PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The sports teams I love SUCK! Can you top this?

scho63
11-25-2012, 06:06 PM
This is going to seem like a joke and I wish it was.

When I was 7 years old and started to watch sports, I picked the Chiefs for football, the Pirates for baseball, the Bullets (now the Wizards) for NBA and the Blackhawks for NHL. I think it was either for them winning or their uniforms-either way it was a horrible choice.

To make matters worse, I grew up in NJ without any other fans like me.

Here I am 42 years later and I continue to suffer beyond what anyone should have to deal with as a sports fan;

Chiefs-42 years w/o a Super Bowl appearance, nearly 20 years w/o a playoff win and pretty much misery for the most part except Marty's run

Pirates-Won a World Series with Willie Stargell and Dave Parker in the 80's but now it's been 20 straight years with a losing record, which is a record across EVERY major sport

Wizards-One championship in the 80's with Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld but since then they suck and now they have started the season at 0-11 and will likely haVe another losing season even though they slected John Wall as #1 pick and he is out with a major injury.

Blackhawks-They sucked for 25 years and I finally got to celebrate a Stanley Cup a few years ago but now they are going backwards fast.

So tell me who you like and can you beat my suffering???

:doh!:

Bugeater
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I was born a Husker fan. I'm good. :)

DBOSHO
11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Im also a wizards fan. Youre not alone.

scho63
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Im also a wizards fan. Youre not alone.

So you like two of four-Chiefs and Wizards?

KurtCobain
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM

haha, they have had good scouting though.

My teams suck too. Miz, chiefs, royals, bulls.

mr. tegu
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Plenty of people here are Chiefs, Royals, and Tigers fans. That is worst than your combination by far. Heck you have a championship recently.

guitarmy21b
Texas Rangers - 2 embarrassing WS losses is the best thing in team history
Minnesota Wild - 2 playoff appearances in team history

Until 2 years ago the Chiefs were the best team I rooted for, which is sad.

Saul Good
A buddy of mine was born in Cleveland but moved to KC when he was a kid. He is a fan of all Cleveland and KC teams as well as Mizzou. He wins.

kcpasco
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm thankful I got Cardinals baseball.
Chiefs Cards Mizzou Blues

Chiefaholic
11-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm thankful I got Cardinals baseball.
Chiefs Cards Mizzou Blues

Throw in the Bulls and we root for the same teams.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I thank God for Jayhawk basketball, even with all the early tourney exits.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
A buddy of mine was born in Cleveland but moved to KC when he was a kid. He is a fan of all Cleveland and KC teams as well as Mizzou. He wins.

Dear heavenly God.

kcpasco
Throw in the Bulls and we root for the same teams.

I don't follow the NBA to much anymore but when I was a kid for some odd reason I liked Phoenix.

I guess I'm cursed there to.

Paniero
Chiefs (69), Royals (85), Knicks (73) and Flyers (75). I was only alive for the Royals championship.

Rams Fan
11-25-2012, 06:36 PM

Yep.LMAO

bigjosh
11-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Mine aren't that bad. Chiefs obviously. I am a texas rangers fan, which sucked up until a couple years ago. But being from New England i love me some bruins hockey and Celtics basketball. But I am always a football fan first and that gets kind of saddening at times.

Reaper16
11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
As far as the U.S. big 4 pro leagues and the two major college sports:

Chiefs (69), Royals (85), Missouri Tigers (never), Orlando Magic (never). Wasn't even alive for the Royals win. That's pretty rough.

Molitoth
11-25-2012, 06:46 PM
NFL - chiefs, lions
MLB - royals
NCAA fb - Nebraska
NCAA bb - Missouri

I was too young to enjoy the royals ws and cared more about other things during the tom Osborn era.

ClevelandBronco
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM

When I was 7 years old and started to watch sports, I picked the Chiefs for football, the Pirates for baseball, the Bullets (now the Wizards) for NBA and the Blackhawks for NHL. I think it was either for them winning or their uniforms-either way it was a horrible choice.

Here I am 42 years later and I continue to suffer beyond what anyone should have to deal with as a sports fan;

Chiefs-42 years w/o a Super Bowl appearance, nearly 20 years w/o a playoff win and pretty much misery for the most part except Marty's run

Pirates-Won a World Series with Willie Stargell and Dave Parker in the 80's but now it's been 20 straight years with a losing record, which is a record across EVERY major sport

Wizards-One championship in the 80's with Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld but since then they suck and now they have started the season at 0-11 and will likely haVe another losing season even though they slected John Wall as #1 pick and he is out with a major injury.

Blackhawks-They sucked for 25 years and I finally got to celebrate a Stanley Cup a few years ago but now they are going backwards fast.

I grew up in Cleveland rooting for the home teams. Excuse me, but I got trump.

ClevelandBronco
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM

Okay, I had trump until I read about this poor schmuck.

