PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ESPN radio hosts mock transgender college ball player

scho63
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
This has got to be the ugliest and scariest looking women I've seen.

HeShe is 50 years old, was a dude, had his balls and dong clipped, and now plays for a women's college team in California. (Where else but in the land of fruits and nuts!)

This is gross..........:eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/gabrielle-ludwig-transgender-basketball-mocked-espn-radio_n_2276979.html

UPDATE: Steve Czaban and Andy Pollin were temporarily suspended from hosting their show, USA Today reported late Tuesday.

A gay sports outlet has called for the suspension of ESPN Radio/Washington D.C. hosts Steve Czaban and Andy Pollin for mocking transgender college basketball player Gabrielle Ludwig. (Hear the segment above.)

Ludwig, 50, of Fremont, Calif., earned national attention last week when she made her debut for Mission College in the Bay Area 32 years after playing as a man in college. (Watch the video below.)

Outsports says Czaban and Pollin committed a flagrant foul on their Thursday show, referring to Ludwig as "he/she" and "it" while making snide remarks about her appearance.

The news outlet also cited Czaban's conclusion that transgender athletes should not play sports: ”Whatever you’ve got to do to scratch that inner itch and quell those inner demons, that’s fine," he said. "But don’t go playing sports then. And don’t go playing sports saying, ‘but I’ve go the rights of everyone else.' "

Outsports wrote:
"There is simply no legitimate reaction the station could possibly have but to suspend everyone involved. These are disgusting comments of the highest order, meant to demean another human being who has broken no rules and no laws. These men are a disgrace to their profession, and they should be suspended without pay."
The two hosts issued a brief apology on Monday. Chuck Sapienza, the station's vice president for programming, told USA Today the hosts' remarks were "extremely insensitive" and dealt with swiftly, but he could not disclose any punishment.

Stewie
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Liam says, "That's a handsome woman!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Liam_Neeson_TIFF_2008.jpg/220px-Liam_Neeson_TIFF_2008.jpg

listopencil
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Don't people have limited college eligibility? Or maybe that's some NCAA rule and this college isn't part of the NCAA?

ModSocks
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
OMFG

It has a bad ass Tribal Wolf Tatt.

ModSocks
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Liam says, "That's a handsome woman!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Liam_Neeson_TIFF_2008.jpg/220px-Liam_Neeson_TIFF_2008.jpg

/thread

Titty Meat
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
That's gross

Titty Meat
Too fat/ Omaha

htismaqe
Jesus, think she has a competitive advantage?

Crush
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I just threw up. That's fucking disgusting.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
MAN HANDS

Marcellus
12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Jesus, think she has a competitive advantage?

Somebody at that college had to think that was good idea.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Somebody at that college had to think that was good idea.

Yep.

"Hey, let's get a center that's 12" taller than every other player in our league. And she's built like a man too!"

Chief Roundup
Freaks can't handle being called Freaks. Fat people can't handle being called Fat and so on. Almost no matter how a person phrases what they say it is still wrong.
Everyone else has to change or except it, but not the people that changed or have a different perception of reality.

Munson
That's a huuuuuuge bitch! ROFL

Crush
12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
THE LACES WERE IN!!!

Gadzooks
It's teamates are nappy headed hoes

Hog's Gone Fishin
Boar semen > Huge Bitch

ImAWalkingCorpse
12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Boar semen > Huge Bitch

http://05.images.fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/thats-a-man-baby-.jpg

BlackHelicopters
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Can she/he read a defense and throw more than a five yard out pass?

scho63
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Can she/he read a defense and throw more than a five yard out pass?

:thumb:

HeShe definitely looks like HeShe belongs on the football team or as a shot putter!

Bugeater
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh good grief. Was anyone besides the gay sports outlet offended?

FAX
12-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I hope Mr. frazod has his glasses tonight.

FAX

Reaper16
12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Questioning the competitiveness and sportsmanship of allowing her to play = fair game, worth discussing

Calling her "it" and "he/she" and whatever other epithets they used = not okay.

aturnis
12-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Do what you want to the "body", it still ain't a Ferrari...

big nasty kcnut
12-12-2012, 07:41 PM
finkle is ehinhorn ehinhorn is finkle. ehinhorn is a man.

Toadkiller
12-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Questioning the competitiveness and sportsmanship of allowing her to play = fair game, worth discussing

:thumb::bravo:

cosmo20002
12-12-2012, 07:59 PM
This has got to be the ugliest and scariest looking women I've seen.

HeShe is 50 years old, was a dude, had his balls and dong clipped, and now plays for a women's college team in California. (Where else but in the land of fruits and nuts!)

This is gross..........:eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/11/gabrielle-ludwig-transgender-basketball-mocked-espn-radio_n_2276979.html

UPDATE: Steve Czaban and Andy Pollin were temporarily suspended from hosting their show, USA Today reported late Tuesday.

A gay sports outlet has called for the suspension of ESPN Radio/Washington D.C. hosts Steve Czaban and Andy Pollin for mocking transgender college basketball player Gabrielle Ludwig. (Hear the segment above.)

