PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Go to hell whitlock.

Pages : [1] 2 3

A Salt Weapon
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes I am a noob here, but after hearing that whitlock just blamed Belcher and his girlfriends death on lack of more restrictive gun laws.
You are a true classless piece of shit, using this incident to push your anti-bill of rights agenda, fuck you.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
I knew this thread would pop up LMAO You gun nuts are hilarious.

Smed1065
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
:popcorn:

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
He's liberal as hell, what did you expect?

Doesn't make him right.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Yes I am a noob here, but after hearing that whitlock just blamed Belcher and his girlfriends death on lack of more restrictive gun laws.
You are a true classless piece of shit, using this incident to push your anti-bill of rights agenda, **** you.
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you want from a Left wing nut in whitlock?

KCrockaholic
Should be fun.

threebag
I can grab my nutts and throw bullets all day long.

Lumpy
12-02-2012, 09:21 PM
And... we're off...

FAX
If I've said it once, I've said it ... oh ... 12 times, maybe.

Guns don't kill people, holes do.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
Consider this article within the context of his usual socio-political opinions.

Pablo
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Off to DC.

Blargggg I'm so mad right now.

kaplin42
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Doesn't make him right.

Doesn't make him wrong either.

Bugeater
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Eh, I'm far more irritated by Costas echoing his sentiments during the SNF broadcast. I don't tune in to hear that crap.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM

He's wrong.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
You gun nuts are hilarious.

I've never owned a gun, and have no desire to.

I still think the anti-gun crowd are fucking morons.

Reerun_KC

Sure in the hell doesn't make him right either.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Eh, I'm far more irritated by Costas echoing his sentiments during the SNF broadcast. I don't tune in to hear that crap.

Left wing nut on NBC it fits their agenda.

Frazod
I knew this thread would pop up LMAO You gun nuts are hilarious.

Well, let's take a look a this. Up until yesterday morning, Belcher was a law abiding, natural-born American citizen with no criminal record. So basically, the solution these communist twats suggest is that nobody be allowed to own a gun, on the off chance that they might get angry and shoot somebody.

Brilliant.

:stupid:

FAX
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Here's an idea ... how about changing a culture that devalues the father role, dehumanizes women, and believes that violence solves problems?

Nah ... that can't help.

FAX

Ace Gunner
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
ya pissed me off jwhit. can't turn back the clock no way.

Bugeater
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh, and now the race card is out. This thread will surely deliver.

Discuss Thrower
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Here's an idea ... how about changing a culture that devalues the father role, dehumanizes women, and believes that violence solves problems?

Nah ... that can't help.

FAX

I think that's what Whitlock was getting at but just IMO

Belial
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM

Just gave the girl an earful on this, I don't tune in to SNF for political commentary, complete BS. She asked what should I expect from NBC...then went to bed cause she tired of listening to me...

listopencil

No, his wrongness makes him wrong.

Hammock Parties
If guns were illegal, I'm sure Belcher would have acquired one via illegal means.

BJ2K
I think we should just not have bodies so there is nothing to shoot.

siberian khatru

Nah ... that can't help.

FAX

:hail:

TimeForWasp
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Concerts should be outlawed.

Reerun_KC
Just applied for my concealed and open carry licenses.

I love me some handguns.

Dayze
could've stabbed her 9 times too.
could've choked her out
baseball bat to the head

.......stop with the gun agenda Whitlock.
someone in a rage, or pre-meditated, will kill you if they want to. the gun just make more noise.

Oh, and now the race card is out. This thread will surely deliver.

Who won the race?

listopencil
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I came home from work today and, even though football was on, my son didn't have the TV on. I blame this tragedy on TV's. Ban them.

A Salt Weapon

Yeah he is, you liberals might want to consider the fact that the gun owners in this country are the main thing protecting your freedoms. You think it's just lucky that no country has attempted to invade ours? The only thing that has kept our country ours is our military and the gunowners that live here.
Might want to consider that the next time you start taking your freedoms for granted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat Elvis
Just gave the girl an earful on this, I don't tune in to SNF for political commentary, complete BS. She asked what should I expect from NBC...then went to bed cause she tired of listening to me...

This is your first post and I'm already tired of listening to you....

Hammock Parties
If Whitlock is going to hell can he get an exclusive with Belcher?

listopencil

Nah ... that can't help.

FAX

Way too rational.

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM

FAX

LMAOLMAO

MotherfuckerJones
Its true when you hear guns dont kill people, people kill people. People have to learn responsibility

Reerun_KC
Yeah he is, you liberals might want to consider the fact that the gun owners in this country are the main thing protecting your freedoms. You think it's just lucky that no country has attempted to invade ours? The only thing that has kept our country ours is our military and the gunowners that live here.
Might want to consider that the next time you start taking your freedoms for granted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you sir.

SPchief
In before the move to DC. Or until the cunt shows up

KC_Connection
Whitlock was right on the mark as usual. Hilarious that his words got sent out like that by Costas to a demographic that will completely hate them.

-King-

I still think the anti-gun crowd are fucking morons.

I think both sides are hilarious and argue nothing but rhetoric.

tk13
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
LMAO I'll give Costas credit, he's got people on twitter in a rabid foaming frenzy. Impressive trollwork there. GoChiefs wishes he could be this good.

Hammock Parties
LMAO I'll give Costas credit, he's got people on twitter in a rabid foaming frenzy. Impressive trollwork there. GoChiefs wishes he could be this good.

Costas has 30 years of practice on me. Give me time.

SPchief
BTW can I get a link?

-King-
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

So countries are refusing to invade us because Johnny Doe around the way has a gun? LMAO

Bugeater
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I came home from work today and, even though football was on, my son didn't have the TV on. I blame this tragedy on TV's. Ban them.
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2urvzfb.jpg

alnorth
What do you want from a Left wing nut in whitlock?

Pretty much this. Obviously I disagree with him, but he is who he is, I'm not gonna get outraged over that (though I am pissed at Costas for using SNF as a political platform for handgun bans).

I'm also not pissed at Tigers for what is in their nature to do. When guns come up, Whitlock writes about gun control and gun bans, and Tigers eat magicians when given a chance. They can't help it.

FAX
LMAO

So countries are refusing to invade us because Johnny Doe around the way has a gun? LMAO

No Chinese invading my place.

FAX

Dayze
lol

tk13
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Costas has 30 years of practice on me. Give me time.

LMAO Fair point. It's not just that people disagree with him, you can feel them typing harder on their keyboard full of rage at what he said.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
LMAO

I would get a kick out of someone trying to invade the south. The military could stay home.

listopencil
12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2urvzfb.jpg

Don't care.

ILChief
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
LMAO

That's what I was thinking.

notorious
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4921079833691606&pid=15.1

Pablo
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm going to go buy a handgun to keep Canada out.

Fuck those guys.

LiveSteam
LMAO

Big reason why the Empire of Japan did not try to invade the west coast in 41

Discuss Thrower
Also; guns don't kill people; physics and chemistry do.

ghak99
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
In before DC!

ILChief
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Link?

