PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs have 2nd ranked OL in NFL

RunKC
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
According to profootballfocus.

Didn't see this anywhere and I think it deserves its own thread.

https://www.profootballfocus.c...ine-rankings/2/

2. Kansas City Chiefs
PB = 2nd, RB = 10th, PEN = 9th
You can’t blame the Chiefs struggle on their offensive line. Branden Albert has given up just eight quarterback disruptions all year, Ryan Lilja (who was playing well at LG) looks like a natural at center, while Eric Winston and Jon Asamoah have formed a handy combination. The quarterback situation is killing this team.

That's pretty impressive considering we had a QB who holds onto the ball forever.

I think this is actually great news. Any rookie first round QB should be able to put up big numbers with the 2nd ranked OL, AFC's leading rusher and a pro bowl QB (well if Bowe is still here next year).

DJ's left nut
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM
HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!!!!!

L.A. Chieffan
10-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Eric Winston says kiss his ass embarassing Chiefs fans

bevischief
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Wow can we fire the GM now?

BossChief
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Id almost be willing to bet money that if Pioli isnt fired,he is gonna let Albert walk after next year and Bowe walk after this year.

Stephenson and Baldwin were replacement picks.

Pioli even made comments eluding to this prior to the draft in his interview with Jack Harry.

BlackHelicopters
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Did not read the entire article. Who is #1? Surprised Winston did not grade out as the best OT since Munoz.

KCUnited
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
A stud Oline and KC fan is still pissed. Pioli did the impossible.

Chief Roundup
10-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Id almost be willing to bet money that if Pioli isnt fired,he is gonna let Albert walk after next year and Bowe walk after this year.

Pioli even made comments eluding to this prior to the draft in his interview with Jack Harry.

Thought Alberts contract was up after this season. Albert is the type I see Pioli keeping. Albert is going to come at a more reasonable price for his position than Bowe. Which I don't think we let Bowe walk. I figure we will at least tag and trade him type of thing to get compensation if he leaves.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2012, 06:15 PM
It was proven last year when Orton started to play the Chiefs problems were not primarily the Oline.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
10-24-2012, 06:24 PM
It was proven last year when Orton started to play the Chiefs problems were not primarily the Oline.
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently the coaching staff is aware of this:

Ravens Game: 15 pass attempts

Bucs Game: 40 pass attempts

-King-
10-24-2012, 06:26 PM
WINSTON SUCKS! OUR O LINE SUCKS!
Posted via Mobile Device

WV
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
A stud Oline and KC fan is still pissed. Pioli did the impossible.

What does this have to do with Cassel sucking a bag of dicks?

Also unrelated to your comment, but shouldn't our Oline grade out well for QB pressures when the last couple of games we've run the snot out of Charles?

RunKC
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM

The saddest part about this is that when Pioli took this job he said that the team had really nice pieces on it aka Bowe, Carr and Albert.

So why the fuck would you get rid of these guys?

PA Chiefs
10-24-2012, 06:29 PM
So what are you saying its Cassel's fault?

KCUnited
10-24-2012, 06:35 PM
What does this have to do with Cassel sucking a bag of dicks?

Also unrelated to your comment, but shouldn't our Oline grade out well for QB pressures when the last couple of games we've run the snot out of Charles?

It was a joke. Fix the Oline has been a KC cliche since Roaf retired. It showcases the Fail that Pioli is that he's fixed the Oline and is still getting run out of town by the biggest 'ah shucks' fanbase in the NFL by sticking with that abortion survivor Cassel.

DeezNutz
10-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Charles is 6th in the NFL in rushing.

But it's a "team problem," according to Fraudoli.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Thought Alberts contract was up after this season. Albert is the type I see Pioli keeping. Albert is going to come at a more reasonable price for his position than Bowe. Which I don't think we let Bowe walk. I figure we will at least tag and trade him type of thing to get compensation if he leaves.

Gonna have to use the tag on Albert.

Pioli's used up any goodwill he has - he's not going to get Albert signed to a long-term deal before the tag deadline, so they're going to have to use the tag on him.

Bowe's gone because Pioli is awful at his job.

the Talking Can
10-24-2012, 07:08 PM
that is a scathing indictment of cassel...he is beyond bad, a good QB would rape behind this line

and the line hasn't missed hudson at all...which may mean nothing , or may as well be an indictment...

milkman
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
that is a scathing indictment of cassel...he is beyond bad, a good QB would rape behind this line

and the line hasn't missed hudson at all...which may mean nothing , or may as well be an indictment...

I think it's an indictment of his lack of experience, both in the NFL, and at the position.

Ryan Lilja makes up for his lack of experience at the position because of the years he's been in the league.

He's seen it all, and with the experience, he does a better job of making the line calls that center is responsible for.

One on one, Hudson is a better blocker, but this line has been more cohesive as a unit because of that experience.

At the end of the day, sitting Hudson for a year, and now losing him for another, has hurt the overall development of this line as group when Hudson returns.

Should have started him last year and let him learn on the job.

The Franchise
10-24-2012, 07:15 PM

This. Pioli is gutting the old regime's players when he can.

BossChief
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM
As usual, I agree milk.

If we had started Hudson at center last year, we would have a great idea of how well he translates and if he should have been kept there going forward.

Now, we may end up with no center and a logjam at guard.

