PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pick a turd

Hammock Parties
11-09-2012, 12:54 PM
You have a playoff game to win. Who's your coach?

Assume QB play is equal. Game is at Arrowhead.

RealSNR
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Uh, since Herm is the only one of those coaches who has won a playoff game, I think he'd be the best option

Sorter
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM
^^This

Hammock Parties
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I will take Gunther. His aggressive streak will beat Herm in the 4th quarter.

Johnny Vegas
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
just a coach? I'd pick Romeo. He's the only one of those coaches with 5 rings.

Bowser
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I choose Hari Kari.

BlackHelicopters
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
One bullet only?

Deberg_1990
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Herm, and its not even close.

Sorter
11-09-2012, 01:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jr0JaXfKj68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Herm, and its not even close.

I never liked the way he played the game not to lose. He didn't play it to win.

Old Dog
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Whoever is coaching the other team

Molitoth
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM
just a coach? I'd pick Romeo. He's the only one of those coaches with 5 rings.

lol yeah ummm okay...

Romeo's rings are just speed bumps going in and out of Cassels ass.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Herm.

He's the only guy on that list that actually won a playoff game.

saphojunkie
11-09-2012, 03:23 PM
One bullet only?

Use it on yourself :)

Johnny Vegas
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
lol yeah ummm okay...

Romeo's rings are just speed bumps going in and out of Cassels ass.

he just asked about coaches not head coaches. :D

BoneKrusher
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
cant pick w/o researching.
cant go wrong with either of these turds, all three are shitty..

Rain Man
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I think Gunther is a bit unfairly maligned as a head coach, to be honest. He wasn't Vince Lombardi, but he was light-years beyond Herm.

Herm would be my bottom choice. Please recall his field goal strategy, and please recall the game against Indy where he went all conservative and punted the ball to Manning in overtime. I'll now give him credit for infusing the team with some talented players, but as a game day coach it's hard to imagine someone worse.

As for Crennel, I can't tell that he's even alive during the games. From my perspective, it seems like he stands there and meditates and the team plays the game and then the final whistle snaps him out of his trance.

So my order of preference would be:

1. Gunther - present and involved in game day, and I don't remember him gumming stuff up with bad decisions.

2. Crennel - gives the pigeons a place to roost, provides no positives and no negatives.

3. Herm - Actively screws up clock management, actively stops drives, doesn't push for scoring, generally makes the team worse on game day.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
LMAO Ain't that some shit. I picked Herm expecting to get blasted, and most of you fuckers did too.

wazu
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Gunther. Seems like he pretty much got what he could out of the team during his two years as HC. Herm would just go insanely conservative and kill us that way. Romeo is just unprepared and in over his head in every way as a head coach. No way should he ever coach another game after this year.

LiveSteam
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Is this a trick question or something ?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Hermines

wazu
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Is this a trick question or something ?

I know. Just pick the one with the best record as a head coach and move on.

Easy 6
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Would you rather get shot in the eye, mouth or temple?

Molitoth
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I think Gunther is a bit unfairly maligned as a head coach, to be honest. He wasn't Vince Lombardi, but he was light-years beyond Herm.

Herm would be my bottom choice. Please recall his field goal strategy, and please recall the game against Indy where he went all conservative and punted the ball to Manning in overtime. I'll now give him credit for infusing the team with some talented players, but as a game day coach it's hard to imagine someone worse.

As for Crennel, I can't tell that he's even alive during the games. From my perspective, it seems like he stands there and meditates and the team plays the game and then the final whistle snaps him out of his trance.

1. Gunther - present and involved in game day, and I don't remember him gumming stuff up with bad decisions.

2. Crennel - gives the pigeons a place to roost, provides no positives and no negatives.

3. Herm - Actively screws up clock management, actively stops drives, doesn't push for scoring, generally makes the team worse on game day.

This is exactly why I picked Gunther.
Rain Man ftw.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I never liked the way he played the game not to lose. He didn't play it to win.

Neither did Marty

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Untracked.

Fuck Gunther.

Psyko Tek
11-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Gunther, we will still lose but the crazy, drunk, german was at least fun to watch

tk13
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Easily Herm. I can't believe you'd pick Gunther. The guy has been in the NFL for like 30 years and I think he's been a part of 3 or 4 playoff wins. And most of those were as Tennessee's LB coach, I do believe.

Easy 6
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Easily Herm. I can't believe you'd pick Gunther. The guy has been in the NFL for like 30 years and I think he's been a part of 3 or 4 playoff wins. And most of those were as Tennessee's LB coach, I do believe.

