PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rich Eisen on Chiefs' front office

saphojunkie
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Did a search, and don't think this is a repost.

This morning on Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen was talking about the various coaching/GM changes coming at the end of the year.

He said that everyone knows that San Diego is going to have a complete regime change, as well as Philadelphia (let the Andy Reid to KC debate commence).

Additionally, he thought that Carolina was in line for a regime change, and "depending on how the next couple of weeks shape up, Dallas could be looking at a complete change, too." (I assume he means everyone but the actual problem, Jerry Jones.)

Then he said, "And, despite recent events, the situation of the last week, I think you're looking at a complete change in Kansas City. I'm not trying to be callous, it's just a football thing."

Dan Patrick gave a "yeah..." as in, "sucks, but...yeah."

The nice thing was that he was speaking in terms of what people around the league know/expect. This wasn't his opinion of what SHOULD happen, but what is going to happen.

I am hoping that we are all just nervous nellies, and the truth is no one keeps their jobs at 2-14. This season has been a spectacular failure in every meaning of the word and in ways no one has ever seen before. I have hope that we are looking at a total overhaul of franchise leadership.

And I, for one, do not think that Clark Hunt is the problem. I'm sure that puts me in the minority here, but I think the free agent cock-ups have been more about arrogance and bad talent evaluation than they have penny-pinching. That's just me. I think he knows what has to be done and will do it.

Besides, if you're Pioli or Crennel, at this point do you even WANT to stay?

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
You need to listen to BarrysKoolaid. He said Pioli signed a contract extension and will not be fired.

buddha
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
And I, for one, do not think that Clark Hunt is the problem. I'm sure that puts me in the minority here, but I think the free agent cock-ups have been more about arrogance and bad talent evaluation than they have penny-pinching. That's just me. I think he knows what has to be done and will do it.

sophojunkie, it's not even debatable at this point that Clark Hunt is a HUGE part of the problem. Don't believe me? How many million are the Chiefs under the salary cap right now? That by itself indicates that Hunt isn't in this to win...he is in it simple to make a buck.

mcaj22
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
get paid top money to be one of the highest paid GMs in the league

do whatever you want like its a Madden video game and control a real NFL football franchise with your huge giant ego

I mean, why wouldnt Pioli want to stay. He has control of a whole cities sports franchise, he can wake up and walk into his office and on a grumpy day fire an employee under him to feel better about himself.

he can look at the roster and cut/add scrubs for sake of just being bored.

he gets paid a lot of money to pencil push and do what any guy off the street could do in four years and get the same results

why wouldnt he want to stay. he has a team by the balls and will never get a better situation, full control and power like this of an NFL franchise ever again

notorious
12-07-2012, 12:48 PM
On "The Herd" they listed all of the upcoming coaching vacancies.

KC was not mentioned, but that's probably due to them not giving a fuck about a shit franchise.

WV
12-07-2012, 12:49 PM
You need to listen to BarrysKoolaid. He said Pioli signed a contract extension and will not be fired.

Doesn't everyone listen to Barry? LMAO

Red Beans

This comment needs to be rerouted to the "Meth is bad" thread.

Bowser
Truth of the matter is that this front office and coaching staff sealed their fates well before the whole Belcher incident.

If Clark chooses to retain everyone next year, he is flat out incompetent.

alpha_omega
12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
The only sportscaster i hate worse than Rich Eisen is...Dan Patrick.

Bowser
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM

He's one entertaining crackhead, for sure.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2012, 12:52 PM

I'd pay to spit in that dudes mouth and step on his sack.

Fuck him.

Red Beans
12-07-2012, 12:52 PM
This comment needs to be rerouted to the "Meth is bad" thread.

Because Barry loves the meth...

Red Beans
12-07-2012, 12:55 PM

**** him.

http://i50.tinypic.com/263tqiq.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Take a listen everyone. Pioli will be back. GUARANTEED.

http://i.imgur.com/rZiGS.jpg

Fast forward to 28:00 FOR THE TRUTH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ONBEuF7SOos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mojo Jojo
12-07-2012, 12:59 PM
With all the lawsuits that go to trial in February against...that is going to cost Clark a lot of money, I think Pioli and Donovan are also named, so they will be forking out a lot of money too. I would think Clark would want to get those guys out of the way and settle his part.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ONBEuF7SOos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barry reviewed a MOUNTAIN of information.

Bowser
12-07-2012, 01:12 PM
38+ minutes of Barry'scrackaddiction? Yeah, fuck that.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 01:13 PM
sophojunkie, it's not even debatable at this point that Clark Hunt is a HUGE part of the problem. Don't believe me? How many million are the Chiefs under the salary cap right now? That by itself indicates that Hunt isn't in this to win...he is in it simple to make a buck.

We'd all love to believe Clark is cheap but the simple fact is that this team is in the top 10 in cash spending.

The idea that Clark is cheap just isn't true, no matter how much we want it to be.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 01:14 PM
38+ minutes of Fece'scrackaddiction? Yeah, fuck that.

