PDA

View Full Version : KSU The sad thing about K-state football is..

synthesis2
11-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Once bill snyder retires or has health issues and has to retire (which could come at any time)
The program goes back to being an average team in college football.

I like the cats but the more and more you watch snyder make chicken salad out of chicken @#@# it makes you just appreciate what you have now.

because in the next few years they are going to go back to being an afterthought.

I mean Manhattan Kansas? who wants to live there outside of people that live in Kansas city or in Kansas? Right now more because of snyder but once he is gone the program goes back to mediocrity.

It would be tough for someone to make an argument that he isn't one of the top 10 coaches to ever coach college football. Not wins and losses as much as what he can do with such average talent.

You give this squad to pinkel and you are looking at a .500 team at best

And even if the program is doing well when he retires it will never be a sexy school for kids to go to.

Its good feeling good about k state now but its going to suck in a few years when we are back to the ron prices of the world etc.

Reaper16
11-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Just don't hire RonP and you'll be fine.

DaFace
11-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Meh...you never know what might happen. This isn't that different than the Colts a few years ago watching Manning get older. You just have to hope that eventually they'll be able to find their Andrew Luck of a coach.

Saul Good
11-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Original thoughts require original threads. Bravo

FlaChief58
11-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Just enjoy the moment for now. There will be plenty of time to worry about the other shit later

Crush
11-11-2012, 10:44 AM
You could just clone him and never have to worry about it.

ChiefMojo
11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm just enjoying the moment now. With the new stadium additions and everything else being planned I think KSU football is in good hands going forth. We may never see the dominance of the Bill Snyder era again but I think KSU can be a perennial 7-9 win type program with a good coach. My hope is that Jim Leavitt takes over after Bill Snyder retires (whenever that is).

TEX
11-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Just enjoy the moment. No guarantees in life. I've experienced similar circumstances with University of Houston football, except we lose outstanding coaches to other Texas teams. THAT BLOWS!

GloryDayz
11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not a K-State fan, but what that man can do with his players is simply amazing. He'll never get the proper credit by the MSM, and that's sad.

My hats off to him and his program.

As for the day he departs, wow, if I were a K-State fan, I'd worry too. Just enjoy this while it last. For us on the MO side of the line, we get Gary (!!!!!), we all get to live life knowing he'll never get it done for the great state of MO but they'll stick with him just the same. So I chose to stick with Navy as my #1... Regardless of their play, you know you have some of the best kids in the world suiting up for you on those Saturdays. You know they'll do great things when they graduate. And you know on those Saturdays, for them and the country, their best days are ahead of them.

Go Navy, beat Army....

notorious
11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
That's why this season is so important. If they can pull off a miracle and win it all, it will help them get some players and make it a little more attractive to a good coach.

I am not holding my breath, though.

Molitoth
11-11-2012, 11:12 AM

he has a kid who helps and watches him work everyday.

KevB
11-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Somebody's not happy that the Wildcats are getting all this positive attention.....

TribalElder
11-11-2012, 11:35 AM
They will likely play the ducks for the title

BlackHelicopters
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM

They are cloning sheep now.

notorious
11-11-2012, 11:51 AM
They are cloning sheep now.

I am going to say something that everyone already knows:

KSU has a lot better chance against Oregon than any of the SEC teams.

MahiMike
11-11-2012, 11:51 AM
So take care of business while you have the chance. I was sooo glad Alabama finally got beat. The door is open.

WilliamTheIrish
11-11-2012, 12:07 PM
LMAO

RealSNR
11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I hear Turner Gill is available

Titty Meat
11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
By the time Snyder is done Pinkel could be out there.

Coach
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Not going to happen. I think he'll fit right in Nebraska though.

notorious
11-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Not going to happen. I think he'll fit right in Nebraska though.

You guys........

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4899716645650496&pid=15.1

Spott
11-11-2012, 04:02 PM
At worst they'll still be the best team in the state.

teedubya
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I've said this a few times already, but Bill Snyder deserves a championship. He also deserves the HOF for college football. If he wins this championship... they need to make a movie about him.

Reaper16
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I've said this a few times already, but Bill Snyder deserves a championship. He also deserves the HOF for college football. If he wins this championship... they need to make a movie about him.

That movie would be boring as shit.

BlackHelicopters
11-11-2012, 04:31 PM

I deserve 5 million Obama dollars.

ChiTown
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Once bill snyder retires or has health issues and has to retire (which could come at any time)
The program goes back to being an average team in college football.

I like the cats but the more and more you watch snyder make chicken salad out of chicken @#@# it makes you just appreciate what you have now.

because in the next few years they are going to go back to being an afterthought.

I mean Manhattan Kansas? who wants to live there outside of people that live in Kansas city or in Kansas? Right now more because of snyder but once he is gone the program goes back to mediocrity.

It would be tough for someone to make an argument that he isn't one of the top 10 coaches to ever coach college football. Not wins and losses as much as what he can do with such average talent.

You give this squad to pinkel and you are looking at a .500 team at best

And even if the program is doing well when he retires it will never be a sexy school for kids to go to.

Its good feeling good about k state now but its going to suck in a few years when we are back to the ron prices of the world etc.

Bravo

A massively retarded post. Grats

Chiefshrink
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
They will likely play the ducks for the title

Hope so because Synder will shut that PAC SH** down:thumb:

Imon Yourside
11-11-2012, 11:54 PM

FORTHMEAL BIDGES!!!!!!!!!

Demonpenz
11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
It's all because he grew up on St. Joseph Avenue in JoeTown. We preach values and toughness like no where else. Cause if you don't go that extra mile you won't be able to feed your kids a 6 pack and a pound from Taco Johns.

Braincase
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Won't Snyder's kid take over?

WilliamTheIrish
11-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Won't Snyder's kid take over?

Currie probably wants to make his own hire before he leaves for an SEC job.

HemiEd
11-12-2012, 10:33 AM

Really? Do you remember how bad the program was before he took over?

They were ranked lower than Wichita State in Street and Smiths, and WSU didn't even have a football program any longer.

Bill Snyder should be put up there with the Bear Bryants and Knute Rockne's of the world.
Snyder continues to overachieve with lesser talent.

Without a doubt, he is the greatest College coach of my lifetime. I would buy the movie.

YourMult
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
If the Cornhuskers can get players to come to a dump like Lincoln, K-State can do the same in a dump like Manhattan.

Reaper16
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Really? Do you remember how bad the program was before he took over?

They were ranked lower than Wichita State in Street and Smiths, and WSU didn't even have a football program any longer.

Bill Snyder should be put up there with the Bear Bryants and Knute Rockne's of the world.
Snyder continues to overachieve with lesser talent.

Without a doubt, he is the greatest College coach of my lifetime. I would buy the movie.

Bill Snyder is a boring personality. His character would not make for an entertaining feature-length film.

The Bill Snyder story will be best represented in a book, not a movie.

Coach
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Bill Snyder is a boring personality. His character would not make for an entertaining feature-length film.

The Bill Snyder story will be best represented in a book, not a movie.

There is a book about Bill Snyder (minus the rehire)

http://www.kcisports.com/images/Snyder_sm.png

Reaper16
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
There is a book about Bill Snyder (minus the rehire)

http://www.kcisports.com/images/Snyder_sm.png

Is it any good? I mean a serious book of literary journalism. Something that can take the time to properly deliver the story. That cover design is not inspiring.

Coach
11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it any good? I mean a serious book of literary journalism. Something that can take the time to properly deliver the story. That cover design is not inspiring.

It basically talks about HCBS's life growing up as a kid, how he reflected his younger years as a graduate assistant at USC, before going to North Texas to be Hayden Fry's right hand man and the move to Iowa, as well as his time in Manhattan.

Amazon customer reviews (9 of them) gave it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. Granted, I am a K-State fan, but even with my bias aside, it is a good book. Great book for business and/or coaches to read. A lot of stuff in there that I didn't know.

Braincase
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I remember what KSU was like before Snyder. He's the greatest living coach in college football, without question, and quite possible the greatest coach in the history of the game. He simply walked into Mordor and turned Sauron into his prison bitch.

WilliamTheIrish
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM

It's ok, if you're a shirt tucking booster.

The book "I" want to read is the one where Snyder stands in front of a podium during a team meeting and says: "So, I understand we had 23 players... TWENTY THREE FUCKING SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS miss fucking class today!!! Why the fuck do you think that's ok"?

There are hundreds of player stories like this out there. And those need to be woven into a book about what the old guy had to put up with from 18-22 year old low digit IQ types.

Reaper16
11-12-2012, 02:40 PM

The book "I" want to read is the one where Snyder stands in front of a podium during a team meeting and says: "So, I understand we had 23 players... TWENTY THREE FUCKING SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS miss fucking class today!!! Why the fuck do you think that's ok"?

There are hundreds of player stories like this out there. And those need to be woven into a book about what the old guy had to put up with from 18-22 year old low digit IQ types.

Yes. Absolutely.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM

The book "I" want to read is the one where Snyder stands in front of a podium during a team meeting and says: "So, I understand we had 23 players... TWENTY THREE ****ING SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS miss ****ing class today!!! Why the **** do you think that's ok"?

I forget the game, but I love the story of Bill in the locker room at half time telling them that if they give up any more points he's going to blow his head off with a shotgun.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Sad thing about Natalie Portman is she'll be old and gross in 60 years.

HemiEd
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Sad thing about Natalie Portman is she'll be old and gross in 60 years.

Just a guess, but wrong thread?

vailpass
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Just a guess, but wrong thread?

My misguided attempt at an analogy to say 'why worry about later for KSU football instead of just enjoying it while still in it's prime?'

Coach
11-12-2012, 05:21 PM
My misguided attempt at an analogy to say 'why worry about later for KSU football instead of just enjoying it while still in it's prime?'

That's how I am treating it. I honestly can say that I didn't think K-State would come close to reaching 1998 level type of a year, where they were just so close to make it to the NC game.

They had several years afterwards '98 where they were legit good, just either it was injuries, dumb decisions or what not that derailed their possible NC run. But it wasn't just the same as it was in '98.

I will say that if K-State beat Baylor this weekend, December 1st will possibly be the biggest game in the state of Kansas. Think '98 against Nebraska but on cocaine.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
That's how I am treating it. I honestly can say that I didn't think K-State would come close to reaching 1998 level type of a year, where they were just so close to make it to the NC game.

They had several years afterwards '98 where they were legit good, just either it was injuries, dumb decisions or what not that derailed their possible NC run. But it wasn't just the same as it was in '98.

I will say that if K-State beat Baylor this weekend, December 1st will possibly be the biggest game in the state of Kansas. Think '98 against Nebraska but on cocaine.

I'd sure as hell enjoy it if I were you.

Coach
11-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I'd sure as hell enjoy it if I were you.

Absolutely will. Bought season tickets with my brother, sister, and we all chipped in together for my mother's ticket as a present for her birthday/mothers day before the season began.

I'd probably would almost venture to say by and large, it would probably be the best birthday present she could ever asked for, and we all had no idea that K-State was going to be BCS #1 to begin with, let alone possibly playing for the National Fucking Championship.

God... I really really hope we beat Baylor...

CoMoChief
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
He's done an outstanding job this season.....and has had a hell of a career considering what KSU was before he got to Manhattan.

I'm rooting for KSU to do well. Snyder deserves a NC. And what a way to end a storied coaching career.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
On behalf of KU, congrats to KSU on their success and pending success. Ya'll deserve it and I hope this dream season continues and ends the way you hope it does.

vailpass
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Absolutely will. Bought season tickets with my brother, sister, and we all chipped in together for my mother's ticket as a present for her birthday/mothers day before the season began.

I'd probably would almost venture to say by and large, it would probably be the best birthday present she could ever asked for, and we all had no idea that K-State was going to be BCS #1 to begin with, let alone possibly playing for the National ****ing Championship.

God... I really really hope we beat Baylor...

Very nice. Good for you guys.

Raiderhater
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I forget the game, but I love the story of Bill in the locker room at half time telling them that if they give up any more points he's going to blow his head off with a shotgun.

And people think it would be a boring movie... :)

Setsuna
11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Bring em to the SEC!!!!