BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Smith or Barkley

tk13
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Landry Jones.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Toooooo early still. But at this point Geno scares me a bit, and I haven't seen enough of Wilson. I do like Barkley, but I don't know if he has an "it" factor in him at all.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
I like Wilson.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
At this point, Barkley.

He has les question marks and has a four year record of starting.

BossChief
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Any of them. Just take a fucking quarterback FFS.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
At this point, Barkley.

He has les question marks and has a four year record of starting.

I would be thrilled

JoeyChuckles
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
I want another thread asking which quarterback I prefer.

RealSNR
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Tim Tebow

stonedstooge
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I just hope the Cheaps can land someone that can coach up a young dude. Haven't seen them have one yet

KChiefs_Fan94
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Trade Cassel for Orton.
Trade Quinn for Tebow.

Ming the Merciless
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Im not qualified really, so I leave it in the hands of you guys who watch a ton of college football...

BUT

From what little I have seen I would be OK with Barkley.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Dubya

BigChiefFan
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Barkley, while more experienced, looks average to me. Average arm strength and really close to 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio at the collegiate level. That doesn't translate well in the NFL to me.

Simply Red
11-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Any of them. Just take a ****ing quarterback FFS.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Toooooo early still. But at this point Geno scares me a bit, and I haven't seen enough of Wilson. I do like Barkley, but I don't know if he has an "it" factor in him at all.

He's not Mr. Personality but he's a good QB and a leader.

He's more Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan than Dan Marino or Peyton in that regard.

Which is fine by me.

Bump
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
1. Barkley
2. Wilson
3. Smith

Geno hasn't been impressing as of late and it's like 3 losses in a row.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Barkley, while more experienced, looks average to me. Average arm strength and really close to 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio at the collegiate level. That doesn't translate well in the NFL to me.

The TD/INT percentage is a bit scary, especially considering the talent at WR on that team.

And he's got to really put his body behind the deep throws.

And he's not the most mobile guy on the field.

He's going to have to go into a WC style offense to be successful IMO.

He had a better season last year with Kalil at LT.

lcarus
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Hell I don't even know.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I want another thread asking which quarterback I prefer.

I could start one.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Who's the QB for Coppin State? I want him. I bet he's quietly having a great season.

Does Coppin State have a football program?

tredadda
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
The TD/INT percentage is a bit scary, especially considering the talent at WR on that team.

And he's got to really put his body behind the deep throws.

And he's not the most mobile guy on the field.

He's going to have to go into a WC style offense to be successful IMO.

He had a better season last year with Kalil at LT.

Barkley has the highest floor of the big 3, but IMO the lowest ceiling. He is a safer pick than Wilson or Smith although he has less potential for superstardom.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Barkley has the highest floor of the big 3, but IMO the lowest ceiling. He is a safer pick than Wilson or Smith although he has less potential for superstardom.

Thoughts of Blackledge running through my head...

I'm going to have nightmares tonight...Scott Pioli still the GM, drafting safe, picks Barkley/Blackledge while Elway, Marino and Kelly (Smith, Bray, Wilson) go on to Hall of Fame careers with other teams.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM

I'm going to have nightmares tonight...Scott Pioli still the GM, drafting safe, picks Barkley/Blackledge while Elway, Marino and Kelly (Smith, Bray, Wilson) go on to Hall of Fame careers with other teams.

Chiefs way.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbn5rd6Mwx1qbcq69.gif

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Pioli will stay on.

Trade down to take a 5-tech, and draft Landry in the 2nd.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Who's the QB for Coppin State? I want him. I bet he's quietly having a great season.

Does Coppin State have a football program?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.varsitysportsnetwork.com/photos/Misc%20Images/CoppinStateFB_large.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.pitch.com/binary/b932/romeoandcharlie_thumb_450x236.jpg

http://media2.kjrh.com//photo/2012/10/17/Dayne_Crist_20121017075527_320_240.JPG

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/5128801/20120724_ajw_aj6_067_extra_large_medium.jpg

http://missourisportsmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/chiefs_scott_pioli.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.varsitysportsnetwork.com/photos/Misc%20Images/CoppinStateFB_large.jpg

WOOOOOOT!!!!

