PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter- "Barkley Late first-round pick" Smith scouts "aren't completely wowed"

Pages : [1] 2

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-05-2012, 09:19 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on Mike & Mike Wednesday morning that USC QB Matt Barkley is viewed around the NFL as a "late first-round pick."
Schefter cited a relatively weak incoming quarterback class as reasons for Alex Smith and Michael Vick to "absolutely" have strong offseason markets. Smith is a trade candidate, while Vick is expected to be released after the Super Bowl. Per Schefter, Heisman finalist Collin Klein is viewed as a "late-round pick," and scouts "aren't completely wowed" by West Virginia QB Geno Smith. Barkley showed underwhelming arm strength as a college senior and was interception prone. We wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the second round

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7421/matt-barkley

HoneyBadger
12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Looks like we're going to reach...again.

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 09:22 PM
But you said Barkley was the bestest
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
More reason for kc to draft a linemen. We have a strong losing tradition to maintain.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I bet we take Tyler Wilson.

And I'm just fine with that.

Rasputin
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/lupemaster374/SUICIDE.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Chill out. Clark is going to demand a QB.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
http://tyler-wilson.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Wilson8.jpg

okcchief
12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
I've never been impressed with Barkley though. I don't think he's any better than Landry Jones. Geno all the way.

TRR
12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Geno is a guy who will WOW at the combine. He will measure well, speak even better, and he will perform fantastically in shorts and a t-shirt.

His resume speaks for itself.

the Talking Can
oh no, it risky

Rasputin
Am I missing something?

What does Geno Smith have to do to WOW the scouts?

the Talking Can
if you aren't impressed with smith you're an asshole

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM
For the 10 millionth time, it's ridiculous to get caught up in measurables before the Combine.

RunKC
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Pioli has reached every year to fill a need in the first round. I fully expect him to draft a QB if he's still here.

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Pioli has reached every year to fill a need in the first round. I fully expect him to draft a QB if he's still here.
Baldwin was a reach? Berry?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Pioli reached on Berry?

Pioli reached on Baldwin?

I don't like the work he's done in Kansas City but that's just fucking stupid.

O.city
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not comparing the players at all, but #'s wise, Geno has put up virtually identical numbers to RGIII last season, in the same conference.

petegz28
12-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't think any of the QB's are worth a #1-#5 pick. I would like to see us trade down, get another 1st, and draft the QB later in the 1st along with another impact player.

AustinChief
12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
For the 10 millionth time, it's ridiculous to get caught up in measurables before the Combine.

This. (10 million and 1)

O.city
QB's, like it or not, are going to go in the top 5 from here out.

It's pretty much just the way things are.

Too many people have their "Luck" goggles on. Like Boss said in another thread, this time last year, RGIII had nearly the same grades as Geno.

Ace Gunner
hahahahaha

AustinChief
12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think any of the QB's are worth a #1-#5 pick. I would like to see us trade down, get another 1st, and draft the QB later in the 1st along with another impact player.

I highly doubt after the combine that a QB won't emerge as a top 5 guy ... but if so, than I have no problem trading down as long as we still pick one of the top 2 or 3 QBs. Again, I highly doubt this will be the case. Somebody SHOULD emerge as a clear top 5 pick by the time we draft.

RunKC
12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Pioli reached on Berry?

Pioli reached on Baldwin?

I don't like the work he's done in Kansas City but that's just ****ing stupid.

Safety=not worth that high of a pick.

Baldwin=attitude problems moved him to an early 2nd round draft prospect.

/draft analysts

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 10:04 PM

/draft analysts
Not true
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 10:05 PM

/draft analysts

LMAO

RunKC
12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Not true
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't remember all the draft analysts telling us to draft Russell Okung instead of Eric Berry because of positional value?

I'm glad we took Berry though.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-05-2012, 10:06 PM

/draft analysts

You're fucking retarded.

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Safety is absolutely worth that high of a pick, in todays NFL.

QB, LT, Pass rusher, Secondary.

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 10:07 PM
You don't remember all the draft analysts telling us to draft Russell Okung instead of Eric Berry because of positional value?

I'm glad we took Berry though. no. I remember them saying w would take a tackle, just like every fucking year
Posted via Mobile Device

UL Washington
12-05-2012, 10:08 PM
There will be a combine superstar that will emerge as the number 1 it happens every year. Could very easily be Smith...

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:11 PM
smith did the same thing to oklahoma that RG3 did...he just has the worst d in the country, so they lost

his 4th quarter ass raping of the 8th ranked pass defense in the country should 'wow' anyone who isn't a fucking dill hole...

his pass from his own endzone, with the pocket collapsing, between 3 defenders, is as clutch and fine a pass as any QB threw this year...if that doesn't 'wow' you then you should off yourself along with black retard...

RealSNR
12-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Eat glass shards you piece of AIDS

RunKC
12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Barkley is gonna move up the board a bit after the combine. Teams will love him after they interview him.

Don't see him going in the late first with so many QB needy teams. Probably teens.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2012, 10:15 PM
I bet Barkey's stock drops after his combine workout.

He'll probably run a 5.1 40 or something shitty.

RealSNR
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
He'll also do extremely poorly at the not going bald exercise at the combine.

O.city
I bet Barkey's stock drops after his combine workout.

He'll probably run a 5.1 40 or something shitty.

No , that won't matter.

When he measures in at 6 foot flat and has a busted shoulder still will likely do the trick.

Buckweath
When youre the Chiefs there s no such thing as reaching for a QB. The more desperate this team is to get that future elite QB the better if you ask me.

Frankie
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on Mike & Mike Wednesday morning that USC QB Matt Barkley is viewed around the NFL as a "late first-round pick."
Schefter cited a relatively weak incoming quarterback class as reasons for Alex Smith and Michael Vick to "absolutely" have strong offseason markets. Smith is a trade candidate, while Vick is expected to be released after the Super Bowl. Per Schefter, Heisman finalist Collin Klein is viewed as a "late-round pick," and scouts "aren't completely wowed" by West Virginia QB Geno Smith. Barkley showed underwhelming arm strength as a college senior and was interception prone. We wouldn't be surprised if he fell to the second round

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7421/matt-barkley

A bit of validation for my push for a trade down to get Geno at value. Frankly, admittedly based on yet incomplete data I would be perfectly happy with either Murray or Wilson at value than drafting Geno at the top of the draft.

This last scenario is gradually becoming my favorite one. Maybe trading the top pick to someone head over heals in love with Jarvis Jones and use the later round one pick or our top 2nd on, say, Murray.

hometeam
12-05-2012, 10:19 PM
A bit of validation for my push for a trade down to get Geno at value. Frankly, admittedly based on yet incomplete data I would be perfectly happy with either Murray or Wilson at value than drafting Geno at the top of the draft.

This last scenario is gradually becoming my favorite one. Maybe trading the top pick to someone head over heals in love with Jarvis Jones and use the later round one pick or our top 2nd on, say, Murray.

The moment you trade down is the moment some other franchise with balls takes Geno.

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't get this value shit.

You know whats valuable? A franchise QB.

Those tend to be drafted pretty early in the draft. Why risk trading down and missing out on your guy?

If you like the guy enough to draft him at say 4 or 5, then for fuck sake, draft him at 1.

Frankie
12-05-2012, 10:21 PM

LOL, smash another window for me, because I agree with him.

The moment you trade down is the moment some other franchise with balls takes Geno.

That's fine. I'm not a Geno or bust guy. At least not yet.

Buckweath
CHiefs fans WHO want anything else than to draft the best available QB with our first round pick are DUMB DUMB DUMB.

suds79
Matt Barkley becomes less & less intriguing to me by the day.

I've simply had my fill of weak armed Chiefs QBs. It's as simple as that.

Right now give anybody over Barkley.

Geno, Wilson, Bray, Glennon. I just want to see something different.

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
With all this draft stuff popping up, lets play a little game. Name this player, based on his pre draft analysis.

POSITIVES: Athletic passer with the physical skills and mental intangibles needed to lead a franchise at the next level. Quickly sets up in the pocket, sells ball fakes and technically very sound. Poised under the rush, steps up to avoid defenders and works to keep the play alive. Patient, buys time in the pocket and waits for receivers to come free. Does an excellent job with his reads and natural looking off the safety. Does not make mental errors and throws the ball away rather than toss the errant pass. Times the short and intermediate throws well, as receivers rarely wait for the ball out of their breaks. Outstanding vision and immediately spots the open receiver. Possesses a quick release, live arm and zips the outs or gets the ball downfield. Throws with touch. Sits in the pocket and takes a big hit in order to get the pass off. Fleet-footed and picks up yardage with his legs when necessary.

