PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Romeo Crennel to get tough on turnovers

2bikemike
11-10-2012, 06:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/50965/crennel-to-get-tough-on-turnovers

Romeo Crennel has had it with turnovers.

The Kansas City Chiefs coach has seen his team commit 29 turnovers in half a season. The next closest team in the NFL is Dallas with 19. Kansas City committed 28 turnovers all of last season.

Crennel told reporters Friday he has threatened his players with the loss of playing time if they fumble or throw a bad interception. Crennel said if he deems the turnovers inexcusable, players will stand next to him or on the bench for some plays.

“Sometimes [to emphasize corrections] you basically have to threaten them -- so if you fumble it I’m going to take you out of the game,” Crennel said. “Then they will get the message.”

Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is behind Crennel’s tough-consequences approach.

“I think [Crennel] has addressed the team, he continues to address the team in terms of the importance of turnovers,” Daboll told reporters Friday. “We all know what it is and haven’t done a good enough job with it. He told those guys that if they put it on the ground that maybe they should come over and stand with him for a little bit. He’s their head coach and I support him and we’ve got to do a good job of protecting the football.”

Starter Brady Quinn has not been cleared from suffering a concussion in Week 8. So it may be difficult for Crennel to sit quarterback Matt Cassel -- who has turned the ball over more than most NFL teams this season -- if he throws a bad interception Monday night at Pittsburgh. Crennel has indicated third-string quarterback Ricky Stanzi is not ready to play yet.
Meanwhile, new Kansas City defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs said new starting right cornerback Javier Arenas will be the nickel corner and Jalil Brown will play right cornerback in a nickel package. Arenas takes over as the starter for Stanford Routt, who was cut on Monday.

So in other words everybody will be held accountable except Casshole who is responsible for the majority of the turnovers. :rolleyes:

AussieChiefsFan
11-10-2012, 07:00 AM
be amazing if JC and Cassel both fumble, but only JC is taken out of the game

Easy 6
11-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Yep, tough on turnovers, he can clean up a whole tray of them in minutes.

If Stanzi isnt ready to play a game at this point, when will he be?

farmerchief
11-10-2012, 07:09 AM

Pioli will probably cut Stanzi, as he is not ready to play in a game!:banghead:

Ace Gunner
11-10-2012, 07:10 AM

He's ready to play, he's just not ready to win. re turnovers, It's as if this whole team needs to go back and play a season of pop warner.

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 07:10 AM
if Stanzi isnt ready to play at this point someones not doing their job very well.

Matt Cassel isnt ready either and it's been 4 years.

Ace Gunner
11-10-2012, 07:16 AM
if Stanzi isnt ready to play at this point someones not doing their job very well.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yiJ9fy1qSFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AussieChiefsFan
11-10-2012, 07:16 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yiJ9fy1qSFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>ROFLThat episode was great!

11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
All of Cassels passes will be tipped by the receivers into INTs. All the receivers will be pulled and Cassel will have to hand off to JC until he fumbles. Same for Hillis.

It will be a one man game by halftime.

He will still grade out perfectly as well.

Easy 6
If Stanzi is still so ****ing bad that he's not fit for game duty, cant even be considered for it.... then he's just another indictment of piolis shit drafting and player development.

AussieChiefsFan
All of Cassels passes will be tipped by the receivers into INTs. All the receivers will be pulled and Cassel will have to hand off to JC until he fumbles. Same for Hillis.

It will be a one man game by halftime.Very possible.

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 07:29 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yiJ9fy1qSFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there's not enough turd polish in the world to polish that turd Cassel. ROFL

AussieChiefsFan
11-10-2012, 07:30 AM
there's not enough turd polish in the world to polish that turd Cassel. ROFLLMAO

TLO
11-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Here comes the pain!

AussieChiefsFan
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Here comes the pain!Loving the avatar

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Pioli's prepping for the game Monday:
http://i50.tinypic.com/35k0eie.png

okcchief
11-10-2012, 08:00 AM
How could Stanzi possibly do any worse? If so, why is he on the fucking roster to begin with? This is the worst set of QBs we've ever had and that is saing a lot. At some point Pioli has to be held responible for this shit.

Oh, way to get hard on turnovers after you start 1-7.

JFC

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Oh, way to get hard on turnovers after you start 1-7.

JFC

yep, it's a little too late. ROFL

GloryDayz
11-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Good start (for next year!).... Now, today, please announce that O-linemen getting beat will have consequenses too. Eric "The Non-Gladiator" Winston let's another persone blow by (when it was clearly his assignment), and we ship him back to TX.

2bikemike
11-10-2012, 08:16 AM

I would argue Cassel has had 7 years to get ready and he still isn't ready.

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I would argue Cassel has had 7 years to get ready and he still isn't ready.

i agree, i didnt count his days in NE.

cyborgtable
11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
When I saw this thread I thought of this

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 08:53 AM
When I saw this thread I thought of this

maybe Pioli should change Cassel's name on the roster to Dolly Madison.

