PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN's Bill Simmons is Behind the SaveOurChiefs Movement

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=8539013

Dial in at the 46:00 mark. Thanks to our buddy Jason Whitlock for turning on a member of the national media to the cause. Bill had a lot of great things to say.

L.A. Chieffan
10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
THIS WAS FUCKING AWESOME. I HEARD IT YESTERDAY AND ALMOST HAD A STROKE.

LiL stumppy
10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Down with pioli!

GloryDayz
10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Like!!!

FAX
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
We now have you surrounded, Pioligo.

Surrender or face extinction!!

Or, alternatively, you can face the other way so that extinction has a clear shot at your ass.

FAX

wazu
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Awesome. He's so right. We have lost our minds. And it's glorious.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2012, 09:05 PM
That was great. Would have been good if he gave the banner as an example to the guy that asked what the hell a twitter account is going to do. I also agree that a stadium with 1,000 or less people would be amazing. In the end that would be the ultimate point, worth about 500 banners and 100 radio ads. Shitting in Clark's ear would have less impact than a completely empty stadium.

In58men
10-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I don't have flash on my iPhone, one thing apple needs to take care of.

Mizzou_8541
10-23-2012, 09:06 PM
That was awesome, thanks for posting!

petegz28
10-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Noice....noice

FAX
10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
That was great. Would have been good if he gave the banner as an example to the guy that asked what the hell a twitter account is going to do. I also agree that a stadium with 1,000 or less people would be amazing. In the end that would be the ultimate point, worth about 500 banners and 100 radio ads. Shitting in Clark's ear would have less impact than a completely empty stadium.

I hope it can be done ... the boycott, I mean. It just seems as though there are too many Chiefs fans who are unwilling to do what is necessary. In fact, they view it as their obligation to attend the games in order to demonstrate support for their horrific team and to fight the SaveOurChiefs insurgency.

We must develop a plan that involves a grenade launcher, a street blockade, or some sort of nudity. It's the only way.

FAX

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-23-2012, 09:14 PM
the three biggest complainers are three white women over the age of 55. Menopause must really suck!

Easy 6
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Without yet hearing a single word... i've been quietly waiting for Simmons to show atleast SOME kind of personality or strong take on SOMETHING, anything at all, for years in his afcw coverage... his espn.com stuff is so bland it makes retirement home food look spicy.

Get with the program & come on in for the big WIN, Bill.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
the three biggest complainers are three white women over the age of 55. Menopause must really suck!

CHIEFS MOMS FOR CASSEL

Raiderhater
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Very cool. The guys on 610 continue to bring up the movement on a some what regular basis as well. If for some strange reason Clark has not yet taken notice it is only a matter of time before he does because this is not going to stop until he does.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 09:43 PM
this is not going to stop until he does.

"Neither can survive while the other one lives."

WE ARE HARRY POTTER AND PIOLI IS VOLDEMORT

FAX
10-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Very cool. The guys on 610 continue to bring up the movement on a some what regular basis as well. If for some strange reason Clark has not yet taken notice it is only a matter of time before he does because this is not going to stop until he does.

Not only will it not stop, it will escalate until our demands our met.

The twat account grows in followers by the minute. Banners will continue to fly. Games will be blacked out. Handouts will be handed out and bumper stickers will be stuck to bumpers.

There will be no retreat. No compromise. No concession. No ralphs in the vomitorium until Clark surrenders his arms and hands Pioli over to the people's justice.

FAX

Phobia
10-23-2012, 09:54 PM

The twat account grows in followers by the minute. Banners will continue to fly. Games will be blacked out. Handouts will be handed out and bumper stickers will be stuck to bumpers.

There will be no retreat. No compromise. No concession. No ralphs in the vomitorium until Clark surrenders his arms and hands Pioli over to the people's justice.

FAX

Smooth, calculating, escalating, organized... The more this thing builds, the more credible it becomes. Then finish strong, very strong at the end of the year with a big, bold move to send the point home.

hometeam
10-23-2012, 09:55 PM

FAX

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/annapetruncio/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

Rausch
10-23-2012, 09:57 PM

FAX

If this continues and Pioli is retained for next year I'd love to have a different type of fundraiser.

Donate money to purchase tickets from fed up season ticket holders. Raise money to buy said tickets so they aren't out the money but also allow them to retain the rights to their season tickets.

