PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher:Chiefs could look to Colts for blueprint on rebuilding

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Chiefs could look to Colts for blueprint on rebuilding (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/19/3974043/chiefs-could-look-to-colts-for.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs have no quarterback to take into the future and perhaps within a matter days will be looking for a new general manager and head coach as well. They are 2-12, and if the Chiefs lose both of their last two games, they will get the first pick in next year’s NFL draft.

The foreseeable future looks bleak, and the reality is the Chiefs have some work to do before they’re again challenging for a playoff spot.

They could use some encouragement about what’s to come and for that, they should look across the Arrowhead Stadium field at their opponents on Sunday. The Indianapolis Colts were in the same position last year as the Chiefs are now.

The Colts were 2-14, and with longtime quarterback and franchise icon Peyton Manning about to depart, their future looked grim. But after cleaning out the front office and coaching staff, some good fortune in landing Manning’s replacement, Andrew Luck, and an aggressive draft that looks better by the week, the Colts are 9-5 and would clinch a wild-card playoff berth with a victory on Sunday.

Nobody saw it coming.

“You didn’t think they were going to turn it around this fast,” said Chiefs tackle Eric Winston, who played against the Colts in the previous six seasons as a member of the Houston Texans. “But that’s the NFL. If you hit on the right guys and you win some close games, and all of a sudden in a little bit of a down year in the AFC, now they’re the (fifth playoff) seed right now.

“They’ve done a lot of good things.”

So there’s hope for the Chiefs, but they’ll have to do a lot of things well, like the Colts did. A quick turnaround will be far more difficult in Kansas City than Indianapolis, mainly because there is no obvious potential franchise quarterback like Luck for the Chiefs to draft next year.

Still, there are lessons to be learned from the Colts.

“Every franchise, they evaluate themselves during the offseason and figure out what they need to do to improve,” Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said, “and I think we’ll do the same thing.”

The Colts at the end of last season fired longtime general manager Bill Polian and the coaching staff. They replaced Polian with a young general manager in Ryan Grigson, then hired veteran NFL assistant Chuck Pagano as the coach.

Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has served much of the season as head coach while Pagano battles leukemia. Even that has been a unifying cause for the Colts.

“When a team finds a cause to bond … ours obviously found that through Chuck’s illness,” Arians said, “and they decided they would put everything they had into this season and extending this season until he could come back.”

The Chiefs may decide to make changes in their football administration after the season, firing general manager Scott Pioli and Crennel. But they won’t as easily find a quarterback like Luck, the first pick in this year’s draft.

Luck is tied for the league lead in interceptions with 18 and is completing only 55 percent of his passes. But he usually thrives late in games, one reason the Colts are 6-0 in games decided by four points or less in overtime.

“They have this young quarterback, and he’s pretty good,” Crennel said. “He’s been able to make some plays and do some things. That’s been very helpful to them.”

The Colts drafted several other players to fill the other offensive skill positions, and all are helping out. Tight ends Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen have combined for 64 catches and four touchdowns. Wide receivers T.Y. Hilton and Lavon Brazill have combined for 55 receptions and seven touchdowns. Running back Vick Ballard leads the Colts in rushing.

Last week, rookies accounted for 82 percent of the Colts’ yardage and both of their touchdowns.

“We were drafting starters,” Arians said. “The two tight ends are playing extremely well. The young wide receivers are chipping in. Vick Ballard had his first 100-yard game last week. They’re playing up to their skill level. They’ve gotten so many snaps now we don’t even consider them rookies anymore.

“The thing was to get two receivers ready hopefully by Thanksgiving, and they’re at a pace now where they’re contributing heavily. The two tight ends, they had to start. We didn’t have anybody else.”

It’s been enough to push the Colts to the brink of the playoffs, seemingly well before their time.

“It’s definitely been impressive, especially with all the turnover they’ve had on that team,” Winston said. “They’ve done it in kind of a strange way. They’ve won a ton of close games this year. You’ve got to tip your cap to Luck for coming in and producing. He’s got some turnovers, which you can expect from rookies, but I think he’s producing also. He’s thrown a lot of touchdowns and doing a lot of good things, especially late in the games.”

