PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mellinger: The Chiefs Have Hit Rock Bottom

FloridaMan88
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/28/3889808/chiefs-have-hit-rock-bottom.html

Chiefs have hit rock bottom

By Sam Mellinger

The Kansas City Star

The picture of the Chiefs’ now historical level of “professional” football incompetence is their overmatched head coach, asked a simple question about why his star running back only got five carries in another blowout loss, saying “I’m not exactly sure.”

The Chiefs are beyond disappointment, beyond even the kind of stink that makes your eyes water, and are now neck-deep in the all-time pool of pathetic with Matt Millen’s Lions, Turner Gill’s Jayhawks and Buddy Bell’s Royals.

Keep in mind, the Raiders stink, too. They won only two games this season before beating the Chiefs 26-16, a sort-of-close final score that makes it seem like the Chiefs had a chance.

Here’s coach Romeo Crennel’s explanation:

“Well, generally, if the other team is able to score, that puts you down,” he says. “… You can say this is similar to what we’ve been talking about all along. We get penalties at inopportune times, we turn the ball over, then we allow teams to score.”

These are your Chiefs, Kansas City. And with the next two games shown nationally in prime time, the rest of the country will see why you’ve been booing so much, and why it’s past time for the coach and general manager to be fired.

At some point, the team may just be bad enough for owner Clark Hunt to break his silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago, Crennel put up a sign in the locker room that will ensure he never gets another head-coaching job. On it, he urged the team to “ELIMINATE BAD FOOTBALL.”

Just a humble suggestion here, but maybe the new sign should say: “OK, LET’S JUST ELIMINATE HISTORICALLY INEPT FOOTBALL AND THEN WE’LL WORRY ABOUT MERELY BAD FOOTBALL.”

You might’ve heard this stat by now, but it’s so amazing it should be repeated a million times and shouted from the rooftops and included in every story once Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli are canned for leading this mess: The Chiefs are the first team to go seven weeks without a lead in regulation since 1940.

Nineteen-forty.

Do you know what the NFL was in 1940? The Brooklyn Dodgers finished second in the NFL’s Eastern Division. The Pittsburgh Pirates renamed themselves the Steelers. Players had day jobs. Lamar Hunt turned 8 years old.

The men in charge of today’s NFL have taken great strides to make sure a team is never so unable to compete with other professional teams that it trails six of seven games by at least 17 points. That’s a staple of the NFL’s success, actually. The league is built on parity.

The Chiefs have become parody.

Think about this: The Royals haven’t played in 25 days, finished their season like dogs, and still have two wins since the Chiefs’ last victory.

The Chiefs have been a fireable offense for Crennel and Pioli, but now the team is bad enough that the men in charge might think about apologizing when they’re fired.

This is an all-time level of pathetic, bad enough that fans are paying to fly banners mocking the team over the stadium, and incompetent enough that fans are already wearing paper bags and plan on coming to the next game dressed in mourning. At least one fan wrote to the team demanding his tickets be refunded — and they were.

This is the team Pioli has spent four offseasons and four drafts building.

Much has been said — both on the record and off — about how bad the Chiefs were when Pioli was hired, and only some of it is exaggerated. They won two games the year before, and the coach Pioli hired famously told the players he inherited that he could win two games with 22 guys off the street. Well, the Chiefs still haven’t won two games this season with the presumed “Right 53” guys that Pioli has spent four years accumulating.

He has talked so much about changing the Chiefs’ losing culture, but really, he’s just updated it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunt hasn’t said a word publicly about any of this, which is being taken by some fans as a sign of detachment. That perception is understandable, but also wrong.

Hunt is listening to angry fans, responding to some personally, inviting a few to lunch … and at least one for a two-hour meeting in his office. He talked publicly during last year’s bye week. His silence now may be frustrating, but indications are that it’s purposeful.