A Salt Weapon
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM
LMAO

You seem to have forgotten that behind every blade of grass is a rifleman, that was from the japanese (general, king, emperor, whatever) when asked why he bombed pearl harbor instead of invading the mainland.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat Elvis
Grrrrrr....

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-15ZuZwxMKbg/TtclENn8_0I/AAAAAAAAIms/UpAK_VZ5BbQ/v3%25257Camused%25257C_img%25257Cthe-right-to-bear-arms.jpg

Reerun_KC
I'm going to go buy a handgun to keep Canada out.

**** those guys.

We have been looking at the sig tactical handguns lately. We just purchased some sub compacts for our pockets. But the sigs are pretty sweet.

alnorth
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Whitlock was right on the mark as usual. Hilarious that his words got sent out like that by Costas to a demographic that will completely hate them.

Whitlock was correct in many of the facts and assumptions he posits as fact. I still disagree with his political and policy conclusions and suggestions.

Just to be clear: I will grant that a handgun ban will probably result in decreased gun violence AND decreased overall violence and deaths. They wont all grab a knife instead, I do agree that having a handgun may make it more likely for some people to shoot in a flash of rage. Banning guns probably will result in fewer deaths overall.

Despite all that, I disagree with increased gun control or any form of handgun ban.

Handgun ownership and legalization comes with a price that must occasionally be paid in blood. No matter what, crazy people and hotheads will always have a gun if its widely available. And trying to dismiss that with "oh, they'd just stab instead" is not really intellectually honest in my mind.

We should stop fooling ourselves, accept the fact that the freedoms we have re: gun ownership means more violence, and state clearly that though we can try to minimize the violence without infringing on our freedoms, we are OK with paying that price because giving up handgun ownership is unacceptable.

Marcellus

Yea US gun ownership is probably not as relevant now a days in preventing an invasion but it damn sure has been in the past. Anyone who doesn't get that probably fails to understand how Europe fell so easy in WWII.

kcxiv

FAX

hehe, i dont care one way or another for guns or against, but this part i know, guns make it alot easier to pull a trigger when your in a moment of rage. I have seen people do it. Its true though, guns dont kill, stupid people with guns kill. Like it or not, Guns give people big balls to think they are tough! I have seen it on this forums plenty.

Anyways, like i said, not for or against it, but i understand what he's saying.

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Link?

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II

Go find your own link:harumph:

ILChief
http://img.totaloutdoornetwork.com/UserFiles/15/159/15929/redneck%20with%20guns.jpg

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/0808/white-trash-redneck-white-trash-gun-trailer-demotivational-poster-1217614619.jpg

http://static.allbackgrounds.com/bg/redneck-guns.jpg

notorious
We have been looking at the sig tactical handguns lately. We just purchased some sub compacts for our pockets. But the sigs are pretty sweet.

S&W 642.

My wife has an LC9, and I would take my S&W without a second thought.

That is if I can't get to my shotgun.

kcxiv
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Whitlock was correct in many of the facts and assumptions he posits as fact. I still disagree with his political and policy conclusions and suggestions.

Just to be clear: I will grant that a handgun ban will probably result in decreased gun violence AND decreased overall violence and deaths. They wont all grab a knife instead, I do agree that having a handgun may make it more likely for some people to shoot in a flash of rage. Banning guns probably will result in fewer deaths overall.

Despite all that, I disagree with increased gun control or any form of handgun ban.

Handgun ownership and legalization comes with a price that must occasionally be paid in blood. No matter what, crazy people and hotheads will always have a gun if its widely available. And trying to dismiss that with "oh, they'd just stab instead" is not really intellectually honest in my mind.

We should stop fooling ourselves, accept the fact that the freedoms we have re: gun ownership means more violence, and state clearly that though we can try to minimize the violence without infringing on our freedoms, we are OK with paying that price because giving up handgun ownership is unacceptable.

Totally agree and anyone that doesnt is just a blind.

Predarat
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
If they would have banned guns along time ago OJ would never have used his gun to stab Nicole.

-King-
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II

Go find your own link:harumph:

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

It has been declared this attribution is "unsubstantiated and almost certainly bogus, even though it has been repeated thousands of times in various Internet postings. There is no record of the commander in chief of Japan’s wartime fleet ever saying it.", according to Brooks Jackson in "Misquoting Yamamoto" at Factcheck.org (11 May 2009) (http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/)

Marcellus
hehe, i dont care one way or another for guns or against, but this part i know, guns make it alot easier to pull a trigger when your in a moment of rage. I have seen people do it. Its true though, guns dont kill, stupid people with guns kill. Like it or not, Guns give people big balls to think they are tough! I have seen it on this forums plenty.

Anyways, like i said, not for or against it, but i understand what he's saying.

I assume you mean internet keyboards allow tough talk. Yea some of this shit people say here would NEVER be said face to face.

You could get shot. :hmmm:

Romeo's Pants
just blamed Belcher and his girlfriends death on lack of more restrictive gun laws.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clearly the gun was to blame.

Because there's no way a 6'1", 240+ lb linebacker could kill his girlfriend without a gun. :rolleyes:

Belial
This is your first post and I'm already tired of listening to you....

then tune out fatty

InChiefsHeaven
Yeah. I'm sure Belcher would have worked out whatever issue he had if it weren't for the pesky gunz and stuff.

Whitlock = idiot.

listopencil
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Yea US gun ownership is probably not as relevant now a days in preventing an invasion but it damn sure has been in the past. Anyone who doesn't get that probably fails to understand how Europe fell so easy in WWII.

I'd like to keep Texas and Arizona well armed at least. SoCal is a tossup. Probably enough American gang activity to make it not worthwhile.

listopencil
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Clearly the gun was to blame.

Because there's no way a 6'1", 240+ lb linebacker could kill his girlfriend without a gun. :rolleyes:

Yup. The weakling was obviously hiding behind a gun.

Dayze
12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
don't forget, guns also protect you from your own government.

LiveSteam

Im not sure. what i am sure of. Is a lot more armed peeps than at any other time in the history of this country. & 80% or better are automatic weapons & zombie killing machines. If the second is ever really fucked with. It would be a blood bath in America

Reerun_KC
S&W 642.

My wife has an LC9, and I would take my S&W without a second thought.

That is if I can't get to my shotgun.

Nice. I bought the Taurus tcp to carry daily. Bought the wife a keltec. 380 for her purse.

I have a stoger. 45. She has a colt 38.
Shotgun is.close by. LOL.

kcxiv
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I assume you mean internet keyboards allow tough talk. Yea some of this shit people say here would NEVER be said face to face.

You could get shot. :hmmm:

i been shot at plenty as a youngster. i stay far away from anything gun or thug related now days. lol Im just chillen now days. lol

Imon Yourside

MF'IN THIS!!!! Thanks D-a-y-tothe-Z-e

JoeyChuckles
I honestly doubt Chiefs Planet is going to be able to solve the gun debate in this thread.

I also honestly doubt that anyone that comes in here is going to have their opinion changed based on what they read here.

I lean strongly towards one of the sides in this debate, but it's not even worth arguing with the POTUS, let alone people on here.

ILChief
12-02-2012, 09:46 PM

If the US Army ever invades my neighborhood with tanks, I'm sure a bunch of 12 gauge shotguns will deter them.

