PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Current Draft order + remaining schedule SOS%

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT
NEWS AND INFORMATION ON THE NFL DRAFT

UPDATED WEEKLY 2013 FIRST-ROUND SELECTION ORDER

GBN PRE-SEASON DRAFT GUIDE

The 11th edition of the annual Geat Blue North Fall Draft Guide with profiles of over 200 of the top prospects for the 2013 draft is now available. And in getting with the times - not to mention making the whole thing economically feasible what with rising printing and postage costs - this year’s edition is being delivered electronically.

Order your copy <a href="http://www.gbnreport.com/order.htm">here.</a>

December 11, 2012

P Indicates final seletion position TBD by playoff results
F indicates positions TBD by coin flip

* Note that the opponent's cumulative W-L record is based on each team's full 16-game schedule and no just on the games they have played to date.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6176/64912603.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
If we win on Sunday, we'll be looking at 3rd pick at very best. Fuck.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Everything seems to be lining up. Can't wait until Sunday.

the Talking Can
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
lose and 2nd is the worst we pick

WE CAN DO IT

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Our Opp SOS is going to go up in the finally weeks of the season, which isn't good for tiebreaker.

It looks like Jags and Carolina's OPP SOS is going to be dropping ... hopefully not so much that we lose the tiebreaker advantage.

We definitely lose the tiebreaker with Oakland.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Our Opp SOS is going to go up in the finally weeks of the season, which isn't good for tiebreaker.

It looks like Jags and Carolina's OPP SOS is going to be dropping ... hopefully not so much that we lose the tiebreaker advantage.

We definitely lose the tiebreaker with Oakland.

I wonder if Seedy's software takes that into account?

RealSNR
12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Even if we win on Sunday, I really like those upcoming opponents for Jacksonville and Oakland. I think they could both go 1-1 in the final two games of the season.

But obviously, I'd rather we just suck dick this week and then lose naturally against Indy and Denver.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Even if we win on Sunday, I really like those upcoming opponents for Jacksonville and Oakland. I think they could both go 1-1 in the final two games of the season.

But obviously, I'd rather we just suck dick this week and then lose naturally against Indy and Denver.

Yeah, our remaining SOS is considerably tougher than either Jacksonville or Oakland after this weekend.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I think we are screwed unless the Jags win a game

we are at .500 with remaining 3 games at .564
Jags are .538 with remaining 3 games at .487

Jags could very well take over the tiebreaker in the last week of the season :(

Buckweath
12-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I think we are screwed unless the Jags win a game

we are at .500 with remaining 3 games at .564
Jags are .538 with remaining 3 games at .487

Jags could very well take over the tiebreaker in the last week of the season :(

I don't think so, 13 games already played out of 16. The SOS numbers you see there won't change that much.

CupidStunt
12-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Cheaps lost by over 3 TDs to the Cleveland f'ing Browns. Don't waste a second thinking about "if they win" for crying out loud. Not happening for well over 9 months.

Frosty
12-13-2012, 03:47 PM

I'm worried about the Denver game. Hopefully, they'll still have something to play for.

Rasputin
12-13-2012, 03:49 PM
God I hope Jacksonville beats Miami this weekend.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
It's nice that this team still has something to play shitty for.

Sunday's game is gonna be exciting!

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
God I hope Jacksonville beats Miami this weekend.

It doesn't MATTER.

The only thing that matters is our game.

If we don't lose it, Oakland is gonna be #1 or #2.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Chiefs beat the Raiders eight of their past nine games at the Coliseum.

This stat sucks

BigMeatballDave
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Chiefs beat the Raiders eight of their past nine games at the Coliseum.

This stat sucks

It does, but Bowe is out.

I won't be surprised if they are shut out.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't think so, 13 games already played out of 16. The SOS numbers you see there won't change that much.
Hope you're correct

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Chiefs have won 8 of 9 in Oakland.

Just for shits and giggles, I looked up Dwayne Bowe's splits.