THAT'S our guy! Whichever one he is!

tredadda
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM

If that happens and Barkley does not pan out we will wait another 30 years to try again because 1st round QBs are too risky. Unless Bray matures he will be more of a Leaf and less Marino, Elway, or Kelly.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Pioli will stay on.

Trade down to take a 5-tech, and draft Landry in the 2nd.

Who will sit behind Cassel and..... learn

KCrockaholic
He's the dark skinned one.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
He's the dark skinned one.

***"that's racist" gif***

tredadda
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Who will sit behind Cassel and..... learn

One would expect the next Cassel to learn from the original, one and only Matt Cassel who even at 30 still tries to work hard to get better each week. First things Jones would learn from the master is the fetal position followed by how to properly overthrow a receiver.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
***"that's racist" gif***

But I mean...Did I have any other choices?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
But I mean...Did I have any other choices?

Not the point... still racist

Rain Man
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Can someone give me a synopsis of each quarterback? If possible, please let rank them by arm strength, accuracy, ability to progress through reads, ability to read defenses, mobility, pocket presence, poise under pressure, leadership, character, supermodel dateability, ability to inspire others to greatness beyond their wildest dreams, ability to entertain in interviews, ability to avoid interceptions on screen passes, and complete oppositeness in every way to every quarterback we've started over the past five years.

Infidel Goat
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Well, the TD/INT ratio might be true over his career, but here are his last two seasons:

2011: 39 TDs/7 INTs
2012: 22 TDs/6 INTs

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
One would expect the next Cassel to learn from the original, one and only Matt Cassel who even at 30 still tries to work hard to get better each week. First things Jones would learn from the master is the fetal position followed by how to properly overthrow a receiver.

I for one am really glad that even at this stage as a veteran signal caller/team leader/captain, Cassel is still working hard every week and trying to get better. At this point in his career he could just mail it in... but no. He's a worker. He's disappointed with the rest of the team but he knows this season is only half over. Together is powerful. Others need to step up and at least meet him half way.

bricks
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Geno Smith.

I think the league is evolving to the point where it's favoring QB's with more athleticism. Passrushers are becoming more powerful,faster defenses are getting quicker, need a QB that could run around and dodge defenses and step up in the pocket.

Geno is that. He is elusive plus he has the intangibles.
I think his upside/ceiling is a lot better than Barkley.

Rain Man
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
When (if) we draft a first-round quarterback, and if Cassel is still on the team, I would never let them be in the same place at the same time. I would make them take different planes to the games, and I would make one go to the team hotel any time the other one is on the field. I would coordinate them like Sup er man and kryptonite.

Munson
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
1) Smith
2) Barkley
3) ABC - Anyone But Cassel

TEX
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
BARKLEY

TEX
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Geno Smith.

I think the league is evolving to the point where it's favoring QB's with more athleticism. Passrushers are becoming more powerful,faster defenses are getting quicker, need a QB that could run around and dodge defenses and step up in the pocket.

I think he's better suited to play college football than pro. I prefer Barkley.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Geno Smith.

Bullshit.

Name the last "athletic QB" to win the Super Bowl.

the Talking Can
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
not murray or jones

lcarus
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Geno Smith.

That's really why I like Geno the most. We've had enough statues in the pocket. It's time we got someone with some mobility and someone who can move around in the pocket to avoid the rush.

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Bullshit.

I think his point is poorly stated.

I think that in today's NFL, you absolutely have to have pocket mobility to win the SB.

You just won't have any more immobile statues standing tall in the pocket.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
That's really why I like Geno the most. We've had enough statues in the pocket. It's time we got someone with some mobility and someone who can move around in the pocket to avoid the rush.

:facepalm:

tredadda
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Bullshit.

