PDA

View Full Version : Football Bills GM: 'Time is now' to trade up for a QB

Skyy God
12-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Romeo/Pioli, if you get cute and win another meaningless game, I will cut you.

In what has become a weekly discussion of his franchise's quarterback situation, Bills GM Buddy Nix suggested Friday that he's keen on trading up to address the position in this year's draft.

"Let me say this: I think there's a time that in the era that you're in and the development of your team, there's a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback," Nix said. "And I think the time's now for us ... We need a good, young quarterback, and we're going to do our best to get him." Nix has waffled a bit on the issue, but has essentially conceded that Ryan Fitzpatrick is not the solution.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251225/coughlin-rb-wilson-can-handle-the-workload

loochy
12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Romeo/Pioli, if you get cute and win another meaningless game, I will cut you.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/251225/coughlin-rb-wilson-can-handle-the-workload

dude we could get fitz from them

or we could get thig back

Reerun_KC
12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Chiefs fans jump into frozen rivers hearing this news....

This is not how you win, you draft some junk ILB or a RG...

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
perfect...chiefs fans want to trade down for the 5th best QB...'value,' ya know...

Chief Roundup
12-14-2012, 09:40 AM
As long as we get the 1st pick the Bills can take whoever they want.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Only fitting that Haley fires Galey, Pioli fires Haley, Haley ends up in Pittsburgh with Ben Roethlisberger and Galey ends up in Buffalo with Geno Smith...

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:44 AM
As long as we get the 1st pick the Bills can take whoever they want.

We're gonna trade it to the Bills.

-King-
12-14-2012, 09:48 AM
What the fuck advantage does he gain by coming out in public and saying this? If anything this is a huge disadvantage.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I think earlier in the year I called Geno Smith to Buffalo on here. :)

Chief Roundup
12-14-2012, 09:50 AM

Boy wouldn't that be a kick in the balls. Fuck the Bills and thier 4 SB failures.

suds79
12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
What the **** advantage does he gain by coming out in public and saying this? If anything this is a huge disadvantage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Placate the fans?? I don't know.

Lets look at it this way. Now every GM knows when the phone rings from the Bills that they're looking to trade up.

Is that really a big deal knowing it ahead of time vs them calling the day of the draft and let that GM know they're looking to trade up?

The end situation is the same. The GM for the top spot is going to try to get as much as he can.

Rasputin
12-14-2012, 09:52 AM
We beat the Raiders this weekend. I AM GOING TO START THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE MYSELF. I am going to start WWIII. I am going become the Anti-Christ myself. :fire: and :reaper: will follow.

:cuss:

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:54 AM
What the **** advantage does he gain by coming out in public and saying this? If anything this is a huge disadvantage.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because he knows Scott Pioli is looking to trade down.

The deal is already done.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Lets look at it this way. Now every GM knows when the phone rings from the Bills that they're looking to trade up.

Is that really a big deal knowing it ahead of time vs them calling the day of the draft and let that GM know they're looking to trade up?

The end situation is the same. The GM for the top spot is going to try to get as much as he can.

This.

Rasputin
12-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I think what it does is gives his fan base hope. More than what we got.

Brock
12-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Not much of a poker face, I see.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
I think what it does is gives his fan base hope. More than what we got.

Fools gold.

The ONLY thing it accomplishes is fomenting the want for a QB amongst the fans.

And in April, when a trade doesn't materialize and the Bill take an offensive tackle, the fans will be PISSED.

He should keep his mouth shut.

siberian khatru
12-14-2012, 10:03 AM

You can never enough Dexter McClusters to fill out your roster.

mcaj22
12-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Fools gold.

The ONLY thing it accomplishes is fomenting the want for a QB amongst the fans.

And in April, when a trade doesn't materialize and the Bill take an offensive tackle, the fans will be PISSED.

He should keep his mouth shut.

what it does is it shows he wont be afraid to trade up with a team to get a guy like Geno Smith

essentially Chiefs fans should now be afraid of a team like Buffalo. Yes they showed their hand, but that's a lot more than Pioli and Clark do for the Chiefs. You dont see them coming out and saying they want a QB, which would be nice to know so I dont have to be let down when Pioli drafts another DT in the first round next spring

tk13
12-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Negotiating from a position where the other side knows you'll bend over backwards is never a good thing. This sounds more like "Don't fire me, I really mean it this time." Look at people in this thread liking this, and we don't even root for the Bills.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:06 AM
i would cry if Clark came out and said we're drafting a QB

BoneKrusher
12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Geno would be a perfect fit with Cailey.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:08 AM
what it does is it shows he wont be afraid to trade up with a team to get a guy like Geno Smith

essentially Chiefs fans should now be afraid of a team like Buffalo. Yes they showed their hand, but that's a lot more than Pioli and Clark do for the Chiefs. You dont see them coming out and saying they want a QB, which would be nice to know so I dont have to be let down when Pioli drafts another DT in the first round next spring

And what happens when they can't trade up?

Are you seriously suggesting that Clark coming out and saying they're going to draft a QB would make you feel better?

Because Clark said BEFORE HE HIRED PIOLI that he wanted to draft a QB and we got Matt fucking Cassel.

Saying anything now is foolish and silly.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Negotiating from a position where the other side knows you'll bend over backwards is never a good thing. This sounds more like "Don't fire me, I really mean it this time." Look at people in this thread liking this, and we don't even root for the Bills.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know.

NOTHING good can come from him saying this.

At best, they trade up and get a QB, which would have satisfied everyone had he said this or not.

At worst, nobody wants to trade with them and he ends up looking like an idiot.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:10 AM

He's said it before. And we haven't done it.

So why would him coming out and saying it mean anything at all?

BigCatDaddy

Tears of joy?

Rasputin

As soon as we know for sure we get the number one pick of the draft, I want to know that we are taking a QB and that QB be Geno Smith. If we get the second or third pick of the draft then they need to play cool about it and not lead so much one way or another.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:11 AM
As soon as we know for sure we get the number one pick of the draft, I want to know that we are taking a QB and that QB be Geno Smith. If we get the second or third pick of the draft then they need to play cool about it and not lead so much one way or another.

If we get the #1 pick, we'll know a few weeks (if not more) before the draft who we're taking.

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:11 AM
He's said it before. And we haven't done it.