NEGATIVES: Though accurate, lacks top pass placement and has receivers extending vertically to pull the ball out of the air. Must improve his accuracy down the field. Lacks top footwork releasing the ball off a three step drop. Lacks pocket stature.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2012, 10:22 PM

ROFL

Does AIDs come in pieces?

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 10:23 PM

I'm not sure if they're "worth it" according to the Jimmy Johnson draft choice scale that everyone uses.

But IMO, it's worth it for the Chiefs to draft Smith or Barkley or whoever else is deemed the #1 overall QB.

RunKC
12-05-2012, 10:23 PM
He'll also do extremely poorly at the not going bald exercise at the combine.

Yes that's clearly his biggest weakness. He'll never go do well because of that. :rolleyes:

hometeam
12-05-2012, 10:25 PM
With all this draft stuff popping up, lets play a little game. Name this player, based on his pre draft analysis.

POSITIVES: Athletic passer with the physical skills and mental intangibles needed to lead a franchise at the next level. Quickly sets up in the pocket, sells ball fakes and technically very sound. Poised under the rush, steps up to avoid defenders and works to keep the play alive. Patient, buys time in the pocket and waits for receivers to come free. Does an excellent job with his reads and natural looking off the safety. Does not make mental errors and throws the ball away rather than toss the errant pass. Times the short and intermediate throws well, as receivers rarely wait for the ball out of their breaks. Outstanding vision and immediately spots the open receiver. Possesses a quick release, live arm and zips the outs or gets the ball downfield. Throws with touch. Sits in the pocket and takes a big hit in order to get the pass off. Fleet-footed and picks up yardage with his legs when necessary.

NEGATIVES: Though accurate, lacks top pass placement and has receivers extending vertically to pull the ball out of the air. Must improve his accuracy down the field. Lacks top footwork releasing the ball off a three step drop. Lacks pocket stature.

I googled it~

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Smith has the physical attributes. Barkley has the intangables. We really can't go wrong with either one.

hometeam
12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Smith has the physical attributes. Barkley has the intangables. We really can't go wrong with either one.

Intangibles can suck it.

RealSNR

That's fine. I'm not a Geno or bust guy. At least not yet.

O.City just said it pretty well.

There's no such thing as value anymore. The stakes of whiffing on a top first round pick have never been lower. Especially for QBs, since the NFL is turning into such a QB-friendly league.

High ceilings and potential should be #1 on a team's brain when they're drafting in the top 10. Meaning for us:

What do we stand to gain by drafting a Jarvis Jones who plays to the top of his potential?

What do we stand to gain by drafting a Geno Smith who plays at the top of his potential?

Guess what we stand to lose by drafting either player when they bust?

THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT- A PISSED AWAY DRAFT PICK.

So take the QB. Each and every fucking time.

Buckweath

Does Cassell have the intangibles?

O.city
I googled it~

Made a thread out of it, keep your trap shut.

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Say you draft Teo. Whats the absolute best scenario you can get out of that? Can a MLB Ted backer in a 34 scheme carry you to where you wanna go?

RealSNR
12-05-2012, 10:31 PM
ROFL

Does AIDs come in pieces?

It does when fans are so goddamn miserable that they actually give a fuck about draft value when searching for the future franchise QB.

One of two results is going to happen:
A. The Chiefs hit on their franchise QB
B. The Chiefs bust on their franchise QB

That extra draft value has NOTHING to do with the outcome of the above answer. All it does is put our decision at risk for busting because we probably won't be able to pick the best guy.

RealSNR
12-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Say you draft Teo. Whats the absolute best scenario you can get out of that? Can a MLB Ted backer in a 34 scheme carry you to where you wanna go?

I don't know. I'd like to phone a friend on that one.

Call my buddy Tyson Jackson, Regis.

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Value mattered when you were slotting guys at huge amounts of money when they hadn't played a down.

Now, it doesn't matter at all.

But what does matter? Getting a fucking Qb to lead this team for the next decade.

Which might explain why damn near every redraft has QB's going at the top of every draft.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Fuck this thread with the might of 10 Chocolate Peniis

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't know. I'd like to phone a friend on that one.

Call my buddy Tyson Jackson, Regis.

I'm just amazed at this shitty line of thinking.

You want a leader on defense? Fine, I get that. It's a big concern for me.

But you don't spend a top 3 pick on a fucking player that will play a position that's probably the 7 or 8 most important on your defense.

aturnis
12-05-2012, 10:37 PM
smith did the same thing to oklahoma that RG3 did...he just has the worst d in the country, so they lost

his 4th quarter ass raping of the 8th ranked pass defense in the country should 'wow' anyone who isn't a ****ing dill hole...

his pass from his own endzone, with the pocket collapsing, between 3 defenders, is as clutch and fine a pass as any QB threw this year...if that doesn't 'wow' you then you should off yourself along with black retard...

The only criticism I've read of Geno, that actually gives a reason is that he doesn't read defenses. Though, in as many offenses as he's run, he's certainly been asked to do it at some point. He's always done well. Good TD/INT ratio. I'm not nearly as worried as I would be if he'd only run a spread throughout his college career...

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:42 PM
The only criticism I've read of Geno, that actually gives a reason is that he doesn't read defenses. Though, in as many offenses as he's run, he's certainly been asked to do it at some point. He's always done well. Good TD/INT ratio. I'm not nearly as worried as I would be if he'd only run a spread throughout his college career...

Not calling you out specifically, but this is something alot of people say, but have no idea about.

People think reading defenses consists of "looking at multiple wr's, Rb's Te's, etc, once the ball is snapped"

Which is absolutely crazy talk.

Most offenses have reads based on coverages, which are determined presnap or split second post snap.

Once it's snapped, a QB has one read, then a second, etc. Not often do they get passed the 2nd. IMO, reading defenses isn't a problem with alot of QB's, or atleast isn't the main problem.

It's pocket awareness, or knowing how much time you have in the pocket to go thru multiple reads. Cassel doesn't read defenses well, which is magnified by the fact aht he doesn't have any pocket awareness so he can't make quick reads from the pocket.

Geno has some of the best pocket awareness of any prospect not named Luck. Hell thats one area that he gets pretty close to Luck.

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM

murray?

wtf?

mcaj22
12-05-2012, 10:45 PM
im fine with Tyler Wilson

and when that fails in 2 years I will be more than happy with Teddy Bridgewater

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:47 PM

i find it hard to believe you can put up the numbers he did, throwing the amount he did, with only 6 ints, and not 'read defenses'....

i realize he isn't perfect, but unless they're comparing these flaws to some standard, they're rather meaningless evaluations...

is he bad at reading defenses, or bad compared to peyton manning?...

keg in kc
12-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Talking about this before March is kind of pointless.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Kliff Kingsbury threw 45 TD and 13 INT his senior year playing in the same system...so you never know.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Did Kliff play in a pro style offense his sophomore year and play very well? Didn't think so...

Frankie
12-05-2012, 10:52 PM

If (big IF) Te'o is what they say he is (and not a Notre Dame lust hype by the media) then yes. Provided we use the top of the 2nd on Murray, Wilson, or maybe even Bray. Our LB corps will be next to none. and we still get a QB we can count on panning out well. I've been very encouraged by what Dungy said about Murray and what I saw of him in the Alabama game. Granted I didn't see the entire game. Stat-wise too he compares well with Geno. See attached.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Kliff Kingsbury threw 45 TD and 13 INT his senior year playing in the same system...so you never know.

Guess who drafted him.

keg in kc
12-05-2012, 10:53 PM
"Our LB corps will be next to none".

Who gives a **** about that?

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:54 PM

6 is significantly different than 13....6 makes ints almost an anomaly given the volume of throws

and again, the point is they never qualify the criticisms...does he need to get better reading defenses (likely)? does he struggle reading defenses (less likely)? is he bad at reading defenses (lol)? does he not read defenses (absurd)?

etc

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:54 PM
LBs don't win superbowls

jesus titty christ people

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Guess who drafted him.

Patriots
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 10:58 PM
If (big IF) Te'o is what they say he is

Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

Te'o isn't Patrick Willis.

Te'o isn't Brian Urlacher.

Te'o isn't D'Qwell Jackson.

He may be a solid NFL linebacker but until he runs a 4.3 forty, measures 6'2 and weights 260 pounds at the Combine, the guy, IMO, is a mid-to-late draft choice at best.