Munson
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM

Governments would never hurt their own citizens! :eek:

KC_Connection

While I don't agree overall, I respect and understand your opinion. At least you acknowledge that more guns do equate to more violence and deaths (which most against gun control would never do).

QuikSsurfer
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for your service.

tk13
I honestly doubt Chiefs Planet is going to be able to solve the gun debate in this thread.

I also honestly doubt that anyone that comes in here is going to have their opinion changed based on what they read here.

I lean strongly towards one of the sides in this debate, but it's not even worth arguing with the POTUS, let alone people on here.

Shows what you know. I was totally against any guns existing anywhere 5 minutes ago, but now I'm going to buy one to protect us from Canada. You can't trust a country whose main exports are cold air and Steve Nash.

alnorth

That, in my mind, is the primary reason for widespread gun ownership. Making the US almost impossible to invade is secondary because of the oceans.

Revolution is unthinkable now since the military enjoys the admiration and pride of the people, we more or less agree that we aren't being run by tyrants, and the political process works.

No one knows what will happen 150 years from now.

-King-
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
If the US Army ever invades my neighborhood with tanks, I'm sure a bunch of 12 gauge shotguns will deter them.

ROFLROFL

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
While I don't agree overall, I respect and understand your opinion. At least you acknowledge that more guns do equate to more violence and deaths (which most against gun control would never do).

Also if people would quit breaking into peoples homes. There would be less people shot.

-King-
When that Apache comes, I'm glad I got my handgun!

Exoter175
As a gun owner, I'm all for restrictions on WHO can obtain a weapon. I believe there is an extreme minority in this country that should not have the right to own any weapon, regardless of its lethality. Lucky for me, 99.9% of my wishes in restrictions have come true.

The problem with society is they are idiots, as a whole. Taking guns away from the civilian populations doesn't stop people from killing others, especially in a crime of passion. Anyone care to look up the most common cause of death in "crimes of passion", I'd be willing to be that if a firearm of any kind is #1, it wasn't by much. Strangulation and blunt force trauma are most commonly the cause.

That being said, I find it somewhat saddening that there are people out there in this country that would wish to take away my rights to own a gun. To me, that's like taking away fried chicken and football from Whitlock (No, that wasn't a racist joke, he's a big boy who loves football). I am a sport shooter, I LOOOOOVE to go up to Pigeon Hill in St. Joseph. I make the drive up from Olathe with a group of friends and we all take turns shooting our firearms at various ranges. There's actually nothing I love more than teaching someone to shoot a rifle or a handgun, who has never shot one before.

I love to take the anti-gun crowd and show them that the biggest issue with firearms in today's society, is being afraid of them, and not respecting them. I preach safety first, I always have extra sets of eyes and ears (Glasses and Earplugs for the non gun folk), and I like to thoroughly go through the process of explaining how to operate each individual weapon, how to stay calm if a problem occurs, and how to fix it.

I am not in Law Enforcement, I am not in the Armed Forces. I am just an average joe who loves AR15's and 1911's.

PS, If you tell me my semi-automatic AR15 should be banned because you don't know the difference between Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic, I will proceed to laugh for hours and then explain to you why you are ignorant. I might even make "bahhh" sounds at you and direct you back to your flock of sheep.

/rant off

notorious
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
When that murderer comes, I'm glad I got 911!

FYP

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM

If civil war was ever was to break out inside our boarders our military would be fighting instantly,internally & among themselves.

Go hug a tree

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I think both sides are hilarious and argue nothing but rhetoric.

No, stupid fucking rednecks are hilarious.

Normal, law-abiding citizens with guns, are not.

The problem is, the anti-gun crown is just as ignorant as the rednecks.

Frazod
12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
If civil war was ever was to break out inside our boarders our military would be fighting instantly,internally & among them selves.

Give it up, dude. You see the "IL" in the name? :shake:

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
http://img.totaloutdoornetwork.com/UserFiles/15/159/15929/redneck%20with%20guns.jpg

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/0808/white-trash-redneck-white-trash-gun-trailer-demotivational-poster-1217614619.jpg

http://static.allbackgrounds.com/bg/redneck-guns.jpg

You are one ignorant motherfucker.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
FYP

When seconds count the police are minutes away. Or in my case 30-45 min away.

-King-
12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
FYP

I don't have a problem with owning guns. Have no problem with people having a gun to protect their home and family.

Just don't try to feed me stupid explanations like "I'm for guns because they stop other countries from invading".

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Give it up, dude. You see the "IL" in the name? :shake:

I hear ya. its a waist of time with these types. If it ever happens they will be the first casualties.

Dayze
not to mention that gun control ban, or however you want to call it, is simply an erosion of your liberties. Slowly but surely, other liberties will also be effected.

imagine if the anti-gun crowd were told that there 1st ammendment would now have more restrictions on it, or removed all together.

Link?

I like how "Link or it didn't happen" has progressed into just "Link"

LMAO

notorious

It's funny how EVERY single police officer I talk to is for CCL and armed law abiding citizens.

FAX
Was George Washington a redneck? John Paul Jones? Thomas Paine?

I think not.

These were men who stood firm against tyranny and built an entire country with the power of holes.

FAX

listopencil
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Good thing that the Army is the only armed forced in the entire country.

Dayze

that too.

Frazod
I hear ya. its a waist of time with these types. If it ever happens they will be the first casualties.

I'm surrounded by these fucking sheep every day. OH MY GOD! YOU OWN A GUN!!!!! WHY???? ARE YOU A CRIMINAL OR SOMETHING????

:drool:

FAX
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I like how "Link or it didn't happen" has progressed into just "Link"

LMAO

In future, I'm going with just "Luh".

FAX

notorious
Just don't try to feed me stupid explanations like "I'm for guns because they stop other countries from invading".

OK.

It's obviously not even in the top 20 reasons for gun ownership, but if the time ever comes you can bet that the invading country will definately be aware.

lewdog
I am not a gun nut in the slightest but how would increased gun laws keep someone like Belcher from doing the deed anyway? It would just push more guns to the black market and killers would still acquire them.

I am happy to have a pistol in my bedside nightstand but I hope I never have to use it.

whoman69
Short of banning all guns I don't see how Belcher would have been stopped from legally purchasing a hand gun.

notorious
12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm surrounded by these ****ing sheep every day. OH MY GOD! YOU OWN A GUN!!!!! WHY???? ARE YOU A CRIMINAL OR SOMETHING????

Admit it.

You love the attention.

FAX
Also, I would like to point out that time has no waist. That's because it has no belly or ass or other body parts. It's more like an ethereal concept.

FAX

ghak99
In future, I'm going with just "Luh".

FAX

Just make it L

Reerun_KC
It's funny how EVERY single police officer I talk to is for CCL and armed law abiding citizens.

Truth the guy teaching our class was a OK state trooper. He was all for it.

BigRedChief
Shows what you know. I was totally against any guns existing anywhere 5 minutes ago, but now I'm going to buy one to protect us from Canada. You can't trust a country whose main exports are cold air and Steve Nash.ROFL
they don't concern themselves with Nuclear weapons, drones, tanks, F16's etc, Those other countries are scared of our shotguns and 357's,

Frazod
12-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Lawrence, Kansas had a gun ban in effect on August 21, 1863. Most of the legally-owned firearms in the town were safely locked up in the town's armory.

