PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPNs Rob Parker Says RG3 Not Black Enough

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-13-2012, 07:54 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aHhv7VDab3U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
is matt cassel a QB...or a cornball QB?

he's not really down with the TDs

Thig Lyfe
12-13-2012, 08:04 PM
I knew there was a reason Pioli didn't try to draft him.

Crush
12-13-2012, 08:05 PM
I knew there was a reason Pioli didn't try to draft him.

Because Pioli is a cornball GM. He's not really down with competence.

KCrockaholic
12-13-2012, 08:05 PM
So RG3 doesn't carry enough guns, eat enough watermelon, have enough kids, and can throw accurately, that makes him not black enough?

Hm.

I didn't realize the color of RG3 was even an issue.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2012, 08:06 PM
This has honestly gotta be one of the most racist things I've ever heard on TV, and the fact it came from a black guy makes it even worse.

ESPN needs to fire this dumbass pronto. He's an embarrassment.

Can't wait to read Whitlock's take.

And the hilarious thing...the dumbass repeated the cornball thing later in the show...trying to explain why he said it.

"I heard it at the barbershop."

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow. People are stupid.

Spott
12-13-2012, 08:14 PM
This has honestly gotta be one of the most racist things I've ever heard on TV, and the fact it came from a black guy makes it even worse.

And the hilarious thing...the dumbass repeated the cornball thing later in the show...trying to explain why he said it.

Only white people are racist.

Sorter
12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/349/960/6e0.gif

ReynardMuldrake
12-13-2012, 08:19 PM

http://www.infinitydish.com/tvblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cornballer.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
12-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Only white people are racist.

Lol I hate it when people say "reverse racism."
WTF? So only white people are or can be racist? It's a racist thing to say "that's reverse racism" IMO. I used to hear black people say that all the time in classes and stuff. Crazy world.

el borracho
12-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Biggest challenge facing African-Americans these days is their own attitude.

Thig Lyfe
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM

HMMMM I THINK I MIGHT GIVE THE EDGE TO INSTITUTIONALIZED RACISM ON THIS ONE

MahiMike
12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Well, duh! That's why he's so smart. pffft!

KCUnited
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Meanwhile, KC ponders if Matt Cassel is too white.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.infinitydish.com/tvblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cornballer.jpg

For the ****ing win.

I wonder what Stephen A. said after that. I hated Stephen A. Smith, and I still do dislike him, but hearing him on ESPN NY there are times where I really do like the type of argument he makes. I don't know how this conversation started but I find all the questions he is asking to be not only insulting to RG3 but if I was an African American I would be furious with it. It just gives off the image that not only do "blacks" embrace the brother role but that if you aren't one of them, **** it you might as well be a white dude. Like RG3 being well-spoken is a bad thing. I don't know what the hell he was thinking talking about this stuff on national TV.

I think its made worse because of the position this guy is in. The fact that a guy in an news position, sports or not, is sitting there trying to figure out if he is more or less down with the cause just insults not only his race but honestly every part of the country that actually has a desire to not to draw lines constantly.

digger
12-13-2012, 08:41 PM
In before dumb ass comment about how this is just like what Rush said.

listopencil
12-13-2012, 08:43 PM

^

Deberg_1990
12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
McNabb used to get this same sort of treatment. Pathetic.

Kyle DeLexus
12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
McNabb used to get this same sort of treatment. Pathetic.

I wonder why Vick doesn't?

Demonpenz
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Vick is a straight up thug that keeps it real. I remember when Chunky's soup wanted Vick to do a commercial and he was like DO I LIKE LIKE A MUTHA FUCKER THAT EATS SOUP N' SHIT , he then tried to bite this old guy on the wrist and started barking and throwing up the Wu Tang sign.

dmahurin
12-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Vick is a straight up thug that keeps it real. I remember when Chunky's soup wanted Vick to do a commercial and he was like DO I LIKE LIKE A MUTHA FUCKER THAT EATS SOUP N' SHIT , he then tried to bite this old guy on the wrist and started barking and throwing up the Wu Tang sign.

ROFL

Brock
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
he ain't keepin it real n shit

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Just think if he didn't have his dreads, he would be seen differently from both sides of the coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Robert Griffin III's dad responds to Rob Parker (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2012/12/13/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-rob-parker/1768501/)

8:44PM EST December 13. 2012 - ASHBURN, VA. -- Robert Griffin II said he isn't taking offense with disparaging racial comments made by an ESPN First Take commentator Thursday, because "it's not going to benefit" anyone.

Earlier in the day, during the show, commentator Rob Parker, who is black, had questioned Robert Griffin III's authenticity by asking, "Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" Parker then continued his criticism of the Washington Redskins rookie quarterback:

"He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause," Parker said. "He's not one of us. He's kind of black, but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else.

"We all know he has a white fiancee. There was all this talk about how he's a Republican ... Tiger Woods was like, 'I've got black skin but don't call me black.'"

Griffin II told USA TODAY Sports he was baffled by the comments but wouldn't fire back Thursday night, even though Parker's remarks ignited the blogosphere and sparked angry social media responses. A few minutes later after his father spoke, Griffin III tweeted to supporters: "I'm thankful for a lot of things in life and one of those things is your support. Thank you."

ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys told USA TODAY Sports that Parker's comments "were inappropriate and we are evaluating our next steps."

Griffin II said his next steps were to dismiss Parker's remarks.

"He needs to define what 'one of us' is. That guy needs to define that," he said. "I wouldn't say it's racism. I would just say some people put things out there about people so they can stir things up.

