PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs New York Post NFL writer on Clark - "Didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around."

Pages : [1] 2

|Zach|
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
http://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

Bart Hubbuch
‏@HubbuchNYP

BTW, after interviewing Clark Hunt last weekend, I can now understand why the Chiefs are a mess. Nepotism isn’t necessarily a good thing.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

@ArrowheadPride He just didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around. Seems kind of overmatched.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Whatever. Dumbasses don't graduate from SMU as valedictorians.

Hunt isn't a silver-tongued fast-talking jive ass playa like so many of these owners...so naturally he's gonna come off different.

Jackass.

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Dumbasses don't graduate from SMU as valedictorians.

Are you sure?

Cannibal
12-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd have to have more details than some dillweed saying Hunt didn't seem "smart".

ForeverChiefs58
12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
sounds like a really good journalist

Hammock Parties
Are you sure?

I bet there isn't a SINGLE valedictorian from a private school on this site.

NOT EVEN DANE.

BlackHelicopters

Hunt isn't a silver-tongued fast-talking jive ass playa like so many of these owners...so naturally he's gonna come off different.

Jackass.

Clark has nice hair though. he could be a Senator with that hair. Reminds me of Trent Lott.

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd have to have more details than some dillweed saying Hunt didn't seem "smart".

Well if he retains Pioli and Crennel for next year I think we will have all the proof we need.

FAX
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Now the media are declaring Clark to be a dumbass.

How low can we go?

Next thing you know, we're going to change our uniforms and wear bib overalls and beanie caps.

The beanie caps might not be a bad idea, though. The propeller thing might give our wide receivers an additional inch or two of vertical leap.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
It would be nice to see the proof he is talking about in his twitter rant.

Cannibal
12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Well if he retains Pioli and Crennel for next year I think we will have all the proof we need.

The house will be cleaned.

You people are just far too impatient.

bevischief
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM

This.

siberian khatru
Pioli: What are you gonna do, fire me? [bounces basketball off back of Clark's head] Huh, tough guy? [bounce] Soccer boy! [bounce] Let's see you cry. [bounce] C'mon, squirt a few tears. [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce]

suds79

Hard to argue with this.

We all should have our answer soon enough.

bobinkc
The house will be cleaned.

You people are just far too impatient.

Over 40 years since the last Super Bowl appearance....I think we are too patient.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Clark is too nice. To everybody.

That can easily be interpreted as being dumb.

Especially if the interpreter is dumb.

And this guy Bart Hubbuch looks like a total dumbass.

http://user.photos.s3.amazonaws.com/user_119322.jpg

philfree
It would be nice to see the proof he is talking about in his twitter rant.

This.

FAX
Probably the Archie comics on his desk that gave him away.

FAX

bevischief
How many threads are we going to see about this topic today?

siberian khatru
12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Hubbuch used to work at the Star. KU grad.

|Zach|
How many threads are we going to see about this topic today?

Deal with it.

Chiefnj2
New York Post.

Enough said. Hours after the murder/suicide Clark is supposed to open up to some reporter from the Post.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
http://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP

Bart Hubbuch
‏@HubbuchNYP

BTW, after interviewing Clark Hunt last weekend, I can now understand why the Chiefs are a mess. Nepotism isn’t necessarily a good thing.

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP

@ArrowheadPride He just didn’t strike me as the sharpest guy around. Seems kind of overmatched.

Agreed. I play tennis with a guy whos the Hunts family doctor. He told me 3 years ago. /Dane

Cannibal
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Agreed. I play tennis with a guy whos the Hunts family doctor. He told me 3 years ago. /Dane

These references crack me up.

gblowfish
12-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Clark Hunt may be a lot of things, but dumb is not one of them. You don't graduate first in your class from a school like SMU if you're dim.

philfree
So he did an interview with Clark? Where's the article? And I have to question this guy becuase after he was allowed an interview with Clark he proceeded to throw him under the bus with his twits.

WV

LMAO

Bowser
12-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Pioli: What are you gonna do, fire me? [bounces basketball off back of Clark's head] Huh, tough guy? [bounce] Soccer boy! [bounce] Let's see you cry. [bounce] C'mon, squirt a few tears. [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce] One, two, three -- cry [bounce]

LMAO

Imon Yourside
12-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Over 40 years since the last Super Bowl appearance....I think we are too patient.

Nah if you are truly patient you will wait until you are dead to see the supa-bowl victory. It's truly one for the ages.

Imon Yourside
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Dudes name is Bart, how many smart Barts are there? I apologize in advance if your name happens to be bart or Bartholomew.

wazu
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Clark is too nice. To everybody.

That can easily be interpreted as being dumb.

Especially if the interpreter is dumb.

And this guy Bart Hubbuch looks like a total dumbass.

Clark also has a measured, deliberate way of speaking, sometimes monotone. He isn't some charismatic alpha-dog. But having heard him interviewed I never once thought he seemed unintelligent. In fact I think he has a matter-of-fact directness that, because of his subtle demeanor, flies under the radar a lot of the time.

notorious
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Facts:

1. Chiefs are a laughing stock
2. Crennel was hired after being a colossel failure in Cleveland
3. Pioli is still here

So far, the NY Post writer is spot on. On a side note, we all know that there is a huge difference between book smarts and applied intelligence.

Bowser
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
General Streck, German High Command: I'm afraid you leave me no alternative but to introduce you to two of my associates.
[a bald henchman comes forward]

General Streck, German High Command: Bruno is almost blind, has to operate wholly by touch.
[Cut to a blank-faced second man]

General Streck, German High Command: Klaus is a moron who knows only what he reads in the New York Post.
[Klaus is shown holding a copy of New York Post with the headline 'Maniac stalks Olivia Newton-John']

siberian khatru
12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
General Streck, German High Command: I'm afraid you leave me no alternative but to introduce you to two of my associates.
[a bald henchman comes forward]

General Streck, German High Command: Bruno is almost blind, has to operate wholly by touch.
[Cut to a blank-faced second man]

General Streck, German High Command: Klaus is a moron who knows only what he reads in the New York Post.
[Klaus is shown holding a copy of New York Post with the headline 'Maniac stalks Olivia Newton-John']

I know that movie!

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Clark also has a measured, deliberate way of speaking, sometimes monotone. He isn't some charismatic alpha-dog. But having heard him interviewed I never once thought he seemed unintelligent. In fact I think he has a matter-of-fact directness that, because of his subtle demeanor, flies under the radar a lot of the time.

Clark is clearly an introvert.

A lot of times that can be mistaken for a lack of intelligence.

It's complete bullshit.

HonestChieffan
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM

From the New York Post.....Journalism is a degree program that is generally difficult. Well maybe not.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM

It's complete bullshit.

So it can be mistaken for lack of intelligence but also is complete bullshit that this guy did that?

For the record I have never even heard of this guy before. IDK if he is new at the Post or something. Someone said he used to write for the Star.

oldandslow
12-04-2012, 01:14 PM

NOT EVEN DANE.

You would be wrong.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Home school doesn't count as private school.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Exactly.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Da fuck.

Since when is SMU Harvard? And “sharp” doesn’t just mean booksmarts.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh my god.