He's had at least 75 yards receiving in all 4 of the wins he's played in at the Coliseum - in 3 of them, had at least 90.

I'm not sure that 8-of-9 stat means much when we're going into the game with Brady Quinn throwing to McCluster and Baldwin.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 04:20 PM
It also doesn't take into account the fact that these are the QBs we faced @OAK:

Kyle Boller
JaMarcus Russell
Bruce Gradkowski

Not surprisingly, when the Raiders started Jason Campbell they beat us. And they'll beat us again with Palmer.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-13-2012, 04:23 PM
By my calcs, if KC and Jax both lose out, with the worst case scenario of our remaining opponents going 9-0 and Jax remaining opponents going 3-6 we lose the tie breaker with them. .531 versus .593 opp SOS
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Jags remaining opponents Miami-likely go 2-1 Pats-likely go 2-1 Tenn-Likely go 1-2

Chiefs remaining opponents Oakland- likely 1-2(Only win kc) Colts-likely 2-1 Denver-likely 3-0

I'm not worried about SOS.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
By my calcs, if KC and Jax both lose out, with the worst case scenario of our remaining opponents going 9-0 and Jax remaining opponents going 3-6 we lose the tie breaker with them. .531 versus .593 opp SOS
Posted via Mobile Device

So any other combination of wins and losses and we win the tiebreaker?

whoman69
12-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Jax and Oak still have winnable games.

Chief_For_Life58
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM
wait...tiebreaker is determined by opponets schedule?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-13-2012, 04:40 PM

yup

htismaqe
Eric Winston says teams that get the #1 overall pick aren't winners.

He said the year they drafted Okoye one of his teammates said if they had lost a couple more games, they could have had Adrian Peterson. And he countered with "if we had won a couple more games, we could have drafted Darrelle Revis".

htismaqe

Yeah, the first tiebreaker is strength of schedule.

Chief_For_Life58
*opponents record*

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
*opponents record*

Yeah, our opponents' record directly determines OUR strength of schedule.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Chiefs have 1 winnable game left and it's this Sunday. I really hope that Denver game means something or that turns into a winnable game.

Rausch
12-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Chiefs have 1 winnable game left and it's this Sunday. I really hope that Denver game means something or that turns into a winnable game.

With Bowe out none of these will be close...

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:45 PM

There's been a ton of talk the past couple of weeks about momentum and late season winning streaks, ie. the Peter King "12-0 on the road" comment.

I think the days of teams resting their starters is close to over.

Denver is going to pound us.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 04:53 PM
There's been a ton of talk the past couple of weeks about momentum and late season winning streaks, ie. the Peter King "12-0 on the road" comment.

I think the days of teams resting their starters is close to over.

Denver is going to pound us.
Manning is not going to allow them to let up.

He will play and he will give anymore on the offense that let's up 30 lashes.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not worried. We're not winning another game and we're getting the top pick. We are that bad. Bowe is out. Oh and Brady fucking Quinn is our starting QB. Just remember that when you start to get concerned.

Hoover
12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Both Denver and Indy will have things to play for. Denver will be playing for a bye, and the Colts might need a win to get in.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
So any other combination of wins and losses and we win the tiebreaker?

Not sure about other combinations, just did worst case scenario if both teams lose out. I don't think Jax has a winnable game left. @Mia, NE, @Ten. They could win but I doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
12-13-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm not worried. We're not winning another game and we're getting the top pick. We are that bad. Bowe is out. Oh and Brady ****ing Quinn is our starting QB. Just remember that when you start to get concerned.
people been saying that forever and we beat Carolina

if for some reason we play motivated and the Faiders don't then we can beat them.

Our talent level is much better than our record.

Dr. Gigglepants
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Game of our lifetime this Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Not sure about other combinations, just did worst case scenario if both teams lose out. I don't think Jax has a winnable game left. @Mia, NE, @Ten. They could win but I doubt it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miami has a game with Buffalo left. Tennesse will probably lose out if the beat Jax, but Miami has a good shot in that one.

