PDA

View Full Version : Life 18yo kid arrested yesterday for possibly planning a mass murder at his Highschool.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
:facepalm:

WTF man. Mayans were right.

http://www.kjrh.com//dpp/bartlesvillelive/police-arrest-bartlesville-high-school-student-thwart-possible-school-shooting-bombing

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. - A few hours after a shooter entered a Connecticut elementary school and killed more than 27 people, including 20 children, a Bartlesville high school student was in court – arrested Friday morning for planning his own school shooting, according to police.

Police arrested Sammie Chavez, 18, shortly before 5 a.m. at a residence in west Bartlesville on an arrest warrant for threats to kill.

According to the affidavit, the arrest stems from an investigation that began Thursday with a report made to police by the Bartlesville High School assistant-principal Layne Jones of possible threats toward the school's student body.

Police said a student confirmed that on Wednesday Chavez tried to recruit other students to help him “lure students into the school auditorium where he planned to begin shooting them after chaining the doors shut,” read the report.

The student reportedly told police Chavez threatened that if the student's assisting him did not do as he instructed, he would “not hesitate to kill them and/or himself."

Chavez reportedly told students he would place bombs by the doors in such a manner so when police arrived, he would detonate the bombs as they entered the building, killing them.

Police said Chavez had been attempting to acquire a diagram of the school campus and additionally had told a teacher he had purchased a handgun which he spent the weekend shooting.

A review of information obtained from the school computer used by Chavez showed searches from Nov. 30 for a .22 caliber rifle built on a machine gun platform, said police.

According to police, students witnessed Chavez not only “researching the Columbine High School massacre and remorseful letters on the 'in Memory' page," they also saw him looking at a website on how to build pipe bombs.
Despite the threats, police believe no students were ever in any immediate danger.

Bartlesville Police Capt. Jay Hastings in a statement released Friday afternoon said police are still investigating. He said they began a search for him immediately when he did not appear in school Thursday.

Facing a charge of conspiring to perform an act of violence, he appeared in Washington County District Court where a judge raised his bond from $200,000 to $1 million.

Chavez is due back in court on Jan. 11.

Bowser
12-15-2012, 02:11 PM
What in the hell is going on these days?

Coach
12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Our country has gone soft.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Bullying. The nerds are fighting back. But by all means, continue placing ALL the blame on them.

listopencil
12-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, pretty bad. I posted a link to this in the school shooting thread. Just that close to another incident.

TLO
12-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Give him the nut hooks.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I wonder what life is gonna be like 50 years from now. We might be fucked

Munson
12-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Police said Chavez had been attempting to acquire a diagram of the school campus and additionally had told a teacher he had purchased a handgun which he spent the weekend shooting.

I thought you had to be 21 years old to legally purchase a handgun?

CoMoChief
12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Take their gun, turn that son'bitch sideways........AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP ...HIS CANDY-ASS!!!!!

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLALALALALALALALALALA................................. .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................what The Rock.............is cookin'

Dave Lane
12-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Just give everyone an automatic weapon to carry around. Problem solved.

/DC

HonestChieffan
12-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Good on the school and bartlesville PD

SAUTO
12-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Bullying. The nerds are fighting back. But by all means, continue placing ALL the blame on them.
Even if the bullying part was true, the blame is still all on the person pulling the trigger
Posted via Mobile Device

Bump
12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Even if the bullying part was true, the blame is still all on the person pulling the trigger
Posted via Mobile Device

but you shouldn't ignore what is driving someone to do this.

Schools feel like a prison basically to some kids, the outcasts, the losers, the nerds, etc. A person only can take so much abuse before it drives them into a rage. not justifying it, but our schools are the worst out of all the free world, shitty teachers and staff that hate their jobs, shitty people having kids, etc.

-King-
12-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Bullying is bad. But nowhere bad enough for a kid to plan a mass murder at his school.

So yeah... ALL the blame is still on them.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they're just words. No big deal. I mean, bigger kids just beat the shit out of anyone who talks shit to them. Nerds, losers, retards, they can't. What can they do? Hmmm. Oh, that. I guess I shouldn't have worded it the way I did, because they are solely to blame for taking those kinds of actions, but I guess my Dad always told me not to write checks with my mouth that my ass couldn't cash. Maybe that applies here.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2012, 03:50 PM
I got bullied and made fun of a lot.