Young?

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Bullshit.

Rodgers.

RealSNR
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Rodgers is a hell of an athlete. He absolutely counts.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I think his point is poorly stated.

I think that in today's NFL, you absolutely have to have pocket mobility to win the SB.

You just won't have any more immobile statues standing tall in the pocket.

Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton are "immobile" and have won the last several Super Bowls. It's looking like another "immobile QB" will win it this year, at least based on the standings.

Too many people are swayed by RGIII and Cam Newton, two guys who have won exactly nothing in the NFL and think that Geno Smith (black QB) will win games with his feet when he can't do it with his arm.

He won't and neither have Cam or RGIII.

The Chiefs need a pocket passer that has the vision to sidestep the blitz. But they don't need a 600 yard rushing QB.

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I really think that people have misunderstood what Bricks was saying.

And Young was athletic, but he didn't win the Super Bowl until he learned to utilize that athletic ability within the pocket.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Young?

Young on a Super Bowl 20 years ago. He's the exception, not the rule.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Rodgers is a hell of an athlete. He absolutely counts.

Does he win game after game with his feet?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM

That's a loaded question.

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton are "immobile" and have won the last several Super Bowls. It's looking like another "immobile QB" will win it this year, at least based on the standings.

Too many people are swayed by RGIII and Cam Newton, two guys who have won exactly nothing in the NFL and think that Geno Smith (black QB) will win games with his feet when he can't do it with his arm.

He won't and neither have Cam or RGIII.

The Chiefs need a pocket passer that has the vision to sidestep the blitz. But they don't need a 600 yard rushing QB.

Brees, Eli and Peyton, while not athletic, along with Tom Brady, are exactly what I talk about when I use the term "pocket mobility".

They are not athletic, but they have an innate sense of the rush, and have the abilty to move within the pocket to avoid sacks.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM

His ceiling may be higher but it's just as likely that he never reaches it.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton are "immobile" and have won the last several Super Bowls.

Brees is immobile?

RealSNR
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Can someone give me a synopsis of each quarterback? If possible, please let rank them by arm strength, accuracy, ability to progress through reads, ability to read defenses, mobility, pocket presence, poise under pressure, leadership, character, supermodel dateability, ability to inspire others to greatness beyond their wildest dreams, ability to entertain in interviews, ability to avoid interceptions on screen passes, and complete oppositeness in every way to every quarterback we've started over the past five years.
Geno Smith- Has all the tools, plays for a shit coach and team not designed to go up against Big XII-level competition, can be compared to Ben Roethlisberger for Miami, OH in that regard. Has the most upside.

Tyler Wilson- In a similar position as Geno Smith in that his team is a fucking mess. Has performed worse and made the most bone-headed mistakes of the three but against the toughest competition by far. I personally question his pocket presence; it's not enough just to stand there and get hit. Could use more mobility in the pocket. Has a reputation as a meathead, but those stories might be overblown. Will have to see how he does at the combine and in interviews

Matt Barkley- Has the best WRs, line, and surrounding team. Most likely to do okay in the pros of the three QBs, but the least likely of the three to really excel and be a top 5 QB in the league. Concerns about armstrength are overblown; he really has the ability to make any throw on the field, but the only concern is his windup on long balls. Both Geno and Wilson have that effortless ability to "flick" a long throw, and Barkley needs to take a bit more time. Has a million-dollar smile.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Brees, Eli and Peyton, while not athletic, along with Tom Brady, are exactly what I talk about when I use the term "pocket mobility".

They are not athletic, but they have an innate sense of the rush, and have the abilty to move within the pocket to avoid sacks.

Yep. You could certainly add Rothlisburger to that list, too.

RealSNR
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM

You'll have to ask Rex Ryan that question

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Yep. You could certainly add Rothlisburger to that list, too.

Roethlisberger is in a class by himself.

He's a shrugger.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Judging by the comments about Smith for the past several weeks, I think that many here are expecting Smith to be part Randall Cunningham and half Dan Marino.

