PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late-night bullshit: How good is Houston?

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Houston has been shut out twice by Jeromey Clary now.

Clary is not a good tackle. Last year he was just about the worst RT in the league. Richardson esque. This season he's allowed 6 sacks and 13 QB pressures. That's horrific pass blocking.

And yet, Houston had his worst pass rushing game of the year against him in the first game. Not a single pressure or QB hit. Tonight he was invisible. PFF hasn't graded this abortion, but Houston seemed invisible in the passing game. Rivers obviously had a lot of time.

What gives? Houston is easily one of the best OLBs in the league right now but he can't beat Clary.

To be honest, it seems like Houston either dominates or kinda disappears looking at his PFF grades.

What kind of player is Justin Houston? I don't think we know who this guy is yet.

Sorry for a real football thread, I know we're busy crucifying the GM.

BossChief
11-02-2012, 12:53 AM
I think when he is sent on a lot of blitzes our defense plays much better and he produces results. When he isn't, we are trash mixed with crap and set ablaze.

Romeo is clueless and we are ran like a team in the 1950s.

Houston is a sleeping giant.

Rasputin
11-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I think they are leaving him out in coverage too much. I don't know whats wrong but Cassells play & losing has significantly regressing the team.

There is no leadership to light a fire in these kids. That's the problem.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Houston had 18 rushes against Clary in the first meeting and did nothing.

20 rushes against Buffalo and didn't do much.

This guy is an odd player, especially since we know his "boom" games aren't garbage pressures/sacks. Dude was huge against Baltimore and Nawlins.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 01:01 AM
He's a 2nd year player, so it's hard to tell. That more than anything probably explains the inconsistency.

Rasputin
11-02-2012, 01:04 AM
You know would it help him out if T Jax was adding pressure and taking on the extra blocks? That is his job on passing downs isn't it? I think the same on the other side with Dorsey. When did Tamba get his sack after Dorsey went down? Am I right? Our D-line isn't NFL par with the league that has too be affecting our linebackers.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
It *could* be a Rivers thing and not a Clary thing.

Rivers is excellent at moving in the pocket and buying that half second to get rid of the ball.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 01:08 AM

Rivers is excellent at moving in the pocket and buying that half second to get rid of the ball.He also loves dumping it off to his backs.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Looking at some stuff.

2nd and 12 and we drop everyone and rush Ropeatitty, Toribio and Jackson.

Next snap, third and long, they rush Hali, Allen Failey and Poe.

No interest in rushing the best pass rusher on the team in two consecutive passing situations.

Romeo sucks.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Inches from a sack at 2:44 in the 2nd. Rivers gets rid of it.

Next play, they drop him and rush Belcher and Berry. :facepalm:

Next play, he drops.

Next play, he drops.

Drops.

Drops.

Next play he rushes and forces the Berry pick. :facepalm:

I'm guessing he had less than 10 rushes again. #Bosstradamus

ThaVirus
11-02-2012, 01:25 AM
He's quickly becoming my favorite defensive player on this team, although I'm still partial to Berry..

I think Houston's been the most consistent player this season and the player with the least WTF moments. I can't remember a single time seeing him completely **** up a play (I'm sure he has at some point, I just haven't seen it). Plus, he doesn't seem to give up like many others do.

I was keeping an eye on him tonight and they were dropping him back in coverage a lot.

Our defense is just ****ing lame and I don't understand it. We're dropping 8 in coverage and Rivers is 11/11. What would be the logical thing to do? Bring some more blitzes, right? No, we just continue to drop 8 and let our useless DL play Patty cake with the OL.. its sickening.

Saccopoo
11-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Tank for Geno.

Tank for Pioli to be fired.

These guys have bought into the SOC's shit and you guys are lamblasting them?

Fuck you.

Praise these guys for alligator arming the passes.

Praise these guys for just whiffing on a sack.

Praise these guys for just almost getting a hand on a pass rusher.

You want change, and these guys are playing for you.

Praise these guys.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Tank for Geno.

Tank for Pioli to be fired.

These guys have bought into the SOC's shit and you guys are lamblasting them?

Fuck you.

Praise these guys for alligator arming the passes.

Praise these guys for just whiffing on a sack.

Praise these guys for just almost getting a hand on a pass rusher.

You want change, and these guys are playing for you.

Praise these guys.

ROFL

This team hasn't quit.

It's amusing seeing them play hard and eventually suck because Pioli's roster reeks of shit talent.

Chargers needed a TD and they simply threw at a shit DB.

I kinda got the feeling they were toying with us most of the night.

Saccopoo
11-02-2012, 01:56 AM
ROFL

This team hasn't quit.

It's amusing seeing them play hard and eventually suck because Pioli's roster reeks of shit talent.

Chargers needed a TD and they simply threw at a shit DB.

I kinda got the feeling they were toying with us most of the night.

Shit...

