PDA

View Full Version : Football Will Notre Dame be the worst participant in a National Championship game?

|Zach|
11-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Not an ND hater and not disputing their place in the game but...I feel like this is going to be a total trashing.

ND is 76th in scoring offense a 26 pts per. Outside of Miami 43 OU 7 and USC 37 ND hasn't played a scoring offense ranked higher than 57.

Pablo
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I certainly hope so. I don't want to witness another generation of bandwagon Domers living off this year.

The Bad Guy
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
I know ND's offense is nothing special, but the team has beaten the most top 25 teams or bowl eligible teams. I can't remember which was on the graphic I saw.

They are a really good team.

Smed1065
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Pest banged your mom.

Buck
11-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I think OU got trounced by USC one time too.

11-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't even like ND and am sick of the ND bashing this year.

Rausch
11-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I'll be cheering for them...

65TossPowerTrap
11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
It was a cute feel good story Notre Dame is not the calibur of the SEC champion

mikeyis4dcats.
11-27-2012, 07:45 PM
that's a dumb question. there have been worse. they got lucky twice, and SHOULDN"T be there if things go as they should have, but they are there. Get over it.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
It was a cute feel good story Notre Dame is not the calibur of the SEC champion

if that's Georgia or Alabama, who have they beaten to be "worthy"?

At least Notre Dame has a decent schedule.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Not an ND fan by any means, but they deserve to be there.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Jesus - what more does ND have to do?

They just keep beating good teams. That defense is friggen legit, kids.

Are they going to lose? Yeah, probably. But let's not act like they're going to be as bad as VaTech in the Suger Bowl, Ohio State against Florida or some of those 'default' Nebraska or OU squads that just got in there on name recognition before losing by 30.

Notre Dame started the season unranked, beat a bunch of quality opponents and earned their shot, which is a damn sight more than most teams over the last decade or two can say.

The haters can lick my taint on this one - there's not been a team in a long time that has fought uphill harder than ND has to get this far. I hope they finish the job.

notorious
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
The deserve it.

SAUTO
11-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Jesus - what more does ND have to do?

They just keep beating good teams. That defense is friggen legit, kids.

Are they going to lose? Yeah, probably. But let's not act like they're going to be as bad as VaTech in the Suger Bowl, Ohio State against Florida or some of those 'default' Nebraska or OU squads that just got in there on name recognition before losing by 30.

Notre Dame started the season unranked, beat a bunch of quality opponents and earned their shot, which is a damn sight more than most teams over the last decade or two can say.

The haters can lick my taint on this one - there's not been a team in a long time that has fought uphill harder than ND has to get this far. I hope they finish the job. this. Sadly. This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
It's not like they lost their last game 62-36 before playing in the title game.

blaise
I don't know all the participants off the top of my head, but I would think there's been worse. Their defense is legit.
I'm not much of a Notre Dame fan but I'd like to see them beat an SEC team just to shut all that SEC garbage up for a year.

The Franchise
Stupid thread is stupid.

I'll eat my crow if they lose.....but if ND wins.....you fuckers aren't going to hear the end of it.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Massive props to the Husker for eating a little bit of the shit they deserve for that one.

You'd be hard pressed to see a team ever be a less deserving entrant, IMO. The BCS should've died right then and there.

notorious
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Or 35-7.

SAUTO
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Stupid thread is stupid.

I'll eat my crow if they lose.....but if ND wins.....you fuckers aren't going to hear the end of it.

Hence the "sadly" in my last post.

Notre Dame fans are petty over the top
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Stupid thread is stupid.

Is it bad juju to break out my Powlus jersey? I feel like it might be.

The Franchise
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Hence the "sadly" in my last post.

Notre Dame fans are petty over the top
Posted via Mobile Device

I've actually been pretty humble so far.

Saul Good
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
They will be the worst participant in a national championship game this season.

lewdog
11-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I certainly hope so. I don't want to witness another generation of bandwagon Domers living off this year.

+1, that is my biggest reason I hate them. Tons of bandwagoners that jumped on this ship for no damn good reason.

lewdog
11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Stupid thread is stupid.

I'll eat my crow if they lose.....but if ND wins.....you ****ers aren't going to hear the end of it.

You should change your avatar to Brady Quinn again.

SAUTO
I've actually been pretty humble so far.

You have lol. Wait until they win though.

You fuckers are going to be annoying for years
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
Massive props to the Husker for eating a little bit of the shit they deserve for that one.

You'd be hard pressed to see a team ever be a less deserving entrant, IMO. The BCS should've died right then and there.

Deserving? No. However a billion teams lost infront of them and i'm pretty sure any other team would have lost just as badly. That Hurricane team was a fucking NFL team.

But yeah I would say that Husker team was the least deserving out of any other team to appear in the BCS. I'm not sure why people are bitching about Notre Dame. If anything it should be Alabama people bitch about.

tk13
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
I think worst ever might be a stretch, although I wonder how their offense will match up with an SEC defense. I'm not sure Alabama's a good matchup for them.

They are probably better than they get credit for and Kelly is a good coach. But at the same time, Notre Dame almost lost to Pittsburgh... really they should've lost that game but got lucky. Pittsburgh got whipped by Youngstown State. If they'd lost that game they wouldn't even be in this discussion. Sometimes it just comes down to luck though.

