PDA

View Full Version : Life Sad day

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Nearly 15 years ago a 6 week old puppy came into our lives and gave us many years of laughter, joy and love.

At 12:30 this morning my wife woke me while crying and holding our baby who was breathing her last breaths. Since the Mrs could not have any kids of her own, Annabelle was a special part of our lives.

RIP Annabelle, you will always be loved and never forgotten

Update: Thanks again everyone. She's back home safe and sound. We still have to add the picture to the front

bevischief
12-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Been there done that. It sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Unsmooth-Moment
12-15-2012, 05:48 AM
That's a tough one. Losing a best friend is never easy.

soopamanluva
12-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Been through it too

AussieChiefsFan
12-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Sorry for your loss...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 06:29 AM
:(

I'm sorry.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Thank's everyone. I just made the appointment to have her cremated and put in a urn per the Mrs request. This weekend is going to be a sad one in the Flachief home :(

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 06:37 AM
It's never easy, bro. I've said it before, I have an 8 year old Jack Russell and I am not looking forward to the day. I have no kids, and this is my first dog. It makes me sad every time I read one of these threads.

Gronk467
12-15-2012, 06:43 AM
:(Sorry for your loss. :(

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 06:48 AM
:(Sorry for your loss. :(

WE'VE GOT ANOTHER AUSSIE!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
12-15-2012, 07:09 AM
EDIT: Sorry wrong thread.

Again, Im sorry for your loss :(

DC.chief
12-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Sorry for your loss man

BoneKrusher
12-15-2012, 07:39 AM
sorry for you loss man, it's tuff.
been there done that.

mikey23545
12-15-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm so sorry, FlaChief...they really get to be part of our lives, and part of our family...

Sincerest condolences...

Bwana
12-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear that dude, she sounds like a great dog.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear that dude, she sounds like a great dog.

Thanks, she really was. She was our first pet that we got together. Although I've had and lost other pets, this one hurts a lot.

Dartgod
12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
It's never easy, bro. I've said it before, I have an 8 year old Jack Russell and I am not looking forward to the day. I have no kids, and this is my first dog. It makes me sad every time I read one of these threads.

Exactly this. My wife and I have no children, so our dogs are our pride and joy. I wouldn't trade a minute of the memories we'll have from them to avoid the sorrow we're bound to have in just a few short years.

RIP to your pup, Flachief58 and prayers for you to cope with your loss.

mlyonsd
12-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry man. It's going to be a rough time for a while. Hang in there.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry for your loss.

I'm looking out my office window at the spot in the yard our dog took her last breath on Tuesday night. It's tough, man.

Hang in there, and remember the good times.

Phobia
12-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry bud. It sucks that dogs don't live 80 years.

Toadkiller
12-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear it. We had to put down our dog this year, was rough. Thoughts are with you.

go bo
12-15-2012, 11:15 AM
i lost my constant companion of 8 1/2 years a few months back and i still cry when i think about him...

we have another dog, but she was a late comer and just isn't the same as my lucky...

eventually, when i stop crying i want to get another puppy, but not just yet...

so sorry for your loss flachief58 and you too otwp...

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks again everyone. Shes at the crematory now, we can pick her up on tuesday. We still have 2 more dogs who are 13 and 14. I don't think we will be getting any more dogs for awhile once they are gone but, who knows for sure.

I never thought that the death of a pet would be so hard. I guess it's true that pets are family members whom you develop true feelings for (even moreso than a lot of people I've met)

Condolences to you who've lost your best friend.

BigRedChief
12-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks again everyone. Shes at the crematory now, we can pick her up on tuesday. We still have 2 more dogs who are 13 and 14. I don't think we will be getting any more dogs for awhile once they are gone but, who knows for sure.

I never thought that the death of a pet would be so hard. I guess it's true that pets are family members whom you develop true feelings for (even moreso than a lot of people I've met)

Condolences to you who've lost your best friend.Pets are definitely members of the family. Those feeling are real. And so is the pain of your loss. Been there done that. Sorry for your loss.

Rausch
12-15-2012, 12:12 PM
WE'VE GOT ANOTHER AUSSIE!!!!

Like weeds they keep growing...:facepalm:

TRR
12-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry for your loss.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cephalic Trauma
12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Sucks man. Sorry to hear that.

Dave Lane
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
This is the worst thing that can happen to a person other than having to make that decision yourself.

Give another pup a chance to light up your life, Annabelle would be proud you are helping another pup be truly happy.

Mr. Plow
12-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Ugh. Sorry for your loss. I'm ready for some happy stuff around here.

Al Czervik
12-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Peace and Prayers to you and your wife...
What a cool looking Dog....You guys did a great job
taking care of her....

PRIEST
12-15-2012, 01:55 PM
:(

I'm sorry.

This

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
2 hours ago, my GF and I walked into our house greeted happily by her tiny little dog, who she has had for 9 years.
2 min later the dog had, what I believe was a stroke, and/or heart attack. I've never seen a dog die of natural causes. It was...disturbing.
My GF is inconsolable. She loved that dog like a child.
I just finished putting her in the ground a few minutes ago.
Sad Day indeed.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 02:09 PM
2 hours ago, my GF and I walked into our house greeted happily by her tiny little dog, who she has had for 9 years.
2 min later the dog had, what I believe was a stroke, and/or heart attack. I've never seen a dog die of natural causes. It was...disturbing.
Sad Day indeed.

Damn, sorry man.

