PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Belcher to Pioli, "I Love you bro"

kczoo
12-03-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104868/article/jovan-belcher-reportedly-to-scott-pioli-i-love-you-bro

okoye35chiefs
12-03-2012, 08:45 AM
every time I think I know how I feel about this I read a new article.

In 2 weeks when it is all out there I think it will help people move on...

stonedstooge
12-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I have a hard time believing Fat Scott and his pimping out of himself. Wonder what was really said

durtyrute
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
I have a hard time believing Fat Scott and his pimping out of himself. Wonder what was really said

I was thinking the same thing. He could've said, "it's because of you that this team is so shitty, see you in hell fucko"

Probably not, but we'll never know.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I wonder who Kings source was?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/12/02/week-13/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

But as I reported on NBC Sunday night, a source close to law enforcement on the scene Saturday told me the story had some differences from the one widely reported over the weekend. When Pioli arrived at the Chiefs' complex around 8 a.m., Belcher had just arrived and was out of his car. Pioli got out of his car and noticed that Belcher was in an agitated state, according to my source. As they spoke, Pioli saw Belcher had a gun. Though Belcher was clearly unstable, the source said Pioli didn't feel threatened because Belcher never pointed the gun at him. Belcher and Pioli were alone in the parking lot, a few yards apart, for several minutes.

(The source did not tell me if Pioli knew exactly what Belcher had done before he arrived, but he said clearly Belcher had shot someone and spoke of the police coming for him soon.)

At one point while the two men were alone in the parking lot, the source said, Belcher said to Pioli: "I came here to tell you thank you. Thank you for my chance. I love you, bro.''

The source said Pioli tried to calm Belcher, but had little success. At one point, Belcher asked Pioli, "Can I talk to Romeo and Gary?'' Crennel and Gibbs, he meant.

Pioli took out his cell phone and called Crennel, asking him to get Gibbs and come outside. (Imagine what Pioli had to be thinking here: I'm calling two of my closest coaching friends to come out into an open parking lot with an unstable man with a gun, who apparently has shot someone, and is impervious to any attempt to calm him down. How dangerous is that?)

Within minutes Gibbs and Crennel appeared. They, too, tried to calm Belcher, to no avail. Belcher thanked them for his NFL opportunity, and he began to walk away from them.

"I wasn't able to reach the young man,'' Crennel said softly over the phone from Kansas City Sunday.

Belcher walked a few steps away, put the gun to his head, and pulled the trigger.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I would imagine King's source is Scott Pioli himself.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I wonder who Kings source was?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/12/02/week-13/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

But as I reported on NBC Sunday night, a source close to law enforcement on the scene Saturday told me the story had some differences from the one widely reported over the weekend. When Pioli arrived at the Chiefs' complex around 8 a.m., Belcher had just arrived and was out of his car. Pioli got out of his car and noticed that Belcher was in an agitated state, according to my source. As they spoke, Pioli saw Belcher had a gun. Though Belcher was clearly unstable, the source said Pioli didn't feel threatened because Belcher never pointed the gun at him. Belcher and Pioli were alone in the parking lot, a few yards apart, for several minutes.

(The source did not tell me if Pioli knew exactly what Belcher had done before he arrived, but he said clearly Belcher had shot someone and spoke of the police coming for him soon.)

At one point while the two men were alone in the parking lot, the source said, Belcher said to Pioli: "I came here to tell you thank you. Thank you for my chance. I love you, bro.''

The source said Pioli tried to calm Belcher, but had little success. At one point, Belcher asked Pioli, "Can I talk to Romeo and Gary?'' Crennel and Gibbs, he meant.

Pioli took out his cell phone and called Crennel, asking him to get Gibbs and come outside. (Imagine what Pioli had to be thinking here: I'm calling two of my closest coaching friends to come out into an open parking lot with an unstable man with a gun, who apparently has shot someone, and is impervious to any attempt to calm him down. How dangerous is that?)

Within minutes Gibbs and Crennel appeared. They, too, tried to calm Belcher, to no avail. Belcher thanked them for his NFL opportunity, and he began to walk away from them.

"I wasn't able to reach the young man,'' Crennel said softly over the phone from Kansas City Sunday.

Belcher walked a few steps away, put the gun to his head, and pulled the trigger.