Saul Good
11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Deserving? No. However a billion teams lost infront of them and i'm pretty sure any other team would have lost just as badly. That Hurricane team was a ****ing NFL team.

But yeah I would say that Husker team was the least deserving out of any other team to appear in the BCS. I'm not sure why people are bitching about Notre Dame. If anything it should be Alabama people bitch about.

Why would Alabama get bitched about? They shit all over Texas, they shit all over LSU, and they're going to shit all over Notre Dame.

BWillie
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I might hate SEC jerkoff fan boys more than Notre Dame. I honestly think ill be rooting f9r ND. I expect Bame to beat them by 3 TDs but u never know. Its hard for me to put my finger on how good ND is

Ceej
11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
The only thing that'll make ND in the title game worth watching is if they bring back that cartoon character Lou Holtz back.

Deberg_1990
11-27-2012, 08:07 PM
What if Georgia beats Bama?

Titty Meat
Why would Alabama get bitched about? They shit all over Texas, they shit all over LSU, and they're going to shit all over Notre Dame.

They're lucky because OSU is ineligible.

lewdog
The only thing that'll make ND in the title game worth watching is if they bring back that cartoon character Lou Holtz back.

The only way I am watching is if Lou Holtz isn't on there so I don't have to hear his annoying lisp!

Sorter
11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
What if Georgia beats Bama?

Then GA plays ND.

Probably a win for teh SEC. Murray rockets up draft boards and declares early. Chiefs take Murray over Smith.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:09 PM

Because Alabama is another 1-loss team that was damn near a 2-loss team. Do they really have a better argument than Oregon does? Hell, they only have a slightly better argument than KSU (or Florida, for that matter).

Alabama is clearly the best team in the country, IMO, but there are teams that can point to resumes that are as good as theirs.

Only Ohio State can begin to argue that they have a resume as good as NDs. Lord help us if Urban Meyer ever "De-Big 10's" that school and actually learns to use the talent available in Ohio. It was only the neanderball approach of Tressel and everyone else in the B1G that kept Ohio State from raping faces. If Meyer can get them playing a similar style to Florida, the B1G champion will be a foregone conclusion for the next decade.

Titty Meat
In a 1 game scenario I take Saban over Reicht 100/100 times

The Franchise
I hate that stupid "should've lost to Pitt" argument. Crazy shit happens all the time. Alabama should've lost to LSU if that's the case.

notorious
11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Because Alabama is another 1-loss team that was damn near a 2-loss team. Do they really have a better argument than Oregon does? Hell, they only have a slightly better argument than KSU (or Florida, for that matter).

Alabama is clearly the best team in the country, IMO, but there are teams that can point to resumes that are as good as theirs.

Only Ohio State can begin to argue that they have a resume as good as NDs. Lord help us if Urban Meyer ever "De-Big 10's" that school and actually learns to use the talent available in Ohio. It was only the neanderball approach of Tressel and everyone else in the B1G that kept Ohio State from raping faces. If Meyer can get them playing a similar style to Florida, the B1G champion will be a foregone conclusion for the next decade.

Hell, he will rape the Big 10 for the next 10 years if he stays there.

tk13
11-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I hate that stupid "should've lost to Pitt" argument. Crazy shit happens all the time. Alabama should've lost to LSU if that's the case.

You are right. Except LSU is approximately

times better than Pittsburgh.

Sorter

I agree, however I do feel Stanford got screwed. Don't really care either way though.

Ceej
The only way I am watching is if Lou Holtz isn't on there so I don't have to hear his annoying lisp!

Exthcuth me?

Betht damn football coach around!

keg in kc
They're not the worst. But I'll be surprised if they lose by less than a TD. Not that wacky things can't happen. That's why they play the games.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2012, 08:14 PM
The difference is, Pitt sucks, LSU does not.

That said, I think it could be close.

Titty Meat
11-27-2012, 08:14 PM
OSU should be a powerhouse for awhile Miller is a special player but Hoke is doing a great job at Michigan with recruiting and let's see if Pelini has turned a corner this year before we crown OSU for the next decade.

tk13
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
The fact anyone would even mention LSU in the same sentence as Pittsburgh is a joke. Pittsburgh lost by 14 points to a I-AA team. Don't even bring that garbage in here. Notre Dame got a break against Stanford, got lucky against Pittsburgh, and caught a break against USC.

That said, they earned it, they won the games in the end. I have no problem with that. They are either a team of destiny or they're going to be slaughtered at the altar of the SEC.

Valiant
11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I know ND's offense is nothing special, but the team has beaten the most top 25 teams or bowl eligible teams. I can't remember which was on the graphic I saw.

They are a really good team.

Uhh.. That is misleading when you beat some teams early on that are ranked and end up sucking..

They really played 3 ranked teams.. They still ran the board and went undefeated, I also think you should not be allowed to play in a championship game if you do not play in conference with a championship game..

I hope they utterly get destroyed..

