PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired?

Pages : [1] 2

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2012, 07:19 AM
I say he should have and am glad he is gone.

There he was front and center, the new OC of the Steelers playing Monday night to a national audience and his chance to bury the team that fired him for being the hack that he his. That is the best he could do against a 1-8 team? Those little passes sideways sure reminded me of the good ol days of him in KC. He didn't fool the Chiefs once with that lunacy.

A very poor effort indeed guiding an offense against the worst team in the NFL. His scheme to protect the QB didn't work out to well.

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:20 AM

There he was front and center, the new OC of the Steelers playing Monday night to a national audience and his chance to bury the team that fired him for being the hack that he his. That is the best he could do against a 1-8 team? Those little passes sideways sure reminded me of the good ol days of him in KC. He didn't fool the Chiefs once with that lunacy.

A very poor effort indeed guiding an offense against the worst team in the NFL. His scheme to protect the QB didn't work out to well.

Here!

FAX

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Hell yes I do. He is terrible. Did you see the 3rd and inches to seal the game when he called the HB Draw? Like everyone on earth didn't know that shit was coming. He did that all the time in KC. That play completely summed up Todd Haley imo. He's still doing that stupid shit. ROFL

BoneKrusher
when Haley was here i hated him, especially his play calling but with Romeo running the ship... i miss Him more and more.

Hell, i miss Herm Fucking Edwards even.

htismaqe

And yet, he ended up on the winning side.

Are you SO petty that all you can think about is Todd Haley the day after we lost our 8th game out of 9? Especially since we lost because of STUPID, undisciplined play that Haley would have NEVER allowed?

JFC.

:facepalm:

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Hell yes I do. He is terrible. Did you see the 3rd and inches to seal the game when he called the HB Draw? Like everyone on earth didn't know that shit was coming. He did that all the time in KC. That play completely summed up Todd Haley imo. He's still doing that stupid shit. ROFL

He's a fucking Steeler. He is gone. Get the fuck over it.

Marcellus
Haley was not the issue, with a good GM and personnel he would succeed.

Woodchuck

Are you SO petty that all you can think about is Todd Haley the day after we lost our 8th game out of 9? Especially since we lost because of STUPID, undisciplined play that Haley would have NEVER allowed?

JFC.

Aren't you one of the guys rooting for us to lose?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-13-2012, 07:24 AM
The root of this team's evil is and has always been not addressing the QB position and getting a long term solution at the position. Everyone fails without longterm stability at the position in today's NFL.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM

I don't have to root for them to lose. They'll lose regardless of what I do.

At this point, I could care less what happens on the field.

I'm ready to see what happens in the front office.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:26 AM

By the way, so what if I was? What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

BlackHelicopters
Haley is /was over his head as a HC. He is a coordinator. Replacement for RAC? That is for the brilliant genius of Clark Hunt to decide. Hopefully Pioli is out of the mix.

jd1020
Haley's offense was so bad he allowed the Chiefs to get their first lead of the season.

Revenge!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-13-2012, 07:27 AM
I kind of grinned when Cassel threw the pick....sue me.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:28 AM
By the way, so what if I was? What the **** does that have to do with anything?

When you look at your first post, it has everything to do with it imo.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:32 AM
When you look at your first post, it has everything to do with it imo.

Actually no it doesn't.

My first post was about fans being petty, worrying about a guy that's not here anymore instead of worrying about the guy that SHOULDN'T be here anymore.

Whether I root for them to lose is irrelevant.

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2012, 07:32 AM

JFC.

look jackwad, I will talk about what ever I want and don't give a flying rats behind if you like it or not. Let's talk petty...are you so petty that you have to make comment about someone being petty....get over yourself

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
look jackwad, I will talk about what ever I want and don't give a flying rats behind if you like it or not. Let's talk petty...are you so petty that you have to make comment about someone being petty....get over yourself

ROFL

I hate Todd Haley. He ruined this franchise! :deevee:

Eat shit, tool.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Actually no it doesn't.

My first post was about fans being petty, worrying about a guy that's not here anymore instead of worrying about the guy that SHOULDN'T be here anymore.

Whether I root for them to lose is irrelevant.

So you are bitching at us for feeling passionate about beating the guy who wasted three years of our lives?

Fuck that. You'll be the first guy posting when Bowe scores a TD next year on another team.

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:35 AM
I could present at least half-a-dozen reasonably compelling reasons why Haley wipes his ass with Crennel, but it's all been discussed to death.

The fact is that he has moved on to greener pastures and we are 1-8 and dancing our asses off as the franchise collapses around our ears. The Chiefs have devolved into an absolute laughing stock and I trust the clean-shaven Haley haters are all wearing pristine hats in celebration.

FAX

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
So you are bitching at us for feeling passionate about beating the guy who wasted three years of our lives?

**** that. You'll be the first guy posting when Bowe scores a TD next year on another team.

ROFL

The guy that wasted 3, going on 4, years of your life is STILL IN KANSAS CITY YOU FUCKING MORON.

Todd Haley is irrelevant. :deevee:

JFC :facepalm:

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
I could present at least half-a-dozen reasonably compelling reasons why Haley wipes his ass with Crennel, but it's all been discussed to death.

The fact is that he has moved on to greener pastures and we are 1-8 and dancing our asses off as the franchise collapses around our ears. The Chiefs have devolved into an absolute laughing stock and I trust the clean-shaven Haley haters are all wearing pristine hats in celebration.

FAX

I'm so glad Haley is gone. He was embarrassing. ROFL

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
The Chiefs have devolved into an absolute laughing stock and I trust the clean-shaven Haley haters are all wearing pristine hats in celebration.

FAX

It started with Haley last year. If he had coached the last three games, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
ROFL

I hate Todd Haley. He ruined this franchise! :deevee:

Eat shit, tool.

you have the wittiest come backs

this wasn't about hating Todd Haley. There were several on this board who thought he shouldn't have been fired....I say he should and you didn't have to see too much last night from him to think otherwise.

I don't give two craps about Haley or you

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm so glad Haley is gone. He was embarrassing. ROFL

And what about that nasty beard? Yuckie!!!

FAX

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:39 AM

this wasn't about hating Todd Haley. There were several on this board who thought he shouldn't have been fired....I say he should and you didn't have to see too much last night from him to think otherwise.

If you don't give two craps about Haley, why did you post this? ROFL

Your and idiot.

And that's being kind.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:39 AM
It started with Haley last year. If he had coached the last three games, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

ROFL

You are SO full of shit. SO full of shit.

jd1020
11-13-2012, 07:40 AM

FAX

It's possible that Haley may be marginally better than Crennel. However, they are both dogshit HCs and neither is the answer to developing a winning formula.

Seems like Haley gets treated by some the same way mediocre/bad QBs around the league get treated by KC fans as if we had them as our QB then we'd be SB contenders simply because we have the worst QBs.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
ROFL

The guy that wasted 3, going on 4, years of your life is STILL IN KANSAS CITY YOU ****ING MORON.

Todd Haley is irrelevant. :deevee:

JFC :facepalm:

Pioli is definately next if we are going to fix this. That's pretty much a no brainer but, don't act like we were going anywhere with Haley. He was terrible.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
It's possible that Haley may be marginally better than Crennel. However, they are both dogshit HCs and neither is the answer to developing a winning formula.

Seems like Haley gets treated by some the same way mediocre/bad QBs around the league get treated by KC fans as if we had them as our QB that we'd be SB contenders simply because we have the worst QBs.

Who here thinks Haley is "all that"?

If you notice, I never refuted that he needed to be fired.

That fact we're even talking about Haley is pathetic.

We've got a front office to gut, goddammit!

jd1020
11-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Who here thinks Haley is "all that"?

If you notice, I never refuted that he needed to be fired.

That fact we're even talking about Haley is pathetic.

We've got a front office to guy, goddammit!

Where did I single you out in that post, dumbass?

htismaqe
Pioli is definately next if we are going to fix this. That's pretty much a no brainer but, don't act like we were going anywhere with Haley. He was terrible.

Who is acting like we were going anywhere with Haley?

Haley was a bad head coach, right?

Well, this is WORSE.

So why even start a fucking thread about Haley unless you're a 4th grade girl who can't get over shit?

Woodchuck

Seems like Haley gets treated by some the same way mediocre/bad QBs around the league get treated by KC fans as if we had them as our QB then we'd be SB contenders simply because we have the worst QBs.

I would honestly say that Crennel out coached him last night. His defense definately had Rothlesberger confused imo. The defensive game planning was better than Pitts offensive game planning imo.

Sfeihc

In Haley's defense Pittsburgh was down three starters on offense before Big Ben got hurt.

FAX

Setting aside the infighting for a moment, I'm not sure it's advisable to use last night's game as a good metric for your argument, Mr. King_Chief_Fan. The overall record might be a better measure.

Also, it's interesting that the Steelers beat us with their 2nd string quarterback last night ... a quarterback who's lost his job with two really bad teams.

We lost in style, though. And with RAC love in our hearts.

FAX

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Where did I single you out in that post, dumbass?

Did I say you singled me out?

I asked you a question and pointed out how I had already answered it.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:43 AM
I would honestly say that Crennel out coached him last night. His defense definately had Rothlesberger confused imo. The defensive game planning was better than Pitts offensive game planning imo.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Who is acting like we were going anywhere with Haley?

Haley was a bad head coach, right?

Well, this is WORSE.

So why even start a ****ing thread about Haley unless you're a 4th grade girl who can't get over shit?

Why reply if you feel that way? It's pretty obvious alot of people would feel this way.

I think you are just so angry at me because you subconciously know that Pioli will be here for a while and I have voiced that.

el borracho
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
2012 Steelers with Haley: 6-3
2012 Chiefs without Haley: 1-8

What are you guys crowing about?

FAX

I don't know about "those people", Mr. jd1020. I have my own reasons for liking Haley's head coaching style ... and I came up with them all by myself on my own.

In counterpoint to your comment, though ... there are also a number of Chiefs fans who appear to dislike Haley for purely emotional reasons ... or, because they simply think it's the "thing to do". At least, that's how it seems from my viewpoint.