Fortunately I was raised right so I didn't pop a bunch of caps in asses because of nerd rage.

And I had easy access to guns.

Parenting matters.

Canofbier
12-15-2012, 03:50 PM
If everyone at his school studied intense martial arts, this wouldn't have been a problem to begin with, right?

Mr. Wizard
12-15-2012, 04:03 PM

Schools feel like a prison basically to some kids, the outcasts, the losers, the nerds, etc. A person only can take so much abuse before it drives them into a rage. not justifying it, but our schools are the worst out of all the free world, shitty teachers and staff that hate their jobs, shitty people having kids, etc.

Seriously? I am sure you think legalizing pot will cure all of this. When is the last time you spent a single minute in a school. As a teacher for 24 years in a public high school I can say I love my job and my kids. Bullying is a MAJOR emphasis in schools nationwide and is not tolerated if we find out about it. I have to say that in the years I have been teaching the primary culprit is a combination of two things.

1- A complete and utter lack of true role models and heroes for kids in their lives on a daily basis thereby leaving kids to lead kids. Parents, grandparents and families are blown to the wind and kids are completely left to their own devices without any sense of right and wrong. Give the kids a nintendo and a computer and it will babysit them for childhood. No need for family time, a sense of family pride and the shame that comes with dissapointing the family when you do something wrong.

2- Social media amounting to 80+ percent of communication between todays youth. Look around you, kids are no longer in the moment they are glued to twitter, texting and chat rooms. As a teacher I have had the opportunity to see many of those "conversations". Many of them are negative and fill our kids with a sense that they can say anything they want about or to someone without harm on either end.

We just built a new school with over 2000 kids and we have a tremendous number of great teachers who genuinely care about kids. To say we are are all shitty is a part of what I am talking about in #2 above. You are being a part of the problem and not the solution.

Want to help, talk to your local principal and start a school safety committee and involve as many school and community people as you can. Stop pushing pot and start pushing safe schools.

I personally started a school safety committee after this last tragedy and have already had 40+ volunteers. By the time we bring in the community we will be well over 100 adults AND students. Out only job will be to research what other schools are doing and brainstorm what we can do.

No school in the US would turn down volunteers but my guess is that it is easier to sit back and blame instead.

Sorry dude, I have kids who do pot on a daily basis in my classes mostly after school, but I am not nieve enough to say that is only when. Many of them come to school with a pretty high blood THC level just from the night before. Glassy eyed, tuned out, no attention span, ghosts who reside in the body of a student. You can spot them the first day of school.

You have a choice here, all of you. Either try to be a part of the solution or you are a part of the problem.

mikey23545
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM

Vaccines.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Spent a couple of hours with the wife son and daughter putting a few hundred rounds through our 45,380 and 38.

Just making sure they know gun safety and how to eliminate the threat.

I love my rights as an American.

kcfanXIII
12-15-2012, 04:06 PM

said nothing about a legal firearm.

ClevelandBronco
12-15-2012, 04:46 PM

The remedy, I assume, is to smoke more weed?

demonhero
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM

:LOL: This

ZepSinger
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM
If everyone at his school studied intense martial arts, this wouldn't have been a problem to begin with, right?

I never thought of this. Taking a course in self-defense would go along way toward getting the bullying to stop.

okcchief
12-15-2012, 05:35 PM
I think Flopnuts is kind on the right track. It doesn't justify going on a killing spree, but it does usually seem to be the reason this shit starts. The teachers and staff need training, and need to intervene when they see bullying. No one should be under attack when trying to receive an education.

It's been 23 years since I've been to highschool, but my teachers were pussies and would look the other way. I was a jock, and I never picked on anyone for no reason because if my dad caught wind of it he would whip my ass. Besides I always felt bad for outcasts and was always friendly. Even stopped a few from getting beat up when someone felt they needed to show how big their dick was. Kids are fucking brutal, and the ones being fucked with think their whole life is going to be this way and see red. Little do they know if they tough it out they'll be the boss of the same types of assholes.

Iowanian
12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
We should probably stop trying to fix kids like this.

he wants to go out in a blaze of glory?

Fine. Start hanging the little fuckers on the town square.