So why would him coming out and saying it mean anything at all?

no, he hasn't

and i just told you that it would mean something

tk13
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Let's put it this way. Pioli comes out today and says we're drafting a QB next year, even if we have to trade up... no matter what it takes. I'm sure everyone in this thread would want Clark to retain Pioli then, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Let's put it this way. Pioli comes out today and says we're drafting a QB next year, even if we have to trade up... no matter what it takes. I'm sure everyone in this thread would want Clark to retain Pioli then, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

you should try harder...to troll the thread

Rasputin
12-14-2012, 10:16 AM
If we get the #1 pick, we'll know a few weeks (if not more) before the draft who we're taking.

I am afraid that trading down is too tempting for this organization. Unless we get a GM that stands firm with the #1 pick and Geno be the man O'

Reerun_KC
Posted via Mobile Device
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rxib8k.gif

tk13
you should try harder...to troll the thread

It's not trolling if I'm right.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
no, he hasn't

and i just told you that it would mean something

Yeah, he has. He said before he ever hired Pioli that he wanted this franchise to draft and develop it's own QB.

And are you suggesting that you're happy with lip service? Because that's all it is. ALL it is.

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

how can one be 'right' about a hypothetical that one's self proposed?

can i take credit for tautologies?

loochy
12-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ok so its trolling then

htismaqe
I am afraid that trading down is too tempting for this organization. Unless we get a GM that stands firm with the #1 pick and Geno be the man O'

They would have to have a trading partner in order to trade down...

Which makes this Bills GM's statement even more stupid...

the Talking Can
Yeah, he has. He said before he ever hired Pioli that he wanted this franchise to draft and develop it's own QB.

And are you suggesting that you're happy with lip service? Because that's all it is. ALL it is.

no, he's never said "we're drafting a QB"

-King-
12-14-2012, 10:20 AM

Yes it is a big deal. Its the same reason you don't go to a car dealership saying "Man I REALLY need a car".

Everytime this guy talks about trading up, the price to trade up goes higher.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:21 AM
no, he's never said "we're drafting a QB"

No, he said he wants this team to draft and develop a QB. Which we've in turn NOT DONE.

You won't EVER hear Clark say "we're drafting a QB". That's the GMs job. The GM currently is Scott Pioli.

So I guess tk13 wasn't trolling after all...

ndws
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
I think what it does is gives his fan base hope.

Insanity. Who does that?????

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes it is a big deal. Its the same reason you don't go to a car dealership saying "Man I REALLY need a car".

Everytime this guy talks about trading up, the price to trade up goes higher.
Posted via Mobile Device

there's only 1 #1 pick...there are lots of cars and dealership

the price for the pick (whichever pick it is) is going to be set by the # of teams bidding for it...saying you're bidding for it two months in advance, or two weeks, really makes no difference...

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:24 AM
saying you're bidding for it two months in advance, or two weeks, really makes no difference...

Then why say it?

tk13
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
how can one be 'right' about a hypothetical that one's self proposed?

can i take credit for tautologies?

Hey, if you're a drooling mongoloid that needs your terrible GM to say things like this to give you "hope," then good for you. I just don't care. Just do the deed and get it over with. You don't have to make a show of it to try and save your job. If you didn't suck at your job you wouldn't need to give the fans hope to begin with.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
No, he said he wants this team to draft and develop a QB. Which we've in turn NOT DONE.

You won't EVER hear Clark say "we're drafting a QB". That's the GMs job. The GM currently is Scott Pioli.

"i would cry if Clark came out and said we're drafting a QB"

is what I said...no idea what you read, but that's what I said

don't give a shit about pioli, or I would have said "I would cry if Pioli came out and said...."

and yes, tk13 was trolling...which is fine, but it is what it is...

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I know.

NOTHING good can come from him saying this.

At best, they trade up and get a QB, which would have satisfied everyone had he said this or not.

At worst, nobody wants to trade with them and he ends up looking like an idiot.

Y'mean like when Clark said, "We're currently attempting to bring Peyton Manning to Kansas City"

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey, if you're a drooling mongoloid that needs your terrible GM to say things like this to give you "hope," then good for you. I just don't care. Just do the deed and get it over with. You don't have to make a show of it to try and save your job. If you didn't suck at your job you wouldn't need to give the fans hope to begin with.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't say anything about pioli...

sorry your trolling failed...and for someone who 'just don't care,' it's weird you're in the thread having a hissy fit

do you always 'just don't care' this way?

ILChief
12-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I wish he was our GM

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 10:30 AM
They would have to have a trading partner in order to trade down...

Which makes this Bills GM's statement even more stupid...

After the ass kickings they gave us the past couple of years it would be funny if it was us

ILChief
12-14-2012, 10:30 AM
There is one team. Arizona makes two. McShay is a Moran

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:31 AM
"i would cry if Clark came out and said we're drafting a QB"

is what I said...no idea what you read, but that's what I said

don't give a shit about pioli, or I would have said "I would cry if Pioli came out and said...."

and yes, tk13 was trolling...which is fine, but it is what it is...

Why would you cry? Because it makes you feel better?

Would you feel even better if he told you they were drafting a QB and then they drafted another DT?

Because that's the situation the Bills are faced with.

whoman69
dude we could get fitz from them

or we could get thig back

I hope you're kidding

tk13
I was just making a factual statement. If you can't handle that, sorry. I wouldn't Pioli's job to be saved over some comment to the press like this. I stated my case. Seems to me everyone else is throwing the hissy fit and avoiding the subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I wish he was our GM

ROFL Because look at how good the Bills are. Look at all their recent playoff seasons LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Y'mean like when Clark said, "We're currently attempting to bring Peyton Manning to Kansas City"

Precisely.

If Manning came to KC, everybody would have been ecstatic to the point that they WOULDN'T EVEN REMEMBER THAT CLARK SAID THAT.

But Manning didn't come to KC, and Clark's statement looks like one big fat lie.

ILChief
12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
ROFL Because look at how good the Bills are. Look at all their recent playoff seasons LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

At least they recognize the problem

htismaqe
This place has just lost its collective mind.

People are more worried about being told we're gonna draft a QB, or being told the GM is going to get fired, instead of just waiting to watch it happen.

No words coming from the franchise at this point MEAN ANYTHING. So why want them to say anything? It's some kind of bizarre Linus-with-his-blankie syndrome.

-King-
Its hilarious how people need coaches/GMs/owners to make statements. I don't give a fuck about what any of them say. I care about what they do.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
I was just making a factual statement. If you can't handle that, sorry. I wouldn't Pioli's job to be saved over some comment to the press like this. I stated my case. Seems to me everyone else is throwing the hissy fit and avoiding the subject.
Posted via Mobile Device

you didn't make a factual statement

you presented a hypothetical scenario...one that no one actually gives a shit about

htismaqe

Who says the Chiefs don't? The only difference is they didn't tell you.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Its hilarious how people need coaches/GMs/owners to make statements. I don't give a **** about what any of them say. I care about what they do.
Posted via Mobile Device

This.

