PDA

View Full Version : Football Jared Allen Is Still Bad Ass

gblowfish
10-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Did you watch last night's Bucs-Vikes game?
Allen gets into it with Tampa Bay tackle, gets his head gear ripped off and his nose bloodied.

Next play he blows past the guy and sacks the QB. That's a football player.

Classic motor on this guy.

I understand we got Charles and Albert in the trade for him, but Day-um, what a bad ass.

Watch it here:

http://tinyurl.com/8lm5ocp

Hammock Parties
10-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm comfortable with the trade now, especially since we have Houston, but Whitlock was right.

Allen could have owned KC.

Bugeater
10-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, he was always great for one or two games a year.

Rain Man
10-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I miss that guy. What a shame that we kept Carl instead of him.

We got incredibly lucky in the trade that we actually broke even on it, and Charles and Albert are great Chiefs, but Allen was just fun to watch.

Hammock Parties
Yeah, he was always great for one or two games a year.

He had 24 goddamn sacks last year.

Halfcan
J A was my favorite player- worst move we have done in the last two decades for sure. He will prob go in the HOF as a Vike now too. Cheap Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
worst move we have done in the last two decades for sure.

ROFL. not even close.

Halfcan

:clap: Exactly!

Mr. Laz
as if we didn't have enough to bitch about

Strongside
10-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I think we can all look back at this trade...though we got some good players out of it....and point to it as the moment the ship started slooooowly sinking around here.

Fish
10-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I miss Allen getting all those sacks at completely unimportant times that had no result in the outcome of the game...

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I miss Allen getting all those sacks at completely unimportant times that had no result in the outcome of the game...

At the time, he was the only one on the defense that didn't suck. It wasn't his fault.

keg in kc
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I miss Allen getting all those sacks at completely unimportant times that had no result in the outcome of the game...Was just to say about the same thing.

He's awesome at making plays at times that don't count in meaningless games.

Al Bundy
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
He got his ass whipped all game long..

Chiefnj2
10-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Exactly. KC has 6 or 7 guys that can put up 20+ sacks a season at meaningless times in the game. We just choose not to.

TEX
10-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I think we can all look back at this trade...though we got some good players out of it....and point to it as the moment the ship started slooooowly sinking around here.

Fair enough. It was no doubt the last time the Chiefs had anything resembling a DE.

GloryDayz
10-26-2012, 12:27 PM
He left, that's all that matters. And he lost. As for that sack, it was north of 50% the other guy getting there. But sure was mad as hell.. That was fun to watch.

Bump
10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
it looked like Jared Allen alone was shifting the momentum in last nights game, but then the offense stepped on the field....

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Instead, we have 2 defensive ends that we pay more $$ than Allen makes and they got us One sack last year, vs his 20+ in "meaningless time".

Chiefspants
10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
We got Charles from this trade, folks.

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2012, 12:35 PM

Really?

Holy shit, apparently Allen isn't a bad ass afterall.

Bump
10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Instead, we have 2 defensive ends that we pay more $$ than Allen makes and they got us One sack last year, vs his 20+ in "meaningless time".

oh but it's not the job of our franchise d-line to get stats, blah blah blah. It's okay if they never ever make any plays, they're just supposed to stand there so that the linebackers can make plays.

/cp

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
oh but it's not the job of our franchise d-line to get stats, blah blah blah. It's okay if they never ever make any plays, they're just supposed to stand there so that the linebackers can make plays.

/cp

Or maybe the DE's are holding out for "Meaningful time" so their sacks actually count.

-King-
10-26-2012, 12:55 PM

:spock: no he didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
10-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Really?

Charles AND Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants
10-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Really?

Did I dispute that? I suppose I just find it a tad ridiculous when everyone's lamenting his loss as if it was the "worst move in franchise history." Seeing that the trade led to arguably the most dynamic player who has ever played with this franchise, I'd say we landed on our feet.

Strongside
10-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!

boogblaster
10-26-2012, 01:00 PM
ib still like him ... he had heart .. sumpin the two blunderin boobs we have at DE will never have .....

Ming the Merciless
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM

:clap:

BeMyValentine
10-26-2012, 01:08 PM
All I remember is how he wouldnt ever contain the quarterback on a bootleg that would go for 50 yards.

Plus he was immature and was not willing to grow up. A change of scenary was best for him.

FAX
10-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Did you watch last night's Bucs-Vikes game?
Allen gets into it with Tampa Bay tackle, gets his head gear ripped off and his nose bloodied.

Next play he blows past the guy and sacks the QB. That's a football player.

Classic motor on this guy.

I understand we got Charles and Albert in the trade for him, but Day-um, what a bad ass.

Watch it here:

http://tinyurl.com/8lm5ocp

Pretty studly, I'd say.

Only a bull-rider can do something like that.

FAX

FAX
10-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Exactly. KC has 6 or 7 guys that can put up 20+ sacks a season at meaningless times in the game. We just choose not to.

ROFL

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 01:14 PM

ROFL

FAX
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM

Nope.

That started when we lost our kidney. That was the moment that marked the beginning of the beginning of the end.