Whose dad was from a billionaire oil family! Coincidence?

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Da ****.

ROFL

I wonder if people realize what SMU's academic standards are?

fan4ever
12-04-2012, 02:05 PM

Jackass.

I was valedictorian, captain of my football, basketball and baseball teams and homecoming king.

Of course, I was home schooled.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
ROFL

SMU is a damn good school especially in business.

PunkinDrublic
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
ROFL

I live right by SMU. It's pretty much known as Highland Park community college. Basically it's for rich kids who couldn't get into a more prestigous school. With that being said, being valedictorian at any University is impressive

Jenson71
12-04-2012, 02:10 PM
That was really rude of him.

Hammock Parties
Even if you think SMU is a bullshit school (which it ISN'T), he was a an analyst at GOLDMAN SACHS. They don't hire mouth breathers. This isn't the firm from "AMERICAN PSYCHO." Clark didn't sit around listening to his goddamn walkman and filling in crossword puzzles.

Baby Lee

Funny thing is, I can picture BOTH Pioli as Dr. Evil [duh] AND Clark as Seth Green.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I live right by SMU. It's pretty much known as Highland Park community college. Basically it's for rich kids who couldn't get into a more prestigous school. With that being said, being valedictorian at any University is impressive

It's not Stanford or Ivy League, for sure.

It's not a "state school" either.

keg in kc
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM
In my experience it's never wise to try and gauge someone's intelligence based on how they come across in a conversation. Intelligence and communication skills don't always go hand-in-hand.

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 02:16 PM

There's a reason why they call SMU the Harvard of the South, and it's not because of their ultra liberal educational agenda.

gblowfish
12-04-2012, 02:16 PM

I'm sure Clark went to school there because he's a legacy, and his daddy was a major booster.

RealSNR
12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Laughing at the guys who probably scrape shit for a living saying just because Clark was a valedictorian at SMU doesn't mean he's smart.

Just because you're not book smart doesn't mean YOUR version of smart is equal to book smart. It's not. Not even close.

Jenson71
12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
There's a reason why they call SMU the Harvard of the South, and it's not because of their ultra liberal educational agenda.

There's a reason Harvard doesn't call itself the "SMU of the North."

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm sure Clark went to school there because he's a legacy, and his daddy was a major booster.

I am sure he was ACCEPTED there because of those 2 things, yes.

But neither of those things factored into him graduating FIRST in his class.

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Even if you think SMU is a bullshit school (which it ISN'T), he was a an analyst at GOLDMAN SACHS. They don't hire mouth breathers. This isn't the firm from "AMERICAN PSYCHO." Clark didn't sit around listening to his goddamn walkman and filling in crossword puzzles.

Holy shit. Saying someone is "smart" just because they were an analyst at Goldman Sachs. That is some funny shit right there.

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Laughing at the guys who probably scrape shit for a living saying just because Clark was a valedictorian at SMU doesn't mean he's smart.

Just because you're not book smart doesn't mean YOUR version of smart is equal to book smart. It's not. Not even close.

Agreed

Valedictorian is NOT an award you can buy, it's meritorious. I don't particularly care for Clark as an NFL Owner, but people trying to paint him as dumb, really need to check themselves.

bobinkc
I am sure he was ACCEPTED there because of those 2 things, yes.

But neither of those things factored into him graduating FIRST in his class.

Who knows...maybe he spent all his money on people to do his papers for him.

ChiTown

Agreed.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Who knows...maybe he spent all his money on people to do his papers for him.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. After all, I'm sure they were willing to help him become Valedictorian instead of taking it FOR THEMSELVES. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Agreed

Valedictorian is NOT an award you can buy, it's meritorious. I don't particularly care for Clark as an NFL Owner, but people trying to paint him as dumb, really need to check themselves.

This.

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 02:27 PM
I do have to admit...he was smart enough to be born to a rich daddy...that's smarter than me.

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I do have to admit...he was smart enough to be born to a rich daddy...that's smarter than me.

Now, you are just looking really small. Step away from the keyboard. It's for the best.

Jenson71
12-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Better luck next time.

RealSNR
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Holy shit. Saying someone is "smart" just because they were an analyst at Goldman Sachs. That is some funny shit right there.

What do you do for a living, if I may ask?

whoman69
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Nobody has ever heard of an educated idiot? You can have all the book smarts in the world and not have an idea of how to do many things. I would have to know in what context that this person believes Clark isn't smart. It might be that she doesn't believe he has the business acumen to be doing what he is supposed to be doing. We're all guessing here. It needs to be put in context.

Sen. McCain claimed a few months ago that Amb. Rice wasn't smart and she's a Rhoads scholar.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
That dumb fuck didn't do his homework before spouting off at the mouth. You have to have some intellect to be a valedictorian at SMU. He's just not a Wall Street type con artist. Knowing how Lamar was, Clark is probably as down to Earth as one can be with that kind of money. Fuck this guy.

notorious
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
We all know people that could kill it in the classroom but when it came to the real world they can't run a hot dog stand.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM

ROFL

Marcellus
12-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I have had a football conversation with Clark, he seemed pretty sharp to me.

It only cost me a $60 ticket to a Kick Off Luncheon anybody could have gone to.

There were lots of people standing around talking football with him and he didn't strike me as over his head at all.

:shrug:

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I have had a football conversation with Clark, he seemed pretty sharp to me.

It only cost me a $60 ticket to a Kick Off Luncheon anybody could have gone to.

There were lots of people standing around talking football with him and he didn't strike me as over his head at all.

:shrug:

Yeah, but you're a fucking idiot.:evil:

RunKC
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM
The problem we have with Clark isn't how smart he is. It is his loyalty.

Marcellus
12-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but you're a ****ing idiot.:evil:

True.

I was waiting on that.

I may not be Dane level smart, rich, or good looking, but I do ok.

Red Beans
12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I like how we rally around our team's owner, when some are some of us are simultaneously talking shit. "He's a shit owner he should sell the team, but he's our shit owner. We can trash him, but some snot nosed, shit bag, Ghey U grad, who's suckling the balls of the Editors of the New Yorker, raises the issue of him being dense (which in itself is dense) and we rally to crush the dip shit! Clark is ours to condemn!

Titty Meat
12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
A fucking NY Post writer with an easy journalism degree is calling a successful multi billionaire stupid? I've heard it all.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
LOL, had they come here and just read, they'd have known that CHunt is a total dumbshit! This is what happens when really rich people breed and pass along really cool things like NFL football teams to their seed who've never accomplished a thing past sucking on the teat of his Swedish au pair.. So this guy may not be the best journalist int he world, but he's correct in this case.

Red Beans
A ****ing NY Post writer with an easy journalism degree is calling a successful multi billionaire stupid? I've heard it all.

Get that son of a bitch!

ChiTown
The problem we have with Clark isn't how smart he is. It is his loyalty.

Not sure we can comment on his loyalty at this point. Now, Lamar? Absolutely loyal to a fault, as it relates to the Chiefs Organization. Clark has only had a couple of hires (Coaches and 1 GM), and a GM isn't something you fire without giving them a chance to put all their people and systems into place. Now, if he doesn't whack Pioli after this Season, I think it's completely fair to start judging him on that basis.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM

It's complete bullshit.