That ended rather badly for them.

ghak99
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
CP has it under control.

http://s15.postimage.org/ywe5vv5u3/Tiananmen_fisty_protesto.jpg

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Lawrence, Kansas had a gun ban in effect on August 21, 1863. Most of the legally-owned firearms in the town were safely locked up in the town's armory.

You bastards! !!!

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm surrounded by these fucking sheep every day. OH MY GOD! YOU OWN A GUN!!!!! WHY???? ARE YOU A CRIMINAL OR SOMETHING????

I would have been tossed in prison long ago if I lived where you do. Funny thing is.It wouldnt be a gun it be my two hands

Frazod
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Admit it.

You love the attention.

Actually, I do. When people think you're a fucking psycho they tend to leave you alone. :)

SPchief
12-02-2012, 10:01 PM

Heh

KC_Connection
Also if people would quit breaking into peoples homes. There would be less people shot.
Is that the reason all these people are getting shot and killed in the US every year? Home break-ins?

Reerun_KC

He also said don't f around keep hallow points in your guns. Leave no doubt.

alnorth
That, in my mind, is the primary reason for widespread gun ownership. Making the US almost impossible to invade is secondary because of the oceans.

Revolution is unthinkable now since the military enjoys the admiration and pride of the people, we more or less agree that we aren't being run by tyrants, and the political process works.

No one knows what will happen 150 years from now.

I forgot to mention the tertiary reason not to ban handguns, but this 3rd-most important reason is probably the main reason why handgun restrictions were reversed the last couple decades and why the NRA is so powerful today.

Collection and recreational use of handguns is extremely fun.

Simple as that, I sincerely believe its why the pro-gun folks are winning now. When someone sends a few rounds downrange, I believe at that point they will become far less likely to support a ban. Decades ago hardly anyone owned or fired a gun, and were terrified of violence. Handgun bans came close to passing nationally. Then, the NRA and handgun owners stopped apologizing for their hobby, started supporting competitions and encouraging people to give it a try, and thats really all they had to do. Handgun ownership exploded, and I do not at all think its because we've become a country filled with terrified homeowners wanting to defend themselves from the local thug. Not many of those in the midwest, anyway.

notorious
Actually, I do. When people think you're a ****ing psycho they tend to leave you alone. :)

People think you are crazy if you aren't armed around here.

Reerun_KC
Is that the reason all these people are getting shot and killed in the US? Home break-ins?

Shit ton happening here in Oklahoma.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Is that the reason all these people are getting shot and killed in the US every year? Home break-ins?

Only morons deal in absolutes, always, and all.

-King-
ROFL
they don't concern themselves with Nuclear weapons, drones, tanks, F16's etc, Those other countries are scared of our shotguns and 357's,

Invading Country: So, we are able to beat their missiles, their AC130s, their fighter jets, their tanks and our Navy was able to beat their Aircraft carriers and warships but how do we get past those pesky handguns their citizens have? There's just no way!

Frazod
I would have been tossed in prison long ago if I lived where you do. Funny thing is.It wouldnt be a gun it be my two hands

The state sucks, but it's mainly because of Chicago. I don't live in Chicago - I just work there. Sadly, as is the case with most major cities, they fuck shit up for the rest of us. The bigger the city, the more damage they can do.

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Only morons deal in absolutes, always, and all.
Agree entirely.

-King-
Shows what you know. I was totally against any guns existing anywhere 5 minutes ago, but now I'm going to buy one to protect us from Canada. You can't trust a country whose main exports are cold air and Steve Nash.ROFL

Dallas Chief

Dummy

Reerun_KC
People think you are crazy if you aren't armed around here.

It will be in my pocket or inside belt holster. Never even know.I.have it.

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Invading Country: So, we are able to beat their missiles, their AC130s, their fighter jets, their tanks and our Navy was able to beat their Aircraft carriers and warships but how do we get past those pesky handguns their citizens have? There's just no way!

You aren't going to win this one. There is not a military on the planet, short of using nukes, that can defeat a citizen army well over 100 million with small arms.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
It will be in my pocket or inside belt holster. Never even know.I.have it.

I have to ask: Is your period button stuck? ROFL

Dallas Chief
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This is really a stupid take on gun ownership. You should stop.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I have to ask: Is your period button stuck? ROFL

Fat finger on smart phone. Its frustrating as hell. .

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
You bastards! !!!

Stay down, Bitch!

ILChief
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
This is really a stupid take on gun ownership. You should stop.

This. If you want to protect your family from the boogeyman that is one thing, but stupid reasons like this don't help the cause.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Stay down, Bitch!

You just issued me a 150+ year old beatdown.

-King-
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
You aren't going to win this one. There is not a military on the planet, short of using nukes, that can defeat a citizen army well over 100 million with small arms.

Um... where the hell do you get that 100 million number? You really think 25% of the people in the country own guns?

And I'm sure if an army has gotten through all our defenses, they would be able to get through small arm owners.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
This. If you want to protect your family from the boogeyman that is one thing, but stupid reasons like this don't help the cause.

Boogeyman has been coming up on the losing end lately. Poeple here.have been popping them right and left.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Boogeyman has been coming up on the losing end lately. Poeple here.have been popping them right and left.

You need to start hanging their corpes on the power lines to scare the intruders away.

Dayze
12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Actually, I do. When people think you're a ****ing psycho they tend to leave you alone. :)

http://www.shorpy.com/files/Do%20not%20touch.jpg

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Um... where the hell do you get that 100 million number? You really think 25% of the people in the country own guns?

And I'm sure if an army has gotten through all our defenses, they would be able to get through small arm owners.

The number of guns owned by civilians in the US is over 270 million. Those who don't own guns often know a family member who has several.

In the hilariously unlikely event that someone goes all Red Dawn on us, I'm pretty sure the weapons that are privately held will be spread out among those who want to fight.

Chieftain58
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Costas should be fired

ILChief
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Costas should be fired

not gonna happen. he's one of the top people in the business.

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Back to JW.....the guy has become more and more irrelevant since the Star dumped him. Even then he was making a few very badly executed attempts to use his sports writer position morph into some sort of editorial writer or OpEd guy. So its not hard to see him try to springboard from the killings to a statement about guns, or something. His talent for sports writing again gets overshadowed by his poor attempts to regain some position on the larger stage like he once had.

Dallas Chief
I would get a kick out of someone trying to invade the south. The military could stay home.

Actually, if you were going to invade the USA that would be the way to go to quickly grab as much turf as possible. No serious weather concerns, i.e. cold, plenty of entry points due to water access from the Gulf and Atlantic, no shared foreign borders, no super dense population centers. See what I am getting at? Maybe not...

Reerun_KC

We had to order ours. Since the election gun sales are hitting record highs. There are back orders for handguns here. Dealers are moving hundreds of guns a week. One store sold 65 handguns the Saturday after the.election. same place I bought our new.ones.