Just tune in at the 28-minute mark for comedy gold.

Most of that podcast is just audio he ripped off the SAVE OUR CHIEFS youtube page. Irony.

ChiefsCountry
With all the lawsuits that go to trial in February against...that is going to cost Clark a lot of money, I think Pioli and Donovan are also named, so they will be forking out a lot of money too. I would think Clark would want to get those guys out of the way and settle his part.

Whats the word on the business side with Donovan? How do the sponsors like dealing with him? I know he was in charge of Eagles TV before he came here and its obivious with what the Chiefs have done with 65TPT.

BigMeatballDave

Fuck that dickbag. Listening to that tool makes me want to kick babies.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Just tune in at the 28-minute mark for comedy gold.

Most of that podcast is just audio he ripped off the SAVE OUR CHIEFS youtube page. Irony.

His needless use of the words "fucking cunt" forced me to shut it off.

He's an idiot.

Titty Meat
12-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Clay is friends with him and they have a deal where Clay promotes Barry on here.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Clay is friends with him and they have a deal where Clay promotes Barry on here.

No, we're not friends. He burned that bridge a month ago.

Now he's a clown and we're going to laugh at him.

mdchiefsfan
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM

**** him.

Crackheads will do anything for a buck or two. Call in to his uncensored podcast and make a deal, the lines won't be that busy.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

What happened?

Frankie
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
He said that everyone knows that San Diego is going to have a complete regime change, as well as Philadelphia (let the Andy Reid to KC debate commence).
Reid has a residence between LA and San Diego. It's WAY more likely that he's the Chargers next HC.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 01:31 PM
What happened?

Dragged his teeth...

Marcellus
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Except you completely missed where Clark has never put spending restrictions on Pioli. Pioli has even stated this in interviews.

Next you missed the part where the Chiefs are spending large amounts of cash regardless of salary cap number which is a bunch of bullshit anyway.

Before you say something isn't debatable you may want o be sure you have good info.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
What happened?

He didn't like SOC and started taking giant shits on me.

Then he "apologized."

When I didn't immediately accept that apology the shitting resumed.

So...fuck that guy.

keg in kc
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
These...are the Days of Our Lives.

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
He didn't like SOC and started taking giant shits on me.

Then he "apologized."

When I didn't immediately accept that apology the shitting resumed.

So...fuck that guy.

I think that dickbag is just jealous he didn't come up with this idea for SOC.

What is this turd gonna say if Pioli is gone?

Ace Gunner
12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Okay Wendler, this is a national media speculating. I'll give you that even tho.

Count me uninspired. Hunt & fam have too much track laying out another season or two before they will make the move.

Hammock Parties
I think that dickbag is just jealous he didn't come up with this idea for SOC.

What is this turd gonna say if Pioli is gone?

Nothing, because no one calls him on his bullshit.

Hammock Parties
Okay Wendler, this is a national media speculating. I'll give you that even tho.

Count me uninspired. Hunt & fam have too much track laying out another season or two before they will make the move.

When your boils fester and explode, I'll be the first one laughing.

GoChargers
12-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Reid has a residence between LA and San Diego. It's WAY more likely that he's the Chargers next HC.

FWIW, Acee says it's probably not going to be Reid. There were also rumors of Chip Kelly being spotted in San Diego.

I'm thinking Reid goes to the Cowboys. He's the perfect puppet coach for Jerruh and the rumors have already started.

HemiEd
12-07-2012, 01:54 PM
We'd all love to believe Clark is cheap but the simple fact is that this team is in the top 10 in cash spending.

The idea that Clark is cheap just isn't true, no matter how much we want it to be.

There you go with those darn facts again.

Sorter
12-07-2012, 02:02 PM

Now he's a clown and we're going to laugh at him.

You used to be friends with that guy?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l17wwhdz1qhlyu6o1_400.gif

Hammock Parties
12-07-2012, 02:04 PM
You used to be friends with that guy?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l17wwhdz1qhlyu6o1_400.gif

I tried to be his friend.

-King-
12-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Fuck him.

Come on man. No one wants to hear about your fetishes. :)

Ace Gunner
12-07-2012, 02:16 PM
When your boils fester and explode, I'll be the first one laughing.

:D allow me to take this time toROFL

whoman69
12-07-2012, 02:27 PM

We've had 4 double digit loss seasons since Clark took over. Its been a dumpster fire for most of his reign. He has totally passed off control of the team to Pioli. The only thing he does is count his money.

Raiderhater
12-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Dragged his teeth...

LMAO

O.city
12-07-2012, 02:43 PM
All this stuff about Hunt.

Didn't he do exactly what we wanted him to do when he took over? He completely changed everything in the organization. An organization that was known for mediocrity, but also known for it's fans accepting that mediocrity and fillling the stands.

Had it been all about money, he could have stayed the course with Carl and kept banging out 9-7 win seasons.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2012, 02:54 PM

This morning on Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen was talking about the various coaching/GM changes coming at the end of the year.
Then he said, "And, despite recent events, the situation of the last week, I think you're looking at a complete change in Kansas City. I'm not trying to be callous, it's just a football thing."