After some i thought i ended up on Gun.

Say what you will about him, but dont say he was too conservative, you could atleast lose going down fighting.

Herm at Indy in the playoffs sealed his fate with me, nuff said.

Romeo makes Herm look like Field Marshall Clausewitz Von Patton.

Rip off your sleeves, grow a beard and lose like a MAN.

tk13
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
At the same time, Herm once won a playoff game by 41 points. I do believe it was also the only time a Peyton Manning offense was shut out. Ever. That's probably more impressive than anything the other two guys ever did as a head coach.

To give a perspective, the Chiefs have won a playoff game by more than 10 points twice in franchise history.

Canofbier
11-10-2012, 02:19 AM
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about ratemypoo.com (http://www.ratemypoo.com/).

Phobia
11-10-2012, 02:23 AM

All this plus I like to see some emotion out of my head coach. I want him to be pissed and chew some ass when they lose and I want him jumping up and down when they win. I think that's contagious. It's obviously not the only way to coach but I think it makes players want to win if not for pride then for the coach.

Crush
11-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I want to change my vote to cyanide.

Pants
11-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I didn't read the post and thought the point was to pick the biggest turd out of the three.

TinyEvel
11-10-2012, 01:32 PM
DAMMIT! I voted from the homepage sidebar. It said Pick a Turd. I figured it meant the turdiest and chose Romeo. I didn't see the "coach the superbowl" questions. Ohmy.

TEX
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
This was easy. Herm's the only turd that's won one while being a HC.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 06:25 PM
It really puts the fail that this team has disguised as NFL HCs over the last decade+ into perspective.

milkman
11-10-2012, 06:33 PM
This team is a fucking sorry excuse for an NFL franchise.

I hated Marty with unbridled passion.

I hated Gunther even more.

I hated Dick even more than Gunther.

I hated Herman fucking Edwards even more than that.

And Romeo Crennel is the sorriest joke of them all.

CoMoChief
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Gunther.....just because he's the closest thing to Chuck Norris.

KCTitus
11-10-2012, 08:25 PM
This was easy. Herm's the only turd that's won one while being a HC.

Of those three, only Herm made the playoffs with KC.

For those that might have forgotten, KC did not get their first first down until 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Ty Law intercepted Manning and took it to the 5 and KC did NOT score, not even a FG.

While KC has been pretty pathetic in the playoffs, dating back to the last win with Montana (Marty gets no credit, he was on the sideline murmuring something about a gleam), it was Haley's team that actually took a lead in a playoff game in 2010.

whoman69
11-11-2012, 08:26 AM
The thing is I don't think any of these guys could actually lead a team to the playoffs anymore unless they inherit a really talented team.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_K_MTICT2trY/Sdl7vt9eYWI/AAAAAAAAAaA/OlSCM8SH-FI/s400/gun+mouth.jpg

AdumbGuy
11-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Crap, I picked the biggest turd by accident - herm. I think Herm was the worst coach in chiefs history by far.

I think Romeo would come closest to pulling off the win. He's shown that he can gameplan against good teams, even if the execution is horrendous.

Doesn't matter though - all three get you a loss. Herm's probably the most infuriating

Chief Pote
11-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Oops...shoulda opened the thread before voting.

Predarat
11-12-2012, 08:43 AM
This team is a ****ing sorry excuse for an NFL franchise.

I hated Herman ****ing Edwards even more than that.

What about Todd?

AdumbGuy
11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
This team is a ****ing sorry excuse for an NFL franchise.

I hated Herman ****ing Edwards even more than that.

Well, damn son, who did you actually like?

Predarat
11-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I voted Gun.

ChiefMojo
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I would take Herm!

alanm
11-12-2012, 11:33 AM
I voted on this poll from the front page without seeing the question. I thought it was the biggest turd so I picked Romeo.
For leading a team in a playoff game I'd go with Herm.

milkman
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, damn son, who did you actually like?

In the nearly 50 years of being a fan of this team, the only 2 coaching hires I supported since Hank Stram was fired were Marv Levy and Todd Haley.

I also think that both were given a raw deal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I sadly chose the Cunthing One.

alanm
11-12-2012, 11:59 AM
In the nearly 50 years of being a fan of this team, the only 2 coaching hires I supported since Hank Stram was fired were Marv Levy and Todd Haley.

I also think that both were given a raw deal.I'll never, ever forgive them for firing Levy.