He's not. Not even close.

He has time to prove otherwise but he looks like a project to me. Quite honestly, I hope the Chiefs pass on him. The stiffer the defense, the worse he plays.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Geno Smith- Has all the tools, plays for a shit coach and team not designed to go up against Big XII-level competition, can be compared to Ben Roethlisberger for Miami, OH in that regard. Has the most upside.

Tyler Wilson- In a similar position as Geno Smith in that his team is a ****ing mess. Has performed worse and made the most bone-headed mistakes of the three but against the toughest competition by far. I personally question his pocket presence; it's not enough just to stand there and get hit. Could use more mobility in the pocket. Has a reputation as a meathead, but those stories might be overblown. Will have to see how he does at the combine and in interviews

Matt Barkley- Has the best WRs, line, and surrounding team. Most likely to do okay in the pros of the three QBs, but the least likely of the three to really excel and be a top 5 QB in the league. Concerns about armstrength are overblown; he really has the ability to make any throw on the field, but the only concern is his windup on long balls. Both Geno and Wilson have that effortless ability to "flick" a long throw, and Barkley needs to take a bit more time. Has a million-dollar smile.

No bias here. lmao

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Well, his athleticism helps him move in and out of the pocket, which in turns helps him avoid the pass rush, an extend plays.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Roethlisberger is in a class by himself.

He's a shrugger.

I like how he seems to sidestep defenders just at the last moment.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Brees is immobile?

This.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, his athleticism helps him move in and out of the pocket, which in turns helps him avoid the pass rush, an extend plays.

His last several games have been pretty awful. I'm just not seeing it.

the Talking Can

Tyler Wilson- In a similar position as Geno Smith in that his team is a ****ing mess. Has performed worse and made the most bone-headed mistakes of the three but against the toughest competition by far. I personally question his pocket presence; it's not enough just to stand there and get hit. Could use more mobility in the pocket. Has a reputation as a meathead, but those stories might be overblown. Will have to see how he does at the combine and in interviews

with cassel gone, pawnsmoker will need a new crank to suck....do they take dick pics at the combine?

DaneMcCloud
Brees is immobile?

He's not a 600 yard rusher

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM

So that makes him immobile?

RealSNR
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
No bias here. lmao

I found it to be pretty fair. We have yet to see if Geno's game against TCU is a preview of things to come. If it is, then he absolutely deserves to be blasted for it, and his draft stock needs to come down below Wilson and Barkley.

Until then, however, it's one measly game. You don't see me entering into your Wilson thread and billay's Barkley thread going "LOLOL INT WHUPS SHIT QB!"

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Judging by the comments about Smith for the past several weeks, I think that many here are expecting Smith to be part Randall Cunningham and half Dan Marino.

He's not. Not even close.

He has time to prove otherwise but he looks like a project to me. Quite honestly, I hope the Chiefs pass on him. The stiffer the defense, the worse he plays.

I disagree.

I think his poor games are the results if the limitations of the offensive design, and the disparity of talent between college teams is far, far greater than the disparity of talent between NFL teams, thus, the QB is not nearly the difference maker on the colege level that he is on the NFL level.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Because to me, the quickness Brees shows in getting out on stretch plays and designed rollouts demonstrate mobility. Maybe I'm wrong and have no idea what mobility means.

BigMeatballDave
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM

But he can move around the pocket, extend plays. This, to me, is mobile.

600 yard rushing QBs are running QBs.

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Because to me, the quickness Brees shows in getting out on stretch plays and designed rollouts demonstrate mobility. Maybe I'm wrong and have no idea what mobility means.

He's not as athletic and mobile as Aaron Rodgers, but he's not a stiff.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
But he can move around the pocket, extend plays. This, to me, is mobile.

600 yard rushing QBs are running QBs.

Word

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
He's not as athletic and mobile as Aaron Rodgers, but he's not a stiff.