Al Bundy
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Bucs-Royals-Golden State Warriors-Flames.... some real crappy years

Frazod
11-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Chiefs
Cards
Mizzou

Thank God for the Cards. But last year seems really fucking distant right now.

Gonzo
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM

Not since 95, buddy. Lets see, 17 years now?

Oh sure, I guess you can hang your hat on all those big 12 championship game wins... Oh wait I meant all of those big 12 north championships. Fuck yeah, like a boss.
Fuck Iowa State!

:D

Shogun
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Chiefs
Royals
KU
Celtics

Basketball season is the shit

Bugeater
11-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Not since 95, buddy. Lets see, 17 years now?

Oh sure, I guess you can hang your hat on all those big 12 championship game wins... Oh wait I meant all of those big 12 north championships. Fuck yeah, like a boss.
Fuck Iowa State!

:D
97 was actually the last Nat'l Title, FTR. And since then, well at least we've played in quite a few conference title games (and yet another one next week), which is more than Mizzou fan can say. So let's not throw stones here...mmmkay?

Gonzo
11-25-2012, 07:09 PM
97 was actually the last Nat'l Title, FTR. And since then, well at least we've played in quite a few conference title games (and yet another one next week), which is more than Mizzou fan can say. So let's not throw stones here...mmmkay?
LMAO

Was 97 the one that Michigan won too?

I know I didn't get my free fucking TV from NFM.
NOW STOP LIVING IN DENIAL AND BE DEPRESSED WITH EVERYONE ELSE!

(Damn good thing Ohio State is on probation, huh?)

TEX
11-25-2012, 07:10 PM
I can come close to beating the OP's futility....
CHIEFS
HOUSTON OILERS
ASTROS
ROCKETS
HOUSTON COUGARS

How I can still watch sports is a small miracle.

scho63
11-25-2012, 07:11 PM

That hurts! :deevee:

LiveSteam
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
NFL - chiefs, lions
MLB - royals
NCAA fb - Nebraska
NCAA bb - Creighton Bluejays

I was too young to enjoy the royals ws and cared more about other things during the tom Osborn era.

Fixed your post. :D

Mama Hip Rockets
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM

You do realize that a great number of us like the Royals and Chiefs, right? How is that any better than the Pirates and Chiefs, plus a hockey team that just won a championship a couple years ago?

displacedinMN
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Football:
Iowa
Chiefs

Terrible year.

Watched NWMO lose on saturday-so my football season is over.
At least NW knows how to win once in a while.

On a massive attendance losing streak.

2007 Tennessee 26 KC 17
2008 Iowa 55 Minnesota 0 last win. last game in dome. Some couple has sex in bathroom.
2010 NWestern 17 Iowa 13
2010 Minnesota 27 Iowa 24 -coldest game i have ever attended
2011 Minnesota 22 Iowa 21-
2012 Iowa State 9 Iowa 6 front row seats-free
2012 Mankato State 38 NWMO 35 1.5 hours from home-not 7.

I wasn't going to ever attend another game again after Minn-Iowa 2010. But opportunities happen.

Like the Twins and the Royals-not a big fan but they both have been terrible the last two years.

Davechief
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Chiefs and Cubs fan for 40 plus years. Nuff Said!

Titty Meat
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm a Nebraska basketball fan match that suck

Brooklyn
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Knicks, Mets, Chiefs. Used to be an LA Kings fan but I stopped watching the NHL after the 1994 lockout. One of my teams actually wins something I haven't even watched the sport in almost 20 years.

carlos3652
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Chiefs (69), Royals (85), Suns (none), Coyotes (none), Sporting KC (00) - UGH.

KC_Connection
11-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Sure, I can beat that with Chiefs, Jays, Raptors, and Leafs as far as professional teams go.

Chiefs=Chiefs
Blue Jays>Pirates (the Jays have been better for sure, but no playoff appearances for both in like two decades for both teams, so it's not that far apart)
Raptors=Wizards (These teams suck ass)
Leafs<<<< Blackhawks (Recent cup makes the Blackhawks way ahead)

I also follow KU sports. The basketball is elite, but I think the complete failings of the football make up for that.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Chiefs
O's-Hope they can keep up with what they did last year.
Terps

beach tribe
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
No team I have ever given a shit about has ever won anything, and every team I have ever hated with a passion, has won multiple championships.
I also played QB in HS and my GF of 3 years left me for the QB who played before me, who was all state and gave him her virginity immediately following my 0-10 season.(don't laugh. Fuck you.)
The girl was definitely a "great white buffalo" too.
(allthough I deserved it because I took a few other girls virginity in that time span.)
And all of this was was in the 90's when all of my friends were all Dallas or SF fans, and were winning SBs while I was a Chiefs fan.
The only way I will ever know football glory is through the Chiefs. After this long though it will be damn glorious....if it ever happens.

