PDA

View Full Version : Poop As of right now, cdcox's software says the team most likely to win the Super Bowl...

DaFace
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
...is the Denver Broncos. I'm going to be sick if that happens.

http://i.imgur.com/zWzU6.png

12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
The fix is in.

Mile High Mania
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Sweet

Lex Luthor
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
The Chiefs are so pathetic that I don't care who wins the Super Bowl. It's not like we have an actual rivalry with the Broncos or the Raiders or any other team.

Fuck Scott Pioli. He's driven this franchise into the ditch.

cabletech94
sickening.

threebag
Fuck me. The NFL is turning into WWE/WWF.

BigRedChief
12-16-2012, 09:44 PM
The Chiefs are so pathetic that I don't care who wins the Super Bowl. It's not like we have an actual rivalry with the Broncos or the Raiders or any other team.Because we suck that means there is no rivalry? WTF dude?:cuss:

Screw the Broncos! Screw Manning! I'm for whoever is playing the broncos and Manning because they Broncos are my rival and I hate Manning.

Bewbies
12-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Winning the Super Bowl < Getting the #1 pick

amirite?

Bugeater
12-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Sorry, but they deserve it. They make the moves it takes to win while our fucking pathetic franchise can't get out of their own goddamn way.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Interestingly enough their chances were higher a month ago.

I don't think they will beat Atlanta, GB or SF.

Houston and Denver for the AFCC IMO.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't like Denver but I do like Manning and I hate Pioli. If Denver wins it I'll laugh at Pioli... even more, and be happy for Peyton.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Sorry, but they deserve it. They make the moves it takes to win while our ****ing pathetic franchise can't get out of their own goddamn way.

This. I don't hate them for trying to actually win. If anything I almost hate us more these days.

DaFace
12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I should clarify that this assumes SF hangs on to beat NE tonight. I don't think that's a wild assumption, but there's always the chance of a miracle comeback.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Just remember even if Denver wins the AFC we can still laugh at them losing in the SB.

No one cares about SB losers.

Brock
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Just remember even if Denver wins the AFC we can still laugh at them losing in the SB.

No one cares about SB losers.

I see no reason to think they couldn't win it.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Sorry, but they deserve it. They make the moves it takes to win while our ****ing pathetic franchise can't get out of their own goddamn way.

Pretty much how i feel......But truthfully, they havent won anything in nearly 15 years.

and Manning has been known to choke a time or two in the playoffs....

tk13
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I think we're seeing it tonight. The NFC is miles better than the AFC. But that doesn't matter as much in a one game situation I guess. I'm not sure if any of these AFC teams are better than Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fran, etc.

When Denver has played an elite team, Houston, Atlanta, New England... they've been pushed around pretty well. But they've definitely improved as the season's gone on.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I see no reason to think they couldn't win it.

I think Atlanta or GB will give them issues. I don't like Denver's D against explosive teams.

cdcox
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I've got this covered:

a) there is only a 25% chance they will win. So they will probably lose. That will be a great moment for me to look forward to.

b) this has been a meaningless season for me all year anyway, so if they somehow win it all, it will be in a year that the Chiefs did not participate in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I've got this covered:

a) there is only a 25% chance they will win. So they will probably lose. That will be a great moment for me to look forward to.

b) this has been a meaningless season for me all year anyway, so if they somehow win it all, it will be in a year that the Chiefs did not participate in the NFL.

It still kinda sucks to see Denver winning a championship though.

It's slightly offset by the fact that they did it in a cheap way by getting Manning, but it still sucks.

It's depressing. We will have to win 2 SBs with Geno to match their franchise.

I don't want the Donks holding a 3rd SB over us.

Codered
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
It's possible with that Defense and Peyton Manning leading the Offense.

Lot's of football left to play, but right now they look like the best team in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
I think Atlanta is crap.

I'll be shocked if they win a playoff game.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Atlanta is crap.

I'll be shocked if they win a playoff game.

Who knows? But Ryan does have a little of that "Just good enough...............to break your heart" in him.

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Rot in hell, Denver

1ChiefsDan
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I should clarify that this assumes SF hangs on to beat NE tonight. I don't think that's a wild assumption, but there's always the chance of a miracle comeback.

Might want to re-think this.

DaFace
12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Might want to re-think this.

Hey...if I have to revise downward a thread like this, I can live with that.

DaFace
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Welp...looks like i may need to re-run the simulation... :)

12-16-2012, 10:42 PM

heh

DaFace
12-16-2012, 10:57 PM
For what it's worth, the original statement doesn't change if NE somehow wins. The percentages shift quite a bit though.

Rain Man
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Rot in hell, Denver

Bump.

TEX
12-16-2012, 11:42 PM
LOL! And just think, 2 years ago they only won 4 games. I think Elway knows what he's doing. Say what you want about that franchise, but it is head and shoulders above K

RealSNR
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL! And just think, 2 years ago they only won 4 games. I think Elway knows what he's doing. Say what you want about that franchise, but it is head and shoulders above K

I'll judge him when he has to build a team post-Manning.

Is he going to pull another rabbit out of his hat? Is he going to sign Tom Brady after the Patriots refuse to keep him around after awhile? What?

Assweiler isn't the solution, so what is it?

TEX
12-16-2012, 11:53 PM
I'll judge him when he has to build a team post-Manning.

Is he going to pull another rabbit out of his hat? Is he going to sign Tom Brady after the Patriots refuse to keep him around after awhile? What?

Assweiler isn't the solution, so what is it?

Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something right. To not acknowledge what they've been able to do in a short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs could be as good.

RealSNR
12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something rigjt. Do not acknowledge but they've been able to do any short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs QB is good.
Q: What's better than a franchise QB leading your team at the end of his career?

A: A franchise QB leading your team at the BEGINNING of his career

It may seem bleak now, but one day we'll have the QB, and they'll have the Matt Cassel game manager because "there were no options in the draft at the time" or whatever excuse they come up with

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2012, 11:59 PM

Well, it wasn't exactly a genious move to sign Peyton.

Imon Yourside
12-17-2012, 12:01 AM
We have to remember Manning wasn't part of the Right 53.

cdcox
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Q: What's better than a franchise QB leading your team at the end of his career?

Yep, in today's NFL there is nothing better. You are a guaranteed playoff contender every year no matter how bad the rest of your team is. You put a little talent around him on O or D and you're in the running for a championship.

TEX
12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Well, it wasn't exactly a genious move to sign Peyton.

Looks pretty damn good to me. Elway got it done and Pioli didn't get so much as a look. Elway also hasn't blown top 5 picks and didn't kid himself about the lack of talent at QB and HC.

TEX
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM

It may seem bleak now, but one day we'll have the QB, and they'll have the Matt Cassel game manager because "there were no options in the draft at the time" or whatever excuse they come up with

Oh that's 1 way to look at it. But also they did with it took to win now. they also did not mortgage the future doing so. They could get a young franchise QB. Nobody says you have to draft 1. The Packers did pretty darn good when they traded for Favre. They already had their Matt Cassel. They letting go to New York.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something right. To not acknowledge what they've been able to do in a short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs could be as good.

There's no mystery about this. JFC.

They signed Peyton Manning and they're a contender.

Pretty fucking simple.

Rausch
12-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I already have the SB off.

I'd throw up in my mouf...

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Go Broncos!!!

And thanks to John Elway, already one of the best GM's in the league, we are in position to make a run.

Hoover
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I watched Denver play in Oakland last week and was not that impressed. Now, they are a threat, but I think there are a number of playoff teams that are more capable to winning it all than them.

I like Atlanta, Houston, Pats and the Packers chances better than I like Denver's.

All that said the payoffs are going to be fun as hell this year.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2012, 08:13 AM
There's no mystery about this. JFC.

They signed Peyton Manning and they're a contender.

Pretty ****ing simple.

The team has made a number of move to put themselves in position. If I had to put a number on it I'd say 60 percent Manning. Remember though this team won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, that means we have an excellent defense.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:16 AM
The team has made a number of move to put themselves in position. If I had to put a number on it I'd say 60 percent Manning. Remember though this team won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, that means we have an excellent defense.

Lots of teams win a single playoff game, even with shit QBs.

This team was a 9-7 one-and-doner without Manning, now they're a SB contender.

No fucking mystery at all.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
1. I bet at this point in the season the Giants & Packers weren't favored to win the Super Bowl the past 2 years.

2. I fully expect Manning to have a typical choke job come playoff time.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2012, 08:29 AM
1. I bet at this point in the season the Giants & Packers weren't favored to win the Super Bowl the past 2 years.

Further, Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that Dungver has played in 10 weeks - and that defense is in shambles. Broken down Suggs, no Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, Bernard Pollard, Jameel McClain.

They finish the season against Cleveland & KC.

In fact - all season Dungver will have only played 4 teams (including these beat-down Ravens on a 3 game slide) with a winning record.

Their record in those games? 1-3.

Frauds.

durtyrute
12-17-2012, 08:34 AM
The fix is in.

This and I'm calling Denver as well

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Further, Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that Dungver has played in 10 weeks - and that defense is in shambles. Broken down Suggs, no Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, Bernard Pollard, Jameel McClain.

In fact - all season Dungver will have only played 4 teams (including these beat-down Ravens on a 3 game slide) with a winning record.

Frauds.

ROFL

That's awesome.

Dayze
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM
after reading the fixed for profit thread, I couldn't help but laugh at all the BS calls around the league.

alas...the holding and PI calls keep fucking up games.

Mile High Mania
12-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Frauds.

All true, but they won. Denver's not 100% either, but it's totally your right to ignore it. OL, RB, DEF - they're all missing key starters, but they're doing enough to win.

Denver played the bulk of their tough games in the first 5... they finished 2-3, so be it. I think it's silly to compare this team now to what they were in week 5 - especially on DEF and ST and say it's the same team. Feel free to do it, though.

Denver is in line for the #2 seed... they didn't set up that schedule, it's not their fault that KC, SD, OAK and others suck. They defeated a testy Tampa team a few weeks ago before they started to fall apart. Most here still expected Baltimore to beat 'em.

