's an easy feat.

saphojunkie
11-08-2012, 04:13 PM
There is absolutely, positively, without question, ZERO reason to think the Chiefs will win another game this season.

The day - nay, the SECOND - that we have a lead in a game, we can begin to discuss if there's a chance we won't lose by double digits at least.

Until then, you're kidding yourself. Chiefs are on the clock.

Gonna be a fun offseason!

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I am sorry, but the odds and past history dictates we win a couple more games when we are statistically out of it.

We will kill one team we shouldn't, and the other will be against a suck team that wants a higher slot.

Not happening.

DaneMcCloud
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM

No way.

Which football team are you guys watching on Sunday?

This isn't 2011. This isn't 2010. Hell, this isn't even 2007-2009.

This team is completely non-competitive. Completely. Dead in the water.

Done.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-08-2012, 04:31 PM
No way.

Done.

Agree with this.

suds79
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM

I don't know how anybody with a straight face could say this.

I mean when we haven't lead a single second of the season, how could we think that?

I mean if by "can" we mean theoretically it's possible. Like a 10% chance at best? Sure I'll give that to you.

But otherwise no way... At least not realistically.

Dave Lane
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I'll say this as simply and as eloquently as I can... you're a ****ing idiot. you know what you get talent-wise from QBs in the fourth round? shit. tom brady is a once in a lifetime lottery ticket. you get ricky stanzi in the fourth round (I know, he was a fifth rounder--just using an example you can understand).

gabbert has undeniable talent--with stability and good coaching, he's a damned good QB. fourth rounder for that? **** YES.

You could just gone with your fucking idiot

Amnorix
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Patriots might trade you Mallett for you 1...

:p

Dave Lane
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
No way.

Done.

together is powerful

ModSocks
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM

Not this year. 1-4 is getting closer to a guarantee every week that goes by. After we lose on Monday, we'll drop to 1-8. With 7 games to go, do you honestly see the Chiefs winning 3 of those games?

No way.

Top 5 pick here we come.

Dave Lane
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Patriots might trade you Mallett for you 1...

:p

If you change Mallett to Brady you have a deal.

Bewbies
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
There is absolutely, positively, without question, ZERO reason to think the Chiefs will win another game this season.

The day - nay, the SECOND - that we have a lead in a game, we can begin to discuss if there's a chance we won't lose by double digits at least.

Until then, you're kidding yourself. Chiefs are on the clock.

Gonna be a fun offseason!

Hard to believe people don't see it this way. Until we can talk about the lead we held for one possession how in the hell can you talk about winning? LMAO

Dave Lane
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
No way.

No ****ing way.

None.

I tend to agree with you Dane but I really think that if Romeo is fired and Pioli is let go morale might pick up enough that they actually manage to eke out a couple games.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2012, 05:51 PM
They won't win another game

chiefzilla1501
11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
The Jags have a new coach. They should hopefully win a few games later in the year as they start to get his message. Still a horrible team, but the Chiefs are still the worst by a mile.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Big whoop, they fucking blow and are losing their only skill players worth a damn. It's going to be a long, hard fight to the number 1 spot.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
nonetheless, I'd trade a mid round pick for him AFTER I drafted a QB #1. His measurables would indicate that given some time to learn he could work out.umm ... no

shitty pocket presence and being scared of getting hit generally can't be coached.

being scared of getting hit is a deal breaker

Death2CasselFans
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Im only here because I hate Cassel

Im enjoying this season. The more Cassel sucks the happier I get.

Titty Meat
11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Woodchuckfucker your negative rep's don't mean shit when you're in the red. Go complete your lawsuit so you'll stop posting here.

Ebolapox
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
yep. also, english motherfucker--do you speak it?

Sorter
11-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey Woodchuck****er your negative rep's don't mean shit when you're in the red. Go complete your lawsuit so you'll stop posting here.

LMAO

Reerun_KC
11-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Glabbert is a huge bust and waste. He could f up our chance at a qb.

Setsuna
11-08-2012, 11:17 PM
ROFL. I tried to tell yall.

TimeForWasp
11-08-2012, 11:17 PM
We have not lead ever this season. We can't even stay ahead of the Jags on the #1 pick.