Dunit35
12-15-2012, 05:39 PM
We arrested a student yesterday who was pointing his "hand made into a gun" toward students. Moron jumped on the table started fake shooting up the school. Dared my Sgt to get him, Sgt tackled him.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2012, 05:41 PM
We arrested a student yesterday who was pointing his "hand made into a gun" toward students. Moron jumped on the table started fake shooting up the school. Dared my Sgt to get him, Sgt tackled him.

Meanwhile you ignored the quiet one in the corner drawing bloody pictures of his teachers' heads on spikes.

Good job.

Easy 6
12-15-2012, 05:48 PM
First thing they should do with this little asshole, is take him to the morgue to view the bodies of the slain kids, followed by a meeting with any of the grieving parents who are up to it.

See what he thinks after that.

Bump
12-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Seriously? I am sure you think legalizing pot will cure all of this. When is the last time you spent a single minute in a school. As a teacher for 24 years in a public high school I can say I love my job and my kids. Bullying is a MAJOR emphasis in schools nationwide and is not tolerated if we find out about it. I have to say that in the years I have been teaching the primary culprit is a combination of two things.

1- A complete and utter lack of true role models and heroes for kids in their lives on a daily basis thereby leaving kids to lead kids. Parents, grandparents and families are blown to the wind and kids are completely left to their own devices without any sense of right and wrong. Give the kids a nintendo and a computer and it will babysit them for childhood. No need for family time, a sense of family pride and the shame that comes with dissapointing the family when you do something wrong.

2- Social media amounting to 80+ percent of communication between todays youth. Look around you, kids are no longer in the moment they are glued to twitter, texting and chat rooms. As a teacher I have had the opportunity to see many of those "conversations". Many of them are negative and fill our kids with a sense that they can say anything they want about or to someone without harm on either end.

We just built a new school with over 2000 kids and we have a tremendous number of great teachers who genuinely care about kids. To say we are are all shitty is a part of what I am talking about in #2 above. You are being a part of the problem and not the solution.

Want to help, talk to your local principal and start a school safety committee and involve as many school and community people as you can. Stop pushing pot and start pushing safe schools.

I personally started a school safety committee after this last tragedy and have already had 40+ volunteers. By the time we bring in the community we will be well over 100 adults AND students. Out only job will be to research what other schools are doing and brainstorm what we can do.

No school in the US would turn down volunteers but my guess is that it is easier to sit back and blame instead.

Sorry dude, I have kids who do pot on a daily basis in my classes mostly after school, but I am not nieve enough to say that is only when. Many of them come to school with a pretty high blood THC level just from the night before. Glassy eyed, tuned out, no attention span, ghosts who reside in the body of a student. You can spot them the first day of school.

You have a choice here, all of you. Either try to be a part of the solution or you are a part of the problem.

I've seen first hand, bullies tormenting kids while teachers either ignore or join in. So, go fuck yourself.

Bump
12-15-2012, 07:12 PM
The remedy, I assume, is to smoke more weed?

the fuck does that have to do with anything?

ClevelandBronco
12-15-2012, 07:14 PM
the **** does that have to do with anything?

That's usually the question that springs to my mind when you recommend it in thread after thread after thread.

KCrockaholic
12-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Sucks that you can't really trust anybody in this world, maybe, possibly, outside of your own family. Even sometimes then, you never know.

I'm just not much of a people person. Or maybe I'm very judgmental because I spent a lot of time working in retail at one time. You see some crazy ass people if you work retail.

Mr. Wizard
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I've seen first hand, bullies tormenting kids while teachers either ignore or join in. So, go **** yourself.

Really, so all teachers are bad? You my stoner friend are exactly part of the problem. Keep on toking it up and blaming all of this horrible killing on teachers.

That should solve the problem.

I went to a public school for 12 years and then a public university six more. After receiving my masters degree I decided to be a teacher. Not a perfect one, and it took me a long time to learn what really matters. But now I realize I have the power to change the lives of my kids and therefore the lives of their kids.

What young lives have you changed for the better?
What young lives exactly is your pot going to change for the better?

Step up and help or admit your part of the problem.

Bump
12-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Really, so all teachers are bad? You my stoner friend are exactly part of the problem. Keep on toking it up and blaming all of this horrible killing on teachers.

That should solve the problem.

