PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should Stanzi Start

notorious
11-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Cassel and Quinn are piles of garbage and we are out of the playoffs.

Should we start Stanzi the rest of the season?

List the reasons for your answer.

bevischief
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Sure why not. Lets see what he got.

notorious
Yes - What do we have to lose?

Reerun_KC
Sure, He is fucking god awful, anything to ensure the us not screwing up the #1 pick.

He most likely will be cut as he is not an NFL level QB.

keg in kc
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I still say no. I'm not a fan of handing a poor player a job based on somebody else's poor performance. If he can't earn the job on his own merit by this point, he doesn't belong on the field. Hang on to him next year to compete for the #3 job if you want, otherwise flush him with the rest.

Sorter
11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Should have been started after the 2nd week of the season just to see if there was anything there.

That being said, Geno>Stanzi

Rasputin
What ever it takes to get the number 1 pick.

He could do some good, but I think he would just take a beat down and we would end up going back to Quinn & or Cassell.

kc rush
Yes. We can't do any worse, and we'll see if he's worth keeping as a backup. It would be good to know if we need to pick up 2 or 3 new QB's this offseason.

Dayze
Nah; I want the team to crash like the Hindenburg.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
What ever it takes to get the number 1 pick.

He could do some good, but I think he would just take a beat down and we would end up going back to Quinn & or Cassell.

fine by me, he is an expendable resource with zero future in the NFL...

Play him! It will give us something to ROFL about...

Bowser
11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I say bring up the YouTube kid.

suds79
11-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I couldn't care less at this point who starts for us at QB.

They'd all be gone if I had my way come next year.

htismaqe
WFC, that's my vote.

htismaqe

He's on IR.

bevischief
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM

He is on IR.

Sorter
11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Honestly, all he's been doing is collecting a paycheck. Might as well make him actually work ROFL

Trivers
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I still say no. I'm not a fan of handing a poor player a job based on somebody else's poor performance. If he can't earn the job on his own merit by this point, he doesn't belong on the field. Hang on to him next year to compete for the #3 job if you want, otherwise flush him with the rest.

Rep.

You can't expect them to play to lose so they will play the best player available.

They are trying to win, but coaching is too incompetent to make that happen.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2012, 11:31 AM
don't care

I suppose it could be entertaining for a few minutes.

I expect us to draft a better QB than Stanzi in the upcoming draft so evaluation isn't really an issue.

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
yes please. Then I can start the Panthers D I got waiting in case a move like this were to happen. I'm still torn though. 49er's D or Panthers D. SHIT!

Dave Lane
11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Need to see if we need to take 1 QB or 2 really. If he has some potential then maybe drafting Geno is good enough. If not we need to draft 2 qbs and get a veteran in the offseason.

notorious
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
The only thing I worry about is Stanzi happens to pull enough out to win a few games thus securing The Regime for another year.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 11:37 AM
The only thing I worry about is Stanzi happens to pull enough out to win a few games thus securing The Regime for another year.

Are you being serious? Stanzi is going to magically lead this fucking team to a victory?

JFC people. He sucks for a reason. BECAUSE HE FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

Radar Chief
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
WFC, that's my vote.

WTFN is mine.

Bowser
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
He's on IR.

He'd still do better than the other three poop stains we have at QB, I bet.

notorious
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Are you being serious? Stanzi is going to magically lead this ****ing team to a victory?

JFC people. He sucks for a reason. BECAUSE HE ****ING SUCKS!!!!

Not magic, just luck.

Stranger things have happened.

htismaqe
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
don't care

I suppose it could be entertaining for a few minutes.

I expect us to draft a better QB than Stanzi in the upcoming draft so evaluation isn't really an issue.

THIS.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Not magic, just luck.

Stranger things have happened.

Stanzi ever leads this team to a victory, I will personally fly out there and kick you in the nuts, then buy you a beer.

mr. tegu
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
The last thing in the world we want is even marginal success from Stanzi that prevents the powers that be from thinking we need a QB with the top pick.

htismaqe
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
The last thing in the world we want is even marginal success from Stanzi that prevents the powers that be from thinking we need a QB with the top pick.

True.

Should probably make sure he's inactive the rest of the way.

King_Chief_Fan
11-29-2012, 12:04 PM
might as well..........that way we can throw all 3 worthless bumbs out.

Remember....Pioli picked them all

rico
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't care if he sucked in TC, preseason, etc. I loved watching Stanzi-ball a few years ago and would love to watch some more of it. And I'm not even a full-fledged Hawkeyes fan, but was pretty freaking close to being converted when he was QB. Had some of the funnest times watching those Stanzi-led Hawkeyes games. Rollercoaster-type fun.

AdumbGuy
11-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I fully expect him to suck, but you can't say for sure that he sucks just because he doesn't get playing time. Just look at the idiots that determine who gets playing time.

I didn't get to watch any preseason games, but did he ever get time with the first team? If the only thing we're going by is that the coaching staff doesn't think he's any good, all that means is that he's not casshole. So he's either an actual nfl qb or impossibly inept, which would at least be fun for a game.

Iowanian
11-29-2012, 12:33 PM
If Stanzi is so bad that he's not worthy of seeing the field or dressing a game with the turds being pranced onto the field now...they should cut him and sign a homeless person to the 53 man roster to get people talking about something other than their shitting on the field every week.

At this point, they should be sitting the vets who won't be back and giving as many snaps to young players as they can get.

htismaqe
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I fully expect him to suck, but you can't say for sure that he sucks just because he doesn't get playing time. Just look at the idiots that determine who gets playing time.

I absolutely agree with this.

T-Town
11-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes, what do we have to lose? We know Cassel and Quinn suck, and Stanzi probably does too but at least we would know what we have going forward.

jAZ
11-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Only if he's worse than the other two.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes, because DaKCMan_AP is Awesome.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes, what do we have to lose? We know Cassel and Quinn suck, and Stanzi probably does too but at least we would know what we have going forward.

95% of us know what we have going forward with Stanzi...

the 5% are hoping that they can beat off to his poster and jersey for years to come...

BlackHelicopters
11-29-2012, 12:50 PM

the 5% are hoping that they can beat off to his poster and jersey for years to come...
How did you know the 5 % have A Stanzi poster? Is nothing sacred?

Chief_For_Life58
11-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes - What do we have to lose?

geno smith

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
How did you know the 5 % have A Stanzi poster? Is nothing sacred?

Not even someones virginity is sacred here on CP....

BlackHelicopters
11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Not even someones virginity sacred here on CP....

Thanks for the tip.........

1ChiefsDan
11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I picked Gaz, even though I hate fantasy football.

I just don't give a shit this year. Flush the trio at the end of the year. Draft whichever QB ends up being the #1 prospect after all is said and done. Draft another later in the draft. Bring in a veteran. Done.

Molitoth
11-29-2012, 01:14 PM

So basically you are saying that you TRUST the chiefs organization to properly evaluate talent?