Exactly. Dane insinuated that if he isn't rushing for 600 yards, he is immobile. Which is silly.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM

I think Rodgers, Brees, etc. have "average" mobility.

Young, Vick, RGIII, Cunningham and Newton have above average mobility.

Being able to hang in the pocket and sidestep the pass rush doesn't make a QB "mobile" or "athletic".

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I think Rodgers, Brees, etc. have "average" mobility.

Ok, then why did you say this?

Drew Brees, Eli and Peyton are "immobile" and have won the last several Super Bowls..

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:37 PM

Because they're "immobile" compared to guys like Newton, etc.

Running a bootleg doesn't make a QB "mobile".

These guys are modern day pocket passers.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Who compared them to Newton?

Nobody said they weren't pocket passers either. You called Brees immobile, and then stated that mobile QBs are the ones that rush for 600yds a season. That simply isn't the case.

milkman
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM

It's pretty clear that his definition of mobile is far narrower than ours.

When I think of immobile, I think of guys like Drew Bledsoe, Kurt Warner and Kyle Orton.

Those guys have anchors for feet, and Warner is probably the last of his kind that will win a SB.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Who compared them to Newton?

Nobody said they weren't pocket passers either. You called Brees immobile, and then stated that mobile QBs are the ones that rush for 600yds a season. That simply isn't the case.

How many guys coming out college at the QB position can't move around the pocket?

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
It's pretty clear that his definition of mobile is far narrower than ours.

When I think of immobile, I think of guys like Drew Bledsoe, Kurt Warner and Kyle Orton.

Those guys have anchors for feet, and Warner is probably the last of his kind that will win a SB.

Agree completely. You can add Mallett and Derek Anderson as examples of statues as well.

Dayze
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Bubby Brister

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
How many guys coming out college at the QB position can't move around the pocket?

Move around? Well, if they have 2 working legs, then they all can. However, as an example, putting Mallett in Houston's offense with the designed rollouts they do would not be effective, because of his lack of mobility. Mallett is a recent example that answers your question. Foles is probably another, although I haven't watched much of him or know his combine #s. Osweiler perhaps.

pkane
11-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't get why people compare Geno to a running QB. He doesn't run at all. Has less than 300 yards total rushing for his college career.

He has good pocket mobility but is not a run first QB.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't get why people compare Geno to a running QB. He doesn't run at all. Has less than 300 yards total rushing for his college career.

This. This. This.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I think Matt Barkley could be Trent Green 3.0

ekf028
11-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Jeff George :banghead:

tredadda
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Apparently he shares one trait with all the other "running" QBs in spite of numbers that state otherwise.

milkman

That's the thing.

Even when he breaks containment, he never really looks to run.

He always has his head up looking for an open receiver.

DaneMcCloud
I think Matt Barkley could be Trent Green 3.0

He should be far better than Trent, as long as he can avoid injury.

You're talking about a possible #1 overall guy versus a 9th rounder that bounced from the CFL to the NFL.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Apparently he shares one trait with all the other "running" QBs in spite of numbers that state otherwise.

He's "explosive" and "athletic"????

LMAOLMAO

I love how people think that Geno is super quick, great runner, etc because he's black. Far from it.

Hammock Parties
11-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I was mocking you, Dane. :evil:

I don't like Barkley's release. It reminds me of Matt's. He has a big windup.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Move around? Well, if they have 2 working legs, then they all can. However, as an example, putting Mallett in Houston's offense with the designed rollouts they do would not be effective, because of his lack of mobility. Mallett is a recent example that answers your question. Foles is probably another, although I haven't watched much of him or know his combine #s. Osweiler perhaps.

I'm off the iPad and back on my computer.

I was referring to modern QB's, not trying to compare to "statues" like Marino, Bledsoe, etc. Guys of yesteryear that were pure pocket passers.

Most of the QB's coming out today that would be considered first rounders run 4.7-4.8 or way faster. There are very few guys that can't move around or avoid the pass rush because as big time college QB's, they've done it their entire career.