A source distanced the team from a report of an extension for Pioli, remember, and if Hunt says anything publicly now, he’s going to be asked about his faith in Pioli. At the very least, that appears to be a question he’s not willing to answer at the moment.

Hunt hired and has supported Pioli. Nearly everybody thought it was the best hire the Chiefs could make at the time. Hunt wants to believe in Pioli. Hunt wants to build a franchise like the Steelers, the NFL’s model of consistency, and firing a GM after four seasons is a rotten way to do it.

But this team is pathetic enough he may not have a choice.

Simply Red
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah - i just watched and lol'd inside, all day.

10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
BLOW IT UP CLARK

Ceej
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Nuke majority of it from orbit!

WV
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Stone them with the bottom rocks!

FloridaMan88
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
A suggestion for the next banner to fly over Arrowhead... "ELIMINATE BAD FOOTBALL, FIRE PIOLI"

Bugeater
10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't see how Clark can keep him around. What's going on now is completely indefensible.

BigChiefFan
10-28-2012, 09:42 PM
It's increasingly evident that Clark Hunt needs to fire them all.

KCrockaholic
10-28-2012, 09:44 PM
A suggestion for the next banner to fly over Arrowhead... "ELIMINATE BAD FOOTBALL, FIRE PIOLI"

That's pretty good actually.

Bugeater
10-28-2012, 09:45 PM
That's pretty good actually.
Agreed, throw their own stupid empty mottos right back in their fucking faces.

KCrockaholic
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
If we have a vote for the next banner I want that one.

Ace Gunner
10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
the next banner should read: this franchise needs to die in a aids tree fire

CoMoChief
10-28-2012, 09:47 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8-icMGmf32o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefMojo
10-28-2012, 09:51 PM
I like that as a banner as well.

Bearcat
10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Think about this: The Royals haven’t played in 25 days, finished their season like dogs, and still have two wins since the Chiefs’ last victory.

They won two games the year before, and the coach Pioli hired famously told the players he inherited that he could win two games with 22 guys off the street. Well, the Chiefs still haven’t won two games this season with the presumed “Right 53” guys that Pioli has spent four years accumulating.

Good stuff.

DaWolf
10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Geno better be worth the pain we're going through this season...

DJJasonp
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I honestly thought there was no level lower in the "dumb scale" than Herm....

But Romeo took the dumb baton from Herm.......and is in full-stride towards wearing a helmet and taking a short bus to work.

Chiefspants
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM

The bowl against the Panthers may be the deciding game in the race for geno.

tk13
10-28-2012, 10:00 PM
There's a good poll. At this point, who is going to win their next game first... the Royals or Chiefs.

10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I honestly thought there was no level lower in the "dumb scale" than Herm....

But Romeo took the dumb baton from Herm.......and is in full-stride towards wearing a helmet and taking a short bus to work.

shit, retarded would be a fucking compliment.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
It's the end of Pioli's world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2012, 10:11 PM

I'm not even too sure Geno is the man. I'm not saying don't pick him if he's the best in this class and we have the top pick, I'm saying why couldn't we have been this shitty last year with Luck and RG3 coming out. And I don't care what anyone says, the Colts tanked it last year like a mother fucker. They're smart.

RunKC
10-28-2012, 10:12 PM
It's the end of Pioli's world as we know it.

And I feel fine.

I sure hope so. Next winnable game we have is against Cleveland like 5 games from now. 1-11 express baby!

ClevelandBronco
10-28-2012, 10:16 PM
...The picture of the Chiefs’ now historical level of “professional” football incompetence is their overmatched head coach, asked a simple question about why his star running back only got five carries in another blowout loss, saying “I’m not exactly sure.”

That may be the greatest coaching quote I've ever heard.

Coach Spicoli: "I don't know."

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/Mr-Hand-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-31500550-500-253.png

TEX
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
But I thought we hit rock bottom before Pioli got here???

CoMoChief
10-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Worst Chiefs team I've ever seen given the talent on this roster...