Reaper16
11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Notre Dame is about as good as any team this season. They will put up a strong fight.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
If they won, ND would be in the conversation along with 02 Ohio State and 98 Tennessee for weakest champion ever.

keg in kc
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
OSU should be a powerhouse for awhile Miller is a special player but Hoke is doing a great job at Michigan with recruiting and let's see if Pelini has turned a corner this year before we crown OSU for the next decade.Speaking as a michigan fan, I think Robinson graduating is going to be the best thing for the team. They'll have Gardner (who I think should have been starting the last two seasons) for two more years once he gets granted his medical redshirt from 2010, and Shane Morris (5 star recruit for 2013...) steps in after that.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:24 PM
If they won, ND would be in the conversation along with 02 Ohio State and 98 Tennessee for weakest champion ever.

Fucking Broncos fans...Jesus you guys are stupid.

Yeah, an undefeated football team that beat USC AND Oklahoma on the road and Alabama on a neutral site would go down as a weak national champion.

If this team wins the title, it absolutely deserves every accolade it gets.

The ND haters are far FAR more obnoxious than the ND fans.

The Franchise
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Fucking Broncos fans...Jesus you guys are stupid.

Yeah, an undefeated football team that beat USC AND Oklahoma on the road and Alabama on a neutral site would go down as a weak national champion.

If this team wins the title, it absolutely deserves every accolade it gets.

The ND haters are far FAR more obnoxious than the ND fans.

This.

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
With all due respect to my friend Pest, if Notre Dame was named Tulane, Boise State, Utah or any number of other schools, they'd be outside the Top Ten.

I doubt they can beat a Top Ten team.

But hey, it is what it is this year.

BigCatDaddy
11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
The worst in recent memory.

saphojunkie
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
God you people are stupid. Every ND fame I know has absolutely no problem pointing out the deficiencies of their teams from year to year. That makes them rational fans.

You people are incapable of giving any credit to them. That makes you irrational haters.

It's annoying, and all it does is show that your opinion is of little or no value when intelligent people discuss sports.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
With all due respect to my friend Pest, if Notre Dame was named Tulane, Boise State, Utah or any number of other schools, they'd be outside the Top Ten.

I doubt they can beat a Top Ten team.

But hey, it is what it is this year.

My God, the whole fucking universe has gone stupid.

THEY HAVE BEAT A TOP 10 TEAM!

They went TO Norman and didn't just beat OU, they kinda kicked the shit out of them. They also beat a tough Michigan squad as well as a Stanford team that is presently a top 10 team. Not to mention beating USC with a quarterback that was probably more dangerous than Barkley. Hell, even Michigan State was only a stop here and there away from having a very good season (look at how many close games they lost to very good teams).

What is it about ND that keeps generally sane, reasonable, rational people from speaking intelligently about them?

If Tulane, Boise State or Utah ran the schedule that ND just ran, they'd absolutely have been in the National Championship game.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:35 PM
God you people are stupid. Every ND fame I know has absolutely no problem pointing out the deficiencies of their teams from year to year. That makes them rational fans.

You people are incapable of giving any credit to them. That makes you irrational haters.

It's annoying, and all it does is show that your opinion is of little or no value when intelligent people discuss sports.

Eh...not all of them.

A lot of them still think Everett Golson is a good quarterback.

If ND loses, he'll be why. I just can't see why so many fans love that guy and just despise Tommy Rees.

Oh well, Gunner Kiel is coming soon, then the ND Haters will really have something to bitch about.

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2012, 08:49 PM
What is it about ND that keeps generally sane, reasonable, rational people from speaking intelligently about them?

Maybe it's the fact that 99% of the time, this very description is associated with Notre Dame fans?

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Maybe it's the fact that 99% of the time, this very description is associated with fans?

FYP.

ND Fans are no more insane when it comes to talking about their own team than anyone else. FFS, you had the Chiefs as darkhorse championship contenders. Talking Can swore for 2 years that Pioli was a god and that he couldn't hear our criticisms because of all the championship rings stuck in his ears.

I will still claim that Blaine Gabbert just needed a couple of years to learn the NFL game and that the Jags fucked him by throwing him right into the starting lineup.

ND fans aren't any crazier than any other fans, especially not college football fans (which really brings out the crazy in people).

tk13
11-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Notre Dame fans are Cubs fans who happened to win something 25 years ago.

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2012, 08:55 PM
FWIW, Oklahoma is ridiculously over rated as well.

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Notre Dame fans are Cubs fans who happened to win something 25 years ago.

So Royals fans, then?

(For the record, I will hate Mario Chalmers until the day he dies for keeping me from using "So Jayhawks fans, then?" here. Because there has never been an analogy more fitting in the history of analogies. Fuck you Chalmers and fuck you Derek Rose for not being able to hit a goddamn free throw)

The Franchise
11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
It's never going to matter. The Irish could win 3 titles in 5 years and people will still say they're overrated and they didn't deserve them.

Dayze
11-27-2012, 09:09 PM
My team is Bama; and I would LOVE to see that game.
ND vs Bama would be a great game IMO

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
So Royals fans, then?

(For the record, I will hate Mario Chalmers until the day he dies for keeping me from using "So Jayhawks fans, then?" here. Because there has never been an analogy more fitting in the history of analogies. **** you Chalmers and **** you Derek Rose for not being able to hit a goddamn free throw)

We had been agreeing on so many things and you pull some shit like this.

Jealous? :p

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 09:13 PM
We had been agreeing on so many things and you pull some shit like this.

Jealous? :p

Yes.

Still make stupid goddamn 'swoosh' noises every time a beaker hits a free throw?

Your mascot has buckles on his shoes. We win.