And he was born rich. I'm sure he was sheltered in a lot of areas.

It doesn't take away from your intelligence it just means you're not going to relate the same way Joe Boston or Tommy Chicago do...

ModSocks
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
LOL, had they come here and just read, they'd have known that CHunt is a total dumbshit! This is what happens when really rich people breed and pass along really cool things like NFL football teams to their seed who've never accomplished a thing past sucking on the teat of his Swedish au pair.. So this guy may not be the best journalist int he world, but he's correct in this case.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Btw, im laughing at you, not with you.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I've got my peanut butter and bread, I just came in here to get the jelly. There's plenty of it.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Btw, im laughing at you, not with you.

Yeah, you must be hoping he takes you in... Maybe he can teach you the skills of spending somebody else's many was well as he learned...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
How many of you guys bitching about Clark being born into money voted Republican this last term? ROFL

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 02:55 PM

And it ain't gonna happen. So, there's that.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
How many of you guys bitching about Clark being born into money voted Republican this last term? ROFL

Me. I don't have a problem with being born into money. I have a problem with people who thing s/he who was born into money could have ever made a 10th of it had they not been. Simply said, Chunt just hasn't lost any money. I guess that's good. As for making a profit in the NFL, LOL, that's a guarantee... Even when you build a team as bad as this one is.

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
A ****ing NY Post writer with an easy journalism degree is calling a successful multi billionaire stupid? I've heard it all.

Dumb post of the day. Maybe month. Or year.

Titty Meat
12-04-2012, 02:58 PM

That means nothing coming from you douche rocket

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Me. I don't have a problem with being born into money. I have a problem with people who thing s/he who was born into money could have ever made a 10th of it had they not been. Simply said, Chunt just hasn't lost any money. I guess that's good. As for making a profit in the NFL, LOL, that's a guarantee... Even when you build a team as bad as this one is.

Are you planning to leave your kids worse off than what you were born in to?

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
ya, that Clark is a real goldmine LMAO

KC native
12-04-2012, 03:01 PM
As much as it pains me to say this (smu is our "rival"), SMU is a good school.

Aside from that, Clark runs in prestigous private equity company. The guy is far from dumb. He is looking out for the long term for the Hunt family portfolio and moving them away from just being an oil family.

TheGuardian
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM

NOT EVEN DANE.

Dane is the smartest mother fucker alive. Don't believe me? He will tell you, without telling you.

He also possess the powers of 17 psychics and can mind kill cats.

KC native
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM

I fucking hate SMU but that's not entirely accurate. It's not a cake walk to get in. The student body is mostly spoiled little bitches (same with my alma mater) but generally they're still good students.

L.A. Chieffan
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
that dumb son of a bitch, I seen him sitting in his office spinning a fucking menorah.

Austin Ed
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I was valedictorian, captain of my football, basketball and baseball teams and homecoming king.

Also had an affair with his teacher n

GoChargers
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Well, you clearly don't need to be smart to own a team, just look at our division.

Besides Hunt, we have the guy who continues to employ Norv Turner, the Davis family, and the owner who cheated the salary cap, got caught, and then did it again a couple years later.

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I ****ing hate SMU but that's not entirely accurate. It's not a cake walk to get in. The student body is mostly spoiled little bitches (same with my alma mater) but generally they're still good students.

TCU isn't that hard to get in to, is it? I mean, my wife was a student there....:D

Rausch
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
that dumb son of a bitch, I seen him sitting in his office spinning a ****ing menorah.

http://eyeonsoaps.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/biddies.jpg

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM

BOOOM! Roasted.ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Nice one, n00b!

KC native
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM
TCU isn't that hard to get in to, is it? I mean, my wife was a student there....:D

I can't argue with that. Mine too ROFL

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Dane is the smartest mother fucker alive. Don't believe me? He will tell you, without telling you.

He also possess the powers of 17 psychics and can mind kill cats.
LMAO

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM

NOT EVEN DANE.

LMAO

RealSNR
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Nobody has ever heard of an educated idiot? You can have all the book smarts in the world and not have an idea of how to do many things. I would have to know in what context that this person believes Clark isn't smart. It might be that she doesn't believe he has the business acumen to be doing what he is supposed to be doing. We're all guessing here. It needs to be put in context.

Sen. McCain claimed a few months ago that Amb. Rice wasn't smart and she's a Rhoads scholar.

For the purposes of talking to this dumbfuck NY Post reporter, Clark's educational background suited him just fine.

You can say he's a bad owner, but it's dumb as hell to call him stupid.

Book smarts will get you most places you need to go if you have the right attitude and commitment. I don't think Clark is a case of an educated idiot.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM

Remember how I mentioned in 2008 after my NY visit that the other owners didn't think Clark was into football or all that smart?

You argued profusely with me about that and all I did was report what I heard. I can't tell you if he's the dumbest smart guy around or the smartest dumb guy around. I've never met him.

But there must be something about his personality that makes people believe he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, whether that's true or false.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Dane didn't even GRADUATE college. He just walked on a film set and started blowing people at random.

RealSNR
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Show off your knowledge to me, genius. Let's see if you've been studying:

What's the difference between a fact and an opinion? Give examples of both.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Remember how I mentioned in 2008 after my NY visit that the other owners didn't think Clark was into football or all that smart?

You argued profusely with me about that and all I did was report what I heard. I can't tell you if he's the dumbest smart guy around or the smartest dumb guy around. I've never met him.

But there must be something about his personality that makes people believe he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, whether that's true or false.

I don't doubt you that he's not into football all that much.

I doubt anyone who says he isn't smart.

And I already said it's clear he's an introvert. It's VERY easy to mistake a quiet, private person as suffering from a lack of intelligence.

All that said, if he permits Pioli to keep his job? He's not very sharp at all, and Pioli is taking advantage of him.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
And I already said it's clear he's an introvert. It's VERY easy to mistake a quiet, private person as suffering from a lack of intelligence.

I think that's quite a leap. Everyone knows that even though he gained his wealth through birthright, he's done nothing but build upon it, not tear it down. Fellow owners mentioned that he was crucial to the NFL CBA of 2011, so he's obviously sharp.

Since I've never had the opportunity to met and interview him, I obviously can neither confirm or deny your statement but there must be something in his personality that makes people believe, at least in the beginning, that he's not as sharp as one would expect.

Blaming this particular journalist for his experience and opinion is silly.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
So you don't think clark is an introvert and a quiet person?

mikey23545
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM

How many of you guys bitching about Clark living off of other people's money voted Democrat?

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
So you don't think clark is an introvert and a quiet person?

I have absolutely no idea. As I've said, I've never met him. I can't determine his personality from what little of what I've seen of him in the press, nor am I familiar with his personality traits.

For all I know, he may prefer to appear over-matched.

Crazy like a fox.

Phobia
12-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Clark is so smart that people spend $650 a pop sending him messages with a smaller character limit than twitter. He's so smart that people will spend $40 to go to a draft party at the practice facility that is showing the same ESPN feed you can watch at home.

Cephalic Trauma
12-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Seriously, you have no room to talk in any conversation about dumb posts or intelligence. If posts here give any indication of intelligence, you aren't the "sharpest guy around" either, based on what I've seen.

