FIRE EGOLI

Hammock Parties
11-09-2012, 12:45 AM
He was a dick, but he was our dick.

Chiefspants
11-09-2012, 12:45 AM
After our inevitable 34-3 blowout loss.

Scott: Todd, Good Game, I know-

Todd: There's a lot of sh!t being talked about you. (SOC)

Fin.

Rasputin
11-09-2012, 01:01 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff129/oxfordsystems/seinfeld_nttawwt.jpg

rabblerouser
11-09-2012, 02:15 AM
*beats head against wall*

UK_Chief
11-09-2012, 02:23 AM
I miss Herm!

PRIEST
11-09-2012, 06:32 AM
I liked Haley . Me & my oldest son(21)argue over Haley ,lol it's fun .yes the poor kid is Life time Chiefs fan . oh what have I done ?

Stanley Nickels
11-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Does nobody remember the shape Haley had our guys in following training camp last year?

Does nobody remember the head-scratching 4th-and-whatever fakes/plays/etc?

Does nobody remember him trying to force square pegs through round holes, effectively neutering any chances of success because he refused to play to the talent he had?

I think the guy would be a good coach given the appropriate circumstances, but we're reminiscing a little too much here, IMHO. His ego seemed to prevent him from reaching his full potential, and he'll never really have an opportunity to have 100% of the say until he proves himself as a head coach first.

Red Beans
11-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Does nobody remember the shape Haley had our guys in following training camp last year?

Does nobody remember him trying to force square pegs through round holes, effectively neutering any chances of success because he refused to play to the talent he had?

I think the guy would be a good coach given the appropriate circumstances, but we're reminiscing a little too much here, IMHO. His ego seemed to prevent him from reaching his full potential, and he'll never really have an opportunity to have 100% of the say until he proves himself as a head coach first.

Beat me to it. All this pain is fucking up people's memories...

Dave Lane
11-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Talk to PIoli this was his brainchild to keep players from getting hurt / assure Haley got fired.

Very smart. Going for it on fourth down is almost always a smart play

You have lost your mind on this one

You best bet Scott if you are going to play this game is stick with the can't get along with a OC argument. It seems more logical till you look at it closely.

UK_Chief
11-09-2012, 08:16 AM

I think it says more about the current set up than about Todd Haley...

beach tribe
11-09-2012, 08:18 AM
I loved Haley. Still do. He got the most out of these guys.

durtyrute
11-09-2012, 08:23 AM
I am still pissed about him being fired.

aturnis
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
I loved Haley. Still do. He got the most out of these guys.

This.

aturnis
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
I am still pissed about him being fired.

This.

aturnis
11-09-2012, 09:43 AM

My "overly" fond memories have nothing to do with the current state of the Chiefs, and everything to do with the way I've ALWAYS felt about Todd Haley. The best part is that all of the facts leaking to the media these days seem to back up the way I perceived what was really happening as it unfolded. Haley took the blame for someone much more flawed.

That said, would you elaborate on this square pegs/round hole theory of yours?

Also, do you remember the shape he had the team in his first two years out of camp? You sure 2011 was his call? He didn't seem to get a lot of those from the sounds of things.

RedNFeisty
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Pioli couldn't control Haley, which he hated and that's what got him fired. Pioli needs an acid bath and throw through the aids tree.

morphius
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't miss Haley, but I miss some of his attitude. Crennel has too much Herm in him, way too laid back and conservative and it is obvious that these guys are just not self motivated.

beach tribe
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Pioli couldn't control Haley, which he hated and that's what got him fired. Pioli needs an acid bath and throw through the aids tree.

The av...ROFL

RedNFeisty
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
The av...ROFL

What, you don't like it? I'm kind of diggin my new look.

Rain Man
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM

I liked the head-scratching 4th-and-whatever fakes/plays/etc.

BoneKrusher
11-09-2012, 10:38 AM
i miss DV

Dayze
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I miss Haley's gif'd up. especially from his 1st season or two.

Rausch
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't miss him a bit.

Nor do I miss Herm or Gun...

Simply Red
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
closets are for clothes ChiefsNow.

Ace Gunner
11-09-2012, 11:17 AM
After our inevitable 34-3 blowout loss.

Scott: Todd, Good Game, I know-

Todd: There's a lot of sh!t being talked about you. (SOC)

Fin.

LMAO

TimeForWasp
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM
closets are for clothes ChiefsNow.

Racist !!! or whatever ROFL

Stanley Nickels
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
My "overly" fond memories have nothing to do with the current state of the Chiefs, and everything to do with the way I've ALWAYS felt about Todd Haley. The best part is that all of the facts leaking to the media these days seem to back up the way I perceived what was really happening as it unfolded. Haley took the blame for someone much more flawed.