I do think that Scott obviously felt no danger coming from Belcher or why would he call his friends out to a dangerous situation. If this story is true then I think he sounds like a hero in this and am not going to begrudge him that because his job as GM has stunk.

Rasputin
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I didn't realize or didn't see it reported before that Gary Gibbs was also out there with them in the parking lot. Those three men have a heavy burden to carry I feel for them. I pray for healing for them and the team and especially for the little girl and her family.

This is all unprecedented situation & no hand book to deal with it. I think the coaches and even Pioli handled it the best way they could. I don't like Pioli as our GM and have little respect for him as a man, but I don't hold this against him. It could have been any GM that gave Belcher the opportunity to play in the NFL it just happen to be Scott Pioli and that is why Belcher in an unstable state of mind went to Scott Pioli knowingly what he had done and knew he was going to off himself and nothing anyone could do to change that. Belcher is a dead man he took away more than just his own life. He took away peoples lives as they knew it.

Reerun_KC
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Pioli is a fucking genious. He is going to work this into being a sympathy maryter and get the fan support on his side.

3-4 more years of Pioli.

loochy
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I do think that Scott obviously felt no danger coming from Belcher or why would he call his friends out to a dangerous situation. If this story is true then I think he sounds like a hero in this and am not going to begrudge him that because his job as GM has stunk.

How is he a hero? WTF? He tried to do what probably anyone would try to do and talk down Belcher.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Different view: If Belcher wanted to talk to Crennel I have the suspicion that he had the number and could have called himself. Pioli calling to bring the two of them into the situtaion could be that he was simply being a coward and trying to distance himself from it.

I'm not saying this IS the case, but I"ve read a lot of folks talk about how "heroic" Pioli and/or Crennel are and I'm just not seeing it.

In58men
12-03-2012, 09:23 AM
How is he a hero? WTF? He tried to do what probably anyone would try to do and talk down Belcher.

I agree. Calling Romeo out to the parking is in no way of a heroic act lol.

loochy
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
It would have been heroic if somehow Pioli would have intervened BEFORE Belcher murdered his babymama...but this situation was kind of forced on Pioli so he just did what he had to do. He wasn't heroic and he wasn't cowardly.

ROYC75
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
It would have been heroic if somehow Pioli would have intervened BEFORE Belcher murdered his babymama...but this situation was kind of forced on Pioli so he just did what he had to do. He wasn't heroic and he wasn't cowardly.

This!

In58men
12-03-2012, 09:30 AM
It would have been heroic if Pioli did a head dive and was able to snatch the gun outta his hands.

Belcher: "Well fuck there goes my plan".

saphojunkie
12-03-2012, 09:36 AM
You know, I think a lot of people on this board are taking a non-football story and making it about football. Pioli the man is not Pioli the General Manager of the Chiefs, and everyone needs to slow their fucking roll.

Quit tying the need to fire Pioli with this incident. They should have nothing to do with each other, and you just sound like complete shitheads when you do it.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Pioli is a ****ing genious. He is going to work this into being a sympathy maryter and get the fan support on his side.

3-4 more years of Pioli.

Wrong. This goes against Pioli. Not only can he not draft well or pick a QB, but he also signed a murderer to go along with it.

Next banner- FIRE PIOLI--HE SIGNS MURDERERS--SAVEOURCHIEFSANDHUMANCIVILIZATION

siberian khatru
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM

"Kasi left those fucking candy wrappers everywhere, too. EVERYWHERE. I was always picking up that shit around the house. Finally, I said ENOUGH."

-King-
12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Different view: If Belcher wanted to talk to Crennel I have the suspicion that he had the number and could have called himself. Pioli calling to bring the two of them into the situtaion could be that he was simply being a coward and trying to distance himself from it.

Riiiiiiight.

Belcher: can you please get Romeo and Gary?

Pioli: fuck you. You have your own phone. You call them yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM

I'm not saying this IS the case, but I"ve read a lot of folks talk about how "heroic" Pioli and/or Crennel are and I'm just not seeing it.

I don't think they're "heroic", but they could have locked the doors and waited for the police to get there. Would you at least admit they did a lot more than they could have?

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
You know, I think a lot of people on this board are taking a non-football story and making it about football. Pioli the man is not Pioli the General Manager of the Chiefs, and everyone needs to slow their fucking roll.