Sorter
12-04-2012, 03:37 PM

http://s5.tinypic.com/oh0ty.jpg

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 03:44 PM
For the purposes of talking to this dumb**** NY Post reporter, Clark's educational background suited him just fine.

You can say he's a bad owner, but it's dumb as hell to call him stupid.

Book smarts will get you most places you need to go if you have the right attitude and commitment. I don't think Clark is a case of an educated idiot.

Are we to debate the clinical differences between making really bad choices when you have all the apparent faculties and resources needed to make great choices, and being stupid?

I guess "stupid" is less than being clinically retarded, "retarded" being based in chromosomes. So I guess we'll define his innate ability to make bad choices, without the apparent defense of chromosomal challenges, as being "a bad owner" but not stupid...

Dare I ask how we factor the money-grubbing gene into the chromosomes conversation. It may be having an impact on the performance of this team..

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
How many of you guys bitching about Clark living off of other people's money voted Democrat?

ROFLROFLROFL

brorth
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
http://s5.tinypic.com/oh0ty.jpg

No one said Curtis got slapped.

Easy 6
12-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll never forget the day doc walked in and said "you have bart-hubbochs, i'm sorry"

josh
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Jackass.

just out of curiosity do you have a link? I did several google searches and the only time i was clark hunt's name and the word valedictorian in the same sentence is from your posts on this forum. The only other thing i saw that was similar was on wikipedia where it says he graduated last in his class. not a good source i know, but that is all i could find.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Real fucking hilarious that you went off and edited his wikipedia page.

Let's take a look at the page from a month ago before you made your cute little edit, jackass.

http://i.imgur.com/XdBYZ.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
HEY HEY YOU'RE A JACKASS

http://media.kcchiefs.com/front-office-staff/clark-hunt-chairman-and-ceo.aspx

Hunt graduated first in his class at Southern Methodist University in '87, earning a degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. He was a two-time recipient of the university's highest academic honor, the Provost Award for Outstanding Scholar.

josh
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
what would editing the wikipedia page do for me? I like Hunt I was just wanting a link.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Let's see here, shall we?

Everyone here with a brain knows Clark Hunt was an SMU valedictorian.

Suddenly you show up and make ONE POST and his Wikipedia page says he finished last in his class. You, strangely enough, felt the need to call attention to this lie.

A quick examination of the Wikipedia page shows that previous versions ALL SAID HE WAS FIRST IN HIS CLASS.

Clark Hunt, and myself, are much smarter than you, troll fuckwit.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Real ****ing hilarious that you went off and edited his wikipedia page.

Let's take a look at the page from a month ago before you made your cute little edit, jackass.

http://i.imgur.com/XdBYZ.jpg

ROFL

HFS!

josh
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
okay again, how would that benefit me at all? look up the guy who changed it's IP address. Its in MA. I'm in MO.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
okay again, how would that benefit me at all? look up the guy who changed it's IP address. Its in MA. I'm in MO.

You think you're insanely cute.

Go and masturbate to that.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
"josh"

Pasta Little Brioni
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
These n00bs are out of control

ChiTown
12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
These n00bs are out of control

STFU, n00b

:D

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 04:49 PM
the fact is. most of the people who do finish top in their grades are fucking weird cus they have absolutely no social skills.

ifchunt had a passion for football he woulda played it growing up, went to umkc, or not even go to college just learn as much as hrew could from arrowhead. you guys who think he really cares are fucking stupid. if he cared about thr chiefs he wouldnt if went n got a finance job after college not to mention he went to college in dallas for 7 years. u guys keep telling yourselves clark truly cares cus he doesnt

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Dude, that was kind of the point of my post. He just said Democrat instead of Republican. So I'm not sure why mine warranted the answer you gave, and this one got a few ROFL's. Because the fact is, bitching about it would indicate you vote Democrat. Never mind. If I have to explain it, you don't get it, and it's not funny...

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
the fact is. most of the people who do finish top in their grades are ****ing weird cus they have absolutely no social skills.

ifchunt had a passion for football he woulda played it growing up, went to umkc, or not even go to college just learn as much as hrew could from arrowhead. you guys who think he really cares are ****ing stupid. if he cared about thr chiefs he wouldnt if went n got a finance job after college not to mention he went to college in dallas for 7 years. u guys keep telling yourselves clark truly cares cus he doesnt

What?

MahiMike
12-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Jackass.

Yeah and George Dubya graduated from Yale. That was some kinda strategery...

josh
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
the fact is. most of the people who do finish top in their grades are ****ing weird cus they have absolutely no social skills.

ifchunt had a passion for football he woulda played it growing up, went to umkc, or not even go to college just learn as much as hrew could from arrowhead. you guys who think he really cares are ****ing stupid. if he cared about thr chiefs he wouldnt if went n got a finance job after college not to mention he went to college in dallas for 7 years. u guys keep telling yourselves clark truly cares cus he doesnt

ha now that's trolling. i was just asking a question.

ModSocks
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM

Damn. And I thought my posts were hard to read.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 05:02 PM
What?

chunt doesnt give a fuck about the chiefs thats what.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Damn. And I thought my posts were hard to read.

sorry im at work right now paying for you to be on welfare right now

Braincase
that dumb son of a bitch, I seen him sitting in his office spinning a ****ing menorah.

I read that and :spock:...

I hope you were trying to make a joke.

Chief_For_Life58
right now

Hammock Parties
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
the fact is. most of the people who do finish top in their grades are fucking weird cus they have absolutely no social skills.

ifchunt had a passion for football he woulda played it growing up, went to umkc, or not even go to college just learn as much as hrew could from arrowhead. you guys who think he really cares are fucking stupid. if he cared about thr chiefs he wouldnt if went n got a finance job after college not to mention he went to college in dallas for 7 years. u guys keep telling yourselves clark truly cares cus he doesnt

I bet you graduated top of your class and then rode the short bus home.

Bugeater
12-04-2012, 05:08 PM

What the fuck would a drooling retard like you know about grades or social skills?

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
you guys just dont get it do you. If chunt had a passion for football/chiefs this is how his life would of went.....
He would of grown up playing football NOT soccer.
He would of went to college in kc or not even went to college at all.
First chance he got he would of went straight to arrowhead drive to learn as much about the business as he could and get into it at quickly as possible.
He would NOT of went to SMU for 7 years.
He would NOT of gotten a financial job after college.
He would not be completely hands off his franchise.

Im probably missing some other facts, but please enlighten me as to how you could conclude Clark cares about our franchise/has a passion for this franchise to truly win k? thanks!

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
you guys just dont get it do you. If chunt had a passion for football/chiefs this is how his life would of went.....
First chance he got he would of went straight to arrowhead drive to learn as much about the business as he could and get into it at quickly as possible.

Im probably missing some other facts, but please enlighten me as to how you could conclude Clark cares about our franchise/has a passion for this franchise to truly win k? thanks!

This is completely absurd

jaa1025
12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I think it's incredibly unprofessional for him to say this publicly, whether it's true or not.

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I think it's incredibly unprofessional for him to say this publicly, whether it's true or not.