Burn said tickets and post video.

Most fans give up and quit going. Screw that. We love our team. We're loyal to our team. We're not giving up.

We do our part as fans. We're not the the one's leaving. Fuck you Pioli - YOU LEAVE...

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I think we should fly a banner over ESPN's headquarters the final week of the season.

Bane
10-23-2012, 09:58 PM

ROFL

hometeam
10-23-2012, 09:58 PM
I think we should fly a banner over ESPN's headquarters the final week of the season.

That's actually a great idea.

BossChief
10-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Smooth, calculating, escalating, organized... The more this thing builds, the more credible it becomes. Then finish strong, very strong at the end of the year with a big, bold move to send the point home.

IF YOU WANT CHANGE, CANCEL YOUR SEASON TICKETS.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Our monday night and thursday games will have a national audience.

This team having a fan revolt on national TV is a big story and a big embarrassment to the franchise...

aturnis
10-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Alright... Which one of the you faggots is Hermoine? I have some pent up energy to expel.

Setsuna
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Alright... Which one of the you pillowbitergots is Hermoine? I have some pent up energy to expel.

No.

BossChief
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM

This team having a fan revolt on national TV is a big story and a big embarrassment to the franchise...

Look at how our next 3 games play out.

10-28 we play at home against the Raiders
11-1 (4 days later) we play in San Diego
11-12 we play the Steelers in Pittsburgh on monday Night football.

Pioli should be fired by tuesday morning...if Clark Hunt has any balls, PIOLI WILL GET FIRED AFTER THE NEXT 3 GAMES.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Alright... Which one of the you pillowbitergots is Hermoine? I have some pent up energy to expel.

Lumpy, quite clearly.

I'm Ron Weasley.

Capone is Harry motherfucking Potter.

And Cassel was that little turd Draco Malfoy.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2012, 10:17 PM
.if Clark Hunt has any balls, PIOLI WILL GET FIRED AFTER THE NEXT 3 GAMES.

This is what I think will happen.

The Chiefs are going to be embarrassed on national TV, Pioli's mug will be all over the screen....AXE.

Johnny Vegas
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
we love our team so much we fight for its integrity and its seems like the critics don't understand why we are so angry. thats just love, man.

Munson
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Look at how our next 3 games play out.

10-28 we play at home against the Raiders
11-1 (4 days later) we play in San Diego
11-12 we play the Steelers in Pittsburgh on monday Night football.

Pioli should be fired by tuesday morning...if Clark Hunt has any balls, PIOLI WILL GET FIRED AFTER THE NEXT 3 GAMES.

It would be great if Pioli gets canned after the Steelers game. You know Todd Haley is frothing at the mouth, ready to drop 50 points on this sorry ass team.

Phobia
10-23-2012, 10:24 PM
If this continues and Pioli is retained for next year I'd love to have a different type of fundraiser.

Donate money to purchase tickets from fed up season ticket holders. Raise money to buy said tickets so they aren't out the money but also allow them to retain the rights to their season tickets.

Most fans give up and quit going. Screw that. We love our team. We're loyal to our team. We're not giving up.

We do our part as fans. We're not the the one's leaving. **** you Pioli - YOU LEAVE...
That idea has legs. Only problem is fundraising. I know I'm not sending my hard-earned money in to bail out people who made a poor choice. Are you? But I'm pitching a couple variations of it to the powers that be.

Chiefspants
10-23-2012, 10:25 PM
It would be great if Pioli gets canned after the Steelers game. You know Todd Haley is frothing at the mouth, ready to drop 50 points on this sorry ass team.

Coincidentally, it would be the second time Haley led to the firing of someone from the Patriots tree.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
That idea has legs. Only problem is fundraising. I know I'm not sending my hard-earned money in to bail out people who made a poor choice. Are you? But I'm pitching a couple variations of it to the powers that be.

Last year is the first year I didn't go to a game in I don't know how long.

Could I pay $5 a paycheck? Sure. I'm sure as hell saving that money on tickets/parking/and God knows beer prices.

And I'm so fucking fed up with this $3itfest we've been fed I can cut back on a pack of smokes every 2 weeks. Hell, it'd be better for my health.

Apathy changes nothing. I don't want people to give up.

I want them to fight for their team. We deserve better.

WE'RE STAYING - YOU GO...