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes.

Still make stupid goddamn 'swoosh' noises every time a beaker hits a free throw?

Your mascot has buckles on his shoes. We win.

Your pg is a rapist (allegedly ..... Too soon?) and your nit banners are cute, it's a tie?

We could go on all night but its too much to bear.

You win

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Your pg is a rapist (allegedly ..... Too soon?) and your nit banners are cute, it's a tie?

We could go on all night but its too much to bear.

You win

My point guard isn't a rapist, he just demonstrated credible tenacity in taking it to the hole, which is a hell of a lot more than we can say for those scrappy little white guys you fellas keep runnin' out there...

....okay, truce. I feel that is self deprecating enough to walk away from.

Chiefspants
11-27-2012, 09:19 PM
So Royals fans, then?

(For the record, I will hate Mario Chalmers until the day he dies for keeping me from using "So Jayhawks fans, then?" here. Because there has never been an analogy more fitting in the history of analogies. **** you Chalmers and **** you Derek Rose for not being able to hit a goddamn free throw)

ORANGE BOWL! (Just to extend this to football) ;)

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
We've actually cut back on the white guards this year. Only a big white doofus in The middle.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-27-2012, 09:23 PM

How about the "if the replay official was competent, you lost to Stanford" argument?

DJ's left nut
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
We've actually cut back on the white guards this year. Only a big white doofus in The middle.

The ghost of Conner Teahan is moaning sorrowfully in the corner....

....Oh wait, that's not a ghost. That's just Conner Teahan's natural complexion. And he's only standing in the corner because, well lets face it, that's all Conner Teahan ever did anyway.

He's like an albino Trajan Langdon...only given the douchy DNA of his predecessor in transparent douchery, Brady Morningstar.

The Franchise
11-27-2012, 09:27 PM
How about the "if the replay official was competent, you lost to Stanford" argument?

That could go either way. There are arguments for and against it.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM

:D

mikeyis4dcats.
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
That could go either way. There are arguments for and against it.

I'm game: what is your argument that Stanford did not score a TD in overtime?

The Franchise
11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm game: what is your argument that Stanford did not score a TD in overtime?

Your argument is going to be the complete opposite of mine. It all comes down to whether or not he was stopped and how long you let a ball carrier fight for yards. I believe he was stopped.....and I'm sure you believe that he wasn't.

It's all on what the person believes. I can at least see your side of the argument as valid......but it is what it is.

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:34 PM

....Oh wait, that's not a ghost. That's just Conner Teahan's natural complexion. And he's only standing in the corner because, well lets face it, that's all Conner Teahan ever did anyway.

He's like an albino Trajan Langdon...only given the douchy DNA of his predecessor in transparent douchery, Brady Morningstar.

Funny story bout teahan. Ran upon him at a royals cardinals game in the outfield bar at the k. Chatted for a while, cool dude no problems, then had a few drinks and told him how much I used to rip him from the coach about his shitty ness. Gave him shit about the mu loss

He took it pretty well. Overall pretty good guy.

Dayze
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
one thing I know for sure is, the only team I can't stand more than Notre Dame is Oklahoma.

Sorter
11-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Funny story bout teahan. Ran upon him at a royals cardinals game in the outfield bar at the k. Chatted for a while, cool dude no problems, then had a few drinks and told him how much I used to rip him from the coach about his shitty ness. Gave him shit about the mu loss

Jesus man. Ouch.

Spott
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM
The Nebraska team that lost 62-36 to CU in the last week of the season and still got to play in national championship game was probably one of the least deserving. Miami blew them out 34-0 in the first half of the championship game. The OU team that got blown out by KSU had no business in the championship game either.

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Not my best moment but that guy infuriated me on a basketball court

Sorter
11-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Not my best moment but that guy infuriated me on a basketball court

Just a kid though.

O.city
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Just a kid though.

I know

Only a year younger than me so its ok

KC_Connection
11-27-2012, 10:00 PM
They're good. But there's no reason to think Alabama won't beat them with relative ease if they play.

Bewbies
11-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Notre Dame had a great year. They absolutely deserve to play in the BCS game.

But the national title game will be played this Saturday.

ghak99
11-28-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm not a ND fan, but they have earned the opportunity to be there. Sure some of their trip wasn't pretty, but the scoreboard fell their way.

I enjoy watching their defense play but there are so many band wagon fans that have hopped on ND, I hope Alabama pushes their shit in.

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I think ND can hang with the SEC Champ, but I think what's going to hurt them is 45 days between games.

Titty Meat
11-28-2012, 02:10 AM

I used to kick it with his cousin.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Still better than any soccer game ever.

Chiefspants
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Still better than an All SEC finale.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2012, 06:46 AM
They're good. But there's no reason to think Alabama won't beat them with relative ease if they play.

The more the media constantly repeats shit like this, the more it becomes true. Alabama isn't heads and shoulders above Notre Dame.

11-28-2012, 07:04 AM
This place is making me actually WANT to root FOR ND rather than AGAINST the SEC.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2012, 07:10 AM
This place is making me actually WANT to root FOR ND rather than AGAINST the SEC.

Yeah. It's tough. Do you root against the bottom dwelling conference brethren that love to latch on to their conference like it is the end all be all, or do you root against the hordes of t-shirt Notre Dame fans?

I think i'll just ignore the game completely.

InChiefsHeaven
11-28-2012, 07:29 AM
I'll be rooting for Notre Dame. Not a fan, but I like that it's different and it's causing such consternation. And...can't help it, I'm kinda liking them this year.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2012, 07:31 AM
I'll be rooting for Notre Dame. Not a fan, but I like that it's different and it's causing such consternation. And...can't help it, I'm kinda liking them this year.

:rolleyes:

Now tell us the real reason.

InChiefsHeaven
11-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Now tell us the real reason.

Honestly, haven't watched much of Notre Dame this season. I dunno, they were off my radar but seem to have won every game, and people friggin' hate them. So there ya go.

...it's not because I'm Catholic by the way...I don't own one piece of Notre Dame gear and never will. :shrug:

notorious
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Don't let a few dumbasses ruin the game for you. For some reason their self-esteem is hinging on what a bunch of 18-22 year old kids do on the field, even if it isn't their own team. ROFL

That is fucking pathetic.

Dave Lane
11-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Stupid thread is stupid.

I'll eat my crow if they lose.....but if ND wins.....you ****ers aren't going to hear the end of it.

Who gives a shit either way. Its not that big of a deal either way.

Mr. Plow
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM

LMAO :clap:

Mr. Kotter
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
ND has had a great year, but unless they actually beat the Alabama/Georgia winner....the real championship game appears to be this weekend.

YourMult
11-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Don't hate Notre Dame because they're Notre Dame...hate Notre Dame because Notre Dame is a Catholic University and is affiliated with the Vatican, an institution who aids and abets child fuckers.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't hate Notre Dame because they're Notre Dame...hate Notre Dame because Notre Dame is a Catholic University and is affiliated with the Vatican, an institution who aids and abets child fuckers.

Good point.

InChiefsHeaven
11-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Good point.

Pablo
11-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Good point.

This.

loochy
11-28-2012, 10:14 AM
no.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Go fuck yourself.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Q: Why don't Catholics cheer for Catholic schools other than Notre Dame?

A: Because they are bandwagon, t-shirt fan fucktards

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Q: Why don't Catholics cheer for Catholic schools other than Notre Dame?

A: Because they are bandwagon, t-shirt fan fucktards

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c58.0.843.403/p843x403/402563_10151113887486006_2068539710_n.jpg

Chiefnj2
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Alabama only had 2 wins against ranked teams and 4 real away games all year and people want to bitch and complain about ND?

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Alabama only had 2 wins against ranked teams and 4 real away games all year and people want to bitch and complain about ND?

BUT THEY'RE IN THE SEC!!!!!!

Bearcat
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I've hated all the ND coverage over the past 2 decades. I hate Lou Holtz. I don't watch ESPN's college football coverage because when I used to watch it, every five minutes there was something about ND or Ohio State, and neither deserved a tenth of the coverage.

That said, I really don't understand the hate this year. They're damn near perfect in all the polls (1.000 in the computer polls, .9979 overall). When TCU went undefeated 2 years ago, they were .9000 in the computer polls and .9102 overall. That should tell you ND's schedule can't be compared to BSU or TCU before they joined the B12. They beat 3 teams in the BCS top 20, the same as Alabama.

I don't think they would beat Alabama... if there's a team to complain about, IMO it would be Georgia. They only beat Florida and looked like shit while doing so... I think ND/Georgia would be closer than some might think... that might rank down there as far as the lowest quality of football in a NC game.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm an Irish fan and Lou Holtz gets on my nerves. The dude is the ultimate homer and you can't understand a damn word he fucking says.

OmahaChief
11-28-2012, 11:14 AM
They will not be the worst. That Nebraska team that got killed by Miami was the worst to play in a BCS title game in my opinion. Miami only won by 23 but could have scored 50 if they had not taken their foot of the gas.

Iowanian
11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll root for almost any Non SEC team for the championship or head to head games.

I'm about as tired of the SEC as I am the Patriots.

bevischief
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
The butt hurt is strong in this thread...

mr. tegu
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM
The game will be close regardless if its Bama or Georgia. The matchup with both of them is actually not that bad for ND because of their defense and similar styles of play. Georgia played two real defenses this year in Florida and S. Carolina and put up a combined 24 points. And Alabama isn't quite the scoring team Georgia is so ND will have a good chance of limiting them as well. The real question will be can ND score more than 20 points because that might get it done for them.

Bewbies
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I've hated all the ND coverage over the past 2 decades. I hate Lou Holtz. I don't watch ESPN's college football coverage because when I used to watch it, every five minutes there was something about ND or Ohio State, and neither deserved a tenth of the coverage.

That said, I really don't understand the hate this year. They're damn near perfect in all the polls (1.000 in the computer polls, .9979 overall). When TCU went undefeated 2 years ago, they were .9000 in the computer polls and .9102 overall. That should tell you ND's schedule can't be compared to BSU or TCU before they joined the B12. They beat 3 teams in the BCS top 20, the same as Alabama.

I don't think they would beat Alabama... if there's a team to complain about, IMO it would be Georgia. They only beat Florida and looked like shit while doing so... I think ND/Georgia would be closer than some might think... that might rank down there as far as the lowest quality of football in a NC game.

If UGA beats Bama they'll have beat two (current) top 4 in the BCS polls, both on neutral sites. Weak.

burt
11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I am not a ND fan, but my brother is and always has been. I have enjoyed watching them this year. I expect them to play well in the National Championship.

OzarksChiefsFan
11-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Texas A&Ms D is not in the same class defensively as ND and they destroyed Alabama. ND is legit. There offense needs a QB but they find a way and to me they make their own luck. They stopped people and put them in situations where a mistake leads to a defeat. To me they have been the most entertaining team this year. I love great defense.

Bearcat
11-28-2012, 11:53 AM
If UGA beats Bama they'll have beat two (current) top 4 in the BCS polls, both on neutral sites. Weak.

Sure, if they beat Alabama, it certainly improves their resume... so far they've played only two teams in the BCS top 20 and beat one, compared to 3 wins for ND, 3 for Alabama, 3 for Florida... they've only beaten two teams with winning records, and one was Vanderbilt.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Texas A&Ms D is not in the same class defensively as ND and they destroyed Alabama. ND is legit. There offense needs a QB but they find a way and to me they make their own luck. They stopped people and put them in situations where a mistake leads to a defeat. To me they have been the most entertaining team this year. I love great defense.

Golson has gotten better over the course of the season. I think our defense matches up well with Alabama's offense. It's going to come down to how Golson does against that Bama defense.

Reaper16
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Golson has gotten better over the course of the season. I think our defense matches up well with Alabama's offense. It's going to come down to how Golson does against that Bama defense.

Notre Dame doesn't have A&M's offensive tackles, nor do they have A&M's size at WR. Both of those were critical to A&M's ability to beat Alabama on 3rd down.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Mike Evans - 6'5"
Uzoma Nwachukwu - 6'0
Ryan Swope - 6'0
Micahel Lamothe (TE) - 6'3"
Luke Joeckel - LT - 6'6" 310
Jake Matthew - RT - 6'5" 305

John Goodman - 6'3"
T.J. Jones - 5'11"
Davonte Neal - 5'9"
Davaris Daniels - 6'2"
Tyler Eifert (TE) - 6'6"
Zack Martin - LT - 6'4" 304
Christian Lombard - RT - 6'5" 309

Are our WRs a little shorter? Yeah. Don't act like Alabama gets to play Navy though. And our tackles match up pretty well.

kcfanXIII
11-28-2012, 01:38 PM
if there was a playoff system in place, any weakness notre dame had would be exposed before the championship game. that is why i don't care about the national championship game, because its not a true championship. gotta beat the best to be the best.

Reaper16
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Mike Evans - 6'5"
Uzoma Nwachukwu - 6'0
Ryan Swope - 6'0

John Goodman - 6'3"
T.J. Jones - 5'11"
Davonte Neal - 5'9"
Davaris Daniels - 6'2"
Tyler Eifert (TE) - 6'6"

Are our WRs a little shorter? Yeah. Don't act like Alabama gets to play Navy though. And our tackles match up pretty well.

I'm not. I know Notre Dame has a legit defense.

If ND were smart they'd practice some uptempo packages to come out of nowhere. A&M's tempo was their best weapon against that Saban/Smart defense.

keg in kc
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm an Irish fan and Lou Holtz gets on my nerves. The dude is the ultimate homer and you can't understand a damn word he ****ing says.I'm trying to figure out why Holtz is still on the air. Ask 10 people and it seems like 9 wish he wasn't.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 01:42 PM
If Notre Dame wants to win this....they have to improve their red zone offense. That's been their problem all year. They won't be able to play with Alabama if they're kicking FGs when they should be getting TDs.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm not. I know Notre Dame has a legit defense.

If ND were smart they'd practice some uptempo packages to come out of nowhere. A&M's tempo was their best weapon against that Saban/Smart defense.

I'm hoping that Kelly is doing just that. He showed some of it against USC but he has the tendency (which he showed earlier this year) to go conservative in his play calling. He tends to rely too much on his defense. He may be opening it up now that he has more confidence in Golson though.

warpaint*
11-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Not an ND hater and not disputing their place in the game but...I feel like this is going to be a total trashing.

ND is 76th in scoring offense a 26 pts per. Outside of Miami 43 OU 7 and USC 37 ND hasn't played a scoring offense ranked higher than 57.

No I think they are pretty good. They are deceptive b/c they muck it up w/ whomever they play.

Stanford and OU are prime examples of how good they can be and Pitt and BYU are examples among others of their playing to the competition.

Bammer/GA would be wise not to look past them.

ChiefGator
11-28-2012, 01:52 PM
I was really hoping for a USC upset of ND, and Georgia beating Alabama in the SEC championship, just for a Georgia-Florida rematch.

But, Notre Dame seems to be for real. Surprisingly, that causes me to have no anger at them. I just hate ND when they are being pimped and have every game broadcast when they aren't even a 50-50 ballclub.