Rausch
11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
This should have been said in week 3...

Iowanian
11-10-2012, 08:57 AM
If stanzi isn't ready to play at this point, he never will be. Cut his ass and bring in someone who can play.

Bugeater
11-10-2012, 09:36 AM
How convenient that you don't have anyone to replace the guy that is responsible for the majority of the turnovers.

FAX
11-10-2012, 09:42 AM
If stanzi isn't ready to play at this point, he never will be. Cut his ass and bring in someone who can play.

Which leads to the question; why are we drafting players that will never be ready to play? Or even good enough to try to play? Or even good enough to suit up? Or make the practice squad? Or do anything remotely associated with the game of football?

FAX

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Which leads to the question; why are we drafting players that will never be ready to play? Or even good enough to try to play? Or even good enough to suit up? Or make the practice squad? Or do anything remotely associated with the game of football?

FAX

good question/questions for Pioli.

BoneKrusher
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
maybe Pioli should change Cassel's name on the roster to Dolly Madison.

or maybe Lil Debbie Downer

Buehler445
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
ROFL

It would be hilarious if he actually did sit Cassel and Stanzi lit it up. Hell Stanzi probably won't even be active. So in comes Breaston and does better than Cassel. I'd laugh hard.

Ace Gunner
11-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Pioli's prepping for the game Monday:
http://i50.tinypic.com/35k0eie.png

there now:D

stonedstooge
11-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Dudes on the radio were making fun of this yesterday. According to Roleo, if you fumble or help cause an interception, you're put in timeout and have to stand next to Roleo for a few plays. Likened his new rules with those used in a kindergarten class

Rausch
11-10-2012, 10:06 AM

This.

They keep protecting him like he's some secret weapon they can whip out later.

Uh, no. He's a raw kid who can handle it when you throw him out there or he can't.

But I can see where exposing yet another draft pick as a failure might be detrimental to Pioli's long term aspirations...

Bwana
11-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Dudes on the radio were making fun of this yesterday. According to Roleo, if you fumble or help cause an interception, you're put in timeout and have to stand next to Roleo for a few plays. Likened his new rules with those used in a kindergarten class

Yeah I agree, "Romeo tough" is a relative term. He needs to catch the same bus out of town that Pioli is on.

FAX
11-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Well, that's just silly. If you fumble, you should sit for awhile. In fact, Roleo should have been adhering to this standard from the very beginning ... and with everybody ... Coswell included.

It seems as though it takes Roleo about 8 games to identify a problem and devise a solution ... THAT EVERY OTHER FREAKING COACH IN THE ENTIRE FREAKING LEAGUE ALREADY KNOWS!!!

FAX THE FED UP WITH STUPID COACHES

Munson
11-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Good thing Romeo waited until now to do something about the turnovers.

CaliforniaChief
11-10-2012, 10:19 AM
RAC is a joke. These are the tactics you employ in training camp, not Week 9.

There are a couple of guys on the staff that I like. Emmitt Thomas being one. But Clark has to clean out the whole deal this offseason. Nobody survives. FO or coaching staff.

In my dream world, Marc Ross hires Chip Kelly. But at this point, all I care about is scrubbing away the stench of this regime.

ModSocks
11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
The thread title made me laugh.

BlackHelicopters
11-10-2012, 11:18 AM
3.5 turnovers per game is bad. Mmmkay. How does RAC still have open arteries? One of life's great mysteries.

2bikemike
11-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Now all we need to do is put RC and Fat Scott on permanent time out and we'll be good to go!

Oh Snap
11-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Why did we draft him if he is not ready to play? I understand that there is a learning curb when you come into this league...but we drafted Stanzi last year. You have rookie QBs starting this year for teams and playing well. I'm not saying Stanzi is on the same level as RGIII or Luck, but at this point, I don't see why we shouldn't see what we have in Stanzi. We're 1-7 what could possibly go wrong by having Stanzi as our QB?

FlaChief58
11-10-2012, 02:15 PM
This should have been said in the offseason...

FYP

Deberg_1990
11-10-2012, 02:16 PM
So hes ready to get tough on turnovers huh?

Shouldnt he have been ready back in preseason?

BossChief
11-10-2012, 02:19 PM
What a clueless staff.

Cassel averages almost 3 turnovers per game and the offense cant score at all...and yet Romeo thinks Stanzi isnt ready to play?

But Cassel is?

I cant wait for this complete house cleaning of money stealing Patriot way bitches.

FlaChief58
11-10-2012, 02:21 PM
As much as I'd like to see Stanzi out there, this week is not the week to do so IMO. Let Casshole take the punnishment from the Steelers D this week then start Stanzi against the bungles

BossChief
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
As much as I'd like to see Stanzi out there, this week is not the week to do so IMO. Let Casshole take the punnishment from the Steelers D this week then start Stanzi against the bungles

I dont agree. Let the kid take his licks and see how he responds.

There is no better way to start your NFL career than against a team like the Steelers. It would allow the coaches lots of stuff to work on with the kid and show him what Pittsburgh was trying to do to him so he can identify it next time.

Whats the point of playing Cassel when he is averaging almost 3 turnovers per game and is inept as a passer?...even a bigger factor is his 8 million salary next year for a guy that was benched this year.

If they arent gonna play him this year, just release him.

FlaChief58
11-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I dont agree. Let the kid take his licks and see how he responds.

There is no better way to start your NFL career than against a team like the Steelers. It would allow the coaches lots of stuff to work on with the kid and show him what Pittsburgh was trying to do to him so he can identify it next time.

Whats the point of playing Cassel when he is averaging almost 3 turnovers per game and is inept as a passer?...even a bigger factor is his 8 million salary next year for a guy that was benched this year.

If they arent gonna play him this year, just release him.

I agree they should play him but, feeding him to the Steelers in his first start would scar the kid for life

Easy 6
11-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree they should play him but, feeding him to the Steelers in his first start would scar the kid for life

Like i've said before, if one game kills his football confidence he wouldnt have been any damn good anyway.

TEX
11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
A little late for all of it. Do these IDIOTS know what preseason is for?

Red Beans
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Like i've said before, if one game kills his football confidence he wouldnt have been any damn good anyway.

I totally agree. And if there's a coaching and/or GM change this offseason, he may get kicked to the curb anyway. It's time for these fringe guys to see some action and respond, because depending on the incoming philosophy many of them won't be here anyway.

And why might a coach and/or GM play one of their draftees in light of the fact they're probably on the way out? To add a little silver lining to their giant turd cloud.

"Yeah, Daboll ate some shit in KC, but Stanzi played well in his system."
Or,
"Sure Pioli was a complete clusterfuck of a human being during his time in KC, but hey look he drafted Stanzi, and the kid looks pretty good."

If he plays and looks like shit, not one fuck will be given by anyone. It'll be, "well, that's par for the course..."

Easy 6
11-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I totally agree. And if there's a coaching and/or GM change this offseason, he may get kicked to the curb anyway. It's time for these fringe guys to see some action and respond, because depending on the incoming philosophy many of them won't be here anyway.

And why might a coach and/or GM play one of their draftees in light of the fact they're probably on the way out? To add a little silver lining to their giant turd cloud.

"Yeah, Daboll ate some shit in KC, but Stanzi played well in his system."
Or,
"Sure Pioli was a complete cluster**** of a human being during his time in KC, but hey look he drafted Stanzi, and the kid looks pretty good."

If he plays and looks like shit, not one **** will be given by anyone. It'll be, "well, that's par for the course..."

Yep, nary a decision this regime has made makes a lick of sense.

They cant get out of their own way.

Luke
11-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I thought interceptions were BAD inhierintly? What is the definition of a GOOD interception? One thrown by MC?

Easy 6
11-10-2012, 05:12 PM
DRASTIC! - for everyone but Cosmo that is...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/romeo-rule-chiefs-bench-player-turns-ball-over-204800363--nfl.html

Simply Red
11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
This team acts like if they make rearrangements w/in the actual team, it's going to create different results.

They need to just flush this roster and FO down the toilet and start over, YET again!

BossChief
11-10-2012, 05:25 PM

absolutely.

For a quarterback to be considered a "franchise quarterback" he has to be a guy that you feel can overcome the adversity that comes in big games and in the playoffs.

If a game against the Steelers crushes the kid, he was never gonna be anything special anyway.

Id rather see him play against a premier team than a shitty one.

bevischief
11-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Cassel, Stanzi, Cassel, Stanzi, Cassel, Stanzi, Cassel, Stanzi,Cassel, Stanzi,Cassel, Stanzi,

Marcellus
11-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I saw RAC kill a whole tray of turnovers once at Dixie Stampede.

BossChief
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I saw RAC kill a whole tray of turnovers once at Dixie Stampede.

ahhahahaha

For some reason, this post made me laugh out loud.

rep

BossChief
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Im not sayin, Im just sayin.....

ThaVirus
11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
He benched Draughn for muffing the kickoff and he didn't even turn it over.

I honestly can't wait to see how he tries to spin this one.

Oh Snap
11-12-2012, 10:59 PM
If we are to take Romeo at his word, Stanzi will be our starting QB next week?!

BossChief
11-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Indeed.

I hope somebody brings this up in a press conference...that was a stupid fucking pass that cost the team the football game.

Now, with 8 losses and a homegame coming up next...will Romeo stand behind his word?

ping2000
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
QB rating of 46. Damn he sucks balls.

thabear04
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
If we are to take Romeo at his word, Stanzi will be our starting QB next week?!

Well draughn mess up in the Kickoff and Wylie replace him unless he got hurt.