PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How many other towns have got the balls/money to fly banners?

Holladay
11-14-2012, 06:11 AM
I've never heard, nationaly, about a city that is sooooooo up set about their team that their fans hire a plane and banner to fly about opining about their frustration.

Or is it the advent of the internet that this kind of coverage is now shown nation wide?

Any other cities?

Or we don't have anything better to do? No beaches/mountains/other city sports/Rainman/nudie bars/Florida falling into the Atlantic/Gaz/Hurricains/ Gumbo/SportsWax.

AussieChiefsFan
11-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Well Cleveland have probably given up completely by now.

11-14-2012, 06:14 AM
This couldn't have been put in your other thread?

Holladay
11-14-2012, 06:23 AM
thought about it. but thought it would get lost. when writing the first thread, it reminded me of this topic a few weeks ago and never wrote.

short answer, yes, but in 10 hours they will go different directions and wanted this specificly answered.

and of course spam my thread count

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Please continue to start stupid threads.

mdchiefsfan
11-14-2012, 06:29 AM
thought about it. but thought it would get lost. when writing the first thread, it reminded me of this topic a few weeks ago and never wrote.

short answer, yes, but in 10 hours they will go different directions and wanted this specificly answered.

You wrote the OP. How would it get lost?

Holladay
11-14-2012, 06:33 AM
First one do banners matter.

This one is there any other towns doing this.

Two different topics.

Don't like, don't read

Holladay
11-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Well Cleveland have probably given up completely by now

Wife had a friend over from work. I wasnt suppose to talk about politics. Thus my next response was "well how bout them Chiefs?" She responded with "they suck, and I'm a Browns fan".

I bowed my head and thanked God that I'm a Chiefs fan.

Deberg_1990
11-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Im guessing any city that goes 20 years without an NFL playoff victory and 27 years without an MLB playoff appearance. How many cities meet those qualifications?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
11-14-2012, 06:47 AM
First one do banners matter.

This one is there any other towns doing this.

Two different topics.

Don't like, don't read

Nah. I'd rather read and then call the OP a moron.

11-14-2012, 06:53 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

el borracho
11-14-2012, 07:03 AM

Spam your thread count? You have only 500 posts in 12 years and suddenly you care about thread count?

By all means, please tell us your story.

BigMeatballDave
11-14-2012, 07:25 AM

LOL

Rams Fan
11-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I thought Dolphins fans did last year?

notorious
11-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Or is it the advent of the internet that this kind of coverage is now shown nation wide?

Or we don't have anything better to do? No beaches/mountains/other city sports/Rainman/nudie bars/Florida falling into the Atlantic/Gaz/Hurricains/ Gumbo/SportsWax.

Yes.

InChiefsHeaven
11-14-2012, 07:46 AM
The Donkey fans did the Tebow billboards...I don't think this is unheard of but it's bigger than the Tebow thing was because it's sustained.

Reerun_KC
11-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I can start seeing people spending their money for banners and ad campaigns agaisnt Pioli and Hunt vs going to games and buying tickets.

I have set aside money this year to bring my son to a game, But we both talked and decided that SOC gives us more value for our money than giving it to the Hunts right now.

DTLB58
11-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I still say an empty, quiet stadium would speak louder than anything.

Munson
11-14-2012, 09:58 AM
I still say an empty, quiet stadium would speak louder than anything.

They stadium has been empty all year, and Chunt hasn't done anything about it.

InChiefsHeaven
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
The stadium hasn't been it's old self since 2003 really. I went to a few games in the 90's and wasn't able to get back until 2006. HUUUGE difference...This has been a long time coming.

Bob Dole
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Nipples

loochy
11-14-2012, 11:22 AM
This really reminds me of a kcnut thread from a few weeks ago...

First i know there a thread about this but i wanted a separate thread for my thought. Bowe is good yes but i'm nervous about his dropping passes and inability to hustle to make a play. Like i think last year we had a chance to get into field goal position and try to give it to bowe but he didn't caught it. Even thou it was clearly a catchable ball. he's let it sail away. Do i want to keep bowe of course i do. He has to prove to me thou that he willing to stay and hustle because i don't him to get a big contract and him end up being Larry Johnson 2.0

Oh sure and my thought would have been lost in the other thread. That why i posted this thread.

Holladay
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Spam your thread count? You have only 500 posts in 12 years and suddenly you care about thread count?

By all means, please tell us your story.

I came over from the KC Star revolt. I read daily but usually don't have much to add since most threads are discussed ad nausuem.

The spam remark was a joke because my thread count is a joke.

I understand that the board encourages Noobs to join/start discussions ( instead of the same ole people), then flame them when they do, as to their vaulted opinion has greater weight then the Noobs.

All and all, great place to get information of any sort.

According to CP, I should have waited a day to post the similar thread. I've never seen any similar threads on CP. Sorry, my bad.

el borracho
11-15-2012, 12:35 AM
I came over from the KC Star revolt. I read daily but usually don't have much to add since most threads are discussed ad nausuem.

The spam remark was a joke because my thread count is a joke.
I understand that the board encourages Noobs to join/start discussions ( instead of the same ole people), then flame them when they do, as to their vaulted opinion has greater weight then the Noobs.

All and all, great place to get information of any sort.

According to CP, I should have waited a day to post the similar thread. I've never seen any similar threads on CP. Sorry, my bad.

tough crowd. don't worry, you can win 'em back with a really solid poop thread.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2012, 12:39 AM
It's not about balls.

Kansas City has nothing else.

This is the last gasp before apathy sets in.

The town doesn't want to see the 1980s happen again. The memory of the 90s is fading, but still driving all of this. We want that back.

jd1020
11-15-2012, 12:41 AM
What is ballsy about it?

Simply Red
11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Nipples

http://i.imgur.com/imM20.gif (http://imgur.com/imM20)

BossChief
11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
It's not about balls.

Kansas City has nothing else.

This is the last gasp before apathy sets in.

The town doesn't want to see the 1980s happen again. The memory of the 90s is fading, but still driving all of this. We want that back.

Todd Haley will win a superbowl as a head coach before the Chiefs win a playoff game if Pioli is not fired.

Hammock Parties
11-15-2012, 12:50 AM
It's too late.

The Broncos are probably going to win a Super Bowl with Manning, making Taco's ancient prophecy finally come true.

listopencil
11-15-2012, 01:45 AM
We could fly a banner. But it would say something along the lines of "Thank You John Elway."

WhiteWhale
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Ummm...

Miami Dolphin fans had a plane fly a banner over their stadium last season in the final home game that said "Fire Ireland' or something.

So yeah it's happened recently. The GM didn't get fired though. Did you guys think this was an original idea?

Radar Chief
11-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Nipples! Mine are useless! /The Bull

;)

Radar Chief
11-15-2012, 08:13 AM

That’s just nutty enough to work.

notorious
11-15-2012, 08:14 AM
That’s just nutty enough to work.

Sounds corny to me.

Holladay
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM

nice.

I did. Think it was 8 years ago:)

Poop Prank:

Walk into a busy public bathroom, see airport, with a watermelon under your jacket. Saddle up in between a row of busy stalls. Groan heavily and drop the melon into the toilet. Then sigh hugely.