Quit tying the need to fire Pioli with this incident. They should have nothing to do with each other, and you just sound like complete shitheads when you do it.

If it weren't for football, nobody would give a !@#$ about a random hot-head offing himself.

It is absolutely a football story because only through football is it a story at all.

People are trying to avoid discussing this in terms of what it means to our football team and I just don't understand why. The only reason we care at all is because of our football team. I have no problem at all with folks that ask if this will save Pioli's job or if it means we'll pursue Te'o now to replace Belcher. If not, how do we replace Belcher next season?

It's relevant to what we're all here to discuss.

And yeah, given Pioli's history as a callous shitheel and soulless self-promoter, I don't mind the 'how do we know he isn't making this up' line of thought either.

You don't get to spend 4 years being a cockholster to everyone and then be surprised when people aren't dying to throw sympathy your way.

stevieray
12-03-2012, 09:57 AM
You know, I think a lot of people on this board are taking a non-football story and making it about football. Pioli the man is not Pioli the General Manager of the Chiefs, and everyone needs to slow their ****ing roll.

^^^^^^^

loochy
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
If it weren't for football, nobody would give a !@#$ about a random hot-head offing himself.

It is absolutely a football story because only through football is it a story at all.

People are trying to avoid discussing this in terms of what it means to our football team and I just don't understand why. The only reason we care at all is because of our football team. I have no problem at all with folks that ask if this will save Pioli's job or if it means we'll pursue Te'o now to replace Belcher. If not, how do we replace Belcher next season?

And yeah, given Pioli's history as a callous shitheel and soulless self-promoter, I don't mind the 'how do we know he isn't making this up' line of thought either.

You don't get to spend 4 years being a cockholster to everyone and then be surprised when people aren't dying to throw sympathy your way.

good post

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I don't think they're "heroic", but they could have locked the doors and waited for the police to get there. Would you at least admit they did a lot more than they could have?

If my assumption is correct in that he tried to talk him "off the ledge" then I think any rational person would do the same thing....no more, no less.

Brock
12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
If my assumption is correct in that he tried to talk him "off the ledge" then I think any rational person would do the same thing....no more, no less.

No, a lot of rational people wouldn't go outside to talk to an unstable man with a gun. most, probably.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
No, a lot of rational people wouldn't go outside to talk to an unstable man with a gun. most, probably.

Was Pioli already outside when Belcher arrived?

Brock
12-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Was Pioli already outside when Belcher arrived?

I don't know. Does it matter?

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 10:08 AM

And anyone doing so is a hero in my book. They are putting aside their personal safety to try to intervene in something that they are likely ill equipped to handle.

Obviously Pioli didn't feel Belcher was dangerous if he called out Crennel and the other coach. But he also did what he could to try to help Belcher. He easily could have called his voice mail to pretended to talk to Crennel and waited for the police to arrive.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't know. Does it matter?

In order to answer your question absolutely. He didn't GO outside, he was already there. HE called the other people out there.

Again, I'm not trying to vilify Pioli in this, but I don't believe he did anything above and beyond what any normal person would do.

BossChief
12-03-2012, 10:11 AM
That story sounds made up. Sorry

Brock
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
In order to answer your question absolutely. He didn't GO outside, he was already there. HE called the other people out there.

Again, I'm not trying to vilify Pioli in this, but I don't believe he did anything above and beyond what any normal person would do.

My understanding is that the Chiefs were warned that he was on his way there, that he may have had a gun, and that he had possibly committed some type of violent crime. If Pioli was outside waiting for him, that makes it more impressive (or maybe foolhardy) in my opinion.

You keep saying any normal person would do that, and that simply isn't true.

mikey23545
12-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Pioli is a ****ing genious. He is going to work this into being a sympathy maryter and get the fan support on his side.

Or maybe you're just looking at this through the sick, twisted lens of your own mind.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
My understanding is that the Chiefs were warned that he was on his way there, that he may have had a gun, and that he had possibly committed some type of violent crime. If Pioli was outside waiting for him, that makes it more impressive (or maybe foolhardy) in my opinion.

You keep saying any normal person would do that, and that simply isn't true.

Agreed.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
My understanding was that Pioli was outside when he arrived. NOt that he neccessarily planned to meet him there knowing he was armed and what he had done.

If what I believe is the case, then yes, any normal person would try to talk him down.

