PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The MOST loyal fans are preventing major changes in KC

scho63
10-29-2012, 06:25 AM
I realize that many of you have held season tickets for decades and in some cases, maybe they were passed down to you from your folks.

I know that going to Arrowhead a scant 8-10 times a year to tailgate and hang with long time friends is a great and fun way to spend a weekend.

However, until only 10-15% of tickets are sold for this disgrace of a team, the pressure on Clark to make changes is minimal.

So in essence, all the idiots like Debbie Douchebag who say she will go support her Chiefs no matter what are the ones blocking any major changes.

The best analogy I can give is this: what if you went to your favorite restaurant, they changed cooks, the food was absolutely shitty for years and you keep going out of loyalty along with all your friends. The restaurant stays busy and the owner is still raking in the bucks. The reviews are horrible but who cares he says, I'm making big bucks.

If you and all your friends stopped going to his restaurant, he would start losing money and need to make changes.

STOP EATING THE SHITTY FOOD AT ARROWHEAD THAT IS THE KC CHIEFS AND HIT CLARK IN THE WALLET.

That's what he understands..........

wazu
10-29-2012, 06:33 AM
You should put this message on a series of banners and fly them all at the next home game.

AussieChiefsFan
10-29-2012, 06:35 AM
You should put this message on a series of banners and fly them all at the next home game.

Lmao

10-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Whenver Wazu posts I hear clown whistles at the end.

Imon Yourside
10-29-2012, 06:59 AM

Hey wait a minute.........I resemble that remark!

Dave Lane
10-29-2012, 07:06 AM
They are not the most loyal fans, they are the stupidest fans and that's the bottom-line.

Molitoth
10-29-2012, 07:13 AM
My season tickets are already paid for... I've been selling them all off to rival fans.

After 25 years of front row isle tickets, we will NOT be renewing next year. Even IF Pioli is gone and Geno Smith is here, we are not renewing our tix. We've had enough.

loochy
10-29-2012, 07:14 AM
They are not the most loyal fans, they are the stupidest fans and that's the bottom-line.

because stone cold said so?

cmh6476
10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
<---- has not been to 1 game this year

scho63
10-29-2012, 08:15 AM
My season tickets are already paid for... I've been selling them all off to rival fans.

After 25 years of front row isle tickets, we will NOT be renewing next year. Even IF Pioli is gone and Geno Smith is here, we are not renewing our tix. We've had enough.

:clap:

More people like you need to fire off emails to the local papers.

I am glad for your principals and I feel sad for you losing a great weekend activity you enjoyed for so many years.

Bugeater
10-29-2012, 08:22 AM
The embarrassment on the field should be enough to warrant changes. And if nothing does change, and people still pay, well...that's on them. I'm not sure I care much for this whole idea of telling others what type of fan they need to be.

Woodchuck
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
It's all the most loyal fans fault!!!!! BOOOOO

10-29-2012, 08:28 AM
The embarrassment on the field should be enough to warrant changes. And if nothing does change, and people still pay, well...that's on them. I'm not sure I care much for this whole idea of telling others what type of fan they need to be.

I'm going to the blackout game buying another STH ticket at a dirt cheap price. AFter that, I may be done even with the cheap steal tickets.

scho63
10-29-2012, 08:32 AM
It's all the most loyal fans fault!!!!! BOOOOO

Bob Fescoe is discussing this issue right now on 610am....

Woodchuck
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Bob Fescoe is discussing this issue right now on 610am....

It's all the most loyal fans fault because Bob Fescoe is discussing this on 610 am right now!!!!! BOOOOO

Titty Meat
10-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Ill buy them from you

HonestChieffan
10-29-2012, 08:53 AM

95% sure we are same. 6th row 25 yard line is hard to walk away from but Its become unbearable. The other STH around us have been selling/giving tickets away and its just not the same with a bunch of morons all around. And the morons on the field make it worse

Bowser
10-29-2012, 08:56 AM
I've been to one game this year, and it was a free club ticket. I spent about 30 bucks in there for my daughter and I, and felt dirty doing it.

I can't see me making it to a game for the foeseeable future. Maybe a tailgate, but even then I'd be annoyed to be spending money towards the Chiefs just to park.

splatbass
10-29-2012, 08:59 AM
I realize that many of you have held season tickets for decades and in some cases, maybe they were passed down to you from your folks.