Considering they have full faith in Matt Fucking Cassel and Brady Quinn?

whoman69
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
It makes zero sense to keep on throwing failures back in.

DLand21
11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't really see the point, I'd rather let Quinn and Cassel prove more and more that they can't play QB in this league. I'm afraid if we let Stanzi try it then we will know that we are without 3 QB's that can play AT ALL, and we'll need to find 3 QB's in the offseason

Mr. Laz
11-29-2012, 01:54 PM
It makes zero sense to keep on throwing failures back in.
Do you really want to throw even a minor success out there at this point?

Do really want Stanzi to go out there and give the Chiefs any excuse to not draft a QB high in the draft?

Do really want Stanzi to go out there and maybe find some way to win a meaningless game?

NJChiefsFan
11-29-2012, 02:15 PM

Do really want Stanzi to go out there and give the Chiefs any excuse to not draft a QB high in the draft?

Do really want Stanzi to go out there and maybe find some way to win a meaningless game?

That's my worry. He can't do enough to make me not want a QB with our pick, so all he can do is trick the front office or make Pioli look good. I was rooting for Stanzi, but at this point I am not trying to fuck around with our pick or Pioli being here. Stay the course.

htismaqe
11-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it would be a shame if Stanzi started and they won a couple of games. But I'm not really worried about it.

I'm more in the "why bother" camp.

Maybe they'll just run the ball 70 times a game the next few games so they only last 2 hours and we can get this fucking season over with.

AdumbGuy
11-29-2012, 02:20 PM

I think this is the most valid concern. But say by some miracle, Stanzi doesn't suck. We still need two other QBs. This just means the new QBs will have some competition.

If whoever's in charge doesn't recognize that by far our biggest priority is QB and doesn't draft at least Geno Smith, we're kinda ****ed anyway.

The players have checked out already so I don't think they'll manage to win any more games, but even if they pull out a miracle, don't we still have the tie breaker over the other 2 win teams?

scho63
11-29-2012, 02:20 PM
The fact he hasn't even gotten a mention from the coaching staff or on the field for a single play with a 1-10 team tells you all you need to know about Ricky Stanzi-HE SUCKS EVEN WORSE THAN OUR #1 AND #2 DOUCHEBAGS!!!

htismaqe
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The fact he hasn't even gotten a mention from the coaching staff or on the field for a single play with a 1-10 team tells you all you need to know about Ricky Stanzi-HE SUCKS EVEN WORSE THAN OUR #1 AND #2 DOUCHEBAGS!!!

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that the coaching staff is just fucking stupid and has no idea how to evaluate QBs.

:rolleyes:

Jenson71
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Throw him in there. I would enjoy watching.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that the coaching staff is just ****ing stupid and has no idea how to evaluate QBs.

Pretty much... The brought in Cassel, Signed Quinn and drafted Stanzi...

Tells me all I need to know about thier ability to scout and coach qb's

T-Town
11-29-2012, 02:29 PM

We know he's not going to lead the team to anything special, sure. But is he a serviceable backup at either 2nd or 3rd string? I think he could be, but we need to find out and if he isn't slot Tanney in at the 3 spot next year or go get 3 new QB's.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 02:30 PM
We know he's not going to lead the team to anything special, sure. But is he a serviceable backup at either 2nd or 3rd string? I think he could be, but we need to find out and if he isn't slot Tanney in at the 3 spot next year or go get 3 new QB's.

Its not even a discussion.

You have to go get 3 new QB's.

DeezNutz
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
No, he shouldn't. RAC is in full-on-desperation mode and Stanzi still doesn't sniff the field. Why? Because he fucking sucks, like most 5th-round QBs do.

AdumbGuy
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM

If this coaching staff told me the best quarterbacks have arms, I'd start looking at amputees. That's how little credibility they have in my opinion.

I fully expect Stanzi to suck because he's still going to be given plays by these idiots. They're playing 10 in the box! Better run a draw!

At this point, throwing Stanzi out there would just be for shits and giggles. Hell, I see no reason they shouldn't just shut down Colquitt for the season and treat every fourth down like an end of game hot potato situation.

RealSNR
11-29-2012, 02:41 PM
In the extremely slim chance that Stanzi is even remotely good, then no. I would like to see his ass on the bench.

Clinch the #1 overall pick and then we'll talk.

AdumbGuy
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
No, he shouldn't. RAC is in full-on-desperation mode and Stanzi still doesn't sniff the field. Why? Because he ****ing sucks, like most 5th-round QBs do.

Respectfully disagree. The turd took a timeout and punted last week, thinking he could win with FGs. Reeks of ineptitude, not desperation in my opinion

mikey23545
11-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Since you're so sure he is incredibly incompetent, why would you care if he started a few games?

Are you capable of any reasoning whatsoever?

Mr. Laz
11-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Palko managed to fuck us with a hail mary against Chicago ... at this point we really don't want a change to bring any hope at all.

be competitive but lose every game by a single point

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Since you're so sure he is incredibly incompetent, why would you care if he started a few games?

Are you capable of any reasoning whatsoever?

I already said play him you cockholster, even voted yes...

I am sorry you cant read or comprehend what is posted in threads...

Starting Stanzi ensures the #1 over all pick. LOCKS THAT FUCKER UP!!!!!

So by all means play him...

Then when the season is over, you punt him with Quinn and Cassel and resload wtih the #1 over all, a vet and a mid to late round pick.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 02:55 PM
What the Hell Mickey 38776q087413 ?

RealSNR
11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I already said play him you cockholster, even voted yes...

I am sorry you cant read or comprehend what is posted in threads...

Starting Stanzi ensures the #1 over all pick. LOCKS THAT FUCKER UP!!!!!

So by all means play him...

Then when the season is over, you punt him with Quinn and Cassel and resload wtih the #1 over all, a vet and a mid to late round pick.

How can you reason this way?

CASSEL and QUINN are the ones who got us to 1-10. We have no clue how Stanzi will fare. We can take a pretty good guess that he'll suck, but that's unknown. If he plays even just a hair above Quinn (not hard to do) then your theory goes out the window.

If the Chiefs want the #1 overall pick they need to start a psychologically-damaged with ZERO confidence left Cassel.

Hell, I'm even nervous that they're starting Quinn. Lord knows he could possibly fuck up that Oakland game.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Team hasn't scored a TD in how many quarters? If Stanzi is worse......

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
How can you reason this way?

CASSEL and QUINN are the ones who got us to 1-10. We have no clue how Stanzi will fare. We can take a pretty good guess that he'll suck, but that's unknown. If he plays even just a hair above Quinn (not hard to do) then your theory goes out the window.

If the Chiefs want the #1 overall pick they need to start a psychologically-damaged with ZERO confidence left Cassel.

Hell, I'm even nervous that they're starting Quinn. Lord knows he could possibly **** up that Oakland game.

The guy cant even dress for a game, I am not worried that he is some how going to come in and be the QB everyone wants him to be.

The guy sucks and will be out of the NFL faster than you can swallow Coppers schalong.