So I think best-case scenario for Jax is that their remaining schedule goes 4-5 rather than 3-6.

JoeyChuckles
12-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the formula for SOS (or Opp W/L %) calculated as All Opponent Wins divided by All Opponent Games? If that's the case, then Atlanta winning this weekend will increase our SOS, as well as all the other teams we play this year.

Rausch
12-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the formula for SOS (or Opp W/L %) calculated as All Opponent Wins divided by All Opponent Games? If that's the case, then Atlanta winning this weekend will increase our SOS, as well as all the other teams we play this year.

Yes...

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Damn, good catch.

So we need Philly to win tonight, for starters. :D

Rausch
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Damn, good catch.

So we need Philly to win tonight, for starters. :D

Beat ya' to it!:D

Ebolapox
12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
I won't take this thread seriously until CDCox gives his two cents.

cdcox
12-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I wonder if Seedy's software takes that into account?

Of course it does.

1. We cannot lose a tiebreaker with the Jags
2. We cannot win a tiebreaker with the Raiders
3. We win about 80% of the tiebreakers with the Eagles.

Ebolapox
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
and BOOM goes the dynamite. thanks, seedy.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Of course it does.

1. We cannot lose a tiebreaker with the Jags
2. We cannot win a tiebreaker with the Raiders
3. We win about 80% of the tiebreakers with the Eagles.

We absolutely MUST lose on Sunday.

bevischief
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
It does, but Bowe is out.

I won't be surprised if they are shut out.

This.

bevischief
12-13-2012, 06:22 PM
This team sucks.

12-13-2012, 06:33 PM
You guys getting so hung up on this cracks me up.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 06:51 PM

We're deathly afraid of not getting the #1 pick.

Chief Roundup
12-13-2012, 07:08 PM
We absolutely MUST lose on Sunday.

It sure will put the finishing touch on us getting the #1 pick. If we win we put our faith in Jags to beat the Titans in thier final game of the season. I don't want to be picking 3rd.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 07:15 PM

The thought of Geno Smith in silver and black makes me want to kick puppies.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 07:23 PM
The thought of Geno Smith in silver and black makes me want to kick puppies.

The Raiders are too fucking stupid to pick a QB. They have drafted horribly in recent history. The only player they have drafted worth a shit in the last 15 plus years is a kicker. I'm not too worried about them doing anything right. I'm only worried about them trading it away.

Nightfyre
12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
The Raiders are too ****ing stupid to pick a QB. They have drafted horribly in recent history. The only player they have drafted worth a shit in the last 15 plus years is a kicker. I'm not too worried about them doing anything right. I'm only worried about them trading it away.

Yea except they have a new owner and new gm. But keep assuming they are dumbasses. I hope so. But I would suspect they will not be the bastion of suckage they used to be.

stonedstooge
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Went on a Raiders board and they are bitching that they might win this game.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Yea except they have a new owner and new gm. But keep assuming they are dumbasses. I hope so. But I would suspect they will not be the bastion of suckage they used to be.

I'll believe it when I see it.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
The Raiders are too fucking stupid to pick a QB. They have drafted horribly in recent history. The only player they have drafted worth a shit in the last 15 plus years is a kicker. I'm not too worried about them doing anything right. I'm only worried about them trading it away.

Sorry, but that's just silly.

#1 picks always get spent on a quarterback and the Raiders are being ran by a guy that came from GB. If we beat the Raiders, Geno will be a Raider and that makes me I'll just thinking about it.

Coogs
12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Great Blue North SOS is based on the whole seasons 16 game schedule. For example, the difference between Oakland and our SOS is based one one game/team. We play the exact same schedule... outside of two games. Buffalo and Indy for us. Miami and Jax for the Faid. Miami and Buffalo is a push. But Indy and Jax are far apart. That is why Oakland has the drop on us when it comes to SOS.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but that's just silly.