To me, that type of "mobility" is a given. I don't think any team will ever draft a "statue" with the #1 overall again.

That said, those guys are different than "mobile" QB's like Newton, Griffin, etc. Guy's that are considered "Dual Threat" QB's because they can beat you with their legs or their arm (although Newton & Griffin haven't done much yet with either).

All that said, after watching the last four WV games, I'm underwhelmed with Geno Smith. Again, I'm just not seeing it.

Bump
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM

I don't think so. He's a smart guy and has all of the passing abilities. High football IQ and a student of the game. I think he has the highest ceiling of all of them.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Barkley Bray or Wilson for me. Then again I wanted foles cousins or tannehill last year.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1llmvhl851qdzie9.gif

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:05 PM
That's the thing.

Even when he breaks containment, he never really looks to run.

He always has his head up looking for an open receiver.

http://www.startoftheline.com/images/yes-thats-awesome.gif

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM

This is going to sound like a dick statement but I question any player that you love.

tredadda
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think so. He's a smart guy and has all of the passing abilities. High football IQ and a student of the game. I think he has the highest ceiling of all of them.

That is why I think he has the highest floor of all of them. He is the least likely to bust IMO, but I also think he is less likely to be a superstar if all achieve their potential. Regardless I am willing to take a chance on him to see if I can be wrong and he can be a HOF QB.

Reerun_KC
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
This is going to sound like a dick statement but I question any player that you love.

He is the ultimate Homer. He would still.have Herman here and.drafted a franchise right guard.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
He is the ultimate Homer. He would still.have Herman here and.drafted a franchise right guard.

You sir, are an idiot.

jspchief
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Every time I watch Barkley, I envision him reading "How to Quarterback Your Way to the Probowl" by Matt Cassel.

Everything about him says 2010 Cassel. Not terrible, but a limited tool kit and playing it safe to the.point of almost being detrimental. He also doesn't seem like he's grown much as a player for having started 4 years.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Every time I watch Barkley, I envision him reading "How to Quarterback Your Way to the Probowl" by Matt Cassel.

Everything about him says 2010 Cassel. Not terrible, but a limited tool kit and playing it safe to the.point of almost being detrimental. He also doesn't seem like he's grown much as a player for having started 4 years.

If you're right (and I'm not saying you're wrong), then the pundits are right:

This draft class sucks ass.

Ming the Merciless
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM

ugh

figures

Sorter
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Not terrible, but a limited tool kit and playing it safe to the.point of almost being detrimental. He also doesn't seem like he's grown much as a player for having started 4 years.

This. He's regressed this year and the Oregon/AZ games are the first ones where he has looked like the guy at the end of last year.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:31 PM

You should. I'm sure that you were one of those riding the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon which means that we don't share the same conceptualizations about what one should expect out of a high draft pick at the QB position.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
You should. I'm sure that you were one of those riding the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon which means that we don't share the same conceptualizations about what one should expect out of a high draft pick at the QB position.

Yeah, right.

:rolleyes:

4/18/2010

I'll be shocked if Clausen is the choice at #5.

That said, I think they might pull a 2000 Bill Parcells and trade down so many times they end up with four first rounders.

That year, they got Pennington, Abraham, Shaun Ellis and Anthony Becht in the first round.

Becht was the only player of the three to disappoint.

My opinion about Clausen was pretty consistent in 2010: If the Chiefs took him, it's because Charlie Weis convinced Pioli and Haley that he could be a Franchise QB. The fact that the Chiefs passed spoke volumes.

jspchief
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM

Yeah, I don't know. It seems like this happens every year. People spend the entire college season looking for reasons to disqualify the incoming crop of 1st rnd QBs.

It's rare to have an Andrew Luck, that goes all season meeting expectations.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I don't know. It seems like this happens every year. People spend the entire college season looking for reasons to disqualify the incoming crop of 1st rnd QBs.

It's rare to have an Andrew Luck, that goes all season meeting expectations.

