PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lenny speaks with Pioli regarding todays event tonight on KMBC

Mr_Tomahawk
12-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride
Chiefs GM Scott Pioli talked to Len Dawson, will be aired on KMBC tonight.

Not expecting anything...just thought I would share for those who want to catch it.

keg in kc
12-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I don't think Pioli has done an adequate job here, and I think he needs to be replaced, but I feel absolutely terrible about what happened today and his part in it (if what was reported is what happens). You can't unsee something like that, and it's probably going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

loochy
Wow that was fast.

If I watched someone I know blow their brains out in front of me I definitely wouldn't want to talk about it for a while.

RealSNR
Wow. What time will that be?

loochy
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
You can't unsee something like that, and it's probably going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Even more reasons that Belcher was a piece of crap

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow. What time will that be?

When the K-State game is over.

CaliforniaChief
12-01-2012, 09:57 PM
If someone can post it for us out-of-staters, it would be appreciated.

memyselfI
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I saw him on the 9 pm edition and he basically said that Pioli was devastated and quite upset with what he saw. Said this family is a team and one if it's family members has suffered an unspeakable tragedy. He said this would stay with and effect Scott for the rest of his life.

There was not an interview of him just Len rehashing their conversation.

HMc
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Crennel doesn't know why it happened.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
It's an off-camera interview apparently. Don't think Pioli will be shown.

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:04 PM

I want to laugh, but I'm afraid someone here will go off on me.

MoreLemonPledge
12-01-2012, 10:05 PM

He was just standing there and then...BOOM. Expended.

...I'm going to hell.

Dayze
12-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I keep repeatedly stumbling over the title of the thread and see "Lemmy" instead of "Lenny"
For a second I thought "Wow...Pioli is a cool MF to bring in Lemmy"

HMc
12-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I keep repeatedly stumbling over the title of the thread and see "Lemmy" instead of "Lenny"
For a second I thought "Wow...Pioli is a cool MF to bring in Lemmy"

same here...weird

Deberg_1990
Pioli is so devastated by this he resigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

HMc
Pioli is so devastated by this he reigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

every cloud...(assuming you meant resigns)

Chief Roundup
12-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Pioli is so devastated by this he resigns tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

Resigning would do nothing to help himself. This event will be with him forever no matter where he is employed.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Seeing the people on the news weeping over this girl should drive home the point that Belcher needs to be permanently erased from our memories.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM

...I'm going to hell.

Awesome. Well.done sir.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Resigning would do nothing to help himself. This event will be with him forever no matter where he is employed.

This.moment defines piolis tenure.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Len Dawson after talking to Pioli: "I saw a man that was hurting. He really was hurting."

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM

Len Dawson after talking to Pioli: "I saw a man that was hurting. He really was hurting."

Big fucking deal if he is hurting.

BourbonMan
12-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Seeing the people on the news weeping over this girl should drive home the point that Belcher needs to be permanently erased from our memories.

Agree

lcarus
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the fucker chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

-King-
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM

No it doesn't. ROFLROFLROFL

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Belcher = Chris Benoit Lite

Baby Lee
Big fucking deal if he is hurting.

The fuck?!?!?

I would care if Michael Moore, The Octomom, The Kardashians, whoever that fuck is that beat on Rhianna, etc., etc. was hurting after witnessing something like Pioli did.

lcarus
Matt Cassel defines Pioli's tenure. This shit had nothing to do with fucking Pioli.

Baby Lee
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the fucker chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

Bud Dwyer was an embezzling asshole, doesn't make the footage of his life spurting out of the hole in his head less distressing.

Witnessing even Hitler's last moments would probably stick with you for a while.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
The Chiefs Hall of Famer spoke with the Chiefs GM following Saturday's tragedy.
Facebook
Twitter

Given the events at Arrowhead on Saturday morning we weren't expecting Kansas City Chiefs GM Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel to say anything publicly. This is something far beyond football and they need to get right.