FAX

htismaqe
Why reply if you feel that way? It's pretty obvious alot of people would feel this way.

I think you are just so angry at me because you subconciously know that Pioli will be here for a while and I have voiced that.

ROFL

I'm angry because I fucking hate Scott Pioli and I can't believe he was actually able to convince people that Todd Haley was the scapegoat.

I'm directing it at YOU because you're one of the fucking lemmings that bought that line of bullshit.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM

Oopsie...

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2012, 07:48 AM
ROFL

I'm angry because I ****ing hate Scott Pioli and I can't believe he was actually able to convince people that Todd Haley was the scapegoat.

I'm directing it at YOU because you're one of the ****ing lemmings that bought that line of bullshit.

There is where we agree - the real firings have yet to come

But don't act like getting rid of Haley wasn't necessary

It's a process

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:50 AM
In Haley's defense Pittsburgh was down three starters on offense before Big Ben got hurt.

In our defense, we had Matt Cassel

jd1020
11-13-2012, 07:50 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

Comparing his lesser involvement on a better team.

Why not compare his years in KC as HC when he tried to be HC and OC?

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:52 AM
ROFL

I'm angry because I ****ing hate Scott Pioli and I can't believe he was actually able to convince people that Todd Haley was the scapegoat.

I'm directing it at YOU because you're one of the ****ing lemmings that bought that line of bullshit.

I hated him from the beginning man. I nicknamed him Happy Gilmore because he was an angry golfer. I thought he was a terrible hire from day one. For years I trashed the guy.

I just wanted him gone from day one. I don't care what you think he was made out to be.

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Yep. Golfers have never been successful at anything outside of golf. Never. Ever.

Personally, I love the game of golf. It teaches you discipline, concentration, focus, patience ... all kinds of useful things. Plus, it's cool to swing a stick at things and golf has a great name ... golf. Golf. Golf, golf, golf. It's an awesome name. Golf.

They could have named it like other sports ... Whiteball or Tinyball or Dimpleball or something like that. But no ... they said, "Screw that. We'll call it golf." Golf is cool.

FAX

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:57 AM
There is where we agree - the real firings have yet to come

But don't act like getting rid of Haley wasn't necessary

It's a process

Necessary? I don't think so.

Getting rid of him was WARRANTED. He deserved it.

It wasn't NECESSARY, as that implies that him being gone would somehow improve this team. Obviously, it hasn't. At all.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I hated him from the beginning man. I nicknamed him Happy Gilmore because he was an angry golfer. I thought he was a terrible hire from day one. For years I trashed the guy.

I just wanted him gone from day one. I don't care what you think he was made out to be.

So you're just narrow-minded then.

TimeForWasp
11-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I'll admit. I didn't want Haley fired. This shit is really fucked up now.

FAX
11-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Does a wild bear crap on a golf course?

FAX

jd1020
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Necessary? I don't think so.

Getting rid of him was WARRANTED. He deserved it.

It wasn't NECESSARY, as that implies that him being gone would somehow improve this team. Obviously, it hasn't. At all.

This is retarded.

It was absolutely NECESSARY to fire Haley. Just like it's becoming apparent that it's absolutely NECESSARY to fire Pioli and every ex-Patriot hes brought to this team.

el borracho
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Comparing his lesser involvement on a better team.

Why not compare his years in KC as HC when he tried to be HC and OC?

Ok...

After the ninth game in 2011 with Haley but without Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 4-5

After the ninth game in 2012 without Haley but with Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 1-8

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:02 AM
I'll admit. I didn't want Haley fired. This shit is really ****ed up now.

I have no problem with Haley being fired.

I have a real problem with anybody that believes that Haley was the reason this team was so bad, especially now that they're WORSE.

Haley needed to be fired after the Jets game because, as a public face of the franchise, he can't just act like that on TV. He can't, he should know better.

However, this front office did him wrong. He just chose to deal with it in the wrong way.

el borracho
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Todd Haley: 19-26
Romeo Crennel: 27-49

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM

This is retarded.

It was absolutely NECESSARY to fire Haley. Just like it's becoming apparent that it's absolutely NECESSARY to fire Pioli and every ex-Patriot his brought to this team.

In and of itself (which is how we were speaking), it was NOT necessary to fire Haley.

If you want to include "firing Haley" as part of the overall housecleaning that's needed, I absolutely agree with you.

But by itself, it was not necessary and our current win/loss record proves it.

jd1020
11-13-2012, 08:06 AM
In and of itself (which is how we were speaking), it was NOT necessary to fire Haley.

If you want to include "firing Haley" as part of the overall housecleaning that's needed, I absolutely agree with you.

But by itself, it was not necessary and our current win/loss record proves it.

I'm sorry, but I can't compute such stupidity.

Haley was an incompetent HC and it was necessary to fire him. That doesn't change if he were to be fired with a group of people or without.

FAX
11-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Ok...

After the ninth game in 2011 with Haley but without Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 4-5

After the ninth game in 2012 without Haley but with Charles, Berry and Moeaki: 1-8

It might be useful to mention that the NFL entered the 2011 year without the benefit of an off-season training camp which was particularly harmful to young, inexperienced teams like the Chiefs.

It's incredible the lengths some people will go to in order to bash Haley who did nothing but drag this pitiful franchise by the short hairs into some form of brief respectability ... all, I might add, while he was being maliciously undercut and undermined by the GM.

Haley made mistakes, to be sure. But the amount of hatred directed toward him is way out of proportion to any errors he may have made. I'll bet he rues the day he ever came to work for the Chiefs ... and I wouldn't blame him.

FAX

jd1020
11-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Todd Haley: 19-26
Romeo Crennel: 27-49

.420 win %

vs

.360 win %

Translation: Who fucking cares?

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't compute such stupidity.

Haley was an incompetent HC and it was necessary to fire him. That doesn't change if he were to be fired with a group of people or without.

The only way firing him is a NECESSITY is if it improves the team. It didn't. They were actually better WITH him.

So no, firing him wasn't necessary. Unless this record-setting shithole team was what you wanted.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
.420 win %

vs

.360 win %

Translation: Who ****ing cares?

People who can't get over Todd Haley.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM

I don't think so but hey, opinions are like assholes.

When Pittsburgh had the ball late in the game and it was 3rd and inches and they lined up in the shotgun, you knew what was coming right?

How many times when it was 3rd and inches did we see him run that stupid HB draw in KC? The very fact that he tried to run against his old team in that situation pretty much says it all imo.

He is a bonafide idiot.

Yes, I do have a problem with a guy who never played football going around and yelling at players etc. It was doomed before it ever even started. You can't act that way if you have never played. It will wear thin quick.....and it did.

jd1020
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
People who can't get over Todd Haley.

As you continue to be active in a thread about Haley.

jd1020
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
The only way firing him is a NECESSITY is if it improves the team. It didn't. They were actually better WITH him.

So no, firing him wasn't necessary. Unless this record-setting shithole team was what you wanted.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:10 AM
As you continue to be active a thread about Haley.

Yeah, because it bugs me that people still can't let it go.

Sue me.

Dave Lane

JFC.

And using Byron Leftwich. JFC I assumed he was in an old folks home somewhere.

Oh and the Ravens and all there coaches are even more fucked because they only scored 6.

What this does show is that when motivated (by the world seeing them play) there is a lot of talent there. Whats missing is coaching and enough added talent by the GM.

Woodchuck
As you continue to be active in a thread about Haley.

Exactly :clap:

FAX
.420 win %

vs

.360 win %

Translation: Who ****ing cares?

C'mon, man. You're way smarter than you're letting on.

Haley took over a disaster. Crennel took over a team that had potential and benefited from the return of two (possibly three) important starters, then turned it into a disaster.

I've seen your posts. I know you are a deeper thinker than this and these kinds of arguments are making me sad.

FAX

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't think so but hey, opinions are like assholes.

When Pittsburgh had the ball late in the game and it was 3rd and inches and they lined up in the shotgun, you knew what was coming right?

How many times when it was 3rd and inches did we see him run that stupid HB draw in KC? The very fact that he tried to run against his old team in that situation pretty much says it all imo.

He is a bonafide idiot.

Yes, I do have a problem with a guy who never played football going around and yelling at players etc. It was doomed before it ever even started. You can't act that way if you have never played. It will wear thin quick.....and it did.

Ah, you're one of THOSE people.

And Pioli is a psychopath.

:shake:

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Exactly :clap:

Congratulations, JD. You have a fan.

And a QUALITY one at that...

FAX
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
And using Byron Leftwich. JFC I assumed he was in an old folks home somewhere.

Oh and the Ravens and all there coaches are even more ****ed because they only scored 6.

What this does show is that when motivated (by the world seeing them play) there is a lot of talent there. Whats missing is coaching and enough added talent by the GM.

That's the blue sky in this rat's ass hole, right there.

FAX

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Any way you look at it, it was good to see him suck imo. He was lucky he got to squirm away with a win. He called a shitty game.

htismaqe
11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Any way you look at it, it was good to see him suck imo. He was lucky he got to squirm away with a win. He called a shitty game.

Yeah, it sure was great to see him suck.

In a loss.

:rolleyes:

Dave Lane

Yeah and if Haley had called a pass you'd be bitching up a storm that he was "THAT" stupid. Imagine running on 3rd and short to ice the game, there isn't a coach anywhere that would run the ball, you are the most obtuse moron I have ever encountered.

Woodchuck
Ah, you're one of THOSE people.

And Pioli is a psychopath.

No, I don't coach football and go around yelling at people. Yes, Pioli is a psychopath. If you read the book, you would understand.

You really look foolish right now. I would take a break dude. Take it from one who regrets meltdowns.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah and if Haley had called a pass you'd be bitching up a storm that he was "THAT" stupid. Imagine running on 3rd and short to ice the game, there isn't a coach anywhere that would run the ball, you are the must obtuse moron I have ever encountered.

Please, the HB draws are what drove fans crazy.

It doesn't matter. You guys are going to have his back through and through.

Some people might see it.

Dave Lane
11-13-2012, 08:17 AM

You know I'm sure you can answer a question I have wondered about my entire life. Is it physically painful to be this stupid?

