PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL’s Top 10 most-liked, least-liked players according to recent Nielsen Poll

Death2CasselFans
10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Most Liked

1 Troy Polamalu 63
2 Drew Brees 62
3 Charles Woodson 62
4 Peyton Manning 59
5 Aaron Rodgers 58
6 Rob Gronkowski 58
7 Robert Griffin III 57
8 Brian Urlacher 57
9 Donald Driver 57
10 Mathew Stafford 56

Least Liked

1 Ndamukong Suh 19
2 Jay Cutler 21
3 Michael Vick 23
4 Randy Moss 24
5 Matt Leinart 26
6 Tony Romo 27
7 Kyle Orton 27
8 Santonio Holmes 28
9 Mark Sanchez 31
10 Brady Quinn 31

A recent Nielsen poll asked NFL fans which players they find most appealing. The results form a list of the most and least liked players in the league.

Based on the results, here are the two prototypes:

The ideal NFL player: A curly-haired, Super Bowl MVP quarterback who wins Dancing With the Stars and is totally fiesta.

The imperfect NFL player: A smirky, cigarette-dangling ex-con who stomps on opponents on national holidays while beer bonging and demanding to be paid in straight cash, homey.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is the most-liked player in the league, with a positive rating of 63%. Drew Brees (62%), Charles Woodson (62%), Peyton Manning (59%) and Aaron Rodgers (58%) rounded out the top five. Overall, seven of the top 10 most-liked players are quarterbacks. Three are Green Bay Packers.

The least liked player in the league is Ndamukong Suh (19%). His Monday night wrestling partner, Jay Cutler, was close behind with 21%. Michael Vick (23%), Randy Moss (24%) and Matt Leinart (26%). The top two quarterbacks on the Dallas Cowboys depth chart -- Tony Romo and Kyle Orton -- were in the bottom 10.

Some thoughts:

-- Kyle Orton? What did Kyle Orton ever do to America?

-- Where's Tim Tebow? WE MUST KNOW WHERE TIM TEBOW FALLS ON THE RANKINGS.

-- Robert Griffin III is already in the top 10, which is no surprise. He's getting so much hype that I think he's polling at 8% in the presidential election and is threatening to carry D.C., Maryland and Virginia.

-- Polamalu at No. 1 and Suh in last place aren't surprising in the least. Head and Shoulders commercials work wonders.

-- Tom Brady isn't in the top 10. For real? Matthew Stafford is more liked than a guy who won three Super Bowls and plays on national TV 10 times a year? Are people still mad at him for running out on Bridget Moynahan?

-- People dislike Jay Cutler more than Michael Vick? Apathetic, full-faced and coupled with a reality TV star makes him worse than a convicted felon who wasn't exactly universally beloved before his downfall?

-- Seriously, where's Tebow?

Link (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/15939700-419/suh-on-top-of-cutler-againas-least-liked-nfl-player.html)

AussieChiefsFan
10-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Surprised Orton is on there

NJChiefsFan
10-25-2012, 12:04 AM
People HATE and people LOVE Tebow. To split to get votes one way or another. Surprised that Stafford is on the liked list.

AussieChiefsFan
10-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Also do people really like Donald Driver THAT much?

KChiefer
10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
What I'm seeing on the Liked list are veterans from huge franchises that have a jerk on there squad that fan's of other teams hate more.

On the Hate list I'm seeing guys that have royally screwed at least one franchise, and/or have done something idiotic in the public eye.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Gronk? Really? Great player but the dude is the definition of meathead. He'd fit right in on Jersey Shore.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Gronk? Really? Great player but the dude is the definition of meathead. He'd fit right in on Jersey Shore.

My thoughts exactly

bevischief
10-25-2012, 06:15 AM
I want to see the players most liked/hated list.

10-25-2012, 06:16 AM
I want to see the players most liked/hated list.

saveourchiefs is probably number one on the hated. LMAO

BlackHelicopters
10-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Driver? People enamored with his bald head and stone hands?

Easy 6
10-25-2012, 06:49 AM
How in the hell did Quinn get there, he hasnt done jack in forever.

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 06:50 AM
How could Jay Cutler be #2 most-hated?

He's a LEADER.

MahiMike
10-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm just happy that a current and ex-Chief made a top 10 list.

