PDA

View Full Version : Music I Think I Just Saw Something Worse Than Rebecca Black's "Friday" Song

listopencil
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Someone just "shared" this on FaceBook (from Tosh.0) and I think it is actually worse than Friday.

<iframe src="http://www.collegehumor.com/e/6857562" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:600px;"><p><a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos/most-viewed/this-year">CollegeHumor's Favorite Funny Videos</a></p></div>

For Comparison:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kfVsfOSbJY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seclark
12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
i refuse to believe that all kids are that fuckin goofy.
sec

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2012, 08:55 PM
It's tie. Both are awful lmao

alanm
12-18-2012, 08:56 PM
It boggles the mind how lame pop music is these days.

alanm
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
It's tie. Both are awful lmaoNo.. the first one is just gawd awful it's not even close.

sedated
12-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Im pretty sure that chick is retarded.

kcxiv
12-18-2012, 09:03 PM
The first one is from CollegeHumor, it has to just be a mocking video. lol Rebecca Black is a serious attempt at being a singer (serious by her) joke by everyone else. lol

Cornstock
12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/67MRiMT9cnE/mqdefault.jpg

Just when we thought the bar couldn't be any lower...

hometeam
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
First one is done bad purposefully folks~

listopencil
12-18-2012, 09:52 PM

How can you tell?

Gonzo
12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
How can you tell?

This...

I made it through 20 seconds of the ****ing thing then I had ruptures.

NewChief
12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
ROFL @ people who think that's actually a "sincere" song. It's fucking satire....

..... right?

Jenson71
12-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Not bad. Here's my review:

Many many things explode in the video for "Party @ Your House": Cars, disco balls, speakers, bottles of booze. But we weren't really expecting subtlety from this. "Party @ Your House" is a three-minute slab of club catharsis with a slick electro-percolating beat and a hilariously retardo Rebecca Black-jacking chorus. There's something else here we weren’t expecting: a sense of erotica sex appeal. She cops a silly robo-foreign language somewhere between bored-Madonna and Sleaze-3PO and drops a cold-stare "we can do whatever we like," continuing to turn what should've been a career-killing punchline into an I'm still here, fuckers statement of diva defiance. Keep bitchin'.

Verdict: Reaper needs a rewrite.

Rasputin
12-18-2012, 11:03 PM
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/67MRiMT9cnE/mqdefault.jpg

Just when we thought the bar couldn't be any lower...

Sadly this.

:shake:

Tytanium
12-18-2012, 11:06 PM

I read an anecdote today about someone who went to school with her and said that she dropped out to start a music career and that is the result.

AussieChiefsFan
12-19-2012, 12:10 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.....

Crush
12-19-2012, 02:38 AM
How can you tell?

It's from College Humor. Friday wins because it was actually trying to be an actual song that people would listen to. I pray to God that I'm right though. If this not a parody, we might as well press the big shiny red button and get it over with.

Canofbier
12-19-2012, 03:05 AM
It's from College Humor. Friday wins because it was actually trying to be an actual song that people would listen to. I pray to God that I'm right though. If this not a parody, we might as well press the big shiny red button and get it over with.

I thought the same thing, but I looked into it. It's on YouTube as well, published well before it got onto CollegeHumor. YouTube date: October 4. CollegeHumor date: December 17th. Somehow, I think this shit is real.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WHH59ZTfe_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Holy shit, read some of the comments on the video on YouTube. Hilarious!

That party was absolutely out of control.

I'm surprised the cops didn't get called.

you're a great dancer that guy seems incredibly into u

Her voice is so great, it's so rare to find real talent without the use of auto tune these days.

AussieChiefsFan
12-19-2012, 03:14 AM
"real talent"
"without autotune"
"Her voice is so great"

You see.... It's things like this.....

Deberg_1990
12-19-2012, 07:34 AM
I dont know...i kinda dug the Thanksgiving song

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266435&highlight=creator

hometeam
12-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Ok, so I said earlier in the thread that this was done purposefully. This was because of the college humor watermark, so I took it for one of the videos they made. However, after some research and watching it again, I have to say, I am coming to the horrible realization that this could be real.

If it is.. I really just don't know what to say. No gif, no words, can truly explain my feelings of sadness and horror at this abomination.