KMBC's Len Dawson spoke with Pioli as the Chiefs GM left the practice facility on Saturday. Dawson said in Saturday night's telecast:

"I saw a man that was hurting," Dawson said. "He really was hurting. Generally he has a lot of control over himself and his situations but he had no control over this situation. He loves the team and the players, and he lost one of his players, part of his family. And he could do nothing about it.

"The mayor was talking about what it was like. I can't imagine what it's like for Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel to see a man put a gun to his head and pull the trigger. That image is going to stay with them, I'm sure, for the rest of their lives."

I am so far removed from what happened, not really knowing Jovan Belcher. But it's still one of those things where I will always remember where I was when I heard what happened.

loochy
12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
"He really was hurting. Generally he has a lot of control over himself and his situations but he had no control over this situation.

:facepalm:

THAT's what this is about?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Re-elect Scott Pioli

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
KMBC just mentioned us canceling activities. :clap:

Chief Roundup
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Big ****ing deal if he is hurting.

Real nice. People will remember. Ever heard of Karma. You have some coming.

Al Bundy
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
There are some real fuckfaces on this board.

MotherfuckerJones
12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
There are some real ****faces on this board.

This would be on all teams boards. You got fuck faces of all teams

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Thanks. Probably a lot for feeling bad for the girl who's left to.wonder why.

stonedstooge
12-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Did some of the players witness what happened today or were Pioli and Crennel the only ones? Quinn talked about not even being allowed in the area

Hammock Parties
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Sooo yeah, there's nothing really worth posting.

Thanks for trolling us KMBC!

BIG_DADDY
12-01-2012, 11:06 PM
There are some real ****faces on this board.

Always has been

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM

...I'm going to hell.

Pioli may have made an error in judgement on Belcher being part of "the right 53".

bobinkc
12-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Best execution of the season for the Chiefs.

stevenidol
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the ****er chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

Love the internet tough guys.

DTLB58
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Yea, please. :huh:

gblowfish
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Just what we need right now. A bunch of lame nOObs that post obvious "jokes" that aren't funny at all. Two people are dead, dickhead. This is real life stuff.

Chief Roundup

Fuck you asshole. That is not funny at all or on any level.
But you are just a regular that wants to post some nasty shit but doesn't have the balls to do it under his normal user id because you know the hell you deserve for saying this stuff.
Again Fuck you asshole. May god have mercy on your soul.

ROYC75
Yep. If I was witness to his suicide I think I would get over it. I definitely don't think it will "haunt Pioli and Crennel for the rest of their lives" or whatever bullshit. Yeah I'm sure it's a moment they won't soon forget, but if it was me...the ****er chose to murder someone and then chose to murder himself. I can't feel that bad for him. I mean, yeah, it's a shame the guy had whatever mental issues that probably caused him to murder and kill himself, but ultimately he's an asshole.

Nonsense, you just don't know what it is like to be in a place where you could possibly make a difference in a person's life, yet not be able to help them due to their own choosing.

1978, I worked for the volunteer fire department & rescue squad in the town I grew up in. We got a call in the early afternoon on a traffic accident 5 miles south of town. I always kept my gear in the car, I left work at the local gas station and beat the units in place, 1st on the scene. All I had at the time of arrival was my personal fire gear, no tools from the truck or responding units.

As I arrived, I found a 1972 Chevy PU in flames in the engine compartment. Of all the cars backed up on this 2 lane road, nobody anywhere had a fire or extinguisher or any kind of heavy tools, bars, etc. to help pry a guy trapped behind the wheel. The fire truck was a good 3 - 4 minutes away and the flames are getting worst as the oil & fuel starts to burn.

The horrifying screams,the burnt flesh, the shock in disbelief of standing there not being able to do anything was a very hard thing to handle. Has it stayed with me my whole life ? Uh, Yeah, sure in time , time heals, but it did take some time to do just this. Here I am, a 20 + year old kid and seeing my first death, in a very horrible turn of events.

I got back into my car after the clean up, I had left the radio on and heard Michael Johnson's "Bluer Than Blue" song. To this day, if I ever hear it, it brings back that memory.

A year later as a police officer in the same town, a kid my brother grew up with that was a good friend of the family was killed in a motorcycle accident. An hour earlier I had stopped the driver of the cycle to calm down as he drove through town, I told Robert the passenger he needed a helmet on. He told he would but didn't, we picked him up off the pavement faced down, dead after bouncing down the road.

Same song about an hour later came on.... That song triggers memories of incidents in the past.

But time heals, it does have some lasting consequences to some people.

Austin Ed
12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Big ****ing deal if he is hurting.

I concur

bobinkc
12-01-2012, 11:23 PM
**** you asshole. That is not funny at all or on any level.
But you are just a regular that wants to post some nasty shit but doesn't have the balls to do it under his normal user id because you know the hell you deserve for saying this stuff.
Again **** you asshole. May god have mercy on your soul.

Good God. Calm down. Worse things than this happen every minute in the world (see Syria for example) and no one gives a shit. Just because this was a football player we should get all worked up?

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Good God. Calm down. Worse things than this happen every minute in the world (see Syria for example) and no one gives a shit. Just because this was a football player we should get all worked up?

Its because he was a chiefs player. If this happened in Denver or Oakland, this.place would be a riot. But oh he was a chief. We must not make fun of the murderer.

Chiefs=Champions
12-01-2012, 11:37 PM

Oh for fucks sake. There are other people effected here. Thats the point. You're making fun of a situation where a daughter now has no parents. Furthermore a bunch of people including the respective families are going through hell right now.

Its not about Belcher at all.

Chief Roundup
12-01-2012, 11:38 PM

What was that you chickenshit mult?

Chief Roundup
12-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Its because he was a chiefs player. If this happened in Denver or Oakland, this.place would be a riot. But oh he was a chief. We must not make fun of the murderer.

Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a human being. Sure we are all or should be closer to a Chiefs player but good god man people from all across the NFL included hated rivals are sending out condolences and prayers.
You are in the minority on your feelings. It goes directly to your character sir. You have a lot of bad Karma.

bobinkc
12-01-2012, 11:43 PM
What was that you chickenshit mult?

That's a new one. Have to give you an A for originality. What is a chickenshit mult?

If this was a factory worker...no one...and I mean no one would care. Shit happens. That is life. Get over yourself.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that he was a human being. Sure we are all or should be closer to a Chiefs player but good god man people from all across the NFL included hated rivals are sending out condolences and prayers.
You are in the minority on your feelings. It goes directly to your character sir. You have a lot of bad Karma.

Not close to any chiefs player. I don't owe them anything nor do they owe me anything. This is reality and life. Accept it and move on.

splatbass
12-01-2012, 11:48 PM

Pioli and Crennel knew and cared about Belcher. That makes it a lot harder to get over for them than it is for you.

bobinkc
12-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Pioli and Crennel knew and cared about Belcher. That makes it a lot harder to get over for them than it is for you.

Pioli is still an asshole and neither one of them can do their jobs...this doesn't change anything....they both still need to be fired yesterday.

HoneyBadger
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM

There's no such thing as fucking karma. Are you 5 years old?

bobinkc
12-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I can't believe people still believe in karma and god. What are we in the 1800's?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

Scott Pioli told Len Dawson on KC TV tonight that Jovan Belcher’s last words to coaches just before he killed himself were, “I love you.”

Phobia
12-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Bob isn't a troll or a mult. He's a legitimate guy. Signed up under his company email address. Seems legit.

MMXcalibur
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Bob isn't a troll or a mult. He's a legitimate guy. Signed up under his company email address. Seems legit.

Give it to Skip.

AussieChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

Scott Pioli told Len Dawson on KC TV tonight that Jovan Belcher’s last words to coaches just before he killed himself were, “I love you.”wow

splatbass
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Pioli is still an asshole and neither one of them can do their jobs...this doesn't change anything....they both still need to be fired yesterday.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Try to keep up.

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:11 AM

I'm legit. Nothing wrong with speaking the truth. More people might try it.

AussieChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Is there video of the interview?

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Is there video of the interview?

It was an off-air conversation.

AussieChiefsFan
12-02-2012, 12:14 AM
It was an off-air conversation.okay

Ace Gunner
12-02-2012, 12:15 AM

welcome to the most brilliant place in the universe blah blah blah.

Phobia
12-02-2012, 12:16 AM

We've have a "bob" who either did a lot of trolling or was a mouth breather recently and you're going to be accused of being him a lot, especially posting strong opinions. Just tell them "I'm not that bob" and tell them to ask me if they have any other questions.

loochy
12-02-2012, 12:18 AM
We've have a "bob" who either did a lot of trolling or was a mouth breather recently and you're going to be accused of being him a lot, especially posting strong opinions. Just tell them "I'm not that bob" and tell them to ask me if they have any other questions.

it would also be good to not be an idiot for a while

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Point taken. I will try to play nicely until I get a few posts under my belt.

Phobia
12-02-2012, 12:19 AM

JohninGpt
12-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I can't believe people still believe in karma and god. What are we in the 1800's?

How about human decency? Is that outdated too?

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:25 AM
How about human decency? Is that outdated too?

Not sure what I have done to offend "human decency".

JohninGpt
12-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Not sure what I have done to offend "human decency".

It's not about belcher anymore, it's about the people left behind. Losing domeone you csre about to suicide is gut wrenching and not something you just forget about and pretend didn't happen. We all want this team to get better, but stop being a hateful prick for a day or so and let them bury their dead.

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:40 AM
It's not about belcher anymore, it's about the people left behind. Losing domeone you csre about to suicide is gut wrenching and not something you just forget about and pretend didn't happen. We all want this team to get better, but stop being a hateful prick for a day or so and let them bury their dead.

Here is what I am afraid of.....there is a lot of sympathy for Pioli and Crennel....the Chiefs win a couple of games down the stretch....Clark is a pussy and can't man up and fire them....what a nightmare.

I just hope that everyone doesn't lose track of what an awful job they are doing and have done.

splatbass
12-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Here is what I am afraid of.....there is a lot of sympathy for Pioli and Crennel....the Chiefs win a couple of games down the stretch....Clark is a pussy and can't man up and fire them....what a nightmare.

I just hope that everyone doesn't lose track of what an awful job they are doing and have done.

There is a time and place for that. Right after a tragedy like this is not the time and place. Do you attack people at funerals?

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:46 AM
There is a time and place for that. Right after a tragedy like this is not the time and place. Do you attack people at funerals?

No but this is a football message board and not a funeral. I just started here but it appears that people take themselves and this board a little too seriously.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Do you shave or wax?

splatbass
12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Do you shave or wax?

Ask your mom.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 12:51 AM
No but this is a football message board and not a funeral. I just started here but it appears that people take themselves and this board a little too seriously.

Some people are fucking stupid, weeping vaginas with no life.

Jovan Belcher is the biggest form of scum ever to walk the earth. He murdered the mother of his child in front of his/her mother, only to kill himself minutes later.

Fuck him. Anyone that defends him or uses the stupid excuse of head trauma is a fucking drooling retard that needs to grow the fuck up.

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Couldn't have said it better.

mcan
12-02-2012, 12:53 AM

Don't think you have to worry about that. The head office is gone in a few weeks. Quite frankly though, I think it's good that we are getting some perspective right now. Sad it took a tragedy, but maybe for a day we can go out to Arrowhead and remember that the people in charge are still good people. We just don't want them to be in charge of our football team anymore. Anyway, I'm going tomorrow on principle. We're gonna get our asses kicked. But I'm going to feel like a real fan again. I'm gonna wear my red and scream and be a TOTAL chiefs homer, like I used to be. My passion tomorrow as a fan will be... Playoff like... In a few weeks, I'll go back to critical mode and call it like I see it. And trust me, if changes aren't made, I'll be right there with the townsfolk with my pitchfork and torch.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Ask your mom.

She said you were smooth in front, so I'm assuming you wax

Dave Lane
12-02-2012, 01:01 AM
I can't believe people still believe in karma and god. What are we in the 1200's?

FYP

Easy 6
12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't think you have to worry about that. The head office is gone in a few weeks. Quite frankly though, I think it's good that we are getting some perspective right now. Sad it took a tragedy, but maybe for a day we can go out to Arrowhead and remember that the people in charge are still good people. We just don't want them to be in charge of our football team anymore. Anyway, I'm going tomorrow on principle. We're gonna get our asses kicked. But I'm going to feel like a real fan again. I'm gonna wear my red and scream and be a TOTAL chiefs homer, like I used to be. My passion tomorrow as a fan will be... Playoff like... In a few weeks, I'll go back to critical mode and call it like I see it. And trust me, if changes aren't made, I'll be right there with the townsfolk with my pitchfork and torch.

Perfect post is perfect.

mcan
12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Some people are fucking stupid, weeping vaginas with no life.

Jovan Belcher is the biggest form of scum ever to walk the earth. He murdered the mother of his child in front of his/her mother, only to kill himself minutes later.

Fuck him. Anyone that defends him or uses the stupid excuse of head trauma is a fucking drooling retard that needs to grow the fuck up.

Jovan Belcher is the biggest form of scum to walk the earth -
--- Well, that's clearly superlative, but no doubt he went from 'decent guy' by all accounts to a murderer in an instant. No doubt that's what prompted him to end his own life, as so many crimes of passion often do. People can't live with themselves when it dawns on them that they'll never be able to look at a "good person" in the mirror anymore.

Anyone that defends him or uses the stupid excuse of head trauma... -
--- Agreed. Head trauma can cause some serious depression and mood swings, but there isn't any evidence that it can make a good man become a killer. And more to the point, there isn't any reason to believe that he suffered from anything at this point.

mikey23545
12-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Some people are ****ing stupid, weeping vaginas with no life.

**** him. Anyone that defends him or uses the stupid excuse of head trauma is a ****ing drooling retard that needs to grow the **** up.

What in the **** are you even babbling about?

Every post in this thread, except for the ones posted by you incredibly tough Internet Superheroes, is expressing sympathy for the people Belcher traumatized by his actions, not expressing sympathy for Belcher.

Maybe you need to get checked for head trauma.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Jovan Belcher is the biggest form of scum to walk the earth -
--- Well, that's clearly superlative, but no doubt he went from 'decent guy' by all accounts to a murderer in an instant. No doubt that's what prompted him to end his own life, as so many crimes of passion often do. People can't live with themselves when it dawns on them that they'll never be able to look at a "good person" in the mirror anymore.

Anyone that defends him or uses the stupid excuse of head trauma... -
--- Agreed. Head trauma can cause some serious depression and mood swings, but there isn't any evidence that it can make a good man become a killer. And more to the point, there isn't any reason to believe that he suffered from anything at this point.

Use the quote function, Dude.

And I agree with your statements. Head trauma, especially unsubstantiated head trauma (Belcher had never missed a game due to a concussion) doesn't make someone a killer.

As I stated earlier, if head trauma were the reason he murdered his girlfriend and kill himself, why didn't he kill his/her mom, the baby and people at Arrowhead?

It was a crime of passion. Whether or not it was premeditated hasn't been determined and the public may never know the truth.

FloridaMan88
12-02-2012, 01:11 AM

This is a legit worry, especially since Fat Scott will use the tragedy as an opportunity to save his job.

Already some in the media are starting the "Pioli is a sympathetic character and those evil fans who wear black to games and fly banners calling for his firing should back off".

lcarus
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM

I'm not a tough guy in real life or the internet asshole. All I'm saying is the guy murdered a woman and then himself. That's kind of an assholey thing to do. I would get over it if I saw him shoot himself. Don't see how that makes me an "internet tough guy". Also when people say shit like "internet tough guys are really tough behind their keyboards. They probably aren't shit in real life", that's kind of being an internet tough guy.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 01:17 AM
What in the **** are you even babbling about?

Every post in this thread, except for the ones posted by you incredibly tough Internet Superheroes, is expressing sympathy for the people Belcher traumatized by his actions, not expressing sympathy for Belcher.

Maybe you need to get checked for head trauma.

No one has posted today that Belcher may have been suffering from head trauma.

Right.

Internet Superhero? WTF?

mcan
12-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Use the quote function, Dude....

... It was a crime of passion. Whether or not it was premeditated hasn't been determined and the public may never know the truth.

Domestic murder suicides aren't usually premeditated. Possible, but not nearly as likely as a crime of passion.

Premeditated murder suicides are usually of the V-Tech/Columbine ilk.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Domestic murder suicides aren't usually premeditated. Possible, but not nearly as likely as a crime of passion.

Premeditated murder suicides are usually of the V-Tech/Columbine ilk.

As I mentioned earlier, it's yet to be determined whether it was premeditated or not.

For all we know, he could have purchased or borrowed the gun between the time his girlfriend came home from the concert and the time of the murder.

Of course, that's pure speculation but at this point, nothing has been released publicly as to motive.

splatbass
12-02-2012, 01:30 AM
This is a legit worry, especially since Fat Scott will use the tragedy as an opportunity to save his job.

Already some in the media are starting the "Pioli is a sympathetic character and those evil fans who wear black to games and fly banners calling for his firing should back off".

They SHOULD back off this week. Out of respect for the victims and the other players. This has nothing to do with Pioli.

lcarus
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM
No one has posted today that Belcher may have been suffering from head trauma.

Right.

Internet Superhero? WTF?

Yeah, apparently we're internet badasses for saying Belcher is a piece of shit.

mcan
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM

Okay, think about what you're implying: If Scott Pioli handles this situation well, then he's a dick for "trying to save his job." If he handles this situation poorly, then he's not doing his job.... It's lose/lose. The truth is, he probably knows he's going to get fired at the end of the year and after what he saw yesterday, he's probably glad he won't have to go in that building too many more times. In the meantime, he'll continue to try and do his job as best as he can. Just like everybody else in the organization whether they're about to fired or not.

And as for the media encouraging fans to chill out with the SOC stuff, they're right. Everybody agrees, and all of that stuff is cancelled. Not because the media told the fans not to. It's because it's SELF EVIDENTLY in bad taste right now. The media having that opinion doesn't make them Pioli apologists, it makes them... Not idiots.

Phobia
12-02-2012, 01:36 AM
They SHOULD back off this week. Out of respect for the victims and the other players. This has nothing to do with Pioli.

Yeah - we got that one all worked out by ourselves about 15 hours ago and have already released a statement and a press release.

mcan
12-02-2012, 01:38 AM
As I mentioned earlier, it's yet to be determined whether it was premeditated or not.

For all we know, he could have purchased or borrowed the gun between the time his girlfriend came home from the concert and the time of the murder.

Of course, that's pure speculation but at this point, nothing has been released publicly as to motive.

That would certainly make the "tabloid" aspect of this whole situation more palpable, if he went out to GET a gun. Chilling thought. Either way though, the victim is just as dead. And since the assailant isn't going to have a day in court or a defense, premeditated or not, it really doesn't matter. The act is done. Time for healing.

lcarus
12-02-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't see how premeditated matters. Whether he got angry, went to buy a gun and then the next day blew several holes through his girlfriend and killed her, or got angry, had a gun in his back pocket and the next second blew several holes through his girlfriend and killed her, the only thing that matters is that he intended to murder when he got angry, used a gun to blow several holes through his girlfriend and killed her.

splatbass
12-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah - we got that one all worked out by ourselves about 15 hours ago and have already released a statement and a press release.

I know, but the guy I was replying to doesn't seem to get it.

Phobia
12-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Premeditated matters for people who choose what kind of charges to file and which sentences to seek. I'm no lawyer but I'm nearly certain Belcher will not be facing charges in this lifetime.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't see how premeditated matters.

In the end, you're correct: It doesn't matter.

Two people are dead and countless lives have been negatively affected.

But with that said, if it were to be determined that it was premeditated, it would put to rest any speculation these actions were the result of head trauma.

lcarus
12-02-2012, 01:54 AM
Premeditated matters for people who choose what kind of charges to file and which sentences to seek. I'm no lawyer but I'm nearly certain Belcher will not be facing charges in this lifetime.

Yeah I understand how premeditated matters when it comes to the law, but in my opinion sometimes it shouldn't. And yeah, lol, in Belchers case it doesn't matter.

bowener
12-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Bud Dwyer was an embezzling asshole, doesn't make the footage of his life spurting out of the hole in his head less distressing.

Witnessing even Hitler's last moments would probably stick with you for a while.

I made the mistake of watching Dwyer off himself. Fuck.

GoShox
12-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I made the mistake of watching Dwyer off himself. ****.

I didn't think there was a video on Youtube that actually showed it, but a while back I found one that did. Big mistake.

RINGLEADER
12-02-2012, 03:02 AM
I made the mistake of watching Dwyer off himself. ****.

Yeah, I can't even imagine seeing something like that in person. Especially to someone you know. With hindsight we have the ability to ascribe blame and context (such as it is), for Pioli and Crennel and anyone else who witnessed this I'm sure Belcher coming to work and blowing his brains out wasn't even remotely in the realm of possibility. I have been present when people died from accidents and it was disturbing, but seeing someone purposefully take their life would really screw with your mind.

bowener
12-02-2012, 03:02 AM
I didn't think there was a video on Youtube that actually showed it, but a while back I found one that did. Big mistake.

Yeah, I watched it a few years ago. I think I also saw the lady news reporter that shot herself as well.

bevischief
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Wow that was fast.

If I watched someone I know blow their brains out in front of me I definitely wouldn't want to talk about it for a while.

This.

DC.chief
12-02-2012, 06:59 AM
I was going to say it's amazing how classless and immature some of you are. But really it's not a surprise. I feel sorry for some of you people. What is there to argue about here? Fuck all this shit and show some god damn respect.

bevischief
12-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Mental illness is real and we have no idea what was going thru his mind and his private life. I have had to deal with this with my wife. It took me awhile to figure out why someone could go there. I still do. And people wounder why I don't' like being around others.

bevischief
12-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I have done my best to be not CP here for the last 48 hours.

ncCHIEFfan
12-02-2012, 07:20 AM

I think this may be "The" most ignorant post I have read in the 7 years I have been coming to this board!

bobinkc
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
I think this may be "The" most ignorant post I have read in the 7 years I have been coming to this board!

Well I think your post calling my post the most ignorant post you have seen in 7 years...is the most ignorant post I have seen in my lifetime.

dirk digler
12-02-2012, 08:45 AM

I agree with you so let's hope they continue their losing ways today.

ncCHIEFfan
12-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Well I think your post calling my post the most ignorant post you have seen in 7 years...is the most ignorant post I have seen in my lifetime.

:thumb: :rolleyes:

DJJasonp
12-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Not saying that I agree with "you do" or "you dont"...when it comes to making jokes here....

But I have to admit I'm surprised at the amount of "outrage" at anyone bringing up jokes on this issue.

To play a bit of devil's advocate......I'm sure there wasnt a lot of "paying respect" when we had pages and pages of puns when a 6-year old died in a wood chipper? Or when the girl lost her feet on the amusement park ride?

I'm just surprised how Belcher's incident....is in some way more tragic than a 6 year old dying in a wood chipper?

Again - just playing devil's advocate here. Something to think about before flaming away at people (as some deal with tragedy different than others).

And for the record........I laughed until I cried on those threads.....

Red Beans
12-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Agreed. A child has been orphaned by this man's selfish act.

SAUTO
12-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Ummm, phobia there was a post you made exactly like this one when woodchuck started posting.

Turns out you deceived us...
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Fuck you asshole. That is not funny at all or on any level.
Again Fuck you asshole. May god have mercy on your soul.

WTF? He didn't murder someone. Be mad at other people.

SAUTO
12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Mental illness is real and we have no idea what was going thru his mind and his private life. I have had to deal with this with my wife. It took me awhile to figure out why someone could go there. I still do. And people wounder why I don't' like being around others.
THIS. I don't think people understand unless they experience it with someone they love.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
12-02-2012, 09:54 AM

Nasty fuckin' n00b, that one got me
you're gonna be fine here

Braincase
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
I feel for the mother, and the little girl. I'm not going to spend an ounce of energy mourning a murderer.

loochy
12-02-2012, 10:04 AM
THIS. I don't think people understand unless they experience it with someone they love.
Posted via Mobile Device

How the hell does it matter if he was mentally ill or not? THE DUDE MURDERED THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD AS WELL AS HIMSELF IN A PUBLIC WAY IN ORDER TO TRAUMATIZE ALL INVOLVED. There can be NO white knighting of this guy.

SAUTO
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
How the hell does it matter if he was mentally ill or not? THE DUDE MURDERED THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD AS WELL AS HIMSELF IN A PUBLIC WAY IN ORDER TO TRAUMATIZE ALL INVOLVED. There can be NO white knighting of this guy. I can understand how people that haven't dealt with a mentally ill person wouldn't get it.

It's cool for you to feel that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
12-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh and loochy, I know exactly what he did. I don't agree with it, BUT when someone is mentally ill they aren't thinking right. Obviously
Posted via Mobile Device

The Iron Chief
12-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I feel for the mother, and the little girl. I'm not going to spend an ounce of energy mourning a murderer.

Well said.
The baby as we post is crying in someones arms thats Not the mother and never will be ever.

Spott
12-02-2012, 10:12 AM
This will haunt Pioli until he gets fired, and then that will haunt him forever.

stevenidol
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm not a tough guy in real life or the internet asshole. All I'm saying is the guy murdered a woman and then himself. That's kind of an assholey thing to do. I would get over it if I saw him shoot himself. Don't see how that makes me an "internet tough guy". Also when people say shit like "internet tough guys are really tough behind their keyboards. They probably aren't shit in real life", that's kind of being an internet tough guy.

Pretending like you would have no emotion, or even very little, when someone you knew and cared about put a bullet through their head in front it you is the definition of internet tough guy.

Unless you have watched someone die before and are drawing on a previous experience?

nychief
12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't understand all the chest beating about not shedding tears for JB. Way to come down against murder, big principled stand there. Also, it miisses a bigger, more sophisticated look at this terrible story, one that may involve mental illness, professional head trauma.

lcarus
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Pretending like you would have no emotion, or even very little, when someone you knew and cared about put a bullet through their head in front it you is the definition of internet tough guy.

Unless you have watched someone die before and are drawing on a previous experience?

I'm not saying I wouldn't have any emotion, but it isn't something that would haunt me and cause me distress for the rest of my life.