Rasputin
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
We could have had a different GM in place and the environment could have been much better for the organization. Scott Pioli just happen to be the GM and is who he is. I don't know if this is going change him in his approach but I don't think he deserves this job. Pioli has scarred the fan base and that is separate from this weekends actions of Bitchler. I don't blame Pioli for what Bitchler did or what ever his reaction was to the situation. I'm still not going like Scott Pioli as our GM and want him fired today. I can wait it out till the end of the season and will support the team for healing of their hearts with prayer.

Romeo Crennel did an admirable job this weekend. I like him as a person and a man. I wish him the best of life. I can't say I want him back next year, but I'm not going be upset if he is just depends on our next GM and if we get a QBoft with our first pick of the draft.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
My understanding was that Pioli was outside when he arrived. NOt that he neccessarily planned to meet him there knowing he was armed and what he had done.

If what I believe is the case, then yes, any normal person would try to talk him down.

You cannot discount the level of love and integrity these men have in trying to reach out to a distraught man with a gun. Pioli chose to comply with Belcher's request to call Crennel out to try to assist. And Crennel went. It seems they were doing everything they could to try to help Belcher not make two mistakes. Maybe further facts will show us something else but based on this story as it's being told I think they deserve our respect for trying to help in a situation few of us are trained to handle. Or, in Crennel's case, willingly walk into.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Honestly, I couldn't possibly care less what YOU think. There are many people on here for whom I have great respect. You are not one of those.

saphojunkie
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Yes and no.

The reason we know/care about this is because it happened to someone who plays professional football in Kansas City, sure.

And it will affect the team (obviously. See: victory, yesterday). However, the turning of these events into a "Pioli won't get fired now" or "CHunt doesn't have the stones to can Crennel after this" is both pathetic and callous. It's a grotesque distortion ofa terrible tragedy, spinning it into a realm that people feel comfortable talking about.

I am confident that the victim's mother doesn't give a hot shit whether or not this extends Brian Daboll's contract.

This doesn't have nearly enough of a football impact to justify the way people are discussing it.

SAUTO
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

i took it this way too.

i took it like they both arrived right around the same time, hell an article posted here said exactly that. and pioli saw he was distraught and started talking to him and a security guard saw the gun and called police

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Honestly, I couldn't possibly care less what YOU think. There are many people on here for whom I have great respect. You are not one of those.

Ditto.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes and no.

The reason we know/care about this is because it happened to someone who plays professional football in Kansas City, sure.

And it will affect the team (obviously. See: victory, yesterday). However, the turning of these events into a "Pioli won't get fired now" or "CHunt doesn't have the stones to can Crennel after this" is both pathetic and callous. It's a grotesque distortion ofa terrible tragedy, spinning it into a realm that people feel comfortable talking about.

I am confident that the victim's mother doesn't give a hot shit whether or not this extends Brian Daboll's contract.

This doesn't have nearly enough of a football impact to justify the way people are discussing it.

Are you the victim's mother? Is anyone on this board? Who gives a wet fart what they think about our discussion of Dabol's contract? They're not here, they're handling this in a context well apart from a dumbass internet chat room.

You said the operative phrase here and it's all that really matters in the context of what happens on this board - "spinning it into a realm that people feel comfortable talking about".

And why the fuck shouldn't they? Everyone, literally every single person on this board, is here to talk Chiefs football. And none of us are here for community service or as a calling from God. We're here as an escape from life and as a place to dick around, make fart jokes and talk about sports, tits and whatever else floats our boat.

It's the virtual equivalent of a dive bar, but with nicer accoutrements.

Why exactly do you want us to sit around and wax poetic about the philosophical underpinnings of a murder/suicide?

Do that with your family. Do that with your pastor. Do that with your co-workers if need be. But that's not why this board exists.

But by all means, keep judging because Chiefsplanet, complete with poop threads and intentionally incorrect grammar, hasn't turned into your grandmother's sewing circle over the last 48 hours. I assure you, it is neither grating or preachy and we all really do appreciate the perspective you're here to force feed us.

Old Dog
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
i took it this way too.

i took it like they both arrived right around the same time, hell an article posted here said exactly that. and pioli saw he was distraught and started talking to him and a security guard saw the gun and called police

That's what I've read as well. So I ask, what ELSE would folks do in this situation other than to try to talk to him? Running away or rushing him neither sound like better options. The best idea is to try to keep the situation as calm as possible.
I'm not saying Pioli did anything wrong, only that he's not a hero in my eyes for the actions they did take.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Both of them.