Sorter
10-23-2012, 10:33 PM

I hope it does.

FAX
10-23-2012, 10:34 PM

ROFL

That is going to be one very interesting game.

FAX

Rausch
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I hope it does.

Before this season started I wanted to win this game worse than any other outside the Denver games. I fucking LOATHE T0dd.

After yet another craptastic season I hate Pioli more. It's the same BS as Herm only less talent drafted each year...

Psyko Tek
10-23-2012, 10:42 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/annapetruncio/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

torches only work with pitch forks
does anybody have any pitch forks any more?

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2012, 10:46 PM
ROFL

That is going to be one very interesting game.

FAX

I would pay him to give a few zingers after the game about what he can do when you have an actual QB. Not even as a compliment to himself but just an insult to Cassel and Pioli.

FAX
10-23-2012, 10:52 PM

We do our part as fans. We're not the the one's leaving. **** you Pioli - YOU LEAVE...

If Pioligo is retained, it will require a consistent effort that attracts and maintains the solidarity of the fans. Personally, I think that if we keep up the pressure at the current levels and execute upon the current plans (while staying creative and developing new ideas), Pioligo cannot survive long.

Clark has never seen anything like this. But if we relax or begin to back off, he'll believe he's weathered the storm ... that's my greatest concern. If we don't begin to ease up, though, Pioligo has little chance; Clark will have to make the move. As for me, I'm open to any plan or program that's practical, increases the pressure, and entices the media to get involved. The more attention that's drawn to Pioligo and his horrid track record here in Kansas City, the better.

FAX

Phobia
10-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Last year is the first year I didn't go to a game in I don't know how long.

Could I pay $5 a paycheck? Sure. I'm sure as hell saving that money on tickets/parking/and God knows beer prices.

So, we only need 10 other people willing to donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy a single ticket from some poor sap who sits in the nosebleeds. You know 110 people who will donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy that guy's tickets for the whole season?

AustinChief
10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Lumpy, quite clearly.

I'm Ron Weasley.

Capone is Harry motherfucking Potter.

And Cassel was that little turd Draco Malfoy.

Sweet, does that make me Godric Gryffindo? (and to be clear, I had to look that one up, I am not a Harry Potter geek)

On a marginally more serious note...

What about getting people to buy these and inflate them once inside the stadium...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/01YR0dtA13L.jpg

http://www.fancydressball.co.uk/small_images/inflatable-flaming-torch-35841.jpg

Phobia
10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Sweet, does that make me Godric Gryffindo? (and to be clear, I had to look that one up, I am not a Harry Potter geek)

On a marginally more serious note...

What about getting people to buy these and inflate them once inside the stadium...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/01YR0dtA13L.jpg

http://www.fancydressball.co.uk/small_images/inflatable-flaming-torch-35841.jpg

Love.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:02 PM
If Pioligo is retained, it will require a consistent effort that attracts and maintains the solidarity of the fans. Personally, I think that if we keep up the pressure at the current levels and execute upon the current plans (while staying creative and developing new ideas), Pioligo cannot survive long.

Clark has never seen anything like this. But if we relax or begin to back off, he'll believe he's weathered the storm ... that's my greatest concern. If we don't begin to ease up, though, Pioligo has little chance; Clark will have to make the move. As for me, I'm open to any plan or program that's practical, increases the pressure, and entices the media to get involved. The more attention that's drawn to Pioligo and his horrid track record here in Kansas City, the better.

FAX

Definitely.

I don't think we can force anything but we can be a constant drip. That never ending drip you just keep hearing all night long until you finally break down and fix the fucking sink...

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:06 PM
So, we only need 10 other people willing to donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy a single ticket from some poor sap who sits in the nosebleeds. You know 110 people who will donate $5 per paycheck so we can buy that guy's tickets for the whole season?

I don't know if that Idea will fly at all.

I do know there are about 90,000 people looking and ready to hear ideas though and if we keep throwing them out there one of us will eventually come up with the right one.

Also it depends on how you look at it. Some people donated $10 for a banner that only flew for an hour. That empty seat will last the whole game.

Is one idea better than the other? That's not up to me - it's your money...

FAX
10-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Definitely.

I don't think we can force anything but we can be a constant drip. That never ending drip you just keep hearing all night long until you finally break down and fix the ****ing sink...

Yep. A drip with the occasional, unexpected gully washing toad strangler ... that should do the trick.