FAX

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
ROFL. not even close.

It's not the worst, but it's not that far off either. The only reason Carl made that trade was to tell JA "fuck you".

Rain Man
10-26-2012, 01:17 PM
All I remember is how he wouldnt ever contain the quarterback on a bootleg that would go for 50 yards.

Plus he was immature and was not willing to grow up. A change of scenary was best for him.

Are you thinking about Eric Hicks? Getting beat on the bootleg was Hicks' signature move, but I don't remember Jared Allen having that problem at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 01:17 PM
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)Click here for the list of the Chiefs biggest Cowards and Traitors. This list is A.K.A. the shun list. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

The 66 Of Power.

FAX
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Charles AND Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course, the fact that it doesn't really work that way at all shouldn't really affect the irrelevancy of the pointlessness of that immaterial aspect of the subject.

FAX

Deberg_1990
10-26-2012, 01:20 PM
It's not the worst, but it's not that far off either. The only reason Carl made that trade was to tell JA "**** you".

Its been talked about ad nausem around here, but basically the Chiefs were not willing to risk signing him to more money when he already had like 4 DUI's.

Ive mentioned this before that if JA were a color other than white, he would have been crucified by the fanbase.

Dude was an immature jughead when he was in KC.

Bump
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Or maybe the DE's are holding out for "Meaningful time" so their sacks actually count.

not even talking about sacks. When have we ever seen Dorsey or TJax blow up a play? beat the oline to tackle the rb behind the line? it rarely ever happens. When you build a team around your d-line with high draft picks and you get nothing to show for it, that sets you way back for years.

Do you notice any difference when their back ups are in? I don't.

FAX
10-26-2012, 01:28 PM
not even talking about sacks. When have we ever seen Dorsey or TJax blow up a play? beat the oline to tackle the rb behind the line? it rarely ever happens. When you build a team around your d-line with high draft picks and you get nothing to show for it, that sets you way back for years.

Wait a minute ...!! I know this one ..!!!

FAX

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Yes. I see two guys with smaller billfolds in their back pockets.

lcarus
10-26-2012, 01:42 PM

That's a hell of a one or two games!

R8RFAN
10-26-2012, 01:47 PM
I am glad he is not a Chief anymore

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I am glad he is not a Chief anymore

Me too. He might actually put some fire in the team and cause a win against Oakland this Sunday.

TEX
10-26-2012, 01:50 PM

I thought it was 22, regardless its STILL a BADASS AMOUNT....:eek:

Garcia Bronco
10-26-2012, 01:53 PM
it looked like Jared Allen alone was shifting the momentum in last nights game, but then the offense stepped on the field....

this...he had that whole crowd fired-up and the Bucs had to take a TO and he still got the sack. It was truly badass.

TEX
10-26-2012, 02:00 PM
this...he had that whole crowd fired-up and the Bucs had to take a TO and he still got the sack. It was truly badass.

Yep. With a bloody nose and all! It fired me up watching it! :clap:

CoMoChief
10-26-2012, 02:04 PM

Dumbass.....yeah our defense was LOADED that year!!!

Tank n Turk - best DL in the NFL LMAO

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM

That was Eric Hicks.

Allen was generally pretty responsible in run-support. Moreover, RH quarterbacks wouldn't have bootlegged to his side of the field (would've forced them to throw across their body).

Methinks you're remembering incorrectly.

EDIT: What Rain Man said.

Valiant
10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Was just to say about the same thing.

All plays count, without those stops, the team could of gotten a 1st down.

Now if you are meaning games we already lost? Well that is not all his fault. We had/have some shit dlineman.

Double or triple team ja, and just watch the others get their shit pushed in, or send them covering wrs or tes.

Ja was not the problrm, other then his drinking.

mikey23545
10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Yep, never piss off a mean drunk...

vailpass
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Of course, the fact that it doesn't really work that way at all shouldn't really affect the irrelevancy of the pointlessness of that immaterial aspect of the subject.

FAX

LMAO

unothadeal
10-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Pretty much. That fight brought the crowd back to life. If only the offense could have delivered...

gblowfish
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
If the question was, would I rather have Charles and Albert instead of Allen? Well, Charles has been All-Pro, as has Allen, so that's a wash. I guess if we'd have had better luck with Dorsey or Jackson providing some pass rush, I'd feel better about it. Seems like the real downside of this trade is we've burned two very high draft choices trying to replace what we used to get from Allen, and whiffed on both picks. That's what hurts the most.

mcaj22
10-26-2012, 03:42 PM
after Pioli lets Albert walk in the offseason so he can replace him with his own guy Stephenson we can all look back at this as just Allen for Charles.

Opinions might change then.

Thanks Pioli you fat fuck

Halfcan
10-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Hali Houston Allen

stuff of dreams

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
He got his ass whipped all game long..

I agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes. I see two guys with smaller billfolds in their back pockets.

Not sure if serious
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Hali Houston Allen

stuff of dreams

Lots of stupid in this thread.