-King-
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Who said Clark doesn't?

Why do you need GMs and coaches to make statements like this?
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Who says the Chiefs don't? The only difference is they didn't tell you.

We'll see. I will be (pleasantly) surprised if they draft a first round QB. I fully expect a trade for Alex Smith or Matt Flynn or draft a second tier QB

Chief Gump
12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2rxib8k.gif

Holy shit! What is the story behind this? Did anyone in that truck survive?

the Talking Can
12-14-2012, 10:39 AM
This place has just lost its collective mind.

People are more worried about being told we're gonna draft a QB, or being told the GM is going to get fired, instead of just waiting to watch it happen.

No words coming from the franchise at this point MEAN ANYTHING. So why want them to say anything? It's some kind of bizarre Linus-with-his-blankie syndrome.

people aren't worried about anything, so you can step off your high horse anytime...

i for one would love it if Clark came out and said 'we're drafting a QB with our first round pick'...it would mean something to me: relief (anyone waiting 30 years for a QB can be excused this anxiety)

...don't give a shit if it doesn't matter to you, or if you're a bad ass 'keeping it real' fan who knows 'how it is' in the world of NFL execs...

HemiEd
12-14-2012, 10:40 AM
So it is ok now to believe anything that is said about the draft, from an NFL front office prior to the draft?

Gotcha, just checking.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli already might get his job saved because Belcher shot himself in the face. And because Clark Hunt really really really loves money. Two things that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Pioli is competent at his job. Which he isn't.

Sorry, just rambling at this point. For all I know we'll lose to the Raiders on Sunday and Pioli will get fired on Monday. That's what I predicted several months ago in the When Does Pioli Get Fired? pool.

ILChief
12-14-2012, 10:41 AM
If we clinch the first pick there is no reason not to just say we are drafting a QB. It's not like anyone can trade up in front of you

tk13
12-14-2012, 10:42 AM
you didn't make a factual statement

you presented a hypothetical scenario...one that no one actually gives a shit about

Yeah its a hypothetical, but it's more than a fair point. You're welcome to continue avoiding it. This is the same GM that put down $60 million on Ryan Fitzpatrick. But hey, now he's a hero because he said this. Don't fire him.
Posted via Mobile Device

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Who said Clark doesn't?

Posted via Mobile Device

being we have had the likes of herm edwards & romeo trolling the sidelines as HC recently, I highly doubt he does...

whoman69

It may be the GMs job, but the owner needs to step in and show some leadership.

wazu

No casualties: http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/awning.asp

CoMoChief
Only fitting that Haley fires Galey, Pioli fires Haley, Haley ends up in Pittsburgh with Ben Roethlisberger and Galey ends up in Buffalo with Geno Smith...

Chiefs baby!!!!

Doing shit wrong since 1970.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:52 AM
people aren't worried about anything, so you can step off your high horse anytime...

i for one would love it if Clark came out and said 'we're drafting a QB with our first round pick'...it would mean something to me: relief (anyone waiting 30 years for a QB can be excused this anxiety)

...don't give a shit if it doesn't matter to you, or if you're a bad ass 'keeping it real' fan who knows 'how it is' in the world of NFL execs...

Why would you feel relief when they HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING?

You'd think waiting for 30 years would wake you up.

I'm not on a high horse, nor am I a badass. I just don't get it. You seem to want hollow words that mean nothing.

-King-
12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Pioli already might get his job saved because Belcher shot himself in the face. And because Clark Hunt really really really loves money. Two things that have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Pioli is competent at his job. Which he isn't.

Sorry, just rambling at this point. For all I know we'll lose to the Raiders on Sunday and Pioli will get fired on Monday. That's what I predicted several months ago in the When Does Pioli Get Fired? pool.

The fact that Clark loves money is even more reasons to fire Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
If we clinch the first pick there is no reason not to just say we are drafting a QB. It's not like anyone can trade up in front of you

Well yeah, sure.

But that's not what we're talking about, are we?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 10:54 AM
It may be the GMs job, but the owner needs to step in and show some leadership.

He'll show some leadership the day after the Denver game.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2012, 10:54 AM

and in this draft you don't think Pioli will be tempted to trade the 1st for multiples?

suds79
12-14-2012, 11:16 AM

I don't see how the driver could have.

Brock
12-14-2012, 11:20 AM
and in this draft you don't think Pioli will be tempted to trade the 1st for multiples?

Who wouldn't be?

Skyy God
12-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Who wouldn't be?

Absolutely. Picks are totally more valuable than filling a glaring hole at the most important position in football.

Brock
12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Absolutely. Picks are totally more valuable than filling a glaring hole at the most important position in football.

What if you don't think there's a QB worth spending the top pick for, and you can get a huge bounty of picks and get your QB later? I'm not saying that's what I'd do, but it certainly could be justified.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 11:37 AM
What if you don't think there's a QB worth spending the top pick for, and you can get a huge bounty of picks and get your QB later? I'm not saying that's what I'd do, but it certainly could be justified.

If I could be GUARANTEED of getting my QB later, I'd roll the dice.

But if there's a chance I trade down and end up getting nothing, I'm not doing it.

notorious
12-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

If Pioli made this announcement CP members would simultaneously JIMP and kill themselves.

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 11:38 AM

5 of the qbs in the draft are better than anything we got right now

Skyy God
12-14-2012, 11:41 AM
5 of the qbs in the draft are better than anything we got right now

Your point being? The goal isn't to draft the 25th best QB.

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Your point being? The goal isn't to draft the 25th best QB.

I'm on your side, dude

Skyy God
12-14-2012, 11:44 AM

Sounds like you're advocating for drafting the best QB value as opposed to the best QB available.

Brock
12-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Sounds like you're advocating for drafting the best QB value as opposed to the best QB available.

Nope, I'm merely remembering that Jimmy Clausen was talked about as being a top 5 pick around here.

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Nope, I'm merely remembering that Jimmy Clausen was talked about as being a top 5 pick around here.

Being a scardy pants won't get you anywhere. You've got to try shit to make things happen.

Unfortunately I'm afraid the organization has the same view as yourself.