KCrockaholic
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah this is the most pathetic Chiefs team I've ever witnessed. Worse than the 2008 team. Worse than 2007. Those teams at least made things interesting. Especially with Thigpen. But this team is a fucking disgusting pile of shit.

Bugeater
10-28-2012, 10:35 PM

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/Mr-Hand-fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-31500550-500-253.png
LMAO

Romeo: Will I be here next year Mr Pioli?

Scott: I don't know.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah this is the most pathetic Chiefs team I've ever witnessed. Worse than the 2008 team. Worse than 2007. Those teams at least made things interesting. Especially with Thigpen. But this team is a ****ing disgusting pile of shit.

We knew for sure in 2008 we were going to suck. It was full on youth rebuild.

KcMizzou
10-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, if you're gonna suck... suck hard.

Megbert
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
I went to a bar today to watch the game. Usually I'm at home watching ST. Anyway the bar I went to was a 'Chiefs' bar and had quite a few fans there. I think all of them want the Chiefs to still win this season like there's some chance of a turnaround. After Brady's 2nd or third scramble I said something along the lines of "that's our leading rusher'. Guy next to me said "i don't care as long as we win' or some thing along those lines. I think I'll go back on Nov 18th wearing the the blackout arrowhead shirt.

Strongside
10-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I went to a bar today to watch the game. Usually I'm at home watching ST. Anyway the bar I went to was a 'Chiefs' bar and had quite a few fans there. I think all of them want the Chiefs to still win this season like there's some chance of a turnaround. After Brady's 2nd or third scramble I said something along the lines of "that's our leading rusher'. Guy next to me said "i don't care as long as we win' or some thing along those lines. I think I'll go back on Nov 18th wearing the the blackout arrowhead shirt.

Did Scott Pioli show up and give everyone $100 Chiefs gift cards?

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2012, 10:45 PM

Wow.

Can't wait.

bowener
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM

Winner

BigMeatballDave
10-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I would have fired Pioli, Crennel, and Daboll after the game.

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-28-2012, 10:59 PM
How can you say this is rock bottom when they'll probably lose Thursday?

Saccopoo
10-28-2012, 11:29 PM

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/two-thumbs-up.jpg

Geno is the guy.

He's not going to fail. He's got all the tools. This franchise needs Geno.

And he's the best option that we've got. Free agent or draft. And if, for some inexplicable reason, he doesn't work out, you draft another QB. And another. And another. Until someone does. But Geno is the man.

Geno! Geno! Geno!

NJChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Rock bottom will be after two straight blow outs on national TV. If, at the very least, Romeo isn't fired after those two games I will be blown away. I am all too familiar with how this organization is run but I would be shocked if at the very least Romeo wasn't fired after the PIT game.

Saccopoo
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM

Dude...

You bought into the lies.

This team is devoid of talent.

Pioli's drafts have been total shit.

His best drafted player, in terms of actual, on-the-field production has been a seventh round kicker. His free agent acquisitions have been atrocious. (I do like Hillis, Boss and Winston, but Cassel broke both Boss and Hillis and it's horrible blocking for Cassel. The announcers stated as much quoting Winston about Cassel's huge drop backs.)

Special teams suck other than Brown. Our return game is horrible.

Our featured offensive player is a 5'6", 175 lb. slot guy.

Our best defensive player is (on a team starting six first round draft picks on that side of the ball) Flowers, who is a Herm/Peterson second round pick holdover.

What talent?

Yes, coaching brings talent out and maximizes it, but you watch these guys...it's hard to pick out any standouts right now. Perhaps they've just resigned themselves to their current fate, but I'll give you some examples:

Jared Allen last year with the Vikings.
TJ Ward with the Browns this season.
London Fletcher for his career.

Certain guys will continue to bust ass.