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM

I am a proud lib. This is pretty much my position. I think gun control has become a third rail issue. At this point, no one is going to change their mind.
Its pretty obvious to me more guns= more gun violence. Alnorth's point is pretty damn rational, and hard to disagree with imo.
Democrats have pretty much conceded this issue politically.
As someone earlier pointed out, a congresswoman was shot in the head, and no bills were introduced to limit gun control.
I think conservatives should at least be intellectually honest enough to recognize that it would be easier in a fit of rage to shoot someone then knife them if you have a pistol on your hip.

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I forgot about this poll. In 2011, self-identified gun owners reached 47%. That might be higher today.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/self-reported-gun-ownership-highest-1993.aspx

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
You just issued me a 150+ year old beatdown.

And you recognized it! Good job.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Quantrill.jpg/220px-Quantrill.jpg

-King-
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
The number of guns owned by civilians in the US is over 270 million. So? They can't all be fired at once so it doesn't matter how many guns are owned. You may own 10 guns but you can only fire one or two at once max.

Those who don't own guns often know a family member who has several.

In the hilariously unlikely event that someone goes all Red Dawn on us, I'm pretty sure the weapons that are privately held will be spread out among those who want to fight.
We are still talking about a highly trained army vs. a largely unhealthy and untrained population, the majority of whom wouldn't be able to hit the target at a shooting range if you gave them 500 rounds.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Actually, if you were going to invade the USA that would be the way to go to quickly grab as much turf as possible. No serious weather concerns, i.e. cold, plenty of entry points due to water access from the Gulf and Atlantic, no shared foreign borders, no super dense population centers. See what I am getting at? Maybe not...

You want to invade south Dakota?

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
So? They can't all be fired at once so it doesn't matter how many guns are owned. You may own 10 guns but you can only fire one or two at once max.

We are still talking about a highly trained army vs. a largely unhealthy and untrained population, the majority of whom wouldn't be able to hit the target at a shooting range if you gave them 500 rounds.

City slicker :D

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:19 PM
At this point, no one is going to change their mind.

/thread

Reerun_KC
12-02-2012, 10:19 PM
City slicker :D

His assumptions are funny.

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
So? They can't all be fired at once so it doesn't matter how many guns are owned. You may own 10 guns but you can only fire one or two at once max.

We're not going to line up in orderly rows, British redcoat-style. I think Afghanistan and Iraq, countries with far few gun owners and guns than this one, have shown us how bloody even a poorly-armed insurgency can be. Invading the US, even without our army, would be a total losing bloodbath for anyone.

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I am a proud lib. This is pretty much my position. I think gun control has become a third rail issue. At this point, no one is going to change their mind.
Its pretty obvious to me more guns= more gun violence. Alnorth's point is pretty damn rational, and hard to disagree with imo.
As someone earlier pointed out, a congresswoman was shot in the head, and no bills were introduced to limit gun control.
I think conservatives should at least be intellectually honest enough to recognize that it would be easier in a fit of rage to shoot someone then knife them if you have a pistol on your hip.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0612/US-violent-crime-rate-down-for-fifth-straight-year

Gun ownership is growing rapidly.

odd isnt it

Dallas Chief
12-02-2012, 10:23 PM
You want to invade south Dakota?

You said the South. Not South Dakota.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0612/US-violent-crime-rate-down-for-fifth-straight-year

Gun ownership is growing rapidly.

odd isnt it

When the economy is booming, crime tends to decrease.

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM

And you would love how fast my Larue OBR can rack through the rounds.

Reerun_KC
You said the South. Not South Dakota.

I thought you wanted to invade south Dakota?

-King-
His assumptions are funny.

How so? The United States is the unhealthiest nation in the world. Up against a well trained army, 300lb men aren't going to do that much damage.

Add to the fact that the majority of them aren't trained in using guns or proper combat tactics, it would be very hard of them to do anything substantial.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:25 PM
How so? The United States is the unhealthiest nation in the world. Up against a well trained army, 300lb men aren't going to do that much damage.

Full retard. You just reached it.

-King-
12-02-2012, 10:26 PM
And you would love how fast my Larue OBR can rack through the rounds.

I'm not talking about people like you. You are in the vast minority of people who know how to use guns and are proficient at it. Most people don't.

Reerun_KC

Add to the fact that the majority of them aren't trained in using guns or proper combat tactics, it would be very hard of them to do anything substantial.

Uh okay bro.

Frazod

We'll use all the cowering metrosexuals as human shields. You guys should be easy to stack, too, since you don't weigh very much.

-King-
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM

Yeah, I'm sure a whole bunch of overweight unskilled men can stop an invasion from a well trained skilled army.

-King-
We'll use all the cowering metrosexuals as human shields. You guys should be easy to stack, too, since you don't weigh very much.

ROFL

ghak99

ROFL

Raiderhater
12-02-2012, 10:28 PM

Well no shit. More guns equals more gun violence. That is a nice talking point for the gun banners but, the real question is do guns equal more violence in general?

A violent person with violent intentions is going to be violent regardless of wether or not there are guns, or even knives, around to do the damage or they have to use their hands, scissors, frying pan, shovel, bottle, or what have you. If someone wants to inflict pain they will, gun or no.

Munson

Bwahahahaaa! ROFL

Reerun_KC

ROFL

Chief_For_Life58

hahahaha is this retard talking about the US army? the same one that rapes everybody even if they do hide their wifes hide their kids? we pwn all

-King-
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
hahahaha is this retard talking about the US army? the same one that rapes everybody even if they do hide their wifes hide their kids? we pwn all

No.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm sure a whole bunch of overweight unskilled men can stop an invasion from a well trained skilled army.

Unhealthiest nation.

300 pound men.

What the fuck? ROFL

Dayze
12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
i'm 240, thank you very much :harumph:

-King-
Unhealthiest nation.

300 pound men.

What the fuck? ROFL

Exaggeration. But 73% of americans are overweight or obese.

notorious

No, he just said the US is the unhealthiest nation in the world. We are mostly made up of 300 pound slobs that can't get off our fat asses.

If he specifically cited CP, I would agree.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Exaggeration. But 73% of americans are overweight or obese.

Maybe we need to be invaded to cut off their food supply.

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
i'm 240, thank you very much :harumph:

215 here. Not quite as fast as I used to be. getting old sucks!:mad:

Raiderhater
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM

You fail to take into consideration how many of the people in this country have spent time in the armed forces or law enforcement. You also fail to take into consideration how many hunters there are in this country that are proficient with fire arms, concealment, stalking and the lay of the land.

And I don't care how over weight someone may be. If they are a dead shot put 'em in a protected and concealed place and watch as the enemy starts dropping.

We may not win in the end but, the enemy would have a lot tougher go of it than you seem to think.

listopencil
12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The number of guns owned by civilians in the US is over 270 million. Those who don't own guns often know a family member who has several.

Yup.

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM
We have all watched too many movies. I will go with history.

listopencil
12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not talking about people like you. You are in the vast minority of people who know how to use guns and are proficient at it. Most people don't.

Where do you live?

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I wounder how many Germans met their end with this hunk of iron in the battles that raged in the cities of Russia
It has to be in the millions
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0001.jpg

All the SS,tanks,Stuka dive bombers & they still lost to this rifle

notorious
12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
I wounder how many Germans met their end with this hunk of iron in the battles that raged in the cities of Russia
It has to be in the millions
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/0001.jpg

I wonder how many of those Russian Snipers couldn't lift their right arm above their head.