"Robert is in really good shape on who he is, where he needs to get to in order to seek the goals he has in life ... so I don't take offense."

During his weekly news conference Wednesday, Griffin III said he didn't want to be defined by race.

"You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person you are, your character, your personality," he said. "I am an African-American in America. But I don't have to be defined by that."

Demonpenz
12-13-2012, 10:28 PM
RGIII's butt is a dopplerganger for Venus Williams's butt.

Easy 6
12-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Cant wait to see what Rob Parker has to say about the Central Alabama Podunk Panthers high school team next year.

Sure-Oz
12-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Rob Parker head looks like a tree stump

Chief_For_Life58
12-13-2012, 10:40 PM
rg3 is the fucking man. thst is all. oh yeah and fire parker immediately. what a racist pos

Sorter
12-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Mobb Deep thinks Rob Parker isn't black enough.

Kyle DeLexus
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Robert Griffin III makes Wayne Brady look like Malcolm X.

Sorter
12-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Robert Griffin III makes Wayne Brady look like Malcolm X.

:thumb:

whoaskew
12-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Rob Parker must have a racist white boss who forced him to write and publish this article, just because Bob is black!

/sarcasm

Sorter
12-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Rob Parker seems cocky.

KcMizzou
12-13-2012, 11:24 PM

"I heard it at the barbershop."Absolutely agree.

WTF?

DTLB58
12-14-2012, 12:02 AM
So RG3 doesn't carry enough guns, eat enough watermelon, have enough kids, and can throw accurately, that makes him not black enough?

Hm.

I didn't realize the color of RG3 was even an issue.

Yea, I guess he wants him shooting up the town?

Just in the 60's the blacks were fighting to enroll and play football in college and now D.C. has one of hottest rookie star QB's in the NFL and a brother has to criticize him? :eek:

Sorter
12-14-2012, 12:03 AM
What the fuck is Parker's street cred anyways? LMAO

ThaVirus
12-14-2012, 12:04 AM

LMAO I'm going to go with the Thigmeister on this one, but you're not entirely wrong.

A lot of black people, the younger generation especially, are their own worst enemy. That's something they need to work on in order to advance as a community.

Shogun
12-14-2012, 12:04 AM
What the **** is Parker's street cred anyways? LMAO

Never heard of him

Hootie
12-14-2012, 12:08 AM
haha

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
It's OK to be a racist as long as you are not white, end of story. ESPN has been promoting these libtards for sometime now.

Hootie
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm white and I think RGIII is a cornball human

I'm not down with an amazingly athletic, incredibly smart, super respectful, well put together young man, either.

That's bullshit. Why does he get to be him and I have to be me???

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2012, 12:13 AM
ESPN has been promoting these libtards for sometime now.

So only liberals are racist?

Wha?

mikey23545
12-14-2012, 12:13 AM
pffft...He doesn't even have an Obamaphone.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2012, 12:14 AM
If only I had been more Mormon, I could have been Steve Young

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
So only liberals are racist?

Wha?

I guess you missed the he's even a republican comment. Let's not try and twist things out of context Mr. equal rights. Put a white republican up there saying that shit.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2012, 12:18 AM
I guess you missed the he's even a republican comment. Let's not try and twist things out of context Mr. equal rights. Put a white republican up there saying that shit.

Again, what?

He's a fucking moron, plain and simple. I couldn't care less about his political affiliation.

If a white guy said "Andrew Luck isn't white enough because he's got a black fiance and doesn't drive a Chevy", that guy would be just as fucking stupid as this moron.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Again, what?

He's a ****ing moron, plain and simple. I couldn't care less about his political affiliation.

If a white guy said "Andrew Luck isn't white enough because he's got a black fiance and doesn't drive a Chevy", that guy would be just as ****ing stupid as this moron.

My point was that ESPN has no problem with libtards spouting racial or politically laces shit but they have a huge problem with conservatives saying anything. Great example Paul Azinger and Chris Fowler. You get reamed and repremended for saying Obama has played more golf than you this month but it's perfectly fine to call everyone a racist who doesn't vote for Obama or says the stupid shit this guy is saying.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2012, 12:31 AM
My point was that ESPN has no problem with libtards spouting racial or politically laces shit but they have a huge problem with conservatives saying anything. Great example Paul Azinger and Chris Fowler. You get reamed and repremended for saying Obama has played more golf than you this month but it's perfectly fine to call everyone a racist who doesn't vote for Obama or says the stupid shit this guy is saying.

Straight from the Disney handbook, Folks.

big nasty kcnut
12-14-2012, 12:37 AM
It's stupid and clearly he only did this to make a name for himself well his name is now mud. I think RG3 a heck of a qb not andrew luck good but is up there. So leve him alone Rob and go fuck the horse you rode in on.

Sannyasi
12-14-2012, 12:42 AM
For the ****ing win.

I wonder what Stephen A. said after that. I hated Stephen A. Smith, and I still do dislike him, but hearing him on ESPN NY there are times where I really do like the type of argument he makes. I don't know how this conversation started but I find all the questions he is asking to be not only insulting to RG3 but if I was an African American I would be furious with it. It just gives off the image that not only do "blacks" embrace the brother role but that if you aren't one of them, **** it you might as well be a white dude. Like RG3 being well-spoken is a bad thing. I don't know what the hell he was thinking talking about this stuff on national TV.

I think its made worse because of the position this guy is in. The fact that a guy in an news position, sports or not, is sitting there trying to figure out if he is more or less down with the cause just insults not only his race but honestly every part of the country that actually has a desire to not to draw lines constantly.