I'm not seeing much of that right now from anyone other than...yeah, it pains me to say it, but Cassel. At least he's trying. But he's got minimal starter talent for this level. Great guy for a backup/#2 QB, and he's trying out there, but he's not a starter in this league.

Hammock Parties
10-28-2012, 11:56 PM
It's painfully obvious that the only REAL talent on this team is:

Herm's guys.
Justin Houston.
The OL Pioli brought in.

Everyone else is mediocre at best.

It's a decent roster, somewhere around league average thanks to Herm, but QB and HC issues totally undermine it.

NJChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 11:58 PM
It's painfully obvious that the only REAL talent on this team is:

Herm's guys.
Justin Houston.
The OL Pioli brought in.

Everyone else is mediocre at best.

It's a decent roster, but QB and HC issues totally undermine it.

I add Berry to that. At least a fully good-to-go Berry over "mediocre". Still though, the point is made. The good news is that in this league a great QB cures some of that. A good coach helps as well. If we found both, or at least a QBOTF, I think we start moving up the ranks quicker than a normal bottom 3 team.

Psyko Tek
10-29-2012, 12:04 AM

I like NUKE THEM FROM SPACE

or FLAMING AIDS TREE

Dave Lane
10-29-2012, 12:46 AM

You warned us about Romeo.

the Talking Can
10-29-2012, 04:50 AM
CLARK HAD LUNCH WITH A FAN

ALL IS WELL

DeezNutz
10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
First rule of sports journalism in KC: Don't ever say it can't get worse.

Mellinger has set himself up to look foolish, and this could come as soon as Thursday.

"Wait, Now This is Rock Bottom"

notorious
10-29-2012, 05:36 AM
I would have fired Pioli, Crennel, and Daboll after the game.

This.

On the sideline as soon as the clock hit 00:00.

spanky 52
10-29-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm afraid we're stuck with these turds until the end of the season. Nothing will change if Pioli isn't canned. No one with any ability is going to want to coach this team while he's here.

BlackHelicopters
10-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Nuke majority of it from orbit!

Only way to be sure.

mr. tegu
10-29-2012, 05:49 AM
Maybe Clark is holding out firing Pioli and Crennel until after the season to ensure we don't have some miraculous turnaround and win our way out of the QB race.

BlackHelicopters
10-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Rock bottom. Don't you have to admit you have a problem before rock bottom is official. Two losses on national TV ought to do it.

notorious
10-29-2012, 05:53 AM
I am at the point where if we had to let go of Hali, Bowe, Berry, Houston, etc. just to get rid of Pioli's regime I would accept it.

Think of it as an "expansion franchise" experience.

Deberg_1990
10-29-2012, 06:20 AM

Yea, id have to say the same. Crennel is certainly right there with Paul Wiggins and Frank Ganz.....maybe even worse.

munkey
10-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm not even too sure Geno is the man. I'm not saying don't pick him if he's the best in this class and we have the top pick, I'm saying why couldn't we have been this shitty last year with Luck and RG3 coming out. And I don't care what anyone says, the Colts tanked it last year like a mother ****er. They're smart.

Even if we had tanked and had a chance at RG3 Pioli would have traded out for more picks since we have casehole....

:banghead::banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
10-29-2012, 07:44 AM

or "eliminate bad football, move this team to LA and let's start over"

FAX
10-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Maybe Clark is holding out firing Pioli and Crennel until after the season to ensure we don't have some miraculous turnaround and win our way out of the QB race.

You are indeed inscrutable, Mr. mr. tegu.

Firing the hell out of people is all well and good, but how are you going to fill the vacuum created with you do? This season is a goner. Clark gains nothing by firing Pioli now. It just makes the entire process more difficult.

I certainly wouldn't interpret Clark's lack of public action as an indication that he's pleased with Pioli's performance or that he's hoping for a miracle.

FAX

Woodchuck
10-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I would fire Daboll at the very least today if I were Romeo. Someone needs to be fired today.

