PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quinn has best "Total QBR" for Chiefs in past five seasons

DaFace
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
This is ESPN's weirdo "Total QBR" rather than the regular QBR, but still.

Brady Quinn's big day lifts Chiefs
December, 3, 2012

As a reminder, Total QBR is a quarterback rating that takes into account all of a QB’s significant contributions (passing, rushing, sacks, fumbles, penalties) to his team’s scoring and winning and summarizes them into one number on a 0-100 scale, where 50 is average.

Brady Quinn's 97.6 Total QBR in Sunday’s win over the Carolina Panthers was the highest by a Kansas City Chiefs quarterback in a single game in the past five seasons. He was 8-of-9 on 3rd down and 6-of-7 for 132 yards on passes traveling at least 15 yards beyond the line-of-scrimmage.

Matt Cassel has yet to have a game with six completions of 15 yards-or-more downfield this season.

One of the biggest plays for Quinn was his touchdown pass to Tony Moeaki on 4th-and-1 with two seconds remaining in the first half. According to ESPN’s win probability model, that completion increased the Chiefs’ chances of winning from 46.2 percent before the play to 64.4 percent following the score.

Quinn’s 97.6 Total QBR was also his career high as a starter; he never previously had a single-game QBR above 80 as a starter and hadn't had a start above 60 since Week 15 of 2009.

BossChief
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
31st ranked defense.

StcChief
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Great win after the weekend tragedy. Maybe they can turn the corner. They are better than the record. They played all 4 quarters.

bobbything
12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Circus offense.

scho63
12-03-2012, 10:31 AM
He does throw a real nice ball and the opening drive was one of the best overall drives the Chiefs have had in years. Well executed and a great blend of run-pass plays that were not so predictable. If only they could do this against the good teams......

Jimmy the Greek
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Quinn looked awesome yesterday I'm not going to get to excited yet but was nice to see a good game from my seat at arrowhead

DJ's left nut
12-03-2012, 10:39 AM
31st ranked defense.

It's true, the Panthers suck.

But credit where it's due - Quinn played a great football game and Cassel wouldn't have in those situations. Quinn made at least 3 plays I can recall where he either eluded the rush and kept his eyes downfield for the completion, or just flat stood in in the face of the rush and finished the throw.

Cassel would've pants-shitted both of those.

Quinn's not the answer as a starter next year, to be sure. He has, however, earned a backup role and we would be better off than most teams in football at the backup QB position. We could then ask our first round QB to come in and earn the position, which is always the ideal way of doing that sort of thing.

And if nothing else, even a credible performance (i.e. gimme 20th best QB in the league) allows us a chance to evaluate guys like Baldwin and the young O-linemen that we wouldn't have had with completely ineffective QB play.

Quinn wasn't going against the steel curtain out there, but he did everything he could do yesterday. He played a great football game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I hate everything Peeholi/Kennel.

Rasputin
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Great win after the weekend tragedy. Maybe they can turn the corner. They are better than the record. They played all 4 quarters.

They are not better than their record OR they would have a better record. They are Weezer of football.

See what I did their Lumpy? Heh Heh Heh.

Dayze
12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
To the ship?

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww315/OldePharte_photos/OldePharte/Weberacin.jpg

Rain Man
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Quinn played a very good game, that's for sure. It was nice to see.

Legal disclaimer: the above comment in no way negates my desire to draft a first-round quarterback next year, and is not a global statement proclaiming Quinn to be a franchise quarterback, a long-term starter, or even a good quarterback. The statement reflects upon Mr. Quinn's performance in the Dec. 2nd, 2012, game against the Panthers, and does not make projections about future performance.

BlackHelicopters
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
We beat Carolina. hooray.

Gravedigger
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Quinn was Cassel 2 years ago. He managed the game, relied on the run game, didn't have crazy passing stats, no turnovers, it's playoff football but it's not superbowl football. It's fools gold. We would get behind him if he did this for the rest of the year, some would curse him for ruining our draft stock, some would praise him for rebounding his career, I would probably be on the latter. I don't want to lose out on Geno Smith but honestly, if the Chiefs wanted Geno, they wouldn't have to give up much to get from 3 to 1 or whatever the pick would be. The doubt of the fans though want the Chiefs to be locked into that pick to where they can't escape it. I think what'll happen will happen and we can't control anything, I just want April to get here so we can see what will come about.

petegz28
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Quinn looked good. I am all for keeping him on as a backup. Now if he goes out the next 4 games and just apeshits the place we may have to consider on a serious note what we may have in him. Other than that, he is a backup and perhaps at best a stop gap while we develop a drafted QB.

All that being said, I think we would have won several more games this year had Quinn been the starter out of the gate.

rabblerouser
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
It's true, the Panthers suck.

But credit where it's due - Quinn played a great football game and Cassel wouldn't have in those situations. Quinn made at least 3 plays I can recall where he either eluded the rush and kept his eyes downfield for the completion, or just flat stood in in the face of the rush and finished the throw.

Cassel would've pants-shitted both of those.

Quinn's not the answer as a starter next year, to be sure. He has, however, earned a backup role and we would be better off than most teams in football at the backup QB position. We could then ask our first round QB to come in and earn the position, which is always the ideal way of doing that sort of thing.

And if nothing else, even a credible performance (i.e. gimme 20th best QB in the league) allows us a chance to evaluate guys like Baldwin and the young O-linemen that we wouldn't have had with completely ineffective QB play.

Quinn wasn't going against the steel curtain out there, but he did everything he could do yesterday. He played a great football game.

^this is all truth.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
The thing that has me happy about yesterday more than anything:

It ensures we will never have to see Cassell at QB again, barring any injury.

The rest of the season is Quinn's to finish.

okoye35chiefs
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
crazy to think Quinn is returning to Cleveland this weekend..

both teams suffering suicides at their stadiums on Saturday...

Belcher of course here at Arrowhead a player and for them a worker Eric Eucker who hung himself in the equipment shed

Wow!

TLO
11-05-2014, 08:42 AM
How much stock do you put into the Total QBR system? I thought about starting a new thread -- but nah.

rico
11-05-2014, 09:03 AM
crazy to think Quinn is returning to Cleveland this weekend..

both teams suffering suicides at their stadiums on Saturday...

Belcher of course here at Arrowhead a player and for them a worker Eric Eucker who hung himself in the equipment shed

Wow!

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/img/t/o/Tom_Anderson_2.jpg

I never heard about that guy who hung himself in the tool shed. I wonder if he was doin' one of those erotica-asphyxiation wackins' in the tool shed.

TLO
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM

I never heard about that guy who hung himself in the tool shed. I wonder if he was doin' one of those erotica-asphyxiation wackins' in the tool shed.

Lmao

Mav
11-05-2014, 09:55 AM
How much stock do you put into the Total QBR system? I thought about starting a new thread -- but nah.
At the end of the day, winning is the only stat that matters

rico
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
At the end of the day, winning is the only stat that matters

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1374450290_charlie-sheen-winning.png

You are right. Charlie Sheen is the only thing that matters.

Mav
11-05-2014, 10:12 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1374450290_charlie-sheen-winning.png

You are right. Charlie Sheen is the only thing that matters.
Rico! How you been brother

rico
11-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Rico! How you been brother

Busy, dude. Up, down, all-around. Hope things are good your way.

Mav
11-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Busy, dude. Up, down, all-around. Hope things are good your way.
Getting better. Been trying with the new born.

rabblerouser
11-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Well played.