That said, would you elaborate on this square pegs/round hole theory of yours?

Also, do you remember the shape he had the team in his first two years out of camp? You sure 2011 was his call? He didn't seem to get a lot of those from the sounds of things.

2011 was the strike-shortened preseason. Every team had the same amount of time to prepare their guys; that the Chiefs appeared the least prepared, and experienced so many injuries, can't simply fall on the GMs shoulders, much though we'd like it to be that way.

Regarding the coaching philosophy: certainly much of the criticism of Haley not being able to coach his own game is attributable to Pioli. He either should've complemented Haley's style by bringing in players more suitable to those strategies, or hired a different coach. That said, there is a large responsibility by any head coach to be flexible, to adapt to your team when the team isn't suited to what you'd most like to do. That is a criticism of Haley's stubbornness (which, of course, can be a great character trait in a coach) as much as it is Pioli's personnel management.

I really dislike that there is such a divisive and polar mentality in some of these threads. Simply posting what I believe are valid critiques of Haley does not mean I thought he was a poor coach. Likewise, criticisms of Haley are not endorsements of Pioli. Were I to choose, I'd much rather Haley here right now than Pioli; I just wish we wouldn't deify Haley as a world-beater when there were many problems he caused that led to our current situation (like, if he were less stubborn, we likely wouldn't have Romeo goddamn Crennel as our coach right now).

Stanley Nickels
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I liked the head-scratching 4th-and-whatever fakes/plays/etc.

LMAO

aturnis
11-09-2012, 11:51 AM
2011 was the strike-shortened preseason. Every team had the same amount of time to prepare their guys; that the Chiefs appeared the least prepared, and experienced so many injuries, can't simply fall on the GMs shoulders, much though we'd like it to be that way.

Regarding the coaching philosophy: certainly much of the criticism of Haley not being able to coach his own game is attributable to Pioli. He either should've complemented Haley's style by bringing in players more suitable to those strategies, or hired a different coach. That said, there is a large responsibility by any head coach to be flexible, to adapt to your team when the team isn't suited to what you'd most like to do. That is a criticism of Haley's stubbornness (which, of course, can be a great character trait in a coach) as much as it is Pioli's personnel management.

I really dislike that there is such a divisive and polar mentality in some of these threads. Simply posting what I believe are valid critiques of Haley does not mean I thought he was a poor coach. Likewise, criticisms of Haley are not endorsements of Pioli. Were I to choose, I'd much rather Haley here right now than Pioli; I just wish we wouldn't deify Haley as a world-beater when there were many problems he caused that led to our current situation (like, if he were less stubborn, we likely wouldn't have Romeo goddamn Crennel as our coach right now).

What are those examples though? Can't throw downfield with Cassel or what?

FAX
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
There was method to Haley's madness. He had flaws, no question ... but he was learning on the job and his strengths far outweighed his weaknesses. Eventually, Haley will be a very fine head coach somewhere ... it just won't be with the Chiefs.

FAX

Stanley Nickels
11-09-2012, 12:35 PM

For one, yeah. Much of Haley's offense was co-opted by Weiss, and it's unfair to say that either was responsible for the success we saw in 2010, although the evidence would weigh in favor of Weiss given what we saw in 2011. Even so, let's say it was Haley's scheme... it arguably worked to an extent, as defenses had to respect (however little) the long ball. Once other teams saw that Cassel provided absolutely no threat to go long, defenses adjusted and started cheating towards the runs and slants. Now, credit there goes to Haley for forcing the teams to respect the pass; criticism for him is also warranted, as he essentially showed his hand in demonstrating the lack of ability from Cassel. Again, that is far more on Pioli (having signed Cassel) than Haley; but Haley's refusal to adjust to make Cassel's passing seem better (calling more midrange passes) ended up hurting this team in the long-run. Again, this is not a huge criticism of Haley, but it is an example of his unwillingness to change his philosophy based on the players he had.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 12:37 PM
The only real issue I have/had with Haley was Dexter. That was his guy. :(

Woodchuck
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

He tried to throw downfield with Cassel and he is making Rothlesberger throw short. That's pretty much Haley in a nutshell imo.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
He tried to throw downfield with Cassel and he is making Rothlesberger throw short. That's pretty much Haley in a nutshell imo.

http://i.imgur.com/FO3wq.gif

aturnis
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM

You mean he has Big Ben on track for one of the best seasons of his career?

Woodchuck
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
There was method to Haley's madness. He had flaws, no question ... but he was learning on the job and his strengths far outweighed his weaknesses. Eventually, Haley will be a very fine head coach somewhere ... it just won't be with the Chiefs.

FAX

He tried to "revolutionize" the game. He was so full of himself and that was part of his major downfall. It was the three man playcalling system and the cardio training camp. There are reasons every team in the league does some things the same way. There wasn't always a method to his madness.