Within sights.

Right there.

This really IS the team of missed opportunities.

SAUTO
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
That's what I've read as well. So I ask, what ELSE would folks do in this situation other than to try to talk to him? Running away or rushing him neither sound like better options. The best idea is to try to keep the situation as calm as possible.
I'm not saying Pioli did anything wrong, only that he's not a hero in my eyes for the actions they did take.

Crennel: “I wasn’t able to reach the young man”
Posted by Mike Florio on December 2, 2012, 7:42 PM EST

To cap an emotional and informative opening segment to Football Night in America, Peter King of Sports Illustrated supplied some new details regarding Saturday’s tragic events in Kansas City.

Citing a source close to law enforcement on the scene, King explained that Jovan Belcher and Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli separately arrived at the parking lot outside the team’s facility, at approximately 8:00 a.m. local time. Pioli noticed that Belcher seemed very upset. Police say Pioli tried to calm him down.

At the same time, a Chiefs security officer saw that Belcher had a gun in his possession. The security officer called police.

During a short conversation, Belcher thanked Pioli for giving him an opportunity as an undrafted free agent from Maine in 2009. Belcher then asked Pioli to call coach Romeo Crennel and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs so that he could thank them, too.

Crennel and Gibbs came outside, and Belcher thanked them profusely. He wasn’t willing to talk to them or to be reasoned with. Instead, he repeatedly thanked them.

“I wasn’t able able to reach the young man,” Crennel told King after the game, but Crennel declined to be specific about what Belcher had said.

Belcher then turned around, began to walk away and shot himself in the head.
Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM

This.

Pioli should be commended for trying to save the kid's life. He should be consoled for having to witness what he witnessed.

But calling him a "hero" seems a bit hyperbolic.

jspchief
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
You know, I think a lot of people on this board are taking a non-football story and making it about football. Pioli the man is not Pioli the General Manager of the Chiefs, and everyone needs to slow their ****ing roll.

Quit tying the need to fire Pioli with this incident. They should have nothing to do with each other, and you just sound like complete shitheads when you do it.Agree completely. rep

bevischief
12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
This is sad.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Agree completely. rep

While I agree that this is separate from football, the fact that Pioli and Romeo witnessed this first-hand is ABSOLUTELY going to factor into the decision of whether or not to fire them.

Because firing someone is also about LIFE, as much as it is about football.

GloryDayz
12-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Rep... :clap:

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
While I agree that this is separate from football, the fact that Pioli and Romeo witnessed this first-hand is ABSOLUTELY going to factor into the decision of whether or not to fire them.

Because firing someone is also about LIFE, as much as it is about football.

I think they might want out after seeing something like that. I also think it provides a great out for all. Something like 'in order to move forward AND HEAL after a season mired in adversity and tragedy, a change is in order.'

It's not like either Pioli or Crennel felt loved and appreciated by anyone outside of One Arrowhead Drive. I think this could be the final straw in them wanting to get the f*** outta dodge.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I think they might want out after seeing something like that. I also think it provides a great out for all. Something like 'in order to move forward AND HEAL after a season mired in adversity and tragedy, a change is in order.'

It's not like either Pioli or Crennel felt loved and appreciated by anyone outside of One Arrowhead Drive. I think this could be the final straw in them wanting to get the f*** outta dodge.

That's the way I see it.

If they are gone, it will be because they opted to step away from the game.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
That's the way I see it.

If they are gone, it will be because they opted to step away from the game.

Me too. I also see Clark negotiating some sort of settlement that allows them to resign but not lose their remaining contract. I'm good with that.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Me too. I also see Clark negotiating some sort of settlement that allows them to resign but not lose their remaining contract. I'm good with that.

I don't really care, as long as they are gone. It's Clark's money, not mine.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2012, 11:39 AM

I agree 100% with this post.

Bob Dole
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM
i took it this way too.

Peter King's MMQB has a fairly detailed sequence. According to his report, Pioli arrived to see an aggitated Belcher. He approached Belcher and they spoke, and Belcher requested to talk to RAC and Gibbs. Pioli called them and they came outside.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Pioli's act as a man should have no bearing on what he's accomplished as a general manager. I understand people asking, but the answer should be the same as it was on Friday of last week. Performance in the position.