He's most likely, IMO, a second round talent at best.

the Talking Can
12-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

He may be a solid NFL linebacker but until he runs a 4.3 forty, measures 6'2 and weights 260 pounds at the Combine, the guy, IMO, is a mid-to-late draft choice at best.

thank you

O.city
12-05-2012, 10:59 PM
If (big IF) Te'o is what they say he is (and not a Notre Dame lust hype by the media) then yes. Provided we use the top of the 2nd on Murray, Wilson, or maybe even Bray. Our LB corps will be next to none. and we still get a QB we can count on panning out well. I've been very encouraged by what Dungy said about Murray and what I saw of him in the Alabama game. Granted I didn't see the entire game. Stat-wise too he compares well with Geno. See attached.

Murray is a legit 6" foot even. He has a strong arm and that offense doesn't do him alot of favors but his upside isn't that high, IMO.

And no, even if Teo is what they say, he isn't worth a top 5 pick. Look around the league at other 34 teams and look who plays the spot he would play here on our D.

You absolutely don't need a great high draft pick guy there to be successful.

And stat wise, Murray isn't close to Geno.

O.city
12-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over all of those guys.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over one of those guys.

That's fine.

Just don't tell me that Te'o is worthy of the number one overall pick, the Heisman, etc. when clearly he is not.

If the guy was at Wisconsin, he'd be mid-second rounder. Hell, Rey Maualuga was at USC sandwiched between Cushing and Matthews and HE was a second rounder.

SAUTO
12-05-2012, 11:04 PM
This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over one of those guys.
Not off at all.

Out linebackers could all quit and I would still take the qb
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
12-05-2012, 11:05 PM
That's fine.

Just don't tell me that Te'o is worthy of the number one overall pick, the Heisman, etc. when clearly he is not.

If the guy was at Wisconsin, he'd be mid-second rounder. Hell, Rey Maualuga was at USC sandwiched between Cushing and Matthews and HE was a second rounder.

I meant to say QB over all of those guys.

Misworded myself.

Frankie
12-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

He's most likely, IMO, a second round talent at best.That's why I qualified my statement. I do have this sneaky feeling that he benefits from the media love for Notre Dame. I guess, like you say the combines will decide. Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Psyko Tek
12-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Chill out. Clark is going to demand a QB.

clark is gonna demand a striker

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
More reason for kc to draft a linemen. We have a strong losing tradition to maintain.
haha this

O.city
12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
So here's the question Frankie, even with hindsight, knowing what all those guys turned out to be.

If they were available in this class, along with say I dunno Aaron Rodgers, who you taking?

1ChiefsDan
12-05-2012, 11:10 PM
That's why I qualified my statement. I do have this sneaky feeling that he benefits from the media love for Notre Dame. I guess, like you say the combines will decide. Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Yeah, a lot of them seem to be up in the (mid)air.

Chief_For_Life58
12-05-2012, 11:15 PM
So here's the question Frankie, even with hindsight, knowing what all those guys turned out to be.

If they were available in this class, along with say I dunno Aaron Rodgers, who you taking?

definitely taking the bonecrusher TJAX over em all deerp /egoli

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Personally, I've always felt this was true. But this year, with the Chiefs picking #1 or #2 overall, the Combine has an even greater significance.

Add in the new CBA (i.e., far less money invested) along with fan impatience and we're really looking at a franchise that needs to get this pick "right".

That said, trying to make that decision in early December is a recipe for disaster. So many things can change between now and mid-February.

Pushead2
12-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I just want a QB that will make plays, isn't babysat in an offensive scheme to hide that they suck, doesn't check down all the time & give us a fucking glimmer of hope in the future.

Not sure who fits that bill in the draft, but whoever it is - please take him.

T-post Tom
12-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Let's assume Chiefs get the #1 pick and they go with Smith. Tyler Wilson is available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Should the Chiefs take Wilson? Let the best man win? Or possible trade bait for later? Or just a potential great backup at a decent salary...(yes, two different styles, for sure.)

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Let's assume Chiefs get the #1 pick and they go with Smith. Tyler Wilson is available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Should the Chiefs take Wilson?

Absolutely not.

Developing, nurturing and bringing along one rookie QB is difficult.

Attempting to do that with two rookie QB's, especially when there are number of holes to fill throughout the roster, is irresponsible and IMO, would not end well.

T-post Tom
12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Absolutely not.

Attempting to do that with two rookie QB's, especially when there are number of holes to fill throughout the roster, is irresponsible and IMO, would not end well.

Do you think the Skins made a mistake drafting two QBs? (Granted, Cousins was a fourth.) I've heard mixed reviews from various analysts. Might be too early to judge.

NJChiefsFan
12-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Absolutely not.

I agree. I understand why some people want to draft two guys, but if your #1 struggles at all(which most do) then its creating a circus. I would be more comfortable taking a guy a few rounds later or not at all.

Even if you have a smart coach and GM, giving them two top 30 overall players that fight for an all or nothing position is pretty difficult to handle. The only way would be to say the #1 overall pick is the starting QB no matter what and then a few years down the line switch if it wasn't working. I just don't really like it.

O.city
12-05-2012, 11:40 PM
If you decide that Geno is your guy that early, you best be surrounding him wiht as much talent as you can.

So no, not that early would I take another one.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Do you think the Skins made a mistake drafting two QBs? (Granted, Cousins was a fourth.) I've heard mixed reviews from various analysts.

It's difficult to determine at this time but they definitely needed help along their offensive line and even with their offseason signings at WR, are still thin at that position, which could cost them a playoff spot.

T-post Tom
12-05-2012, 11:47 PM
It's difficult to determine at this time but they definitely needed help along their offensive line and even with their offseason signings at WR, are still thin at that position, which could cost them a playoff spot.

If you decide that Geno is your guy that early, you best be surrounding him wiht as much talent as you can.

True. Cousins currently contributes nothing on gameday. Unless you include holding a clipboard.

NJChiefsFan
12-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I also think that
1) RG3 came in with so much fan-fare
2) Cousins being a 4th rounder vs. Wilson being a second

makes Washington's scenario much easier than ours would be.

Frankie
12-05-2012, 11:51 PM

With the benefit of hindsight I would obviously take AR at the top of the draft.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-06-2012, 12:10 AM
The scouts are saying this, supposedly, but watch a major abundance of QBs get picked right from the beginning. The need is so high fo QBs (it being the most important position in sports) that teams are gonna pick one anyway. And with the CBA being the way it is now a bust doesn't hurt as bad. High risk, high reward. Just watch, it's gonna be like Black Friday with the QBs.

DTLB58
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
This is all such crap.

I remember last year after the bowl games when all the players were ranked at certain spots and then they all changed, and I thought, wtf? None of them have played a game, why are their stocks rising or falling?

DaneMcCloud
12-06-2012, 12:26 AM
This is all such crap.

I remember last year after the bowl games when all the players were ranked at certain spots and then they all changed, and I thought, wtf? None of them have played a game, why are their stocks rising or falling?

LMAO

You can't be serious.

splatbass
12-06-2012, 12:42 AM

This.

Rasputin
12-06-2012, 02:07 AM

OH bull shit.

Geno Smith is well worth the top pick of the draft and if you trade down you can miss the opportunity this year for his services. Why settle on second best QB or risk having to take the third best in the draft when the other teams are going to jimp them.

Rasputin
12-06-2012, 02:11 AM
YEAH trade down and risk taking any of the top 3 QB prospects great.

Fucking dumb.

AussieChiefsFan
12-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Geno

mdchiefsfan
12-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Te'o isn't Ray Lewis. (Picked 26th overall)

Te'o isn't Patrick Willis. (Picked 11 overall)

Te'o isn't Brian Urlacher. (Picked 9th overall)

Te'o isn't D'Qwell Jackson. (Picked 34th overall)

This shows that you need to scout your ILB. There are quality players that can play the position in the late first/early second round. I will shit a brick if we take Te'o.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Let's assume Chiefs get the #1 pick and they go with Smith. Tyler Wilson is available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Should the Chiefs take Wilson? Let the best man win? Or possible trade bait for later? Or just a potential great backup at a decent salary...(yes, two different styles, for sure.)

Yeah and trade Geno for someones 2cd this year and their first next year.

ChiefGator
12-06-2012, 06:39 AM
I don't get this value shit.

You know whats valuable? A franchise QB.

Quoted for truth.