Ludwig, 50, of Fremont, Calif., earned national attention last week when she made her debut for Mission College in the Bay Area 32 years after playing as a man in college. (Watch the video below.)

Outsports says Czaban and Pollin committed a flagrant foul on their Thursday show, referring to Ludwig as "he/she" and "it" while making snide remarks about her appearance.

The news outlet also cited Czaban's conclusion that transgender athletes should not play sports: ”Whatever you’ve got to do to scratch that inner itch and quell those inner demons, that’s fine," he said. "But don’t go playing sports then. And don’t go playing sports saying, ‘but I’ve go the rights of everyone else.' "

Outsports wrote:
"There is simply no legitimate reaction the station could possibly have but to suspend everyone involved. These are disgusting comments of the highest order, meant to demean another human being who has broken no rules and no laws. These men are a disgrace to their profession, and they should be suspended without pay."
The two hosts issued a brief apology on Monday. Chuck Sapienza, the station's vice president for programming, told USA Today the hosts' remarks were "extremely insensitive" and dealt with swiftly, but he could not disclose any punishment.

Bring in for a look?

Frazod
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I hope Mr. frazod has his glasses tonight.

FAX

A. Bite me

B. At first I thought it was Liam Neeson in drag. Ugh.

mikey23545
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Outsports wrote:

Oh, grow a pair for cripes sake.

Saul Good
12-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Agreed.

I wouldn't have a problem if they referred to this person as "he" or "she", but "he/she" is intentionally dehumanizing. Nobody deserves that.

Chiefaholic
12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, grow a pair for cripes sake.

They did and they're kept in a glass jar over the fireplace mantel.

Chiefaholic
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Agreed.

I wouldn't have a problem if they referred to this person as "he" or "she", but "he/she" is intentionally dehumanizing. Nobody deserves that.

Rashaan Shehee would disagree

Chief3188
12-12-2012, 08:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fdejJGbaRV8/TC6uC0Y_iyI/AAAAAAAAA4U/5PPlVfuYN2E/s1600/ladybugs.png

http://splitsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ladybugs.jpg

A Salt Weapon
12-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I support the radio hosts and if I owned espn I would have given them a promotion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM
probably wants her boyfriend to watch someone sex her in the butthole from POF

Saul Good
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
probably wants her boyfriend to watch someone sex her in the butthole from POF

There's a Plenty of Fish joke in there somewhere, but I don't really want to go there.

Lonewolf Ed
12-12-2012, 08:45 PM
The Bride of Frankenstein lives!

pr_capone
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM

agreed

jjjayb
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM

He/she chose to cut his/her balls off. He/She made the choice. They should be able to say whatever the fuck they want to. She needs to grow a pair back.

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2012, 12:22 AM

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA

TLO
12-13-2012, 12:29 AM
ROFLThere's a Plenty of Fish joke in there somewhere, but I don't really want to go there.

Cephalic Trauma
12-13-2012, 12:31 AM
He/she chose to cut his/her balls off. He/She made the choice. They should be able to say whatever the **** they want to. She needs to grow a pair back.

Totally, man. Because he (at the time) just woke up one day and decided to "chop his balls off". Like, "****, these things are gettin heavy. Maybe I'll try to be a woman for a while."

:rolleyes:

T-post Tom
12-13-2012, 03:04 AM
The fans found this whole affair, "inspirational"? Really? :hmmm:

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Totally, man. Because he (at the time) just woke up one day and decided to "chop his balls off". Like, "****, these things are gettin heavy. Maybe I'll try to be a woman for a while."

:rolleyes:

I would imagine it was something more along the lines of always feeling like they are the other sex mentally and then finally deciding to change. (edit)

I will say this, if you do a thing like this, you better be somebody ready to handle the heat that comes from it. If they break down whenever they hear a thing said about them then what the hell were they thinking? That being said....

I am not a big P.C. person. To me my issue wouldn't be with PC but with not being consistent with your own standards. If you are somebody that calls anyone out and easily throws them in a harsh joke then this falls in the same boat. If you wouldn't call an ugly woman "it" on the radio then I don't think you should call this person "it" either. My moral line as a boss would be there. If we are a show where you can't make a person feel like less than a person, then this is off limits. If we are a show where all bets are always off, then whatever.

I just don't think that because this person decides they want to switch that it means we are morally off the hook for treating them different than we treat other people. Again, I don't see it as PC but more just being consistent. If you treat others with respect due to morals, then I think you should do the same in this case or I think you are contradicting yourself imho. Their choice to switch doesn't remove that moral obligation you had prior to the switch. If everyone is fair game to you, then fine, this is too.

Fire Me Boy!
12-13-2012, 04:28 AM

This.

Fire Me Boy!
12-13-2012, 04:29 AM
I would imagine it was something more along the lines of always feeling like they would prefer to be the other and then finally deciding to change.

That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read here.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 04:49 AM
That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read here.

Prefer is not the word I meant and not what I wanted to imply. I meant that the feeling that you are a girl not a boy, not that they just have a preference.

jspchief
12-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Steve Czaban used to have a really good show with Andrew Siciliano a long time ago, and then one day boom, he was gone. I never could find out what he did to make him fall off the map. I don't think he's been back in radio for all that long.