The Franchise
12-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I still think that Romeo steps down and retires after this season. This season had taken a lot out of him before this happened. Now that he's had to deal with this....I think he's done.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Pioli's act as a man should have no bearing on what he's accomplished as a general manager. I understand people asking, but the answer should be the same as it was on Friday of last week. Performance in the position.

I agree he should go. However, I think some of the personal venom and derision towards him needs to back off....in a big way.

notorious
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I still think that Romeo steps down and retires after this season. This season had taken a lot out of him before this happened. Now that he's had to deal with this....I think he's done.

No kidding.

It's hard to hate on Crennel. He is who he is.

Pioli made the mistake of hiring him for HC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2012, 11:48 AM
You know what? Fuck Pioli the man and Cassel the man and Crennel the fucking man too.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
No kidding.

It's hard to hate on Crennel. He is who he is.

Pioli made the mistake of hiring him for HC.

You can see it on his face. He's gone from smiley teddy to sad sack teddy. I can't help but wonder what another sad sack from the Patriot system coach, Charlie Weis, thinks about all of this.

Raiderhater
12-03-2012, 11:49 AM
This.

Pioli should be commended for trying to save the kid's life. He should be consoled for having to witness what he witnessed.

But calling him a "hero" seems a bit hyperbolic.

I am not going on the attack here, just throwing something out about this that has kind of struck me. In King's article he mentions the conflict that must have been running through Scott when asked to call RAC and Gibbs out side considering the situation. Would it have not been better to try and make a trade with Belcher, the gun for the chance to see those two? Instead of bringing them into that hairy situation?

And maybe he tried that, we don't know and may never know. But I certainly would not be too quick to anoint Piloi as a hero in the situation.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I am not going on the attack here, just throwing something out about this that has kind of struck me. In King's article he mentions the conflict that must have been running through Scott when asked to call RAC and Gibbs out side considering the situation. Would it have not been better to try and make a trade with Belcher, the gun for the chance to see those two? Instead of bringing them into that hairy situation?

And maybe he tried that, we don't know and may never know. But I certainly would not be too quick to anoint Piloi as a hero in the situation.

Were you there? How do you know that Pioli didn't say, "I will call him and then you put down the gun.' Only to have Belcher refuse.

notorious
12-03-2012, 11:52 AM
I will never judge a person that was put in Pioli's situation.

Raiderhater
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Were you there? How do you know that Pioli didn't say, "I will call him and then you put down the gun.' Only to have Belcher refuse.

JFC! Read the entire f#cking post you illiterate twat. And then go throw yourself off the nearest tall bridge.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
JFC! Read the entire f#cking post you illiterate twat. And then go throw yourself off the nearest tall bridge.

The reason I ask is that Pioli is a negotiator for a living and while I don't think he's properly trained to handle a situation like this, I do think his skills as a negotiator could have been useful for him.

Easy 6
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
I will never judge a person that was put in Pioli's situation.

bevischief
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't really care, as long as they are gone. It's Clark's money, not mine.

This.

Raiderhater
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
The reason I ask is that Pioli is a negotiator for a living and while I don't think he's properly trained to handle a situation like this, I do think his skills as a negotiator could have been useful for him.
The reason you asked is because you are f#cking moron. I addressed the possibility that he did perhaps try. DIAF already.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM

And it is. At least it is for you and I.

Meanwhile, Clark Hunt isn't you or I. He's a person that cut his teeth watching his dad let this team languish out of sheer loyalty. He's someone that was so opposed to major change that he needed to be pushed to axe Herm. He's clearly cautious to a fault.

Why isn't it fair to wonder whether or not the events of the last week have changed his mind? Not yours, not mine, but Clark Hunts? Because that's what we're discussing here and that's absolutely a viable question given what we know about Clark Hunt.

And yeah, that ultimately matters to me more than anything else to come out of this. Anyone that claims otherwise is full of shit. They're Chiefs fans and unless they light candles for every murder in KC, they only care about this particular murder because they're Chiefs fans. So to ask legitimate questions about the events impact on the Chiefs is wholly logical and perfectly sensible.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
The reason you asked is because you are f#cking moron. I addressed the possibility that he did perhaps try. DIAF already.