You were way ahead of the curve regarding Tannehill. Kudos!

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Here's more. And I wish they had taken Lee and Washington. 4/23/10.

I'd like to see Mays, Lee, Tate, Benn, Washington or Gilyard with 2a and 2b.

For some reason, I just have a feeling that they won't take Clausen.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:43 PM

This quote speaks directly to you, Dude.

:D

If Weis convinces Pioli to draft Clausen, I'm good with it.

Otherwise, I'd want Berry, hands down.

McClain and Okung can suck it.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
This quote speaks directly to you, Dude.

:D

If you're good with them drafting Clausen, then that's bad. Especially in the first round. FAIL.

And, by the way, who's playing better right now - Okung or Berry?

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
If you're good with them drafting Clausen, then that's bad. Especially in the first round. FAIL.

And, by the way, who's playing better right now - Okung or Berry?

Did you miss what I said? If Charlie Weis has convinced them to draft Clausen, I was good with it. Weis has had a pretty good history with QB's. If not for him, Cassel, Haley and Pioli probably would have been gone LAST year.

I wasn't endorsing anyone and said I wanted Berry.

McClain is ass. Okung is "okay" but not at the expense of moving Albert to guard.

JFC, Dude.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Did you miss what I said?

I wasn't endorsing anyone and said I wanted Berry.

McClain is ass. Okung is "okay" but not at the expense of moving Albert to guard.

JFC, Dude.

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/come-at-me-bro-knife-drop.gif?w=500&h=282

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/come-at-me-bro-knife-drop.gif?w=500&h=282

LMAO

clyde05
11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I like Murray but he's only a junior, so I went with Geno

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
And, if whoever they draft this year doesn't work out, they can most certainly draft Marcus Mariota in 2015 or 2016. Jesus H. Stop Dancing Christ that kid is a baller.

AussieChiefsFan
11-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Genooooooo

zigbazah
11-05-2012, 12:30 AM
For long enough, this team's played it safe. Let's go with Geno. If he busts, we can draft again in a few years.

bricks
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
I really think that people have misunderstood what Bricks was saying.

And Young was athletic, but he didn't win the Super Bowl until he learned to utilize that athletic ability within the pocket.

I didn't really use the correct terminology. But mobility was where I was getting at. And thank you for correcting me.

I believe that since the league is evolving into more of a passing league, the two most important positions on a team are becoming increasingly evident nowadays. To me, that's both QB and passrusher be it 4-3 DE or 3-4OLB.

Mobility is key. I believe that if you have a QB who can move around in the pocket or run around passrushers, it causes passrushers to play more straight up and honest. And they take less chances rushing the QB because they're thinking of containing the QB. Just a little simple thing like that changes the overall approach on how a passrusher will play against a QB. And it slows down the passrush IMO. That's just one big reason why a mobile QB is so advantageous to an offense.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Unfortunately, the Chiefs are making this decision in a pretty weak QB class. I'm less and less excited about Geno, and okay with Barkley but his upside is that he'll be a non-elite franchise QB.

The Chiefs should draft 2 QBs. I love the idea of going with a safer guy like Barkley, then in the later rounds taking a real big gamble. Someone like Jordan Rodgers or Jeff Tuel -- no safe picks like Klein or Nassib, who are probably career backups.

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I like Murray but he's only a junior, so I went with Geno

Murray has been a huge disappointment for me. I think he's a tremendous developmental guy. But he looks way too robotic and I don't think he's been coached well on mechanics. He also hasn't shown up in big situations, but I also don't think he's been put in a great situation to succeed in those situations either.

It's a real big shame because apart from size, he seems to have the pedigree to be a very good QB. But he'll probably not declare this year and even next year, he'll probably be a project pick.

bricks
11-05-2012, 12:44 AM
His ceiling may be higher but it's just as likely that he never reaches it.

A lot of that will depend on coaching IMO. Chiefs will have the #1 pick but having the right coaching in place will be just as important.

