PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs QB question

Luke
11-26-2012, 10:32 AM
I may be wrong, but have we not had qb"s who although had good publicity, yet were delegated to holding clipboards the whole season? It seems it was during the Grbac/Bono years?

My point is what happens if we draft a "quality" qb only to have him ride the pine to gain "experience"?

Didn't this happen before?

mr. tegu
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Doesn't happen in today's NFL.

bobbything
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I may be wrong, but have we not had qb"s who although had good publicity, yet were delegated to holding clipboards the whole season? It seems it was during the Grbac/Bono years?

My point is what happens if we draft a "quality" qb only to have him ride the pine to gain "experience"?

Didn't this happen before?
Blundin was the only legitimate attempt at drafting a QB and trying to "develop" him. And even he was a stretch. I don't really recall him getting much of a chance. He was here during the Kreig/Montana/Bono years. There was no way Marty was ever going to give that guy a shot.

Then again, I think the only other team he played for was Detroit; and they never played him either. So, he sucked.

Just another in the short list of QBs the Chiefs have taken relatively early that never panned out.

Luke
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
You must realize I have been a Chiefs fan since SB1, I are an old fart.:D

Deberg_1990
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Blundin was the only legitimate attempt at drafting a QB and trying to "develop" him. And even he was a stretch. I don't really recall him getting much of a chance. He was here during the Kreig/Montana/Bono years. There was no way Marty was ever going to give that guy a shot.

Then again, I think the only other team he played for was Detroit; and they never played him either. So, he sucked.

Just another in the short list of QBs the Chiefs have taken relatively early that never panned out.

Yea, Blundin just sort of got lost after Montana and Bono arrived. I remember he was tall and had a good arm. They also drafted Elkins in the 2nd round in 89, but i have no idea what happened to him?

RealSNR
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Can't draft a QB. Brodie Croyle has spent his time on the bench, and now he's ready!

threebag
11-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Matt Warewolves of Blundin

Rain Man
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Todd Blackledge remains the greatest quarterback we've drafted since the AFL-NFL merger.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Blundin only threw 8 passes for the Chiefs. No starts.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BlunMa00.htm

Elkins only threw 2 passes

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElkiMi00.htm

:facepalm:

BoneKrusher
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
if we drafted a QB to ride the pine behind Cassel and Quinn the Chiefs would have a Pro Bowl clipboard holder. i mean these two could teach the kid all the do's and donts of how to hold a clipboard just right.