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 07:44 AM

In the end, "Friday" didn't TRY to be an actual song.

It WAS an actual song - at least Rebecca Black's bank account and subsequent recording contract think so...

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 07:46 AM
And in the end, neither of them can hold a candle to Gnesa!

CF2o5RDkq9A

hometeam
12-19-2012, 07:49 AM

CF2o5RDkq9A

I imagine this is what pop music sounds like before it is autotuned.

Pushead2
12-19-2012, 07:56 AM
WHAT THE **** WAS THAT!?!?!?

rabblerouser
12-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Holy ****...

I tried to sit through them both...I really did.

I took it as a challenge.

The first one was funny. That chick might have some slight mental handicap - I would totally make sure she does not have access to firearms, natch...

Now on to the video/'song' - I was laughing at the absurdity, and it was terrible. Even if it's not 'supposed' to be a joke, it's kinda like Showgirls, or 'It's So Cold In Tha D'...it's destined for a Beavis & Butthead parody.

But the second one...WOW. I mean, first thing I thought was 'damn, she's cute. And in high school. Holy ****, she cannot sing. And cannot wrote lyrics. And neither can her friends...or anyone else she knows. Is this 'Saved By The Bell : The New Class'??'

And then she gets to the part where she informs us that 'Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...and now it's Friday Friday Friday' and the joke wasn't funny anymore.

I couldn't do it, couldn't make it through them both.

Gonna crank 'Let It Bleed' at top volume to clear the air...

htismaqe
12-19-2012, 08:13 AM
And then she gets to the part where she informs us that 'Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...and now it's Friday Friday Friday' and the joke wasn't funny anymore.

You didn't like that?

Katy Perry LOVES it.

sM51ANnSgsU

rabblerouser
12-19-2012, 08:18 AM
You didn't like that?

Katy Perry LOVES it.

sM51ANnSgsU

I'll just take your word for it at the moment.

There's no way I can bring myself to click on that link...

Yeah, nope on cricky da rinky.

Predarat
12-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Its kind of worse but it does not have the creepy audiofile herbert like guy in there so that helps get it closer to a solid draw.

ModSocks
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Someone needs to autotune that ugly bitches face.

Gotta love the times we're in though. We live in a generation where being horribly, horribly bad and talentless can make you famous. As long as you don't suck at sucking, you too can have your face plastered all over the internet and possibly make bank.

Reaper16
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Gnesa is worse. It is the worst.

Party @ Your House is actually a better song than Friday. The vocals are worse than Black's, yes. But the pulsating electronic beat that structures the song is better than Friday's instrumentals.

ModSocks
12-19-2012, 10:48 AM

See, at least the original "Friday" song was catchy, original and had rhythm.

The rest of them are just getting progressively worse, seemingly on purpose.

ModSocks
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Party @ Your House is actually a better song than Friday. The vocals are worse than Black's, yes. But the pulsating electronic beat that structures the song is better than Friday's instrumentals.

Better beat, sure. But the rhythm, quality of the video and singing is clearly better in "Friday". And the girl is actually pretty. Party @ your house is gnesa level bad.

listopencil
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM

CF2o5RDkq9A

I just threw up in my mouth a little. And I think my ears might be bleeding on the inside.

Reaper16
12-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Better beat, sure. But the rhythm, quality of the video and singing is clearly better in "Friday". And the girl is actually pretty. Party @ your house is gnesa level bad.

I'm talking about the song, not the performance.

Take a legitimate singer and have them perform both songs. I think Party @ Your House would be the better song.

listopencil
12-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm talking about the song, not the performance.

Take a legitimate singer and have them perform both songs. I think Party @ Your House would be the better song.

Yeah, I see your point. The Friday lyrics are just mind numbing. It's possible that an actual singer could do something with P@YH.

Rausch
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I should vote on what video made by someone who's 15 has more musical integrity...

...wait...no....no, I really don't fucking care.

listopencil
12-19-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure I should vote on what video made by someone who's 15 has more musical integrity...

..wait...no....no, I really don't ****ing care.

No, you must bear witness to the downfall of our society.

rabblerouser
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
No, you must bear witness to the downfall of our society.

Holy fuck, is it ever eye-opening.