Do you think Allen would be a good 3-4. End?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:51 PM
If the question was, would I rather have Charles and Albert instead of Allen? Well, Charles has been All-Pro, as has Allen, so that's a wash. I guess if we'd have had better luck with Dorsey or Jackson providing some pass rush, I'd feel better about it. Seems like the real downside of this trade is we've burned two very high draft choices trying to replace what we used to get from Allen, and whiffed on both picks. That's what hurts the most.
JFC

Dorsey and Jackson were NOT drafted to replace Allen.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:55 PM
after Pioli lets Albert walk in the offseason so he can replace him with his own guy Stephenson we can all look back at this as just Allen for Charles.

Opinions might change then.

Thanks Pioli you fat fuck
No matter what it would still be the trade that happened. If a player leaves he still was acquired with the picks from the trade...
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Lots of stupid in this thread.

Do you think Allen would be a good 3-4. End?
Posted via Mobile Device

Allen would be a goddamn monster of a 3-4 DE. He has the strength, length and motor to destroy the world there.

He'd 'take up blockers' by being a nightmare matchup for LTs, forcing the LG to help, unlike Dorsey who takes up blockers by running into them and hoping they bother to double team him.

Look, I understand the reasons for the move and am happy with the return. But don't try to trump up that trade by arguing that Allen wouldn't be a monster here. He'd be to this defense what Richard Seymour was for the Pats.

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 04:58 PM
That was Eric Hicks.

Allen was generally pretty responsible in run-support. Moreover, RH quarterbacks wouldn't have bootlegged to his side of the field (would've forced them to throw across their body).

Methinks you're remembering incorrectly.

EDIT: What Rain Man said.
I think you might not be remembering it correctly yourself.

Allen was never very good in run support.

And my responses in this thread aren't about a hatred for Allen. I was and am still a fan. People just need to be realistic.

He was a pretty one dimensional player for us and could be shut down quite often when the game was on the line. How many sacks did he get in the 4 th quarter of a close game?
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Allen would be a goddamn monster of a 3-4 DE. He has the strength, length and motor to destroy the world there.

He'd 'take up blockers' by being a nightmare matchup for LTs, forcing the LG to help, unlike Dorsey who takes up blockers by running into them and hoping they bother to double team him.

Look, I understand the reasons for the move and am happy with the return. But don't try to trump up that trade by arguing that Allen wouldn't be a monster here. He'd be to this defense what Richard Seymour was for the Pats.Allen's 270 on a good day. He'd be an OLB here. He's not a 320-pounder like Seymour.

Easy 6
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Still cant believe they lost that game at home.

I went 15-1 last week, nearly bulletproof... and yet they have the nerve to crap on my parade this week like that.

SAUTO
10-26-2012, 05:02 PM

Look, I understand the reasons for the move and am happy with the return. But don't try to trump up that trade by arguing that Allen wouldn't be a monster here. He'd be to this defense what Richard Seymour was for the Pats. sorry but I disagree.

he disappears quite often in games and IMO isn't physical enough to handle a double from a tackle and guard consistently enough to be very good in run support.

He would definitely be a pass rush upgrade though.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
I too miss Allen getting all of his sacks when it didn't really matter.

When sacks come are probably more important than how many. Allen has always been the master at racking up sacks when shit didn't matter. I mostly remember him getting his ass totally handed to him in the NFCCG by a rookie. Dominated him in the pass and run game. Biggest game of his career and he was a total non-factor. He's always been the epitome of an anti-clutch player. Never liked him, he's overrated as hell.

And he didn't have 24 sacks last year you fucking idiot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I too miss Allen getting all of his sacks when it didn't really matter.

When sacks come are probably more important than how many. Allen has always been the master at racking up sacks when shit didn't matter. I mostly remember him getting his ass totally handed to him in the NFCCG by a rookie. Dominated him in the pass and run game. Biggest game of his career and he was a total non-factor. He's always been the epitome of an anti-clutch player. Never liked him, he's overrated as hell.

And he didn't have 24 sacks last year you fucking idiot.

But...but...he has MOXIE! He could put dumbasses back in the seats all the way to continued suckville!!!!!

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Allen's 270 on a good day. He'd be an OLB here. He's not a 320-pounder like Seymour.

Allen's has the build to add weight fairly easily if he wanted to.

He could get himself to 290 fairly easily, IMO.

No, he couldn't slide into the nose like Seymour could do on occasion, but as the down to down 5-tech, he'd have been a monster.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, fuck Jared Allen in the ass already...

keg in kc
10-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Allen's has the build to add weight fairly easily if he wanted to.

He could get himself to 290 fairly easily, IMO.

No, he couldn't slide into the nose like Seymour could do on occasion, but as the down to down 5-tech, he'd have been a monster.That might work - might - if we ran a one-gap scheme. We don't. He'd be eaten alive at 290 playing two-gap.

ClevelandBronco
10-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Was just to say about the same thing.

Yeah, but that's every game for the past 20 years, dude.

Simplicity
10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah... He ****ing blows... I'm glad we have JC instead of him. /thread

GloryDayz
10-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, **** Jared Allen in the ass already...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

kcxiv
10-26-2012, 08:54 PM

and its all being fucking wasted with a shitty ass team.