PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Despite the historic futility of today's effort, and the fervent objections of scho63, I am indeed submitting a "Ten Things" this week. The dental thing was rough, but today I'm feeling pretty good actually. I'm still a little doped up, but not bad. I sat in on the game day thread and enjoyed that immensely. When the Chiefs are this bad, the gallows humor is about the only entertainment value there is. God knows, we can all use a laugh and a distraction with the way the past few weeks have been. I've never remembered a time in my life -excluding loss of a family member- when the world has seemed so somber and joyless. Most people have their NFL team to help get their minds off their problems. We Chiefs fans have problems to make us lose our minds.

9. I watched the game in bed today with the kitties, with the TV on, and Lenny and Mitch on the radio. They were talking about what lousy condition the field was in before kickoff. Apparently, Oakland thinks spending money on turf in December is money wasted, yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone. Most of the Chiefs historically awful offensive days have been in poor weather conditions. Games played in driving rain storms, or extreme cold or what have you. Yes, the field was painted sand and loose patches, but nothing that this team hasn't seen or played on before. Footing wasn't that big an issue, both teams had guys slip when trying to cut. KC's problem was, the offensive line was getting its fudge pushed in all day long. They couldn't run block, they couldn't pass block beyond a three step drop check down. They were owned from the get go, which was exactly what happened to them at the first game at Arrowhead. It was worse this time, and if we're going to compete against Oakland, this will have to be fixed, no matter who the sacrificial stooge is behind center.

8. The offensive numbers -or lack thereof- were mind numbing. Raiders had double the time of possession. Chiefs had only seven first downs in the game, and two of those were benefit of Raider penalties. The other five were by passing. Not a single first down made by rushing. That's how bad the front line got dominated. Eric Winston, following the Cassel concussion, said Chiefs fans could throw him under the bus if he deserved it. Well Eric, time to pull the bus up to KCI and watch you leap off the jetway right in front of it. The entire line should donate their paycheck to charity this week. How about going one for twelve on third down and zip for three on fourth down? Charles had nine attempts for ten yards. Hillis had one attempt for zero yards. We could have QB sneaked on eleven straight plays and out gained that yardage. It boggles the mind.

7, Yes, Bowe is our best receiver, but he is NOT the only first round draft pick wide out on our roster. Jon Baldwin is another Sly Morris. At least "Slo-Mo" had a knee injury that sidetracked his career. I have no idea what Baldwin's problem is. He can't run routes. He can't separate, he won't block downfield. He is worthless. McMidget was targeted ten times -as he is the "check down guy"- and caught seven balls, most of them short of the sticks on third down. Hell, he even caught a 1/2 pass on fourth and one. That call, btw, is the signature play call for the 2012 season for our OC Brian "Charlie Brown" Daboll. We paid Hillis a shitload of money as a free agent to make short yardage. We give him the ball one time today, and pass on a fourth and one to McMidget. It's defies all understanding.

6. Defensively, that side of the ball only gave up fifteen points and no TDs. That should be good enough to win in the NFL. Not in KC. Flowers is playing hurt. DJ is playing hurt. Lewis is playing hurt. Berry is playing hurt. Dorsey is gone hurt. Carr is winning games for Dallas. Jalil Brown thinks he's William Bartee. The Raiders are so freaking bad, they were only able to kick field goals -two of those from 50 yards or more. And yet, once they got the third field goal, that made it a two possession game, and essentially iced the contest. This will long be remembered as one of the most anemic, pathetic, incompetent… Hell, choose your own adjective…. embarrassing loss to Oakland in Chiefs history. Which brings me to Fat Scott:

5. There was scuttlebutt here on the CP board that Tuna's son-in-law was seen on a commercial flight to Dallas. He's either: a) Being told to make sure he is out of his office within 48 hours of the Denver season finale; or b) celebrating his contract extension by spending his remaining cafeteria plan bucks on lasik before the year end. As a season ticket holder, it's going to be fascinating to see how the Chiefs PR spin machine handles either scenario. With the way this whole thing as spun out and flipped so totally out of control, I sincerely can't believe CHunt would be crazy enough to bring this guy back for 2013. You would have to think that a lesson would be learned from watching Jack Steadman ruin the Chiefs for a decade, just because he was Lamar's room mate in college. Just because Fat Scott is Tuna's son in law, and came from New England, and was NFL Executive of the Year, the reality is, this team has been blown apart like a dandelion on a windy day. No amount of PR spin, or sanitized press conferences under Ted Crewse's watchful eye, or stories by Baghdad Red on the Chiefs website, can put lipstick on this pig. Nobody gets out of a season like this alive. And if they do, then it's game on between the fans and the Hunt Family.