Dayze
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
someone in another thread said something like 'You can never take the hottest chick in HS to the prom if you don't even ask her out"

....yeah, the Chiefs have been asking out the creepy chick that smells like band-aids.

Brock
12-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Being a scardy pants won't get you anywhere. You've got to try shit to make things happen.

Unfortunately I'm afraid the organization has the same view as yourself.

I don't know what my view is yet. All I'm saying is there may not be an elite QB in this draft. The possibility has to be acknowledged.

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't know what my view is yet. All I'm saying is there may not be an elite QB in this draft. The possibility has to be acknowledged.

Then fuck it.

Clark - fold the team & have Whiteman use Arrowhead as a B-2 bunker busting testing facility

notorious
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM

History says that you are correct.

2013 - Draft best QB in 1st round
2013 - Draft another good QB prospect
2014 & 2015 - Draft a good QB prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round (Both years)

2016 - Rinse and repeat if none of the QBs work out

Short version: Constantly have QB's coming in to develop so that we can use them or trade them for more picks.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Jimmy Clausen wouldn't have been any worse than Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel.

Jimmy Clausen's record wouldn't have been worse than a 2-fer.

Brock
12-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Jimmy Clausen wouldn't have been any worse than Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel.

Jimmy Clausen's record wouldn't have been worse than a 2-fer.

That's no justification.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:15 PM

It has been acknowledged. And it's been addressed.

There's also no elite LT, nor do we need one.

There's potentially 2 elite pass rushers but one of them has a health issue and we already have 2.

That leaves QB and DT. Do you want a defensive tackle?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:16 PM
That's no justification.

Sure it is. Because Jimmy Clausen MIGHT have been better, too. His floor was 2-14, which is what we have now. Nothing but upside.

We've tried EVERY method of acquiring a QB short of drafting one in the 1st round.

There's only 1 thing left to do.

Brock
12-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Sure it is. Because Jimmy Clausen MIGHT have been better, too. His floor was 2-14, which is what we have now. Nothing but upside.

We've tried EVERY method of acquiring a QB short of drafting one in the 1st round.

There's only 1 thing left to do.

This is not how NFL teams operate. You know better.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2012, 12:20 PM
It has been acknowledged. And it's been addressed.

There's also no elite LT, nor do we need one.

There's potentially 2 elite pass rushers but one of them has a health issue and we already have 2.

That leaves QB and DT. Do you want a defensive tackle?

Any Elite RBs ?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:21 PM
This is not how NFL teams operate. You know better.

So should we just throw up our hands then?

I mean, that's where we've arrived at isn't it?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Any Elite RBs ?

No. In fact, there might not be a single RB with a 1st-round grade.

Brock
12-14-2012, 12:23 PM

:facepalm: I love how it's either one extreme or the other around here constantly.

notorious
12-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Any NFL team that has a clue needs to draft one QB every draft.

ptlyon
12-14-2012, 12:26 PM

See my post below

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Current franchise QBs who were not considered "elite" at the time they were drafted:
1) Tom Brady
2) Drew Brees
3) Matt Ryan
4) Ben Roethlisberger
5) Matt Schaub
6) Josh Freeman
7) Philip Rivers

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:38 PM
:facepalm: I love how it's either one extreme or the other around here constantly.

We're likely to have the #1 overall pick for the first and only time in franchise history.

That is the DEFINITION of "extreme".

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Current franchise QBs who were not considered "elite" at the time they were drafted:
1) Tom Brady
2) Drew Brees
3) Matt Ryan
4) Ben Roethlisberger
5) Matt Schaub
6) Josh Freeman
7) Philip Rivers

Amongst many of the scouting services, Ryan and Rivers were absolutely considered elite prospects. They weren't consensus like Eli Manning but they were considered elite prospects. Freeman and Roethlisberger were in that "next" group ala Ryan Tannehill last year.

Brock
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
We're likely to have the #1 overall pick for the first and only time in franchise history.

That is the DEFINITION of "extreme".

That doesn't mean everybody has to go full retard. "We should have drafted Jimmy Clausen" is ****ing retarded.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
That doesn't mean everybody has to go full retard. "We should have drafted Jimmy Clausen" is ****ing retarded.

Would we be better off now with Jimmy Clausen? Maybe.

Would we be worse off now with Jimmy Clausen? No.

Pretty cut and dried to me.

notorious
12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Would we be better off now with Jimmy Clausen? Maybe.

Would we be worse off now with Jimmy Clausen? No.

Pretty cut and dried to me.

Sums up my take.

Molitoth
12-14-2012, 12:48 PM

We should be drafting the highest rated qb every year until we find one that works. Then we build the team around him.

BlackHelicopters
12-14-2012, 12:49 PM
1) Tom Brady
2) Drew Brees
3) Matt Ryan
4) Ben Roethlisberger
5) Matt Schaub
6) Josh Freeman
7) Philip Rivers

Please define"franchise" QB. Thank you.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 12:49 PM

What do we stand to gain from all the draft picks we'll have coming in?

ILBs, DTs, CBs, and WRs. FUCKING YIPPEE.

You also have to take into account that probably 75% of those guys won't work out in the pros. If we're lucky ONE of them will be an elite player that we need at those spots.

All while missing out on the best QB in the draft.

There. I've entertained the possibility of a trade down. I gave it serious thought. For another team like the 0-16 Detroit Lions, that may have been the thing to do. For the Kansas City Chiefs, where we already have good players, just a fucking black hole at QB, that's NOT the right thing to do. At all.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM

I'm not sure where you're going with this. Are you saying the top QBs in this draft are as bad as Jimmy Clausen?

If so, then YOU'RE the one being retarded.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Are you saying the top QBs in this draft are as bad as Jimmy Clausen?

No, he's saying we did the right thing by passing on Clausen because Clausen has ultimately turned out to not be very good.

The problem with that thinking is that EVERY QB coming out is nothing but potential. At the time Clausen was drafted, he had potential. The situation in Carolina didn't turn out.

But that doesn't mean he would have flamed out here. He might have - he also might have flourished under Weis the same way Matt fucking Cassel did.

Who knows, maybe the disagreement over Cassel never happens, Weis never leaves, and we're headed towards the playoffs right now?

The point is that we will NEVER KNOW because the team is too scared to take a fucking risk.

Rugby Thompson
12-14-2012, 01:00 PM
No, he's saying we did the right thing by passing on Clausen because Clausen has ultimately turned out to not be very good.

The problem with that thinking is that EVERY QB coming out is nothing but potential. At the time Clausen was drafted, he had potential. The situation in Carolina didn't turn out.