#1 picks always get spent on a quarterback and the Raiders are being ran by a guy that came from GB. If we beat the Raiders, Geno will be a Raider and that makes me I'll just thinking about it.

Sorry, but it's the Raiders.

BigRedChief
12-13-2012, 07:45 PM
You guys getting so hung up on this cracks me up.WTF else do we have to talk about? All the pain for this year, we deserve the #1 pick.

BigRedChief
12-13-2012, 07:48 PM
The Raiders are too fucking stupid to pick a QB. They have drafted horribly in recent history. The only player they have drafted worth a shit in the last 15 plus years is a kicker. I'm not too worried about them doing anything right. I'm only worried about them trading it away.The old geezer Al Davis ain't running the war room any more.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 07:52 PM
The old geezer Al Davis ain't running the war room any more.
I don't think we'll ever see them do anything as long as we're alive. They just have that feel to them. It's what they do. It doesn't matter who's running them. It's a cemetary. I'll have to see it to believe it if they do get it turned around. They are just one big bag of fail. Not that we are better, just saying that's what they do.

Messier
12-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't think the Raiders go QB no matter where they pick. Just a little over a year ago they gave a heck of a lot to get Palmer, and he hasn't really been their problem. They are just awful on defense. I think they'll go with the DT out of Utah.
This isn't even wishful thinking. Everyone is assuming that whoever has the 1st pick wants Geno Smith and will take him, I think a team like the Raiders have so many needs, that QB is pretty far down the list, and unless there was a can't miss number one QB in the draft (most will tell you Smith isn't a sure 1st overall) Oakland will go D first.

Buckweath
12-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Imo, the best thing for the Raiders would be a trade down. If they cant do that, I think they know they will never win a SB with Palmer, if I were them Id draft Geno and build that defense slowly.

MotherfuckerJones
12-13-2012, 08:47 PM
We got destroyed by the browns and oakland thumped us in KC. We aren't winning

rtmike
12-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Went on a Raiders board and they are bitching that they might win this game.

I was in the car wash line today & off to the distance was a Fader fan wearing his jacket. I rolled down the window & yelled, "they better win this weekend". He just kinda shrugged his shoulders & said, "I don't know man, hope so."

He was surprised when I said I was a Chiefs fan. :eek: I mean, who else would be cheering for them to win. :D

the Talking Can
12-13-2012, 09:04 PM
getting the #1 pick will be the most significant accomplishment in almost 20 years for the chiefs...

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 10:51 PM

Do you really want to miss out on a QB?

BossChief
12-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I can't remember a time when so much rode on one game more than this one.

If we pass on a qb, I will be out of energy for this team, especially if Geno goes to Oakland...but if we draft Geno Smith, I'm buying season tickets.

12-14-2012, 03:25 AM
WTF else do we have to talk about? All the pain for this year, we deserve the #1 pick.

Its just funny. All those years of being competitive and coming up short have rubbed off on this fanbase so bad that we can't even trust them to lose to win. LMAO

Ugly Duck
12-14-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't think the Raiders go QB no matter where they pick. Just a little over a year ago they gave a heck of a lot to get Palmer, and he hasn't really been their problem.

McKenzie is dumping overpaid players to get cap room to build a real team. He knows it will take a coupla years to clear out the deadwood. Palmer is scheduled to make $13 mil next year... doubt that the new GM will pay him that much to hang around while he rebuilds the team cuz Carson'll be too old by the time McKenzie gets his personnel in place . Gotta stockpile some young players & start over. He just might take Geno.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:29 AM
McKenzie is dumping overpaid players to get cap room to build a real team. He knows it will take a coupla years to clear out the deadwood. Palmer is scheduled to make $13 mil next year... doubt that the new GM will pay him that much to hang around while he rebuilds the team cuz Carson'll be too old by the time McKenzie gets his personnel in place . Gotta stockpile some young players & start over. He just might take Geno.

Yep.

I think Oakland takes a QB if they can.

Regardless, Palmer will be restructured or cut.

12-14-2012, 07:38 AM

You can have Barkley