I went to a public school for 12 years and then a public university six more. After receiving my masters degree I decided to be a teacher. Not a perfect one, and it took me a long time to learn what really matters. But now I realize I have the power to change the lives of my kids and therefore the lives of their kids.

What young lives have you changed for the better?
What young lives exactly is your pot going to change for the better?

Step up and help or admit your part of the problem.

if all you are gonna say is keep toking, it just shows how stupid you sound. Never said that every teacher is like that, but there are lots of them out there and believe it or not, a lot of teachers are shitty people. Never said that is an excuse either, so stop putting words in my mouth. You must be a fucking horrible teacher.

J Diddy
12-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I never thought of this. Taking a course in self-defense would go along way toward getting the bullying to stop.

I agree with this 2000 percent. Not to mention student confidence will go through the roof.

I also advocate a police presence on each school ground.

I also think every school should have uniforms.

Prison Bitch
12-15-2012, 10:46 PM
First thing they should do with this little asshole, is take him to the morgue to view the bodies of the slain kids, followed by a meeting with any of the grieving parents who are up to it.

See what he thinks after that.

First thing they need to do is beat him within inches of his life.

AussieChiefsFan
12-15-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree with this 2000 percent. Not to mention student confidence will go through the roof.

I also advocate a police presence on each school ground.

I also think every school should have uniforms.http://s.pikabu.ru/images/previews_comm/2012-09_2/13472144636993.jpgIts not all its cracked up to be.

lazepoo
12-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Sucks that you can't really trust anybody in this world, maybe, possibly, outside of your own family. Even sometimes then, you never know.

I'm just not much of a people person. Or maybe I'm very judgmental because I spent a lot of time working in retail at one time. You see some crazy ass people if you work retail.

Yeah, retail has ruined my opinion of society at large as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Wizard
12-16-2012, 03:22 AM
if all you are gonna say is keep toking, it just shows how stupid you sound. Never said that every teacher is like that, but there are lots of them out there and believe it or not, a lot of teachers are shitty people. Never said that is an excuse either, so stop putting words in my mouth. You must be a ****ing horrible teacher.

:deevee: that hurts :deevee: not really.
I have more than 2000 past students whe would disagree with you my friend.
All I am saying is that society needs to step up and help.

TomSlash
12-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Yeah, retail has ruined my opinion of society at large as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Boy you don't know jack crap about work.

Bob Dole
12-16-2012, 08:28 AM
First thing they need to do is beat him within inches of his life.

Bully.

MahiMike
12-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Mods. Seriously. Can we please move these threads to DC?

CP is my Happy Place. No need for this crap here...

REDHOTGTO
12-16-2012, 09:15 AM

this is why gun laws will NEVER work

TLO
12-16-2012, 12:13 PM

Bath salts

tk13
12-16-2012, 01:02 PM
And another.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INDIANA_MAN_GUNS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

CEDAR LAKE, Ind. (AP) -- A northern Indiana man who allegedly threatened to "kill as many people as he could" at an elementary school near his home was arrested by officers who later found 47 guns and ammunition hidden throughout his home.

Von. I. Meyer, 60, of Cedar Lake, was arrested Saturday after prosecutors filed formal charges of felony intimidation, domestic battery and resisting law enforcement against him. He was being held Sunday without bond at the Lake County Jail, pending an initial hearing on the charges, police said in a statement.

Cedar Lake Police officers were called to Meyer's home early Friday after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire once she fell asleep, the statement said.

Meyer also threatened to enter nearby Jane Ball Elementary School "and kill as many people as he could before police could stop him," the statement said. Meyer's home is less than 1,000 feet from the school and linked to it by trails and paths through a wooded area, police said.

Police said in the statement that they notified school officials and boosted security at all area schools Friday - the same day 26 people, including 20 students, were shot and killed at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

On Saturday, officers served warrants at Meyer's home and arrested him. The statement said police had learned that Meyer kept many weapons in his older, two-story home and "is a known member of the Invaders Motorcycle Gang."

Officers searched the home, finding 47 guns and ammunition worth more than $100,000 hidden throughout the home. Many of the weapons were collector's guns.

Cedar Lake is about 45 miles southeast of Chicago.

BIG_DADDY
12-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Everyone wants to become famous. I am sure our media will aid them in their quest.