Coaching will dictate a lot as to whether or not we see improvements in player development. I think that becomes even more critical especially with the #1 pick and a brand new QB on board.

BlackHelicopters
11-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Glennon

tredadda
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
For long enough, this team's played it safe. Let's go with Geno. If he busts, we can draft again in a few years.

To the fans that logic makes sense. We are talking about the Chiefs though. The last time they drafted a first round QB was 1983. He busted and it is now 2012 and we are still hoping to finally draft another one. We can't afford to fail unless we want to wait another 30 years to try again.

Woodchuck
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Wilson out of the choices.

eazyb81
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
We would be lucky to end up with either Smith or Barkley. A good team could win a Super Bowl with either one leading their offense.

TimeForWasp
11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Need a longer list. Not impressed yet.

ILChief
11-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Need a longer list. Not impressed yet.

I thought about adding more but these are the only three that are projected as first rounders and you have to think we are drafting a first round QB

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Wilson out of the choices.

OK, those 3 choices aside, who would be your ideal pick?

Woodchuck
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
OK, those 3 choices aside, who would be your ideal pick?

Probably Glennon, NC State. Since the Bucky Brooks article, I have really looked at the kid and he has the tools and he has "it." He has played well in the big games in the big moments.

I was also impressed with McCarron. Hell, I would take both of them if I were drafting.

oldman
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Some of the luster has worn off Smith in the last few games. Before I make a choice, I'd like to see some bowl games.

COchief
11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Jesus Christ, Barkley can throw the ball 60 yards which is more than enough. His arm strength is equal to Brady/Brees/Both Mannings (none of which have elite arm strength). Who cares about the wind up on long throws, ever watch Peyton when he throws further than 20 yards? His entire body is working to get the ball where it needs to go. Smarts and accuracy are what makes a qb elite, otherwise Jamarcus Russell would be MVP every year and he's a piece of garbage.

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Jesus Christ, Barkley can throw the ball 60 yards which is more than enough. His arm strength is equal to Brady/Brees/Both Mannings (none of which have elite arm strength). Who cares about the wind up on long throws, ever watch Peyton when he throws further than 20 yards? His entire body is working to get the ball where it needs to go. Smarts and accuracy are what makes a qb elite, otherwise Jamarcus Russell would be MVP every year and he's a piece of garbage.

The trajectory on his long ball IS a concern, whether you want to admit it or not.

NFL CBs recover MUCH faster than Pac 10 CBs.

COchief
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
3:20 would like to have a word with your sir...

Notice it's a 55 yard pass that hits his receiver perfectly in stride and that long ball is no floater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4D68hTje6gY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
11-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Some of the luster has worn off Smith in the last few games. Before I make a choice, I'd like to see some bowl games.

All Pioli needs to see is the combine...

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
3:20 would like to have a word with your sir...

Notice it's a 55 yard pass that hits his receiver perfectly in stride and that long ball is no floater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4D68hTje6gY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's one pass. Come on man, can we quit with the hyperbole and just be honest about this crop of QBs?

This place has really been worked into a froth and the season isn't even half over.

I'll be glad when the draft is over and done with.

COchief
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
That's one pass. Come on man, can we quit with the hyperbole and just be honest about this crop of QBs?

This place has really been worked into a froth and the season isn't even half over.

I'll be glad when the draft is over and done with.

Never said he was a great QB or will be in the NFL. I get annoyed when people try to bash his arm strength, his arm strength is more than adequate for the NFL.

I'm not that stoked on any of the QBs this year either, but I feel pretty strongly that Barkley will at least be on the level of say a Flacco/Schaub/Alex Smith in the NFL with the potential to possibly be elite. After all the short and shitty careers of the Chiefs QBs since Montana (Green excepted, but was only 4 years) I would love to have our own franchise QB for 10+ years.

MahiMike
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Not sure yet. Only seen Geno Smith and really wasn't that impressed. I think Barkley is the more ready/intelligent QB.