Psyko Tek
11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
chiefs
suns
don't watch the other sports
hell haven't watched the suns
in 2 years

In58men
11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Chiefs

Dodgers

Lakers

Trojans

NACSAR: Carl Edwards

lewdog
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Chiefs

Dodgers

Lakers

Trojans

Well you can just go suck a dick because this is the LOSERS thread, not the winners thread, asshole!

In58men
11-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Well you can just go suck a dick because this is the LOSERS thread, not the winners thread, asshole!

Being from Cali, I should have picked 49ers lol. Instead I picked Chiefs.

lewdog
11-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Chiefs

Dodgers

Lakers

Trojans

Nevermind, I see why you posted this in the I love suck thread....you watch Nascar. LMAO

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Chiefs - enough said
Royals - ditto
Missouri State basketball - see above
Mizzou football - see above
Heat/Kings - well one is good, the other is carbon copy of above
Blues - see above

Aidan
11-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Figurues you would be a nubsters fan.

okcchief
11-26-2012, 12:30 AM
Chiefs
Royals
Thunder ( I was a KC Kings and Sixers fan as a kid/teen.)
KU

It's kind of interesting to see how some seek out losing teams from other markets. My teams were chosen because Iived in KC and now live in OKC with the exception of the Sixers. Dr. J was the shit :)

MMXcalibur
11-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Well, I only follow the Chiefs and the Penguins.
Given the NHL is locked out, that means I have to completely focus on this dungpile of a football team....so, yeah.....that's all I got.

****ing Gary Bettman....

Phobia
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Chiefs fan
Hawkeye fan
Royals fan - kinda, even though I only watch postseason baseball.
Blackhawks fan - kinda, even though I don't really watch much NHL
Total bandwagon NBA fan. I followed the Bulls dynasty because they had a couple Iowa alum on the bench and I followed the Rockets run because I lived in Houston during their championship runs. It was kinda fun when they won but I didn't gain great pleasure from any NBA allegiances.

So, yeah, I got it bad too.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2012, 12:43 AM
A co-worker and I were debating who was the more miserable fan between my Chiefs and his Wizards recently.

I think you win.

KurtCobain
11-26-2012, 12:45 AM
It would be something sweet to be born in la or Boston.

UK_Chief
11-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Bristol City soccer team in England. They have been terrible since 1905...

kcxiv
11-26-2012, 04:01 AM
It would be something sweet to be born in la or Boston.

I was born in L.A the Lakers have more then kept me satisfied. lol Dodgers? eh i was a kid in 1988, i had just turned 12 when they won. lol I dont care about the other pro sports teams in L.A. Im not much of a college football/basketball fan. Only recently this year been watching colllege football, because i hear the Chiefs may be looking for a QB (haha, i know).

The Chiefs man, they just dissapoint year after year.

Dragonocho
11-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Washington Generals

DC.chief
11-26-2012, 09:19 AM

thats rough...

for me its Chiefs, Titans, capitals, wizards. Wizards have been terrible as long as I can remember. Outside of the few years of sucess with eddie george and mcnair the titans haven't done shit. Caps have done well in the reg season the past couple years only to choke in the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Chiefs fan
Royals and Expos fan
Cubs fan
Charlotte Bobcats fan
FLorida Panthers fan
Toronto FC fan (MLS)

I win

the steam
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
How bout anyone who lives in Cleveland? Browns,Cavs and Indians.

TEX
11-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah well in addtion to my teams being so bad (Chiefs, Astros, Rockets, Houston Cougars) - My girlfriend is a fucking BITCH! So there...:cuss:

DLand21
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Born and raised in Bama, so Saban Nation is the shit.

College: Alabama Crimson Tide (From birth, I bleed crimson)
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs (SEC flavor throughout the roster, love the college-like atmosphere at Arrowhead)
MLB: Milwaukee Brewers (Their team name is about beer, that's just fantastic)
NBA: Boston Celtics (Huge Rondo fan since he was at UK)

DJ's left nut
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM

I have a buddy that can beat this:

Chiefs - already stated
Royals - no need to expound
Cubs - Actually worse than the Pirates
St. Louis Blues - have NEVER won a Stanley Cup, let alone won one in the last 5 years
Mizzou - Better at stepping on their dicks than anyone you'll ever witness.

I have the Cardinals and Lakers that keep me going as a sports fan, so I'm clearly out of the discussion. But the guy above has it as tough as they come. And I think that's what has turned him into the eternal optimist he is.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-26-2012, 06:37 PM
How bout anyone who lives in Cleveland? Browns,Cavs and Indians.

At least the Cavs and Indians have won playoff games in the last 10 or 20 years .

alanm
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Chiefs
Royals-Rockies- Since their NL it's cool
Denver Nuggets
Huskers
Eh.. could be worse.