I got the feeling that if it wasn't for the horrendous turnovers yet again that the Chiefs might have, tragically, pulled this one out.

Straight up, you can see the talent on this team.

The problem is, this is one of the, if not the, worst coached teams I've ever seen. Hands down.

They are horrible in execution. They are horrible in fundamentals.

This is a Mike "Pants Down" Singletary level of coaching bad.

Daboll is fucking awful. Horrible. Everyone that isn't earning $500k like he is should be thinking about driving to KC and lining up and kicking his ass. I know hundreds of people who work their asses off for $10 an hour and kick ass doing it and this guy is getting paid a half a million dollars a year to suck like nobody in history has sucked at their job.

But I digress...this team does have a lot of talent on it. One QB and a decent coach and this team is immediately competitive. Guaranteed.

But, in the meantime, I am revelling in the suckitude. It's the only way that we can guarantee a compete house cleaning and a shot at a top level QB.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Well, agree to disagree.

Pioli has assembled a HORRENDOUS secondary. Routt sucks. Arenas sucks. Daniels sucks. That shitbird from the opener against ATL sucked. The safeties are invisible, though not Pissabelly terrible. It's a huge bag of shit overall.

The defensive line is average at best. I've lost count of how many times Hali and Houston beat a tackle and watch Rivers step up into a clean pocket. Guys like Bailey, Poe, Jackson and whomever else they stick in there can't rush for shit.

The skill positions on offense SUCK. McCluster has caused two or three interceptions this year and has 0 big plays. Baldwin's a ghost. The running backs lack big play ability. Our tight ends are shit, and Moeaki's blocking is garbage lately. Kevin Boss was the best of them and he's hurt.

Jeff Allen is an abortion of a second round pick who has been flat dominated all year. No depth at center equals Lilja farting out snaps all over the place.

We don't even have a kick returner. We got Shaun Draughn. who might be the worst KR in the league, and Javier Arenas, who will get you 10 yards if you need 20 and 10 yards if you need 5.

It's a shitty fucking roster propped up only by Herm's guys.

Throw in Casshole, Romeo and Bowe and Charles fumbling here and there, or causing an INT and you get one giant ball of suck.

We need at least 6 new starters next season, plus depth. PERIOD.

Rasputin
11-02-2012, 02:39 AM
Well obviously Pioli put together the wrong 53. We need new 53 & a GM and HC OC DC.

Dustin Colquit hasn't even signed a new deal yet and he is our MVP. We are going to need somebody.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 05:28 AM
jesum crow

For the Chiefs Justin Houston rushed the passer on just 36.3% of plays last night (8 times)

Red Beans
11-02-2012, 05:40 AM
I think you'd see marked improvement in Houston with a DC that wasn't a total dipshit, and trying to manage being a really terrible HC simultaneously.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 06:46 AM
jesum crow

For the Chiefs Justin Houston rushed the passer on just 36.3% of plays last night (8 times)

They're TRYING to lose. They have to be.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Again: this is the #2 3-4 OLB IN FOOTBALL we're handling this way.

Clay Matthews is #1. He has 288 pass rush snaps.

Houston has 144.

Aldon Smith has 253. Ahmad Brooks, his teammate has 232.

FAIL

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Again: this is the #2 3-4 OLB IN FOOTBALL we're handling this way.

Clay Matthews is #1. He has 288 pass rush snaps.

Houston has 144.

Aldon Smith has 253. Ahmad Brooks, his teammate has 232.

FAIL

It has to be on purpose. It has to be. I hate these fuckers and I know they're inept but they didn't get this far by being COMPLETELY FUCKING STUPID.

WhiteWhale
11-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Well, agree to disagree.

Pioli has assembled a HORRENDOUS secondary. Routt sucks. Arenas sucks. Daniels sucks. That shitbird from the opener against ATL sucked. The safeties are invisible, though not Pissabelly terrible. It's a huge bag of shit overall.

The defensive line is average at best. I've lost count of how many times Hali and Houston beat a tackle and watch Rivers step up into a clean pocket. Guys like Bailey, Poe, Jackson and whomever else they stick in there can't rush for shit.

The skill positions on offense SUCK. McCluster has caused two or three interceptions this year and has 0 big plays. Baldwin's a ghost. The running backs lack big play ability. Our tight ends are shit, and Moeaki's blocking is garbage lately. Kevin Boss was the best of them and he's hurt.

Jeff Allen is an abortion of a second round pick who has been flat dominated all year. No depth at center equals Lilja farting out snaps all over the place.

We don't even have a kick returner. We got Shaun Draughn. who might be the worst KR in the league, and Javier Arenas, who will get you 10 yards if you need 20 and 10 yards if you need 5.

It's a shitty ****ing roster propped up only by Herm's guys.

Throw in Casshole, Romeo and Bowe and Charles fumbling here and there, or causing an INT and you get one giant ball of suck.