I know that going to Arrowhead a scant 8-10 times a year to tailgate and hang with long time friends is a great and fun way to spend a weekend.

However, until only 10-15% of tickets are sold for this disgrace of a team, the pressure on Clark to make changes is minimal.

So in essence, all the idiots like Debbie Douchebag who say she will go support her Chiefs no matter what are the ones blocking any major changes.

The best analogy I can give is this: what if you went to your favorite restaurant, they changed cooks, the food was absolutely shitty for years and you keep going out of loyalty along with all your friends. The restaurant stays busy and the owner is still raking in the bucks. The reviews are horrible but who cares he says, I'm making big bucks.

If you and all your friends stopped going to his restaurant, he would start losing money and need to make changes.

STOP EATING THE SHITTY FOOD AT ARROWHEAD THAT IS THE KC CHIEFS AND HIT CLARK IN THE WALLET.

That's what he understands..........

Did you have season tickets that you gave up? It is easy to tell others to give up their tickets when you don't have any to give up yourself.

Bugeater
10-29-2012, 09:00 AM
I've been to one game this year, and it was a free club ticket. I spent about 30 bucks in there for my daughter and I, and felt dirty doing it.

I can't see me making it to a game for the foeseeable future. Maybe a tailgate, but even then I'd be annoyed to be spending money towards the Chiefs just to park.
You could always just walk to the parking lot. :shrug:

scho63
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
For all the loyal fans, why not just all go to the game, party all day in the lot, and NOT go into the game???

The 1-6 Panthers vs the 1-6 Chiefs game on Dec 2nd would be a great game to do this.

scho63
10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Did you have season tickets that you gave up? It is easy to tell others to give up their tickets when you don't have any to give up yourself.

True, but if someone keeps feeding me a shit sandwich and I keep paying for it, shame on me.

Bugeater
10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
For all the loyal fans, why not just all go to the game, party all day in the lot, and NOT go into the game???

The 1-6 Panthers vs the 1-6 Chiefs game on Dec 2nd would be a great game to do this.
This is something that I'd actually like to see, and would make a HUGE statement.

gblowfish
10-29-2012, 09:06 AM
There is a hard core base of about 20,000 Chiefs fans that will go to games no matter what.

About 5,000 of those are the rich bastards in the "Gold Section" that go to games to wine and cheese it, sniff business rectum, swap business cards and "power network." They could care less about the game and look at Sunday as just another business opportunity. They all leave in the third quarter, because they don't want to pay their illegal immigrant babysitter an extra dollar an hour for overtime.

About 5,000 are like Debbie, the "Eva Bruan" type Chiefs fan that cheer for the uniform and couldn't tell you the difference between Eric Berry and Chuck Berry. And if you dare say anything negative about the team, you are a heretic. You are a communist. You are at traitor. Just say "Rah" dag nab it.

The remaining 10,000 are people like me. My family have been Chiefs STH since 1966. Every year I'm forced to have faith that the team will play well, or play better, or improve from the year before. I know from experience that sometimes they do (example: two years ago) sometimes they don't (example: this year). The Chiefs are what I spend my "fun money" on every year. That's no guarantee it will be "fun." If I were to let my seats go, I'd never get them back (location wise). So they become a commodity. And now as I get older, I will have to consider dealing them off in whole or in part as strictly a commodity. I want to retain the seat prime position, but may need to do more subcontracting. I've sold all my exhibition tickets for the last four or five years to help curb costs.

A percentage of that 10,000 would be like Monolith, who finally say "screw this" and let their tickets go. I really don't want to do that because of where my seats are located. But if my seat location was no big deal, I'd certainly sit it out until the team PROVED to me they were on the way back.

ChiefsCountry
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Meh. Chiefs only get 60% of ticket revenue, the rest goes to the visiting team.

Bowser
10-29-2012, 09:10 AM

Yeah, well, fuck that team too.

scho63
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM

So the Raiders not only kicked our ass but they got the fans money? OUCH!

wazu
10-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Are they sad clown whistles? Because that's what I'm shooting for.

wazu
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
So the Raiders not only kicked our ass but they got the fans money? OUCH!

They Raiders need the cash to sign Bowe.