Romeo's Pants
10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Why not just tell Pioli, RAC, and a multitude of players NOW that they will be fired when the season is over. Imagine the freedom of knowing you're going to be fired.

It has got to be good for some entertainment value. Maybe the play calling will get very loose and we'll see a few statue of liberty plays.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Another 13 points allowed off of turnovers. The team is giving up nearly TWELVE POINTS A GAME off turnovers. That is unheard of.

Bye Coaches!!

ChiefMojo
10-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Parts of me doesn't want to make a coaching change until the end... bury the b**ch!!! Make it so Clark has no choice but to clean house.

DTLB58
10-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm afraid we're stuck with these turds until the end of the season. Nothing will change if Pioli isn't canned. No one with any ability is going to want to coach this team while he's here.

This.

Bugeater
10-29-2012, 08:30 AM
I would fire Daboll at the very least today if I were Romeo. Someone needs to be fired today.
Oh, I'm sure Pioli is ready to drop the hammer on a beer vendor today for not meeting his sales quota.

Coogs
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
I am at the point where if we had to let go of Hali, Bowe, Berry, Houston, etc. just to get rid of Pioli's regime I would accept it.

Think of it as an "expansion franchise" experience.

Peter King is suggesting the Seahawks should offer up a 4th for Bowe in his MMQB article today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/29/Week-8/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your Kansas City Herp-a Derps.

oldman
10-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm going to both disagree and agree with you, FAX.
Firing Pioli now would not hurt the Chiefs one bit. What's he going to do between now and the end of the season? Tomorrow is the trade deadline and I doubt he's got a blockbuster lined up.
I will agree that a total house cleaning now makes no sense. Who would be the HC? Daboll--no thanks. The only ones I would even consider would be Zorn and ET, a 69 year old.
I'll also agree with you about Clark. I'm pretty sure he's pissed. This is not what he expected and wants. His lack of public comment is just something you do when you're the CEO of a multi-million dollar business. With a few notable exceptions, you don't run your mouth in the media and stay in business very long. However, it's all about perception. You don't allow the inmates (the fans) to run the asylum. I'm sure a day of reckoning is coming, I just don't know when.

TEX
10-29-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm going to both disagree and agree with you, FAX.
Firing Pioli now would not hurt the Chiefs one bit. What's he going to do between now and the end of the season? Tomorrow is the trade deadline and I doubt he's got a blockbuster lined up.
I will agree that a total house cleaning now makes no sense. Who would be the HC? Daboll--no thanks. The only ones I would even consider would be Zorn and ET, a 69 year old.
I'll also agree with you about Clark. I'm pretty sure he's pissed. This is not what he expected and wants. His lack of public comment is just something you do when you're the CEO of a multi-million dollar business. With a few notable exceptions, you don't run your mouth in the media and stay in business very long. However, it's all about perception. You don't allow the inmates (the fans) to run the asylum. I'm sure a day of reckoning is coming, I just don't know when.

I agree. If you fire Pioli now and get someone in place before the draft - they can get a heads up on the talent. I'm afraid that if something isn't done now, Clark wil have an excuse not to.

notorious
10-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Peter King is suggesting the Seahawks should offer up a 4th for Bowe in his MMQB article today.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/29/Week-8/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

Don't get me wrong, I would still be upset, but at least the cancer would be gone.

blaise
10-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't watch the Chiefs play football if they were in my back yard.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM

I'm worried about this tool doing something stupid like that and ruining the team even further before his public hanging...

Pasta Little Brioni
10-29-2012, 09:08 AM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1ChiefsDan
10-29-2012, 09:08 AM
You are indeed inscrutable, Mr. mr. tegu.

Firing the hell out of people is all well and good, but how are you going to fill the vacuum created with you do? This season is a goner. Clark gains nothing by firing Pioli now. It just makes the entire process more difficult.