The team is badly flawed, but KC is not the least talented team in the NFL. We're certainly the worst though. IF KC was the least talented team, then it would be pointless to blame Crennel.

The team plays the most undisciplined football I've ever seen. We've got holes, but we've got enough talent to make this shit show inexcusable.

Ace Gunner
11-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Houston had 18 rushes against Clary in the first meeting and did nothing.

20 rushes against Buffalo and didn't do much.

This guy is an odd player, especially since we know his "boom" games aren't garbage pressures/sacks. Dude was huge against Baltimore and Nawlins.

When they met the first time, Mathews was already a huge part of the offense and Houston was forced to set the edge of the defense. He had to favor his outside gap which takes away that quick inside move for him. He played the same technique last night. Can't say I blame RC for rolling that way, it's either take away Gates or take away Mathews. Tough for such a poor defense to do both.

Hali has lost that explosiveness he had and to me, that is the biggest problem with the defense.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Hali has lost that explosiveness he had and to me, that is the biggest problem with the defense.

He has 5 sacks.

He's still the same guy, we just never have a goddamn lead.

Ace Gunner
11-02-2012, 07:58 AM
He has 5 sacks.

He's still the same guy, we just never have a goddamn lead.

That part is true, I think he has lost that explosive move though. Maybe he's got back problem.

loochy
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Houston is pretty good. I like them to win the division and make a deep run in the playoffs - maybe be AFC Champs. I like Arian Foster.

:D

Ace Gunner
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Getting back to your original question/comment, Houston is still playing good solid technique imo.

Ace Gunner
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Houston is pretty good. I like them to win the division and make a deep run in the playoffs - maybe be AFC Champs. I like Arian Foster.

:D

LMAO had me briefly scratching noggin

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM
The fact that they haven't led ONCE is obviously affecting his play in some way. It ash to be.

Ace Gunner
11-02-2012, 08:06 AM
The fact that they haven't led ONCE is obviously affecting his play in some way. It ash to be.

sure, but when you are playing a team that has a QB who likes dumping passes to the RB in the flat and he's a RB like Mathews, you better keep that play from ever developing, which is why Houston was forced to favor his outside gap. They played it that way when the game was zero/zero and kept playing it that way all game.

Quesadilla Joe
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM

Rivers is excellent at moving in the pocket and buying that half second to get rid of the ball.

Rivers is the 6th most sacked QB in the NFL.

Chiefs=Champions
11-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Rivers is the 6th most sacked QB in the NFL.

That dosnt prove anything.. He might well be the 6th most sacked QB because his line blows chunks.

RealSNR
11-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Houston's good enough that I'm not worried at all about replacing him any time soon. Unless his play drops off the face of the earth never to be seen again.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
That dosnt prove anything.. He might well be the 6th most sacked QB because his line blows chunks.

I know a lot of people on this board can't stand to hear it but Jared Gaither fucking SUCKS.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2012, 03:37 AM
Criminally stupid coaching is holding this kid back.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/signature-stat-snapshot-pass-rushing-productivity/

http://i45.tinypic.com/2625kc7.jpg

Rasputin
11-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Justin Houston has quickly became one of my favorite Chiefs thus why I adopted him this year. I know what he is capable of, the coaching staff is holding him back. The team suffers from dumb coaching and horible QB play that is not getting better despite what it looked like on monday night we still couldn't muster more than 10 points in a league that has teams that drop 30+ points a game any week given.

That Rothlessburger sammwich between Hali and Houston was a beautiful sammwich.

ForeverChiefs58
11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Can you imagine Houston if we had a team that could actually take a lead in a game every once in a while?

If we had someone who played QB, or coached the defense better, Houston would be all anyone talked about.

RealSNR
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Romeo's not sure why Houston isn't producing like he should.

BlackHelicopters
11-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Houston will blossom somewhere else.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-15-2012, 09:31 AM
So, our pass rush sucks ass because of shit coaching. Awesome. Look at all the talent rotting away on this squad.

Holladay
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Can you imagine Houston if we had a team that could actually take a lead in a game every once in a while?

There was an interview with, I believe Hali. He said it's hard to pin your ears back without a lead. They still have to respect a running game. And we all know about the team and actually leading.

New World Order
11-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, agree to disagree.

It's a shitty ****ing roster propped up only by Herm's guys.

Post of the year.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Criminally stupid coaching is holding this kid back.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/signature-stat-snapshot-pass-rushing-productivity/

http://i45.tinypic.com/2625kc7.jpg

Awesome. Justin Houston rules.

NJChiefsFan
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
This is another reason why I have some hope that with a new GM, coach, and QB that we can start getting back quicker than most top 3 pick teams do. We just can't lose Albert and Bowe.

xztop12
11-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Houston is what I thought he'd be. He's much more athletic than tamba but the way they're being used doesn't allow for both guys to blitz on any given down very often. I also wish we had gone the athletic rout, we cant really stunt much because of our 3rd down DT's