But that doesn't mean he would have flamed out here. He might have - he also might have flourished under Weis the same way Matt ****ing Cassel did.

Who knows, maybe the disagreement over Cassel never happens, Weis never leaves, and we're headed towards the playoffs right now?

The point is that we will NEVER KNOW because the team is too scared to take a ****ing risk.

Exactly, should have kept Weis. Can't be changing OC's every off season and fucking up the chemistry.

Brock
12-14-2012, 01:01 PM

It never fails. Somebody interjects some reason into an argument involving drafting a QB and it turns into "You're scared to draft a QB". I personally am in favor of staying where they are and drafting a QB. But only an idiot doesn't acknowledge the possibility that none of these QBs are good enough to draft #1 overall, and the possibility that the next GM of this team would rather have a bunch of draft picks and what he thinks is as good a QB later.

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
The point is that we will NEVER KNOW because Pioli is too scared to take a fucking risk.

FYP

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:06 PM
It never fails. Somebody interjects some reason into an argument involving drafting a QB and it turns into "You're scared to draft a QB". I personally am in favor of staying where they are and drafting a QB. But only an idiot doesn't acknowledge the possibility that none of these QBs are good enough to draft #1 overall, and the possibility that the next GM of this team would rather have a bunch of draft picks and what he thinks is as good a QB later.

Everybody here has already acknowledged the FACT that there might not be a QB good enough to draft #1 overall.

The problem is that there isn't any other player, at any other position, that's good enough to draft #1 overall either.

Unless you want a DT.

I've never suggested that YOU were too scared. I'm pretty sure I knew where you stand, even before you posted it in the above.

All I'm saying is that I've considered the possibility that you raised...

And I've dismissed it. There is no other suitable course of action.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 01:08 PM

I appreciate that you're seeing all sides to this debate.

I did the same awhile ago. I came to the conclusion that this team doesn't fucking need all those extra picks. What we need is a GM who knows how to fucking draft. If Tyson Jackson, Dexter McCluster, Jon Baldwin, Tony Moeaki, or even fucking Gabe Miller were any good at all, absolutely nobody would think we have a lack of talent on this team. If you hit on 2 or more of your draft picks per year, you're doing an above average. We haven't had one of those drafts since 2008, and thanks to Pioli all of those players are leaving.

So you're right. We need the QB, and we should stay at #1 and draft that guy. What you're not considering when you're weighing the options is if we even need all those draft picks if we could just bring in a GM who acquires talent through the draft like a competent talent evaluator should.

Brock
12-14-2012, 01:10 PM
All I'm saying is that I've considered the possibility that you raised...

And I've dismissed it. There is no other suitable course of action.

It doesn't matter whether you've considered it and dismissed it. It exists.

Hoover
12-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Everybody here has already acknowledged the FACT that there might not be a QB good enough to draft #1 overall.

You can't use the word FACT and "might" in the same sentence, because then its not a FACT.

I don't understand why Geno is so disrespected, but the talking heads all loved Tim Couch, David Carr, and Russell

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:12 PM
It doesn't matter whether you've considered it and dismissed it. It exists.

And I've acknowledged it exists.

So what's the problem again? :D

Tribal Warfare
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
You can't use the word FACT and "might" in the same sentence, because then its not a FACT.

I don't understand why Geno is so disrespected, but the talking heads all loved Tim Couch, David Carr, and Russell

Jeff George and Ryan Leaf too

BossChief
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Has a team picking first overall ever willingly traded out of the pick when they needed a qb?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM

No, the possibility that none of the QBs in this draft are worth a #1 overall pick is a FACT. There might not be one.

What experts are you talking about? Guys like Kiper LOVED Jamarcus Russell, thought he was one of the best prospects EVER. Kiper is one of the ones trying to tell everyone there's no elite QB in this draft.

ChiefsCountry
Has a team picking first overall ever willingly traded out of the pick when they needed a qb?

San Diego

Hoover
San Diago and they too Brees in the 2nd

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:15 PM

The only trades I can remember that included the #1 overall pick involved QBs.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM
San Diego

San Diego didn't trade the pick. They took Eli Manning and then traded his rights to the Giants and took Phillip Rivers.

Hoover
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM
No, the possibility that none of the QBs in this draft are worth a #1 overall pick is a FACT. There might not be one.

What experts are you talking about? Guys like Kiper LOVED Jamarcus Russell, thought he was one of the best prospects EVER. Kiper is one of the ones trying to tell everyone there's no elite QB in this draft.
Two sentences fixes the problems.

My point about Geno is just what you said. Russell is the best ever, but Geno isn't worth the pick. I don't trust them, or really care what they think.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 01:17 PM

Read his post again. He's saying he doesn't understand why a guy like Kiper thought Jamarcus Russell was phenomenal, but thinks Geno Smith isn't worth the high pick.

Hoover
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
San Diego didn't trade the pick. They took Eli Manning and then traded his rights to the Giants and took Phillip Rivers.
I'm talking about the 2001 draft when SD traded down from the 1st pick, which was Vick to take LT. Then they drafted Brees

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
My point about Geno is just what you said. Russell is the best ever, but Geno isn't worth the pick. I don't trust them, or really care what they think.

Makes sense now, sorry.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm talking about the 2001 draft when SD traded down from the 1st pick, which was Vick to take LT. Then they drafted Brees

Ah, yes.

Hoover
12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Making a move like SD did in 2001 is very risky, but if you hit pay dirt with a QB in the second you look like a genius.

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Making a move like SD did in 2001 is very risky, but if you hit pay dirt with a QB in the second you look like a genius.
They did hit pay dirt, too.

Lucky for us they were too fucking stupid to know what to do with it.

I know they had already drafted Rivers at that point, but when you have the season that Brees did in his last year in San Diego, how are you not tempted to take what you know is a good thing and cut your losses by trading the other?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 01:46 PM

San Diego really didn't hit pay dirt though. What do they have to show for that gamble? Nothing really. Certainly no hardware.

They ended up trading away the Super Bowl winner and are stuck with the whiner.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Of course if we didn't trade for Trent Green in 2001, we fuck the Chargers plan up.

Hoover
12-14-2012, 01:52 PM
San Diego really didn't hit pay dirt though. What do they have to show for that gamble? Nothing really. Certainly no hardware.

They drafted an all-world QB and RB in the first two rounds. The GM messed it up and drafted Rivers while letting Brees walk.

MahiMike
12-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Why draft just one? The Redskins just won a game with TWO rookie QBs!