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 06:49 AM
OH bull shit.

Geno Smith is well worth the top pick of the draft and if you trade down you can miss the opportunity this year for his services. Why settle on second best QB or risk having to take the third best in the draft when the other teams are going to jimp them.

:clap:

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Fucking dumb.

But... but... draft value, man!

Sorter
12-06-2012, 07:06 AM
But... but... draft value, man!

It is simply to risky and the value isn't there.

If we get Joekelksjefl AND keep Albert, we can finally move Albert to LG, because, well, fuck that guy and his production at LT the last 3 years. It isn't like we drafted a LG in the 2nd round and a LT in the 3rd round last year anyways.

LMAO

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 07:10 AM
The Browns constantly take a lower value QB and look where it's gotten them. A revolving door of QB's.

Quinn: #22
McCoy: #85
Weeden: #22 (and they have already expressed doubts about him)

But at the very least, the Browns aren't afraid to draft a QB. Take the chance and pull the friggin trigger. We have the opportunity to draft a QBOTF without giving up any picks.

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 07:11 AM
It is simply to risky and the value isn't there.

If we get Joekelksjefl AND keep Albert, we can finally move Albert to LG, because, well, **** that guy and his production at LT the last 3 years. It isn't like we drafted a LG in the 2nd round and a LT in the 3rd round last year anyways.

LMAO

I can tell I've been a Chiefs fan for far too long, because...sadly...I can see them justifying a pick this way.

:(

Chiefnj2
12-06-2012, 07:13 AM
The Browns constantly take a lower value QB and look where it's gotten them. A revolving door of QB's.

Quinn: #22
McCoy: #85
Weeden: #22 (and they have already expressed doubts about him)

But at the very least, the Browns aren't afraid to draft a QB. Take the chance and pull the friggin trigger. We have the opportunity to draft a QBOTF without giving up any picks.

The Browns are an example that a QB cannot cure everything, you need to build a team around the QB.

The Texans drafted a QB early, but didn't support him with an OL or weapons. Now with a good D, revamped OL, Johnson and a solid running game they are a contender.

seamonster
12-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Geno is a guy who will WOW at the combine. He will measure well, speak even better, and he will perform fantastically in shorts and a t-shirt.

His resume speaks for itself.

Whenever I've seen geno smith talk he's come across like a dick that taunts and has bad vocabulary. Complete opposite of an RGIII.

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 07:23 AM
The Browns are an example that a QB cannot cure everything, you need to build a team around the QB.

The Texans drafted a QB early, but didn't support him with an OL or weapons. Now with a good D, revamped OL, Johnson and a solid running game they are a contender.

Very true. I think that the Chiefs have most of those pieces in place. Not all, but most.

Draft a QB and a speed receiver and by God, I believe we would have a team...

chiefzilla1501
12-06-2012, 07:26 AM

I would consider adding someone late, though, like a Jordan Rodgers. By now the Chiefs should know if Stanzi is in their plans or not. If he can't even make the active roster, that's not that encouraging.

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I would consider adding someone late, though, like a Jordan Rodgers. By now the Chiefs should know if Stanzi is in their plans or not. If he can't even make the active roster, that's not that encouraging.

Also depends on the *hopefully* incoming staff's offensive scheme.

Though I agree, if he hasn't even seen the field in this season's QB train wreck, it doesn't bode well for his future.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 07:35 AM

Hardly. That offense is devoid of talent outside of RB, QB, and LT.

The Colts are an example of how a QB can cure everything. A 2-14 team last yr that is 8-4, and looking to make the playoffs.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Every half way decent QB performs the same at the combine and "wows" at their workouts.

scho63
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
I just want someone who can get the ball down the god damn field for a change! No more 5 yard completion averages and wounded ducks on deep passes....

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Got roasted earlier in the year when I said that guys like Matt Miller and Matt Williamson were saying Barkley should go in the 20's.

He's just not an elite prospect.

Given the "new" value of drafted QBs (because of the CBA), I think he goes top 15. I think he's very similar in terms of overall talent vs. ceiling ratio as Christian Ponder.

J Diddy
12-06-2012, 07:43 AM
The irony in all of this is that the same people who want us to draft a quarterback in the first are the same people who want us to lose out. If we get the 1 overall then we are going to shop it and move down or pick someone else. Pretty much the only way we get a first round quarterback is if we don't pick so high.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 07:44 AM
True. Cousins currently contributes nothing on gameday. Unless you include holding a clipboard.

You can get a guy like Cousins anywhere.

Hell, we have a guy JUST LIKE Cousins already on the roster.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 07:44 AM
The irony in all of this is that the same people who want us to draft a quarterback in the first are the same people who want us to lose out. If we get the 1 overall then we are going to shop it and move down or pick someone else. Pretty much the only way we get a first round quarterback is if we don't pick so high.

We're going to be picking in the top 3. We have no excuse not to take a QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
We're going to be picking in the top 3. We have no excuse not to take a QB.

Yeah. We're not drafting OL no matter who comes in here. We have a lot of young, high round, draft picks on this roster, and they're banged up. It's QB or bust this year, and I have no doubt Clark is going to demand it. Regardless of who comes in.

the Talking Can
12-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Whenever I've seen geno smith talk he's come across like a dick that taunts and has bad vocabulary. Complete opposite of an RGIII.

i'd love to see this, black bob....

Deberg_1990
12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Where does Landry Jones fall? 2nd round? Why? He seems to have ideal size and arm strength.

Flame away......

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Where does Landry Jones fall? 2nd round? Why? He seems to have ideal size and arm strength.

Flame away......

I think Landry Jones is a mid-1st guy. If Sam Bradford can be the #1 overall pick, Jones will go higher than most here expect.

Deberg_1990
12-06-2012, 08:25 AM
I think Landry Jones is a mid-1st guy. If Sam Bradford can be the #1 overall pick, Jones will go higher than most here expect.

Kind of what i was thinking....maybe late 1st.

Fans put too much into pure wins/losses when evaluating. Thats just not how you evaluate college QBs for the pro game.

BigCatDaddy
12-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Smith, Wilson, Barkley are as good if not better prospects then Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder were and look where they were drafted.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 08:39 AM
Smith, Wilson, Barkley are as good if not better prospects then Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder were and look where they were drafted.

Yep.

The new CBA changes the value chart considerably.

FWIW, Matt Williamson is on 810 WHB right now.

the Talking Can
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
just be virtue of need you'll have 4 QBs in the first, i think

smith
wilson
barkley
jones

Reerun_KC
12-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Kind of what i was thinking....maybe late 1st.

Fans put too much into pure wins/losses when evaluating. Thats just not how you evaluate college QBs for the pro game.

OU fans hate him....

They hate the fact that he has proven he cant handle pressure or big games.

He turns the ball over or Cassels with the slighest bit of pressure... Also stated that since he got married. His failth and wife are more important than football..

But what the hell do OU fans know. Most of them hate the guy and are ready to see him leave...

Sorter
12-06-2012, 08:43 AM

I would take the 1st 3 over the 2nd group every single time.

Gabbert was weak in the pocket, Locker can't throw the ball accurately to save his life, and Ponder was just okay.

Reerun_KC
12-06-2012, 08:48 AM
just be virtue of need you'll have 4 QBs in the first, i think

smith
wilson
barkley
DIAF Cassel Jr - jones

Yes please to any of those 3...

I have Smith-Wilson tied at one and Barkley at two...

I have jones at the 456,908 person taken in the draft...

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Williamson just blew a giant hole in the idea of the Chiefs taking a tackle.

He said the Chiefs have a problem at LT, a GOOD problem.

Albert is a rare athlete who is still developing. He said Stephenson is a prototypical LT who has everything you want except experience. He said athletic, lockdown tackles are rare in this league and the Chiefs potentially have TWO. Said he'd love to see Stephenson at LT and Albert at RT, seemed to almost gush at the thought.

He went on to say that there are going to be some good WRs available in the 2nd and 3rd, especially where the Chiefs will be picking.

It's all setting up for us to take the QB.

Otter
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Wilson or Smith and I'll be a happy camper. No USC QBs please.

the Talking Can
12-06-2012, 08:53 AM

but someone will take him

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Fucking dumb.

Some major dumbfucks to be wanting that. Can't wait to trade down (cause surely everyone in the league follows Mel's Big Board!!!!!!!!!), get leapt, and get left holding our dicks forced to draft a slapdick like Glennon....Awesome.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Kind of the way I see it.