I certainly wouldn't interpret Clark's lack of public action as an indication that he's pleased with Pioli's performance or that he's hoping for a miracle.

FAX

Sorry Fax, don't agree.

Flush the toilet. Get them out of here. Bring in a group of poo throwing monkeys and they can do just as good a job as the current staff.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-29-2012, 09:09 AM

A 4th? Fuck him

BlackHelicopters
10-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't watch the Chiefs play football if they were in my back yard.

Calling what the Chiefs do "football" is quite a stretch.

The Franchise
10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Don't get me wrong, I would still be upset, but at least the cancer would be gone.

Bowe isn't a cancer.....STFU.

oldman
10-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Why on earth would you take anything less than a 2 or multiple lower round picks for Bowe unless you want him gone? We'll get a comp 3 if he walks. To take a 4 only is shooting yourself in the foot.

Sorter
10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Why on earth would you take anything less than a 2 or multiple lower round picks for Bowe unless you want him gone? We'll get a comp 3 if he walks. To take a 4 only is shooting yourself in the foot.

^^^This. Additionally, this is probably why a deal hasn't been made.

durtyrute
10-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Nick Wright suggested that Clark knows the two biggest problems and actions will be taken, just not soon enough.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Nick Wright suggested that Clark knows the two biggest problems and actions will be taken, just not soon enough.

Believe it when I see it...

The Franchise
10-29-2012, 10:47 AM
This is an all-time level of pathetic, bad enough that fans are paying to fly banners mocking the team over the stadium, and incompetent enough that fans are already wearing paper bags and plan on coming to the next game dressed in mourning. At least one fan wrote to the team demanding his tickets be refunded — and they were.

Why aren't more people doing this?

gblowfish
10-29-2012, 10:50 AM

I don't think the Chiefs will trade Bowe for anything less than a second rounder, or, for a third and an additional pick.

If they just let him walk they'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so why trade for something you're going to get from the league anyway?

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think the Chiefs will trade Bowe for anything less than a second rounder, or, for a third and an additional pick.

If they just let him walk they'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick, so why trade for something you're going to get from the league anyway?

Because Pioli is making sure he burns the team to the ground on his way out the door.

BoneKrusher
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
the problem is execution.

why they haven't brought in the firing squad is beyond me.

saphojunkie
10-29-2012, 11:02 AM
A 4th? **** him

It's Pioli chumming the water so that when he only gets a third and a fourth for on of our best players, he can say "It's more than people thought we could get!"

saphojunkie
10-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Because Pioli is making sure he burns the team to the ground on his way out the door.

This is why he has to be fired NOW. Not after the season. Now.

Then again, I'm sure Clark or the Board would overrule any such shit trade.

The more I read and hear, the more I am convinced that the Hunts are just as duped and frustrated as we are. They're just well paid for their frustration.

Discuss Thrower
10-29-2012, 11:05 AM
As much as I don't think it's likely in the most general sense, I think if the regime gets canned it will be this Friday.

Unless the Bolts fuck up and let KC win, someone will get fired. Had this not been a very short week I'd think there's enough reason to hand out pink slips effective this morning.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
As much as I don't think it's likely in the most general sense, I think if the regime gets canned it will be this Friday.

Unless the Bolts **** up and let KC win, someone will get fired. Had this not been a very short week I'd think there's enough reason to hand out pink slips effective this morning.

I don't see it.

Who on this staff deserves even the temp HC role?...

bevischief

I like it.

KCUnited
Mellinger was just on 610 and played a voice message he got from a Chiefs fan, the guy called him Smellinger and said "**** you and Rex Hudler." ROFL

Rausch
10-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I like it.

Yup...

Discuss Thrower
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see it.

Who on this staff deserves even the temp HC role?...

No one deserves it but it could happen. And yes, I know this a rehash, but Carthon, Thomas, Zorn would be likely.

Real question i have is who handles transactions if Pioli gets axed.

