PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Bored...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
So....let's gather the "Geno, Wilson, Barkley, and whatever is left"- fans into one thread where we can all argue about who we want...again. :clap:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php

Matt Barkley, USC
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.83.
Projected Round (2013): Top-10 Pick.
11/3/12: The senior has completed 65 percent of his passes for 2,266 yards, 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He didn't play well against Stanford or Washington and was just average against California. Barkley had a huge day against Colorado before having a mixed outing in a loss to Arizona. He needs to finish the year strong, or he is going to be passed over as the top quarterback prospect.

8/16/12: Barkley proved himself to be a safe prospect during the 2011 season. He laid claim to the Trojans' starting quarterback position as a freshman and completed 59.9 percent of his passes for 2,735 yards and 15 touchdowns, but also threw 14 interceptions. In 12 games in 2010, the 6-foot-2, 220 pounder improved his production by completing 62.6 percent of his passes for 2,791 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

Barkley had many prolific passing games as a junior in 2011, including throwing for six touchdown passes against UCLA and Colorado. He also led USC to a signature road win over Oregon. Barkley completed 69 percent of his passes for 3,528 yards with 39 touchdowns and only seven interceptions.

Barkley's has job gotten easier since running back Silas Redd transfered from Penn State to USC. The Trojans are likely to blow out so many opponents that the signal-caller's numbers will be reduced due to a lack of opportunities to throw the ball in the second half of games.

The senior's improved decision making is exactly the kind of progress NFL scouts will be pleased to see, plus he comes from a pro-style offense and has good intangibles. Barkley has mastered the West Coast offense and is well-prepared for the NFL.

Geno Smith, West Virginia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
Projected Round (2013): Top-10 Pick.
11/3/12: Smith started out 2012 on fire. He was a dominant force before getting shut down against Texas Tech and Kansas State. Smith needs to bounce back to make sure he is a high first-round pick. Smith has completed 74.3 percent of his passes this season for 2,414 yards, 25 touchdowns and two interceptions. He had one of the most prolific games in college football history by completing 45-of-51 for 656 yards, eight touchdowns and zero interceptions against Baylor.

The senior signal-caller has an excellent skill set. He is showing his intelligence and field vision by working through his progressions and looking off safeties. Smith has some natural accuracy with good arm strength to make all the throws. He can fire some fastballs into tight windows with phenomenal ball placement to hit receivers in stride.

Smith's plus mobility allows him to pick up first downs with his feet and bail out his offensive line. He needs to work on sustaining drives as he has struggled when Texas Tech and Kansas State took away the deep part of the field. Smith will need to improve his footwork for the NFL. He needs to become more uniform with good feet to get in rhythm.

8/16/12: Smith completed 65 percent of his passes for 2,763 yards with 24 touchdowns and seven interceptions in his first year as a starter in 2010. He made big improvements in year two and produced an excellent junior season for the Mountaineers. He completed 66 percent of his passes for 4,385 yards with 31 touchdowns and seven interceptions. Smith also ran for 180 yards and two scores. The junior played his heart out against LSU's talented defense with 463 yards passing.

Smith shows the arm to be quality passer with some natural accuracy. He has earned a reputation as a very hard worker and true student of the game who puts in a ton of time in the film room. Smith is a good athlete who could fit well in a West Coast offense. He could earn first-round consideration.

Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
11/3/12: It has been a nightmare season for Arkansas. Part of that disaster was Wilson missing the Alabama game and most of the second half in the Razorbacks' shocking loss to Louisiana-Monroe. Since returning to the lineup, he has had some good games and some rather average performances.

Wilson has completed 59 percent of his passes for 2,254 yards, 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions so far in 2012. A lot has gone wrong for Arkansas and that has definitely played a role in holding the redshirt senior back.

8/16/12: Wilson completed 63 percent of his passes in 2011 for 3,638 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder has good field vision, a strong arm and accuracy. He played better as the year progressed.

Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision making the junior displayed last season was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He demonstrated the ability to push the ball outside the numbers in 2011, moving the ball down the field with precision passes. Wilson also has nice mobility to buy time or pick up yards on the ground. With his size, arm and intellect, he will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

Wilson played a little bit in 2010 as a backup to Ryan Mallett. Wilson completed 34-of-51 passes for 453 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions.

The 2012 season figures to be a challenging year for Wilson even though he received good preparation for the pro game from Bobby Petrino. Petrino has been fired and the Arkansas program is in turmoil. To make things harder, Wilson lost a bunch of good receivers.