J Diddy
11-29-2012, 03:09 PM
In the extremely slim chance that Stanzi is even remotely good, then no. I would like to see his ass on the bench.

Clinch the #1 overall pick and then we'll talk.

That makes literally no sense at all. We need a number 1 pick to get a good quarterback, so we don't play a quarterback because there is a chance he might be good.

Everyone's so tied up with the idea that a good quarterback has to come from the first round that they think the first round part is important. I don't give a tub of monkey poo where he comes from, as long as he can play.

That out of the way, I think we should draft a quarterback in the first round and I think some honest competition should be put in place. Doesn't do a bit of good to draft a qb at any spot if his job is nothing more than clipboard holder. Why they didn't start Stanzi at the end of last year or start him for the rest of this year is beyond me. At this point we have nothing to gain as a fan base or a football team if we we win. Nothing to lose sounds like a great time to see what we've got.

The truth of the matter is that Stanzi is the only one I can see a reason to carry on the team next year and only if he proves his worth this year.

J Diddy
11-29-2012, 03:11 PM
The guy cant even dress for a game, I am not worried that he is some how going to come in and be the QB everyone wants him to be.

The guy sucks and will be out of the NFL faster than you can swallow Coppers schalong.

While this may be true, I wouldn't use dressing for a game as a qualifier as to whether or not he's good. The quarterback evaluations are brought to you by the same people who felt Cassel was a quality starter.

Iowanian
11-29-2012, 03:12 PM
The Chiefs fed us Tyler Palko for how many games?

....At least let us see how bad Stanzi sucks so fans can move on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Sure, He is ****ing god awful, anything to ensure the us not screwing up the #1 pick.

He most likely will be cut as he is not an NFL level QB.

Pioli said Stanzi would be a starter on some teams

Bump
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
this whole situation makes ZERO sense.

Wouldn't you want to evaluate this young QB in a real game? You know, since the season is clearly dead and has been? Our current QB's are garbage.

I just can't make sense of why Stanzi can't get on the field. If he's this bad, Pioli shouldn't have drafted him in the first place.

Chief Faithful
11-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I'd like to see if Quinn improves any between now and the end of the season just to see if he can be a serviceable backup. Besides, if they start Stanzi they might win and loose the first pick.

DeezNutz
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Respectfully disagree. The turd took a timeout and punted last week, thinking he could win with FGs. Reeks of ineptitude, not desperation in my opinion

I agree that RAC is embarrassingly stupid, but I can't go so far as to think that he couldn't see the obvious and would willfully play a lesser QB after benching Pioli's son.

Truth is, we don't have a QB on the roster, and what we saw from Stanzi in preseason is, more than likely, what he truly is.

RealSNR
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
That makes literally no sense at all. We need a number 1 pick to get a good quarterback, so we don't play a quarterback because there is a chance he might be good.

Everyone's so tied up with the idea that a good quarterback has to come from the first round that they think the first round part is important. I don't give a tub of monkey poo where he comes from, as long as he can play.

That out of the way, I think we should draft a quarterback in the first round and I think some honest competition should be put in place. Doesn't do a bit of good to draft a qb at any spot if his job is nothing more than clipboard holder. Why they didn't start Stanzi at the end of last year or start him for the rest of this year is beyond me. At this point we have nothing to gain as a fan base or a football team if we we win. Nothing to lose sounds like a great time to see what we've got.

The truth of the matter is that Stanzi is the only one I can see a reason to carry on the team next year and only if he proves his worth this year.

If he's ACTUALLY pretty good, there's nothing that's stopping the next coaching staff from keeping him around if they want to.

Titty Meat
11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I voted no.

T-Town
11-29-2012, 03:38 PM

I don't think we have to get 3. If not Stanzi as 3rd string throw in Tanney as the project. Then Draft a QB in round 1 and sign a vet to be #1 and #2 respectively.

BossChief
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
If Stanzi is so bad that he's not worthy of seeing the field or dressing a game with the turds being pranced onto the field now...they should cut him and sign a homeless person to the 53 man roster to get people talking about something other than their shitting on the field every week.

At this point, they should be sitting the vets who won't be back and giving as many snaps to young players as they can get.

Thats how I see it.

My hope is that we get a 2 game cushion for the top pick and then start the kid the rest of the way....trouble is, this coaching staff is clueless and KNOWS they are out next year so why bother doing anything with next year involved.

FlaChief58
11-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Yep, let's see if we need 2 or 3 Qbs

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
While this may be true, I wouldn't use dressing for a game as a qualifier as to whether or not he's good. The quarterback evaluations are brought to you by the same people who felt Cassel was a quality starter.

That ended the thread!!!!!

Reerun_KC
11-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Pioli said Stanzi would be a starter on some teams

Arena? CFL?

FlaChief58
11-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Arena? CFL?

High school

Sorter
11-29-2012, 04:22 PM
High school

Junior High

FlaChief58
11-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Pee wee. Homy would DOMINATE!

notorious
11-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Oh, no.

Perhaps Pioliot is protecting him.

What if Pioli is going to start Stanzi next year? You know he would be have the media prop him up as our salvation.......

Sorter
11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Pee wee. Homy would DOMINATE!

Flag

Reerun_KC
Oh, no.

Perhaps Pioliot is protecting him.

What if Pioli is going to start Stanzi next year? You know he would be have the media prop him up as our salvation.......The KC media would shred this idea along with the fanbase.

Nobody with a brain would want to see Stanzi as the opening day starter next year.

FlaChief58
Flag

He'd get killed

whoman69
11-29-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes

It doesn't give them any excuse unless he proves he is the future.

Hello...you play to win the game. Errr...but seriously we already know what we have with Quinn and Cassel. Putting them out there again is insane.

SCTrojan
11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm against anything that will help us win games. We already stink, we might as well stink bad enough to get the first pick.

Easy 6
11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
To not even give the guy a shot is stupid.

He might make a solid two or three, how the hell will we ever know if he doesnt play.

Forget about THIS regimes evaluation being useless... how about giving the next one some tape to look at, is there really anything to lose?

No, of course there isnt.

He's been paid, its past time to see if he can earn it.

NJChiefsFan
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
To not even give the guy a shot is stupid.

He might make a solid two or three, how the hell will we ever know if he doesnt play.

Forget about THIS regimes evaluation being useless... how about giving the next one some tape to look at, is there really anything to lose?

No, of course there isnt.

He's been paid, its past time to see if he can earn it.

We are on our way to the top pick and a new QB. Him having a few decent games doesn't do anything. Are you really going to be willing to not draft a QB if he has a few solid starts? That's a pretty enormous risk. With us hopefully getting a new QB anyway, I don't see the point in this. If he does well he just muddies the waters and possibly costs us draft position.

BossChief
11-29-2012, 05:16 PM
We are on our way to the top pick and a new QB. Him having a few decent games doesn't do anything. Are you really going to be willing to not draft a QB if he has a few solid starts? That's a pretty enormous risk. With us hopefully getting a new QB anyway, I don't see the point in this. If he does well he just muddies the waters and possibly costs us draft position.

