PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Royals have been more successful at drafting quarterbacks than Chiefs

Hammock Parties
10-25-2012, 02:31 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

This is epic.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/24/turns-out-royals-have-been-more-successful-at-drafting-quarterbacks-than/

Kansas City has selected just one quarterback in the first 100 picks since 1992, when Matt Blundin — Remember him? Didn't think so — was the Chiefs' second-round choice.

They haven't picked one in the first round since Todd Blackledge in 1983.
The failure of the Chiefs to pick a high-profile quarterback early in the draft resulted in years or fan animosity directed at former general manager Carl Peterson, and even more at current GM Scott Pioli, who acknowledged that upgrading the position is a priority.

"There's a lot of issues," Pioli said, "and that position is one of them."

Pioli doesn't have to look far for a blueprint in drafting a quality quarterback, or one early in the draft: The Kansas City Royals have been pretty good at it.

The Chiefs' parking lot neighbors chose outfielder Bubba Starling with their first-round pick last summer, and doled out enough money to persuade the highly recruited prep quarterback to eschew a scholarship offer from Nebraska to patrol a minor-league outfield for them.

Then there was the Royals' memorable 1979 draft.

With their fourth-round pick, they chose a hard-throwing right-hander out of Pittsburgh's Central Catholic High School. Dan Marino nearly signed with Kansas City before taking a scholarship offer from Pittsburgh, and would go on to have a Hall of Fame career with the Dolphins.

When the Royals' pick rolled round in the 18th round, they took an outfielder from Granada Hills High School in Northridge, Calif., who had a decent bat and big upside. John Elway wound up going to Stanford, though, and then had a Hall of Fame career with the Broncos.

Incidentally, the Chiefs drafted Clemson quarterback Steve Fuller in the first round the same year. He was 19-23 as a starter over parts of seven seasons in Kansas City and Chicago.

ChiefsCountry
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Royals also drafted Deion Sanders, and of course we all know about Bo Jackson.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2012, 02:35 PM
The Royals also have a higher winning percentage than the Chiefs since 2000. Who's KC's worst team again?

Titty Meat
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
The Royals also have a higher winning percentage than the Chiefs since 2000. Who's KC's worst team again?

The team who hasn't made the playoffs in 27 years.

Chiefspants
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM

Actually, I'd say it's the team who hasn't won a championship in 43.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM

Yeah that's it. Really picking the shittiest is a worthless endeavor in failitude. Both have sucked. The numbers are what they are though.

Titty Meat
10-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah that's it. Really picking the shittiest is a worthless endeavor in failitude. Both have sucked. The numbers are what they are though.

Keep in mind i've gone my whole life without ever seeing the Royals in the playoffs and what 4 winning seasons? It's all about prospective my friend but yes both teams are dumpster fires.

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Jesus this city is depressing.

1ChiefsDan
10-25-2012, 02:54 PM
I was in high school when the Roylas won the WS (went ot all the home games). I was 2 when the Chiefs won the SB. Don't follow baseball much at all, but still a glutton for punishment for the product KC considers an NFL team.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Keep in mind i've gone my whole life without ever seeing the Royals in the playoffs and what 4 winning seasons? It's all about prospective my friend but yes both teams are dumpster fires.

True, perspective means a lot. I'm so old I've seen the Royals in the playoffs 7 times, in 2 World Series' and win one championship. It's been a long time.

HemiEd
10-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Jesus this city is depressing.

Do you like soccer? :D Maybe you could carpool with mememe?

HemiEd
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
True, perspective means a lot. I'm so old I've seen the Royals in the playoffs 7 times, in 2 World Series' and win one championship. It's been a long time.

:evil: I watched the Kansas City As play the Washington Senators.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Sweet...

Mericful...

Jesus.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
:evil: I watched the Kansas City As play the Washington Senators.

You win.

Or maybe it's lose? Heh.

BlackHelicopters
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Was six years old when the defense and Lenny won. Only remember my dad talking about as we lived in KC then. People roll their eyes now when I speak of the Royals and even the Chefs. sad

JoeyChuckles
10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Why is Fox News covering the Chiefs?