I would think so but could you be so kind as to explain the different pains in detail?

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Haley was a hard-ass who instilled discipline to a team that sorely needed it.

Part of the reason I personally think the team played better last night??

Just because Todd Haley was in the house, and there is a such thing as professional pride - every single person on this KC roster played better, smarter, faster, more efficient football when Todd Haley was the coach here. That is a fact that only an idiot would dispute.

He wasn't perfect, but he was growing into the job. He will be a GREAT head coach, when he gets an opporunity. Getting saddled with Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Lucifer the GM are the reasons he went nuts in Kansas City. I would've too.

Give him Byron Leftwich, a 3rd-string offensive line, and a rain storm...he don't give a ****, he's gonna punt the ball to MATT CASSELL.

And with a 40-yr old immobile QB, behind a reshuffled 3red string line, and in the rain...they still got more points than the Chiefs 'top dogz.' I can't believe people are bitching about Haley.

JFC, Fire Pioli, Fire RAC, give Todd Haley $5m a year to come finish what he started, and promote Joel Collier to find a REAL GM.

As a matter of fact, nothing this franchise can really do will fix my displeasure. This is like finding out Santa Claus is fake, your mom is both the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, and that little girl Mary down the street likes Billy better because Billy's mom packs Twinkies in his lunch...like, there's no fixing it. The dream is over for me, man.

No matter who they hire, I will always have this stench in the back of my mind. Pioli hijacked my franchise. Haley actually GAVE A SHIT about the Chiefs and KC in general. Pioli couldn't give a **** less, and it shows.

**** you retards - I LOVE Todd Haley as a head coach. Didn't take shit off some snot-nosed millionaire QB or nothing. I miss him and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
todd haley beat us with BYRON LEFTWHICH

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

think about that. Won the game by 3 points with Byron Leftwhich who hasnt won a game as a full starter since 2006. 2006!!!!!

He still won, with a backup QB and a two backup RBs who are not that good. He beat this team. And that is ****ing sad.

FAX
11-13-2012, 08:42 AM

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

think about that. Won the game by 3 points with Byron Leftwhich who hasnt won a game as a full starter since 2006. 2006!!!!!

He still won, with a backup QB and a two backup RBs who are not that good. He beat this team. And that is ****ing sad.

Not to mention an offensive line that is far, far worse than ours ... even today.

FAX

Romeo's Pants
11-13-2012, 08:43 AM

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

Be careful. If you keep talking him up like that, Pioli might bring on Leftwich as our new starting QB.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Not to mention an offensive line that is far, far worse than ours ... even today.

FAX

Yeah, a bunch of third-stringers.

Of COURSE he'll call the 3rd down draw and punt...any good coach would know, 'hey, were punting to Matt Cassell.' I'm sure Haley knew more than most.

I can hear Haley now - 'Just keep it close - we don't really have to win...they'll beat themselves.'

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:45 AM

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

Todd Haley got lucky that Succop missed a FG and that Cassel was our QB. He called a terrible game.

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
yes Todd Haley was lucky that we have had Cassel for FOUR YEARS OF THIS FRANCHISE

not the fanbase, Todd Haley.

What an awful excuse. A Matt Cassel excuse for a 1-8 pile of shit team with no talent and bad coaching? And you are going to say "Well in Todd Haley's case, he is lucky we had Cassel"

lol

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:48 AM
The Ravens only beat us by 3 points

so if Todd Haley sucks then John Harbaugh must also suck because they also only beat us by 3, with your shit logic.

That Steelers game was our Super Bowl so Pioli didnt look like a douche and we still lost, and Pioli looks like the biggest asshole in that stadium in a press box by himself ordering pizza.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:49 AM
yes Todd Haley was lucky that we have had Cassel for FOUR YEARS OF THIS FRANCHISE

not the fanbase, Todd Haley.

What an awful excuse. A Matt Cassel excuse for a 1-8 pile of shit team with no talent and bad coaching? And you are going to say "Well in Todd Haley's case, he is lucky we had Cassel"

lol

Yes, the fanbase is lucky to be rid of Todd Haley.

RedNFeisty
11-13-2012, 08:50 AM
No, he should never have been fired. Haley wasn't the issue for the Chiefs and this season proves it.

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Todd Haley must also be lucky that we gave 5 million to Stanford Routt for 8 games, then cut him so Javier Arenas and Jalil Brown play near starters minutes and absolutely suck dogshit

Todd Haley's fault again

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Todd Haley's fault that we signed Daboll's piss rag Peyton Hillis to be our savior and he cannot even convert a 3rd and 1 or a goalline stand for a touchdown.

Todd Haley's fault

mcaj22
11-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Todd Haley's fault we waste a 2nd round pick on another offensive lineman in Jeff Allen who absolutely got beat like a ****ing drum by Brett ****ing old and slow Kiesel last night.

instead of taking a QB or any ****ing player for that matter

Todd Haley's fault.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh well, time to move on I guess. He is gone and he won't be back.

farmerchief
11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Pioli should have fired himself, and kept Haley

aturnis
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Always knew getting rid of him was a mistake. The first mistake though, was driving him to his breaking point.

Chief Roundup
11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
The Steelers were without Ben for a lot of that game. Hard to do much without your star QB.

bobbything
11-13-2012, 10:07 AM
You can't act that way if you have never played.
Tom Crean, Roy Williams, Nick Bollitieri, Mike Leach, and Chuck Daly all agree.

Edit: Oh, Chip Kelly wanted to chime in as well...considering many people are clammering for him to take the reins.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Tom Crean, Roy Williams, Nick Bollitieri, Mike Leach, and Chuck Daly all agree.

Edit: Oh, Chip Kelly wanted to chime in as well...considering many people are clammering for him to take the reins.

Are they coaching boys or men? :shake:

Reerun_KC
11-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, the fanbase is lucky to be rid of Todd Haley.

according to whom? You?

I vote perma ban for your stupid ass

milkman
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Rep sent to Driving Wheel and mcaj22.

They get it.

Todd Haley should not have been fired.

philfree
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
When Haley coaches a team to a playoff win then maybe I'll think he shouldn't have been fired. Maybe. As the Steelers OC he hasn't impressed me much with 18th ranked offense.

Titty Meat
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I heard a story about Haley that made me think it was probably a good thing.

Last year it was reported that Haley really pissed off Bowe during one practice Haley called Bowe a cunt. Bowe went to management about it and they told Haley to knock it off. The next practice Haley goes up to Bowe and calls him a big pussy. I guess Bowes reaction to Romeo beating Green Bay makes even more sense.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I heard a story about Haley that made me think it was probably a good thing.

Last year it was reported that Haley really pissed off Bowe during one practice Haley called Bowe a ****. Bowe went to management about it and they told Haley to knock it off. The next practice Haley goes up to Bowe and calls him a big pussy. I guess Bowes reaction to Romeo beating Green Bay makes even more sense.

I heard the same story but I heard it was about the alligator arms in the Pittsburgh game. He cried to Pioli about Haley for calling him out in the locker room on that shit. He definately went over haley's head to management.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
I heard the same story but I heard it was about the alligator arms in the Pittsburgh game.ROFL more retarded shit from you.

Does it hurt to be this dumb?

Contrarian
11-13-2012, 12:50 PM

JFC.

NO SHIT!

durtyrute
11-13-2012, 01:13 PM

Just because Todd Haley was in the house, and there is a such thing as professional pride - every single person on this KC roster played better, smarter, faster, more efficient football when Todd Haley was the coach here. That is a fact that only an idiot would dispute.

He wasn't perfect, but he was growing into the job. He will be a GREAT head coach, when he gets an opporunity. Getting saddled with Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Lucifer the GM are the reasons he went nuts in Kansas City. I would've too.

Give him Byron Leftwich, a 3rd-string offensive line, and a rain storm...he don't give a ****, he's gonna punt the ball to MATT CASSELL.

And with a 40-yr old immobile QB, behind a reshuffled 3red string line, and in the rain...they still got more points than the Chiefs 'top dogz.' I can't believe people are bitching about Haley.

JFC, Fire Pioli, Fire RAC, give Todd Haley $5m a year to come finish what he started, and promote Joel Collier to find a REAL GM.

As a matter of fact, nothing this franchise can really do will fix my displeasure. This is like finding out Santa Claus is fake, your mom is both the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny, and that little girl Mary down the street likes Billy better because Billy's mom packs Twinkies in his lunch...like, there's no fixing it. The dream is over for me, man.

No matter who they hire, I will always have this stench in the back of my mind. Pioli hijacked my franchise. Haley actually GAVE A SHIT about the Chiefs and KC in general. Pioli couldn't give a **** less, and it shows.

**** you retards - I LOVE Todd Haley as a head coach. Didn't take shit off some snot-nosed millionaire QB or nothing. I miss him and I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Every word of this and rep.

RedNFeisty
11-13-2012, 01:16 PM

This....all day long!! :clap::clap::clap:

milkman
11-13-2012, 01:58 PM
So, if Haley isn't preserving Ben's career, what exactly is he doing?

Just asking...

Joe Montana played in a dink and dunk offense designed to get the ball out fast, and he missed numerous games throughout his career.

No system is a perfect QB protection system.

Pass rushes are going to get to QBs at some point, regardless of systems.

But keep showing your stupidity.

It's highly entertaining from my perspective.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Joe Montana played in a dink and dunk offense designed to get the ball out fast, and he missed numerous games throughout his career.

No system is a perfect QB protection system.

Pass rushes are going to get to QBs at some point, regardless of systems.

But keep showing your stupidity.

It's highly entertaining from my perspective.

Why take everything away from Ben that makes him great if he is going to get hurt anyway?

Why keep him in the pocket and make him throw short when he is one of the best scrambling playmakers and has one of the biggest arms in the league?

Might as well let him live and die by his game. Kind of like what Tomlin was talking about on Gruden's bus. "Ben does what Ben does."

milkman
11-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Why take everything away from Ben that makes him great if he is going to get hurt anyway?

Why keep him in the pocket and make him throw short when he is one of the best scrambling playmakers and has one of the biggest arms in the league?

Might as well let him live and die by his game. Kind of like what Tomlin was talking about on Gruden's bus. "Ben does what Ben does."

Until last night, this is the healthiest Roethlisberger has been this late into the season in 3 or 4 years.

He's not a young man anymore.

Try the best you can to keep him healthy into the playoffs, then let him make his plays.

He can't win you a SB if he isn't healthy enough to be Big Ben when it matters most, as the Donkey playoff game last year illustrated.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 02:22 PM

He should only be doing that when the play breaks down. Too much 'send 'em deep and run around' will also get you beat. It's easier to attack specific weakness in a defense when there are progressions and reads and shit like that.

'Taking away' that part of his game has made him more efficient, with a better TD perecentage AND better TD-INT ratio.

And he's still dangerous outside the pocket, and Haley does call rollouts and bootlegs to utilize the strengths of his qb. A good coach doesn't put all their eggs in one basket...and Haley has actually diversified that offense. They can still go deep, they can still be explosive...players are still players. Did you see that shallow cross to Wallace against NY?? That was pretty explosive - now, they can explode in different ways.

Haley is one of the best offensive minds in the league; to even argue otherwise is asinine.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
It got them to three Superbowls. It's dumb to waste his talent imo. Let Ben play his game until he can't play no more. Furthermore, they have the fastest WR in the league. The fastest WR to come around in a long time. Why have him try and make plays from short passes rather than let him do what he is good at.

To me, this is the exact problem Haley had in KC. He forces his offense on the players and doesn't play to their strengths. We were so much better with Weis.

milkman
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
It got them to three Superbowls. It's dumb to waste his talent imo. Let Ben play his game until he can't play no more. Furthermore, they have the fastest WR in the league. The fastest WR to come around in a long time. Why have him try and make plays from short passes rather than let him do what he is good at.

To me, this is the exact problem Haley had in KC. He forces his offense on the players and doesn't play to their strengths. We were so much better with Weis.

:banghead:

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Fail.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
:banghead:

It's pro football. People get hurt in every game of every week. That's the point and he can't save Big Ben. What Haley is doing is stupid. His offense is a Ferrari and he is driving like an old lady.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
It's pro football. People get hurt in every game of every week. That's the point and he can't save Big Ben. What Haley is doing is stupid. His offense is a Ferrari and he is driving like an old lady.

You don't need to race the Ferrari to the grocery store for milk and honey.

RealSNR
11-13-2012, 02:36 PM

Big Ben is producing more yards and more points this year than at any time in his career.

Don't get me wrong. Todd was a shitty head coach, and if going through a year of Romeo is what it takes to finally get that position right, then I'm glad he got fired.

But it's dumb to say the guy is incompetent as an offensive coordinator

milkman
11-13-2012, 02:46 PM

You're right.

It is pro football, and people do get hurt.

But if Roethlisberger comes back in a couple of weeks and stays as healthy through the remainder of the season as he had been through the first half of the season, and is healthy for the playoffs, then the Steelers accomplished what they hired Haley to do.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
You're right.

It is pro football, and people do get hurt.

But if Roethlisberger comes back in a couple of weeks and stays as healthy through the remainder of the season as he had been through the first half of the season, and is healthy for the playoffs, then the Steelers accomplished what they hired Haley to do.

If they don't make the playoffs, Todd Haley will be fired imo. have you noticed his demeanor this year? Have you seen him yelling?

This is it Milkman. This is Haley's last shot. All the BS about him getting another shot is absurd right now.

He better pray four times a day that Ben heals up or the Steelers are going to realize they need offensive linemen and not Todd Haley.

Dave Lane
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
ROFL more retarded shit from you.

Does it hurt to be this dumb?

Hey now not everybody can steal my lines dammit!!!

oldman
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
I shed no tears when Haley left KC. Regardless of what you think of Pioli and Clark, you can't have a subordinate openly defy the boss. What pissed me off was that he also flipped off the fans.
Now, would we have had the number of stupid penalties and turnovers if he was still the HC? Probably not, but we'd still be towards the bottom of the league standings because of his play calling.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I shed no tears when Haley left KC. Regardless of what you think of Pioli and Clark, you can't have a subordinate openly defy the boss. What pissed me off was that he also flipped off the fans.
Now, would we have had the number of stupid penalties and turnovers if he was still the HC? Probably not, but we'd still be towards the bottom of the league standings because of his play calling.

I don't know man. Pittsburgh is more penalized than we are.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
If they don't make the playoffs, Todd Haley will be fired imo. have you noticed his demeanor this year? Have you seen him yelling?

Haley himself said he didn't need to - the Steelers already have a culture of winning established. Without mentioning KC by name, he said that the locker room makeup of a team that won 12 games the year before is vastly different than a team that went 2-14 the year before.

Pretty much verbatim quote.

And completely believable after what we've seen here this year.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Haley himself said he didn't need to - the Steelers already have a culture of winning established. Without mentioning KC by name, he said that the locker room makeup of a team that won 12 games the year before is vastly different than a team that went 2-14 the year before.

Pretty much verbatim quote.

And completely believable after what we've seen here this year.

None of those guys wanted Arians fired. No one is going to tolerate the yelling. He is on a short leash and that answer is BS imo.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 03:56 PM
None of those guys wanted Arians fired. No one is going to tolerate the yelling. He is on a short leash and that answer is BS imo.

Did Todd Haley fuck your girlfriend?? Shit in your Easter basket??

ARE YOU SCOTT PIOLI!!???

With Haley = chance of winning, a least two games even with guys off the street

W/O Haley = no chance of winning, even with Peterson/Pioli's 'stockpiled talent'

Pretty simple math.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Link? Or is this just more of your verbal ejaculation on the keyboard. Need proof of so called short leash.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Link? Or is this just more of your verbal ejaculation on the keyboard. Need proof of so called short leash.

I said imo.

There are plenty of articles about the players wanting to keep Arians. Why don't you ask DrivingWheel for a link?

Reerun_KC
11-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I said imo.

There are plenty of articles about the players wanting to keep Arians. Why don't you ask DrivingWheel for a link?

Okay so basically just more verbal garbage out of your cock holster. Got it.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM

BYRON ****ING LEFTWHICH

Beat this team, that had Cassel, Charles, Berry, Moeaki, et al

Haley took this team WITHOUT every single one of those guys, and won in Soldier Field...with Tyler Palko at QB and Jackie Battle at RB.

He really can win 2 games with guys off the street. Todd Haley is no bullshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't have to root for them to lose. They'll lose regardless of what I do.

At this point, I could care less what happens on the field.

I'm ready to see what happens in the front office.

You know, in order for ice to freeze in the fridge, you have to circle the kitchen twice an hour and chant "Haley waz teh problem", "Haley waz teh problem"...

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
You know, in order for ice to freeze in the fridge, you have to circle the kitchen twice an hour and chant "Haley waz teh problem", "Haley waz teh problem"...

ROFL

And Bowe. They would be better without the best WR the team has had since Stephone Paige three decades ago...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
ROFL

And Bowe. They would be better without the best WR the team has had since Stephone Paige three decades ago...

Oh yes, we CLEARLY saw what a problem child and failure Bowe is last night!

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Todd Haley is no bullshit.

Todd Haley was a worse game day coach than Herm Edwards.

I don't get why people are licking Haley's taint. He sucked as a head coach.

But, he was a great strength and conditioning coach. So essentially, he made guys get into shape to play like shit.

Yay.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 04:51 PM

But, he was a great strength and conditioning coach. So essentially, he made guys get into shape to play like shit.

Yay.

Oh he did suck as a HC, no question. And, maybe he's not the best fit for Rapeman either.
That said, the team was tougher and played with conviction. Romeo has created a soft, gutless, pussy factory.

rabblerouser
11-13-2012, 04:59 PM

Yay.

He's better than any coach we've had since Marty, and since I wasn't even 10 years old when that happened, I haven't had much to judge on...

I just know this team hit HARD, and they weren't pushover pussies like now...

And again, if Haley had a decent GM and a QB, he would have grown into making better in-game decisions.

Hell, having Cassel under center is probably WHY he was a terrible head coach. It made him go insane that he didn't have an NFL qb to go with his NFL team...

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Yay.Not nearly as bad as you think. Certainly better than Crennel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Have a good night all. OUT!

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 05:06 PM
He's better than any coach we've had since Marty, and since I wasn't even 10 years old when that happened, I haven't had much to judge on...

I'm sorry, he was NOT a better head coach than Dick Vermeil.

As much as I disliked Dick's tenure in KC, Haley never won a Rose Bowl, never built a team from the ground up into a Super Bowl contender and never oversaw a Super Bowl winner.

Haley is a weird-ass dude with absolutely no personality. In Arizona and Kansas City, he fought with assistant coaches and players on the sidelines and embarrassed himself and the franchise in 2011 with his outbursts.

He may someday become a solid head coach but it appears to me that day is far off in the horizon.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Not nearly as bad as you think. Certainly better than Crennel.

He was absolutely as bad as I thought.

Being better than Crennel doesn't make him a good head coach by any stretch of the imagination.

milkman
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM

As much as I disliked Dick's tenure in KC, Haley never won a Rose Bowl, never built a team from the ground up into a Super Bowl contender and never oversaw a Super Bowl winner.

Haley is a weird-ass dude with absolutely no personality. In Arizona and Kansas City, he fought with assistant coaches and players on the sidelines and embarrassed himself and the franchise in 2011 with his outbursts.

He may someday become a solid head coach but it appears to me that day is far off in the horizon.

I don't give a rat's ass what Dick did at UCLA, in Philly, or in Stl.

Dick sucked ass in KC.

His best days were well behind him.

He was never going to get better as the HC in KC.

Todd Haley was just learning on the job.

He had the chance to grow, and with a GM that supported rather than undermining and sabotaging him, he might have been able to do that.

Dave Lane
11-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Yay.

I'll say this a respectfully as possible because you aren't a dumbass like fucktard.

Bullshit.

Dave Lane
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM

Dick sucked ass in KC.

He had the chance to grow, and with a GM that supported rather than undermining and sabotaging him, he might have been able to do that.

Thanks for saving me the typing. Rep.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Todd Haley: The greatest coach that was never great.

This is a pretty funny thread! LOL

Listen to yourselves holding onto the "good ole days" with Todd Haley.

Chief Roundup
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Todd Haley: The greatest coach that was never great.

This is a pretty funny thread! LOL

Listen to yourselves holding onto the "good ole days" with Todd Haley.

We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem. With a different GM who knows if Haley would of retained his job or if the new GM would of went a different direction. Haley is a better HC than Romeo though not that it takes a lot.

mlyonsd
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Haley's anus>Romeo. As head coach anyway.

Woodchuck
11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem.

This is good stuff and i agree. :clap:

NJChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
We will never know how good Haley might or might not of been here. It doesn't matter either. The one thing this season has shown is that Haley wasn't the main problem last year. It has shown that Pioli is the problem. With a different GM who knows if Haley would of retained his job or if the new GM would of went a different direction. Haley is a better HC than Romeo though not that it takes a lot.

I agree. Haley may or not have been a long-term solution but he certainly isn't the reason this team is like this. He got a ton out of Bowe and DJ. He made a lot of mistakes and I would have loved for him to find a real OC and let him be but then again I would have loved for him to have a solid QB.

I always wonder how much of Haley's personality and decisions were changed by trying to fit into the "Patriot Way". Maybe a lot, maybe none. I think it was a decent amount though.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Vermiel was awful. How can a HC let that pile of shit he called a 'defense' go for 5 seasons?

DaWolf
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Haley was better than Crennel, but he was in no way a good head coach or a good leader. So yes, he should have been canned. So should the rest of these guys...

Rausch
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Haley was better than Crennel, but he was in no way a good head coach or a good leader. So yes, he should have been canned. So should the rest of these guys...

This.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Vermiel was awful. How can a HC let that pile of shit he called a 'defense' go for 5 seasons?

You're fucking stupid if you think that Todd Haley's tenure in Kansas Coty was more successful AND that he's had a better head coaching than Dick Vermeil.

Fucking STUPID.

And NO ONE has been more critical of Vermeil's Chiefs than me.

NO ONE.

Ace Gunner
11-13-2012, 09:14 PM
I think Haley did not get a fair shake in KC. To suggest otherwise with what we now know at this point is lame. Hunt fired the wrong guy, he should have fired Pioli.

Haley got all three phases of the Chiefs team playing ball. Vermeil never did that for any team he coached. That right there will have other HC ops knocking at Haley's door soon. Not many coaches have that coaching resume.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM

Dick sucked ass in KC.

Todd Haley is and was a crap head coach. I don't give a shit if the GM was attempting to undermine him or not.

And his coaching resume in no way, shape or form is even in the same stratosphere as Vermeil.

And again, I hated his hiring and tenure. He set this franchise back ten years or more.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Not many coaches have that coaching resume.

Yeah, I really hope the Chiefs hire another head coach with a shit record.

Crennel and Halely weren't enough. Hopefully, they'll hire a coach that goes 0-16 in consecutive years so you'll all be longing for Romeo.

If the Kansas City Chiefs don't have the dumbest fucking fan base in the NFL, I'd be shocked.

milkman
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Todd Haley is and was a crap head coach. I don't give a shit if the GM was attempting to undermine him or not.

And his coaching resume in no way, shape or form is even in the same stratosphere as Vermeil.

And again, I hated his hiring and tenure. He set this franchise back ten years or more.

I didn't say Todd Haley was a good head coach.

I said Haley had the chance to grow into the job, something Dick didn't have.

Dick was done.

He only won in Stl. because management forced changes he wanted no part of.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
You're fucking stupid if you think that Todd Haley's tenure in Kansas Coty was more successful AND that he's had a better head coaching than Dick Vermeil.

Fucking STUPID.

And NO ONE has been more critical of Vermeil's Chiefs than me.

NO ONE.

Vermeil had Green an all-world line, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez.

Haley had Matt Cassel.

Seems legit.

TheGuardian
11-13-2012, 09:30 PM

This is wrong and fucking stupid.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 09:32 PM

If the Kansas City Chiefs don't have the dumbest fucking fan base in the NFL, I'd be shocked.

Woo hoo 12-4

:)

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 09:33 PM
How did Haley set them back 10 yrs?

LOL

Rausch
11-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Vermeil had Green an all-world line, Priest Holmes, and Tony Gonzalez.

Haley had Matt Cassel.

Seems legit.

Vermeil had Green because he wanted him.

The Chiefs also added Holmes when DV was here.

Kennison, Dante Hall, Green, and Holmes all did what before DV? After DV?

T0dd added who and then made them players?

Anyone?...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
This is wrong and fucking stupid.

Go inject some HGH into your shriveled cock and shut the fuck up.

Your football knowledge wouldn't fill a fucking syringe, Mr. SEC.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:37 PM

LOL

Try and keep up, Dave.

I was referring to Vermeil.

Haley just fucked them over for five.

Chief Roundup
11-13-2012, 09:38 PM

LOL

That is one of the cliche around here. Anything that didn't work out sets the franchise back 10 yrs. That is why this franchise is so far behind. We have had at least 4 or 5 of those type of things happen in the last couple of years. Not to mention all of them from before.

Brock
11-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I wanted to like Haley. However, I can probably think of no fewer than 10 Hermesque coaching gaffes that blew games, and this was when the team was quasi-good. I simply cannot tolerate that shit.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Go inject some HGH into your shriveled cock and shut the **** up.

Your football knowledge wouldn't fill a ****ing syringe, Mr. SEC.

ROFL

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Sorter
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Anyone?...

To be fair, it is doubtful Todd was allowed to make significant personnel moves that would enhance the roster.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
I can't agree with that personally
Agree

To the last point, I'm not sure Todd had any control over hiring. I don't think anything Haley did set this franchise back 10 years. Not saying Todd is the answer but when you have other variables constantly fucking up others, it makes it difficult to evaluate. For example, Cassel and the OL or our WRs. Barry Richardson is not good but he didn't give up a sack with Orton for 3 games.

TheGuardian
11-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Go inject some HGH into your shriveled cock and shut the **** up.

Your football knowledge wouldn't fill a ****ing syringe, Mr. SEC.

ROFL

First off, roids and GH GROW your dick, you idiot. It's the balls they shrink.

And you stating that Haley was a terrible coach is fucking wrong and stupid.

Got it?

Rausch
11-13-2012, 09:53 PM
To be fair, it is doubtful Todd was allowed to make significant personnel moves that would enhance the roster.

So we're just going by coaching?

Ok: horrible game day coach. His best motivational tool was benching his best players. He fired two successful OC's to coach horrible offenses himself.

What positives are you looking at that would make you want to retain him?...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Okay, Haley lovers: Please explain to me how Todd Haley, the Chiefs head coach less than 12 months ago and the person MOST familiar with the Chiefs personnel, needed overtime to score just 16 points?

16 points.

Atlanta: 40 points
Buffalo: 35 points
New Orleans: 24 points
San Diego: 37 points
Baltimore: 9 points
Tampa Bay: 38 points
Oakland: 26 points
San Diego: 31 points
Pittsburgh: 16 points

16 points! 13 in regulation. Wow, what a fucking OFFENSIVE GENIUS.

Todd Haley fucking blows. He wouldn't have a fucking job as an OC if his Dad weren't best buddies with the Rooney family. There were people here (myself included) that thought he'd destroy the Chiefs.

Haley = Peter Principled Dumbass Cunt.

Fuck him.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Anyone?...

You're aware of who our GM was, right?

Rausch
11-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Okay, Haley lovers: Please explain to me how Todd Haley, the Chiefs head coach less than 12 months ago and the person MOST familiar with the Chiefs personnel, needed overtime to score just 16 points?

16 points.

16 points! 13 in regulation. Wow, what a ****ing OFFENSIVE GENIUS.

Todd Haley ****ing blows. He wouldn't have a ****ing job as an OC if his Dad weren't best buddies with the Rooney family. There were people here (myself included) that thought he'd destroy the Chiefs.

Haley = Peter Principled Dumbass ****.

**** him.

And this is one week after the Chiefs cut their 2nd best corner and promoted a brand new D coordinator.

And they were at home...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 09:59 PM
First off, roids and GH GROW your dick, you idiot. It's the balls they shrink.

And you stating that Haley was a terrible coach is fucking wrong and stupid.

Got it?

No, I don't have it, Mr. SEC. If 'roids and HGH made your dick bigger, that shit would be on every counter in every drugstore and grocery store in the country.

Haley fucking sucked. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just outright fucking dumb and doesn't watch any NFL games outside of the Chiefs.

Kind of like you and the SEC.

Rausch
11-13-2012, 09:59 PM
You're aware of who our GM was, right?

Your point?...

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:00 PM
So we're just going by coaching?

Ok: horrible game day coach. His best motivational tool was benching his best players. He fired two successful OC's to coach horrible offenses himself.

What positives are you looking at that would make you want to retain him?...

Totally agree. I had a longer post but it got deleted on accident :(
IMO, here are some things we can all agree on.

1. Pioli limited Todd and was exceptionally detrimental to his possible success as a HC
2. Todd was not a good gameday coach
3. Todd did not work well with others (whether these are coaches forced upon him or not)
4. Todd did instill good conditioning and for several players a good level of accountability
5. Todd didn't do anything during his coaching tenure here to show he was an elite leader.

I think that Todd got an unfair shake but don't mistake me for thinking he was a prodigy. He was young however and I wonder how it could have turned out with a GM he could work with. He did several things that were baffling.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:01 PM

16 points.

16 points! 13 in regulation. Wow, what a fucking OFFENSIVE GENIUS.

Todd Haley fucking blows. He wouldn't have a fucking job as an OC if his Dad weren't best buddies with the Rooney family. There were people here (myself included) that thought he'd destroy the Chiefs.

Haley = Peter Principled Dumbass Cunt.

Fuck him.Matt Cassel

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Your point?...

LOL Okay

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM

16 points.

16 points! 13 in regulation. Wow, what a ****ing OFFENSIVE GENIUS.

Todd Haley ****ing blows. He wouldn't have a ****ing job as an OC if his Dad weren't best buddies with the Rooney family. There were people here (myself included) that thought he'd destroy the Chiefs.

Haley = Peter Principled Dumbass ****.

**** him.
While I acknowledge that our players might have played with more gusto due to the circumstances, Haley's playcalling was not good on MNF IMO. However, his 2X SB winning Qb got KO'd. There are several different variables to consider. One must determine for themselves which had more impact.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
While I acknowledge that our players might have played with more gusto due to the circumstances, Haley's playcalling was not good on MNF IMO. However, his 2X SB winning Qb got KO'd. There are several different variables to consider. One must determine for themselves which had more impact.

But before he was out, they only scored 10 points.

10 points.

Offensive genius.

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Matt Cassel

That doesn't even make any sense.

If Todd Haley was a great coach or offensive coordinator, he should have been able to carve up the Chiefs defense. A Chiefs defense that was allowing high double digit scoring to many teams.

Your argument is weak. Actually, it sucks.

Rausch
LOL Okay

Well, hell then.

Romeo ain't all that bad.

It's just the man holding him down...

Sorter
But before he was out, they only scored 10 points.

I acknowledged that by stating Haley's playcalling was exceptionally poor.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I acknowledged that by stating Haley's playcalling was exceptionally poor.

Well, his playcalling was always poor. That's pretty much my point.

:D

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
You're aware of who our GM was, right?That should say IS not WAS.

TheGuardian
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
No, I don't have it, Mr. SEC. If 'roids and HGH made your dick bigger, that shit would be on every counter in every drugstore and grocery store in the country.

You must not know much about that drug culture then. So don't go spouting off about it when you're fucking clueless about it. It's well know to have that side effect. Just go visit some boards. Or hell, ask Jose Conseco who wrote about it in his book and verified by his wife. It's on every shelf in every pharmacy I dunno, because it's a fucking class III scheduled drug, you moron?

Haley ****ing sucked. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just outright ****ing dumb and doesn't watch any NFL games outside of the Chiefs.

Kind of like you and the SEC.

You mean that conference that won the last fucking 6 national championships? Yeah you're really winning with that argument you tard. JFC.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
That doesn't even make any sense.

If Todd Haley was a great coach or offensive coordinator, he should have been able to carve up the Chiefs defense. A Chiefs defense that was allowing high double digit scoring to many teams.

Your argument is weak. Actually, it sucks.

There are so many variables to consider. Pitt coming off an emotional game with the Giants, missing players, emotional effects for the Chiefs D, etc.

To try and just blame 1 party exclusively for their entire offensive performance seems silly to me and I think Haley did a piss-poor job attacking KC.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
That should say IS not WAS.

That doesn't excuse Haley from yelling at his players and coaches on the sidelines, nor does it excuse him from playing Larry Johnson for 10 games before Jamaal Charles, nor does it excuse him from starting Mike Goff over Wade Smith, nor does it excuse him from trying fake punts inside his own 20 yard line nor does it excuse him from being a cunt.

Need I go on? I can. I remember all of his stupid shit like it was yesterday.

Clearly, most of you people have not.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, his playcalling was always poor. That's pretty much my point.

:D

Eh, his playcalling against Philly (first half playoffs), Atlanta (playoffs), Pitt (SB) and a few other games during his brief tenure as the Cards OC were fantastic.

He was up and down IMO. One also has to acknowledge he had 2 HOF players on offensive skill positions and several other good players.

DaneMcCloud
There are so many variables to consider. Pitt coming off an emotional game with the Giants, missing players, emotional effects for the Chiefs D, etc.

It's the NFL. The Steelers had an extra day to prepare.

Making excuses doesn't further the argument that Todd Haley is some sort of uber genius.

The facts prove otherwise.

Sorter
That doesn't excuse Haley from yelling at his players and coaches on the sidelines, nor does it excuse him from playing Larry Johnson for 10 games before Jamaal Charles, nor does it excuse him from starting Mike Goff over Wade Smith, nor does it excuse him from trying fake punts inside his own 20 yard line nor does it excuse him from being a ****.

No, I agree that that shit was fucking dumb.

TheGuardian
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311218012

Any given Sunday you idiots. JFC........

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
It's the NFL. The Steelers had an extra day to prepare.

Making excuses doesn't further the argument that Todd Haley is some sort of uber genius.

The facts prove otherwise.

ROFL

Who said he was an uber genius? I said that there are several variables you have to account for. To dismiss them is asinine.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Eh, his playcalling against Philly (first half playoffs), Atlanta (playoffs), Pitt (SB) and a few other games during his brief tenure as the Cards OC were fantastic.

He was up and down IMO. One also has to acknowledge he had 2 HOF players on offensive skill positions and several other good players.

How much of that was Whisenhunt and how much of that was Haley?

It's pretty clear to me that Tony Sparano and Todd Haley had success in Dallas due to ONE reason:

Sean Payton.

Both of those guys haven't done dick since moving on from the Cowboys. After seeing Haley's play calling with the Chiefs and now Pittsburgh, I'm pretty sure he was another in the long line Peter Principle'd coaches, if not outright and pure nepotism.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:14 PM
ROFL

Who said he was an uber genius? I said that there are several variables you have to account for. To dismiss them is asinine.

No, it is not.

Occam's Razor.

If Tampa Bay can put up 38 points, why can't Todd Haley? The guy that knows every strength and weakness of the Chiefs defense, like no other person on the planet?

Let's not forget that Byron Leftwich has won a ton of games in the NFL. He wasn't exactly Tyler Palko out there. And even so, the playcalling didn't change from Ben to Leftwich.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
That doesn't excuse Haley from yelling at his players and coaches on the sidelines, nor does it excuse him from playing Larry Johnson for 10 games before Jamaal Charles, nor does it excuse him from starting Mike Goff over Wade Smith, nor does it excuse him from trying fake punts inside his own 20 yard line nor does it excuse him from being a cunt.

I can't accurately judge anything under Pioli. I don't know how anyone could do their job adequately with that fuckstick around.

We thought last seasons OL was shit until Orton was under center.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311218012

Any given Sunday you idiots. JFC........

Yeah, we're idiots yet the Chiefs are 1-8.

Thanks.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I can't accurately judge anything under Pioli. I don't know how anyone could do their job adequately with that fuckstick around.

Right.

So you can't judge Romeo Crennel's defense or head coaching ability?

You can't judge Clancy Pendergast's awful defenses that were so bad, he's coaching college football because no one wanted him around?

You can't judge Steve Hoffman's awful Special Teams?

Are you watching the game with blinders on? I know you don't drink, so something's impeding your view for the past 3+ years.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM
How much of that was Whisenhunt and how much of that was Haley?

It's pretty clear to me that Tony Sparano and Todd Haley had success in Dallas due to ONE reason:

Sean Payton.

Both of those guys haven't done dick since moving on from the Cowboys. After seeing Haley's play calling with the Chiefs and now Pittsburgh, I'm pretty sure he was another in the long line Peter Principle'd coaches, if not outright and pure nepotism.

Again, that is a variable to consider. I am under the impression Haley was in charge of playcalls for AZ that year. I have no idea as to the influence or control Wiz had that year. I do know that they both incorporate similar philosophies. However, it very well could be that Haley was just PP'd.

All I'm trying to really say Dane, is that it is hard to make a complete evaluation on Todd due to his circumstances here without knowing entirely what he had control over. There are several things he did that were laughable. There were also things that I did appreciate.

Personally, the things that I know he had control over that he fucked up are in larger quantity than the things he did exceptionally well here. However, it is entirely possible he could have done more things better with a more encouraging GM.

Brock
11-13-2012, 10:17 PM

You might have thought that.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
No, it is not.

Occam's Razor.

If Tampa Bay can put up 38 points, why can't Todd Haley? The guy that knows every strength and weakness of the Chiefs defense, like no other person on the planet?

Let's not forget that Byron Leftwich has won a ton of games in the NFL. He wasn't exactly Tyler Palko out there. And even so, the playcalling didn't change from Ben to Leftwich.

Byron Leftwich is garbage. Come on.

I acknowledged that Todd did a poor job on MNF. That doesn't mean he is entirely horrible.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Again, that is a variable to consider. I am under the impression Haley was in charge of playcalls for AZ that year. I have no idea as to the influence or control Wiz had that year. I do know that they both incorporate similar philosophies. However, it very well could be that Haley was just PP'd.

All I'm trying to really say Dane, is that it is hard to make a complete evaluation on Todd due to his circumstances here without knowing entirely what he had control over. There are several things he did that were laughable. There were also things that I did appreciate.

Personally, the things that I know he had control over that he fucked up are in larger quantity than the things he did exceptionally well here. However, it is entirely possible he could have done more things better with a more encouraging GM.

He was a complete clusterfuck of a cunt in 2009.

He was forced to hire Romeo, Weis and Zorn in 2010 and his team improved dramatically.

Weis left and in 2011, he was back to being a cunt, who was later fired with cause.

I just look at the facts. There have been countless coaches throughout NFL history that have clashed with their GM and his personnel decisions, yet went on to win and win consistently during the regular season and playoffs (some, even Super Bowls).

Todd Haley is not NFL head coaching material. He may be a decent OC on his own but he's facing his biggest challenge yet:

The Pittsburgh Steelers without Ben Rothlisberger.

Let's see how well he does with Batch and Leftwich, two guys that Bruce Arians was able to win with, before crowning his ass.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Byron Leftwich is garbage. Come on.

I acknowledged that Todd did a poor job on MNF. That doesn't mean he is entirely horrible.

It doesn't mean that he's anything special, either, which what some Chiefs fans want to believe.

Hindsight is 50/50.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:23 PM
He was a complete cluster**** of a **** in 2009.

He was forced to hire Romeo, Weis and Zorn in 2010 and his team improved dramatically.

Weis left and in 2011, he was back to being a ****, who was later fired with cause.

I just look at the facts. There have been countless coaches throughout NFL history that have clashed with their GM and his personnel decisions, yet went on to win and win consistently during the regular season and playoffs (some, even Super Bowls).

Todd Haley is not NFL head coaching material. He may be a decent OC on his own but he's facing his biggest challenge yet:

The Pittsburgh Steelers without Ben Rothlisberger.

Let's see how well he does with Batch and Leftwich, two guys that Bruce Arians was able to win with, before crowning his ass.

You know I'm not "crowning his ass". I think that this situation will be a good chance to evaluate Todd.

The rest of your post I agree with and you know that through my previous posts.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
LMAO love watching the Haley haters get their panties in a bunch.

I liked Todd and think things could have been different under better management.

I'm done here. He's not with the Chiefs anymore and I couldn't give a shit less.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
You know I'm not "crowning his ass". I think that this situation will be a good chance to evaluate Todd.

I wasn't referring to you with this statement, just people in this thread.

Apologies.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
It doesn't mean that he's anything special, either, which what some Chiefs fans want to believe.

Hindsight is 50/50.

I hope you aren't lumping me in with that group. He could be special but for me, it is hard to make a finite determination based on his tenure here, given the circumstances.

That said, if I were a GM, I would likely pass on Todd at the moment.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I wasn't referring to you with this statement, just people in this thread.

Apologies.

Missed this post.

Enjoy some of da Boxxy
http://chan.catiewayne.com/b/src/132866036959.gif

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
LMAO love watching the Haley haters get their panties in a bunch.

I liked Todd and think things could have been different under better management.

I'm done here. He's not with the Chiefs anymore and I couldn't give a shit less.

What could you have possibly liked about Todd Haley?

He had the personality of a fucking goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a fucking dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2012, 10:33 PM

He had the personality of a fucking goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a fucking dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

Seeing as I was in Ohio during his time and not a member of the Chiefs, I don't have the first damn clue.

Seems like his ex players liked him. Breaston signed with the Chiefs because of him.

Anyway, that's all. I no longer care enough about Todd to continue discussing this.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Seeing as I was in Ohio during his time and not a member of the Chiefs, I don't have the first damn clue.

Seems like his ex players liked him. Breaston signed with the Chiefs because of him.

Anyway, that's all. I no longer care enough about Todd to continue discussing this.

Breaston signed with the Chiefs because they were the only team to give him $5 million up front and $5 million per year.

That's worked out well, considering he was deactivated last night.

Titty Meat
11-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Todd did a great job coaching his team against his Jets last year didnt he?

lcarus
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
That's worked out well, considering he was deactivated last night.

Yeah but his moral support was AMAZING

milkman
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM

He had the personality of a ****ing goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a ****ing dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

The Steelers have scored 16 points in one other game.

Every other game they've scored 19 points or more.

The Ravens scored only 9 points against the Chiefs, and have scored 23 or more points in every other game.

Coincidentally, the Steeler and Raven games are the only games that the Chiefs have attacked early and often on defense from the opening kickoff.

I don't need a history lesson on the mistakes that haley made, but I contend that you are wrong that Haley was an example of the peter principle.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't need a history lesson on the mistakes that haley made, but I contend that you are wrong that Haley was an example of the peter principle.

When Todd Haley gets a job with anyone unrelated to the Steelers or Parcells, I'll believe that.

Whisenhunt/Cards: Steelers
Pioli/Chiefs: Parcells Jets/Parcells Dallas (Also, his Dad was with the Jets as well)
Tomlin/Steelers: Steelers/Hid Dad

If the guy is fired and hired by a team like Seattle next year AND he succeeds, I'll give a little. Until then, he's just another in a long line of guys that have jobs in the NFL due to nepotism/cronyism.

That's actually just one reason I'd like to see the Chiefs hire a guy like Chip Kelly and let him do it his way: No NFL ties.

NJChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM

Anyone?...

He certainly had a lot of fail in the "role players" he added but when you have a strong GM its hard to think that most of the actual players added is on the first time head coach vs. Mr. Amazing GM. I would argue he did a good job with DJ and Bowe.

Haley just ****ed them over for five.

Again, whatever your feelings on him as a coach, I think the actual roster decisions need to fall on the guy whose ego seems too large to let a first time head coach make any major player decisions. He got a few role players and Breaston. That didn't set us back 5 years.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:31 PM
He certainly had a lot of fail in the "role players" he added but when you have a strong GM its hard to think that most of the actual players added is on the first time head coach vs. Mr. Amazing GM. I would argue he did a good job with DJ and Bowe.

Again, whatever your feelings on him as a coach, I think the actual roster decisions need to fall on the guy whose ego seems too large to let a first time head coach make any major player decisions. He got a few role players and Breaston. That didn't set us back 5 years.

This is year FOUR since Haley and Pioli were hired.

Haley's since been fired. Crennel and Pioli will soon be fired.

How is 2013 NOT five years?

NJChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 11:36 PM

This is year FOUR since Haley and Pioli were hired.

Haley's since been fired. Crennel and Pioli will soon be fired.

How is 2013 NOT five years?

I don't understand how you can always get so mad at people for misreading your posts yet constantly do it to others.

You said Haley fucked the team over for five and thats my issue. Pioli is the one that has fucked them over for five years. Pioli is the common factor for every year. Haley didn't make the roster decisions that are the issue with this team.

If you feel he didn't use the roster correctly that's fine, but if that's the case the team should be better. Since it isn't, its pretty clear that the set back of five years doesn't fall on Haley, it falls on Pioli.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
I don't understand how you can always get so mad at people for misreading your posts yet constantly do it to others.

You said Haley fucked the team over for five and thats my issue. Pioli is the one that has fucked them over for five years. Pioli is the common factor for every year. Haley didn't make the roster decisions that are the issue with this team. 22 guys off the street. Yeah, right.

If you feel he didn't use the roster correctly that's fine, but if that's the case the team should be better. Since it isn't, its pretty clear that the set back of five years doesn't fall on Haley, it falls on Pioli.

Haley completely fucked over this team. His abrasive style, which included yelling at players and assistant coaches on the sidelines during games (which were caught by cameras) along with his overall coaching fucked this franchise.

While it's true that Pioli has done a piss poor job of identifying free agents and college draftees, Haley didn't help himself or the team by playing Larry Johnson and Mike Goof for ten games, nor did he help himself by going for it on 4th down on his own 20, etc. and so on.

Pioli has been an abomination as a GM but Haley did absolutely nothing to help this team.

Nothing.

It'll be 2013 before this ship has been "righted", making it five years.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 11:46 PM
You know what Id loved to have seen?

Todd Haley with a LEGIT QB prospect in KC.

Look at what he has done EVERYWHERE ELSE he a has had one of those.

NJChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Haley completely ****ed over this team. His abrasive style, which included yelling at players and assistant coaches on the sidelines during games (which were caught by cameras) along with his overall coaching ****ed this franchise.

While it's true that Pioli has done a piss poor job of identifying free agents and college draftees, Haley didn't help himself or the team by playing Larry Johnson and Mike Goof for ten games, nor did he help himself by going for it on 4th down on his own 20, etc. and so on.

Pioli has been an abomination as a GM but Haley did absolutely nothing to help this team.

Nothing.

While I don't hate Haley like you, I don't feel I can disagree with your feelings on Haley and his time here. My only issue is that I don't think what Haley did ****ed them over beyond his regime. Once Haley left everything he was doing ceased to affect this franchise. So even if you feel this team under-achieved with Haley, it had no affect on the past 2 years.

I guess I just hear ****ed over and think a long term affect that keeps going beyond their time here. Like what DV did. I just think the difference is DV had a lot more say in personnel. Haley's affect on this time was strictly limited to the play on the field, and imho, wouldn't affect future teams once he wasn't around.

Really, my beef with your comment isn't what Haley did when he was here but the implication(at least how I took it), that his impact was still being felt.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Haley completely fucked over this team. His abrasive style, which included yelling at players and assistant coaches on the sidelines during games (which were caught by cameras) along with his overall coaching fucked this franchise.

Nothing.

ROFL

Yeah, sure.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:49 PM
You know what Id loved to have seen?

Todd Haley with a LEGIT QB prospect in KC.

Look at what he has done EVERYWHERE ELSE he a has had one of those.

Yeah, he scored 13 points last night against a 1-8 team.

Woo-hoo!

Rausch
11-13-2012, 11:49 PM
You know what I'd love to see?

Any HC in KC with a LEGIT QB prospect.

Post fixed...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
ROFL

Yeah, sure.

Really?

Then why were they 5-8 when he was fired? Why did they win 2 games AFTER he was fired?

I don't remember the San Francisco 49ers falling off a cliff when Bill Walsh retired.

I don't remember the Denver Broncos falling off a cliff when Dan Reeves was fired.

I don't remember the Pittsburgh Steelers dumping seasons after Cowher left.

Yet, I'm to believe that the absence of Todd Haley and Todd Haley alone means that the Chiefs fall to 1-8?

Bullshit.

BossChief
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Yeah, he scored 13 points last night against a 1-8 team.

Woo-hoo!

Ben was on pace to have his best year as a pro and the team was back in the elite class even though they were without some of their best players for a lot of the year.

Meanwhile, in KC...Bowe, DJ, and others have gone back to pre Haley form...or at best have gone back to being inconsistent.

NJChiefsFan
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Post fixed...

Yeah that would be a neat change of pace.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Ben was on pace to have his best year as a pro and the team was back in the elite class even though they were without some of their best players for a lot of the year.

Meanwhile, in KC...Bowe, DJ, and others have gone back to pre Haley form...or at best have gone back to being inconsistent.

So, Derrick Johnson this season and especially last night, was pre-Haley form?

No.

As for Dwayne Bowe, he's clearly mailed it in. Every report says he wants out and it's clear from his level of play that it's true.

He must hate the Kansas City Chiefs, Pioli, Crennel, et al so much that he's willing to leave money on the table by playing so poorly.

That, my friend, has nothing to do with Todd Haley.

Rausch
11-14-2012, 12:00 AM

He's the OC and he's doing (for the most part) a very good job.

When he was a HC he was an overlord and azzhole. He did not win. He did not make good decisions as HC on gameday or with talent. He did not get along with anyone under him.

He's now back at OC, told his (limited) role, and he's good there.

He's a Mike Martz, Norv, etc...

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:02 AM
He's a Mike Martz, Norv, etc...

I'd say he's closer to Mike Nolan than either Martz or Norv.

Martz at least led his team to a Super Bowl and Norv's a Super Bowl winner under Jimmy Johnson.

Haley's just a cunt that would be golf pro somewhere without his father's influence and connections.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Really? Yeah, really.

Then why were they 5-8 when he was fired? Why did they win 2 games AFTER he was fired? Pioli wanted to fire Haley after the 2010 year because he wanted to make a move to give options other than Cassel at QB...like Hasselback. Pioli is married to Cassel because he gave him 63 million. Kyle Orton won those games...its too bad Orton got hurt and Haley had to play Palko.

I don't remember the San Francisco 49ers falling off a cliff when Bill Walsh retired. They had a QB.

I don't remember the Denver Broncos falling off a cliff when Dan Reeves was fired. They had a QB

I don't remember the Pittsburgh Steelers dumping seasons after Cowher left.
they had a QB
Yet, I'm to believe that the absence of Todd Haley and Todd Haley alone means that the Chiefs fall to 1-8? This is a team that still doesnt have a QB and now we are seeing what thats like without an elite motivator running the show.

Bullshit.

Call it bullshit all you want, Dane. This team gave much better effort and played with far better energy under Haley because he MADE THEM.

Gyus dotn have to fear him getting in theri face when they fuck up nowadays, and look whats happening AT A RECORD PACE....

THE TEAM IS FUCKING UP.

In 2011, the Chiefs had 29 turnovers.

Through only 9 games of 2012, the same roster has 30 turnovers.

A similar correlation can be made for penalties and another thing Haley didnt have was nagging "hurts" that got played out like "injuries" like they are nowadays.

Haley gave this team a mental toughness that is sorely lacking without him...its not that surprising that the one game they DID show up was when Haley was across the field.

Sorter
11-14-2012, 12:09 AM

Martz at least led his team to a Super Bowl and Norv's a Super Bowl winner under Jimmy Johnson.

Haley's just a **** that would be golf pro somewhere without his father's influence and connections.

Haley was pretty damn close to a SB (as an OC who may/may not have had playcalling responsibilities) with a team that has been a perennial bottom-dweller, to be fair.

Agree with the basis though.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
So, Derrick Johnson this season and especially last night, was pre-Haley form?

No.

As for Dwayne Bowe, he's clearly mailed it in. Every report says he wants out and it's clear from his level of play that it's true.

He must hate the Kansas City Chiefs, Pioli, Crennel, et al so much that he's willing to leave money on the table by playing so poorly.

That, my friend, has nothing to do with Todd Haley.

Yeah, its not like Bowe gave 10X this effort under Haley...

cmon Dane, you cant sit there and say that with a straight face, can you?

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
Call it bullshit all you want, Dane. This team gave much better effort and played with far better energy under Haley because he MADE THEM.

Gyus dotn have to fear him getting in theri face when they fuck up nowadays, and look whats happening AT A RECORD PACE....

THE TEAM IS FUCKING UP.

In 2011, the Chiefs had 29 turnovers.

Through only 9 games of 2012, the same roster has 30 turnovers.

A similar correlation can be made for penalties and another thing Haley didnt have was nagging "hurts" that got played out like "injuries" like they are nowadays.

Haley gave this team a mental toughness that is sorely lacking without him...its not that surprising that the one game they DID show up was when Haley was across the field.

4-12

10-6

5-8

If you think THAT'S effort, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

Seriously, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, its not like Bowe gave 10X this effort under Haley...

cmon Dane, you cant sit there and say that with a straight face, can you?

Where was Bowe's "effort" in 2011?

Dwayne Bowe has wanted out for years.

He's leaving no room for error in 2012.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM

Haley's just a cunt that would be golf pro somewhere without his father's influence and connections.

Haley came up under Parcells as an assistant for the Jets.

Are you saying that Dick got him that gig while being a Steelers guy through and through?

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Haley came up under Parcells as an assistant for the Jets.

Are you saying that Dick got him that gig while being a Steelers guy through and through?

Dick was Director of Player Personnel for the Jets under Parcells when Todd was hired as an assistant

Sorter
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Where was Bowe's "effort" in 2011?

Dwayne Bowe has wanted out for years.

He's leaving no room for error in 2012.

Personally, I think that none of our receivers have displayed as much explosiveness coming out of breaks as they did in 2010 or 2011.

Could be attributable to Todd's conditioning/technique(doubtful on the latter) but could also be attributed to a lack of desire (i.e. going through the motions) or any other reason. They are human beings.

Entirely subjective and I've only watched 2 games this season on All-22 but that is my take on it.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:21 AM
4-12 the year before the team was 2-14

10-6 playoffs with Cassel as the QB, finalist for coach of the year

5-8 wanted the GM to sign Matt Hasselback so when Cassel didnt step up, there was plan b...but he got Palko. Dont try to tell me he wouldnt have won the division if Hasselback came in for Cassel mid 2011...you would be acting disingenuous to further an agenda.

If you think THAT'S effort, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

Seriously, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

1-8.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Personally, I think that none of our receivers have displayed as much explosiveness coming out of breaks as they did in 2010 or 2011.

Could be attributable to Todd's conditioning/technique(doubtful on the latter) but could also be attributed to a lack of desire (i.e. going through the motions) or any other reason. They are human beings.

Entirely subjective and I've only watched 2 games this season on All-22 but that is my take on it.

In 2011, Baldwin was invisible. Breaston had nearly 800 yards but hasn't seen the field much in 2012. Bowe has been Bowe. McCluster seems somewhat improved.

So, I guess I disagree with your analysis. :D

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:24 AM
1-8.

So how has anything that Haley brought to this team carried over?

Or are you saying that Haley actually has to be around for the Chiefs to play better?

They sucked last year, plain and simple, when Haley was around. They sucked in 2009 when Haley was around. They were somewhat better in 2010, when Weis and Crennell arrived, but that quickly wore off.

Todd Haley, IMO, doesn't deserve any praise, whatsoever.

milkman
11-14-2012, 12:27 AM

Or are you saying that Haley actually has to be around for the Chiefs to play better?

They sucked last year, plain and simple, when Haley was around. They sucked in 2009 when Haley was around. They were somewhat better in 2010, when Weis and Crennell arrived, but that quickly wore off.

Bullshit.

keg in kc
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Of course haley should have been fired. The team was awful last year.

Crennell shouldn't finish out the season this year, either.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Bullshit.

Exactly.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Exactly.

You have failed to prove otherwise.

Sorter
11-14-2012, 12:33 AM
In 2011, Baldwin was invisible. Breaston had nearly 800 yards but hasn't seen the field much in 2012. Bowe has been Bowe. McCluster seems somewhat improved.

So, I guess I disagree with your analysis. :D

Baldwin was invisible. Still is. However, if you just watch Bowe's snaps, time how quickly he comes out of breaks and compare that to this year, there is a difference. Moreso with Bowe than Baldwin, as that guy worked his ass off physically this offseason. He still is just not explosive at all. Can build up speed over a long distance but Jesus. People should never ever ever compare him to Julio. ROFL

This can and probably is attributable to his holdout. (Bowe's sloweness coming out of breaks) I have no idea. I haven't really analysed games this season since SD, so Bowe has probably gotten back to normal. Just something I thought you would enjoy. This isn't something I've researched heavily, although I probably can over winter break. Thanksgiving maybe, I'm not entirely sure I'll have time though.

FTR, I only recall looking at Bowe's breaks on intermediate routes (corners, digs, posts, 12 yd curls, etc.)

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Bullshit.

Okay, you're right: Haley was a GREAT strength and conditioning coach.

He sucked at everything else, especially on Sundays.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:36 AM

This team is the end result of a few things.

No quarterback
players coach following a disciplinarian
unimaginative play calling
lacking mental toughness

Tell me that Haley wouldn't have won the division for the second year in a row if Pioli had brought in Hasselback instead of Palko.

That, right there, is the difference between Haley getting fired and Haley ridding this team of Cassel and possibly drafting a kid like Dalton to groom under Hasselback.

The problem here is/was Romeo and Pioli, not Haley.

milkman
11-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Okay, you're right: Haley was a GREAT strength and conditioning coach.

He sucked at everything else, especially on Sundays.

Accountability.

Haley won 5 games before he was fired with less than Romeo has right now, and that was because he held players accountable.

He wasn't a good game day coach (yet), and his playcalling was questionable, but the team gave effort because he demanded it.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Accountability.

Haley won 5 games before he was fired with less than Romeo has right now, and that was because he held players accountable.

He wasn't a good game day coach (yet), and his playcalling was questionable, but the team gave effort because he demanded it.

I though they looked like complete and utter dogshit in 2011.

Until he was fired.

The Chiefs looked like a different team against the Packers, Broncos and Raiders than they did when Haley was the head coach.

And yes, unfortunately, that led to Crennel's hiring.

BossChief
11-14-2012, 12:47 AM
I think Haley was perceived as a bad game day coach because he was saddled to a QB he didn't believe in.

When a man (Haley) is without water (a QB) and walking through the desert (the NFL), he might have to drink his own pee (fake punt with Brodie Croyle) to stay alive.

People that have water whenever they want see a man drinking his own pee as crazy.

Unfortunately, Haley had to drink his own pee a lot because Pioli wouldnt allow him a glass of water.

keg in kc
11-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Haley was perceived as a bad gameday coach because...he was a bad gameday coach.

This is being romanticized just a bit much.

milkman
11-14-2012, 12:49 AM
I though they looked like complete and utter dogshit in 2011.

Until he was fired.

The Chiefs looked like a different team against the Packers, Broncos and Raiders than they did when Haley was the head coach.

And yes, unfortunately, that led to Crennel's hiring.

The offense looked like shit with Haley, but then Haley was working with Cassel and Palko, and Crennel worked with Orton.

But the team played harder for Haley than they are for Crennel.

They might not have liked him, but they didn't quit on him.