AndChiefs
11-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Mike Evans - 6'5"
Uzoma Nwachukwu - 6'0
Ryan Swope - 6'0

John Goodman - 6'3"
T.J. Jones - 5'11"
Davonte Neal - 5'9"
Davaris Daniels - 6'2"
Tyler Eifert (TE) - 6'6"

Texas A&M tackles are listed as #1 and #3 for this upcoming draft. Where's Notre Dame's ranked at?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/OT

That's right...nowhere. Notre Dame's tackles aren't in the same league. The advantage you have is that Bama doesn't have a disruptive pass rusher so the disadvantage at tackle is negated somewhat. Georgia has Jarvis Jones however.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Texas A&M tackles are listed as #1 and #3 for this upcoming draft. Where's Notre Dame's ranked at?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/OT

That's right...nowhere. Notre Dame's tackles aren't in the same league. The advantage you have is that Bama doesn't have a disruptive pass rusher so the disadvantage at tackle is negated somewhat.

Martin is a redshirt Junior. And Lombard is a redshirt Sophmore. They won't be on your list. In 2014 Martin is 8th and in 2015 Lombard is 10th.

And last time I checked.....draft position doesn't mean shit retard. We were talking about size.

AndChiefs
11-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Martin is a redshirt Junior. And Lombard is a redshirt Sophmore. They won't be on your list. In 2014 Martin is 8th and in 2015 Lombard is 10th.

And last time I checked.....draft position doesn't mean shit retard. We were talking about size.

Martin is a Senior. Lombard is a Junior. Both would be listed for draft position as both of Texas A&M's linemen are Juniors.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nd-m-footbl-mtt.html

Size doesn't matter if you don't have the skill to play it. I have no doubt that Martin and Lombard are adequate tackles. You don't go undefeated with poor tackles. But they're not on the same level as Joeckel and Matthews.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Martin is a Senior. Lombard is a Junior. Both would be listed for draft position as both of Texas A&M's linemen are Juniors.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nd-m-footbl-mtt.html

Size doesn't matter if you don't have the skill to play it. I have no doubt that Martin and Lombard are adequate tackles. You don't go undefeated with poor tackles. But they're not on the same level as Joeckel and Matthews.

I'm going off of the link you posted.

And I never said they were better or the same in talent. I said they were similar in size.

AndChiefs
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM

And I never said they were better or the same in talent. I said they were similar in size.

You said they match up well. If you were referring just to size I apologize but that's not the way I read it. Reaper was talking about size at WR but I took him as talking about skill at the tackle position. I figured you were responding in the same vein.

They are similar in size. But Texas A&M's tackles match up better vs. Alabama/Georgia's D-line than Notre Dame's tackles do.

AndChiefs
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Also it's odd that Notre Dame's official website would have that wrong.

The Franchise
11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Also it's odd that Notre Dame's official website would have that wrong.

It might be that they're basing everything off of years of eligibility.

Martin is a Junior redshirt....so 4 years which would make him a Senior. If he stays....he'd a be a 5th year Senior.

Or the draft website could be wrong.

Who knows....

dtebbe
11-28-2012, 06:36 PM
if there was a playoff system in place, any weakness notre dame had would be exposed before the championship game. that is why i don't care about the national championship game, because its not a true championship. gotta beat the best to be the best.

The national championship game is in Atlanta.. this weekend. ROFL

DT

Reaper16
11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
You said they match up well. If you were referring just to size I apologize but that's not the way I read it. Reaper was talking about size at WR but I took him as talking about skill at the tackle position. I figured you were responding in the same vein.

They are similar in size. But Texas A&M's tackles match up better vs. Alabama/Georgia's D-line than Notre Dame's tackles do.

Yes. Exactly correct.

Setsuna
11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Agree with OP. Will be rape city. And no you won't eat crow because you don't deserve to eat crow. You will just get shit on forever.

Setsuna
11-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I was really hoping for a USC upset of ND, and Georgia beating Alabama in the SEC championship, just for a Georgia-Florida rematch.

But, Notre Dame seems to be for real. Surprisingly, that causes me to have no anger at them. I just hate ND when they are being pimped and have every game broadcast when they aren't even a 50-50 ballclub.

They aren't real. Almost let a freshman QB and a abysmal USC defense beat them. Just stop. Lame Kiffin won for ND.

LoneWolf
11-28-2012, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Setsuna;9160494]They aren't real. Almost let a freshman QB and a abysmal USC defense beat them. Just stop. Lame Kiffin won for ND.[/

Would you like a bottle of whine to wash down those sour grapes? You are definitely the biggest crybaby bitch on this board.

Setsuna
12-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes. USC just got owned by GEORGIA TECH. Let's hope ND fans don't hang their hat on that bullshit win. Posers. Alabama is in a different class than Notre Lame.

LoneWolf
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Yes. USC just got owned by GEORGIA TECH. Let's hope ND fans don't hang their hat on that bullshit win. Posers. Alabama is in a different class than Notre Lame.

JFC, let it go man. They'll be plenty of time for shit talking and crow swallowing on 1/8. Have a Happy New Year you insufferable prick. :D

Chief Pote
12-31-2012, 08:29 PM
ND wins 31 to 24....you heard it here first kids.

Mi_chief_fan
12-31-2012, 10:01 PM
ND wins 31 to 24....you heard it here first kids.

31 points on Alabama. With THAT offense. M'kay.

lewdog
12-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks for reminding me how much I hate Notre Dame. I don't even like Bama but I sure hope they beat ND by 3+ TDs.

Setsuna
12-31-2012, 10:23 PM
JFC, let it go man. They'll be plenty of time for shit talking and crow swallowing on 1/8. Have a Happy New Year you insufferable prick. :D
LMAO Granted. Happy New Year!