I agree. This really seems strange. I don't know anything about Clark Hunt. Frankly, I'm neutral on the guy. This kind of a comment isn't going to sway me.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 05:30 PM
What the **** would a drooling retard like you know about grades or social skills?

a hell lot more than someone who has a 18+ post average per day on an online message board

RealSNR
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I <3 Clay

"Bob" Dobbs
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
What I want to know is, how smart do you have to be to be an NFL owner? Generally you would hire a good team to do the admin scutwork and write occasional checks. Wouldn't take a rocket scientist.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Dude, that was kind of the point of my post. He just said Democrat instead of Republican. So I'm not sure why mine warranted the answer you gave, and this one got a few ROFL's. Because the fact is, bitching about it would indicate you vote Democrat. Never mind. If I have to explain it, you don't get it, and it's not funny...

You still aren't making sense. You seem to think you can predict the political affiliation based on somebody's opinion of how kids born with silver-spoons in their mouths turn out. It's just not true Mr. Flopnuts. Go no further that the contry club and you'll find a house divided between those who worked their way into the club and those who got in on daddy's family membership (and daddy died 15 years ago).

So I don't begrudge Lamar for making well for his family, not at all. I'm still thinking the smartest thing he did was give his family business where you can fail epically and the profits still increase substantially year after year.

It's all good..

SAUTO
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
ironic
Posted via Mobile Device

ROYC75
12-04-2012, 06:07 PM

Prom Queen
Queen of the Courts
Sock Hop Princess
Homecoming Queen

You sure was busy that year.:D

SAUTO
12-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Im probably missing some other facts, but please enlighten me as to how you could conclude Clark cares about our franchise/has a passion for this franchise to truly win k? thanks! JFC, I hope you and glory dayz stay away from each other. Would be a sad day if the two of you were to procreate
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Um...what?

Because he played soccer he can't love football? Because he went to college means he can't love the Chiefs?

I played baseball, not football, AND went to college. Does that mean I can't love the Chiefs? It is possible to like multiple things in life. Guy didn't have to go out and get Pioli. Didn't have to staff Weis and Crennel in the same year. We all know enough of this fan base would still drink the cool-aid.

If he gets rid of Pioli this year and gets the best guy he can get then I don't know what else you want from him. Yeah he hasn't spent up to the cap but if Manning wanted to come here I am pretty damn certain he would have spent the money for him.

Guy just backed the wrong horse.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 06:15 PM
JFC, I hope you and glory dayz stay away from each other. Would be a sad day if the two of you were to procreate
Posted via Mobile Device

please explain to me how you think clark cares about this football team? because up to this point, there is a sh*t ton of evidence against him.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Um...what?

Because he played soccer he can't love football? Because he went to college means he can't love the Chiefs?

I played baseball, not football, AND went to college. Does that mean I can't love the Chiefs? It is possible to like multiple things in life. Guy didn't have to go out and get Pioli. Didn't have to staff Weis and Crennel in the same year. We all know enough of this fan base would still drink the cool-aid.

If he gets rid of Pioli this year and gets the best guy he can get then I don't know what else you want from him. Yeah he hasn't spent up to the cap but if Manning wanted to come here I am pretty damn certain he would have spent the money for him.

Guy just backed the wrong horse.

1. Playing soccer his whole life shows that he never had a deep passion for football. which means he really does not have a deep down passion for the chiefs.
2. Youre missing the biggest part of the equation. Your daddy didnt own the Chiefs.
3. I somewhat agree with this but the fact is is that he had someone of a passion for this team and really truly wanted to win, he would not hire someone and sit back and not be involved. He would be at the very least a some what involved owner, which to the community's eyes, he is not.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 06:24 PM
clark also didnt staff weis and crennel, Pioli did. clark signed the checks

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
1. Playing soccer his whole life shows that he never had a deep passion for football. which means he really does not have a deep down passion for the chiefs.
2. Youre missing the biggest part of the equation. Your daddy didnt own the Chiefs.
3. I somewhat agree with this but the fact is is that he had someone of a passion for this team and really truly wanted to win, he would not hire someone and sit back and not be involved. He would be at the very least a some what involved owner, which to the community's eyes, he is not.

How many "involved" owners win it all. You hire the best GM candidate and let him do his job. I don't blame Clark for giving Pioli 4 years to creat something.

And again, the idea that you can't have passion for something because you also love something else is a joke. I have played baseball since I was 5 and never played a down of organized football. Doesn't mean I can't love it to death.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
JFC, I hope you and glory dayz stay away from each other. Would be a sad day if the two of you were to procreate
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG, he's back, the short-bus has dropped off its load.

Marcellus
12-04-2012, 06:31 PM
please explain to me how you think clark cares about this football team? because up to this point, there is a sh*t ton of evidence against him.

Hiring the highest paid and most sought after GM in the NFL his 2nd year in charge?

Yea it was a colossal fuck up but it wasn't from lack of effort and 90% of the NFL world thought it was a great hire.

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 06:32 PM
How many "involved" owners win it all. You hire the best GM candidate and let him do his job. I don't blame Clark for giving Pioli 4 years to creat something.

And again, the idea that you can't have passion for something because you also love something else is a joke. I have played baseball since I was 5 and never played a down of organized football. Doesn't mean I can't love it to death.

The Rooney's are involv...oh, wait...

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm not sure it's as much a question of a physical presence as it is the lack of any real presence and consecutive decisions that show no indication of caring. So his being here to console the team was a nice touch and very appropriate - that's not my beef. I'm not looking for a Jerry Jones in terms of visibility, but it'd be nice to know that Pioli's issues not being addressed. So I get the quiet types, but frequently you don't have to the see the owner to see he's making changes. And who ever said that a word from the owner is a bad thing?

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Hiring the highest paid and most sought after GM in the NFL his 2nd year in charge?

Yea it was a colossal **** up but it wasn't from lack of effort and 90% of the NFL world thought it was a great hire.

We'll see how he handles this offseason. What he does will forever show that he doesn't give a flying fuck. egoli will be here, crennel will "retire". we'll draft a d lineman. quinn will start. we'll draft landry jones to back him up

Chronic
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Stanley Routt
Winston
Boss

What an epic failure

Cephalic Trauma
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Stanley Routt
Winston
Boss

What an epic failure

So much fail when the guy doesn't even show up...

Marcellus
12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
We'll see how he handles this offseason. What he does will forever show that he doesn't give a flying ****. egoli will be here, crennel will "retire". we'll draft a d lineman. quinn will start. we'll draft landry jones to back him up

What was your honest opinion when Pioli was hired? Did you think oh shit what a mistake, this shows Clark doesn't care?

If he fails to address the situation this off season, yea it shows Clark is nutless. I don't think that's going to happen.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Yea it was a colossal **** up but it wasn't from lack of effort and 90% of the NFL world thought it was a great hire.