Stephen A. disagreed with Rob right after he said this stuff.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Straight from the Disney handbook, Folks.

Who are you talking to with the whole folks thing? How about Keith left of Stalin Obermann. It just keeps going. To be fair it's not only ESPN how about Costas spewing his libtardedness at halftime. I would be just as pissed if they had used air time after that to promote the NRA but if anyone had done that there would have been hell to pay there too. I know your a liberal dude but give me a break.

Kyle DeLexus
12-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Again, what?

He's a fucking moron, plain and simple. I couldn't care less about his political affiliation.

If a white guy said "Andrew Luck isn't white enough because he's got a black fiance and doesn't drive a Chevy", that guy would be just as fucking stupid as this moron.

Wait is this true? I would hope he listens to at least a little bit of country music though.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2012, 12:51 AM
http://d3na4zxidw1hr4.cloudfront.net/site_media/uploads/images/artists/m/michael-showalter/michael-showalter-cat_jpg_640x450_q85.jpg

Cornstock
12-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Anything less than firing this guy would be complete hypocrisy on ESPN's part.

stevieray
12-14-2012, 01:00 AM

...I agree, keeping them in the role as victims has been extremely detrimental.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Who are you talking to with the whole folks thing? How about Keith left of Stalin Obermann. It just keeps going. To be fair it's not only ESPN how about Costas spewing his libtardedness at halftime. I would be just as pissed if they had used air time after that to promote the NRA but if anyone had done that there would have been hell to pay there too. I know your a liberal dude but give me a break.

With each passing year, you become more and more paranoid about being "white".

It's getting to the point where it's not even a joking matter.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
12-14-2012, 01:10 AM
http://www.brandnewfresh.com/wp-content/uploads/Oscar-Langerak-Schoolly-D-Am-I-Black-Enough-For-You-groot.jpg

Bane
12-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Thigga please.

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Stephen A. disagreed with Rob right after he said this stuff.

Thanks. It sure looked like thats the way he was going. I would have listened to him today if I knew this had happened.

Ming the Merciless
12-14-2012, 02:14 AM
That was so stupid it was offensive

blaise
12-14-2012, 05:17 AM
In before dumb ass comment about how this is just like what Rush said.

You're right. It's worse.

OmahaChief
12-14-2012, 06:21 AM
If a white guy said "Andrew Luck isn't white enough because he's got a black fiance and doesn't drive a Chevy", that guy would be just as ****ing stupid as this moron.

Except the wbite guy would probably be looking for work someplace else while this guy will most likely not been be talked to about this crap.

Dragonocho
12-14-2012, 06:35 AM
There's really only one way to settle this. Dan Snyder needs to trade RGIII to KC for Matt Cassel and we'll take a closer look. I dream of living in a world where that logic prevails. Til then...Eff Pioli.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 06:40 AM
For the ****ing win.

He said he was uncomfortable going down that road. Which, they were all pretty uncomfortable after he said that shit. He did say it shouldn't matter about the color of his skin. That no one went into anything saying they were gonna be the best black this, or the best black that. But he did start talking about RGIII's cornrows, and other shit that gave him some blackness that would indicate he's not some guy who doesn't care about his race.

blaise
12-14-2012, 06:47 AM
First Take is really an unwatchable show.

Lonewolf Ed
12-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Lol I hate it when people say "reverse racism."
WTF? So only white people are or can be racist? It's a racist thing to say "that's reverse racism" IMO. I used to hear black people say that all the time in classes and stuff. Crazy world.

I wonder what they call it if a Chinese guy hates someone for being black? Slant racism? Oh!

Sorter
12-14-2012, 07:14 AM
I wonder what they call it if a Chinese guy hates someone for being black? Slant racism? Oh!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvfxvvNNPi1r0ftodo1_400.gif

WhiteWhale
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
What he means"

"RGIII was not born poor, and he knows his dad. In my mind, that means he's not black."

This attitude is why LJ had so many hang-ups about being ghetto. I hope RGIII happily accepts who he is and doesn't let the jealousy of other black men get in the way.

I'm sure this dipshit was proud of Mike Vick for 'keeping it real'.

I want to see Smith's response, because he seemed annoyed by it for the same reasons.

mdchiefsfan
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
First Take is really an unwatchable show.

Exactly. It's all staged arguments and stuff said for sensationalism. Can't stand that show one bit and I am not surprised in the least to see something like this said on it.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Robert Griffin III's dad responds to Rob Parker (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2012/12/13/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-rob-parker/1768501/)

8:44PM EST December 13. 2012 - ASHBURN, VA. -- Robert Griffin II said he isn't taking offense with disparaging racial comments made by an ESPN First Take commentator Thursday, because "it's not going to benefit" anyone.

Earlier in the day, during the show, commentator Rob Parker, who is black, had questioned Robert Griffin III's authenticity by asking, "Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" Parker then continued his criticism of the Washington Redskins rookie quarterback:

"He's not real. OK, he's black, he kind of does the thing, but he's not really down with the cause," Parker said. "He's not one of us. He's kind of black, but he's not really, like, the guy you want to hang out with because he's off to something else.

"We all know he has a white fiancee. There was all this talk about how he's a Republican ... Tiger Woods was like, 'I've got black skin but don't call me black.'"

Griffin II told USA TODAY Sports he was baffled by the comments but wouldn't fire back Thursday night, even though Parker's remarks ignited the blogosphere and sparked angry social media responses. A few minutes later after his father spoke, Griffin III tweeted to supporters: "I'm thankful for a lot of things in life and one of those things is your support. Thank you."

ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys told USA TODAY Sports that Parker's comments "were inappropriate and we are evaluating our next steps."

Griffin II said his next steps were to dismiss Parker's remarks.

"He needs to define what 'one of us' is. That guy needs to define that," he said. "I wouldn't say it's racism. I would just say some people put things out there about people so they can stir things up.

"Robert is in really good shape on who he is, where he needs to get to in order to seek the goals he has in life ... so I don't take offense."

During his weekly news conference Wednesday, Griffin III said he didn't want to be defined by race.

"You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person you are, your character, your personality," he said. "I am an African-American in America. But I don't have to be defined by that."

Nice....Im glad Griffen and his Dad didnt stoop to this idiots level. It serves no purpose.

WhiteWhale
12-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Just makes me so mad....

I wanted to sell the farm for that #2 pick. Anything it took... that's how much I liked RGIII.

ndws
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Its bad when Stephen Smith takes the high road. This is the guy after all that dropped the n-bomb and somehow didn't get fired not too long ago.

Stupid people being stupid.

Mike Judge is a profit. Idiocracy is happening at an alarmingly fast rate.

Predarat
12-14-2012, 08:36 AM
http://localhostr.com/file/sl8iYvg/Racist.gif

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 08:36 AM
With each passing year, you become more and more paranoid about being "white".

It's getting to the point where it's not even a joking matter.

Nice spin. First you shouldn't deny what should be self-evident with ESPN. The point I was making actually started to turn away from racism on some levels even though that was the what the thread was posted about. By that I mean I started talking about the entire liberal agenda embraced by ESPN and others using white libtards to make my point with Olbermann and Costas. That results in you getting off topic UHHHHHGAIN to launch another unsubstantiated personal attack. It would be nice if you could just stay on subject instead of using personal attacks every time you run out of material to back your position. I don't do that to you.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 08:38 AM
What he means"

"RGIII was not born poor, and he knows his dad. In my mind, that means he's not black."

This attitude is why LJ had so many hang-ups about being ghetto. I hope RGIII happily accepts who he is and doesn't let the jealousy of other black men get in the way.

I'm sure this dipshit was proud of Mike Vick for 'keeping it real'.

I want to see Smith's response, because he seemed annoyed by it for the same reasons.

And he is a Republican. That stupid cracker is just pretending to be black. Friggen poser.

KC_Lee
12-14-2012, 08:44 AM
So should he start fighting dogs and have a bunch baby mommas? Would that make him "black enough" for Rob Parker?

What a buffon.

ChiTown
12-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Rob Parker = Real Credit to His Race

Chief Roundup
12-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Black people are the most racist anymore. The black people seem to want to keep the racism feelings going.
Get over the past and let it go.

If ESPN doesn't fire this guy it will be setting another precident that needs to be brought out. If it isn't ok for a black person to say these things it should be ok for a white person to say these same type of things.

Chief Roundup
12-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Rob Parker = Real Credit to His Race

Yeah the HUMAN race.

hope everyone realizes the Yeah was sarcastisc.
We are all part of the HUMAN race which is more important than any color or look of another HUMAN.

loochy
12-14-2012, 08:52 AM
HMMMM I THINK I MIGHT GIVE THE EDGE TO INSTITUTIONALIZED CULTURAL IDIOCY ON THIS ONE

FYP

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Its bad when Stephen Smith takes the high road. This is the guy after all that dropped the n-bomb and somehow didn't get fired not too long ago.

Stupid people being stupid.

Mike Judge is a profit. Idiocracy is happening at an alarmingly fast rate.

He did? Wow, I didn't know that. I'm not surprised but I hadn't heard.

I always laugh when Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith will get into little fights on TNT and when Kenny raises his voice Charles will say to him, "Just because you yell doesn't mean you're right, Stephen A. Smith."

ndws
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
He did? Wow, I didn't know that. I'm not surprised but I hadn't heard.

I always laugh when Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith will get into little fights on TNT and when Kenny raises his voice Charles will say to him, "Just because you yell doesn't mean you're right, Stephen A. Smith."

/watch?v=fFLwMgpQeTY

He went on record later saying that he in fact, did not drop the n-bomb. So yeah, its cool and he's still working. Funny enough, its not the first time.

/watch?v=O_U-FPVXbm8

But Don Imus called some chicks nappy headed hoes, and the old boy is out on his ass. Good times.

I apparently haven't met the super cool criteria to link the youtube yet. Copy/paste at the end of youtube dot com since its apparent I'm going to inject some nasty code into my actual links.

mdchiefsfan
12-14-2012, 10:36 AM
/watch?v=fFLwMgpQeTY

He went on record later saying that he in fact, did not drop the n-bomb. So yeah, its cool and he's still working. Funny enough, its not the first time.

/watch?v=O_U-FPVXbm8

But Don Imus called some chicks nappy headed hoes, and the old boy is out on his ass. Good times.

I apparently haven't met the super cool criteria to link the youtube yet. Copy/paste at the end of youtube dot com since its apparent I'm going to inject some nasty code into my actual links.

PM Bob Dole so he knows you're not a spammer. He should be able to hook you up.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Black people are the most racist anymore. The black people seem to want to keep the racism feelings going.
Get over the past and let it go.

If ESPN doesn't fire this guy it will be setting another precident that needs to be brought out. If it isn't ok for a black person to say these things it should be ok for a white person to say these same type of things.

