PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Lexicon origins

luv
12-01-2012, 09:21 PM
If you know the origin of any CP lexicon, please feel free to post which one and how it got started.

-King-
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
NTTAWWT is not just a chiefs planet thing...

KCFalcon59
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Seinfeld

pr_capone
12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
NTTAWWT isn't a CP thing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NTTAWWT

luv
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
NTTAWWT is not just a chiefs planet thing...

Okay, bad example (or a good example that I'm not up to date on my internet/texting language). You know what I mean, though (I should hope).

Jenson71
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Seinfeld

luv
12-01-2012, 09:25 PM
JFC. I'm editing the OP so people will actually get what I'm asking for.

Jenson71
12-01-2012, 09:25 PM
JFC. I'm editing the OP so people will actually get what I'm asking for.

Sorry. Jerry Seinfeld.

Jenson71
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Wasn't it Dartgod who started "Your and idiot?"

Jenson71
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry. Jerry Seinfeld.

He was a poster here in 2001. He started the NTTAWWT.

KcMizzou
12-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I admit, it's a combover.

digger
12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Wasn't it Dartgod who started "Your and idiot?" http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090224203311AAY0ra2

Bump
nobody corrects spelling and grammar anymore...

Jenson71
I admit, it's a combover.

j0hn

KcMizzou
12-01-2012, 09:38 PM
WTF's going on in here?

cdcox
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Examples given so far on this thread are sometimes referred to as the Lexicon, but this usage is improper since these are all non-Canonical.

The canon of of the Lexicon was originally established by KCTitus. Here is a version such, ca 2005.

Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I think you're right...Here's the most current Lexicon of terms. Im on vacation this week, so I wont be around to add them this week.

The Lexicon:

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and :-) or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understaood word 'Retard'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.

luv
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090224203311AAY0ra2

Well damn. If none of this started on CP, why is it considered CP lexicon?

Jenson71
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM

That was posted in 2008. Dartgod (or whoever) said it in like 2002.

loochy
12-01-2012, 09:45 PM

because we take it and run with it consistently for years

MoreLemonPledge
12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
No Gaz option. Fail. Antifreeze/flaming AIDS tree.

Easy 6
12-01-2012, 09:51 PM
While he didnt invent it, i'm pretty sure On The Warpath first used that killer, full of lulz descriptor - slapdick - on the Planet.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Examples given so far on this thread are sometimes referred to as the Lexicon, but this usage is improper since these are all non-Canonical.

The canon of of the Lexicon was originally established by KCTitus. Here is a version such, ca 2005.

I think you're right...Here's the most current Lexicon of terms. Im on vacation this week, so I wont be around to add them this week.

The Lexicon:

3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understaood word 'Retard'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.

Words have changed but the meanings are the same. Message boards are really really interesting things.

lewdog
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Pooptaco

Poop going in a tortilla? I don't know, maybe loochy could qualify?

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Pooptaco

Poop going in a tortilla? I don't know, maybe loochy could qualify?

Yeah, I thought of that myself.

I'm sure someone else has too, but that idea was mine.

I always talk about tacos for some reason, and one day I decided that it'd be funny to make a taco with poop in it.

lewdog
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I always talk about tacos for some reason, and one day I decided that it'd be funny to make a taco with poop in it.

What did it taste like?

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:21 PM
What did it taste like?

your mom

lewdog
12-01-2012, 10:32 PM
your mom

My mom is dead, but thanks for the comeback.

Hootie
12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm famous for one!!!!!!! ;)

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:51 PM

you made it so easy

lewdog
12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
you made it so easy

Easy like your mom. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway!

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM

lewdog
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM

you made it so easy.

loochy
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
you made it so easy.

Dartgod
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Wasn't it Dartgod who started "Your and idiot?"

Yes, I was. Clearly my greatest contribution to this site.

I'm curious though how someone who signed up in 2011 would know this?

TrebMaxx
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Shut your whore mouth!

Jenson71
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM

I'd been watching you specifically as a lurker for 11 years before signing up.

"Bob" Dobbs
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm glad this thread is here. I've always wondered about the origin of the "suckin' on a big ol' chilidog" thing.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 12:28 AM

Literature is Jenson

Hootie
12-02-2012, 12:34 AM
you know, I'd hate to rain on Dartgod's parade but "you're and idiot" is a common message board lexicon used all over the web...that shit went on on social networking boards back when I used to parade all over those in the early 2000s...

it's just common idiot talk for people who are typing fast and don't know what they are saying

Bob Dole
12-02-2012, 12:59 AM
you know, I'd hate to rain on Dartgod's parade but "you're and idiot" is a common message board lexicon used all over the web...that shit went on on social networking boards back when I used to parade all over those in the early 2000s...

it's just common idiot talk for people who are typing fast and don't know what they are saying

Genious, BRO!

Bob Dole
12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
NTTAWWT isn't a CP thing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NTTAWWT

Stop being disigerent.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2012, 07:03 AM
My biggest contribution to the lexicon is Casshole. I don't think that fucker was here a week before I started calling him that. Took awhile, but it's caught on.

CLX
12-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Couldn't this list be used by any of the teams in the NFL depending on their season looking much like the Chiefs at the moment?

The Lexicon:

Dartgod
12-02-2012, 09:30 AM

Possibly true, but I had never seen it before here or anywhere else. I believe I posted it in jest in response to a Bob Dole post. I wish the archives weren't hosed up. I'd like to find it.

KCinNY
12-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Always liked "nuthooks."

I think Frazod coined that one.

MoreLemonPledge
12-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Too fat. /Omaha

cdcox
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Couldn't this list be used by any of the teams in the NFL depending on their season looking much like the Chiefs at the moment?

KCTitus created the Lexicon in the earliest days of CP when it became chic to criticize every move the Chiefs made, while praising moves of every other team. CP is probably the least "homer" of the major Chiefs message boards, and we've critically evaluated their personnel moves in good times and bad. So, no I don't think Titus' lexicon can be legitimately co-oped by other boards unless they also emulate the swagger of CP, which in my experience is rather unique.

Spott
12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Antifreeze ftw!

ILChief
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Foot shuffling porter started when Gunther was coach

patteeu
12-02-2012, 11:33 AM
rep - this is a term invented on ChiefsPlanet by former member Logical and it means "I've added positive reputation points to the quoted post. Check your user control panel for the associated reputation message."