FAX

Phobia
10-23-2012, 11:11 PM

I do know there are about 90,000 people looking and ready to hear ideas though and if we keep throwing them out there one of us will eventually come up with the right one.

Also it depends on how you look at it. Some people donated $10 for a banner that only flew for an hour. That empty seat will last the whole game.

It's a great idea if you can eliminate the financial obligation to repay. Nobody is under any obligation to do that and I don't think disgruntled Chiefs fans would expect it.

FAX
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
It seems to me that, of all the fans, the STHs are the people who should be the most angry.

There has to be a way to leverage and channel that natural resource.

FAX

BossChief
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM

You can buy tickets on stubhub for the Bengals game for like 8 bucks...

Same goes for the Panthers game

They start at 6 bucks for the Browns game

7 bucks for the Colts game

Even at those prices, I dont think it would make a dent.

The stadium will be empty, regardless.

BossChief
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
It seems to me that, of all the fans, the STHs are the people who should be the most angry.

FAX

Totally agree.

I feel ripped off for just spending the money on sunday ticket (and that was only a hundy)....I probably couldn't put it into words how mad I would be if I had dropped a couple Gs each year over the last few for the product these guys have put out there.

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Totally agree.

I feel ripped off for just spending the money on sunday ticket (and that was only a hundy)....I probably couldn't put it into words how mad I would be if I had dropped a couple Gs each year over the last few for the product these guys have put out there.

I dropped DirecTV and thought about the NFL streaming package for $35 but ended up passing on that.

COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.

bevischief
10-24-2012, 06:19 AM

I agree.

DBOSHO
10-24-2012, 06:21 AM

Neither can die?

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Neither can die?

No, I think Clay just identifies with effeminate teenagers...

Rausch
10-24-2012, 06:35 AM
No, I think Clay just identifies with effeminate teenagers...

Given...

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Pioli, just leave town already.

BourbonMan
10-24-2012, 07:20 AM

FAX

I agree..That's why after 7 years and $14,000 later, I'm not renewing anymore.

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2012, 07:56 AM
I wish a better option existed than ES...............

the Talking Can
10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
he gave a shout out to Whitlock a couple of weeks ago:

Q: Is Kansas City the new Philadelphia? Their fans booed Robby Cano mercilessly during the home run contest. Enough to totally get in his dome and hit exactly 0 home runs. (And I loved every second of it) Then they cheer when Cassell gets hurt? That's pretty low.
—CP, Des Moines

SG: Come on, do you really think we'd ever have a show called It's Always Sunny in Kansas City? I think Kansas City is more like the kid who was bullied for a few years before finally snapping, not much different from Warriors fans snapping during Joe Lacob's speech on Chris Mullin night. They were so frustrated by the Scott Pioli era and the last few years in general that a few of them handled it wrong. (Jason Whitlock's take nailed it.) Besides, there can never be a "new" Philly — what would we do with the old one?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8495054/to-believe-in

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 08:34 AM
he gave a shout out to Whitlock a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8495054/to-believe-in

I have to come clean - it was me that asked that question.

:harumph:

MotherfuckerJones
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Can we fly a banner over pittsburgh when kc plays? That is the perfect game! Nationally televised on ESPN!

lcarus
10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Hell I just realized I hadn't followed the saveourchiefs twitter yet. Done. I don't "tweet" very much...but one more follower nonetheless.

Chief Gump
10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
You down with SOC? Yeah you know me.
Who's down with SOC? All the homies.

boogblaster
10-24-2012, 09:15 AM
kool .....

soopamanluva
10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Can we fly a banner over pittsburgh when kc plays? That is the perfect game! Nationally televised on ESPN!

that would be hilarious

whoman69
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM

Clark lives in Dallas and probably has no idea. Only option is empty seats and empty parking lots. Set up a neutral place to tailgate and don't go to the games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Burn Baby Burn.

DaKCMan AP
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Clark lives in Dallas and probably has no idea. Only option is empty seats and empty parking lots. Set up a neutral place to tailgate and don't go to the games.

Clark goes to every game - home and away.

Munson
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM

Considering its a night game, you'd have to fly the banner a few hours before kickoff. I'm not sure it would get much publicity. But I'm sure Todd Haley would get a kick out of it. Hell, he's probably one of the anonymous donors to the SOC movement.