The nice thing was that he was speaking in terms of what people around the league know/expect. This wasn't his opinion of what SHOULD happen, but what is going to happen.

I don't think Clark is the problem, either. I think a really bad investment was made, and that maybe that extra money was/is being held to right the ship in the face of complete and catastrophic failure by said mistake whom we hired.

(Now THAT'S some positive thinking!)

Come on Clark, prove ol' Dad( me )right.

mcaj22
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
it is Clarks problem

look at his soccer teams. He practically invented the entire MLS and after 17 seasons and running two teams he has ONE TITLE to show for it.

ONE.

It's the same model he adopts with the Chiefs.

Raiderhater
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Didn't he do exactly what we wanted him to do when he took over? He completely changed everything in the organization. An organization that was known for mediocrity, but also known for it's fans accepting that mediocrity and fillling the stands.

Had it been all about money, he could have stayed the course with Carl and kept banging out 9-7 win seasons.

Shhhhh! No one wants to hear things like this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2012, 03:03 PM
it is Clarks problem

look at his soccer teams. He practically invented the entire MLS and after 17 seasons and running two teams he has ONE TITLE to show for it.

ONE.

I stand by my theory. It's a happy fucking theory, and I'm going with it.:harumph:

Chief_For_Life58
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
pioli will be here next year to ruin our franchise some more because he doesnt see ggge value of jamal charles or tamba hali or dwayne bowe or derrick johnson. he doesnt care about football. hell if u asked him who is favorite chiefs player was hed prolly say tony g cus he doesnt know anyone elses name

ModSocks
12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
His needless use of the words "****ing ****" forced me to shut it off.

He's an idiot.

LMAO

What's da matta?

Can't handle his "uncensored" truth? Feces is Raw and uncut, delivering EXTREME opinions to the brainwashed KC football fan.

Clearly, he is far too hardcore for you.

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2012, 03:37 PM
LMAO

What's da matta?

Can't handle his "uncensored" truth? Feces is Raw and uncut, delivering EXTREME opinions to the brainwashed KC football fan.

LMAO

ROFL:clap:

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2012, 03:40 PM
it is Clarks problem

ONE.

Actual the Hunts have two championships in MLS.

DTLB58
12-07-2012, 03:42 PM
On "The Herd" they listed all of the upcoming coaching vacancies.

KC was not mentioned, but that's probably due to them not giving a **** about a shit franchise.

Yea, there are several times on national show KC isn't mentioned when new HC/GM jobs are mentioned and franchise QB's also. The other day when Barkley was on DP he teased him at the end of the show talk to you in the spring after Jacksonville drafts you.

ModSocks
12-07-2012, 03:44 PM

It's an inconvenient truth.

Clark fired the incumbent seat filler after years of shitty football, hired the hottest name in the business and gave him the fatest contract of any GM. Timer after time, it's been proven that the Chiefs are a top 10 cash spender, meaning there is tons of money coming out of Clark's wallet.

Yet Fans wanna call him cheap and incompetent when all of the evidence points to the contrary.

Strongside
12-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Well if Barry said it then it's true.

htismaqe
12-07-2012, 03:54 PM
LMAO

What's da matta?

LMAO

:)

MahiMike
12-07-2012, 04:09 PM
No better time to get a new GM than when you're picking your QBOTF.

Strongside
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
No better time to get a new GM than when you're picking your QBOTF.

And no better time to pick your QBOTF than when you don't have Scott Pioli.

The Franchise
12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Just stopping in to say Fuck Barry.

Ok....I'm out.

TEX
12-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Additionally, he thought that Carolina was in line for a regime change, and "depending on how the next couple of weeks shape up, Dallas could be looking at a complete change, too." (I assume he means everyone but the actual problem, Jerry Jones.)

I am hoping that we are all just nervous nellies, and the truth is no one keeps their jobs at 2-14. This season has been a spectacular failure in every meaning of the word and in ways no one has ever seen before. I have hope that we are looking at a total overhaul of franchise leadership.

I think you nailed it. I'd just like to add that makes no difference how they finish - 2-10 or 6-10 this has been a disaster for a season. when you consider that's it's YEAR 4 UNDER PIOLI, he deserves no pass.

RINGLEADER
12-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Pioli convinced himself that Cassel played well once against mediocre talent, so that means he could (should) do it again. He was wrong and a two-win season is the result.

KCTitus
12-07-2012, 08:18 PM
And no better time to pick your QBOTF than when you don't have Scott Pioli.

FTR, Scott Pioli drafted All World QB Tom Brady in the 6th round...just sayin.

hometeam
12-07-2012, 08:44 PM
FTR, Scott Pioli drafted All World QB Tom Brady in the 6th round...just sayin.

I have always heard its better to be lucky than good.

MotherfuckerJones
12-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Barry's HIVaid is a cock addict