BTW, I agree with your human race take.

There is a lot of money in continuing to fan the flames of racism. Those that benefit are not going to stop.

Not only do I believe they won't fire him, I believe we will see more of him now that he did that. That's the nature of the beast. Bet we we are stuck with more of the Whitless wonder as well.

Chinese are right up there on the racist list. They might even be on top. The difference with them is more of a dedication in advancing their race as opposed to dogging out another. Because of that it gets a lot less attention and you would have to be in the right demographics to experience it.

whoman69
12-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Rob Parker just isn't smart enough

ThaVirus
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Black people are the most racist anymore.

You got a link for that?

mdchiefsfan
12-14-2012, 12:03 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-espn-has-reportedly-suspended-rob-parker-20121214,0,596484.story

ESPN suspends Parker over RGIII 'black' comments

ESPN has reportedly suspended Rob Parker, who Thursday questioned Robert Griffin III's blackness.

"Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" Parker asked on ESPN's "First Take."
“He’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause; he’s not one of us,” Parker said. “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with 'cause he’s off to something else.”

Parker apparently questioned Griffin's race because the Washington Redskins' star is engaged to a white woman and is rumored to be a Republican.

Parker later called his critics “uneducated” and “silly.”

KC_Lee
12-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Really?!? Parker spouts off a bunch of crap but it's the critics that are uneducated and silly?

Parker find an anti-freeze fire and go die in it.

Sannyasi
12-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Its a little unfair I think to make sweeping generalizations like "black people are the real racists" when the three other black people on First Take all disagreed with Rob in the same segment that he said this shit. The fact that Rob Parker is racist shouldn't mean that all black people are racist.

BIG_DADDY
12-14-2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-espn-has-reportedly-suspended-rob-parker-20121214,0,596484.story

ESPN suspends Parker over RGIII 'black' comments

ESPN has reportedly suspended Rob Parker, who Thursday questioned Robert Griffin III's blackness.

"Is he a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" Parker asked on ESPN's "First Take."
“He’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause; he’s not one of us,” Parker said. “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with 'cause he’s off to something else.”

Parker apparently questioned Griffin's race because the Washington Redskins' star is engaged to a white woman and is rumored to be a Republican.

Congratulations ESPN!!!!! I stand corrected.

BlackHelicopters
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Racism continues to be fueled because idiots like this have a public forum. Sadly, the forums become more accessible to more idiots every day. Dude should lose his job.

Rugby Thompson
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Remember when Mike Greenberg said Mather Luther Coon day on TV? It's on youtube somewhere. I really liked First Take when it had Jay Crawford but now, ever since they got that girl, it's kind of been going downhill. I wonder what Skip had to say about this..

Rugby Thompson
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
I went on first take last night to download the december 13th version of they're podcast and they deleted it, it must of been because of Parker.

Silock
12-14-2012, 02:16 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WFY2kJ96jNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Its a little unfair I think to make sweeping generalizations like "black people are the real racists" when the three other black people on First Take all disagreed with Rob in the same segment that he said this shit. The fact that Rob Parker is racist shouldn't mean that all black people are racist.

Yeah, well, welcome to chiefsplanet.com. Voice of the midwestern man.

Setsuna
12-14-2012, 05:29 PM

Don't ever call me an African American. You can piss off. :cuss:

loochy
12-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't ever call me an African American. You can piss off. :cuss:

dark skinned american?

Setsuna
12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
dark skinned american?

LMAO. Nah just black. I don't call you a european american or a mexican american or a south american american do I? That's bullcrap.

FlaChief58
12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Stupid issue created by an idiot seeking airtime. Complete dumbassery

13and3
12-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I think rg3 is about as black as Sly James. They are both darker on the outside than they are on the inside. Some people look at gays and lesbians and see women trapped inside mens bodies, and men trapped inside womens bodies. Some people can look at black man and see a white man trapped inside. What about Eminem? A black man in a white mans body? Right or wrong being African American has as much to do with cultural views, mannerisms, and associations as it has to do with skin color. Intelligence and being well spoken doesn't automatically get your black card revoked hence Obama. But when you are only interested in white women that tells us alot about who is inside that black skin, and how they might not identify or have certain reservations about black women and black people as a whole.

Sorter
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
I think rg3 is about as black as Sly James. They are both darker on the outside than they are on the inside. Some people look at gays and lesbians and see women trapped inside mens bodies, and men trapped inside womens bodies. Some people can look at black man and see a white man trapped inside. What about Eminem? A black man in a white mans body? Right or wrong being African American has as much to do with cultural views, mannerisms, and associations as it has to do with skin color. Intelligence and being well spoken doesn't automatically get your black card revoked hence Obama. But when you are only interested in white women that tells us alot about who is inside that black skin, and how they might not identify or have certain reservations about black women and black people as a whole.

African-Americans are Americans from Africa.

This is an African-American: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBMNgmsVFS61eMoBb30LuywP-hJifGw1zRcBKPXH7T1wGygyE6jQ

Sorter
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
LMAO. Nah just black. I don't call you a european american or a mexican american or a south american american do I? That's bullcrap.

Well, I guess, Q for my above post.

God fucking dammit. :)

CLX
12-14-2012, 08:29 PM
African-Americans are Americans from Africa.

That is wrong in so many ways. How many people that claim to be African-Americans have never stepped foot in Africa? How many of those that have never stepped foot in Africa had anyone in the past 4 generations in their family that have lived in Africa? I would be so bold as to say not a single one of them. They are just regular Americans that MIGHT have roots in Africa. It seems logical that after a few generations the family is no longer tied to Africa but only to America.