We all thought it was a good hire, but not putting him on a PIP after so many clearly questionable player acquisitions and not getting close enough to see how these poor acquisitions were a sign that it was a LOT more than him being the "magic" that is New England, is what draws so much ire from me. So as I said before, no need to a Jerry Jones, but if you're not going to be a Jerry Jones you need to be close enough to remind him that these head-scratching first-round picks, and an allegiance to a QB that only he sees as a franchise QB, has him on a short short rope. Gum wrappers??? I mean I get the concept of attention to detail, but Chunt letting Pioli do all these things that were cheap knock-offs of the Patriot way sure don't seem to work without an world-class QB and equally awesome head coach - who seems anything but affected by what the GM thinks. I could be wrong, but I don't think BB ever really cared too much about what Pioli thought!

Undue pressure on a GM? Nope, it's the nature of the business. When you talk the owner into paying a QB that kind of coin, you tell the QB he's going to have to perform.

I'm not saying it's easy, but we all have numbers we have to meet "or else."

htismaqe
12-04-2012, 06:59 PM
How do you know he didn't put him on a PI plan?

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
How do you know he didn't put him on a PI plan?

Just like anybody else, you call them in and give them performance metric they need to meet or exceed. It's no different between than any other employee, it might just be done over dinner at Morton's instead of the office. In the end, he's an employee just like every other employee. They all have challenges in terms of supervising, but in the end you don't have to be specific about the "or else." I'm sure if he just indicated that if some of these questionable hires don't produce on the field, he may have to bring in some people to help him make those final decisions and judge talent and the team's needs. Subtle but effective for a proud man like Scott.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Just like anybody else, you call them in and give them performance metric they need to meet or exceed. It's no different between than any other employee...

Only it is.

A huge difference...

Cephalic Trauma
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
ROFL At the people in this thread who not only have the audacity to call Hunt stupid, but also provide their takes on how to be a good owner. It's similar to those who say they "watch the tape" and act as if they know coaching strategy.

Shut up.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Only it is.

A huge difference...

You're right, it's done with a $500 bottle of wine, cloth napkins and a coat check... Other than that, the base concept is the same.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
You're right, it's done with a $500 bottle of wine, cloth napkins and a coat check... Other than that, the base concept is the same.

If it was Pioli would have been stripped down as a human being and thrown out on his ass after game 5...

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 07:21 PM
If it was Pioli would have been stripped down as a human being and thrown out on his ass after game 5...

Then there's that non-HR-recommended way of handling it...

Rausch
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Then there's that non-HR-recommended way of handling it...

The way most employers do.

If you fail horribly, at every level, and do so for years...well, in the real world that's not even possible.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 07:37 PM
The way most employers do.

If you fail horribly, at every level, and do so for years...well, in the real world that's not even possible.

I'm not against it... If we're going to have a reasonable "failure is not an option" mindset, longterm employment for just showing up is going to need to be a thing of the past... So picking up gum wrappers is fine, but you need 12 wins in the regular season to keep working here... and even with that mindset, if we had another year like last year - where so many players had legitimate season-ending injuries - I'm willing to bet there would have been some deserved understanding.

Dallas Chief
12-04-2012, 07:43 PM

And where do you go to school?

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Show off your knowledge to me, genius. Let's see if you've been studying:

What's the difference between a fact and an opinion? Give examples of both.

Clark Hunt is the man at the helm of ruining your sundays for the past several years. My opinion is that he will continue to do this to you:D

That is Clark Hunt's legacy. If he has done anything for his wealth per se, it has not contributed to the riches that are the Lamar Hunt & father estate.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not against it... If we're going to have a reasonable "failure is not an option" mindset, longterm employment for just showing up is going to need to be a thing of the past... So picking up gum wrappers is fine, but you need 12 wins in the regular season to keep working here... and even with that mindset, if we had another year like last year - where so many players had legitimate season-ending injuries - I'm willing to bet there would have been some deserved understanding.

Break it down do simple terms:

1) Pioli has never drafted a player who has HOF potential in 4 years.
2) Pioli has not drafted or signed more than 1 pro bowl player in 4 years.
3) In 4 years Pioli has only taken this team to one playoff game. We were not competitive in that game.

Compare that performance to any other GM in the league...

RunKC
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
This thread should be bumped in a month when Clark keeps Pioli.

The people defending him right now will change their tune and destroy him.

Can't wait. I'll have the popcorn ready!

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM

http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/9/9e/Boom.gif

Brock
12-04-2012, 08:02 PM
But Jerry Jones is smart, right?

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
What was your honest opinion when Pioli was hired? Did you think oh shit what a mistake, this shows Clark doesn't care?

If he fails to address the situation this off season, yea it shows Clark is nutless. I don't think that's going to happen.

I was excited bc we finally got carl out after like 3 centuries of bullsh#t. I was truly excited about pioli then one of my college buddies from mass was like pioli has been riding the bellicheat n brady wave & he didnt care they lost him like everyone else from the aids tree...when he said that I was like whatever man ur just pissed u lost the true genius. he reminds me of that conversation every fucking time I talk to him. but back to your point Yes I was excited & I did think wow this is sweet clark is hands on as fuck he aint taking sh#t! All I know is that this offseason is so fucking hugely important for clark its not even funny. I honestly dont think he truly cares about this franchise he just cares about his online bank statement so as of now im thinking hes gonna completely fuck it up & keep pioli. clark doesnt know what to do

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:12 PM

wait whatd you say? I can't hear you, these 3 superbowl rings & handful of cowboy hofers are in the way -jerry

Rausch
12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
wait whatd you say? I can't hear you, these 3 superbowl rings & handful of cowboy hofers are in the way -jerry

jERRY won 3 Super Bowls?...

lcarus
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I graduated with a 4.0 from a little school called Cornell. Ever heard of it? Oh what's that...nobody cares?

http://cdn2.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/andy-bernard.jpg

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
jERRY won 3 Super Bowls?...

pretty sure he bought the boys in 89' right? correct me if im wrong but 1992 1993 1995 come after 1989 right?

Rausch
12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
pretty sure he bought the boys in 89' right? correct me if im wrong but 1992 1993 1995 come after 1989 right?

Ok, just wanted to make sure you attributed all that to him...

Rausch
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM

Apparently, he won 3 SB's...

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM

"you dint build that!!"

Rausch
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
"you dint build that!!"

No, I didn't.

SAUTO
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
OMG, he's back, the short-bus has dropped off its load.

Dude, read some of my posts and then compare them to yours.

I tried to do the same thing but I couldn't understand most of the shit you are saying. Make believe rants
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM

lets see here...jerry buys the team...hires jimmy...jimmy drafts aikman...they win 3 superbowls...where does the credit go? the mexican living under the bridge outside the stadium?

Brock
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM

That was when he was letting Jimmy Johnson run things. After Jerry took all control over the team and its operations, it became a completely mediocre team.

Brock
12-04-2012, 08:47 PM
lets see here...jerry buys the team...hires jimmy...jimmy drafts aikman...they win 3 superbowls...where does the credit go? the mexican living under the bridge outside the stadium?

Jimmy drafted Aikman, coached the team, made all the personnel decisions. But yeah, if you want to give credit to Jones for making one good decision in 20 years, be my guest.

Ace Gunner
12-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Jimmy drafted Aikman, coached the team, made all the personnel decisions. But yeah, if you want to give credit to Jones for making one good decision in 20 years, be my guest.