I have one of those and it kicks my ass. Metal buttstock POS.

Munson
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
You fail to take into consideration how many of the people in this country have spent time in the armed forces or law enforcement. You also fail to take into consideration how many hunters there are in this country that are proficient with fire arms, concealment, stalking and the lay of the land.

And I don't care how over weight someone may be. If they are a dead shot put 'em in a protected and concealed place and watch as the enemy starts dropping.

We may not win in the end but, the enemy would have a lot tougher go of it than you seem to think.

Well said. :clap:

ghak99
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM

I believe some groups estimate this number may be close to 45 million.

A Salt Weapon
12-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Bravo! Bravo! Best post of the century right there.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
12-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Let's see ... an army of 300 pound men with guns against a bunch of skinny marathon runners with ankle socks ...

The skinny guys might be able to run a mile in 6 or 7 minutes on a great day, but a bullet can do that in a second or two.

I'm taking the lard asses in a landslide.

FAX

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Let's see ... an army of 300 pound men with guns against a bunch of skinny marathon runners with ankle socks ...

The skinny guys might be able to run a mile in 6 or 7 minutes on a great day, but a bullet can do that in a second or two.

I'm taking the lard asses in a landslide.

FAX

And as an added bonus, the extra few inches of fat might stop or divert a bullet into a treatable flesh wound.

A Salt Weapon
12-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Very well said.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
12-02-2012, 10:50 PM

Doesn't make him right.

Bob Costas at halftime of the Eagles/Boys game, totally agreeing with him - 'if Jovan Belcher didn't have a gun, Kassandra would still be alive today.'

No; he would have beat her to death or stabbed her to death. He made a conscious decision to take her life. The method he acheived that with is about as important as what kind of car he drove to Arrowhead after...

Liberals...

:shake:

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Well no shit. More guns equals more gun violence. That is a nice talking point for the gun banners but, the real question is do guns equal more violence in general?

A violent person with violent intentions is going to be violent regardless of wether or not there are guns, or even knives, around to do the damage or they have to use their hands, scissors, frying pan, shovel, bottle, or what have you. If someone wants to inflict pain they will, gun or no.

Obvious.

A crazy person does a lot more damage with an AK-47, then a frying pan (to use your example).

I actually own guns, I am just saying that having some perspective would actually strengthen your position, ie. you wouldn't sound like an idiot.

Psyko Tek
12-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I used to take pride in the fact that everybody in nebraska had guns and there had never been a shooting there.
then a couple of years ago 10, 11
somebody pulled the shit at a food court at west roads in Lincoln

one of my nieces worked there at the time

I worry less about gun control than mental health for people

I also like the idea of give them all the guns they want just no bullets

alnorth
12-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Obvious.

A crazy person does a lot more damage with an AK-47, then a frying pan (to use your example).

I actually own guns, I am just saying that having some perspective would actually strengthen your position, ie. you wouldn't sound like an idiot.

This is the reason why the gun-ban debate is over. Outside of a few isolated pockets in NY, SF, and Chicago where people are still terrified of them, modern young liberals are increasingly becoming gun-owners.

You don't win the gun debate by defeating Democrats, you do it by turning a critical mass of them into gun owners. I've gone to plenty of message boards where people who are otherwise liberal turn out to be either agnostic about guns or supportive.

Similarly, Democrats do not win the various gay rights and MJ drug culture wars by defeating republicans, they are doing it by convincing them that its OK to be on the same side for just that one issue, and continue to fight on economics and taxes. Young Republicans today support gay marriage and MJ decriminalization.

LiveSteam
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I used to take pride in the fact that everybody in nebraska had guns and there had never been a shooting there.

I did not know their was a west roads in Lincoln,
Are you sure you arent talking about the Vaughn Mar shooting at the Westroads in Omaha?

Ming the Merciless
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Shitlock is a moron

the anti-gun idiots are complete imbeciles

It is quite fitting that Whitlock is also a member of that crowd

HonestChieffan
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Obvious.

What is obvious is that you cannot back up your flat assertion with any credible data.

People intent on killing another will find a way, premeditated or in a rage. Example:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/staten_island_man_taken_into_custody_iy5NtjCIufML8cnvOdj4xJ?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
This is the reason why the gun-ban debate is over. Outside of a few isolated pockets in NY, SF, and Chicago where people are still terrified of them, modern young liberals are increasingly becoming gun-owners.

You don't win the gun debate by defeating Democrats, you do it by turning a critical mass of them into gun owners. I've gone to plenty of message boards where people who are otherwise liberal turn out to be either agnostic about guns or supportive.

Similarly, Democrats do not win the various gay rights and MJ drug culture wars by defeating republicans, they are doing it by convincing them that its OK to be on the same side for just that one issue, and continue to fight on economics and taxes. Young Republicans today support gay marriage and MJ decriminalization.

I agree.

"The arc of history is long, but it bends toward freedom"

Raiderhater
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Obvious.

You make the master of the obvious statement that fewer guns would equal less gun violence and I am the idiot? :bong:

There is nothing obvious about your answer. No guns? Want to kill a whole lot of people? Make a home made bomb like the OKC bomber.

Your "logic" is faulty.

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Gun culture is just so significantly ingrained in America right now. It's part of the reason why politicians (at least those who actually hope to win) never touch the issue. It's also why I was so surprised that Costas got on his pulpit during the most watched show on television.

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
What is obvious is that you cannot back up your flat assertion with any credible data.

People intent on killing another will find a way, premeditated or in a rage. Example:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/staten_island/staten_island_man_taken_into_custody_iy5NtjCIufML8cnvOdj4xJ?utm_campaign=OutbrainA&utm_source=OutbrainArticlepages&obref=obinsource

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hbe8MfVf1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Bugeater
12-02-2012, 11:17 PM

It was at a Von Maur department store. And it was in Omaha. But you got the state and the name of the mall right. :thumb:

WV
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM

This....but then again i cant say I expect any better from NBC.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Whitlock kicks ass.

A Salt Weapon
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Whitlock sucks ass.

Fixed that for you.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Fixed that for you.

naaa dude. He is the truth. White people hate him because he threatens what they love. It is understandable.

Raiderhater
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
naaa dude. He is the truth. White people hate him because he threatens what they love. It is understandable.

You are still one of the most underrated posters on this board.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
You are still one of the most underrated posters on this board.

pretty much the Keith Cash of posters.

GoChargers
12-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm beyond sick and tired of gun-grabbers just waiting for incidents like this so that they can spread their agenda. Way to politicize a tragedy and make it all about yourselves and your hatred of our Constitution, losers.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm beyond sick and tired of gun-grabbers just waiting for incidents like this so that they can spread their agenda. Way to politicize a tragedy and make it all about yourselves and your hatred of our Constitution, losers.

No shit. The guy killed his aunt and took out some sheep. Have some Fucking respect for the dead.

baitism
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Taliban and Muj have done quite well against us and the Soviets with small arms. Also, banning high demand stuff, like alcohol, works well.