Chief Roundup
12-14-2012, 09:08 PM

I DID NOT say REAL racist. I said the most racist. I meant that as in anymore. At least it is that way for the town that I live in and the ones that I visit the most. It appears to me that way because of what I hear lots of others say when out in public, ie overhearing other negative connitations that catches my attention. Things that I see. More and More white younger generations have been dressing like and take on other attributes that in the past were only seen by the black youth.
Which in some ways I don't like. But I realize this is for the betterment of us all for I think this helps to bring us closer over the generations to eventually reduce racism. I would like to say eliminate but that will never happen. We are all just HUMANS after all.

GloryDayz
12-14-2012, 09:30 PM
To Parker:

:spock:

http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/39/2011/10/medium_wtfkells.gif

GoHuge
12-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I think rg3 is about as black as Sly James. They are both darker on the outside than they are on the inside. Some people look at gays and lesbians and see women trapped inside mens bodies, and men trapped inside womens bodies. Some people can look at black man and see a white man trapped inside. What about Eminem? A black man in a white mans body? Right or wrong being African American has as much to do with cultural views, mannerisms, and associations as it has to do with skin color. Intelligence and being well spoken doesn't automatically get your black card revoked hence Obama. But when you are only interested in white women that tells us alot about who is inside that black skin, and how they might not identify or have certain reservations about black women and black people as a whole. Damn man I tried reading this 3 times and still can't decode wtf you're trying to relay. Eminem wants to be black in the same way that a transgender person wants a Dick or a set of tits.....wtf is on your mind?

I hope this guy does get fired for stupidity......does anyone know what the "cause" is that he's not supporting? Is the cause to make sure that every African American has a big body Benz, a shark tank, dog kennels, and an assortment of platinum, gold, and iced out grilles?

I think RG3 is a blast to watch play football. I think he is an amazing talent and seems to be authentic and an outstanding young man on and off the field. I don't have a problem with him talking like an educated intelligent human being or deciding not to have a shoulda lean.......there are plenty of those in the NFL that either pretend or actually live the thug life and we don't need anymore. I just can't believe someone finds this to be a character flaw, but this was on "First Take" so we shouldn't be surprised.

Chiefspants
12-15-2012, 02:40 AM
This type of discourse only creates further division on what has universally been one of the most complex issues in this nation. Can we all just be united as a single human race?

Rugby Thompson
12-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Everyone on First Take is a racist. It's entertainment though, you can't deny that. Sooner or later, something even worse is going to happen on that show, I like it because it's one of the rare shows left on TV where you feel like someone is going to blow up and say something stupid and you know the producers are telling them to say it in they're ears. Stephen A, Skip, Parker, they're all puppets.

Setsuna
12-15-2012, 10:51 AM
To be honest, everyone is from Africa if you believe the oldest human bones ever discovered hailed from there. But I digress, I'm always tempted to not even check off the AA designation on applications and what not.

loochy
12-15-2012, 10:54 AM
This type of discourse only creates further division on what has universally been one of the most complex issues in this nation. Can we all just be united as a single human race?

uhm no. Haven't you paid attention to history? That will NEVER happen.

Rausch
12-15-2012, 10:55 AM
So in short he's too fucking smart to be a black man in DC...

Rausch
12-15-2012, 10:57 AM
uhm no. Haven't you paid attention to history? That will NEVER happen.

You're on crack...

boogblaster
12-15-2012, 10:58 AM
. ..............................................................

Setsuna
12-15-2012, 10:59 AM
You're on crack...

When the Anti-Christ comes then everyone will be united.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 11:02 AM
So in short he's too fucking smart to be a black man in DC...

That appears to be the train of thought. I guess he needs to have 5 different baby momas, drive around in his escalade with the gold rims while eating a bucket of chicken and a watermelon, wearing gold chains and his pants 10 sizes to big in order to qualify as black. :facepalm:

Start Croyle
12-15-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think it was that horrible! Provocative, yes; but not something to be fired over!

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't think it was that horrible! Provocative, yes; but not something to be fired over!

It was'nt horrible, just extremly stupid. If a white person had said the same thing, they would have been fired already so, yes he should be fired for not only being a fucking retard but, also for trying to stir up shit

Dylan
12-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Marion Barry wants to know if he was black enough.

Rob Parker's actions on TV are reprehensible. It's amazing he still has a job in the media. His writings while at the NY Daily News and Detroit News were poorly written and poorly argued - in fact it cost Parker his job.

Rausch
12-15-2012, 01:04 PM
That appears to be the train of thought. I guess he needs to have 5 different baby momas, drive around in his escalade with the gold rims while eating a bucket of chicken and a watermelon, wearing gold chains and his pants 10 sizes to big in order to qualify as black. :facepalm:

Too bad for them.

No matter how much the "ghetto crowd" wants to drag him back down that's not who he is...

TLO
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Tool

Demonpenz
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
RGIII has done nothing but good and he still has haters. Just the way the world works.

Dylan
12-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Essentially, Rob Parker said if you were a "real black person" and "down with the cause," you would not marry a white woman or vote Republican.

I am glad to see ESPN is dealing with serious backlash against Parker, who accused Robert Griffin III of being a "cornball brother" who is not black enough.

I do not know who looks worse: ESPN or Rob Parker. ESPN’s 'First Take' producers approved Parker's comments before the show. Parker was just too dumb to know when he crossed over the line.

