PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Pioli going to keep his job?

RealSNR
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I have no fucking clue anymore.

I thought it was obvious after the Raider loss that he would. The Chargers game only offered further proof.

One thing is for sure-- this team is going 1-15. Normally that's enough for an owner to fire all the assholes in charge.

I see this media blitz Pioli is doing though. And now today's game of moving deck chairs around on the Titanic. It's very suspicious to me.

I really hope SOC continues to gain strength and that it REALLY makes a statement against the Bengals. Because if it doesn't, I think we're fucking screwed.

Codered
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
I figure he will play GM until his contract is up. No other team would keep this bum employed through all of this.

Only the Chiefs.

suds79
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't see how it's possible.

I think he'll be let go.

If he is, that might just be enough for me to take a break from this team until he's gone.

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Why not? He'll draft us that first round QB we've all wanted for the last three decades and become the hometown hero!

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2012, 02:56 PM
If they lose out and get the 1st pick, Clark would have to be a complete idiot to not clean house.

Having that pick would make the Chiefs look good to a potential GM and HC.

Dayze
Yes. we'll eek out 5 games somehow and Pioli will get extended to continue on with the process.

Molitoth
I've been vocal saying that Pioli has already signed an extension and that he will be here next year.

I want to be WRONG more than anything.

Woodchuck
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes, he has Clark under his thumb.

1ChiefsDan
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Pioli has CHunts nuts. He isn't going anywhere. Such is the life of a Chiefs fan.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I think he's coming back. He just released our starting CB that he just signed this past offseason. If he's allowed to do that he's coming back.

Easy 6
11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I keep vacillating on this, but a day like yesterday with the interview and with todays news... he's gonna be here in '13.

Clark has been completely brainwashed, if pioli was as good as gone... we wouldnt be hearing a ****ing peep out him and todays move wouldnt have been made.

Of course, you know... this means WAR.

Rasputin
11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't see any plausible reason or that Clark would keep him another year. That said **** if I know??!?? I want him fired so bad everybody wants Pioli fired but it doesn't seem like we will get our wish? Bull shit if he doesn't get fired. I think he is going get fired by seasons end but that's just based on hope.

suds79
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Whether you're a person who believes Clark wants to win or only cares about money, I see reason to fire him.

Wants to win? (Hired the big name GM a few years back)

- Fires Pioli. All the backlash. Romeo can't be brought back and Scott can't be allowed to hire another HC. This was to be the big year and it's epic fail.

Only cares about $

- Season ticket renewal will be down bigtime if Scott is back. I don't think QB alone will do it. We all agree there's not exactly Andrew Luck sitting out there.

I think he'll do it towards the end or after our last game.

TrebMaxx
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
My gut feeling is yes. I hope I'm right.

FAX
11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Pioli has CHunts nuts. He isn't going anywhere. Such is the life of a Chiefs fan.

I think this is the correct answer. It's the only plausible explanation for Clark's inaction.

I don't know what it's going to take, though ... to force Clark into a move, I mean. How bad are we supposed to get? How many poor decisions have to be made? How many good players must be lost? How big is Nibiru?

I don't like thinking about these questions.

FAX

bevischief
11-05-2012, 03:03 PM
I sure hope not. JFC.

Simply Red
11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Pioli is a terrible talent evaluator of talent and a terrible business-man.

That said, Chunt is far too much of a pussy to see this and/or do anything about it. The firing will have to happen after we go through another season with these amatuers. Fuck this team, I don't even bother looking forward to the games anymore.

oldman
11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
No way is he here next year. Not unless Clark wants to see a half full Arrowhead.

Rasputin
11-05-2012, 03:07 PM
All I can say is Clark better take heed to the voice of the Chiefs fans.

FAX
11-05-2012, 03:07 PM
No way is he here next year. Not unless Clark wants to see a half full Arrowhead.

The amount of tv revenue that kicks in next year is enormous.

FAX

RealSNR
11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
SOC needs to make plans just in case.