This isn't about fighting for the 2013 starter job, whatsoever. It's about finding out two things:

1) is he good enough to be the top backup next year, or do we need to sign a vet to do that job.

2) is he even worth a roster spot next year or do we need to not only invest the top pick for a starter, but some cash for a vet and another pick for a developmental qb.

Bugeater
11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
I can't think of a reason why he shouldn't. There may be one in this thread but I don't have time to read it all right now.

Hootie
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
In all honesty...yes.

They should just cut Quinn or Cassel (either or) and start Stanzi and have the other one back him up.

Pretty simple IMO

BoneKrusher
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Voted Yes, why not?

farmerchief
11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
This isn't about fighting for the 2013 starter job, whatsoever. It's about finding out two things:

1) is he good enough to be the top backup next year, or do we need to sign a vet to do that job.

2) is he even worth a roster spot next year or do we need to not only invest the top pick for a starter, but some cash for a vet and another pick for a developmental qb.

I agree! He needs to play to see if he is worth a roster spot at all! Besides whether we pick 1st or 5th, I don't think it matters. I don't see a Luck or a RGIII in this group of QB's, so not getting one of the first off the board, doesnt matter, in the big scheme of things.

J Diddy
11-29-2012, 05:42 PM
If he's ACTUALLY pretty good, there's nothing that's stopping the next coaching staff from keeping him around if they want to.

and how are they going to have an idea if he doesn't play in a game?

Easy 6
11-29-2012, 05:47 PM

Nah, this ships too far sunk for some raw kid to come in "saving" it, killing our draft spot.

KC will go down as the worst team in football this year, no matter what he does... but play him, its a justified audition in a historically bad year, examine the investment to see if its worth any more time.

Chief Roundup
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I picked yes. I don't know about the rest of the season, but he should get a week or 2 of splitting practice snaps with the 1's and then start for the rest. This orginization should and needs to find out if Stanzi can be anything other than camp fodder. If he can be a quality backup great if not cut him and move on. Those 3rd string/camp fodder types are easy to come by.

notorious
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
They should at least let him play in the 4th quarter when we are down by 20.

threebag
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
The only chance we have to win is with Javier Arenas running the wildcat.

FlaChief58
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
They should at least let him play in the 1st quarter when we are down by 20.

FYP

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Start what?

A game?

ROFL

notorious
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
FYP

LMAO

Touche.

BossChief
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Start what?

A game?

ROFL

I never took you for a Brady Quinn fan...

Sorter
11-29-2012, 06:13 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/156/25156/229532.gif

veist
11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
I mean at this point the whole team is a garbage fire so sure why not give him a turn.

Titty Meat
11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Start what?

A game?

ROFL

http://www.humorsoffice.com/images/2012/11/monta-ellis-handshake.gif

Nightfyre
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
What if Stanzi actually comes in and plays well. I can't take that chance right now.

FlaChief58
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
What if Stanzi actually comes in and plays well. I can't take that chance right now.

Ummm, Pioli elvaluated him and thought he was good enough to be on an NFL roster. Nuff said...

ILChief
11-29-2012, 07:01 PM
No, don't rock the Titanic on they way to Geno

lcarus
11-29-2012, 07:28 PM
If Stanzi can't see the field at this point for the Chiefs, then why the hell did Pioli even draft him? There were still some good players to be had after the Stanzi pick. Richard Sherman was still on the board. Jacquizz Rodgers was there. Just for a couple examples. Why not let him play for the fuck of it? If they feel he sucks...then so fricking what?

RealSNR
11-29-2012, 09:25 PM
If Stanzi can't see the field at this point for the Chiefs, then why the hell did Pioli even draft him? There were still some good players to be had after the Stanzi pick. Richard Sherman was still on the board. Jacquizz Rodgers was there. Just for a couple examples. Why not let him play for the fuck of it? If they feel he sucks...then so fricking what?

Because playing a guy for the fuck of it isn't giving the team its best chance to win. What if he sucks worse than the other two? Man, THEN we'd be sorry! /Crennel

mr. tegu
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't care about this thinking that we need to see what we have in Stanzi to see if he is a backup. Like it or not Stanzi level QBs are everywhere in the NFL and plenty in college right now. Let's not act like he is some diamond in the rough or prized possession.

If he plays well enough to show he is a backup that likely means we won at least one game. And despite what some of you are saying from listening to the pundits out there, Geno IS significantly better than the other QBs. We cannot risk losing out on the chance to get him just to see if our average college QB can be a serviceable backup in the NFL. We can continue to let him be given the backup spot or simply replace him because that isn't a tall task at all.

DaneMcCloud
11-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Stanzi should start packing his bags.

BossChief
11-29-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't care about this thinking that we need to see what we have in Stanzi to see if he is a backup. Like it or not Stanzi level QBs are everywhere in the NFL and plenty in college right now. Let's not act like he is some diamond in the rough or prized possession.

If he plays well enough to show he is a backup that likely means we won at least one game. And despite what some of you are saying from listening to the pundits out there, Geno IS significantly better than the other QBs. We cannot risk losing out on the chance to get him just to see if our average college QB can be a serviceable backup in the NFL. We can continue to let him be given the backup spot or simply replace him because that isn't a tall task at all.

We can probably win 2 games and still get the top pick, with 5 to play.

We have a 1 game buffer right now, even if everyone else losses out.

Jacksonville wins one more game and we have a 2 game buffer unless the other teams at the bottom also lose out.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
The team hasn't even scored a TD in a couple of games and lead the league in turnovers.

Too risky to play him!!!

warrior
11-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Stanzi should start packing his bags.

LMAO

bevischief
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
The team hasn't even scored a TD in a couple of games and lead the league in turnovers.

Too risky to play him!!!

11 quarters and counting since the Chiefs last scored a TD.

11-30-2012, 07:57 AM
11 quarters and counting since the Chiefs last scored a TD.

Guess that means Bugeater will be posting quarterly updates of that on his FB page now. LMAO

htismaqe
11-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Seriously, WHO CARES?

Like I said before, let's run the ball 70 times a game and get this fucking season overwith.

bevischief
11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Guess that means Bugeater will be posting quarterly updates of that on his FB page now. LMAO

Got it from ESPN last night.

HolyHat
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Seriously, WHO CARES?

Like I said before, let's run the ball 70 times a game and get this ****ing season overwith.

Agreed, just dont run Charles 70 times a game. Put the fumble machine back there

Fat Elvis
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
We can probably win 2 games and still get the top pick, with 5 to play.

We have a 1 game buffer right now, even if everyone else losses out.

Jacksonville wins one more game and we have a 2 game buffer unless the other teams at the bottom also lose out.

No. No we can't. We just need to keep losing; there is currently so much suck in the NFL that if we win two more games, we could wind up picking 5th. Three of the teams that we play in the final five games are 3-8. They could leapfrog us in the suckass sweepstakes if we do something usual like win meaningless games at the end of the season.

RUSH
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
QB Brady Quinn came out of Sunday’s game in Oakland with bruised ribs and 24 hours later the Chiefs do not yet have a clear indication of how serious his injury might be.

Saying he would wait until Tuesday when he gets more detailed medical information on Quinn to make any type of decision, head coach Romeo Crennel did say Monday that Ricky Stanzi could be an option at quarterback for the Chiefs this coming Sunday against Indianapolis at Arrowhead Stadium.

A fifth-round selection in the 2011 NFL Draft, Stanzi has yet to take a regular-season snap and has only dressed for a handful of games in the past two seasons. The University of Iowa product hasn’t seen the field since the final pre-season game back on August 30th in Green Bay.

“There’s a possibility,” Crennel said of Stanzi playing. “Like I said last week, there’s a possibility and I mentioned injuries as one of the reasons (it may happen.) We’ll see what Brady looks like and then we’ll make some decisions and go from there.”

http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/stanzi-might-get-chance-chiefs-report-1217.html

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Quinn will play.

Stanzi will never see the field in Kansas City.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
OH please make this happen....

Stanzi shouldnt even be in the NFL. Watching him play on sunday would be priceless...

scho63
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Will Stanzi be the right handed Palko?

HolyHat
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Have you seen Stanzi in person? This kid would have trouble getting hired at Buffalo Wild Wings. Doesnt even belong in the League. He has made 350,000 dollars a year for 2 years now, holding a clipboard and combing his hair.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Stanzi doesn't belong in the league but Kirk fucking Cousins is worth a 2nd-round pick.

Only on Chiefsplanet.

Rasputin
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Stanzi doesn't seem to care. He is not in the coaches back pocket from what I can tell. I mean he should be bugging them to play each week and that doesn't seem like he really trying. It is pointless now. Lets suck with Brady Palko.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Stanzi doesn't seem to care. He is not in the coaches back pocket from what I can tell. I mean he should be bugging them to play each week and that doesn't seem like he really trying. It is pointless now. Lets suck with Brady Palko.

If you were told you were not going to play, no matter what, would you be in their ear?

Are you going to be mad at Stanzi because he's not in the south endzone, banging his head against the wall like Gus Frerotte?

Sorter
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Have you seen Stanzi in person? This kid would have trouble getting hired at Buffalo Wild Wings. Doesnt even belong in the League. He has made 350,000 dollars a year for 2 years now, holding a clipboard and combing his hair.

That sounds like the best job ever.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Stanzi doesn't belong in the league but Kirk ****ing Cousins is worth a 2nd-round pick.

Only on Chiefsplanet.

Only on Chiefsplanet would Stanzi be worthy of playing in the NFL...

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Should have been started after the 2nd week of the season just to see if there was anything there.

That being said, Geno>Stanzi

The fact that Stanzi didn't play a single snap in a meaningless season where we had a QB who we know is a career third stringer is yet another example of the mind numbing stupidity of this organization. This in itself is a fireable offense. I said all season long, we knew Cassel wasn't the answer, we were 99% sure Quinn wasn't the answer, at least Stanzi had an uncertain upside.

But we'll never know.

aturnis

What exactly is wrong with his appearance?

ILChief
Only if he is auditioning to be Geno's backup next year

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Only on Chiefsplanet would Stanzi be worthy of playing in the NFL...

Sorry dude but that's ridiculous. You're entitled to your opinion but in this case your opinion is 100% stupid.

Sorter
12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
The fact that Stanzi didn't play a single snap in a meaningless season where we had a QB who we know is a career third stringer is yet another example of the mind numbing stupidity of this organization. This in itself is a fireable offense. I said all season long, we knew Cassel wasn't the answer, we were 99% sure Quinn wasn't the answer, at least Stanzi had an uncertain upside.

But we'll never know.

Yup.

Oh well. Chocolate Pain arrives soon, unless the word ends.

Rasputin
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
If you were told you were not going to play, no matter what, would you be in their ear?

Are you going to be mad at Stanzi because he's not in the south endzone, banging his head against the wall like Gus Frerotte?

If he doesn't think he is better than Quinn or Cassell then no. If he thinks he can prove himself to the coaches then yes. I would do what it takes to get noticed. Be a nuance to the coaches to give yourself an opportunity. Just because he is told no doesn't mean he has to sit back and do nothing.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
If he doesn't think he is better than Quinn or Cassell then no. If he thinks he can prove himself to the coaches then yes. I would do what it takes to get noticed. Be a nuance to the coaches to give yourself an opportunity. Just because he is told no doesn't mean he has to sit back and do nothing.

So you're in favor of the beating-your-head-against-the-wall approach. Got it.

Rasputin
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
So you're in favor of the beating-your-head-against-the-wall approach. Got it.

Pretty much yes :)

:banghead:

got a headache now :doh!:

aturnis
12-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Only on Chiefsplanet would Stanzi be worthy of playing in the NFL. ...

Was rated higher than Cousins, Foles, and Russell Wilson. All of whom CP would gladly take. He was also rated right along with Kapernick and Dalton. So apparently, most of the NFL draft community thinks so also. Most said he could be the best in the draft given time...

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Ricky Stanzi starting a “possibility” for Chiefs

Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2012, 5:51 PM EST

Getty Images
There might be a quarterback change coming to Kansas City.

Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn have steered the team to a 2-12 record, which has led some to wonder if third-stringer Ricky Stanzi might get a shot before the end of the season. Coach Romeo Crennel said there was a chance of Stanzi getting the start in Week 16 when asked about a rib injury Quinn suffered in Sunday’s 15-0 loss to the Raiders.

“There’s a possibility,” Crennel said, via Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star. “Like I said last week, there’s a possibility, and I mentioned injuries as one of the reasons. We’ll see what Brady looks like, and then we’ll make some decisions and go from there.”

Crennel added that health wouldn’t be the only factor in his decision. Quinn’s performance doesn’t do much to recommend him. He was 18-of-32 for 136 yards guiding an offense short on receivers and short on hope at this point in the season.

Stanzi has yet to play in a game during his two years with the Chiefs, but seven straight quarters without scoring can have a way of balancing out concerns about inexperience.

Dave Lane
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
My answer was yes now it is no. We must lose out. Quinn gives us that best chance.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Was rated higher than Cousins, Foles, and Russell Wilson. All of whom CP would gladly take. He was also rated right along with Kapernick and Dalton. So apparently, most of the NFL draft community thinks so also. Most said he could be the best in the draft given time...

He was drafted by the Chiefs. Therefore he sucks.

We need Kirk Cousins!

Crush
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
No need to start Stanzi. Quinn graded out perfectly yesterday. Time to stay on Quinn's back and journey into the depths of the suck that is the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.

Lonewolf Ed
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
No way should they start Stanzi! They might get shut out, even by a team with one of the worst defenses in the league this season. Shut out losses, we can't have those, no!

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Was rated higher than Cousins, Foles, and Russell Wilson. All of whom CP would gladly take. He was also rated right along with Kapernick and Dalton. So apparently, most of the NFL draft community thinks so also. Most said he could be the best in the draft given time...Cousins went 102. Foles went 88. Wilson went 75. Kaepernick went 36. Dalton went 35.

Stanzi went 135.

Point being, I'm not sure how he can conceivably be considered as "rated higher" than any of those guys. Since he obviously wasn't. Based on where people were actually drafted by people who are able to actually draft (and not just the nitwits here in KC, at arrowhead).

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I think if I was someone who thought that Stanzi has a chance at ever being anything in the NFL, I would actually be rooting to keep him on the bench right now. He might get broken the way the line looked Sunday.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Cousins went 102. Foles went 88. Wilson went 75. Kaepernick went 36. Dalton went 35.

Stanzi went 135.

Point being, I'm not sure how he can conceivably be considered as "rated higher" than any of those guys. Since he obviously wasn't. Based on where people were actually drafted by people who are able to actually draft (and not just the nitwits here in KC, at arrowhead).

Cousins and Stanzi were nearly identical coming out. Almost identical.

So explain the difference without including "Pioli".

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Cousins and Stanzi were nearly identical coming out. Almost identical.

So explain the difference without including "Pioli".In the context of the discussion, which was how they were "rated" the difference would be that there was something - what, I have no way of knowing... - that the NFL decided made Cousins worth a value 33 picks higher than Stanzi. A whole round, basically.

So this idea that they're the same player may be true to you and me (and I think they are - I'm not arguing that...), but it clearly wasn't true to the decision-makers in the NFL.

I also think people are jumping the gun on Cousins. And I think this is largely a discussion about guys with "NFL backup" as their realistic upside. But that's another discussion.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
In the context of the discussion, which was how they were "rated" the difference would be that there was something - what, I have no way of knowing... - that the NFL decided made Cousins worth a value 33 picks higher than Stanzi. A whole round, basically.

So this idea that they're the same player may be true to you and me (and I think they are - I'm not arguing that...), but it clearly wasn't true to the decision-makers in the NFL.

Mike Shanahan has a lot to do with it, I'm sure. He knows what he wants in a QB and he's always had capable backups.

I also think people are jumping the gun on Cousins. And I think this is largely a discussion about guys with "NFL backup" as their realistic upside. But that's another discussion.

Truth.

aturnis
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Cousins went 102. Foles went 88. Wilson went 75. Kaepernick went 36. Dalton went 35.

Stanzi went 135.

Outside of Kapernick and Dalton, your draft position argument is moot. They were taken in completely different drafts, different values of talent throughout and different team needs. Impossible to surmise based on something like that.

Dalton, Kapernick and Gabbert all took turns going up and down draft lists with Stanzi.

As for the 2011 draft, there was a run on QB's early, and not many taken after round 2 or 3 period.

aturnis
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
In the context of the discussion, which was how they were "rated" the difference would be that there was something - what, I have no way of knowing... - that the NFL decided made Cousins worth a value 33 picks higher than Stanzi. A whole round, basically.

That full round difference is attributed to different draft with different needs and different values of players available.

aturnis
12-17-2012, 05:43 PM

So the point is you don't like Big Ten QB's who aren't from Michigan? Got it.

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
So the point is you don't like Big Ten QB's who aren't from Michigan? Got it.The point doesn't have anything to do with what I like or don't like. It's about how you somehow think that a player drafted 135 is somehow "rated higher" than players drafted between 35 and 102.

I mean, I get that you're in mad love with a 5th round pick and that's fine. I'm just pointing out some inconsistencies in your logic.

aturnis
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
...and I pointed out the glaring inconsistencies in yours. The point doesn't have anything to do with what I like or don't like. It's about how you somehow think that a player drafted 135 is somehow "rated higher" than players drafted between 35 and 102.

I mean, I get that you're in mad love with a 5th round pick and that's fine. I'm just pointing out some inconsistencies in your logic.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Nah. Quinn is doing a mighty fine job of driving the tank.

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
For the record, I don't like Michigan quarterbacks, either. Hasn't been one I would've drafted out of there for years (and, yes, that includes Tom Brady - I wouldn't have drafted him based on what I saw in college). I wouldn't touch Denard Robinson with a 20-foot pole. In fact I've been telling anybody who'll listen that Gardner should've been the starting QB for 2 years, with 'shoelace' moved to a slash role. The way they were playing them towards the end of the year.

I would maybe consider him as a running back at the NFL level, though. Frame's too slight, gets hurt awfully easy but he's got Chris Johnson type ability running the ball.

Anyway, conference or team affiliation doesn't really have anything to do with how I look at players from an NFL potential standpoint. I want the best players here. Don't particularly care where they come from. My views on Stanzi don't really have anything to do with Iowa or the Big 10 (I'd actually be more prone to favor Big 10 players, actually, since I see them more often - and I don't really consider Iowa a rival in any meaningful sense - Michigan State on the other hand, maybe that does color my opinion on Cousins, though I don't think so), just what I think about him from the dozen or so times I watched him.

keg in kc
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
...and I pointed out the glaring inconsistencies in yours.I'm sorry that it's hard for you to grasp that 135 is not "higher" than 102, much less 35 or 36.

the Talking Can
12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
stanzi might start?

i am so proud...we are tanking, and doing it right..

Clark is winning me back

keg in kc
This whole conversation just highlights the biggest problem we have in Kansas City: we're talking about 4th and 5th round quarterbacks (Cousins and Stanzi I mean). Like they're some really good thing with really great upside. Because we don't ever draft one any higher than that and we really don't have any idea what it looks like to have high quality quarterback play in the prime of a guy's career.

We gotta stop looking for "value" and start looking for quality. All these backups and retreads and low round project picks have got to stop. Enough already.

OnTheWarpath15
The fascination with a 5th round pick...

If this slapdick played at Oregon State, no one here would give a shit. He'd just be another shitty 5th round clipboard holder.

But because he's from Iowa, and he wears ketchup and mustard, he's in the same conversation with guys like Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson and Foles?

Jesus Christ.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry that it's hard for you to grasp that 135 is not "higher" than 102, much less 35 or 36.

LMAO

Marco Polo
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
As long as we lose, that's all that matters.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
This whole conversation just highlights the biggest problem we have in Kansas City: we're talking about 4th and 5th round quarterbacks (Cousins and Stanzi I mean). Like they're some really good thing with really great upside. Because we don't ever draft one any higher than that and we really don't have any idea what it looks like to have high quality quarterback play in the prime of a guy's career.

We gotta stop looking for "value" and start looking for quality. All these backups and retreads and low round project picks have got to stop. Enough already.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/seinfeld.gif

stonedstooge
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Who cares if Stanzi would be good or not. At least it would bring some excitement to this team.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
LOL ... stanzi? LOL.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM

If this slapdick played at Oregon State, no one here would give a shit. He'd just be another shitty 5th round clipboard holder.

But because he's from Iowa, and he wears ketchup and mustard, he's in the same conversation with guys like Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson and Foles?

Jesus Christ.

Only on chiefsplanet.

I'mAlwaysRight
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Not yet. Let's wrap the #1 pick first, then start him against Denver. If he looks decent, maybe we can trade him for a can of goal-post paint.

Noss
12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Why not.... lets see if they need to draft two or three quarterbacks.

BossChief
12-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Jesus Christ.
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/mike-mayocks-top-5-draft-prospects-at-each-position/

Mike Mayock had him TIED with Kaepernick and Dalton as the 5th best QB in that draft after

Cam
Gabbert
Locker
Mallett

Your "hes from Iowa so everybody here loves him, if he played somewhere else nobody would care." schtick is silly.

I also find it funny as shit that in the Geno Smith discussions, you can spot RIGHT AWAY the guys who havent seen him play...same goes for the Stanzi discussions.

Phobia
12-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I think if I was someone who thought that Stanzi has a chance at ever being anything in the NFL, I would actually be rooting to keep him on the bench right now. He might get broken the way the line looked Sunday.

Precisely. Give the kid a fighting chance. Don't destroy him yet.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Jesus Christ.

You cannot separate Stanzi from Cousins and isolate it.

Iowa fans like me wouldn't even be talking about Stanzi if it weren't for the groundswell of "trade for Cousins" stupidity that's started.

I was over Stanzi a LONG TIME ago. He got drafted by a shit franchise with a horrible coaching situation and an even worse GM. Sucks to be him, move on.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Anyway, conference or team affiliation doesn't really have anything to do with how I look at players from an NFL potential standpoint. I want the best players here. Don't particularly care where they come from. My views on Stanzi don't really have anything to do with Iowa or the Big 10 (I'd actually be more prone to favor Big 10 players, actually, since I see them more often - and I don't really consider Iowa a rival in any meaningful sense - Michigan State on the other hand, maybe that does color my opinion on Cousins, though I don't think so), just what I think about him from the dozen or so times I watched him.

Wow.

Sounds EXACTLY like me.

But somehow I'm an Iowa homer.

:shake:

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 08:46 AM

:bravo:

mesmith31
12-18-2012, 08:57 AM
I remember growing up that my dad refused to pay much more than $800-$1000 for a car. These cars invariably would break down at the most inopportune times and would notoriously unreliable. Every now and then he would find one that needed a minor fix and ran like a champ, but for the most part we got what we paid for.

It wasn't until later in life that I realized, when I got my first new car, that the drama stopped. I got to work on time. I didn't have to call friends for rides, and I could actually spend my free time focusing on important things, rather than spending energy on someones broke down retread.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2012, 09:43 AM
12 more days until this nightmare is over... Lets hope Stanzi is gone as well....

Dayze
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
the more I think about it, the more I realize this team is totally fucked at the QB position. I mean, duh...I've known that....but they literally have NO QBs on the roster that are NFL QBs.

JFC.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
the more I think about it, the more I realize this team is totally ****ed at the QB position. I mean, duh...I've known that....but they literally have NO QBs on the roster that are NFL QBs.

JFC.

Welcome to reality, otherwise known as heil.

Have a beer, don't cost nothin

jd1020
12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome to reality, otherwise known as heil.

Have a beer, don't cost nothin

Heil who? Hitler?

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Heil who? Hitler?

HA! Sorry meant HELL. Swype sucks.

whoman69
12-18-2012, 02:01 PM
12 more days until this nightmare is over... Lets hope Stanzi is gone as well....

Great attitude. Fail him without even seeing him.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Great attitude. Fail him without even seeing him.

Being he has NEVER seen the field between the Palko Abortion & Concussion Syndrome 2012, I'd say we have seen enough, even without seeing him

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Being he has NEVER seen the field between the Palko Abortion & Concussion Syndrome 2012, I'd say we have seen enough, even without seeing him

Yeah, because we should just take Romeo and Pioli at face value and assume they know what a good QB looks like...

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, because we should just take Romeo and Pioli at face value and assume they know what a good QB looks like...

Don't think Zorn has anything to do/say about this?

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't think Zorn has anything to do/say about this?

If Zorn has a say in not playing Stanzi, then he certainly had a say in playing Quinn and Cassel.

So he's an expert when it comes to playing Stanzi but a dunce when it comes to the other two?

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
If Zorn has a say in not playing Stanzi, then he certainly had a say in playing Quinn and Cassel.

So he's an expert when it comes to playing Stanzi but a dunce when it comes to the other two?

In combining what you said in the other thread...

I understand what you are saying, but stanzi is a piloli pick. Then why oh why has he not played?

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
In combining what you said in the other thread...

I understand what you are saying, but stanzi is a piloli pick. Then why oh why has he not played?

He hasn't played because:

1) He probably isn't very good and
2) Even if he was decent, Pioli wanted to prove he could find the next Tom Brady in Matt Cassel, Todd Haley wanted to prove that undersized, underathletic guys from Western PA can play QB in the league, and Romeo wanted to prove that he wasn't an idiot for drafting Brady Quinn from his buddy Charlie Weis.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 03:33 PM
He hasn't played because:

1) He probably isn't very good and
2) Even if he was decent, Pioli wanted to prove he could find the next Tom Brady in Matt Cassel, Todd Haley wanted to prove that undersized, underathletic guys from Western PA can play QB in the league, and Romeo wanted to prove that he wasn't an idiot for drafting Brady Quinn from his buddy Charlie Weis.

So he sucks. Got it.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
So he sucks. Got it.

Does Kirk Cousins suck?

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Does Kirk Cousins suck?

Apparently not, he actually TAKES THE FIELD and WINS GAMES

tooge
12-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm all for it at this point. Just to see if he could be a candidate for a backup next year. I mean, the Jets yanked dirty Sanchez as soon as they were eliminated from the playoffs, and the Chiefs have been throwing the same dog shit out there for weeks.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Apparently not, he actually TAKES THE FIELD and WINS GAMES

Oopsie, you just done messed up.

He ONLY saw the field because Robert Griffin got hurt - COMPLETELY BEYOND his control.

Double standard, right there.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Oopsie, you just done messed up.

He ONLY saw the field because Robert Griffin got hurt - COMPLETELY BEYOND his control.

Double standard, right there.

Negative. Stanzi has had multiple chances between last year & this year, yet they won't play him. Again why? Cuz he sucks, by your own admission.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Negative. Stanzi has had multiple chances between last year & this year, yet they won't play him. Again why? Cuz he sucks, by your own admission.

ROFL

I can only assume you're trolling now.

Sorter
12-18-2012, 04:00 PM
At this point, I doubt Stanzi is anything. that being said, I'd rather not risk it and ensure that he sits the bench. I don't think that Stanzi is beating either the Colts or Donks. HOwever, I'd personally alleviate that risk and make Quinn play to ensure 2-14.

ptlyon
12-18-2012, 04:03 PM
ROFL

I can only assume you're trolling now.