Geno - 1A
Wilson - 1B
Barkley - 2

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Who the fuck is going to trade down for our pick, morons?

The Rams are the only team that have multiple first round picks. Who the hell would they take at #1 overall that they can't get where they pick?

If not the Rams, are you really going to be happy with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders in exchange for missing out on your pick of ANY QB in this draft?

God, everybody here claims they want a franchise QB, but I don't think that's true. I think people around here are still fucking scared.

Shoot me in the fucking dick.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
The Rams are the only team that have multiple first round picks. Who the hell would they take at #1 overall that they can't get where they pick?

Manti, of course. Duh! :drool:

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Only players worth a trade down to top 5, IMO, would be Jarvis Jones and maybe Star Lotulelei. Is there anyone else that teams would trade into the top 5 to take?

*BTW, definitely not advocating a trade down, I want Smith. Just trying to eliminate possibilities for the Chiefs FO to f*ck this up.

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Who the **** is going to trade down for our pick, morons?

If not the Rams, are you really going to be happy with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders in exchange for missing out on your pick of ANY QB in this draft?

God, everybody here claims they want a franchise QB, but I don't think that's true. I think people around here are still ****ing scared.

Shoot me in the ****ing dick.

Beat me to it.

Hammock Parties
The number of assholes I have conversed with who think we should take Te'o Smith and get a QB in the 2nd + FA slapdick is mind boggling.

The fan base needs to be kidnapped, blindfolded and stuffed in a tiny, dark room until a franchise QB is drafted and established, because YOU CAN BET there will be NO PATIENCE for any QB we pick from True Fans.

And it will all stem from the stupid idea formed in their pea brains that we should not have drafted a QB.

In fact...and I GUARANTEE this will happen...as soon as a rookie QB struggles in red there will be a pocket of True Fans wishing Cassel was back.

philfree
Who the **** is going to trade down for our pick, morons?

God, everybody here claims they want a franchise QB, but I don't think that's true. I think people around here are still ****ing scared.

Shoot me in the ****ing dick.

Yeah no team us going to trade up for a Jarvis Jones or Star Louitelli(sp?) because this draft is full of pass rushers and big powerful DTs. They'll be able to draft thsoe position/types of players anywhere in the first round.

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Only players worth a trade down to top 5, IMO, would be Jarvis Jones and maybe Star Lotulelei. Is there anyone else that teams would trade into the top 5 to take?

*BTW, definitely not advocating a trade down, I want Smith. Just trying to eliminate possibilities for the Chiefs FO to **** this up.
Star is the only non-QB worth a top 5 pick, in my opinion.

I've been wholly unimpressed with Jarvis Jones. Fuck that guy with AIDS.

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 09:21 AM
The number of assholes I have conversed with who think we should take Te'o Smith and get a QB in the 2nd + FA slapdick is mind boggling.

The fan base needs to be kidnapped, blindfolded and stuffed in a tiny, dark room until a franchise QB is drafted and established, because YOU CAN BET there will be NO PATIENCE for any QB we pick from True Fans.

And it will all stem from the stupid idea formed in their pea brains that we should not have drafted a QB.

In fact...and I GUARANTEE this will happen...as soon as a rookie QB struggles in red there will be a pocket of True Fans wishing Cassel was back.

"Tell me how many shitty first round 5-technique defensive linemen you see..."

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 09:22 AM

I know. :shake:

tk13
12-06-2012, 09:25 AM

What's going to make it worse is the inevitable "Well RGIII and Luck did (whatever they end up doing)." That's part of the problem, those two guys have set a ridiculously high bar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
Draft me some Te'o, and O-line and go get Alex Smith......Lets get back to that Marty Ball and tailgating of the 90s!

loochy
I'm going to be devastated when we skip/miss out on Geno.

:sulk:

PhillyChiefFan
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Yeah no team us going to trade up for a Jarvis Jones or Star Louitelli(sp?) because this draft is full of pass rushers and big powerful DTs. They'll be able to draft thsoe position/types of players anywhere in the first round.

Yep. I don't really see too much trading up and down in the top 10.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Lets get back to that Marty Ball and tailgating of the 90s!

Seems like that's what a lot of people want. They don't even care about the Super Bowl.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Someone will inevitably bring up 27/7 next season.

It WILL happen.

"This guy isn't even close to Cassel!"

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 09:30 AM
You don't even need proof of what's coming now.

It's already there in countless "Pioli took the best QB available" posts.

Idiots constantly bashing Freeman, Orton, Dalton...Sanchez...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I've bashed all of those guys at one point and rightfully so, but I want better than that. I think Geno is the ticket. Wilson would make me estatic as well though.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 09:35 AM
We'd be lucky if Geno was as good as Josh Freeman.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Awesome expectations right there.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Josh Freeman is a very good QB.

He will win a SB.

Hootie
12-06-2012, 11:43 AM
hopefully we'll sign a coaching staff that focuses on offense and the QB when we draft our new QB as well

Chief_For_Life58
12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
We'd be lucky if Geno was as good as Josh Freeman.

if we dont draft him hell be the next aaron rodgers. if we do draft him hell be the next akili smith

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 11:49 AM

He will win a SB.

Do you ever get tired of fellating him?

He's not bad, but he really hasn't proven shit in this league.

Get back to us when he's won a playoff game. Or 3.

Nirvana58
12-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I might be in the minority, but I want Wilson as my QB. I am so tired of this play it safe check down quarterbacks. I want the quarterback who had a shit team and said fuck it I am going to put them on my shoulders and go out blazing. Yes, he makes stupid decisions sometimes throwing passes that he shouldn't throw. However, he knows if his team was going to win it would be on his arm so why not take some chances. I was pretty impressed by his game verse LSU and he is one tough SOB. (stands in the pocket and gets hit in the teeth almost every play because of his crap oline)

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Do you ever get tired of fellating him?

He's not bad, but he really hasn't proven shit in this league.

Get back to us when he's won a playoff game. Or 3.

So being the best deep ball passer in the league and throwing 23 TD and 8 INT this year means nothing, eh?

GTFO.

Hootie
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I suppose I'd take a harder working, more athletic Josh Freeman.

Dave Lane
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM

As a bit of a spoiler he also includes past QBs not just this years crop. I think this seems close to Tyler Wilson in spots and Smith in spots. I'm a big Smith fan but Wilson is gaining traction with me too.

O.city
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Dave that's Aaron Rodgers scouting profile

Dave Lane
12-06-2012, 11:57 AM

If Pioli is still here I'm done with the Chiefs till he's gone. I'll start a selling my allegiance thread and go to the high bidder ROFL

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
So being the best deep ball passer in the league and throwing 23 TD and 8 INT this year means nothing, eh?

GTFO.

It means very little until you win something meaningful.

Dave Lane
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Dave that's Aaron Rodgers scouting profile

I know I googled it. I couldn't make it fit anyone in the draft so had to check. Hence my mini spoiler.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
if we dont draft him hell be the next aaron rodgers. if we do draft him hell be the next akili smith

ROFL

It's only funny because it's probably true.

:shake:

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM
It mean very little until you win something meaningful.

Well, dipshit, he's been playing on dogshit teams until recently.

As it is, right now he's the only thing keeping a horrible defense barely alive for the playoffs.

If the Bucs ever improve to even AVERAGE on defense Freeman will rape faces in the postseason.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 12:06 PM
someone thinks this.

they wrote it on the internet

we would be better off capping the defense with our top two draft picks, LB & DB/Safty and picking up a QB later or off the wire. Just thinking out loud... lol

Dave Lane
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
someone thinks this.

Death is too kind.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Well, dipshit, he's been playing on dogshit teams until recently.

As it is, right now he's the only thing keeping a horrible defense barely alive for the playoffs.

If the Bucs ever improve to even AVERAGE on defense Freeman will rape faces in the postseason.

Don't be ignorant. You know damn well a QBs worth is measured mostly by SB win.

I'm well aware of how good Freeman is, it's just that you go down on him more than any other QB.

Unless he makes some post-season appearances, a single fuck won't be given.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
someone thinks this.

:shake:

1ChiefsDan
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM

I'm well aware of how good Freeman is, it's just that you go down on him more than any other QB.

Unless he makes some post-season appearances, a single **** won't be given.

Dan Marino says hi.

ModSocks
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
someone thinks this.

Well, if we're going to do that, we might as well draft O-Linemen the rest of the draft and let Stanzi start next season.

:rolleyes:

It's amazing that people can watch one of the worst offenses in the NFL since 1929 and still refuse to address the #1 issue plaguing that offense.