Yeah I know it's bleach report...but the Geno-jackers will love this...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1383723-2013-nfl-draft-best-and-worst-fits-for-geno-smith-and-other-top-qb-prspects

Geno Smith

Best Fit: Kansas City Chiefs—Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll wants to build an offense focused around the deep ball but has never been blessed with the type of quarterback who can make those throws.

Daboll tried to make it work in 2011 with Matt Moore in Miami, when Moore ranked fourth in the league with 26.1 percent of his pass attempts travelling at least 15 yards down the field. And Matt Cassel was throwing one out of every five attempts at least 15 yards before his benching.

This scheme fits Geno Smith perfectly, as he already plays in an offense which likes to stretch the field. Smith isn't an elite prospect, but he could excel in a system which plays to his strengths and Daboll may be the guy to make that happen.

Matt Barkley

Worst Fit: Kansas City Chiefs—In a lot of ways, Barkley reminds me of Colt McCoy and that's probably the last thing Brian Daboll wants to hear after working with the Browns' QB in 2010. LMAOLMAOLMAO

There are a lot of things Barkley does well, but throwing the deep ball is definitely not one of them. It's a limitation he can deal with at the next level, but only if his coaching staff designs the offense around his skill set. If Daboll and the Chiefs are committed to featuring the deep ball in their offense, then Barkley is not their man.

And Walter has us selecting...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

#1 Kansas City Chiefs: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
The Chiefs are terrible. They need to clean house and start over, as the awesome @saveourchiefs Twitter handle will tell you. They have to fire people in the front office, including Scott Pioli, who has done an awful job. They also need to find a franchise quarterback. Luckily, they're currently projected to have a very early selection, which means they can draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

Matt Barkley is now atop the mock again in the wake of Geno Smith's struggles, but I wouldn't rule out Smith re-taking the No. 1 position in the future. It'll be a tight race until April.

By the way, I'm doing this live because I thought it'd be fun to get instant feedback. I'm going to post my mock anyway, so why not do it this way? Follow @walterfootball for updates.

Pick change; previously Geno Smith, QB

Finally, a nice read on Tyler Wilson up to this point...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1368451-assessing-the-draft-value-of-arkansas-quarterback-tyler-wilson

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 08:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j82j9.png

RealSNR
11-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Rape is funny

In58men
11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Rape is funny

Strongly agree.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-02-2012, 08:11 PM
http://thesportsseerdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/hogs-wilson3.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
What is Pat White up to these days?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/07/17/Jordan-Rodgers-following-in-Aarons-footsteps-671SND9T-x-large.jpg

Maybe pick him up in later rounds in addition to our first rounder...? :hmmm:

jaa1025
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
When no one is separating themselves, I'll take the toolsy guy. Smith it is.

If Pioli is still here for some god forsaken reason then it will be an LSU DE/DT.

Rasputin
11-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I'd be happy with any of these guys just make the pick. Give us hope.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Something tells me Daboll won't have a whole lot to do with who we select.

L.A. Chieffan
11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Daboll won't be around next year so yeah...

New World Order
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I want Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I did think this was interesting for those that claim he's a dink and dunk coorinator...

Daboll tried to make it work in 2011 with Matt Moore in Miami, when Moore ranked fourth in the league with 26.1 percent of his pass attempts travelling at least 15 yards down the field. And Matt Cassel was throwing one out of every five attempts at least 15 yards before his benching.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Shawn Zobel ‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ
Tyler Wilson just threw a duck that was intercepted by Tulsa. This QB class is trending towards being disturbingly bad

In58men
11-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Pat Devlin anyone?

RealSNR
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
The idiocy is getting to be fucking insane.

They're college QBs. They misfire throws. They throw ducks. Not often, but it happens. The pros do it all the time.

This Shawn Zobel guy is a retard.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Pat Devlin anyone?

Who?

ILChief
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
I want Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

You are probably gonna be happy

Mr_Tomahawk
11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Tyler Wilson with a good strike, then under thrown deep ball WR adjusted and a quick strike on the screen. 60+ yds in 3 plays.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
OH MY!! Tyler Wilson gets lit up by a free blitz but good throw and conversion. Unreal! Pops back up and ready to go next play.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
You want to know how dumb Arkansas coaching staff is? QB has been killed on every PA attempt. So they run a PA/Boot wheel route.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Tyler Wilson knocked down 8 times in the game. 1 sack.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Geno stares down WR on 3rd down. CB breaks up pass. Looked like a comeback.

Hammock Parties
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Daboll will not touch Geno Smith.

Rausch
11-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Daboll will not touch Geno Smith.

He will.

And it will be as wrong and as and awkward as this...

http://i.imgur.com/4LS5M.gif