Nevertheless, ESPN’s 'First Take' producers are responsible for replaying Parker's comments throughout the day. It’s a very condescending, reductive line ESPN chooses to walk. Although, par for the course for an episode of 'First Take.'

I am surprised a show known to 'Embrace Debate' would ignore the controversy on Friday.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
He said some odd things, but I think I get why he was trying to say. I think it's just something that bothers him when he perceives another minority to be assimilating to dominant culture. Nothing wrong with that, but he shouldn't have brought it up because he doesn't know RGIII. That's what made it inappropriate.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 03:15 PM
He said some odd things, but I think I get why he was trying to say. I think it's just something that bothers him when he perceives another minority to be assimilating to dominant culture. Nothing wrong with that, but he shouldn't have brought it up because he doesn't know RGIII. That's what made it inappropriate.

No, what was innapropriate was that he believes that RGIII is selling out because he does'nt act "black". What difference does it make who he votes for or who he is in love with? What goes on in his personal life is none of this dumbasses buisness.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Matt Cassel isn't white enough!

12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
No, what was innapropriate was that he believes that RGIII is selling out because he does'nt act "black". What difference does it make who he votes for or who he is in love with? What goes on in his personal life is none of this dumbasses buisness.

I'm pretty sure it makes a difference to a lot of black people. Since when did we stop getting into a celebrity's personal life?

Crush
12-15-2012, 03:24 PM

So having a financially-awarding job, planning to marry the woman that you love regardless of race, and not wanting to be defined by the color of your skin is "assimilating to dominant culture?" Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds?

12-15-2012, 03:34 PM
So having a financially-awarding job, planning to marry the woman that you love regardless of race, and not wanting to be defined by the color of your skin is "assimilating to dominant culture?" Do you realize how ****ing stupid that sounds?

It can be perceived that way. Apparently Rob Parker thinks so. I don't think the issue is necessarily any one of those things, but its the fact that he apparently lacks oppositional traits--besides the braids, I guess.

Crush
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
It can be perceived that way. Apparently Rob Parker thinks so. I don't think the issue is necessarily any one of those things, but its the fact that he apparently lacks oppositional traits--besides the braids, I guess.

Sigh. The Mayans were right. The world is going to end in six days.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it makes a difference to a lot of black people. Since when did we stop getting into a celebrity's personal life?

Well, I guess I'm in the minority when I say I don't give a shit what an entertainer does in his or her own private life. So I would tell those who do to mind their own fucking beeswax

Dylan
12-15-2012, 03:54 PM

Too bad Rob Parker is the antithesis of everything Martin Luther King Jr. fought and died for in 1968.

Mr. King Jr. had left us with "I Have A Dream" speech – One of the greatest and most memorable moments in the history of American oratory.

Excerpt: I Have a Dream
Martin Luther King Jr. August 28, 1963

I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American Dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; thal all men are created equal".

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today....

http://boes.org/docs2/mking01.html

12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Too bad Rob Parker is the antithesis of everything Martin Luther King Jr. fought and died for in 1968.

Mr. King Jr. had left us with "I Have A Dream" speech – One of the greatest and most memorable moments in the history of American oratory.

Excerpt: I Have a Dream
Martin Luther King Jr. August 28, 1963

I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American Dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; thal all men are created equal".

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today....

Yes I'm sure Dr. King would have loved for a white person to get to use this part of his speech every time he or she felt it convenient to turn a blind eye to race.

blaise
12-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Well, there is something wrong with that. Using the term, 'cornbread' and really even raising the question at indicates that RGIII would be doing something wrong by assimilating. The only way you shouldn't be bothered is if you think black people should be derided, ridiculed, or have negative words like cornbread associated with them for voting Republican or marrying a white person.
I guess if you're closed minded about what it should mean to be black or white things like that would be ok. I don't know any other reason why it would be.
The motivation of the question by Parker wasn't anything positive. It was intended to reflect negatively on RGIII.

ClevelandBronco
12-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Unless Mr. Parker has showered with Mr. Griffin, I don't think he's qualified to say whether or not Mr. Griffin is "black enough."

ThaVirus
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Unless Mr. Parker has showered with Mr. Griffin, I don't think he's qualified to say whether or not Mr. Griffin is "black enough."

LMAO

Dylan
12-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Yes I'm sure Dr. King would have loved for a white person to get to use this part of his speech every time he or she felt it convenient to turn a blind eye to race.

I don't spend time worrying about it. But, apparently Rob Parker does.

I'm hungry.

Crush
12-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Isn't the goal to turn a blind eye to race and judge everyone based on character instead of skin color?

CLX
12-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Everyone on First Take is a racist. It's entertainment though, you can't deny that. Sooner or later, something even worse is going to happen on that show, I like it because it's one of the rare shows left on TV where you feel like someone is going to blow up and say something stupid and you know the producers are telling them to say it in they're ears. Stephen A, Skip, Parker, they're all puppets.

I wouldn't call it entertainment, I'd call it krap.

Setsuna
12-15-2012, 09:17 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ThaVirus
12-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I understand what this guy is trying to say, but its pretty much all around retarded. My main issue with it is that its divisive and that's all that really needs to be said..

But to go a bit further, I also don't like it because it just seems so arbitrary. Ok, so he has braids in his hair and that makes him 'blacker' somehow? What if he had dreads? Would he be even more black? Would he be 'more black' for liking fried chicken and playing basketball? How about driving a Cadillac?

Does a Hispanic person not liking rice and beans make them 'less Hispanic'?