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 02:00 PM
They drafted an all-world QB and RB in the first two rounds. The GM messed it up and drafted Rivers while letting Brees walk.

Brees wasn't all-world in San Diego. He wasn't all world until he got to New Orleans and teamed up with Sean Payton.

Outside of a great 2004 season, he average over 15 INTs a season and barely scratched 6.0 ypa.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2012, 02:03 PM

In fairness, they really wanted E. Manning(drafted him) and basically were forced to settle. I suppose they coiuld be faulted for drafting Rivers over Roethlisberger......

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 02:06 PM
In fairness, they really wanted E. Manning(drafted him) and basically were forced to settle. I suppose they coiuld be faulted for drafting Rivers over Roethlisberger......

True. That's fair.

Fuck Eli Manning...

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh damn, I hate you.

Now I just thought "what if we draft Geno and he refuses to play in KC?"

Deberg_1990
12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh damn, I hate you.

hahahah....lets hope that doesnt happen.

I always found it funny that Archie didnt want Eli to play in SD because he thought it was a poor organization and didnt want his son to experience what he did in NOLA. Then, they got really good nearly immediatly after that with Marty.

I wonder if Marty would have won a title with Eli?

Red Beans
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh damn, I hate you.

They guy plays college ball at West Virginia. Outside of the possibility of proximity to family, it's not like WV's a cultural mecca. Hell, I'm surprised the mountain folk haven't revolted with a black QB at the helm of their prestigious institution. I have a hard time believing that spending time in KC would be any worse than spending time in Morgantown, WV...

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Amongst many of the scouting services, Ryan and Rivers were absolutely considered elite prospects. They weren't consensus like Eli Manning but they were considered elite prospects. Freeman and Roethlisberger were in that "next" group ala Ryan Tannehill last year.

Ryan had a lot of question marks and Rivers was absolutely a second-class citizen to Manning, who was more of a question-mark than Peyton.

Ryan and Rivers were both consensus top 10 QBs, just not elite. Geno Smith, to me, is a better prospect than Ryan, Schaub and Freeman were on tools alone. So is Geno Smith an elite prospect or not? To me, he is. Maybe he's not A+ like Luck and Griffin, but he is certainly no worse than an A-.

mcaj22
12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Geno Smith is not an elite prospect. Definitely a good prospect/player though.

whoman69
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
The Chiefs have forfeited the ability to judge an QB prospect elite or not. Their need is so great that if the player is a first round talent, he must be drafted. Its QB or bust. If the player busts then we rinse/repeat in 3 years.

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for that completely subjective and well-thought analysis. You are such a waste of space.

BossChief
12-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Give me 5 reasons why.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
The Chiefs have forfeited the ability to judge an QB prospect elite or not. Their need is so great that if the player is a first round talent, he must be drafted. Its QB or bust. If the player busts then we rinse/repeat in 3 years.

Yep.

bricks
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
If the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick, and the Bills come along and want to trade up to the Chiefs slot, would you do it?

The Chiefs could possibly still get a QB with Bills pick. But just knowing that they could receive a ton from the Bills, hmmmm....something to think about.

I'm with the majority that they should draft a QB, but, I don't think that you have to go 1st overall to get one. I still think they should draft one in the 1st regardless though.

I just don't feel as if drafting a QB is going to be the answer overnight. This team needs more than just a QB, if they can still get a ton of picks and a QB then the chances of addressing the holes on this team improve far more significantly.

It's something to think about. Having the 1st overall pick is almost like a luxury in this case.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Trollin'......down in New Orleeeeeeeans...

Sorter
12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
If the Chiefs have the #1 overall pick, and the Bills come along and want to trade up to the Chiefs slot, would you do it?

The Chiefs could possibly still get a QB with Bills pick. But just knowing that they could receive a ton from the Bills, hmmmm....something to think about.

I'm with the majority that they should draft a QB, but, I don't think that you have to go 1st overall to get one. I still think they should draft one in the 1st regardless though.

I just don't feel as if drafting a QB is going to be the answer overnight. This team needs more than just a QB, if they can still get a ton of picks and a QB then the chances of addressing the holes on this team improve far more significantly.

It's something to think about. Having the 1st overall pick is almost like a luxury in this case.

I'm sure the Rams are much happier with Bradford, Brockers, Jenkins and co. instead of RGIII.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
So now the Bills want to piss on my Chocolate Painii Parade, eh?

NEVAR!!!!!!

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM

We haven't had a top flight QB in TWENTY YEARS. We haven't had a homegrown QB EVER.

But having the 1st overall pick is "almost like a luxury".

I may have to take a break from the board because I don't think I can listen to this shit for 3 months.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm sure the Rams are much happier with Bradford, Brockers, Jenkins and co. instead of RGIII.

Exactly.

bricks
12-14-2012, 03:48 PM

RGIII is a special player.

How do we know if Geno is that good?

Is there an elite QB prospect in this draft?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2012, 03:51 PM

There is no Luck. There rarely if ever is. That said, it's time to take the shot and Geno is the Top Man for the gig.

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2012, 03:52 PM

Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year.

You never "know" anything as there is always risk with any player no matter what someone says.

Brock
12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year.

Other than that whole winning the Heisman thing. let's not rewrite history.

Sorter
12-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Well, if you haven ability at all in evaluating QBs, it would seem fairly easy to see that Geno is a better prospect and more complete of a passer than Ryan, Stafford, Bradford, Tannehill Weeden, Wilson, Newton, Flacco, etc.

How do "we" know if Geno is that good? Well, why don't you start by watching some fucking games. Youtube is a wonderful free entity that might help you out there.

I don't know how you define "elite QB prospect" but he's the best prospect not named RG3 or Luck to come out in quite some time. So, for me, he's elite.

HemiEd
1) Tom Brady
2) Drew Brees
3) Matt Ryan
4) Ben Roethlisberger
5) Matt Schaub
6) Josh Freeman
7) Philip Rivers

Do you think all of those are elite now?

I might argue with you on a couple of them not being considered elite at draft time, but that is not the path I want to go down.

BigCatDaddy
Other than that whole winning the Heisman thing. let's not rewrite history.

Because everyone expects Heisman winning QB's to be special in the NFL. Go back and check mock drafts from this time last year. Hell there was a debate on if we should take him at 11 if he was there.

You heard all the usual crap. "He's a running QB." "He plays in the spread." "The offense and/or WR's are the reason for his numbers".