4. Think about what it has taken to make a group of fans as hard core as those on the CP, spend the entire day pulling for OAKLAND TO BEAT US IN OAKLAND. I never, ever thought I would see that, but it makes complete and utter sense in today's NFL. For years, the Chiefs went zero for October and November, then came on like world beaters in December to muck up their draft pick, and perpetuate their mediocrity. If the Chiefs have instructions to tank from the top -and I don't think this group of numb nuts are actually shrewd enough to do it on purpose- but if they ARE operating under instructions to tank, they did a masterful job today. To someone with no dog in the fight, it literally looked like the Chiefs were actively trying NOT to score time after time. What about the delay of game penalty on Lilja when he refused to hike the ball on a third and goal? How many times did the Chiefs move backwards once they got a turnover or had any play with forward momentum? What about the fourth quarter passes in the dirt or five feet over Baldwin's head? It was uncanny. Almost…like…they were doing it on purpose. It's either diabolically brilliant, or the worst NFL game plan ever conceived. Either way, the results are the same. Epic failure.

3. Romeo looked like dead coach walking on the sidelines. In his presser, the only compliment he could give was to his punter. We may be the first team to let a wide receiver and blind side tackle walk, and franchise tag the punter. Don't laugh, it could happen. You've got to think that Romeo would appreciate a Mark Mangino style buyout, where he can move to Florida, graze at the Golden Corral, and put this shit fest behind him. I do believe his situation is a lot like Frank Gansz situation when Gansz was coach. He's a good coach, nice guy, players love him, but he's in over his head as a head coach, and can't build a competent staff to save his ass. I wish him well, but want him gone. Even if Fat Scott survives, you know that both Romeo and Casshole will be thrown under the bus.

2. We're not going to win a single game in the AFC west. That is reason enough to clear the decks. When CHunt first took over for daddy, he said he was going to build an organization like Pittsburgh or New England or Green Bay. None of these teams have seen excrement like this. If I'm not mistaken, CHunt hasn't said much to the fans since the Cassel Concussion -not counting the Belcher tragedy, which will certainly come into the mix with whatever decisions he makes at year end. His silence has been fascinating. How long can he go without communicating with the fans or STH? You would think he has to say something or do something very soon. Otherwise, it sure gives the impression of a major disconnect.

1. Occasionally, many of you have said talking about "next week" doesn't count as a "ten thing." Fair enough. So one last thing I will say is, we may have seen the last game played as a Chief by Bowe, Dorsey and Albert. Whatever the Chiefs do, this fix is probably three or four years, much the same situation when King Carl and Herm was shown the door. So in my humble opinion, we're back to square one, or maybe worse. I do want to say one positive thing: This coming Sunday, the "Christmas Game," I'm taking my pal Page the chiropractor, and his son, who is a high school football player who lives with his mom in Bolivar, MO. He's going to get to see Andrew Luck from a front row seat, in Luck's rookie year, and that's pretty cool. I'm glad to give a kid a gift like this. He really doesn't care how the game turns out, he's just excited to attend his first NFL game. I'm hoping it will be a nice Christmas present, and I'll be relieved that this nightmare Arrowhead experience will be over. Frankly, it can't end soon enough.

notorious
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
This is supposed to be cancelled according to some nOOb.

cabletech94
12-16-2012, 09:30 PM
you do good work george.

wouldn't it have been easier to do this.

10. bad
9. bad
8. bad
7. bad
6. bad
5. bad
4. bad
3. bad
2. bad
1. only 2 more bad weeks.

threebag
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
On gameday this is the thread I wait for as I endure the excruciating threads by the likes of petez28, Dr Johnny Fever, and the other cronies. Keep up the good fight George. Thanks

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
The cancellation was cancelled. Go blowfish.

FlaChief58
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Eternal Al Davis Hibachi ROFL ROFL

notorious
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Great as always.

1ChiefsDan
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
It is amazing you have the fortitude to put these out week after week with the spectacular shit fest the Chiefs have put on the field. Always enjoy the read.

GloryDayz
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Awesome....

God I hate the Hunt family!

bobbything
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
This situation today is much worse than it was when Carl left. Everything about this organization, from the players to the coaches to all the personnel in the offices, is a debacle.

I can't speak to what it was like in Detroit or Cinci during their epic suck years, but I would have a hard time believing that any single season was as bad, top to bottom, as this Chiefs season.

FlaChief58
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
This situation today is much worse than it was when Carl left. Everything about this organization, from the players to the coaches to all the personnel in the offices, is a debacle.

I can't speak to what it was like in Detroit or Cinci during their epic suck years, but I would have a hard time believing that any single season was as bad, top to bottom, as this Chiefs season.

Yep we're pretty high on the suck scale

Fritz88
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
I was REALLY worried the Raiders would win it.

DrunkBassGuitar
12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
hey gblowfish what do you do for a living?

Messier
12-16-2012, 10:00 PM
You know it's bad when you look at the game notes on the team page and the headline reads: Colquitt's day of punting.

gblowfish
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
hey gblowfish what do you do for a living?

Does it matter? Why do you ask?

milkman
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Well done.

One point.

#4.
Epic failure is success.

Dave Lane
12-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Love your stuff George and the good thing is it will all be over soon.

DrunkBassGuitar
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Does it matter? Why do you ask?

It doesn't matter I was just curious if you write professionally. I've read several of your Ten Things posts, and aside from a grammatical error here and there, they're very well written. So I figured you were a journalist.

gblowfish
12-16-2012, 10:18 PM
It doesn't matter I was just curious if you write professionally. I've read several of your Ten Things posts, and aside from a grammatical error here and there, they're very well written. So I figured you were a journalist.

Well, thanks. Grammatical errors because I usually just write what I'm thinking right off the cuff, and don't carefully proof it as if it were being submitted for publication. I could do that, but frankly, this is chat board, and I want to chat.

I did three years in the Master's program at Mizzou in Journalism in the early 1980s. Went into doing TV news, then got out becaus of stress. My career has been in manufacturing, done that for 25 years now.

Appreciate the kind words. One day we'll have mostly positive things to talk about, at least I hope that will be the case someday soon.

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
George, great read as always. Thank you for taking the time to do this every week.

I look forward to this after every game.

Thanks again

BCH

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
5. There was scuttlebutt here on the CP board that Tuna's son-in-law was seen on a commercial flight to Dallas. He's either: a) Being told to make sure he is out of his office within 48 hours of the Denver season finale; or b) celebrating his contract extension by spending his remaining cafeteria plan bucks on lasik before the year end. As a season ticket holder, it's going to be fascinating to see how the Chiefs PR spin machine handles either scenario. With the way this whole thing as spun out and flipped so totally out of control, I sincerely can't believe CHunt would be crazy enough to bring this guy back for 2013. You would have to think that a lesson would be learned from watching Jack Steadman ruin the Chiefs for a decade, just because he was Lamar's room mate in college. Just because Fat Scott is Tuna's son in law, and came from New England, and was NFL Executive of the Year, the reality is, this team has been blown apart like a dandelion on a windy day. No amount of PR spin, or sanitized press conferences under Ted Crewse's watchful eye, or stories by Baghdad Red on the Chiefs website, can put lipstick on this pig. Nobody gets out of a season like this alive. And if they do, then it's game on between the fans and the Hunt Family.

Man, it would be ugly if Pioli came back........I cant imagine even Clark is that dumb.

Ebolapox
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
always a great read.

clark hunt, via his proxy scott pioli, has made it clear his attempt was to create a dynasty ala the patriots, packers, or steelers. instead, he has alienated and almost eliminated his fanbase and killed any and all good-will the city of kansas city had for the team. he has seen the spinning of a murder/suicide of a player for publicity, and seen an actual fan revolt.

if he brings him back, it is the most astoundingly out-of-touch move ever done by any football ownership since the ford family (and they didn't have the murder/suicide to contend with). they simply can NOT bring back pioli, daboll, cassel or romeo crennel (or ANYBODY associated with this team, save the big-contract guys and/or guys who deserve big contracts, aka bowe and albert--and maybe dorsey for the right money).

they have to clean house and clean it with fire. cleanse it.

Psyko Tek
12-16-2012, 10:53 PM
I have a question...
after seeing to day will a first round qb make any difference??
the d sucked
the ol sucked the receivers had stone hands

will a coaching change and a new Qb FIX THIS SHIT HOLE WITHIN 10 YEARS?

i REALLY DOUBT IT
welcome to the lions den

Ebolapox
12-16-2012, 11:05 PM
depends... I think a *good* coaching staff (and another year removed from injury for eric berry) fixes a lot of the issues. remember how guys like derrick johnson came alive with good coaching? yeah. we have a LOT of talent at certain positions. coach them up, and it may be a quicker rebuild than many believe (hell, throw in the fact that you will have the top pick in each round as well as a comp pick or two).

Hammock Parties
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
celebrating his contract extension by spending his remaining cafeteria plan bucks on lasik before the year end.

George, george, george. LMAO

http://i.imgur.com/Kxdff.gif

FloridaMan88
12-16-2012, 11:26 PM
People actually watched today's game?

Too bad you missed a great Steelers-Cowboys game.

Fishpicker
12-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Apparently, Oakland thinks spending money on turf in December is money wasted, yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone.

I was paying half attention to the game when my brother yelled out, there's a car on fire in the stadium. I looked up and 1/2 the screen was covered by a graphic but I still saw the flame just above it. I thought for just a millisecond that it was true. What a trashy memorial, it is the NFL memorial/statue most likely to be jumped by a Monster Truck.

RunKC
12-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I think Brandon Flowers should get more attention. He's been a damn good corner this year for what he's had to deal with.

Last year he was torched early, but he has really put his haters to rest. I would easily take him over Carr.

mcaj22
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
I think Brandon Flowers should get more attention. He's been a damn good corner this year for what he's had to deal with.

Last year he was torched early, but he has really put his haters to rest. I would easily take him over Carr.

Brandon Carr completely won an NFL game for his team today.

so uhh. I dont know about that

ZootedGranny
12-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Apparently, Oakland thinks spending money on turf in December is money wasted, yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone.

Masterful.

Phobia
12-17-2012, 01:25 AM
I watched the first quarter then had to go do some work. Recorded it with the intention of watching it Sunday night. I'm not watching it. I can't fathom watching it knowing what I know now. Can any of you think of any reason I should go back and watch?

Bowser
12-17-2012, 01:29 AM
I watched the first quarter then had to go do some work. Recorded it with the intention of watching it Sunday night. I'm not watching it. I can't fathom watching it knowing what I know now. Can any of you think of any reason I should go back and watch?

Outside of the feeling of pure fascination to watch a professional football team play so unbelievably, laughably bad football, I can't think of any sane reason why you should do that to yourself.

It really is amazing how bad this team is. They make Herm's teams look like steamrollers.

Sorter
12-17-2012, 01:38 AM

Not at all.

Berry actually looked okay in coverage for most of the day though.

spanky 52
12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Always enjoy your posts George. So many things turned to shit this year. What an epic fucking failure of a draft pick Jon Baldwin was. Enjoy watching Luck next week with your friends.

Sully
12-17-2012, 06:44 AM
My chiropractor's name is Page...

InChiefsHeaven
12-17-2012, 07:11 AM
I thought the defense played well, albeit against a shitty ass Raiders team. But I had a buddy over and was smoking some venison summer sausage in the garage and drinking while the game was on...I actually missed a lot of it. And I didn't even mind.

This season can't get over fast enough.

scho63
12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Despite the historic futility of today's effort, and the fervent objections of scho63, I am indeed submitting a "Ten Things" this week.
I am glad you did :D

8. The offensive numbers -or lack thereof- were mind numbing. It boggles the mind.
I think it would be impossible in the NFL to do this bad without trying to screw up intentionally. I was high-fiving a Raider fan next to me at each moment of fail as we inch closer to the #1 pick.

7, Yes, Bowe is our best receiver, but he is NOT the only first round draft pick wide out on our roster. It's defies all understanding.
Baldwin is a colossal bust and if Bowe walks, then once again we have replaced one talent with a much lesser talent. Is that the New England way?

6. Defensively, that side of the ball only gave up fifteen points and no TDs. That should be good enough to win in the NFL.
We need to pitch shutouts but even today that would have resulted in a tie! Our D is doing a decent job but they must be worn out and sick watching the "O" take the field. That is demoralizing.