And to highlight the fact that he has a white fiance? That was his worst move, in my opinion. First of all, it basically makes it seem like you're against interracial dating/marriage, and secondly you sound like a complete idiot for commenting on someone else's feelings. Who gives a shit if he's gold and she's silver? If they love each other that should be all that matters..

Like I said, I understand what the guy is saying because I've seen that general line of thought in action before; but trying to grasp that type of mindset is tough because its so damn stupid. Be yourself; you don't have to be defined by some predetermined racial constructs.

It reminds me of the Dr. Seuss quote: "Today you are you. That's truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you"

KCWolfman
12-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Proof that you can be a minority race and still be as big a racist bigot as a white male Klan member.

Valiant
12-16-2012, 12:23 PM

Yet so many Blacks voted for the honky Obama and like Tiger Woods too now right??

MahiMike
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
I always knew there was a 'cause'. Do we have any cornball brotha's here that can explain it to us?

MahiMike
12-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Proof that you can be a minority race and still be as big a racist bigot as a white male Klan member.

Chris Rock is surprised by this comment...And Dave Chappell...and every other black comic.

KCWolfman
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Chris Rock is surprised by this comment...And Dave Chappell...and every other black comic.

Jamie Foxx isn't.

http://youtu.be/XNhPeAd4t-k

Molitoth
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM

I can't stand it when people refer to blacks as African-American. I don't know why this term has been accepted as the politically correct way to refer to someone's skin tone. The majority of blacks in America are not from Africa.

IMO if you are going to refer to someone as their skin color, at least call them "browns".... because nobody is "black" either. Granted, I am not White on the color palette.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-08-2013, 02:00 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

ESPN fires Rob Parker http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SM5

Rob Parker, the commentator who created controversy when he questioned whether Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is a “cornball brother” because he has a white fiancee, has been fired by ESPN.

“Rob Parker’s contract expired at year end. Evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew,” an ESPN spokesman said in a written statement.

ESPN can spin this as simply a decision not to renew his contract, rather than a firing, but the reality is that ESPN specifically stated on December 20 that Parker had been suspended for 30 days, and as of December 20, ESPN was expecting Parker back at the end of his 30-day suspension. (He made the comments on December 13, so a 30-day suspension from that date would have ended on January 12.)

So why did Parker’s discipline change from a 30-day suspension to termination? ESPN isn’t saying, but it may be that the network was unhappy with a recent interview Parker gave in which he said that ESPN knew what he was going to say on the air before he said it. In that interview, Parker also seemed to backtrack on his previous apology, complaining that people took his “cornball brother” statement out of context.

Parker has long been known for drawing attention to himself by stirring up controversy, and it’s unsurprising that he eventually took it too far and got himself fired. But ESPN is hardly blameless in all this: Parker made his comments on ESPN First Take, a show that celebrates provocation, and at first ESPN’s producers were so pleased with Parker’s comments about Griffin that the network re-aired the comments on Best of First Take. It was only later, after ESPN was criticized for airing the comments, that the network apologized.

And now, much later, ESPN has finally done what many viewers said it should have done from the beginning, and fired Parker.

AussieChiefsFan
01-08-2013, 02:02 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

ESPN fires Rob Parker http://wp.me/p14QSB-6SM5

Rob Parker, the commentator who created controversy when he questioned whether Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is a “cornball brother” because he has a white fiancee, has been fired by ESPN.

“Rob Parker’s contract expired at year end. Evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RGIII comments, we decided not to renew,” an ESPN spokesman said in a written statement.

ESPN can spin this as simply a decision not to renew his contract, rather than a firing, but the reality is that ESPN specifically stated on December 20 that Parker had been suspended for 30 days, and as of December 20, ESPN was expecting Parker back at the end of his 30-day suspension. (He made the comments on December 13, so a 30-day suspension from that date would have ended on January 12.)

So why did Parker’s discipline change from a 30-day suspension to termination? ESPN isn’t saying, but it may be that the network was unhappy with a recent interview Parker gave in which he said that ESPN knew what he was going to say on the air before he said it. In that interview, Parker also seemed to backtrack on his previous apology, complaining that people took his “cornball brother” statement out of context.

Parker has long been known for drawing attention to himself by stirring up controversy, and it’s unsurprising that he eventually took it too far and got himself fired. But ESPN is hardly blameless in all this: Parker made his comments on ESPN First Take, a show that celebrates provocation, and at first ESPN’s producers were so pleased with Parker’s comments about Griffin that the network re-aired the comments on Best of First Take. It was only later, after ESPN was criticized for airing the comments, that the network apologized.

And now, much later, ESPN has finally done what many viewers said it should have done from the beginning, and fired Parker.ROFL

MotherfuckerJones
01-08-2013, 02:03 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Was wondering why if youre a Jags fan, why you had Bray as QBOTF for KC

blaise
01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
He's an idiot. He went right back to the RGIII stuff. It was obvious he learned nothing.

jd1020
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
You can tell where Rob Parker was on the totem pole.

He gets fired for "Cornball brotha."

Stephen A. Smith sips coffee while saying "nigga" half a dozen times.

frankotank
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
IMO if you are going to refer to someone as their skin color, at least call them "browns".... because nobody is "black" either. Granted, I am not White on the color palette.

http://p.twimg.com/AvDJtWdCMAAy_YW.jpg:large

jd1020
01-08-2013, 03:01 PM

http://p.twimg.com/AvDJtWdCMAAy_YW.jpg:large

All I see is teeth.

MotherfuckerJones
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Rob Parker isnt black enough for ESPNLMAO

TLO
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM