PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Pioli be fired before the blackout?

Hammock Parties
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
My gut feeling is he will be shown the door before the next game.

Molitoth
Ummmm no lol. I only wish.

Bwana
No

the Talking Can
11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
no, clark doesn't give a shit

he's already given him a new contract

Hoover
11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
How is this different than after the MNF game?

Buehler445
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
No. Trying for the reverse mojo.

hometeam
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
please please pleassseeee

Chief Roundup
11-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Still not convinced that Clark will fire Pioli at all let alone during the season.

okcchief
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
He won't be fired until the season is over if then. I've never wanted you to be right more than I do now.

Boss Hog
11-12-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think he will but he should be.

BossChief
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Would Lamar Hunt have fired Scott Pioli after 4 similar years to start his time in KC?

Honestly, if the team got embarrased in this game, I firmly believe that Pioli would be out...but the way the game played out probably bought Pioli at least a few more weeks and likely till the end of the year.

My prediction will probably fail.

I hope it turns out to be right, though.

Caseyguyrr
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
nope. as much as i want it to happen i fear that it never will

Boss Hog
Would Lamar Hunt have fired Scott Pioli after 4 similar years to start his time in KC?

Without a doubt. He would have been gone two years ago.

Caseyguyrr

yes

chiefs1111
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Nope

milkman
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM

yes

Really?

Lamar Hunt never fired Jack Steadman.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
These polls are useless. Nobody is being fired before the end of the season.

1ChiefsDan
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Fuck no. These douche nozzles don't give a fuck what the fans think.

The $$ are pouring in due to TV contracts. Fans don't have a voice anymore.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM

No disrespect whatsoever to the guys that have already answered my question...but can I get an old schooler to shoot me an answer with some thoughts behind it, please.

Guys that lived through the dark years of the mid 70s to late 80s.

How did Lamar deal with his GMs during those times?

Would he have fired Pioli after a 4 year stretch like this one?

Id like to think he would, but I have heard over and over about how loyal the guy was.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Really?

Lamar Hunt never fired Jack Steadman.

From what Ive read...Jack was similar to Scott. Was decent at getting talent but couldnt put the whole picture together.

Feel free to call me a dumbass and offer a full explanation as to why.

Its hard to get a read on whats written by non fans and I trust most of your opinions, man.

Much appreciated, in advance.

FYI to those that dont know, Jack Steadman worked for KC from 1960 till 2007...meaning he won championships and that could be the reason Lamar kept him around so long..even though he wasnt the GM the whole time.

1ChiefsDan
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM

LMFAO

Are you 10? Look at the Chiefs history. They don't fire anyone until 10 or 20 year past the time they should.

I hope my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

tk13
No disrespect whatsoever to the guys that have already answered my question...but can I get an old schooler to shoot me an answer with some thoughts behind it, please.

Id like to think he would, but I have heard over and over about how loyal the guy was.

I wasn't even alive for part of this, but the Chiefs had one GM between Steadman and Carl Peterson. One. Uno. Less than two.

milkman

I already answered your question.

Jack Steadman ran this team for the better part of 20 years of losing, and Hunt never fired him.

Steadman removed himself against the wishes of Lamar hunt.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2012, 12:07 AM
1-10 after that mark Clark will either ax motherfuckers, or do completely nothing from that point till the end of the season.Then we will hear about the Pioli extension during the offseason if the latter is true .

1ChiefsDan
I already answered your question.

Jack Steadman ran this team for the better part of 20 years of losing, and Hunt never fired him.

Steadman removed himself against the wishes of Lamar hunt.

X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Chief Roundup
If the team avoids turnovers like it did tonight and plays hard like they did tonight there are a couple of truly winnable games left.
I am afraid if the team plays out like they did tonight we will have Pioli and Crennel next season.

tk13
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Look on the bright side, we only have about 16 more years of Pioli, and then we can get a new GM.

notorious
Milkman's post is going to make me puke.......

Lamar let him run the franchise while losing for that long? Oh God........

1ChiefsDan
1-10 after that mark Clark will either ax mother****ers or do completely nothing from that point till the end of the season.Then we will hear about the Pioli extension during the offseason.

You're FIRED! Or, you're not!

:spock:

milkman
11-13-2012, 12:10 AM
From what Ive read...Jack was similar to Scott. Was decent at getting talent but couldnt put the whole picture together.

Feel free to call me a dumbass and offer a full explanation as to why.

Its hard to get a read on whats written by non fans and I trust most of your opinions, man.

Much appreciated, in advance.

FYI to those that dont know, Jack Steadman worked for KC from 1960 till 2007...meaning he won championships and that could be the reason Lamar kept him around so long..even though he wasnt the GM the whole time.

There are others who have a better understanding than I do about those years, since I lived in California, and we didn't have access to info like we do now.

But from where I sat, he hired some really bad coaches, and the only that offered a glimmer of hope was fire after a strike shortened season, after 4 years of progress in a league where rebuilds did take at least 5 years.

Tribal Warfare
You're FIRED! Or, you're not!

:spock:

Yep, if he doesn't get fired after the 1-10 mark, and is sitting pretty in February the movement is fucked.

1ChiefsDan
If the team avoids turnovers like it did tonight and plays hard like they did tonight there are a couple of truly winnable games left.
I am afraid if the team plays out like they did tonight we will have Pioli and Crennel next season.

Kill it with fire. AIDS FIRE, BUNKER BUSTER FIRE

I don't care how it is killed. JUST DIE!

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Milkman's post is going to make me puke.......

Lamar let him run the franchise while losing for that long? Oh God........

Im not sure that shows much though.

Unless I read things wrong, Jack Steadman built the 4 championship Chiefs teams (counting the 1 superbowl win)

I guess I can understand having a long leash for a guy that did that much for you.

Pioli really hasnt done squat.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:16 AM
There are others who have a better understanding than I do about those years, since I lived in California, and we didn't have access to info like we do now.

But from where I sat, he hired some really bad coaches, and the only that offered a glimmer of hope was fire after a strike shortened season, after 4 years of progress in a league where rebuilds did take at least 5 years.

Why did he get fired then and who are you referencing?

I want to try and do some research to try and gauge what Clark might do.

I was positive that Pittsburgh was gonna destroy the fuck out of us and that Clark would then fire Pioli tomorrow out of sheer embarrassment...but it didnt play out that way.

milkman
11-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Why did he get fired then and who are you referencing?

I want to try and do some research to try and gauge what Clark might do.

I was positive that Pittsburgh was gonna destroy the **** out of us and that Clark would then fire Pioli tomorrow out of sheer embarrassment...but it didnt play out that way.

Again, I was in California, so the news was just pretty much that he was fired with no details.

It was Marv Levy.

Munson
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Should he be fired before the blackout? Yes

Will he be fired before the blackout? No

Romeo kept the game close enough to save everybody's ass from getting fired this week.

ChiefsCountry
11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Steadman was the business guy, it was Jim Schaaf who was the general manager.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Jack Steadmans page on Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Steadman)

Steadman – the franchise’s first general manager – also served as executive vice president, president, vice chairman and chairman in his 47 years with the Chiefs. He won four championships as general manager including the team’s Super Bowl IV title.[1] Steadman and Lamar Hunt were at the forefront of the move to merge the AFL into the NFL.

Steadman was named General Manager to Executive Vice President and General Manager in 1966; in August 1976 he was named President of the Chiefs; and in 1989 was named Chairman of the Board. During Steadman's term as President (1976–1989), the Chiefs entered a period of decline in which they never entered the playoffs for 15 years and only had four winning seasons.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Lamar Hunt (August 2, 1932 – December 13, 2006)

Steadman retired as Vice Chairman of the Chiefs on January 31, 2007 after being in the organization for over four decades, dating to their days as the American Football League's Dallas Texans.[

Imon Yourside
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Does a bear shit in an outhouse in the woods?

FAX
11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
What Lamar did and what Clark will do are only remotely related ... if at all.

Clark knows that you are what your record says you are. He also knows that, after 4 years, we should be much, much more competitive. We have no significant injuries to blame ... no crazy coach ... no strike season ... so the arrow is pointing directly at Dr. Evil and his minions. I think the odds are pretty good right now that Dr. Evil won't make it through the season ... higher that he'll be gone at or near the end of the year.

FAX

1ChiefsDan
11-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Steadman was the business guy, it was Jim Schaaf who was the general manager.

Jack Steadmans page on Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Steadman)

Steadman – the franchise’s first general manager – also served as executive vice president, president, vice chairman and chairman in his 47 years with the Chiefs. He won four championships as general manager including the team’s Super Bowl IV title.[1] Steadman and Lamar Hunt were at the forefront of the move to merge the AFL into the NFL.

Steadman was named General Manager to Executive Vice President and General Manager in 1966; in August 1976 he was named President of the Chiefs; and in 1989 was named Chairman of the Board. During Steadman's term as President (1976–1989), the Chiefs entered a period of decline in which they never entered the playoffs for 15 years and only had four winning seasons.

"oh snap gif"

11-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Yep, if he doesn't get fired after the 1-10 mark, and is sitting pretty in February the movement is ****ed.

Yeah, I hate the idea of this movement ultimately losing.

Dayze
11-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Nope.

Clark sticking to the Process.

the Talking Can
11-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Petro stroking out about "the clown-fest"

ROFL

bobbything
11-13-2012, 10:17 AM
My gut feeling is he will be shown the door before the next game.
Obviously you missed Cassel's 4th down completion to set up the game tying field goal.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 10:18 AM
No, I think Pioli got an extension last summer. Him and RAC are here for at least two more years.

Daboll will be the one to get the axe this year.

I hope I am wrong about Pioli and RAC.

Red Beans
11-13-2012, 10:31 AM
No, I think Pioli got an extension last summer. Him and RAC are here for at least two more years.

Daboll will be the one to get the axe this year.

I hope I am wrong about Pioli and RAC.

You do your damnedest to ruin every thread you touch. I'm pretty much a lurker, but Jesus fucking Christ I find you terribly intolerable without even engaging you in discussion.

It's not as if this statement is that bad, and my reaction is a bit of a response to your collective presence, I simply cannot take your idiocy any longer. There is no way on God's green earth Romeo is back next year... No way.

Reaper16
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
The media climate back then (wrt Lamar and Jack Steadman) was not what it is now. Hot seats just weren't as hot back then. Sports radio wasn't what it is today, and ESPN wasn't a thing yet.

Red Beans
11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
The media climate back then (wrt Lamar and Jack Steadman) was not what it is now. Hot seats just weren't as hot back then. Sports radio wasn't what it is today, and ESPN wasn't a thing yet.

There is a great deal of truth to this. The rate at which seats get hot these days isn't even comparable to the 70's and 80's. It's like comparing a campfire to nuclear fusion.

Predarat
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I just hope he is fired by the draft.

whoman69
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
no, clark doesn't give a shit

he's already given him a new contract

If the rumors are true then no way he gets set loose.

Marcellus
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I think he is already done, that's why Clark called Marty for advice. Why else would he be talking to Marty?

Titty Meat
11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I think he is already done, that's why Clark called Marty for advice. Why else would he be talking to Marty?

Marty is friends with the Hunt family.

milkman
11-13-2012, 03:41 PM

For ideas on how to sell Scott Pioli to the fanbase for another 3 years.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if Pioli called Marty to beat Clark to the punch. Maybe we will find out?

Marcellus
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Marty is friends with the Hunt family.

No shit but he has the highest paid GM in the league and he calls Marty for advice? What does that say?

What advice can Marty give you that you wont ask your highly paid GM about? Advice on how to deal with your GM situation maybe?

Also it just occurred to me - Who leaked that call to the press?

Marcellus
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
For ideas on how to sell Scott Pioli to the fanbase for another 3 years.

Not funny. :shake:

Titty Meat
11-13-2012, 03:51 PM
No shit but he has the highest paid GM in the league and he calls Marty for advice? What does that say?

What advice can Marty give you that you wont ask your highly paid GM about? Advice on how to deal with your GM situation maybe?

Also it just occurred to me - Who leaked that call to the press?

Do we have any proof of this other than Bill Maas who is the new Nick Athan?

milkman
11-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Not funny. :shake:

Not trying to be funny.

Think about it.

Marty is still highly respected by the KC fanbase.

Who better to sell the idea to the fanbase than Marty?

Even if Marty isn't the one to bring the message, the fact that it's been leaked that Marty and Clark have talked, if Clark tells the fanbase that after consulting Marty, he reached the decision to extend Pioli, many, if not most, of the sheep will buy in.

Lprechaun
11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Didnt read through the thread but on 610 they brought up a good point. Would Pioli really be traveling around to college games (which reports are that he is) if he is not going to be the one making the future decisions?

Marcellus
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Didnt read through the thread but on 610 they brought up a good point. Would Pioli really be traveling around to college games (which reports are that he is) if he is not going to be the one making the future decisions?

Somebody posted an opinion from an anonymous GM in some article that Pioli was on the road to stay away from Arrowhead, and running from his problems.

Don't remember the thread though.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
I think Pioli called Marty.

I think Pioli leaked the story that Marty and Clark talked.

Who else would have leaked it?

Pioli ahead of the curve.

I hope not but I have seen it before.

Pioli has a new contract and he and RAC are here for a while imo.

Steron
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Not. A. Chance.

Lprechaun
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
RAC is gone after this season. There is too many potential established QBs that Pioli can hitch his wagon to with a new QB. The gobbling up ex players of old coaches or regimes has to stop.
Pioli might get one more year but I dont see it. Maybe he is just doing his due diligence for his next job. He can I guess do all his homework and still have it with him when he interviews for another GM job.
At this point its getting harder and harder to care. I cant imagine living in KC right now... Im surprised people arent picketing non stop at Arrowhead

milkman
11-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Scott Pioli and Marty are such good buddies.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
The Chiefs just played their best game of the year. Why would he get fired now?

Sorter
11-13-2012, 05:08 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ue1wci.gif

Lprechaun
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Just saw the SOC facebook page posted Pioli now has the worst winning percentage of any Chiefs GM

Bugeater
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't have any reason to believe that he will be.

mnchiefsguy
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Had to vote no. If the Chiefs had lost 45-0 last night, then maybe, but I do not see any pink slips being issued at Arrowhead anytime soon, unfortunately.

warpaint*
11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't get the feeling that Pioli is gone. I think he'll get to hire one more coach and draft a franchise QB and make a go of it and he will sink or swim based on those two outcomes. RC is as good as gone as they'll hire someone else to make a fresh start w/ the rookie QB.

Of course that is just a guess. We don't really know for sure what Clark is thinking.

If I had my druthers I'd send Pioli packing too just like most other fans but I'm not sure we're going to get that this yr.

As to whether it works, I have little/no faith in Pioli at this point but depending on who they hire and draft may very well be feeling optimistic about the future come spring.