Rausch
10-29-2012, 09:14 AM
The remaining 10,000 are people like me. My family have been Chiefs STH since 1966. Every year I'm forced to have faith that the team will play well, or play better, or improve from the year before. I know from experience that sometimes they do (example: two years ago) sometimes they don't (example: this year). The Chiefs are what I spend my "fun money" on every year. That's no guarantee it will be "fun." If I were to let my seats go, I'd never get them back (location wise). So they become a commodity. And now as I get older, I will have to consider dealing them off in whole or in part as strictly a commodity. I want to retain the seat prime position, but may need to do more subcontracting. I've sold all my exhibition tickets for the last four or five years to help curb costs.

A percentage of that 10,000 would be like Monolith, who finally say "screw this" and let their tickets go. I really don't want to do that because of where my seats are located. But if my seat location was no big deal, I'd certainly sit it out until the team PROVED to me they were on the way back.

This is why I like the blackout idea.

Being a part of the solution. No, it won't force Clark to do anything but when he finally see's that half the stadium agrees with a decision that deep down he knows he has to make...well...that decision becomes easier.

We're here, been here, staying here.

Fuck you Pioli, YOU GO...

Chiefspants
10-29-2012, 09:15 AM
It's all the most loyal fans fault because Bob Fescoe is discussing this on 610 am right now!!!!! BOOOOO

So, how about that Raiders game?

splatbass
10-29-2012, 09:17 AM
True, but if someone keeps feeding me a shit sandwich and I keep paying for it, shame on me.

You have nothing to give up, yet you blame long time season ticket holders and expect them to give up their tickets?

You expect people that have had tickets in their family for 40 years to give up their tickets for a temporary downturn? You realize that the Chiefs won't always be bad, right? Giving up long term tickets because the team is bad this year is like killing yourself because your girlfriend broke up with you. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Discuss Thrower
10-29-2012, 09:18 AM
You have nothing to give up, yet you blame long time season ticket holders and expect them to give up their tickets?

You expect people that have had tickets in their family for 40 years to give up their tickets for a temporary downturn? You realize that the Chiefs won't always be bad, right? Giving up long term tickets because the team is bad this year is like killing yourself because your girlfriend broke up with you. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

TRUE FAN!!!1one

splatbass
10-29-2012, 09:21 AM
TRUE FAN!!!1one

So? I don't see that as an insult.

A permanent solution for a temporary problem is a stupid way to deal with things. Expecting other people to do a permanent solution to a temporary problem when you don't have to yourself is a slimy thing to do. The OP needs to grow up.

scho63
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM

Clark sends his love....

splatbass
10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Clark sends his love....

Grow up.

I don't have season tickets, nor do I live in the KC area so I don't go to games. But I would never expect others to give up what I am not giving up myself. That is arrogant and childish.

10-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Are they sad clown whistles? Because that's what I'm shooting for.

depends on the post.There is the sad downward whistle and the zippy fast upward whistle for zingers.

Bearcat
10-29-2012, 09:24 AM

It could very well be the 2-9 Panthers vs the 1-10 Chiefs.... then all the die hards will say "see what a franchise QB gets you? derp derp."

I was talking to someone last week who's thinking about giving up at least 2 of their 4 season tickets. Like gblowfish, they've had them for years, and since they're so close to the field and they know everyone around them and it's such a tradition, it's a tough decision.

I know the biggest statement the fans can make is to not buy tickets, don't show up, and even cancel season tickets... but, I don't think it's necessarily preventing change. Granted, Carl stuck around for a decade too long, at least part of it was due to the success he brought... and there's been a GM change, QB change, and coaching changes since then. Now, WTF people are still showing up is another thing... if I had season tickets, I'd be desperately trying to sell them or else I'd probably stay home and at least not waste my money and time.

J Diddy
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Do you know how revenue sharing works in the NFL? Do you realize 2/3 of a teams income comes from the tv deal and much more is shared? About the only way to dent significantly the finances of the chiefs is for everyone to not go to a game?

scho63
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
So? I don't see that as an insult.

A permanent solution for a temporary problem is a stupid way to deal with things. Expecting other people to do a permanent solution to a temporary problem when you don't have to yourself is a slimy thing to do. The OP needs to grow up.

You sir, are a moron.

42 years since a Super Bowl appearance
19 years since a playoff win
Haven't drafted a QB in Rd 1 since Todd Blackledge in the early 80's
I could go on and on about all the other shit this team has piled up

Temporary??? You have a very short memory or amnesia if you think this shit is temporary....