Easy 6
10-25-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm just happy that a current and ex-Chief made a top 10 list.

LMAO

Good or bad, atleast they made SOME kind of list.

whoman69
10-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Surprised Orton is on there

More surprised Quinn is. Orton probably got voted on by former Bronco and Bears players.

whoman69
10-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Really, its a surprise Tebow isn't on here? Most football players don't even want to admit he's in the league, let alone admit they think about him.

htismaqe
More surprised Quinn is.

People hate his baby face and muscles.

NewChief
Agree on Brady.

I guess it's all the hate from the East Coast fans who dislike him for spanking their teams for years. Brady, although somewhat weird, seems like one of the coolest dudes in the league.

Chief Roundup
10-25-2012, 07:41 AM

He's a LEADER.

Think this was sarcasm but in case. Cutler thinks he is better than he is. Between his attitude, throwing players and coaches under the bus and his me first attitude. He is an alcoholic, Diabetic worthless piece of shit.

Rain Man
10-25-2012, 07:44 AM
I bet this was some unscientific online opt-in poll. It looks like Packers fans stuffed the ballot box, and they don't like other NFC North teams and they don't like the Cowboys.

Bad market research. Bad, bad market research.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2012, 07:52 AM
"I cant stand Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn!!!!!"

Said, no sports fans ever.......

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Really, its a surprise Tebow isn't on here? Most football players don't even want to admit he's in the league, let alone admit they think about him.

I can't understand the hate for Tebow... Is it because he loves Jesus? What is it?

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I can't understand the hate for Tebow... Is it because he loves Jesus? What is it?

That's some of it.

Overexposure is the other.

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 08:02 AM
That's some of it.

Overexposure is the other.

The over exposure is the media's fault... The kid has heart, I wish more kids would idolize people like him.

Reerun_KC
10-25-2012, 08:03 AM
haha, not surprised.

Both orton and quinn suck ass...

Deberg_1990
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
The over exposure is the media's fault... The kid has heart, I wish more kids would idolize people like him.

Yea, not his fault he was drafted too high and is waaay overexposed. The media overexposes him because when you bring up his name it gets an immediate reaction from anyone which = ratings. Hes a lightening rod and a "love him or hate him" type of guy.

Im sure plenty of kids idolize him.

loochy
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
haha, not surprised.

Both orton and quinn suck ass...

?

They aren't good, but neither are half the players in the NFL. Why do these guys stand out?

Reerun_KC
10-25-2012, 08:07 AM
?

They aren't good, but neither are half the players in the NFL. Why do these guys stand out?

dont know.

I could care less about them as a person... But as a player, I dont want either on my team...

wouldnt touch either one of them with a 10 mile pole.

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Yea, not his fault he was drafted too high and is waaay overexposed. The media overexposes him because when you bring up his name it gets an immediate reaction from anyone which = ratings. Hes a lightening rod and a "love him or hate him" type of guy.

Im sure plenty of kids idolize him.

Gotta admit, he never waivers and handles the haters with a smile... He is a helluva athlete, he just fits no position...

Chief Gump
10-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Why the hell is Matt Leinart on there? What has he done that he is hated?

Deberg_1990
10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
dont know.

I could care less about them as a person... But as a player, I dont want either on my team...

They are not great Qbs but they dont draw out much hate or rage in people either do they? Thats where im confused..

Maybe they polled alot of Denver and CLeveland people?

Frazod
10-25-2012, 08:12 AM
I certainly agree with Suh at No. 1. That guy is the vilest thug in football. It's not enough for him to bring somebody down - he always adds something at the end of the play to attempt to add injury. Hopefully somebody will cheapshot his knee one day and end him.

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 08:12 AM

Pissed off Arizona fans because he cost them a first round pick

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 08:14 AM
That hit Suh put on Cutler the other night was cheap as hell, he should have been fined for that, he was blatantly trying to end Cutlers season.

loochy
10-25-2012, 08:14 AM
dont know.

Yeah, but like I said, that's no different than 2/3 of the NFL. 2/3 of the players are crappy backups or 3rd stringers.

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Got a contract he didn't deserve?

Acted like a Hollywood playboy instead of an NFL QB?

LOCOChief
10-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Mark Castle? not on list? why?