"one good decision in 20 years" yielded 3 championships. And OBTW- Switzer won one of those rings, so I guess you think Switzer was the braintrust there also. Either way, beats the shit out of one good decision in 50 years that yielded only one championship. But that's just me.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:51 PM

umm yeah I will. that one choice sh#ts all over the 60 year history of our franchise

Brock
12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
"one good decision in 20 years" yielded 3 championships. Beat the shit out of one good decision in 50 years that yielded only one championship. But that's just me.

Should have been more.

Brock
12-04-2012, 08:58 PM
umm yeah I will. that one choice sh#ts all over the 60 year history of our franchise

Wow, no shit. Does that make Jerry Jones some kind of fucking football genius? they've won one playoff game since 1996, with every resource under the sun.

In before "better than KC, derp", which avoids the point.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Wow, no shit. Does that make Jerry Jones some kind of ****ing football genius? they've won one playoff game since 1996, with every resource under the sun.

jerry jones > cunt family

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
whats your point again brock?

Brock
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
The point is pretty clear. People running down Hunt's intelligence are of the same dumbass level as those who talk about watching tape of Bowe's route running. They're dumbasses.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Dude, read some of my posts and then compare them to yours.

I tried to do the same thing but I couldn't understand most of the shit you are saying. Make believe rants
Posted via Mobile Device

The bus will pick you up early in the morning....so off to bed SPED.

DeezNutz
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Agree that attacks on Hunt's level of intelligence are ridiculous at best. There is simply no question that he's a bright guy.

However, it's more than fair to question his passion for winning, but that's an entirely different (rehashed) thread.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
whats your point again brock?

He hired a great HC that won for half a decade.

After that HC left he's been pathetic.

Same as KC...

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 09:10 PM
The point is pretty clear. People running down Hunt's intelligence are of the same dumbass level as those who talk about watching tape of Bowe's route running. They're dumbasses.

haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....I got a finance degree from a major university and most of the kids who got A +'s couldnt even hold a normal conversation. who the f#ck would hire a retard like that where the employer has to hold their dick every 5 minutes. they dont. they do research their whole lives cus they cant think outside the box. clark has no idea what hes doing with our franchise.

and for bowe, he drops big catches and doesnt give it 100% every game. if u dont see that youre not watching

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow, no shit. Does that make Jerry Jones some kind of ****ing football genius? they've won one playoff game since 1996, with every resource under the sun.

He had more "resources" than the Hunts? Like cleats for the players, and all our players had was gray tape?

bobinkc
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....I got a finance degree from a major university and most of the kids who got A +'s couldnt even hold a normal conversation. who the f#ck would hire a retard like that where the employer has to hold their dick every 5 minutes. they dont. they do research their whole lives cus they cant think outside the box. clark has no idea what hes doing with our franchise.

and for bowe, he drops big catches and doesnt give it 100% every game. if u dont see that youre not watching

Too bad you didn't major in English.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
haha good one.

just because chunt was good at reading stuff in a book and writing it down on a test does not make him "smart"....

Not the start to a brilliant argument...

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Who uses tape anymore, we all have HD DVRs...

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Too bad you didn't major in English.

im glad I didnt, id be unemployed or living on food stamps like every other english major in this country

Cephalic Trauma
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM

Boom. Agree, as I stated earlier in the thread. It's obnoxious, yet people continue on as if they know what they're talking about.

Cephalic Trauma
12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
im glad I didnt, id be unemployed or living on food stamps like every other english major in this country

You can't be far off. It's a wonder how people who can't even form and phrase a coherent thought are employed.

GloryDayz
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Boom. Agree, as I stated earlier in the thread. It's obnoxious, yet people continue on as if they know what they're talking about.

370 posts into you CP career and you've defined obnoxious.. Eric Winston would say that's disgusting...

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM

This might be one of the dumbest posts ever on CP, which is saying alot.

Rausch
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM

THAT'S NOT..........EH.........fuck....:(

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
clark isnt one of these baller entrepreneurial self made billionaires...hes a guy who lived in privilege his whole life and does not know what its like to grind his ass off working fulltime in college to pay for it or working in the mail room and working his way up to cfo. I dont see why all you guys suck his D so hard.

Chief_For_Life58
12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
the dude is way in over his head. he does not know football or how to run a massive business

Rausch
12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYYaL--1qc

Rausch
12-04-2012, 09:55 PM
http://youtu.be/EjO_QfFYV78

Rausch
12-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think any professional athlete will start to live his life until he's out of sports and spends time with his family.

You argue what you want but that's as clear a perfect balance between sports and priorities as there ever was...

BigRock
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM
When he's not dealing with locals he has a rapport with, I've never thought Clark seemed particularly comfortable dealing with media. Even under good circumstances. I don't think it's much of a surprise if he didn't come off well to someone under some of the worst circumstances possible.

NJChiefsFan
12-04-2012, 10:34 PM

Are you implying there is something wrong with that? Up until now Clark hired the GM everyone wanted and gave him room to work. It is clear he isn't right for the job. If he gets rid of him he continues to show he wants a real GM. If he doesn't he is showing he really isn't that concerned about the team.

How is that any kind of changing of tune? It would just follow what we have been saying.

Except we aren't talking about 60 years, we are talking about what Clark has done. Since he took over he removed a GM his daddy wouldn't and went out and got the GM everyone said was the best man for the job. He then followed by giving Scott 4 years. There is nothing crazy about that. If he fires him this off season I don't see how Clark has done anything wrong with the GM position.

The difference between Jerry and Clark is this, one got his first hire right and one didn't. Problem is Clark hired the man everybody thought was right so I think its wildy unfair to rip him for it. I venture a guess that you were happy with the Pioli hire. Beyond that, Jerry has made a mess of the team on the field since then.

You could argue that because Jerry has actually admitted in public he would fire the GM for his performance if HE wasn't the GM, that Jerry is more about making money and having fun than anything else.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Except we aren't talking about 60 years, we are talking about what Clark has done. Since he took over he removed a GM his daddy wouldn't and went out and got the GM everyone said was the best man for the job. He then followed by giving Scott 4 years. There is nothing crazy about that. If he fires him this off season I don't see how Clark has done anything wrong with the GM position.

The difference between Jerry and Clark is this, one got his first hire right and one didn't. Problem is Clark hired the man everybody thought was right so I think its wildy unfair to rip him for it. I venture a guess that you were happy with the Pioli hire. Beyond that, Jerry has made a mess of the team on the field since then.

You could argue that because Jerry has actually admitted in public he would fire the GM for his performance if HE wasn't the GM, that Jerry is more about making money and having fun than anything else.

Jerry Jones > Chunt

Cowboys roster > Chiefs roster

Jerry Jones life achievements > Clarks

3 superbowls > 1 in 60 years

Cowboys franchise > chiefs franchise

Jerry Jones sh#ts on Clark in every aspect.

At least Jerry cares about his team and is involved in every process AND has a deep passion for the game of football. Clark just sits back, lives in dallas, watches away games on tv, and makes sure the chiefs are profitable, which every team in the league is. clarks a joke. he has not accomplished anything of actual significance in his life.

milkman
12-05-2012, 12:24 PM
haha good one.

You haven't yet graduated from pre-school.

