PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reid the Red = Baghdad Bob

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Reid the Red, the Ginger Jesus Freak From Viking Land, writes his first puff piece. How did he spin this POS game? Headline:

ARROWHEAD WIN FOR CHIEFS still elusive.

Now that's spin doctoring that would make Karl Rove weep. Bravo. God Bless You, and your recipe for chicken salad.

http://tinyurl.com/c5yurv3

FloridaMan88
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Add "Chiefs Reporter" from kcchiefs.com, Rachel Santschi to this list as well.

Her amazing insight before the Bengals game:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Santschi-My-Take/da197730-71d6-4153-8fb6-04caead35b3b

This weekend’s game is themed to honor those who have served or are serving in our armed forces. Head coach Romeo Crennel is eager to gain a victory at Arrowhead, especially for Military Appreciation Day which remains close to his heart.

If the Chiefs can showcase the same drive and aggression they had this past Monday night, while also eliminating mistakes and thriving off of a home field advantage, they may be able to accomplish their goals in front of the home crowd.

Such breathtaking insight and analysis. Karen Kornacki would be proud.

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Meanwhile, here's a blurb from the Cincinnati paper:

KANSAS CITY – This was strictly a (takin’ care of) business trip for the Bengals. A beat-down of the 1-9 Chiefs would be redundant, and no more difficult than driving a nail. Use the proper end of the tool and pay attention to your thumb. There aren’t many teams, ever, in the NFL about which another team can say, “All we have to do is not bump into the furniture and we’ll win.’’ For a decade or so, the Bengals were one of those teams. Now it’s Kansas City’s turn.

Give Cincinnati credit for not playing down to the KC level, which at this point is somewhere in a hole in the ocean. “Diligent,’’ Marvin Lewis called his team’s effort. The Bengals set an early tone, and rode it easily to a 28-6 win.

Phobia
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
"The third quarter signified the nod to have Brady Quinn come in for relief of Cassel, but the result was more of the same."

What does that mean exactly? Lots of these words don't even belong together.

FAX
11-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Meanwhile, here's a blurb from the Cincinnati paper:

KANSAS CITY – This was strictly a (takin’ care of) business trip for the Bengals. A beat-down of the 1-9 Chiefs would be redundant, and no more difficult than driving a nail. Use the proper end of the tool and pay attention to your thumb. There aren’t many teams, ever, in the NFL about which another team can say, “All we have to do is not bump into the furniture and we’ll win.’’ For a decade or so, the Bengals were one of those teams. Now it’s Kansas City’s turn.

Give Cincinnati credit for not playing down to the KC level, which at this point is somewhere in a hole in the ocean. “Diligent,’’ Marvin Lewis called his team’s effort. The Bengals set an early tone, and rode it easily to a 28-6 win.

That, right there, is painful to read. Even with glasses.

FAX

BlackHelicopters
11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
The insight from these insiders is breathtaking.

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Here's Reid the Red's Email:

RFerrin@kcchiefs.org

We should try to turn him into an agnostic by the Colts game!

tk13
11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
If only Rufus Dawes would come out of retirement. I'd love to see a 2000 word essay about why Pioli needs 5 more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
If only Rufus Dawes would come out of retirement. I'd love to see a 2000 word essay about why Pioli needs 5 more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't tempt me....

Discuss Thrower
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I wonder if Carl really was Dawes all along..

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I wonder if Carl really was Dawes all along..

Rufus Dawes was written by King Carl and Bob Moore, the PR guy at the time.

Discuss Thrower
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Rufus Dawes was written by King Carl and Bob Moore, the PR guy at the time.

Not to have a hard-on for this, was this ever confirmed just besides the fact Rufus disappeared once Carl was canned?

gblowfish
11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
There was no more Rufus once Carl got whacked. He was taken down from the website at that same time.

Discuss Thrower
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM
There was no more Rufus once Carl got whacked. He was taken down from the website at that same time.

So I figured.

the Talking Can
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
3rd grade grammar

siberian khatru
11-19-2012, 12:46 PM
What boring shit.

RealSNR
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Rufus was gone long before then, but around the time he disappeared was when Bob Moore started posting his own stuff on kcchiefs.com

gblowfish
11-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Reid the Red is back again this week with another gem of turd polishing. Check this headline:

"Strong Defensive Effort Not Enough to Overcome Manning, Broncos."

Why, those Broncos were lucky to win, I tell you. The Chiefs put up a heck of a fight, and had a lead doggone it. But the dag blame Broncos were just too much to overcome. I'm sure we'll win the day next week, dag nabbit!

Read the full drek here:

http://tinyurl.com/cvmuaxk

the Talking Can
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
painful to read...may write worse than athan

siberian khatru
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
At least this time he got the Broncos kicker correct

siberian khatru
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Also, I liked this comment under the article:

Vince Young is out there, When he is in a game , defenses respect his abilities... Bring him in and take a look at him.... Vince play at a high level, and will compliment the offense... The price would be LOW... The reward could be super (as in SuperBowl)...

Brooklyn
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Looks like Landry from FNL.

RealSNR
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I hope Reid is the first spare employee that our new GM fires

Chief Roundup
11-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh so he can recap the game in writing. Anyone else notice/get a chuckle out of him using the word matriculate. That is a word out of our history wonder if he thinks it will gain him something with the fans.

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Or.. you know, it just has become part of the lexicon for sportswriters who have to dive into a thesaurus to make their otherwise boring and repetitious game summaries stand out...

Phobia
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Couldn't finish the latest one. I guess it was written for people who didn't watch the game. Professional football doesn't lend itself to interesting text play-by-play commentary. Hopefully the guy will get a little more colorful eventually. I'm dying to rip up some good Pioli applogists.

gblowfish
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Reid the Red on today's game:
http://tinyurl.com/bu3kx7m

siberian khatru
12-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Reid the Red on today's game:
http://tinyurl.com/bu3kx7m

"Rallying the Chiefs, the Kingdom noise erupted"

WTF?

gblowfish
12-02-2012, 10:43 PM