Just in case anyone is curious, the cremation with urn only cost $130. About $300 less than I thought it would and well worth it

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Damn, sorry man.

Just in case anyone is curious, the cremation with urn only cost $130. About $300 less than I thought it would and well worth it

Sorry for your loss as well. I showed her your thread, and she is sorry for your loss as well.
The time of our dogs passing are very close to one another..
Here's a pic. She is on the right.

BigRedChief
12-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry for your loss as well. I showed her your thread, and she is sorry for your loss as well.
Here's a pic. She is on the right.Ms. Beach Tribe, sorry for your loss too.

Steve
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
sorry for your loss

memyselfI
12-15-2012, 03:15 PM
My sympathies for your loss. However, congratulations on 15 loving and wonderful years. May the memories of those times together bring you comfort.

memyselfI
12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Here's a pic. She is on the right.

Damn, I'm sorry for your loss as well. Send our sympathies to your girl friend.

mikey23545
12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Sorry for your loss, beach tribe....

Damn, we do need some cheerful news around here...

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 03:22 PM
My sympathies for your loss. However, congratulations on 15 loving and wonderful years. May the memories of those times together bring you comfort.

This. Remember the good times. That's what I'm telling my GF.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 03:26 PM
This. Remember the good times. That's what I'm telling my GF.

We've been looking at her photo album today and doing just that. I'm making one of her favorits today, bacon wrapped chicken breast. She was my biggest fan when it came to my BBQ :)

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 03:26 PM
It's crazy that she displayed absolutely no signs of poor health prior to her stroke/heart attack. She was 13 years old, but was more active than my 4 yr old Min Pin.

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 03:28 PM
We've been looking at her photo album today and doing just that. I'm making one of her favorits today, bacon wrapped chicken breast. She was my biggest fan when it came to my BBQ :)

We were looking at all of her photos as I was looking for one to post here. She was crying uncontrollably. She's still sobbing. Wish I knew of something I could do to make her feel better....Man, she loved that dog.

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Not trying to hijack your thread my friend, but just wanted to say if anyone has a lost loved one that they miss, feel free to post their picture and remember them.

FlaChief58
12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
We were looking at all of her photos as I was looking for one to post here. She was crying uncontrollably. She's still sobbing. Wish I knew of something I could do to make her feel better....Man, she loved that dog.

Just be there to comfort her. It will get better over time and your bond will grow stronger if she knows you will be there for her when it counts

beach tribe
12-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Just be there to comfort her. It will get better over time and your bond will grow stronger if she knows you will be there for her when it counts

Thanks a lot, man. I'm trying. She knows I loved Scully too. That was her name. X-files was here favorite show when she got her. Her twin sister has a boy dog named Fox.

She is really touched by the responses from CPers.
Thanks everybody.

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2012, 10:41 AM

I understand completely. I'm hurting over the loss of our dog, but I'm hurting more because my wife is hurting.

It's been 4 days, and she'll still just start crying out of nowhere. Or she'll see a picture of her, a blanket or a toy and it gets her started.

It's tough. Hang in there.

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdbjer.jpg

BigRedChief
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I understand completely. I'm hurting over the loss of our dog, but I'm hurting more because my wife is hurting.

It's been 4 days, and she'll still just start crying out of nowhere. Or she'll see a picture of her, a blanket or a toy and it gets her started.

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdbjer.jpgsorry for you and Mrs. Onthewarpath's loss. I hope that with time that the pain goes away and only the pleasant memories remain.

LOCOChief
12-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I am sorry FlaChief. We put down our puppy of 15 years Pete Friday at 11 am. Pete joined our family as a Christmas present for our 6 year old son. Our son has been away a college for 4 years now. I came home from work early Friday morning coaxed Pete into standing, put his leash on him and picked him up and placed him on his side at the vets, and told him we love him very much until he was gone, this memory is too much to bear right now the wife and I are completely heartbroken. I feel for your loss.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-16-2012, 11:06 AM
This is the worst thing that can happen to a person other than having to make that decision yourself.

Give another pup a chance to light up your life, Annabelle would be proud you are helping another pup be truly happy.

I agree with this 100%.

Sad Day indeed.

:deevee: Reading this thread, I've noticed it's getting very dusty in here. I have got to go. But please give my most sincere condolences to your lady. It's just sad.

bevischief
12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
It sucks no matter what. This is where I was calling when I started calling around to the shelters, rescues to go thru the paperwork for when I was ready to go forward. Be it tomorrow or 6 months from now.

FlaChief58
12-16-2012, 11:24 AM

http://i50.tinypic.com/fdbjer.jpg

Good looking dog. I'm so sorry for your loss. Today is somewhat better. I took the Mrs out for breakfast and then some christmas shopping to try and get her mind on something else. The plan was working until we got home :(

BigRedChief
12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
I am sorry FlaChief. We put down our puppy of 15 years Pete Friday at 11 am. Pete joined our family as a Christmas present for our 6 year old son. Our son has been away a college for 4 years now. I came home from work early Friday morning coaxed Pete into standing, put his leash on him and picked him up and placed him on his side at the vets, and told him we love him very much until he was gone, this memory is too much to bear right now the wife and I are completely heartbroken. I feel for your loss.sorry for your loss.

Lumpy
12-16-2012, 11:32 AM
:( Truly sorry to hear about your loss.

GloryDayz
12-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Sorry for your loss... God....pets are wonderful! It never ceases to amaze me how important they become..

FlaChief58
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Updated the op