Finance degree from a major university, my ass.

|Zach|
12-05-2012, 12:27 PM

ROFL

ThaVirus
12-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Man, that's pretty low.

That's one thing I'll never do is comment on a man's intelligence (outside of the Internet of course LMAO). I find that to be the most insulting thing you can do..

KurtCobain
12-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Man, that's pretty low.

That's one thing I'll never do is comment on a man's intelligence (outside of the Internet of course LMAO). I find that to be the most insulting thing you can do..

Especially to the media.

Frosty
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
but there must be something in his personality that makes people believe, at least in the beginning, that he's not as sharp as one would expect.

It's the southern accent.

DaWolf
12-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Jerry Jones > Chunt

At least Jerry cares about his team and is involved in every process AND has a deep passion for the game of football. Clark just sits back, lives in dallas, watches away games on tv, and makes sure the chiefs are profitable, which every team in the league is. clarks a joke. he has not accomplished anything of actual significance in his life.

I look at it more like this: Jerry Jones got lucky that he hired a great head coach and evaluator in Jimmy Johnson, and got three super bowls out of it. Jerry Jones also couldn't get out of his own way and has been largely irrelevant since.

All Hunt needs to do is get lucky and find that great talent evaluator and coach and we know he will get out of the way and let it roll, much like Bob Kraft has done in New England. And then everyone will be talking about what a great owner he is. Of course the trick is he still has to hire the right guy...

GoChargers
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Jerry Jones > Chunt

Jerruh Jones kept Norv Turner employed for years and is the reason he still gets coaching jobs almost 20 years later.

Advantage: Hunt

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:02 PM

youre funny.
Actually its an economics degree. & too bad I don't give 2 sh#ts about my reputation on a internet message board to take a picture of my diploma hanging on my wall at home after work today to post it. you sir, can suck it.

Frosty
12-05-2012, 01:06 PM
youre funny.
Actually its an economics degree. & too bad I don't give 2 sh#ts about my reputation on a internet message board to take a picture of my diploma hanging on my wall at home after work today to post it. you sir, can suck it.

I guess you just proved your point about someone with "book learnin'" not necessarily being smart IRL. Congrats!

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I look at it more like this: Jerry Jones got lucky that he hired a great head coach and evaluator in Jimmy Johnson, and got three super bowls out of it. Jerry Jones also couldn't get out of his own way and has been largely irrelevant since.

All Hunt needs to do is get lucky and find that great talent evaluator and coach and we know he will get out of the way and let it roll, much like Bob Kraft has done in New England. And then everyone will be talking about what a great owner he is. Of course the trick is he still has to hire the right guy...

he got lucky playing on the same university of Arkansas football team as jimmy back in the day.
Jerry is a bad ass. just admit it. You wish you won a national championship playing football. Then started an extremely successful oil and gas company. Then bought the cowboys for like a tenth the value it is today. probably more. I do anyway. I'll take a self made billionaire baller owner/gm over some silver spoon fed soccer playing pussy bitch any day.

Clark probably is a retard talking to him unless you're talking to him about Tbonds or mutual funds. The reporter didn't just come up with that out of the blue.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I guess you just proved your point about someone with "book learnin'" not necessarily being smart IRL. Congrats!

I wasn't book smart. I worked my ass off working part time all through college to graduate in 4 and a half years with a good enough gpa to get a solid paying job right out of college. something clark knows nothing about.

Brock
12-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I wasn't book smart. I worked my ass off working part time all through college to graduate in 4 and a half years with a good enough gpa to get a solid paying job right out of college. something clark knows nothing about.

that's surprising, because your posts make you sound like a complete dumbass.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:12 PM
bottom line is, I don't think Clark knows what to do with our franchise, nor does he care to think about it long enough to make a good choice either.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2012, 01:15 PM
he got lucky playing on the same university of Arkansas football team as jimmy back in the day.
Jerry is a bad ass. just admit it. You wish you won a national championship playing football. Then started an extremely successful oil and gas company. Then bought the cowboys for like a tenth the value it is today. probably more. I do anyway. I'll take a self made billionaire baller owner/gm over some silver spoon fed soccer playing pussy bitch any day.

Clark probably is a retard talking to him unless you're talking to him about Tbonds or mutual funds. The reporter didn't just come up with that out of the blue.

Ironic since Jerry Jones was a silver spoon kid as well.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Ironic since Jerry Jones was a silver spoon kid as well.

he turned that silver spoon into a gold & platinum spoon with diamonds on it

milkman
12-05-2012, 01:28 PM
youre funny.

Wouldn't matter.

Even if you actually had a diploma, and cared enough to prove it with a picture of said diploma hanging on the wall, I would not believe it was yours.

You're a fucking idiot.

There's no way in hell you have the intelligence to graduate from pre-school, much less high school, then college.

Chief Roundup
12-05-2012, 01:30 PM
he turned that silver spoon into a gold & platinum spoon with diamonds on it

It is hard to argue about Jerry Jones accomplishments. He has a lot of things you want in an owner. He gets out in front of the fans. He is very charismatic. But he would be a more successful owner if he would stop "dabbling" with the team.

GoChargers
12-05-2012, 01:31 PM
He probably got his diploma from EdConnect.com.

bobinkc
12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
It is hard to argue about Jerry Jones accomplishments. He has a lot of things you want in an owner. He gets out in front of the fans. He is very charismatic. But he would be a more successful owner if he would stop "dabbling" with the team.

I just want an owner that you knows cares about winning....we don't have it with the Chiefs or Royals but...surprise...we have it with SportingKC and they win. I'm so tired of feeling like we as fans want to win worse than the owners of our major teams. Give me Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban...at least I know they care and want to win.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't matter.

Even if you actually had a diploma, and cared enough to prove it with a picture of said diploma hanging on the wall, I would not believe it was yours.

You're a ****ing idiot.

There's no way in hell you have the intelligence to graduate from pre-school, much less high school, then college.

well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is gonna be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at fucking everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I just want an owner that you knows cares about winning....we don't have it with the Chiefs or Royals but...surprise...we have it with SportingKC and they win. I'm so tired of feeling like we as fans want to win worse than the owners of our major teams. Give me Jerry Jones or Mark Cuban...at least I know they care and want to win.

EXACTLY. Thank you Bob

milkman

I'd take Mark Cuban in a heart beat.

The guy has a passion for winning, but he is also aware of his limitations as an evaluator, so hires basketball people to assemble the talent.

But Jerry Jones is not the kind of owner I want.

He has a passion for winning, but is a terrible football man who won't get out of his own way.

58-4ever
People with Southern accents don't come across to Yankees as intelligent? Shocking!

milkman
12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is gonna be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at ****ing everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

Scared?

Where the hell did your dumb ass come up with that?

I laugh at and mock your dumb ass.

htismaqe
12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
It's hilarious to see the talk about Jerry Jones.

Cowboy fans HATE him.

Failure is failure, whether hands on or hands off.

ChiTown
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
well guess what, I did. And if youre scared of the things I write on chiefsplanet without thinking twice about it, just think about what this country is gonna be like in another 20 years when people like me are running it. Even though your generation did such a good job at ****ing everything up already. You better belcher yourself right now to save yourself from the pain.

I'm a Gen X'r, and you're welcome