KC_Lee
10-29-2012, 11:15 AM

Talk is cheap, put up or shut up Clark.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Real question i have is who handles transactions if Pioli gets axed.

There should be none until we get a new GM.

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 11:18 AM

TWO problems?

This right here demonstrates and inability to fully comprehend the situation.

RAC and Cassel are ONLY here because Pioli gave them jobs.

There's only ONE problem with this team.

The fact that he says "two" tells me we're all going to be VERY disappointed when the heads start to roll.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 11:23 AM
The fact that he says "two" tells me we're all going to be VERY disappointed when the heads start to roll.

Pioli will be driving the bus over Romeo and Ca$$hole in February...

The Franchise
10-29-2012, 11:24 AM

My vote is for Daboll and Cassel.

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Yep.

TEX
TWO problems?

Exactly.

htismaqe
My vote is for Daboll and Cassel.

The defense has been horrible as well. Romeo won't be employed after Week 17.

TEX
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't trade him at all.

Marcellus
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
TWO problems?

Why is everyone assuming Clark doesn't think Pioli is one of the 2 problems?

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Why is everyone assuming Clark doesn't think Pioli is one of the 2 problems?

Who is #2 if Pioli is one of the problems?

RAC? You solve that problem inherently if you fire Pioli.

Cassel? You solve that problem inherently if you fire Pioli.

It's the subtlety of the English language. Since you could potentially solve EVERY problem this team has by getting rid of Pioli, you can effectively say the team only has ONE problem.

By suggesting the team has TWO problems, you're implicitly admitting that Pioli isn't the problem.

gold_and_red
10-29-2012, 12:40 PM

It's the subtlety of the English language. Since you could potentially solve EVERY problem this team has by getting rid of Pioli, you can effectively say the team only has ONE problem.

By suggesting the team has TWO problems, you're implicitly admitting that Pioli isn't the problem.

I think Clark realizes that he himself is the second problem.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-29-2012, 01:18 PM

I still don't understand how you trade your best WR. Pay him. He'll be happy then. These guys aren't like old school players. All they care about is money #1, winning #2.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-29-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm sure it's been said but I have a feeling we'll be looking up at the situation today once we actually hit rock bottom.

Marcellus
10-29-2012, 02:18 PM

Well, another train of thought is he knows the 2 biggest problems are RAC and Cassel, and he knows who is responsible for both.

2 birds 1 stone.

Did he say he knows WHO the 2 biggest issues are or WHAT the 2 biggest issues are.

Not the same thing and I cant think of a scenario where Pioli isn't responsible for all the problems. Clark isn't dumb, he can see that.

Molitoth
10-29-2012, 02:28 PM

Sorry dood, but Pioli is already extended. Clark is going to allow him to bring in another coach and draft a QB. It sucks, but it's going to happen.

FAX
10-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Sorry dood, but Pioli is already extended. Clark is going to allow him to bring in another coach and draft a QB. It sucks, but it's going to happen.

I've vacillated on this subject quite a bit ... then I switched to Gold Bond and been a ton happier.

But I do think that Pioli is a goner. He has become the lightning rod who attracts the fire of unrestrained hate. He is now emblematic of all that the average, salt-of-the-Earth Chiefs fan despises. He is the epitome of ego-driven elitism and power-madness. He has bypassed mere dislike and now represents human failure in all its forms. At this point, all he has to do is kill somebody and he'll symbolize every aspect of the pure evil mankind has battled throughout all of human history.

Nope. I think he has to go and I think Clark knows this, as well.

FAX

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Link?

Hammock Parties
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Pioli has bypassed mere dislike and now represents human failure in all its forms. At this point, all he has to do is kill somebody and he'll symbolize every aspect of the pure evil mankind has battled throughout all of human history.

LMAO

Wish I could change my sig.

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 02:47 PM

That's EXACTLY how I see it.