A write-in blitz. Angry phone calls. Something. Anything.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/monk.gif (http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/monk.gif)

RealSNR
11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Anybody check on Barrysspamaid recently? Has he joined SOC 100% yet?

siberian khatru
11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
To go 1-15 in your fourth year of "rebuilding"? Just doesn't seem possible anyone could survive that.

Still, I worry that Pioli will convince Clark that the turnovers are responsible for the disastrous season, and that it's simply a terribly fluky thing -- a "100-year flood" kind of deal. He'll tell Clark that he'll make some changes, luck will revert to the mean and next year we're back in the playoff hunt.

New World Order
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes. we'll eek out 5 games somehow and Pioli will get extended to continue on with the process.

This is my biggest fear, especially at the end of the season when we play the Raiders, Browns, Panthers etc..

Discuss Thrower
11-05-2012, 03:16 PM
He's not going anywhere.

This is bad. Really, really really bad.

scho63
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I see all this as a last ditch effort by both Pioli and Crennel to try and save their jobs.

My best guess is they will both be gone at the close of the season. I see a 2-14 or 3-13 season at best. They will probably get one more "lucky" win.

There is nothing positive happening right now.

There are some excellent GM choices but I don't know if Clark could speak to them in mid-season and possibly some good coaches as well.

The Romeo soft and nice guy approach sucked and Pioli's draft/trade/free agent record is also shit.

keg in kc
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm going by the assumption that he is. That way it's either not quite as profound a disappointment when he does or a pleasant surprise if he leaves.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Yep. He doesn't cut Routt without feeling a strong sense of job security.

TEX
11-05-2012, 03:19 PM
He's not going anywhere.

This is bad. Really, really really bad.

Agree. Reminds me of the days of Gunther and the Stooges. Only that GM, HC, staff, and team were BETTER. :shake:

Red Beans
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Still, I worry that Pioli will convince Clark that the turnovers are responsible for the disastrous season, and that it's simply a terribly fluky thing -- a "100-year flood" kind of deal. He'll tell Clark that he'll make some changes, luck will revert to the mean and next year we're back in the playoff hunt.

If Clark is making any business decisions based on luck, he's going to be a poor motherfucker before too long. That would force him to sell the team however...

No businessman worth one half of one shit would do business like that... If he's that gullible, he's more fucked than we are as fans.

okcchief
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
SOC needs to make plans just in case.

A write-in blitz. Angry phone calls. Something. Anything.

Does he have an email address that's public? I would love to write him about why he won't be getting my money anymore :)

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Does he have an email address that's public? I would love to write him about why he won't be getting my money anymore :)

Dumbest question I have seen today.

Woodchuck
11-05-2012, 03:27 PM
If Clark is making any business decisions based on luck, he's going to be a poor mother****er before too long. That would force him to sell the team however...

No businessman worth one half of one shit would do business like that... If he's that gullible, he's more ****ed than we are as fans.

Doesn't he own like half the silver in the USA? Also, the owners made their money on the TV deals. It hasn't very little to do with selling tickets. You know how some people have hobbies sewing or even collecting baseball cards? Clark's hobby is owning the Chiefs and some soccer teams.

It's not about money at all.

TEX
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
To go 1-15 in your fourth year of "rebuilding"? Just doesn't seem possible anyone could survive that.

But finishing LAST 3 out of 4 years is no fluke. Especially when after 4 years the team you built is arguably worse than the team you started with.

New World Order
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
My heart says no but my head says yes. So, no.

1ChiefsDan
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
This was posted in another thread. Been sending emails and they haven't bounced back, but also no responses.

chunt@chiefs.nfl.com

Shag
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Yup.

whoman69
11-05-2012, 03:43 PM
He has to fire the coach. Does he really think that he doesn't deserve to go first? There is no rational mind that can successfully argue that Scott Pioli has done the things to keep his job. Really?! Stanford Routt?

Titty Meat
11-05-2012, 03:47 PM
A GM who's about to get fired doesn't get to make the Routt move.

dirk digler
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
I voted no. I just can't forsee if this team goes 1-15, 2-14 that anyone keeps their job. You can't let your GM hire a 3rd head coach in 5 years.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 03:52 PM

This.

mcaj22
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM

100 percent this. You dont cut a guy like that wasted 6 million of the owners money unless you are safe.

gochiefss
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
yes, he's a good gm

GoChargers
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I figure he will play GM until his contract is up. No other team would keep this bum employed through all of this.

Only the Chiefs.

The Chargers have kept AJ Smith as GM since 2003 and Norv as head coach since 2007. You're not alone.

Discuss Thrower
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Guys, this might be the darkest day in team history.

Not because cutting Routt was a bad move, but because it more or less guarantees Pioli's continued presence at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 04:15 PM
The Chargers have kept AJ Smith as GM since 2003 and Norv as head coach since 2007. You're not alone.

You aren't even near the level of a Pioli+RAC team.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
yes, he's a good gm

CAN'T
NEG
ENOUGH

Crush
11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes. After Pittsburgh rapes us in front of a national audience on Monday Night.

Munson
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
No. I don't see how someone could fail so hard and keep his job. No way in hell do I give him a 2nd chance to rebuild this team.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv8vy4wTLz1r2n6gxo1_400.gif

RealSNR
11-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Guys, this might be the darkest day in team history.

Not because cutting Routt was a bad move, but because it more or less guarantees Pioli's continued presence at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

I've been trying to understand why this would be the case. Because GMs on their way out the door don't make bold decisions like this one?

I don't think that proves anything if we don't know what Clark and Pioli are talking about. For all we know, Clark is saying to Pioli, "You have the rest of the season to make some changes and prove to me this team can win games. If you don't, your ass is fired"

TEX
11-05-2012, 04:19 PM

You know its gonna happen. When do the Chiefs get over on anyone? Never happens.

RealSNR
11-05-2012, 04:19 PM
yes, he's a good gm

Somebody's playing a sick joke.

Mods?

Discuss Thrower
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
I've been trying to understand why this would be the case. Because GMs on their way out the door don't make bold decisions like this one?

I don't think that proves anything if we don't know what Clark and Pioli are talking about. For all we know, Clark is saying to Pioli, "You have the rest of the season to make some changes and prove to me this team can win games. If you don't, your ass is fired"

In a way yes. Not saying Clark had knowledge of the decision to cut Routt, but unless Pioli gets terminated in the next 24 hours then he obviously has 100% control of the team and can make decisions as he may see fit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
He won't be here NEXT season.

Bugeater
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM

This is the obvious, common sense answer. But as a Chiefs fan, I always assume the worst possible scenario will play out, because it usually does.

Ming the Merciless
11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Good God No.

Please God no?

Noooo...

Hammock Parties
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Nope.

I've been right about everything since Romeo was hired and I started raising a shit storm.

Pioli's gone, and it will happen on my birthday to boot. It's destiny.

A RECKONING FOR ALL.

htismaqe
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
This is the obvious, common sense answer. But as a Chiefs fan, I always assume the worst possible scenario will play out, because it usually does.

THIS

Hammock Parties
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Yep. He doesn't cut Routt without feeling a strong sense of job security.

I think Romeo cut Routt.

Pioli doesn't cut players like this. He has a hard time admitting mistakes.

Ming the Merciless
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Pioli's gone, and it will happen on my birthday to boot. It's destiny.

A RECKONING FOR ALL.

Clays Birthday Wishes:

1) new GM

2) new queen mattress

3) new blow up doll to use #2 on

BlackHelicopters
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes. I am convinced Pioli has the CHunt "hooker and blow" pictures.

Ming the Merciless
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I am really surprised by these numbers.

I thought for sure more people would think Pioli would get fired.

I feel my heart beginning to crumble

darkness in my veins

Bugeater
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
What's strange is the results from this poll completely contradict the results in Bump's thread.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I am really surprised by these numbers.

I thought for sure more people would think Pioli would get fired.

I feel my heart beginning to crumble

darkness in my veins

Always err on the side that is the most fail possible with this team until they prove otherwise, which at this rate is sometime after the world ends.

Richard_Cuckold
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
really hope not