WhiteWhale
12-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Freaks can't handle being called Freaks. Fat people can't handle being called Fat and so on. Almost no matter how a person phrases what they say it is still wrong.
Everyone else has to change or except it, but not the people that changed or have a different perception of reality.

Yeah, and breast cancer survivors can't handle being called titless, and testicular cancer survivors dislike being called 'uno'.

GEEZ! Get a sense of humor about it!!!

Dumbass.

People have enough problems without assholes like you piling on and then pretending it's a form of honesty.

Iowanian
12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
I guess that will teach him not to fight with Mohillbilly's best jersey bull.

Saul Good
12-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I would imagine it was something more along the lines of always feeling like they are the other sex mentally and then finally deciding to change. (edit)

I will say this, if you do a thing like this, you better be somebody ready to handle the heat that comes from it. If they break down whenever they hear a thing said about them then what the hell were they thinking? That being said....

I am not a big P.C. person. To me my issue wouldn't be with PC but with not being consistent with your own standards. If you are somebody that calls anyone out and easily throws them in a harsh joke then this falls in the same boat. If you wouldn't call an ugly woman "it" on the radio then I don't think you should call this person "it" either. My moral line as a boss would be there. If we are a show where you can't make a person feel like less than a person, then this is off limits. If we are a show where all bets are always off, then whatever.

I just don't think that because this person decides they want to switch that it means we are morally off the hook for treating them different than we treat other people. Again, I don't see it as PC but more just being consistent. If you treat others with respect due to morals, then I think you should do the same in this case or I think you are contradicting yourself imho. Their choice to switch doesn't remove that moral obligation you had prior to the switch. If everyone is fair game to you, then fine, this is too.

Herein lies the problem...even if I agree with your statement that people who change genders should be prepared to deal with this shit (I agree that they should be but only because there are pricks out there who will take shots at them), these people on the radio were attacking more people than just this basketball player.

Beef Supreme
12-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I can't believe people are actually having a serious conversation about this. If you're gonna cut off your balls and try to play for the girls sports team, expect a little fucking ridicule.

Crush
12-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah, and breast cancer survivors can't handle being called titless, and testicular cancer survivors dislike being called 'uno'.

Dumbass.

People have enough problems without assholes like you piling on and then pretending it's a form of honesty.

You are seriously comparing cancer victims to a guy that voluntarily cut his nuts off? Seriously, fuck you.

lcarus
12-13-2012, 10:12 AM

Her gun was digging into my hip....

loochy
12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I can't believe people are actually having a serious conversation about this. If you're gonna cut off your balls and try to play for the girls sports team, expect a little fucking ridicule.

Yeah, that's pretty much right on.

If you do something that makes you stick out in an exceptionally odd and comical manner, you're going to get it and you know it. Right or wrong or whatever, it's going to happen.

Saul Good
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
I can't believe people are actually having a serious conversation about this. If you're gonna cut off your balls and try to play for the girls sports team, expect a little ****ing ridicule.

What about others who don't play on a sports team? There's no such thing as only calling one person a n****r.

Chief Gump
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2568515_o.gif

loochy
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
What about others who don't play on a sports team? There's no such thing as only calling one person a n****r.

well sure there is

Valiant
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Baylor girls added a man. Now every other team is trying it.

loochy
12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Gabrielle Ludwig should have changed her name to MANdy

GloryDayz
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM

I tend to agreed, but I hope when the day comes to have the discussion about competitiveness and sportsmanship the rules are laid out very clearly that it's not a joke, and what's discussed will be open and honest. So no insults will be lobbed, but questions about where to draw the line between what "sport" considers to be a man or a woman has to be established. And if that means this person is disqualified as they are deemed to not meet the criteria (like larger boys running the ball in Pop-Warner football), then they have to accept it. Let's hope the rules aren't biased by typical stereotyping..

So it's not funny and the conversation won't be fun when it's finally discussed, but I hope it happens. I've coached kids with disabilities (blind, missing arms, stub arms, stub legs...) and girls in wrestling, and it's always a tougher situation and the 99% purely normal matches. But I find when the conversation is kept open and honest, once the wrestlers are on the mat, it's all good. Evading the topic is the worst way to go about it..

loochy
12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Also, for what it's worth, WTF were the announcers thinking? They had to know that their heads would be on the line for that kind of stuff.

Predarat
12-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Too much butt hurt out there. OOPS!

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Also, for what it's worth, WTF were the announcers thinking? They had to know that their heads would be on the line for that kind of stuff.

Not amongst their own listener-ship though. They didn't think at all, they just said what was on their minds, and didn't get called out till later by some other organization.

Having said that, if I were a radio professional, I'd make sure not to get inflammatory about that stuff, cuz as you said...they should have known there was an ass kicking coming for it.

Ultra Peanut
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM

Dumbass.

Ignorance justifies everything~

Frazod
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM

Kind of hard to argue with this. If [???] wants to fit in, [???] should move to Wrigleyville. Or whatever Wrigleyville's equivalent is in San Francisco.