Raiderhater
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM
pretty much the Keith Cash of posters.

:thumb:

Frazod
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM

Yeah, things like life and liberty. Meh. Who needs 'em? Overrated by liberals. Unless you're talking about their own, of course.

Chiefshrink
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM

Yep ! But this is just the Mainstream Media pushing their 'Progressive(a la Marxist) bullsh** agenda. As some of you said already why should we be surprised ? Progressivism is nothing more than a dressed up term for Marxism.

I wonder if Whitlock realizes that a pair of human hands are just as dangerous as a gun ? Belcher could have very easily strangled Perkins to death. Do the Progressives think all humanity should rid themselves of the use of their hands to prevent potential murder?? See the absurdity ? I'm still waiting for that particular gun to load and shoot itself and murder an innocent human !

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Whitlock kicks ass.
Yep. Isn't afraid to say what he believes and much of the time he's exactly right (he certainly was about Pioli).

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Yep. Isn't afraid to say what he believes and much of the time he's exactly right.

he loooooves the wire so damn much though.

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
You make the master of the obvious statement that fewer guns would equal less gun violence and I am the idiot? :bong:

There is nothing obvious about your answer. No guns? Want to kill a whole lot of people? Make a home made bomb like the OKC bomber.

Your "logic" is faulty.

Glad you agree it is OBVIOUS. US kills a lot of people with guns. Right to own guns= dumb people can kill more people easier. It has more to do with our right to own guns than our cultural relationship with Thailand, Columbia, and South Africa.

Murders with firearms (most recent) by country

<table class="body sortable" border="0" cellpadding="3px" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="0" class="datarow" name="sf"><td class="graphHl td40"># 1 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/sf.gif South Africa (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/sf/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">31,918 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="1" class="datarow" name="co"><td class="td40"> # 2 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/co.gif Colombia (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/co/cri):</td><td class="td180">21,898 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="2" class="datarow" name="th"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 3 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/th.gif Thailand (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/th/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">20,032 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="3" class="datarow" name="us"><td class="td40"> # 4 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/us.gif United States (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us/cri):</td><td class="td180">9,369 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="4" class="datarow" name="rp"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 5 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/rp.gif Philippines (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/rp/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">7,708 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="5" class="datarow" name="mx"><td class="td40"> # 6 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/mx.gif Mexico (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/mx/cri):</td><td class="td180">2,606 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="6" class="datarow" name="lo"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 7 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/lo.gif Slovakia (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/lo/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">2,356 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="7" class="datarow" name="es"><td class="td40"> # 8 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/es.gif El Salvador (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/es/cri):</td><td class="td180">1,441 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="8" class="datarow" name="zi"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 9 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/zi.gif Zimbabwe (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/zi/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">598 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="9" class="datarow" name="pe"><td class="td40"> # 10 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/pe.gif Peru (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/pe/cri):</td><td class="td180">442 </td><td class="td255">

</td></tr></tbody></table>http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms&b_printable=1

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Yep ! But this is just the Mainstream Media pushing their 'Progressive(a la Marxist) bullsh** agenda. As some of you said already why should we be surprised ? Progressivism is nothing more than a dressed up term for Marxism.

I wonder if Whitlock realizes that a pair of human hands are just as dangerous as a gun ? Belcher could have very easily strangled Perkins to death. Do the Progressives think all humanity should rid themselves of the use of their hands to prevent potential murder?? See the absurdity ? I'm still waiting for that particular gun to load and shoot itself and murder an innocent human !
Why do people try to argue that guns don't make it easier to kill people? Isn't that the entire point of them?

GoChargers
12-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Isn't that the entire point of them?

Um, no, it isn't. The point of gun ownership is self-defense. Anyone who uses them specifically to kill people is clearly not fit to own one.

Frazod
Glad you agree it is OBVIOUS. US kills a lot of people with guns. Right to own guns= dumb people can kill more people easier. It has more to do with our right to own guns than our cultural relationship with Thailand, Columbia, and South Africa.

<table class="body sortable" border="0" cellpadding="3px" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="0" class="datarow" name="sf"><td class="graphHl td40"># 1 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/sf.gif South Africa (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/sf/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">31,918 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="1" class="datarow" name="co"><td class="td40"> # 2 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/co.gif Colombia (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/co/cri):</td><td class="td180">21,898 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="2" class="datarow" name="th"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 3 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/th.gif Thailand (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/th/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">20,032 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="3" class="datarow" name="us"><td class="td40"> # 4 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/us.gif United States (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us/cri):</td><td class="td180">9,369 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="4" class="datarow" name="rp"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 5 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/rp.gif Philippines (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/rp/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">7,708 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="5" class="datarow" name="mx"><td class="td40"> # 6 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/mx.gif Mexico (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/mx/cri):</td><td class="td180">2,606 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="6" class="datarow" name="lo"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 7 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/lo.gif Slovakia (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/lo/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">2,356 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="7" class="datarow" name="es"><td class="td40"> # 8 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/es.gif El Salvador (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/es/cri):</td><td class="td180">1,441 </td><td class="td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="8" class="datarow" name="zi"><td class="graphHl td40"> # 9 </td><td class="graphHl td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/zi.gif Zimbabwe (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/zi/cri):</td><td class="graphHl td180">598 </td><td class="graphHl td255">

</td> </tr> <tr id="9" class="datarow" name="pe"><td class="td40"> # 10 </td><td class="td150">http://tfw.cachefly.net/snm/images/nm/flags/height12/pe.gif Peru (http://www.nationmaster.com/country/pe/cri):</td><td class="td180">442 </td><td class="td255">

</td></tr></tbody></table>http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms&b_printable=1

Frankly, dumb people do far more damage with their votes than they do with their firearms.

Demonpenz
I like the no nonsense attitude by South Africa.

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
he loooooves the wire so damn much though.
You don't like The Wire? C'mon man.

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
ROFLI like the no nonsense attitude by South Africa.

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Um, no, it isn't. The point of gun ownership is self-defense. Anyone who uses them specifically to kill people is clearly not fit to own one.
Guns were created to make it easier to kill, no?

Bump
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM

I still think the anti-gun crowd are ****ing morons.

same, I do kind of want one though.

But disarming good people, doesn't help protect them.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:54 PM

I love The Wire, but I think Whitlocks obsession with the inner city clouds his judgement on how good the show is. I have to be careful with my opinion as well since I am from st joseph and am surrounded by bald men and meth like in Breaking Bad. I have to make sure my opinion is based in reality.

Chiefshrink
12-02-2012, 11:54 PM

naaa dude, he took a very horrific incident and decided to be selfish and go political and 'grand stand' for himself in order to get patted on the head by his fellow Progressive Marxists in the media and also get a "thatta boy" from his Democrat Party Plantation owners that don't want any blacks to escape the Democrat plantation that keeps the black race down:thumb:

Whitlock is a phony race card baiting political opportunist at everyturn.:rolleyes:

GoChargers
12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Guns were created to make it easier to kill, no?