Yes, more defense is what we'll need. We'll surely be hanging 30+ ppg with a new ILB.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Unless he makes some post-season appearances, a single fuck won't be given.

The only reason I started going down on Freeman is because people - I mean, fucking morons - around here INSISTED Cassel was a better QB.

No. Fucking WRONG. 2010 proved it. This year proves it. And next year will prove it. And so on and so on.

So fuck all those dipshits.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Unless he makes some post-season appearances, a single **** won't be given.

Yeah well Marino comes to mind as far as the SB wins go.
Nobody gives a fuck about Sanchez who has made a couple of post-season appearances.

It is not fair to the players that those categories matter more than anything else.
This is a team sport. Yes you have to have a good QB but you also have to have a good defense and ST unit or you will not go very far in the playoffs.

BigCatDaddy
12-06-2012, 12:16 PM
someone thinks this.

He should stop thinking out loud.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Nobody gives a fuck about Sanchez who has made a couple of post-season appearances.

Did you somehow forget about all the media fellating Sanchez back then?

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Dan Marino says hi.

And Marino does not get NEAR the attention as other successful QBs from his era.

1ChiefsDan
12-06-2012, 12:24 PM
And Marino does not get NEAR the attention as other successful QBs from his era.

:spock:

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Did you somehow forget about all the media fellating Sanchez back then?

Back then...this is talking currently and the general way people think.
Sanchez sucked then, now and always will but nobody gives a shit what Sanchez has been a part of not the reason for. He has been benched for McElroy. Yeah he gets the start again this weekend but he is done and nobody gives a shit about Sanchez and or the playoffs that he was along for the ride on the top defense and top running game.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:30 PM

What? Come on dude. We hear about Marino all the time because it is his records that are being broken. Not Kelly's records or Elways records.

Oh and you originally said Worth not how much attention they are getting.
Now that you are argument has been proved wrong you can't twist an argument to try and change your position.

Next.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Has anyone posted the "geno smith isnt RG3" article by kcchiefsdraft.com?

Im on my phone so i cant...

"Sam Bradford"...ROFL

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.kcchiefsdraft.com/2012/12/geno-smith-isnt-rgiii/#more-2594

Geno Smith Isn’t RGIII

December 6th, 2012

Who does Geno Smith remind you of? (Photo: goldandbluezone.com)

KCCD Writer: Jonathan Hake

All over Kansas City, and the surrounding areas, fans are discussing the future of the Chiefs quarterback position. As fans we often try to compare players to others that came before so that we can better understand what to expect. Expecting Geno Smith to live up to RGIII is asking him to fulfill very large shoes that really don’t fit well.

Geno Smith is my top QB of the 2013 NFL draft but he isn’t Robert Griffin III. He isn’t Jason Campbell, Ben Rothlisberger, or Andrew Luck. These comparisons put unfair expectations on players and what they can or will do in their time with the team. The more important question is why are people making these connections?

Robert Griffin and Geno both got out to a very fast start their senior years. They have shown an ability to protect the ball and avoid interceptions. Both play in an up tempo spread offense that focuses on a lot of screens, options, and quick outs. They both have also shown an ability to punish a defense with the deep pass. These are the similarities but what are the differences?

Griffin will absolutely destroy you with his legs while Geno can scramble if it is the last resort or if the defense makes him an offer he can’t refuse. Baylor ran designed run plays for Griffin due to his ability to take any run to the house. Griffin has one of the best arms we have seen coming out of college and is a once in a generation prospect. Geno Smith has the potential to be in the elite QB category. He isn’t there yet and he isn’t nearly as close as RG III was coming out of college but the potential is there.

Jason Campbell is an understandable comparison and the worst case scenario for Geno. A player with the talent to start who needed a few seasons to put it together but never truly got a shot with a stable team. Campbell has been a player that has shown to be capable when shoved into the fire but never truly been “the guy.” He will run if you give him five yards and thank you for the free yards. Campbell has a strong arm and has enough accuracy to make almost any throw on the field. Campbell was missing a few traits that I believe Geno has: Geno’s release is quicker, he makes better pre snap reads, and he dissects a defense and punishes them for making mistakes. Campbell has always been a first read kind of quarterback especially coming out of college.

Ben Roethlisberger also was not the prospect that Geno Smith currently is. Roethlisberger has every bit the arm that Smith has but the way he made his throws coming into the draft needed improvement. Both Geno and Big Ben needed work with their footwork but Ben’s footwork was compounded by a slow release and a tendency for balls to wobble on him.

Geno throws tight spirals and a release that is only rivaled by Griffin’s in recent history. Roethlisberger had the added benefit of being huge and the ability to feel the pocket extremely well. He can bounce off of hits and give himself room to make those big plays. He needed the room because of the release and footwork but over the years he has become a much better technical passer.

Who does Geno Smith remind me of when I watch him play, Sam Bradford. They played in shotgun offenses in college, can make any throw on the field when given time, and are very good at recognizing and punishing a defense when they make a mistake. Bradford was a step ahead of Geno in his progression but the way they move in the pocket and the quick release they possess translates well to the NFL.

Bradford was a surefire prospect by many leading up to the 2010 draft. Bradford has had his challenges in the NFL, including injuries. He’s had to deal with multiple coaching and system changes which has led to him seeming uncomfortable in the pocket. He also has had very few weapons at his disposal in St. Louis. Bradford possesses a very calm demeanor he almost appears to not care. Smith doesn’t possess this quality. He is very animated when things go badly and equally as animated when things go well.

The key with drafting Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley will be surrounding them with the right team and system. The team must be talented enough to support the QB and the system has to be catered to their strengths. Stability will become a necessity for at least the next three seasons. That is why a complete rebuild will need to take place this offseason.

If you allow Pioli to stay and hire another head coach then you must be committed to him for the next three seasons at least. Head coach, offensive coordinator, and the offensive system need to be stable and allow the new QB the opportunity to use his talents. Can Clark Hunt look at the talent on this team and the performance on the field and say that the GM has done a good enough job to warrant another hire. If that decision is made then the organization needs to be committed and allow the next hires a chance to succeed.

There you go.

BigMeatballDave
Oh and you originally said Worth not how much attention they are getting.
Now that you are argument has been proved wrong you can't twist an argument to try and change your position.

Next.Split hairs, much? Point is, no one cares about QBs who don't win in the post-season.

saphojunkie
Josh Freeman has had a really good season.

And his team still isn't winning enough for him to be anywhere near a top QB in the league. But he's come a long way this season, and I don't think anyone still considers him a potential bust.

He has clearly shown he has the ability this year to be a top QB. They need to turn in the wins for that to happen, though.

EDIT: just checked Freeman's stats in 2010 and actually they were really good. Freeman is the opposite of Cassel. Both had career years in 2010, made the playoffs at 10-6 with a new coach, and had mediocre to shit years before and after.

The difference now appears that the good year was a fluke for Cassel and the bad years a fluke for Freeman.

DLand21
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Late 1st round is accurate. Tyler Wilson & Geno grade out higher IMO

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Ranking the Quarterbacks: Making a Case for Tyler Wilson

December 3rd, 2012

Tyler Wilson to Kansas City is gaining some steam. (Photo: Nelson Chenault/US Presswire)

KCCD Writer: Elliot Dennis

Okay… okay. I know a couple of weeks ago I came out with an argument for why USC’s Matt Barkley should be taken first overall by the Chiefs. I now retract that statement. He’s really played himself out of consideration to be even a top-10 draft choice, and unless he has a huge Senior Bowl week and pro day that might just happen.

Now I’d like to make a case for Arkansas signal caller, Tyler Wilson. He had a good season last year throwing for 3,638 yards, 24 touchdowns, and six interceptions while completing 63 percent of his passes. He kept improving as the season went on and was prepped to have a big season this year. Wilson also played a little bit in 2010 as a backup to Ryan Mallett, throwing for 453 yards, four touchdowns, and three interceptions.

In week two this season, Wilson suffered a concussion in an upset loss to Louisiana-Monroe and was held out of the game against then #1 Alabama. So far this year, he’s completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,387 yards, 21 touchdowns, with 13 interceptions. Some say he is having a down year, I am saying otherwise.

I believe he has played well considering the circumstances. Bobby Petrino was fired right before the season began and left a huge mess behind him. Along with that, Wilson lost his top three receivers from last season in Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, and Greg Childs. He only has one good receiver to throw to in Cobi Hamilton. The rest of the receiving corps hasn’t been able to get open and have dropped numerous passes this season. Along with all this, his offensive line has been shaky this season. He’s taken multiple hits per game and just hasn’t looked comfortable behind that offensive line all season. Arkansas is only 41st in college football in sacks allowed (1.5 sacks/game), but it’s been much worse than the numbers indicate.

Watching Wilson play this season, I’ve seen a great NFL-caliber arm from him. He has been able to make throws, such as a throw to the sideline from the opposite hash. There have been some questions about his accuracy this season, most of which are due to him not setting his feet when he throws. However, these issues can be taught by good coaching and practice.

One thing you can’t question about Wilson is his toughness. Aside from the concussion that kept him out 2 games, he has played through multiple injuries this season and has looked determined to win, despite his team having a disappointing season.

One thing I really liked about Barkley was that he came back for his senior season to try and win a National Championship, even though it killed his draft stock. The same goes for Wilson. General Managers will love Wilson’s drive for a championship.

Now if the NFL Draft were held today, I believe West Virginia’s Geno Smith would be the choice. Despite his recent struggles, he projects to be the top pick in next year’s draft. A lot can change between now and April as bowl games, Senior Bowl week, and pro games happen. So these rankings will probably change, but as of now here are my top 5 quarterbacks available:

1. Geno Smith, West Virgina

Smith started this season absolutely on fire. The West Virginia quarterback has a great skill set. He has a good arm to make all the NFL throws and shows good deep accuracy. He has good intelligence going through his progressions and reads and has shown that he can look off a safety. Along with this, he has very good mobility. The knock on Smith is that he plays in a goofy offense and has some mechanical issues with his footwork.

Projection: Top-5 pick

2. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Despite a horrible season for Arkansas football, Wilson has played very well. The real argument for Wilson is listed above.

Projection: Top-15 pick

3. Matt Barkley, USC

Last season, Barkley looked to be an elite QB prospect and a safe one. But with his play this season, his draft stock has really fallen; he may not even be a top-10 pick this year. He has great knowledge of the west coast offense and has shown very good accuracy and mechanics. His decision making and arm strength have been in question this year. He hangs the ball out there and can’t deliver into tight windows. If he has a bad Senior Bowl he may not even be a 1st round pick, that’s how much his stock is falling.

Projection: 1st round pick

4. Aaron Murray, Georgia

Murray really came on as a sophomore in 2011, completing 59 percent of his passes for 3,149 yards, 35 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He has improved upon that this season, completing 66 percent of his passes for 3201 yards, 30 touchdowns, and only 7 interceptions. He has shown great knowledge of the pro-style offense and has a good arm to make all the throws. The big knock on Murray is his height. But short QBs have started to come on lately (Brees, Russell Wilson), so he could easily sneak into the 1st round with a good pro day.

Projection: 1st to 3rd round pick

5. Mike Glennon, N.C. State

Glennon has the best arm out of the top-5 QBs. He has drawn a lot of Joe Flacco comparisons this season. This season he has completed 57 percent of his passes for 3,648 yards, 30 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. If he can work on his accuracy and decision making, he can be a very successful NFL quarterback with his rocket-arm and good mechanics.

Projection: 2nd round pick

Mr_Tomahawk
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
FAP 4 WILSON - SAVEOURCHIEFS

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
FAP 4 WILSON - SAVEOURCHIEFS

ROFL

philfree
12-06-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.kcchiefsdraft.com/2012/12/geno-smith-isnt-rgiii/#more-2594

Geno Smith Isn’t RGIII

December 6th, 2012

Who does Geno Smith remind you of? (Photo: goldandbluezone.com)

KCCD Writer: Jonathan Hake

All over Kansas City, and the surrounding areas, fans are discussing the future of the Chiefs quarterback position. As fans we often try to compare players to others that came before so that we can better understand what to expect. Expecting Geno Smith to live up to RGIII is asking him to fulfill very large shoes that really don’t fit well.

Geno Smith is my top QB of the 2013 NFL draft but he isn’t Robert Griffin III. He isn’t Jason Campbell, Ben Rothlisberger, or Andrew Luck. These comparisons put unfair expectations on players and what they can or will do in their time with the team. The more important question is why are people making these connections?

Robert Griffin and Geno both got out to a very fast start their senior years. They have shown an ability to protect the ball and avoid interceptions. Both play in an up tempo spread offense that focuses on a lot of screens, options, and quick outs. They both have also shown an ability to punish a defense with the deep pass. These are the similarities but what are the differences?

Griffin will absolutely destroy you with his legs while Geno can scramble if it is the last resort or if the defense makes him an offer he can’t refuse. Baylor ran designed run plays for Griffin due to his ability to take any run to the house. Griffin has one of the best arms we have seen coming out of college and is a once in a generation prospect. Geno Smith has the potential to be in the elite QB category. He isn’t there yet and he isn’t nearly as close as RG III was coming out of college but the potential is there.

Jason Campbell is an understandable comparison and the worst case scenario for Geno. A player with the talent to start who needed a few seasons to put it together but never truly got a shot with a stable team. Campbell has been a player that has shown to be capable when shoved into the fire but never truly been “the guy.” He will run if you give him five yards and thank you for the free yards. Campbell has a strong arm and has enough accuracy to make almost any throw on the field. Campbell was missing a few traits that I believe Geno has: Geno’s release is quicker, he makes better pre snap reads, and he dissects a defense and punishes them for making mistakes. Campbell has always been a first read kind of quarterback especially coming out of college.

Ben Roethlisberger also was not the prospect that Geno Smith currently is. Roethlisberger has every bit the arm that Smith has but the way he made his throws coming into the draft needed improvement. Both Geno and Big Ben needed work with their footwork but Ben’s footwork was compounded by a slow release and a tendency for balls to wobble on him.

Geno throws tight spirals and a release that is only rivaled by Griffin’s in recent history. Roethlisberger had the added benefit of being huge and the ability to feel the pocket extremely well. He can bounce off of hits and give himself room to make those big plays. He needed the room because of the release and footwork but over the years he has become a much better technical passer.

Who does Geno Smith remind me of when I watch him play, Sam Bradford. They played in shotgun offenses in college, can make any throw on the field when given time, and are very good at recognizing and punishing a defense when they make a mistake. Bradford was a step ahead of Geno in his progression but the way they move in the pocket and the quick release they possess translates well to the NFL.

Bradford was a surefire prospect by many leading up to the 2010 draft. Bradford has had his challenges in the NFL, including injuries. He’s had to deal with multiple coaching and system changes which has led to him seeming uncomfortable in the pocket. He also has had very few weapons at his disposal in St. Louis. Bradford possesses a very calm demeanor he almost appears to not care. Smith doesn’t possess this quality. He is very animated when things go badly and equally as animated when things go well.

The key with drafting Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley will be surrounding them with the right team and system. The team must be talented enough to support the QB and the system has to be catered to their strengths. Stability will become a necessity for at least the next three seasons. That is why a complete rebuild will need to take place this offseason.
If you allow Pioli to stay and hire another head coach then you must be committed to him for the next three seasons at least. Head coach, offensive coordinator, and the offensive system need to be stable and allow the new QB the opportunity to use his talents. Can Clark Hunt look at the talent on this team and the performance on the field and say that the GM has done a good enough job to warrant another hire. If that decision is made then the organization needs to be committed and allow the next hires a chance to succeed.

There you go.

I disagree with that notion. We have a young ascending O line that's only going to get better so I don't see where a complete rebuild is needed. We probably need to add a weapon or two but behind our rushing attack a young QB should be able to thrive. Geno Smith making the reads when the D is stacking the box sounds like a beautiful thing to me.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Josh Freeman has had a really good season.

And his team still isn't winning enough for him to be anywhere near a top QB in the league. But he's come a long way this season, and I don't think anyone still considers him a potential bust.

He has clearly shown he has the ability this year to be a top QB. They need to turn in the wins for that to happen, though.

EDIT: just checked Freeman's stats in 2010 and actually they were really good. Freeman is the opposite of Cassel. Both had career years in 2010, made the playoffs at 10-6 with a new coach, and had mediocre to shit years before and after.

The difference now appears that the good year was a fluke for Cassel and the bad years a fluke for Freeman.

First off Cassel Sucks and I don't want him here never have never will. But there is something that we probably should all be somewhat thankful for.
That is that Weis didn't stick around or that we didn't bring in another OC that would have called plays and designed an offense solely around what Cassel can do.
Ironically that is probably/should be what we all want for our up and coming 1st round QB.