Nope - see the other thread. Later days.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2012, 04:12 PM
You cannot separate Stanzi from Cousins and isolate it.

Iowa fans like me wouldn't even be talking about Stanzi if it weren't for the groundswell of "trade for Cousins" stupidity that's started.

I was over Stanzi a LONG TIME ago. He got drafted by a shit franchise with a horrible coaching situation and an even worse GM. Sucks to be him, move on.

Look two posts above yours.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I know. But you know what? He's not as much of a homer as people paint him out to be.

Being a Hawkeye fan on this board never used to be such a hassle.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I know. But you know what? He's not as much of a homer as people paint him out to be.

Being a Hawkeye fan on this board never used to be such a hassle.

Only because when y'all homered it up, it was for worthy players like Dallas Clark and Marshall Yanda.

:D

Sorter
12-18-2012, 04:22 PM
What's puzzling to me is, how he went from being the best QB on the roster in OTAs to absolutely horrible in pre-season and for most of TC. I guess OTAs were a fluke.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2012, 04:24 PM
What's puzzling to me is, how he went from being the best QB on the roster in OTAs to absolutely horrible in pre-season and for most of TC. I guess OTAs were a fluke.

Three reasons.

Shorts.

T-shirts.

7-on-7.

htismaqe
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Only because when y'all homered it up, it was for worthy players like Dallas Clark and Marshall Yanda.

:D

See, that's not being a homer, that's just recognizing talent.

Like the time I pimped Leonard Johnson from Iowa...uh...Iowa...State...

:Lin:

Sorter
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Three reasons.

Shorts.

T-shirts.

7-on-7.

Yeah, but I mean, he struggled on 3 step drops and out of of the shotgun. Both are quick passes which simulate 7s. I don't get it other than OTAs were a fluke due to the environment (7s) and Stanzi having the best period of football play of his life. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, but I mean, he struggled on 3 step drops and out of of the shotgun. Both are quick passes which simulate 7s. I don't get it other than OTAs were a fluke due to the environment (7s) and Stanzi having the best period of football play of his life. LMAO

Jon Baldwin also had the greatest training camp in the history of organized football.

Bottom line:

This organization is full of shit.

"Oh, hey, look fans - our 3rd string QB is kicking ass in OTA's!"

"Don't worry, fans - we don't need Dwayne Bowe. Jon Baldwin is having a phenomenal training camp!"

Sorter
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Jon Baldwin also had the greatest training camp in the history of organized football.

Bottom line:

This organization is full of shit.

"Oh, hey, look fans - our 3rd string QB is kicking ass in OTA's!"

"Don't worry, fans - we don't need Dwayne Bowe. Jon Baldwin is having a phenomenal training camp!"

Yup. *beats burt's head repeatedly against wall*

mikey23545
12-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I just cannot get for the life of me why anyone would be against Stanzi playing a game or two here at the end of the year. Are you afraid his inexperience will cost us a win and a chance at the playoffs?

Are those of you who are sure he sucks afraid of being proven wrong?

Are those of you who think he could be a diamond in the rough afraid he may really be a lump of coal?

And if you have no opinion of him one way or the other why would you give a shit?

I'd love to see him play for one simple reason - sheer curiosity.

The only thing that makes me more curious is why anyone would be against him playing...

BigRedChief
12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Why the fuck not. Unless he's actually does good and blows our #1 pick. then I'll be pissed.

notorious
12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Why the **** not. Unless he's actually does good and blows our #1 pick. then I'll be pissed.

I am scared of that.

If he plays good enough to win a couple of games, we retain Pioli, he drafts a non-QB in the first round, and the FAIL train continues down the tracks.

If he succeeds, he better be the second coming of Brady or we are screwed.

BossChief
12-18-2012, 08:34 PM

Where I refuted your claim that only hawkeye homers think Stanzi is anything with Mike Mayock having him tied with Kaepernick and Dalton as a prospect (two players drafted in the second round) and then you ignoring it?

Cmon, man.

This past draft, I called Stanzi -Cousins with a better arm- and pushed for us to trade up for Tanehill.

I just hope he doesnt get his chance and fuck us out of the top pick.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2012, 11:32 AM
ArrowheadPride: Colts vs. Chiefs 2012: Brady Quinn will start at quarterback for KC on Sunday http://bit.ly/zNTiq3

ARROW2
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM
ArrowheadPride: Colts vs. Chiefs 2012: Brady Quinn will start at quarterback for KC on Sunday http://bit.ly/zNTiq3

Whew!!!! That was close.....we need to pick Geno......

Talent rankings of KC QBs....Just talking raw talent here....Cassel has NONE. Quinn a little....Stanzi probably more....Smart move to play Quinn...We need #1...BADLY!!!!

Stanzi
Quinn
Cassel

Mr. Laz
12-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Whew!!!! That was close.....we need to pick Geno......

Talent rankings of KC QBs....Just talking raw talent here....Cassel has NONE. Quinn a little....Stanzi probably more....Smart move to play Quinn...We need #1...BADLY!!!!

Stanzi
Quinn
Cassel
only because we haven't seen Stanzi play much yet. LMAO

unknown always seems better than that shit you actually see

Rausch
12-19-2012, 12:08 PM
only because we haven't seen Stanzi play much yet. LMAO

unknown always seems better than that shit you actually see

Stanzi is $3it.

I was as big a pimp as any but a turd is a turd is a turd...

whoman69
12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Stanzi is $3it.

I was as big a pimp as any but a turd is a turd is a turd...

We already know Cassel is colon blow. We already know Quinn is the Hershey squirts. As bad as everyone says Stanzi is I have a hard time believing he can Montezuma's revenge as badly as the two veterans. What kind of message are you sending to the team by putting the same failure in again. See NYJ and Sanchez.

Rausch
12-19-2012, 01:00 PM
We already know Cassel is colon blow. We already know Quinn is the Hershey squirts. As bad as everyone says Stanzi is I have a hard time believing he can Montezuma's revenge as badly as the two veterans. What kind of message are you sending to the team by putting the same failure in again. See NYJ and Sanchez.

I'm not fighting the idea.

I'm all for it.

When we're done could we please get a GM that knows how to draft a QB?...

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Dave Skretta ‏@APdaveskretta

Passes I just saw Ricky Stanzi throw in practice are why he doesn't play. One bounced 10 ft in front of a receiver 15 yds away. #Chiefs

ptlyon
12-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Passes I just saw Ricky Stanzi throw in practice are why he doesn't play. One bounced 10 ft in front of a receiver 15 yds away. #Chiefs

Dumb fucker ran the wrong route!!!111 couldn't get separation!!!111 /Crennel

htismaqe
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM

ROFL

HolyHat
12-20-2012, 12:41 PM
No, but he could be this. Courtesty of Strongside

http://i.imgur.com/Lavox.jpg

BossChief
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
It was probably a throw away.

Ace Gunner
12-20-2012, 01:21 PM
No, but he could be this. Courtesty of Strongside

http://i.imgur.com/Lavox.jpg