Let's not rewrite history that him and Luck were 1A and 1B all season long.

bricks
12-14-2012, 03:56 PM
As much as I want the QB, I want a the head coach just as bad.

RGIII is great, and I have to attribute some of his successes to Shanny.

No way do I see him having that type if success here especially with this coaching staff and management, can't see it.

HemiEd
12-14-2012, 03:57 PM

:banghead: I should have read one post further down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2012, 03:58 PM

No way do I see him having that type if success here especially with this coaching staff and management, can't see it.

This I'll concede. Our coaching staff( along with management, ownership, hot dog vendors etc.)is absolute dogshit and twice as useless.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Tony Dungy won a Super Bowl. Lovie Smith and Bill Callahan coached in Super Bowls.

Without the QB, coaching means nothing.

And with the RIGHT QB, even mediocre coaches can win it all.

HemiEd
12-14-2012, 04:02 PM
They did hit pay dirt, too.

Lucky for us they were too ****ing stupid to know what to do with it.

I know they had already drafted Rivers at that point, but when you have the season that Brees did in his last year in San Diego, how are you not tempted to take what you know is a good thing and cut your losses by trading the other?

Brees got hurt, and they were not sure he would recover from the injury.

HemiEd
12-14-2012, 04:09 PM

They need to take the one that they think is best, not the one the Bills didn't pick. Just once, just fucking once, go all in on a QB.

Brock
12-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Because everyone expects Heisman winning QB's to be special in the NFL. Go back and check mock drafts from this time last year. Hell there was a debate on if we should take him at 11 if he was there.

You heard all the usual crap. "He's a running QB." "He plays in the spread." "The offense and/or WR's are the reason for his numbers".

Let's not rewrite history that him and Luck were 1A and 1B all season long.

I'm just saying that "Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year" is bullshit.

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm just saying that "Nobody thought RGIII was anything special this time last year" is bullshit.

I guess it depends on what you mean by special. Nobody was saying he would do in the NFL what he is doing right now for sure.

FlaChief58
12-14-2012, 04:24 PM

No. QB is the only choice for this team. They get the pick of the litter with the #1 overall so, trading out of that spot and hoping your guy will be there when you do finally pick is stupid IMO. Identify who you think "the man" is and take him.

QB may not fix everything thats wrong with this team but, it can fix a whole helluva lot

Sorter
12-14-2012, 04:28 PM
I guess it depends on what you mean by special. Nobody was saying he would do in the NFL what he is doing right now for sure.

Speak for yourself.

BossChief
12-14-2012, 04:47 PM
The guys who didn't know RG3 would be this good are McShay and Kiper.

He was at the bottom of the first on both guys big boards last year this time.

Molitoth
12-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Well, if you haven ability at all in evaluating QBs, it would seem fairly easy to see that Geno is a better prospect and more complete of a passer than Ryan, Stafford, Bradford, Tannehill Weeden, Wilson, Newton, Flacco, etc.

How do "we" know if Geno is that good? Well, why don't you start by watching some ****ing games. Youtube is a wonderful free entity that might help you out there.

I don't know how you define "elite QB prospect" but he's the best prospect not named RG3 or Luck to come out in quite some time. So, for me, he's elite.

Thisthisthisthis!!

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Who the fuck would we draft with those extra picks?

Keep in mind that very likely 75% of those new guys won't work out. That's IF we got a deal like the Rams got for the 2nd overall last year.

I'd rather have the better QB.

12-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Damn I hope Pioli is fired. He is probably all excited at the prospect of making a deal with the Bills as we speak.

SAUTO
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Damn I hope Pioli is fired. He is probably all excited at the prospect of making a deal with the Bills as we speak.
Lol, this whole thing sounds like they think they can trade back into the first from the second.

Like taking a qb that slips.

"moving up a round"
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
12-14-2012, 06:22 PM
This offseason could cause CP to go Chernobyl

BossChief
12-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Let's say it's a best case scenario of a trade back and we move back to 4-6 and get the haul the Rams got of 2 first rounders and a second IN ADDITION TO THE 6th overall. At that point, we are talking about Aaron Murray, Matt Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Jones, Thomas and a couple others as possibilities for the pick.

Fuck all that noise. I'm sick and tired of this team settling for second best at quarterback and building a team around quarterbacks that are "good enough" It's time to start the Geno to Bowe era in KC.

TribalElder
12-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Didn't the bills overpay Fitzpatrick already?

RealSNR
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Let's say it's a best case scenario of a trade back and we move back to 4-6 and get the haul the Rams got of 2 first rounders and a second IN ADDITION TO THE 6th overall. At that point, we are talking about Aaron Murray, Matt Barkley, Glennon, Nassib, Jones, Thomas and a couple others as possibilities for the pick.

Fuck all that noise. I'm sick and tired of this team settling for second best at quarterback and building a team around quarterbacks that are "good enough" It's time to start the Geno to Bowe era in KC.

I feel so woefully underprepared for the CP mock draft this year because my entire focus and attention has been on QBs-- in discussion on and off CP and when I watch games. At least the last few years I was forced to bear the thought of the Chiefs going another year without a QB, so I got to know as many players as I could. Now that's all fucking gone.

So admittedly, I have no clue who it is we could pick up in addition to our Grade 2 QB. At this point, I don't even really fucking care. Bringing aboard Smith (and I would accept Wilson too) is of such tantamount importance that it doesn't fucking matter.

Did it matter who the Colts picked up in last year's draft? Fuck no. Colts fans looked at the rest of the draft and said, "Okay... a new TE? Sweet. A NT? Awesome. Cool..... yeah..... and HOLY SHIT WE GOT ANDREW LUCK!"

Maybe it's because I have no fucking clue what direction we're going to move in. Pioli and Crennel are going to be gone. Who we hire as replacements is anybody's guess, but you can bet your ass they'll be changing shit up. I have no idea if another defensive line rebuild would be advantageous starting in the second round, or if we should stock up on secondary, or maybe find some flashy as fuck offensive playmakers.

This is a long-winded way of saying I don't fucking give a fucking shit about more picks. This is kind of a shit draft overall. I really don't care about the nameless faces I don't know that we could add to our CBs and LBs and WRs. I just don't fucking give a shit.

Geno Smith or get fucked.

bricks
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Who the **** would we draft with those extra picks?

Keep in mind that very likely 75% of those new guys won't work out. That's IF we got a deal like the Rams got for the 2nd overall last year.

I'd rather have the better QB.

I'm not thinking like that.

I'm thinking we trade out of the 1st overall slot down and still grab our 1st round QB.