4. Think about what it has taken to make a group of fans as hard core as those on the CP, spend the entire day pulling for OAKLAND TO BEAT US IN OAKLAND. Epic failure.
The Raider fans around me in the bar were all laughing at me rooting for the Raiders as a Chiefs fan. They were stunned. So was I

3. Romeo looked like dead coach walking on the sidelines.
He has looked clueless for months and now is just going through the motions.

2. We're not going to win a single game in the AFC west.
How pathetic is that??? :banghead:

1. This coming Sunday, the "Christmas Game," I'm taking my pal Page the chiropractor, and his son, who is a high school football player who lives with his mom in Bolivar, MO. He's going to get to see Andrew Luck from a front row seat, in Luck's rookie year, and that's pretty cool. I'm glad to give a kid a gift like this.
Great gesture and good deed GB, just like your weekly Ten Things

I am always glad to read this and only wanted to offer GB a reprieve of trying to write about yesterday's shitfest extraordinaire.

Thanks for not taking my advice GB! :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
12-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, thanks. Grammatical errors because I usually just write what I'm thinking right off the cuff, and don't carefully proof it as if it were being submitted for publication. I could do that, but frankly, this is chat board, and I want to chat.

I did three years in the Master's program at Mizzou in Journalism in the early 1980s. Went into doing TV news, then got out becaus of stress. My career has been in manufacturing, done that for 25 years now.

Appreciate the kind words. One day we'll have mostly positive things to talk about, at least I hope that will be the case someday soon.

Nice. I rarely post in these threads, but I read them every week. I look forward to them, because there is usually some great humor found in them, win or lose. Don't quit, I would has a sad. :(

Frosty
12-17-2012, 07:51 AM
2. We're not going to win a single game in the AFC west.

The Chiefs aren't going to win a game in the AFC, period, let alone in the West. :doh!:

ncCHIEFfan
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Brandon Carr completely won an NFL game for his team today.

so uhh. I dont know about that

But Carr's team had them in a position to win, giving playmakers the opportunity to make a play an dmake a difference!

BoneKrusher
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
an average of 26 yards of offense per quarter.

nice rebuild Peeoli.

Bwana
12-17-2012, 07:57 AM
ROFL

Outstanding!

bevischief
12-17-2012, 08:13 AM

Only if you want a reason to kill yourself.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:17 AM

It's HILARIOUS.

Put that comedy DVD back in the drawer and watch the game instead. It's absolutely side-splittingly hilarious.

Old Dog
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Once again, George put more effort into "Ten Things" to describe the game than the Chiefs did playing it.

Rasputin
12-17-2012, 09:35 AM

This is what I imagined when I saw the Al Davis flame

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q3IQF_A6m4c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan
12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Not only is this years Chiefs the Worst in their storried history- thay are the absolute Worst team to ever play in the NFL.

Can Stanzi actually do worse than Brady Quit?? Passes in the dirt- no heart- he is absolutely horrible. Cashole was not near as bad as him- and that is saying a lot.

Great Job Clark= Add getting shut out by the Faders to your resume as the most pathetic owner in the NFL.

I never thought I would actually Hate the Cheaps- Hate the owner all the way down. There are 5 players I like the rest suck and don't even belong on a Areana team. They are Unwatchable- so will not be wasting another minute on them this year. I feel bad for the fans having to go to arrowhead next week and watch them get destroyed by a rookie QB. I would rather do about anything then sit out there and give Clark a penney of my money. RIP Chiefs!!

Bweb
12-17-2012, 10:38 AM
"yet they can set up a eternal Al Davis Hibachi in the end zone"

LMAO LMAO :bravo:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM

ROFL No shit. That was awesome George.

boogblaster
12-17-2012, 12:42 PM
right on again .. and send bald-loser with bowe .. both dont deserve to play in the NFL as WRs .. bowe drops critical passes and baldy doesnt even exist .....

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
2 losses away from Chocolate Painii

Buehler445
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
This is what I imagined when I saw the Al Davis flame

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q3IQF_A6m4c?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YES

Marcellus
12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Please do a 10 Things after Pioli is fired, please.

Jimmy the Greek
12-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I agree this is good reading but in simple terms I think you nailed it cabitech94