No, they were created as a means of self-defense.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
naaa dude, he took a very horrific incident and decided to be selfish and go political and 'grand stand' for himself in order to get patted on the head by his fellow Progressive Marxists in the media and also get a "thatta boy" from his Democrat Party Plantation owners that don't want any blacks to escape the Democrat plantation that keeps the black race down:thumb:

Whitlock is a phony race card baiting political opportunist at everyturn.:rolleyes:

naaa dude.

Terribilis
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pUjh9Id6Id8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>.

Demonpenz
12-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Can't wait for Michael Moore's bowling for Arrowhead.

KC_Connection
12-02-2012, 11:59 PM
And how do they increase your means of self-defense? Wouldn't it be by making it easier to kill your enemies? That's kind of the obvious effect of them, no?

Demonpenz
12-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Now I know why in "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego" she stay da fuck out of south africa.

listopencil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

This is a historical list of countries by firearm-related death-rate per 100,000 population in one year. It can be resorted (ascending or descending) on any column by clicking on the sort icon at the head of the column.

<table class="wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter"><thead><tr bgcolor="#ECECEC" valign="top"><th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Country</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Total firearm-related death rate</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort headerSortUp">Homicides</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Suicides</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Unintentional deaths</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Year</th> <th title="Sort ascending" class="headerSort">Sources and notes</th> </tr></thead><tbody> <tr> <td> Colombia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombia)</td> <td>51.77</td> <td>51.77</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2000</td> <td>UNODC 2000<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2000_1-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2000-1)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> El Salvador (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Salvador)</td> <td>50.36</td> <td>50.36</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2009</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-0" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Jamaica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica)</td> <td>47.44</td> <td>47.44</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2009</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-1" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Honduras (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras)</td> <td>46.70</td> <td>46.70</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2007</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-2" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Guatemala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala)</td> <td>38.52</td> <td>38.52</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2009</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-3" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Swaziland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swaziland)</td> <td>37.16</td> <td>37.16</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2004</td> <td>UNODC 2006<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-4" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Panama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama)</td> <td>12.92</td> <td>12.92</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2010</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-5" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Brazil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil)</td> <td>14.15</td> <td>10.58</td> <td>0.73</td> <td>0.28</td> <td>1993</td> <td>Krug 1998<sup id="cite_ref-IEA1998_3-0" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-IEA1998-3)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico)</td> <td>12.07</td> <td>9.88</td> <td>0.91</td> <td>1.27</td> <td>1994</td> <td>Krug 1998<sup id="cite_ref-IEA1998_3-1" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-IEA1998-3)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Philippines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines)</td> <td>9.46</td> <td>9.46</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2002</td> <td>UNODC 2002<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2002_5-0" class="reference">[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2002-5)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Montenegro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montenegro)</td> <td>8.55</td> <td>8.55</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2009</td> <td>WHO 2012<sup id="cite_ref-WHO2012_8-0" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-WHO2012-8)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Paraguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguay)</td> <td>7.35</td> <td>7.35</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2000</td> <td>UNODC 2000<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2000_1-1" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2000-1)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Nicaragua (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua)</td> <td>7.14</td> <td>7.14</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2007</td> <td>OAS 2011<sup id="cite_ref-GunPolicy_2-6" class="reference">[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-GunPolicy-2)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Northern Ireland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland)</td> <td>6.82</td> <td>5.24</td> <td>1.34</td> <td>0.12</td> <td>1994</td> <td>Krug 1998<sup id="cite_ref-IEA1998_3-3" class="reference">[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-IEA1998-3)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Zimbabwe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbabwe)</td> <td>4.75</td> <td>4.75</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2000</td> <td>UNODC 2000<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2000_1-2" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2000-1)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States)</td> <td>10.27</td> <td>4.14</td> <td>5.71</td> <td>0.23</td> <td>2004-2006</td> <td>CDC<sup id="cite_ref-CDC_4-0" class="reference">[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-CDC-4)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Serbia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia)</td> <td>3.90</td> <td>3.90</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2010</td> <td>WHO 2012<sup id="cite_ref-WHO2012_8-1" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-WHO2012-8)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Finland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland)</td> <td>3.64</td> <td>3.64</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2010</td> <td>WHO 2012<sup id="cite_ref-WHO2012_8-2" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-WHO2012-8)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td>Costa Rica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Rica)</td> <td>3.32</td> <td>3.32</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2002</td> <td>UNODC 2002<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2002_5-1" class="reference">[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2002-5)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Uruguay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguay)</td> <td>3.24</td> <td>3.24</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2002</td> <td>UNODC 2002<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2002_5-2" class="reference">[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2002-5)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Croatia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia)</td> <td>3.01</td> <td>3.01</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2010</td> <td>WHO 2012<sup id="cite_ref-WHO2012_8-3" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-WHO2012-8)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> Barbados (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados)</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2000</td> <td>UNODC 2000<sup id="cite_ref-UNODC2000_1-3" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-UNODC2000-1)</sup></td> </tr><tr> <td> France (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France)</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>3.00</td> <td>NA</td> <td>NA</td> <td>2009</td> <td>WHO 2012<sup id="cite_ref-WHO2012_8-4" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate#cite_note-WHO2012-8)</sup></td></tr></tbody></table>

kcxiv

So you can stop a person faster!!! No matter how you word it, no matter how you say it. ITs the truth. They stop a person FAST faster then any hand, stick or bat or knife.

KC_Connection
12-03-2012, 12:01 AM
I love The Wire, but I think Whitlocks obsession with the inner city clouds his judgement on how good the show is. I have to be careful with my opinion as well since I am from st joseph and am surrounded by bald men and meth like in Breaking Bad. I have to make sure my opinion is based in reality.
I'm a white guy from the suburbs with no experience of the inner city hood or with bald men and meth, so I guess that allows me to be objective on this. They're both great, but The Wire is a better show than Breaking Bad.

Demonpenz
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
So you can stop a person faster!!! No matter how you word it, no matter how you say it. ITs the truth. They stop a person FAST faster then any hand, stick or bat or knife.

loaded crossbow would work.

GoChargers
12-03-2012, 12:04 AM
And how do they increase your means of self-defense? Wouldn't it be by making it easier to kill your enemies? That's kind of the obvious effect of them, no?

You do realize that guns can be used to wound or even just intimidate, right? :rolleyes:

Demonpenz
12-03-2012, 12:07 AM
You do realize that guns can be used to wound or even just intimidate, right? :rolleyes:

yeah I nicknamed my glock larry bird, cause it comes out and like says "Yo which one of you is taking second place tonight?"

Raiderhater
12-03-2012, 12:09 AM

Your reading comprehension isn't so great, is it?

There is one problem with your little list.... All of those countries have stricter gun laws than we do. Yet they are as bad or worse in this catagory. You kind of defeated your own argument.

KC_Connection
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Oh, so they don't make it easier to kill people then. I thought that was just common sense, but I guess it's my mistake. Carry on.

Terribilis
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM

This is a historical list of countries by firearm-related death-rate per 100,000 population in one year. It can be resorted (ascending or descending) on any column by clicking on the sort icon at the head of the column.

You have to admit, even after sorting, it's still a classy group columbia, el salvador. We got South Africa in this table!

What's up with data all over the place? some of it is 1998, some of it is 2011. Not saying its wrong, just wtf?