Rausch
10-29-2012, 09:28 AM
It could very well be the 2-9 Panthers vs the 1-10 Chiefs.... then all the die hards will say "see what a franchise QB gets you? derp derp."

I was talking to someone last week who's thinking about giving up at least 2 of their 4 season tickets. Like gblowfish, they've had them for years, and since they're so close to the field and they know everyone around them and it's such a tradition, it's a tough decision.

I know the biggest statement the fans can make is to not buy tickets, don't show up, and even cancel season tickets... but, I don't think it's necessarily preventing change. Granted, Carl stuck around for a decade too long, at least part of it was due to the success he brought... and there's been a GM change, QB change, and coaching changes since then. Now, WTF people are still showing up is another thing... if I had season tickets, I'd be desperately trying to sell them or else I'd probably stay home and at least not waste my money and time.

Those seats are the best seats to help fans get their voice out. Good seats, close to the field, shown on TV.

Those fans can make a sign, wear black clothing, or put a bag on their head if they want. They have a legit shot of being on air and when this stadium is FULL of pissed off fans that says something.

Our fans aren't giving up - they're very, very pissed off...

King_Chief_Fan
10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Those seats are the best seats to help fans get their voice out. Good seats, close to the field, shown on TV.

Those fans can make a sign, wear black clothing, or put a bag on their head if they want. They have a legit shot of being on air and when this stadium is FULL of pissed off fans that says something.

Our fans aren't giving up - they're very, very pissed off...

nope, they don't....they get publicity.
How ignorant of people to fill seats for something that is so offensive to them. I can hear the chatter now, if these peope are so pissed, why do they still come? Face it, the relationship of fan to franchise doesn't exist any more. Money talks and all this bull shit walks

Rausch
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
nope, they don't....they get publicity.
How ignorant of people to fill seats for something that is so offensive to them.

As a fan you have to make a decision: after years of failure do I decide to say enough or do I hold out hope that this team will finally wake up and make changes?

That's not for me to tell you.

I was the guy who didn't have season tickets but went to 1 or 2 games a year. This will be second year I won't be going. I'm not driving 3 hours (in good weather) and then spending that jack to leave pissed off.

I can stay in town and just take my mother out to dinner and be home before dark if that's the desired effect.

I can hear the chatter now, if these peope are so pissed, why do they still come?

I don't have season tickets. But if I had someone offer me season tickets for 1/4th the price for next year.

Yeah, it'd be hard not to renew. I might sell 6 games and go to two, but it'd be really hard not to re-up and use that seat to vent my anger.

Face it, the relationship of fan to franchise doesn't exist any more.

This GM flat out doesn't care what the fan things. We are ignorant proles. Useful idiots.

And we aren't going to hurt Clark's pocketbook. Dude has nothing to worry about. Empty seats aren't going to hurt this guy a bit...

ChiefMojo
10-29-2012, 09:56 AM
One thing we can't deny with Carl, he had a good relationship with the fan base. He made the city/region a part of the team. With Pioli the fan base feels so distant and unwelcome. It is like he much rather play the games in a empty lot.

That should be one of Clark's big attribute in finding the next GM... get someone that is great with PR and making the fan base feel welcomed. Open things up again.... No more locked gates and shades down!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
10-29-2012, 10:02 AM
This GM flat out doesn't care what the fan things. We are ignorant proles. Useful idiots.

And we aren't going to hurt Clark's pocketbook. Dude has nothing to worry about. Empty seats aren't going to hurt this guy a bit...

empty seats is blackout...big dent in organization pocket books. You got to meet payroll and all those other expenses. Empty seats hurt. Why do they so frantically try to sell unsold seats? I got emails galore asking me to buy season tickets.

Bearcat
10-29-2012, 10:46 AM
empty seats is blackout...big dent in organization pocket books. You got to meet payroll and all those other expenses. Empty seats hurt. Why do they so frantically try to sell unsold seats? I got emails galore asking me to buy season tickets.

The property tax on his house is like 3 times my mortgage... sure, they're in it for the money and want to make as much as possible, but the TV deals are far more important. Ten or 20,000 seats is pocket change.

The Mayor
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
We are due for a home win. Maybe I'll buy a few tickets. :D

Rausch
10-29-2012, 10:57 AM

You have any idea how much money Lamar left his family?

The Chiefs could lose money (not that they will) for a decade and it wouldn't matter...