This.

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Meanwhile, Clark Hunt isn't you or I. He's a person that cut his teeth watching his dad let this team languish out of sheer loyalty. He's someone that was so opposed to major change that he needed to be pushed to axe Herm. He's clearly cautious to a fault.

Why isn't it fair to wonder whether or not the events of the last week have changed his mind? Not yours, not mine, but Clark Hunts? Because that's what we're discussing here and that's absolutely a viable question given what we know about Clark Hunt.

And yeah, that ultimately matters to me more than anything else to come out of this. Anyone that claims otherwise is full of shit. They're Chiefs fans and unless they light candles for every murder in KC, they only care about this particular murder because they're Chiefs fans. So to ask legitimate questions about the events impact on the Chiefs is wholly logical and perfectly sensible.

The perfect scenario is that Clark decides it's not worth his precious time away from golf and hookers and decides to put the team up for sale to other local owners and takes Romeo and Pioli with him on the way out.

keg in kc
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Even I'm not cynical enough to think that Pioli is trying to spin this into positive PR. Christ. There's no real reason to think he isn't telling the truth.

htismaqe
12-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Good post.

Rasputin
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM

Even the best trained and experienced negotiators for this kind of situation may not have had any different outcome. Pioli negotiates contracts not if one should blow his head off or not. Pioli just happens to be the GM that negotiated Bitchlers contract & gave him the opportunity. That is all Pioli has done for him to put himself in that spot at that time. Bitchler took the opportunity to play in the NFL & if he hadn't done that then he could have still ended up killing someone as the person he became. A killer and a coward. The situation is just fucked up. I feel bad for Pioli and Crennel and Gibbs to have to see him pull the trigger.

I feel worse for the grandmother & daughter of the woman he shot. They are the real heros that they have had the most loss of their lives taken away & they have to deal with it.

SAUTO
12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
The perfect scenario is that Clark decides it's not worth his precious time away from golf and hookers and decides to put the team up for sale to other local owners and takes Romeo and Pioli with him on the way out.

fuck you

BoneKrusher
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM

yeah i agree.
he probably looked at Scott and Romeo and said to hell with it all, lets do it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
fuck you

Now wait a minute. That's the first halfway smart thing to come out of her mulch-munching mouth!

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Now wait a minute. That's the first halfway smart thing to come out of her mulch-munching mouth!

ROFLROFLROFL

stonedstooge
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
So Pioli the man, who has shunned, scorned and shown hostility towards the fan base and run the Cheaps like a dictator now reaches out to us for compassion and understanding because of what he had to go through?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
So Pioli the man, who has shunned, scorned and shown hostility towards the fan base and run the Cheaps like a dictator now reaches out to us for compassion and understanding because of what he had to go through?

I know. Isn't it beautiful?

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM

I don't think he's actually said that publicly. Do you have a link?

For me, seeing someone he cares about shoot themselves in the head trumps being ineffective at his job. That doesn't mean he should keep his job or that he gets a pass. It just means that he may not be the monster he's been portrayed here.

GoChargers
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I feel bad for Pioli. This season, he's had to watch the team he built fail in all phases of the game, deal with nonstop (albeit well-deserved) calls for his firing, and if that wasn't stressful enough, now he has to live with this memory for the rest of his days.

Don't get me wrong, if I were a Chiefs fan, I'd still want him fired, but the man deserves SOME sympathy here.

Titty Meat
12-03-2012, 01:47 PM

No way he walks away from 9 million.

rico
12-03-2012, 01:58 PM
every time I think I know how I feel about this I read a new article.

In 2 weeks when it is all out there I think it will help people move on...

Haha, dude...your avatar. It's....it's.....it's FANTASTIC!

memyselfI
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
I feel bad for Pioli. This season, he's had to watch the team he built fail in all phases of the game, deal with nonstop (albeit well-deserved) calls for his firing, and if that wasn't stressful enough, now he has to live with this memory for the rest of his days.

Don't get me wrong, if I were a Chiefs fan, I'd still want him fired, but the man deserves SOME sympathy here.

He's getting some. Just not much around these parts...

hometeam
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Nationally people will eat this up. Locally nobody will believe it.

Psyko Tek
12-03-2012, 08:09 PM

you are not thinking the patriot way

the are not friends they are employees, and as such expendable

so the purpose was more targets