I'm not saying we should do it, but I'm thinking what if they did and still managed to draft their QB? Get a couple of 1st rounders in the process maybe throw in the fact that the Chiefs will have a few 2nd rounders. And then let's say they scored on half of those extra picks?

Yeah I want the QB too. But you know what? It's more than a QB, I'm thinking greedy here, I want a ****ing QB, a LBer, another DB and some damn good WRs and OL on top.

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Find the best QB. Draft the best QB 1st overall. Win.

Rugby Thompson
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Fitzpatrick sucks

ILChief
12-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Didn't the bills overpay Fitzpatrick already?

About like we overpaid Cassel

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not saying we should do it, but I'm thinking what if they did and still managed to draft their QB?

What if they did and managed to get a handful of dogshit on no QB?

bricks
12-14-2012, 07:53 PM
What if they did and managed to get a handful of dogshit on no QB?

It could go either way but I'm thinking big

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 07:54 PM

Not really.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:54 PM

In his 1st December mock draft, Todd McShay had RG3 going THIRTY SECOND.

The "nobody thought RG3 was anything special this time last year" is ABSOLUTELY true when it comes to the pundits.

Now if you're talking about this and other message boards, lots of people thought he was special.

But Kiper, McShay, and all these idiots saying there's no QB worth a 1st round pick this year had RG3 at the BOTTOM of their first round this time last year.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:55 PM

You're being greedy. That's a good way to end up with an ILB, OT, and NO FUCKING QB.

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 07:56 PM

The "nobody thought RG3 was anything special this time last year" is ABSOLUTELY true when it comes to the pundits.

Now if you're talking about this and other message boards, lots of people thought he was special.

But Kiper, McShay, and all these idiots saying there's no QB worth a 1st round pick this year had RG3 at the BOTTOM of their first round this time last year.

Meanwhile, some of the CP prognosticators correctly predicted that he would go much much earlier.

bricks
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
You're being greedy. That's a good way to end up with an ILB, OT, and NO ****ING QB.

:LOL:

It's a good way to end up with a QB, an ILB and NO ****ING OT.

We are going to get it dont worry:p It's our time baby!

Brock
12-14-2012, 08:07 PM

NFP had him at 5 on 12/7/11. Kiper had him at 4 in January.

So no, 'nobody thought RGIII was anything special at this time last year" is bullshit. I'm right.

notorious
12-14-2012, 08:18 PM
This offseason could cause CP to go Chernobyl

Honestly, there are some days I wish the server would melt down and not get replaced for a few months.

Talking Chiefs football on here for the last 6 years usually ends up pissing me off.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2012, 08:18 PM
NFP had him at 5 on 12/7/11. Kiper had him at 4 in January.

So no, 'nobody thought RGIII was anything special at this time last year" is bullshit. I'm right.

Tony Pauline of SI also had him at 12 the first week of November. By December he had climbed even more (I also found the NFP rating you did).

GloryDayz
12-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm sure all CHunt sees are dollar signs.... They'll pay him by stuffing coin in an offshore account... I suspect he's thinking about it and planning on using the, "It's not a good draft class" excuse as his justification to line his pockets yet again...

Sorter
12-15-2012, 04:09 AM
I feel so woefully underprepared for the CP mock draft this year because my entire focus and attention has been on QBs...
Geno Smith or get ****ed.

^^This.

milkman
12-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Not sure that telling everyone that this is the time to trade up for a QB is the right thing to do, but at least Nix isn't saying "Ryan Fitzpatrick is our starting QB, and I think everyone knows that".

Hammock Parties
12-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Why are people so dumb?

Pioli is done.

SAUTO
12-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm sure all CHunt sees are dollar signs.... They'll pay him by stuffing coin in an offshore account... I suspect he's thinking about it and planning on using the, "It's not a good draft class" excuse as his justification to line his pockets yet again... for once could you compose a post that makes sense?
Posted via Mobile Device

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Why are people so dumb?

Pioli is done.

Yep, no way he survives this. If he does, clark will have proven beyond a shaddow of a doubt that he is in way over his head and I will put serious thought into turning in my fan card.

Chris Meck
12-15-2012, 11:55 AM
In year 4, on coach #2, after "22 guys off the street could win two games", Pioli's likely to have a team that wins...2 games.

He's done. He won't be drafting anyone this spring.

Rausch
12-15-2012, 12:06 PM
And that retarded trade partner is Pioli...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
The guys who didn't know RG3 would be this good are McShay and Kiper.

He was at the bottom of the first on both guys big boards last year this time.

Further proving at the end of the day, these two are worth less than a bag of dickhammers.

Geno Smith or get fucked.

This. This right here.

Rausch
12-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Further proving at the end of the day, these two are worth less than a bag of dickhammers.

This. This right here.

I'm not a Smith fan. At all.

DO NOT WANT.

That said we get a new GM ready to build around the QB I'll shut my mouf and love grooming anyone...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm not a Smith fan. At all.

DO NOT WANT.

That said we get a new GM ready to build around the QB I'll shut my mouf and love grooming anyone...

Sir, this is one of those times where your opinion veers in to "useless bag o' dickhammers" territory. I've been there too. It's okay.:D

Rausch
12-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Sir, this is one of those times where your opinion veers in to "useless bag o' dickhammers" territory. I've been there too. It's okay.:D

I'm ok with being wrong as long as wrong means TRYING...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 12:46 PM

We're no longer trying. We're canning this abortion of management, drafting Geno, and shall commence DOING.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
We're no longer trying. We're canning this abortion of management, drafting Geno, and shall commence DOING.

:clap:

whoman69
12-15-2012, 01:23 PM

If we miss on a first round QB this year, three years later rinse/repeat. I have no problem with the Chiefs struggling for a time if it means they're finally serious about getting a QB they can develop.

Chief Roundup
12-15-2012, 01:38 PM

I won't totally disagree but they are not just projecting talent but how that talent will equate into the NFL.
Has any NFL team every been successful running the spread option type of offense that they are using in Washington? Not that I can remember.
I am not saying Griffin can't run a "normal" offense. But I don't think he would be nearly as successful in a WC, Coryell, etc. that we see run by most teams.

If Griffin and the skins can't figure out a way to better protect him Griffin won't last long. 13 games into the season and already a concussion and knee injury.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Geno, and shall commence DOING.

...geno and the chiefs fan base...all night long

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1583232_o.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-15-2012, 03:08 PM
...geno and the chiefs fan base...all night long

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1583232_o.gif

LMAO