PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bill Maas says something smart

Hammock Parties
11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Nailed it. And he revealed that he talked to someone who knew Pioli personally before he was hired and recommended that he not be.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/715436244995"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/715436244995" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Chiefspants
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
That blows.

Simply Red
11-19-2012, 09:21 PM
fuck Bill Maas.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2012, 09:22 PM
The next time Maas says something smart will be his first.

BigRedChief
11-19-2012, 09:24 PM
WTF? He just told SOC to raise $8 million and then give it to Clark to acquire FA's to improve the team. He is dead to me.

Chiefaholic
11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
spot on... It doesn't matter WHEN Pioli is fired right now because the season's already in the tank. However, Clark needs to take his time finding the new GM and hopefully get it right this time.

wazu
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
spot on... It doesn't matter WHEN Pioli is fired right now because the season's already in the tank. However, Clark needs to take his time finding the new GM and hopefully get it right this time.

That's the thing. If he hires a GM today, he has that much longer to evaluate existing resources and get his scout team ready to go. Why wait? Is there anything of value that Pioli provides day-to-day right now?

notorious
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Did he really take credit for suggesting Marty as the HC?

Ace Gunner
11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
So, Maas just told Clark to not be an absentee owner. With regard to the Chiefs/NFL, I doubt Clark can be anything else but an absentee owner.

Deberg_1990
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM

yea......what a dumbass.

O.city
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
So what exactly did he say?

RealSNR
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Bill Maas, what one thing would you say to the Chiefs right now?

PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

Simply Red
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Bill Maas, what one thing would you say to the Chiefs right now?

PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

can't stop the marching powder.

notorious
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I liked what he said about family.

The fans are there for him. We will not judge him for his mistake, just fix it and move on.

DTLB58
11-19-2012, 09:53 PM

YES

Chiefaholic
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
That's the thing. If he hires a GM today, he has that much longer to evaluate existing resources and get his scout team ready to go. Why wait? Is there anything of value that Pioli provides day-to-day right now?

The sooner Clark hires a GM the better obviously. However, he needs to do a lot of freakin research this round and pick the right guy for the position. I don't really blame him for initially hiring Pioli based upon his resume. However, it's time to swallow his pride, admit the hire was a mistake, and get a different canidate in here that has plenty of experience building successful franchises.

kysirsoze
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM

I don't think Pioli provides any value, but unless his replacement is sitting around, waiting to be hired mid-season, I don't know the value in firing him immediately.

It seems to me the most attractive candidates would be busy on their current teams right now. I know coaches usually finish out seasons before entertaining upward mobility on other teams. Are front office guys not expected to do the same?

keg in kc
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
It takes a great deal of courage and integrity and intestinal fortitude to come out and say that bit about the "person he knew" in 2012 after Pioli has failed. I'd be a bit more impressed if this video was from 2009 and he was speaking in the present tense giving a warning for the future.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2012, 12:06 AM
It takes a great deal of courage and integrity and intestinal fortitude to come out and say that bit about the "person he knew" in 2012 after Pioli has failed. I'd be a bit more impressed if this video was from 2009 and he was speaking in the present tense giving a warning for the future.

Maas is a phony

Titty Meat
11-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Bill Maas is the new Nick Athan

KCUnited
11-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Together Is Powderful

BlackHelicopters
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Maas was surprisingly lucid. Smart is a stretch. He made some valid points, but broke no new ground.

Rausch
11-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Maas was surprisingly lucid. Smart is a stretch. He made some valid points, but broke no new ground.

In his own mongoloid way he basically said Clark isn't a football guy and needs to bring in better football minds to advise him.

This, amazingly enough, would be a "moment of clarity" from him...

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I thought it was a good message.

Lex Luthor
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
My opinion of Bill Maas will alway be clouded by memories of him saying over and over in post-game shows that someday Brodie Croyle will be playing in significant games in the NFL, and that the Chiefs need to be the team he plays them for.

HC_Chief
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
My favorite "Maasism" is when he said "...just throw a helmet out on the field; we'll win that one!" in reference to a Chiefs/Pats game circa 1992.