Rain Man
10-25-2012, 08:18 AM
I certainly agree with Suh at No. 1. That guy is the vilest thug in football. It's not enough for him to bring somebody down - he always adds something at the end of the play to attempt to add injury. Hopefully somebody will cheapshot his knee one day and end him.

Hey, what are the odds of running into another Bears fan on this board? Team's looking great, aren't they?

Woodchuck
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM

He's a LEADER.

You don't seem to understand that the media dicks him over. It is the exact opposite of what they do to Tebow. Please stop being a jackass and pay attention. Here is Charles Barkley commenting on Romo and Cutler... he's trying to say the exact same thing that I am. Maybe you will listen to him?

"For some reason people don't like them and until they win big, every little thing they do is going to be over-criticized," Barkley told ESPN 1000's "The Waddle & Silvy Show." "Same thing with LeBron (James). There are certain people that the media just don't like ... We've all yelled at coaches and players in the heat of the moment. Is it something personal? No, it's a very emotional game."

Here's more...

Charles Barkley has noticed a similarity between Jay Cutler and Alex Rodriguez, and it's not one either player would covet.

"I think A-Rod is actually in the Jay Cutler category, people just love to hate on him," Barkley said Monday on ESPN 1000's "The Waddle & Silvy Show." "If you look at (Rodriguez being benched in the ALCS) from the outside looking in, there were guys hitting less than A-Rod who nobody even mentioned. There are just certain guys that people ... that they just don't like him. ... And I think Jay Cutler, unfortunately, he's in that category, like 'We're not going to like him no matter what.'"

Barkley is a fan of Cutler and spent time with the quarterback and Brandon Marshall on Sunday night, and he doesn't think all of the criticism of Rodriguez was fair.

"I don't think I had ever met Jay before, but I'm a fan of those two guys," Barkley said. "And I want to see them do well, so I wanted to do something nice for them. They got great chemistry together."

Barkley said Cutler and Tony Romo are probably the two most criticized quarterbacks.

"I'm kind of standing back, looking," Barkley said. "When he pushed the guy and everybody went crazy, I'm like 'Dude, that happens every single game.'

"I think Jay has done a fantastic job. He did a good job in Denver. Think about it, Denver has been looking for a quarterback every since he left (in 2009). I don't get caught up in these guys' personalities. We've all played with guys we might not like. That to me is no big deal. We just got to win. That's all I care about. But I don't judge guys by their personalities. I think that's a little bit overrated.

"But Jay's just one of those guys people take shots at. ... Let's just win games and people are going to like you. That's the bottom line."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4679367/barkley-people-love-to-hate-cutler-a-rod

Frazod
10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
What did you think of Cutler the other night? Did he look like a real deal leader to you? What about Frazod?

It was one of his better games, although they certainly didn't score many points. He was definitely fucked up by the Suh cheapshot hit.

The problem with Cutler is when they get behind - that's when he turns into a complete douche.

I like the Bears, but Cutler is a very difficult player to root for. Reminds me of a cross between George and Grbac. The talent is there, but it's awash in douchiness.

Rasputin
10-25-2012, 08:39 AM
A teams fan base creates a banner to bench Cassell & he isn't on the hate list yet Brady Quinn is. Obvious no Chief fan voted in this poll obviously.

Rain Man
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
A teams fan base creates a banner to bench Cassell & he isn't on the hate list yet Brady Quinn is. Obvious no Chief fan voted in this poll obviously.

I'm sure it's a poll with no scientific value.

These things annoy me. They get coverage, and they don't tell people how they collected the data, and it's obviously not valid, but it gets presented like it's real.

(And that's nothing against posting it on this board. It's against Forbes for presenting it like it's legitimate.)

HemiEd
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Interesting that they run that article now. Cassel should have made the most disliked list.

HemiEd
10-25-2012, 08:44 AM

It was pretty obvious.

gblowfish
10-25-2012, 08:45 AM
They must have Quinn and Cassel mixed up. The hate for Cassel in KC alone should put him in the top five on the NFL easily.

Frazod
10-25-2012, 08:47 AM
They must have Quinn and Cassel mixed up. The hate for Cassel in KC alone should put him in the top five on the NFL easily.

Kansas City has a team?/Most NFL fans

Predarat
10-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Article fail, Quinn and Orton are on there, cAssHole is not?

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 09:06 AM
[B]You don't seem to understand that the media dicks him over. It is the exact opposite of what they do to Tebow. Please stop being a jackass and pay attention. Here is Charles Barkley commenting on Romo and Cutler... he's trying to say the exact same thing that I am. Maybe you will listen to him?

LMAO

Charles Barkley? The same guy that endorses Nutri-System but tells everyone he knows that it's a scam. Yeah, he's got integrity. And he KNOWS football too.

Let's get this straight.

Jay Cutler is a LOSER.

And you're the biggest fucking moron on this board.

gblowfish
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Jay Cutler needs to get into dog fighting....

Pasta Little Brioni
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Bunch of REAL winners on that hated list QB wise.

The Franchise
10-25-2012, 10:28 AM

The same reason Quinn is on there. There are a lot of Browns fans out there.

DaKCMan AP
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM

So that's about 10 people..

Woodchuck
10-25-2012, 11:19 AM
It was one of his better games, although they certainly didn't score many points. He was definitely ****ed up by the Suh cheapshot hit.

The problem with Cutler is when they get behind - that's when he turns into a complete douche.

I like the Bears, but Cutler is a very difficult player to root for. Reminds me of a cross between George and Grbac. The talent is there, but it's awash in douchiness.

I hear you. He's a dick for sure but he is a leader imo. Chicago looked for a QB for so long and they are a different team with Cutler. However, I do think he gets a bad rap and alot of people do too. Not just Barkley.

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I hear you. He's a dick for sure but he is a leader imo. Chicago looked for a QB for so long and they are a different team with Cutler. However, I do think he gets a bad rap and alot of people do too. Not just Barkley.

He's a dick but he's a leader.

ROFLROFL

Hammock Parties
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Cutler has a horrible offensive line and one receiver.

He's doing well in Chicago and we'd be lucky to have him in KC.

God, what I wouldn't give to have Cutler and Shanny as Chiefs...heaven.

big nasty kcnut
10-25-2012, 12:41 PM
So where Matt Cassel on this hated list.

Woodchuck
10-25-2012, 12:47 PM
He's a dick but he's a leader.

ROFLROFL

Have you ever been a leader? I was once a leader. I played goalkeeper for a divison one college soccer team. Every coach on every team and every camp I ever went to or learned from past the age of 14, wanted me to be a dick. I basically controlled the defense and the direction of the ball. I yelled at everyone constantly. Why don't you go and watch Tim Howard, the US goal keeper, for a while. Watch what happens when the defense fucks up. Do you know what it's like to have a position coach?

This is the way it is in sports man. Haven't you ever seen Peyton Manning be a dick to his o-line? How about Tom Brady? They do it all the time. They are probably even told to do it. Certain positions require certain things.

Cassel didn't have it in him to yell at someone. That is part of why he was a shitty leader.

Laugh all you want. You just don't get it imo.

Woodchuck
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Cutler has a horrible offensive line and one receiver.

He's doing well in Chicago and we'd be lucky to have him in KC.

God, what I wouldn't give to have Cutler and Shanny as Chiefs...heaven.

No shit man... We should be looking at Chicago as the model.

|Zach|
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM

I don't think Cutler is a leader in the least. I would say is the exact opposite.

He would be good to have if your ceiling is a playoff win.

whoman69
10-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Because other players love him. There isn't any reason for other teams to hate him. Only the fans hate him.

Brock
10-25-2012, 01:03 PM

LOL. He's a sulking kid on the sideline most of the time. Don't be dumb.

Gadzooks
10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Because other players love him. There isn't any reason for other teams to hate him. Only the fans hate him.

Only Chiefs fans hate him. I love him.LMAO

rico
10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I think the Tebow-lovers had a lot of influence on the "most hated" results. They weren't able to vote Tebow on the "most liked" list due to there being an abundance of Tebow-haters who balanced it out for him. However, the guys who generally made the Tebow-lovers' "most hated" list are guys that have conflicted with him in some way or another, whether it be playing time (Orton) or in the media (Quinn). Tebow lovers were all sorts of butt-hurt when Quinn made those comments in a magazine interview where he stated that Tebow did not come off as very humble to him. To fuel things even more, Tebow made some sniping comments that were obviously pertaining to Quinn. I think that is why Quinn made the list. Here are the quotes:

Quinn on Tebow: "If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"

Tebow on Quinn: "I had a teammate at Denver who played the same position as me and he went to the University of Notre Dame. He would brag about his university, how great it was. Most of us in the locker room were like, 'C'mon, we all had opportunities. We chose not to go there.' ... But he talked so much about his university that it became easy. I'd say, 'Your whole team had one guy who ran under a 5.0 40 [yard dash]. Our kicker ran under 5.0.'"

Death2CasselFans
10-25-2012, 02:23 PM

A recent Nielsen poll asked NFL fans which players they find most appealing. The results form a list of the most and least liked players in the league.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-25-2012, 03:54 PM
They hate Leinart because he bangs broads like it's goin' out of style.

Jealousy.

|Zach|
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
They hate Leinart because he bangs broads like it's goin' out of style.

Jealousy.

What?

Yea, I am real sure those other NFL players have a tough time getting laid. :rolleyes:

Halfcan
10-25-2012, 03:56 PM
No Cashole on the list-lol

JoeyChuckles
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
What does it say when you are more hated then a guy that abused animals?

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-25-2012, 04:00 PM
What?

Yea, I am real sure those other NFL players have a tough time getting laid. :rolleyes:

That and all the millions he's made for doing, well, nothing of note.

|Zach|
10-25-2012, 04:02 PM
That and all the millions he's made for doing, well, nothing of note.

I am sure those NFL players are real hard up for money.

Lemme guess. I bet they are jealous because he is on a pro sports team! herp derp

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I am sure those NFL players are real hard up for money.

Lemme guess. I bet they are jealous because he is on a pro sports team! herp derp

He ate a train piece by piece after derailing it with his penis.

He also unlocked all the trophies on God of War III on the hardest difficulty while drunk and playing with a broken thumb. Your ball, Mr. Smarty Pants.

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Have you ever been a leader? I was once a leader. I played goalkeeper for a divison one college soccer team. Every coach on every team and every camp I ever went to or learned from past the age of 14, wanted me to be a dick. I basically controlled the defense and the direction of the ball. I yelled at everyone constantly. Why don't you go and watch Tim Howard, the US goal keeper, for a while. Watch what happens when the defense ****s up. Do you know what it's like to have a position coach?

This is the way it is in sports man. Haven't you ever seen Peyton Manning be a dick to his o-line? How about Tom Brady? They do it all the time. They are probably even told to do it. Certain positions require certain things.

Cassel didn't have it in him to yell at someone. That is part of why he was a shitty leader.

Laugh all you want. You just don't get it imo.

I absolutely get it. You're a moron.

Either that, or you've never actually WATCHED what Cutler does on the sidelines.

Drawing analogies to Manning and Brady? Try Phillip Rivers.

Woodchuck
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
That's your answer? I'm a moron? LOL

You kids today... You believe everything in the media and only value talent. LOL

The media is too hard on Cutler. Truth be told, I admit, he seems to pout sometimes and I don't like that. Peyton Manning pouts more than anyone but, the media doesn't give him shit for it. You know who else pouts on the sideline? Geno Smith, that's who. However, Cutler is in command of that offense. He keeps them on their toes and he's tough as nails. He gets a bad rap from the media imo. Geno needs to start rallying the troops. I can see the Bears going far this year and a big part of it will be Cutler's leadership.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hszw2algA18?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sJxzqin81_s?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p5AMj_T_IRo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAUTO
10-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Difference between yelling at someone like a fucking man and pouting like a little bitch.

I didn't think bob knob would understand though
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
And Manning is a pouty bitch too
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
10-25-2012, 07:05 PM
where's the lists for GMs owners and coaches?

Xanathol
10-25-2012, 07:16 PM
No Rivers on the hate list?!?

htismaqe
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
You believe everything in the media and only value talent. LOL

That must be why I've said SINCE THE DAY HE WAS DRAFTED that Cutler has all the talent in the world but is, was, and ALWAYS WILL BE a loser.

Truth be told, I admit, he seems to pout sometimes and I don't like that. Peyton Manning pouts more than anyone but, the media doesn't give him shit for it. You know who else pouts on the sideline? Geno Smith, that's who. However, Cutler is in command of that offense. He keeps them on their toes and he's tough as nails.

You're just full of contradictions and double standards.

And shit.