This line would probably be better off with

LT Albert
LG Hudson
C Konz
RG Asamoah
Rat Winston

That

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

Time will tell, though.

O.city
10-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Konz would have been better, but even with Hudson and Allen this line is by far adequate.

I'm amazed by this. I don't understand how someone can be so bad at evaluating a player, when said player affects the overall team this much.

BossChief
10-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Want to hear something that seems unreal, but is absolute fact?

Vegas values the quarterback as the most important position in terms of point spread swing...but guess what position is second on their point value system?

The center.

The Franchise
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Vegas values the quarterback as the most important position in terms of point spread swing...but guess what position is second on their point value system?

The center.

I can see that. Calls out protections, has to take on a 3-4 NT....has to snap the ball and immediately stop a 300 lb fucker from getting through the line.

BossChief
10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Konz would have been better, but even with Hudson and Allen this line is by far adequate.

I'm amazed by this. I don't understand how someone can be so bad at evaluating a player, when said player affects the overall team this much.

What I'm saying is that we have all of our eggs in one basket and Hudson developing into the teams center is very important, especially with Hudson missing all this developmental time.

BossChief
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
I can see that. Calls out protections, has to take on a 3-4 NT....has to snap the ball and immediately stop a 300 lb fucker from getting through the line.

I thought that was pretty shocking.

I would have guessed WR, RB, or pass rusher before center.

GloryDayz
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
According to profootballfocus.

Didn't see this anywhere and I think it deserves its own thread.

https://www.profootballfocus.c...ine-rankings/2/

2. Kansas City Chiefs
PB = 2nd, RB = 10th, PEN = 9th
You can’t blame the Chiefs struggle on their offensive line. Branden Albert has given up just eight quarterback disruptions all year, Ryan Lilja (who was playing well at LG) looks like a natural at center, while Eric Winston and Jon Asamoah have formed a handy combination. The quarterback situation is killing this team.

That's pretty impressive considering we had a QB who holds onto the ball forever.

I think this is actually great news. Any rookie first round QB should be able to put up big numbers with the 2nd ranked OL, AFC's leading rusher and a pro bowl QB (well if Bowe is still here next year).

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Eric Winston has left the house!

Hammock Parties
10-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Pioli is awesome!

ClevelandBronco
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Opposing defenses want your quarterbacks to throw the ball. Best news ever.

O.city
10-24-2012, 07:35 PM
How sad is it that Kyle Orton, who could have been had for not alot, probably has this team tied for the division right now

milkman
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM

The center.

I wasn't aware of the Vegas odds thing, but I've always thought center is an undervalued position.

O.city
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I think it's pretty damn funny that Pioli has put together some decent pieces only to have them fall apart because of the one guy he absolutely hand picked.

Guy has egg on his face AND clown shoes on right now.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
How sad is it that Kyle Orton, who could have been had for not alot, probably has this team tied for the division right now

It's also pretty sad for the rest of the division. What a bunch of turds.

siberian khatru
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
I wasn't aware of the Vegas odds thing, but I've always thought center is an undervalued position.

If you don't have a center, the ball just sits there and no play happens.

Priest31kc
10-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Not surprising. Nearly every time Casshole, or now Quinn, drops back, they have a perfect fucking pocket.

Minus the 1st half against Buffalo, the pass protection has been great.

It's been clear as day to see too, so I just don't understand how even some Chiefs fans have been blaming the O-Line. It's like they're really not watching how the O-Line is doing, they're just following the ball. Or they're just stupid and don't understand the game. Who knows.

Bump
10-24-2012, 11:37 PM
this is a contract year for Albert? right?

that makes sense

Chris Meck
10-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Albert is only subpar compared to Willie Roaf. If you learned football watching Roaf play LT, then yeah, Albert sucks. Of course, so does everyone else.
Albert's fine, and should be re-signed.

bricks
10-25-2012, 02:29 AM
I can see that. Calls out protections, has to take on a 3-4 NT....has to snap the ball and immediately stop a 300 lb ****er from getting through the line.

Yup. Sounds like a lot of responsibility. Not an easy position to play that's for sure.

shaggyshane
10-25-2012, 02:40 AM
This is the exact opposite of when this team stunk in the late 80's. When the Chiefs only won 4 games in 1987 & 88 they had some top defenses led by Bill Maas,Albert Lewis,Deron Cherry,Kevin Ross. But at the end of the day stats didn't (And Don't) win games.

the Talking Can
10-25-2012, 04:36 AM

The center.

pressure up the middle is probably the most disruptive thing to a QB...QBs want to step up into the pocket to make a clean throw...so i can see that

the Talking Can
10-25-2012, 04:37 AM
I think it's an indictment of his lack of experience, both in the NFL, and at the position.

Ryan Lilja makes up for his lack of experience at the position because of the years he's been in the league.

He's seen it all, and with the experience, he does a better job of making the line calls that center is responsible for.

One on one, Hudson is a better blocker, but this line has been more cohesive as a unit because of that experience.

At the end of the day, sitting Hudson for a year, and now losing him for another, has hurt the overall development of this line as group when Hudson returns.

Should have started him last year and let him learn on the job.

yeah, an i'm not giving up on him...do wonder if he should have been a guard

lilja deserves major praise for making the switch so well...

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 06:36 AM

The center.

Not surprising.

There's only 2 players that touch the ball on EVERY offensive play.