It is what it is and the proof is in the finish, so we'll see what happens in the playoffs. Send NE to Denver and I really like that one in round 2.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
There will be no Manning Bowl.

Chief Gump
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Frauds.

So they are basically the 2010 Chiefs. Nice.

MagicHef
12-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Lots of teams win a single playoff game, even with shit QBs.

This team was a 9-7 one-and-doner without Manning, now they're a SB contender.

No ****ing mystery at all.

The term "one and done" refers to a team that loses its first playoff game and is then out of the playoffs after one game. Being a Chiefs fan, I'm sure you're familiar with the situation.

That term does not apply to the 2011 Broncos, as they won a playoff game and played in two playoff games. You could say they were two and done, but that would be stupid.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 11:27 AM
The term "one and done" refers to a team that loses its first playoff game and is then out of the playoffs after one game. Being a Chiefs fan, I'm sure you're familiar with the situation.

That term does not apply to the 2011 Broncos, as they won a playoff game and played in two playoff games. You could say they were two and done, but that would be stupid.

I wasn't referring to last year's team as a 1-and-done team.

They would have been without Tebow.

MagicHef
12-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I wasn't referring to last year's team as a 1-and-done team.

They would have been without Tebow.

Aha, I see.

TEX
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM
So they are basically the 2010 Chiefs. Nice.
Hardly. They have a HOF QB. Have one of those and once you're in ANYTHNG can happen.

MagicHef
12-17-2012, 11:39 AM

Frauds.

The Patriots have also only played 4 teams with winning records. They are 2-2 in those games.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Cause we're the best around...only 2 to 3 teams can take us down.

Quesadilla Joe
12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
The Patriots have also only played 4 teams with winning records. They are 2-2 in those games.

Nice.

durtyrute
12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
There will be no Manning Bowl.

Oh yes, there will be a bowl and you'll love it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
2-2 is MUCH better!/Slappy!:)

Mile High Mania
12-17-2012, 11:53 AM

That will not resonate here..

Mile High Mania
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
2-2 is MUCH better!/Slappy!:)

Denver has 3 losses, unfortunately they came early in the season. The 3 teams they lost to are a combined 34-8. Two 12 wins teams and a 10 win team, 2 of those losses on the road.

The sky has fallen...

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Denver has 3 losses, unfortunately they came early in the season. The 3 teams they lost to are a combined 34-8. Two 12 wins teams and a 10 win team, 2 of those losses on the road.

The sky has fallen...

It amuses me that people bring up all this detials but leave out the fact that Peyton was coming of a year absence and with a new team playing the 3 best teams in the league, got behind early and still made a game of each of these.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM

60?? :LOL:

Mile High Mania
12-17-2012, 01:34 PM
The Broncos' defense is playing so much better now than they did in the first 5 games. They shut down Doug Martin and Ray Rice, many expected them to perform well vs Denver. Denver has a +135 point differential - only NE and SF have a greater point differential.

Broncos rank 4th in total defense - 8th against the pass and 2nd against the run - they rank 5th overall in points allowed at 19.6 per game for defense (#1 in AFC).

Everyone loves NE and they've earned it, but they have lost to the Cardinals, Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers. So, while Denver was losing early in the season to the likes of the Texans, Falcons and Patriots - you can't just wash away the loss for NE against the Cards.

There are so many ways to slice and dice all this stuff...

Bring 'em to Denver, that will be a fun game.

Hootie
12-17-2012, 01:41 PM
did someone say they judged Denver @ Oakland on a Thursday Night game? Poor game to judge a team on. Thursday Night football is a joke.

Predarat
12-17-2012, 01:43 PM
If Denver wins the SB, and gm polly is gone, I will consider that an off season solid draw.

Garcia Bronco
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
did someone say they judged Denver @ Oakland on a Thursday Night game? Poor game to judge a team on. Thursday Night football is a joke.

That and it's a tough game...when you are on a 9 game winning streak, you get everyone's best. Okalnd brought the heat and it wasn't enough.

Jenson71
12-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Winning the Super Bowl < Getting the #1 pick

amirite?

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of the bad breaker-upper. What's more important in a relationship!?!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
That and it's a tough game...when you are on a 9 game winning streak, you get everyone's best. Okalnd brought the heat and it wasn't enough.

:LOL: Holy Homer Christ Batman. The Faid are dogshit every day of the week.

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Frauds.

So Awesome.

MotherfuckerJones
01-13-2013, 06:48 AM
GarciaBronco, great defense? ROFL not a chance. Maybe next year you can beat real teams.

BigRedChief
01-13-2013, 08:21 AM
So Awesome.That is definitely some awesomeness. :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-13-2013, 08:24 AM
At least the software knew who was getting the 1st pick early on!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
That software is awesome!

whoman69
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
This must have been before the Texans' free fall.

Radar Chief
01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
This must have been before the Texans' free fall.

That’s no shit. Schaub folding under pressure like a cheap WalMart lawn chair fucked me in the fantasy playoffs. :cuss:

BigMeatballDave
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Windows 98 is more reliable.

:)

CrazyPhuD
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Does not compute!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ieuBkWHfCuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>