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate Notre Dame. I don't even like Bama but I sure hope they beat ND by 3+ TDs.

:clap:

|Zach|
01-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey guys.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
Georgia, K St, Oregon and louisville would have been a better match for Alabama

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey guys.Well done.

DomerNKC
01-07-2013, 09:52 PM
we just did not show up. I dont know if it was the time off, or Kellys lack of preparation. Just completely laid an egg tonight.

jd1020
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
we just did not show up. I dont know if it was the time off, or Kellys lack of preparation. Just completely laid an egg tonight.

I think it has more to do with Alabama just being better... a lot better.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
we just did not show up. I dont know if it was the time off, or Kellys lack of preparation. Just completely laid an egg tonight.Teo doesn't look like he wants to be on the field. When your leader lays down, so does your team.

Mi_chief_fan
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I think it has more to do with Alabama just being better... a lot better.

This.

01-07-2013, 10:24 PM
yep. What a shitty score to wake up too.

keg in kc
01-07-2013, 10:31 PM
I think it has more to do with Alabama just being better... a lot better.Yep, they're a maybe slightly above average team that managed to sneak by some other average teams in order to go undefeated and then get exposed by a really good one. They deserve kudos for going undefeated, that's damn hard to do, but this game is basically a higher-profile version of Northern Illinois running into Florida State.

MotherfuckerJones
01-07-2013, 10:33 PM

10/10 Alabama wins 41-14

DomerNKC
01-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Teo doesn't look like he wants to be on the field. When your leader lays down, so does your team.He played better in every game this season. I have no idea what happened to him. Absolutely no fire. He might be drunk. Whole team might be. embarrassing...

DJ's left nut
01-08-2013, 01:02 AM

The gap in athleticism was incredible.

Then Kelly tried to air it out against a team he had no business trying to air it out against and Te'o shit the bed.

ND needed to keep the ball on the ground, keep the game close and grind to victory. It's what they had done all season and suddenly Golson is chucking deep balls.

Kelly !@#$ed up, Te'o didn't show up and Alabama simply had better athletes and better prep.

I don't believe this final score was demonstrative of the true gap between these teams, but there's no question that Alabama absolutely took it to ND tonight.

It's pretty disappointing.

Saccopoo
01-08-2013, 01:10 AM
He played better in every game this season. I have no idea what happened to him. Absolutely no fire. He might be drunk. Whole team might be. embarrassing...

C'mon Hard Core...

This is our #1 pick.

At the Mike linebacker position.

Speed, tackling, etc. This is the guy that's going to turn this franchise around.

bowener
01-08-2013, 01:29 AM
This game has nothing to do with ND showing up or not. I think they showed up for the first few drives. They were just inferior. Far inferior. This is a BCS problem. ND did not deserve to be in the title game and it showed.

Titty Meat
01-08-2013, 01:37 AM
I said earlier in the year Saban is a better coach than Snyder and was flames for it. Is there any doubt now?

InChiefsHeaven
01-08-2013, 06:08 AM
I've never seen such piss poor tackling. ND has never seen anything like the speed and athleticism of Alabama and it showed. I went to bed early. Lamest National Championship game in a looooong time.

ChiefRocka
01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
I saw a suplex on the ND running back, a forearm shiver by Lacey on a ND linebacker that sent him to the ground and Te'o get washed out on the goal line and said "night night."

MotherfuckerJones
01-08-2013, 07:57 AM
He played better in every game this season. I have no idea what happened to him. Absolutely no fire. He might be drunk. Whole team might be. embarrassing...

ND needs to play in a good conference. Play some elite competition. You did play USC and stanford but thats 2 games

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 08:11 AM
That was 75% being out matched, 15% horrible gameplan and 10% not showing up to play.

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 08:11 AM
ND needs to play in a good conference. Play some elite competition. You did play USC and stanford but thats 2 games

I've been saying this shit for years now.

ILChief
01-08-2013, 08:14 AM

Oklahoma, Miami, and Michigan are elite programs. Contrary to what alot of people think, these schedules aren't made two weeks before the season

Lzen
01-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Yep, they're a maybe slightly above average team that managed to sneak by some other average teams in order to go undefeated and then get exposed by a really good one. They deserve kudos for going undefeated, that's damn hard to do, but this game is basically a higher-profile version of Northern Illinois running into Florida State.

And do you know what I tell people about NIU? They were down by 10 points to Kansas early in the 4th quarter at their home stadium. ROFL

The Franchise
01-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Oklahoma, Miami, and Michigan are elite programs. Contrary to what alot of people think, these schedules aren't made two weeks before the season

We don't play Michigan anymore. We get 5 games in the ACC.

ILChief
01-08-2013, 08:32 AM
We don't play Michigan anymore. We get 5 games in the ACC.

Well I was talking about this year as an example. I am not sure about this ACC deal. I wish they would just join the big ten. Makes the most logical sense but I can $ee why they're staying independent

ghak99
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm just glad its over.

The ND PR crap and massive amounts of band wagon fans was getting ridiculous.

Dave Lane
01-08-2013, 08:38 AM

LMAOROFL

The excuses dude. They are weak. How about they are the better team, by a lot.

Dave Lane
01-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Te'o #1 Te'o #1 who's with me?

:p

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Lol at Cheater U being mentioned as an "Elite" program.