PDA

View Full Version : Life Bored and wired

lcarus
10-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Right when I was falling asleep a couple hours ago my brother's wife went into labor. So naturally I woke up as they were heading to the hospital and now I can't sleep. I'm just waiting for the call to head up there myself when my nephew is born. So who is still up? Dr. Fever? Anyone?

Ming the Merciless
10-28-2012, 02:28 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100808194929/creepypasta/images/archive/d/dc/20110611195218!Go_to_Sleep.png

lcarus
10-28-2012, 02:32 AM
That's...truly terrifying lol

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-28-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm always up unless it's the middle of the day. That's when I sleep.

Congrats Uncle lcarus.

Ming the Merciless
10-28-2012, 02:42 AM
Oh yah congrats man!

Its awesome being an uncle, if its your 1st nephew

Mugalug
10-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Grats dude!. Nephews are the best. You can hang out with em but take em home when you they start bratting up. I hope all is well. Cheers.:toast:

bevischief
10-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Congrats!

lcarus
10-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Well today was a nightmare from the darkest regions of hell. The baby was born at 10 am and it wasn't breathing. So they had to get it breathing and took him away. Then we figured all would be ok, but they said he wasn't getting enough oxygen into his blood. Then they discovered a heart problem. Something about a valve not opening or some kind of disconnection. So they brought in a surgeon from somewhere that is supposedly the best and he said he would have to do open heart surgery to repair it or he would die. SO we waited and waited and waited, and then the doctor came back and said the baby was having serious metabolic problems. His glucose, lactic acids, and potassium were sky high and they'd never seen anything like it, and also didn't know what to do.

So after repeating himself about 10 times, he finally got to the point I KNEW he was about to make. The open heart surgery would repair the heart, but it would be in vain because the other problems weren't fixable. So my brother had to decide whether or not to have the surgery and hope for a miracle, or let the baby die and at least get to hold him for a while. They said it would have been a miracle if he even survived a surgery like that, only weighing 5 pounds and having all those issues with the metabolite levels (or whatever...I'm not exactly sure what the problem was exactly).

So my brother said do the surgery and lets at least try. Well then the doctor came back shortly after and said his brain had been damaged due to lack of oxygen in the blood. So then my brother decided to just let him die a peaceful death and they had to take him off the life support and hold him and watch him die.

I'm just dead inside. I just got home.

Bugeater
10-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Well that's fucking depressing as all hell.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah and the first thing I see when I get home is a Matt Cassel press conference. Man I can't deal with his shit tonight. Fuck Matt Cassel.

kepp
10-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Oh man, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. My prayers for your family.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Oh man, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. My prayers for your family.

Thanks. I kept it together pretty well last night. Today seems a ton harder for some reason.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Jesus man that's terrible. Sorry to hear.

durtyrute
10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Damn man, that is the worse shit I've ever heard. I am so sorry.

L.A. Chieffan
10-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Fuck dude. That really sucks. Bitching about Chiefs seems pretty trivial

GESteve
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear. Prayers to your family

Old Dog
10-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Prayers to you, your brother, his Mrs, and your entire family

RIP Little Man

bevischief
10-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Prayers headed your way.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Fuck dude. That really sucks. Bitching about Chiefs seems pretty trivial

Yes definitely. My brother's wife's father is a dirty Raiders fan, so of course he had to get his jab in. This was all before the worst news of course.

loochy
10-29-2012, 11:18 AM
You should make a trophy for the baby

lcarus
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
You should make a trophy for the baby

Actually I'm possibly going to engrave his headstone up here. A bad part of this is that services are pricy and we don't have much money, so if I can at least take care of the headstone...that's something.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
My brother is letting the doctors use the baby for research because it had something they couldn't explain and had not seen before. His levels of lactic acid, potassium, and glucose kept skyrocketing and they couldn't do anything to save him. The main doctor was an old Japanese guy who is supposedly one of the top infant surgeons in the world. I guess Tulsa has a really great children's hospital. All the doctors and nurses were crying and were just great at their jobs and very caring towards the family. I felt bad for them as well. It must be a difficult job to tell a mother that after she gave birth. They deserve a lot of credit.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
My brother is letting the doctors use the baby for research because it had something they couldn't explain and had not seen before. His levels of lactic acid, potassium, and glucose kept skyrocketing and they couldn't do anything to save him. The main doctor was an old Japanese guy who is supposedly one of the top infant surgeons in the world. I guess Tulsa has a really great children's hospital. All the doctors and nurses were crying and were just great at their jobs and very caring towards the family. I felt bad for them as well. It must be a difficult job to tell a mother that after she gave birth. They deserve a lot of credit.

That desicion to use the body for research has to be a tough one. I salute them for it. Can't imagine being in that position.

Old Dog
10-29-2012, 02:10 PM
That desicion to use the body for research has to be a tough one. I salute them for it. Can't imagine being in that position.

I couldn't agree more

loochy
10-29-2012, 02:14 PM

It's an awesome thing though. They definitely did the right thing.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-29-2012, 02:26 PM
It's an awesome thing though. They definitely did the right thing.

Especially considering the rarity of the babys condition. A chance to learn from it could actually directly help someone else. A very selfless act in a time of great grief. Impressive people imo.

Mugalug
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Dammit dude. Hang tough.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Especially considering the rarity of the babys condition. A chance to learn from it could actually directly help someone else. A very selfless act in a time of great grief. Impressive people imo.

Yeah they're gonna let a group of genecitists (spelling?) research it. It was a combination of high glucose, potassium, and lactic acid levels. They couldnt do a damn thing to keep them down. The doctor was a 75 year old japanese man, and I respect the hell out of those docs and nurses. It takes major balls to walk into a room with 12 family members and a mother and father who just had a child and tell them there is nothing left to do. I couldnt do it.

Lumpy
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Damn. :( I'm so sorry for your loss, lcarus.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

lcarus
10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Damn. :( I'm so sorry for your loss, lcarus.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Thanks. I think its getting better for us now that we are home and everyone has left. Its hard when the whole family is at the hospital crying an stuff.

Lumpy
10-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks. I think its getting better for us now that we are home and everyone has left. Its hard when the whole family is at the hospital crying an stuff.

I'm sure that was tough w/ all of the family being there. It sounds like the doctors/nurses did the best that they could though and that's all that can be asked of them.

I will keep you and everyone in my thoughts. Hang in there, friend!