Woodchuck
11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
You mean he has Big Ben on track for one of the best seasons of his career?

In what? Passing rating? Is it just me or did Haley make the most explosive offense in the NFL non explosive? You don't pigeon hole a guy like Rothlesberger imo. I think it will bite him in the ass.

aturnis
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
For one, yeah. Much of Haley's offense was co-opted by Weiss, and it's unfair to say that either was responsible for the success we saw in 2010, although the evidence would weigh in favor of Weiss given what we saw in 2011. Even so, let's say it was Haley's scheme... it arguably worked to an extent, as defenses had to respect (however little) the long ball. Once other teams saw that Cassel provided absolutely no threat to go long, defenses adjusted and started cheating towards the runs and slants. Now, credit there goes to Haley for forcing the teams to respect the pass; criticism for him is also warranted, as he essentially showed his hand in demonstrating the lack of ability from Cassel. Again, that is far more on Pioli (having signed Cassel) than Haley; but Haley's refusal to adjust to make Cassel's passing seem better (calling more midrange passes) ended up hurting this team in the long-run. Again, this is not a huge criticism of Haley, but it is an example of his unwillingness to change his philosophy based on the players he had.

I'm really just wondering, not trying to be a dick, but is that the only example?

aturnis
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
In what? Passing rating? Is it just me or did Haley make the most explosive offense in the NFL non explosive? You don't pigeon hole a guy like Rothlesberger imo. I think it will bite him in the ass.

Riiight. The TD/INT ratio doesn't matter at all... 4:1 ain't bad.

Not to mention that Rothlesberger has taken at least 40 sacks/year since 2006 except for 2010 when he only played in 12 games... Or that since 2006, he's only played one 16 game season. I'd say keeping your best offensive player on the field is a good thing.

BlackHelicopters
11-09-2012, 01:01 PM
You are not gay unless it moves when you think of Haley.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Actually, Haley's philosphy of short/intermediate throws works quite well with the personnel that Pitt has. They have 2 guys in Brown and Wallace who are absolutely fantastic in making YAC.

Woodchuck
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Riiight. The TD/INT ratio doesn't matter at all... 4:1 ain't bad.

Not to mention that Rothlesberger has taken at least 40 sacks/year since 2006 except for 2010 when he only played in 12 games... Or that since 2006, he's only played one 16 game season. I'd say keeping your best offensive player on the field is a good thing.

Ben won them two superbowls out of three. If they don't make the playoffs, it will be because Ben isn't playing "his game." Which involves breaking plays, running around, and throwing deep.

Not only that, Haley has the fastest WR in the league and he isn't even using him right.

I agree that Haley sold the Rooney's on keeping Ben upright in his interview but, he is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole again imo.

Haley was given a silver platter and he's eating a spam sandwich off it imo.

Screw the stats. It's about winning imo.

Also, he has never known how to run the ball...

http://uglyfours.com/storage/RUNGAMEZEROTRAV.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1350124680126

Woodchuck
11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
This was the best imo. He was had gone mental by the time he left KC. What a nut.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/40765108.jpg

rabblerouser
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Actually, Haley's philosphy of short/intermediate throws works quite well with the personnel that Pitt has. They have 2 guys in Brown and Wallace who are absolutely fantastic in making YAC.

you and your crazy logic...

rabblerouser
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Ben won them two superbowls out of three. If they don't make the playoffs, it will be because Ben isn't playing "his game." Which involves breaking plays, running around, and throwing deep.

Not only that, Haley has the fastest WR in the league and he isn't even using him right.

I agree that Haley sold the Rooney's on keeping Ben upright in his interview but, he is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole again imo.

Haley was given a silver platter and he's eating a spam sandwich off it imo.

Screw the stats. It's about winning imo.

Also, he has never known how to run the ball...

http://uglyfours.com/storage/RUNGAMEZEROTRAV.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1350124680126

Okay, first off, Pittsburg just beat the defending SB champs - they ARE winning.

And their MVP candidate QB hasn't had to even wash his fucking jersey once this season, much less miss any practice or game time due to scraming around for his life...

Now, I won't even address the run comment - other than to say that the Chiefs led the league in rushing in 2010. And that Pitt's top rushers have been out with injuries but the keep leaning on the run with Redmond and a couple other guys...

You don't watch much football, do you??

Todd Haley went into Chicago and won with Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle and an over-the-hill Thomas Jones at RB - without Eric Berry, Jamal Charles, Tony Moeaki, Matt Cassel, etc.

Romeo can't even take the lead WITH all those guys, against WAY worse teams AT Arrowhead.

The Raiders have won at Arrowhead twice now since the last time we won at Arrowhead.

And you try and tell me Haley's NOT a good coach!!???