Pioli's gonna fire up the bus, run over Romeo and Cassel, and we're gonna get to see him fuck around with our #1 overall pick...

htismaqe
10-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Well, another train of thought is he knows the 2 biggest problems are RAC and Cassel, and he knows who is responsible for both.

2 birds 1 stone.

Did he say he knows WHO the 2 biggest issues are or WHAT the 2 biggest issues are.

Not the same thing and I cant think of a scenario where Pioli isn't responsible for all the problems. Clark isn't dumb, he can see that.

If Pioli is responsible for ALL of the the other problems, then Clark only has ONE problem.

If Clark sees TWO problems with this team, Pioli isn't one of them. Plain and simple.

10-29-2012, 02:49 PM

I would like to know if any GM in history was allowed to choose 3 head coaches in 5 years. Not to mention all of the offensive coordinators to boot.

Sorter

Pioli's gonna fire up the bus, run over Romeo and Cassel, and we're gonna get to see him **** around with our #1 overall pick...

Well, this is one man's feelings on that outcome:

http://i40.tinypic.com/phk1.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/29pri88.jpg

http://s5.tinypic.com/15dryau.jpg

DaneMcCloud

Pioli's gonna fire up the bus, run over Romeo and Cassel, and we're gonna get to see him fuck around with our #1 overall pick...

I cannot see this happening and until it does, I'll refuse to believe it will happen.

Clark Hunt may be the CEO of the team but his family is involved in decision making as well. They can't be too happy that their team and family name has become a laughing stock.

Allowing Pioli one more year will only make it worse, thus making them appear even more incompetent and foolish.

FAX
10-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I would like to know if any GM in history was allowed to choose 3 head coaches in 5 years. Not to mention all of the offensive coordinators to boot.

ROFL

There can't be too many.

FAX

10-29-2012, 02:51 PM
ROFL

There can't be too many.

FAX

I am wondering if it has EVER happened.

FAX
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I am wondering if it has EVER happened.

I shall consult the All-Seeing Crystal Tittah on the matter, Mr. Guru ...

FAX

oldman
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
FAX, you're right, Pioli is the lightning rod and Clark knows it. Firing RAC at this point isn't going to placate the fans, we want the king's blood. He's the symbol of everything wrong with this team. He's the logical choice to throw to the wolves now. After Thursday at 3 now, he's got very little to do before the end of the season. There's nothing that can't be done by an underling, and that includes contract extensions.With the money we have under the cap, how hard can it be to go to Colquitt's agent and say "how about $1.7M next year and XXX for the next 5"? Even I could handle that. "Fat Albert, how much do you think you're worth? No, that's way too much, how about XX". I know you have to fill in the Xs, but Pioli hasn't been doing a very good job of it, so why not someone else?

Valiant
10-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Banner: chiefs football, where being retarded is a step up.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Banner: MAGIC JOHNSON GAVE HIS AIDS TO THE CHIEFS

NJChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Banner: MAGIC JOHNSON GAVE HIS AIDS TO THE CHIEFS

Well Clark should have the money to cure us.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Well Clark should have the money to cure us.

Lol because that is the cure!!

NJChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Lol because that is the cure!!

I know. It works on every level.

BWillie
10-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Why don't we play stanzi...I mean how much worse can it get. Why go back to casshole

Crush
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I've vacillated on this subject quite a bit ... then I switched to Gold Bond and been a ton happier.

But I do think that Pioli is a goner. He has become the lightning rod who attracts the fire of unrestrained hate. He is now emblematic of all that the average, salt-of-the-Earth Chiefs fan despises. He is the epitome of ego-driven elitism and power-madness. He has bypassed mere dislike and now represents human failure in all its forms. At this point, all he has to do is kill somebody and he'll symbolize every aspect of the pure evil mankind has battled throughout all of human history.

Nope. I think he has to go and I think Clark knows this, as well.

FAX

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FAX again.

nascher
10-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Actually we will play well in these "meaningful" Games !