Coogs
12-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Jason Campbell is an understandable comparison

except for the...

Geno’s release is quicker, he makes better pre snap reads, and he dissects a defense and punishes them for making mistakes.

thing!

the Talking Can
12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
wilson is the only acceptable option if we fuck up getting smith...he has legit tools...

i have come 180 on barkley, he just looks maxed out...he can't pressure college defenses with his arm, what's he going to do with in the nfl?

if we waited 30 years for a QB and it is landry or murray I will hunt and kill black retard, then shoot myself in the face at a Whataburger drive-thru

keg in kc
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Agree....Jones, Murray or Barkley...do not want!!!

Bowser
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
wilson is the only acceptable option if we fuck up getting smith...he has legit tools...

i have come 180 on barkley, he just looks maxed out...he can't pressure college defenses with his arm, what's he going to do with in the nfl?

if we waited 30 years for a QB and it is landry or murray I will hunt and kill black retard, then shoot myself in the face at a Whataburger drive-thru

WTF LMAO

philfree
12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
WTF LMAO

Kind of makes a guy long for Jones or Murray doesn't it. :D

Chiefnj2
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry, but I don't see the Geno and Bradford comparison.

-King-
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM

GTFO.

AFC West.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
AFC West.

LOL

And 2010 was NFC West.

Buckweath
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM

He will win a SB.

Disagree. He's a top 15 QB.

BossChief
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
The Black Troy Aikman.

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Can we stop talking about Josh Freeman? There isn't a less interesting QB out there in the NFL.

Maybe if he played for a team that I had an opinion about

dallaschiefsfan
12-06-2012, 04:31 PM
I expect Tyler Wilson to jump up the draft boards by the time all the bowls are played and the combine is finished.

Sorter
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
1. Geno-KC
2. Wilson-Jags/Oakland
3. Star/Jones/Werner

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I expect Tyler Wilson to jump up the draft boards by the time all the bowls are played and the combine is finished.

You expecting him to wow in his bowl game?

Oh wait...

ModSocks
12-06-2012, 04:50 PM

They all will.

Just like last year. Wilson, Smith and Barkley will all go top 15.

dallaschiefsfan
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
You expecting him to wow in his bowl game?

Oh wait...

Senior Bowl you idiot.

dallaschiefsfan
12-06-2012, 04:55 PM
They all will.

Just like last year. Wilson, Smith and Barkley will all go top 15.

I actually think that Barkley has pretty much set his trajectory. I'm not sure that his stock will rise much at this point. Having said that, I'm not down on him like others. I'd take him if we traded down. But I'd also take another QB in round 2 or 3, depending on how many extra picks we had.

htismaqe
12-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Senior Bowl you idiot.

That's not what you said.

And it was a joke.

Pussy.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 05:04 PM
probably my preference

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Tyler Bray (presumably with our 2nd?)

(don't really know about Nassib and Glennon)

just really question any real NFL success for Barkley and Jones ... i suppose if Barkley really does fall into the 2nd/3rd round.

okcchief
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
OU fans hate him....

They hate the fact that he has proven he cant handle pressure or big games.

He turns the ball over or Cassels with the slighest bit of pressure... Also stated that since he got married. His failth and wife are more important than football..

But what the hell do OU fans know. Most of them hate the guy and are ready to see him leave...

Yet they never blame their offensive line being utter shit or the defense giving up huge numbers. He's also had very little running game the last 2 years. I've been a huge Jones doubter but recently I've began to wonder because I think their offensive coaching stinks. He can make all the throws and puts the ball on the money to help those short passes go for long gains. I do wonder about his toughness, but I think he's a solid late 1st round early second round pick. I still prefer Geno or Wilson, but I honestly think he's probably as good as anyone after that.

saphojunkie
12-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I'll compare Geno Smith to someone.

Aaron Rodgers.

Boom. Suck it.

NJChiefsFan
12-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Aaron Rodgers.

Boom. Suck it.

Isn't Rodgers white? Obvious comparison fail.

Sorter
12-06-2012, 06:10 PM

Aaron Rodgers.

Boom. Suck it.

I've already made this comparison. Watch their movements in the pocket.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/130874/thumbs/s-TOM-BRADY-COMEBACK-PLAYER-YEAR-large.jpg

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/1002/ncf_g_smith_bl_600.jpg

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 06:11 PM

Aaron Rodgers.

Boom. Suck it.
nah

Smith is tall,lanky and has a longer delivery

not talking talent, but the way they play

rodgers seems more mobile to me too

not comparing talent level

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I've already made this comparison. Watch their movements in the pocket.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/130874/thumbs/s-TOM-BRADY-COMEBACK-PLAYER-YEAR-large.jpg

http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/1002/ncf_g_smith_bl_600.jpg

not even close, totally different

RealSNR
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I just think Geno Smith looks like Jamarcus Russell when he place.

Don't challenge me or call me a racist. It's just my opinion.

Sorter
12-06-2012, 06:18 PM

You're right.

Geno really compares to Steve McNair when I think about it...

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 06:29 PM
nah

Smith is tall,lanky Smith 6-3 220/Rodgers 6-2 225

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Huh?

Sorter
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Huh?

Geno's release, throwing motion, movements within the pocket, jersey number, 1 glove philosophy, are all different than Tom's.

Really, he's way more similar to Warren Moon.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Geno's release, throwing motion, movements within the pocket, jersey number, 1 glove philosophy, are all different than Tom's.

Agreed

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 06:59 PM
smith almost reminds me a little of Flacco too

(not talent)

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 07:08 PM
went back and looked at some Moon Youtube highlights and their deeps balls look very similar

Mr. Laz
12-06-2012, 07:08 PM
smith almost reminds me a little of Flacco too

(not talent)

nah ... take that back.

just looked at Flacco and it's not the same

saphojunkie
12-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Geno moves far better than Brady, but he grew up watching him and trying to imitate him, IIRC.

I still compare him to Rodgers, because I think he is that capable of beating defenses anywhere n the field.

Setsuna
12-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Lawl. Von Miller is the only LB worth a top 5 pick. There won't be anyone else like him for another 20 years probably.

TLO
12-07-2012, 05:13 AM
If we don't get Geno or Wilson I give up.

We are going do draft a fullback 1st overall or something.. smh

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Lawl. Von Miller is the only LB worth a top 5 pick. There won't be anyone else like him for another 20 years probably.

Von Miller isn't a "LB".

Pass rushers, whether the play DE or OLB, are ALWAYS worth top 5 picks. That's where you get guys like Derrick Thomas.

Nightfyre
12-07-2012, 08:31 AM

I was watching a special on nfl network that featured warren moon and found myself making the comparison. But! Player comparisons are stupid.

MahiMike
12-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm stoked! A 1st round QB since 1983. And this time there's a rookie salary cap! Absolutely no risk.

mcaj22
12-07-2012, 09:57 AM

if i was a team in the top 5 that needed pass rush help id absolutely consider Jarvis Jones no matter if its a reach or not.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 10:47 AM
if i was a team in the top 5 that needed pass rush help id absolutely consider Jarvis Jones no matter if its a reach or not.

Yep.

Pass rushers are a premium position.

Rasputin
12-07-2012, 11:28 AM
You're right.

Geno really compares to Steve McNair when I think about it...

Or...Super Bowl MVP XXII Doug Williams
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa96/cincopenny/williams.jpg

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/KCTattoo58/hi-res-153039825_crop_exact.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
HE IS ALL BLACK QBS EVERYWHERE AND FROM EVERY ERA SIMULTANEOUSLY

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
HE IS ALL BLACK QBS EVERYWHERE AND FROM EVERY ERA SIMULTANEOUSLY

http://www.raiders.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/2011/061911-evans-story.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Reminds me a LOT of Ted White.

http://chiefscards.com/images/cards/watermarks/49/4925/500/492542_1_500x500.jpg

Rausch
12-07-2012, 12:03 PM
http://www.raiders.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/2011/061911-evans-story.jpg

Dude, Vance Evans was a very respectable no 2.

Why the hate?...

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Dude, Vance Evans was a very respectable no 2.

Why the hate?...

ROFL

Rausch
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
ROFL

I'm just shocked anyone knows who he is...:D

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 12:08 PM
How can people say the Planet is dying when Rausch and htismaqe are sitting around talking shit on Vince Evans?

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm just shocked anyone knows who he is...:D

I just figured everybody knows Vince Evans, the greatest backup in the history of the NFL.