The 1992 Patriots were putrid; not unlike this year's Chiefs team. Still, they took offense to Maas' slight and played their asses off, nearly winning the game AT Arrowhead.

Chief Roundup
11-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I like the idea of a panel of football people, but the problem is Marty seems to be the only football mind that Clark knows other than what we are trying to rid ourselves of.

jAZ
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Demanding, really.

jwhit
11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Wow. Maas just basically asked Clark Hunt to hire him as a consultant.

Maas took credit for hiring Marty Schottenheimer. Maas then said his sources told him Pioli would be a bad hire. Then Maas said he identified Mike Tomlin as a head coach before anyone else.

Maas doesn't want a panel of experts. He wants Clark Hunt to believe Bill Maas is his football family and Bill Maas can save the Chiefs.

Jeezuz.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
LOL. Whitlock makes pretty good points.

The idea of Maas advising Clark is pretty scary.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I always liked Marty, I'd be happy as hell if he was back to run thing. I know, I'm stuped !

htismaqe
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM
LOL. Whitlock makes pretty good points.

The idea of Maas advising Clark is pretty scary.

Who knows, maybe Clark is looking for a different avenue to procure some blow...

T-post Tom
11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Maas doesn't want a panel of experts. He wants Clark Hunt to believe Bill Maas is his football family and Bill Maas can save the Chiefs.

Jeezuz.

You worked with Bill, so I'll go with your hypothesis. Do you think Clark Hunt would benefit from Bill's advice?

In your mind, is there anyone (else) from Chiefs' history that Clark should call on for "football" advice?

KCFaninSEA
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Most people worth a look for a GM job are currently working somewhere else. Probably not a good idea to go and try to raid another organization midseason. The one name I can think of that most consider a good front office guy is Bill Polian.

Cheater5
11-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I think people assume too much regarding Clark Hunt and his alleged behind the scenes work to find a GM. No, I don't know people inside the organization, but I have worked at higher level/operational organizations and the assumption is always "they HAVE to know what's going on...the boss must be acutely aware of the problem and is working a solution."

More often than not, he is does not have the accurate read because the very people who need to be removed are helping him define the problem. I say this especially in the case of bosses who are hands off and put a large amount of responsibility for running the show on their subordinates.

I don't think Clark is on the verge of firing anyone. I don't think he's even begun to explore potential GM or HC candidates. On one side he's witnessing a stream of Bloody Sundays, and on the other he's got Pioli telling him the "way ahead" out of this mess...probably throwing RAC under the bus, I'd guess.

My guess is he's just begun seeking counsel outside One Arrowhead Drive with some of his father's old partners. We won't see any movement whatsoever until most likely post-Super Bowl. Just my guess.

T-post Tom
11-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Most people worth a look for a GM job are currently working somewhere else. Probably not a good idea to go and try to raid another organization midseason. The one name I can think of that most consider a good front office guy is Bill Polian.

I've heard Polian mentioned as well as Charley Casserly and Jerry Angelo. Other than that, the choices do seem pretty slim until after the season.

FAX
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
ROFL

Maas went full Dear Abby on this deal. Put a beehive wig on that boy.

FAX

gretnanefan
11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
i agree with chiefaholic hunt needs to take his time and have the right people hired, then let the firing begin!

Rausch
11-20-2012, 12:03 PM
ROFL

Maas went full Dear Abby on this deal. Put a beehive wig on that boy.

FAX

You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b2ccC4aULow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jallmon
11-20-2012, 12:33 PM

Maas took credit for hiring Marty Schottenheimer. Maas then said his sources told him Pioli would be a bad hire. Then Maas said he identified Mike Tomlin as a head coach before anyone else.

Jeezuz.

Oh, boy. We can have our very own Matt Millen.

Rausch
11-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Jeezuz.

And during his parade of stupid he did make one good point: Clark, hire some good football people that you trust and lean on them...

dallaschiefsfan
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Any guy that knows NFL player personnel people - and is NOT looking for a GM job - has the potential to be a decent adviser. I have no clue who that would be...but those are the only types that I want for advising Clark.