GloryDayz
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Throw the right season???

KCrockaholic
12-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Look to the Colts and Redskins.

Draft Geno with the 1st overall.

Draft another QB in the 3rd or 4th.

Draft Bailey or Austin if possible to pair with Geno. Just like Indy did when they drafted Coby Fleener.

That's where I'd start anyways.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Tiecher. A day late and a dollar short. Dude needs to come up with his own info and stop stealing from chiefsplanet.

stonedstooge
STFU Winston. Don't give a shit what you think about anything

Bugeater
Great, now it's going to be the "Colts Way".

listopencil
12-19-2012, 09:42 PM
So all you have to do is draft Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. You could draft John Elway, but that didn't work out as well for the Colts.

SAUTO
12-19-2012, 09:42 PM

My thoughts exactly
Posted via Mobile Device

AussieChiefsFan
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM

Draft Bailey or Austin if possible to pair with Geno. Just like Indy did when they drafted Coby Fleener.

That's where I'd start anyways.^

RealSNR
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
So all you have to do is draft Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck. You could draft John Elway, but that didn't work out as well for the Colts.

Geno

AussieChiefsFan
12-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Genox22222222222222222

ndws
12-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Have a shit season, draft a stud QB, and start him with a favorable schedule after going O-fer the year before. Minus the stud QB part, it sounds alot like our 2010 year. Lets see how the Colts do next year when they get scheduled as a playoff team.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM

This. I hope his faggot ass is cut and soon.

milkman
12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Have a shit season, draft a stud QB, and start him with a favorable schedule after going O-fer the year before. Minus the stud QB part, it sounds alot like our 2010 year. Lets see how the Colts do next year when they get scheduled as a playoff team.

Unlike the Chiefs, they won't be dragged down by an anchor at QB.

the Talking Can
12-19-2012, 09:59 PM
compare their draft to our piece of shit draft

kcxiv
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Andrew Luck is better then any qb we have had since a washed up 36 year old Montana who was playing with a messed up Elbow.

Chiefs never give themselves a chance to go far in this league. Its like they try on purpose to suck

GloryDayz
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
The cheerleaders.... How do they play into this?

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM

LMAO

Andrew Luck has thrown for 3,978 yards and 20 TD's, leading the Colts to a 9-5 record and you're concerned about next year?

LMAO

Also, schedule doesn't mean dick anymore. Even though that was always Dick's excuse.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Rookies contributing to a winning offense.

Pioli literally knows nothing...nothing...about this.

RealSNR
12-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Rookies contributing to a winning offense.

Pioli literally knows nothing...nothing...about this.

That's a good question. Who is the last Patriots rookie on offense to make a difference? David fucking Givens?

Hammock Parties
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Patriots offensive skill position draft picks since Belichick arrived:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2000&year_max=2012&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=nwe&pos=SKL&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

Pile of shit other than Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski.

ndws
12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
LMAO

Andrew Luck has thrown for 3,978 yards and 20 TD's, leading the Colts to a 9-5 record and you're concerned about next year?

LMAO

Also, schedule doesn't mean dick anymore. Even though that was always Dick's excuse.

concerned? no

expecting a drop off in overall team performance next year? yes

read as much into what you want from what I typed, but we benefitted from a lax schedule coming off a shit season. I'm only saying that Indy has done well, but I don't expect them to be "it" just yet. They still have alot of work to do.

ndws
12-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Unlike the Chiefs, they won't be dragged down by an anchor at QB.

repeating? or arguing the same point?

DaneMcCloud
concerned? no

expecting a drop off in overall team performance next year? yes

read as much into what you want from what I typed, but we benefitted from a lax schedule coming off a shit season. I'm only saying that Indy has done well, but I don't expect them to be "it" just yet.

Who's "we"?

They still have alot of work to do.

:facepalm:

RealSNR
Patriots offensive skill position draft picks since Belichick arrived:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=2000&year_max=2012&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=nwe&pos=SKL&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

Pile of shit other than Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski.
I guess Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson were the shit their rookie seasons.

What the hell happened to them?

tredadda
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
So the Colts way seems to be having the #1 pick in the draft whenever a once in a generation QB is available.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I guess Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson were the shit their rookie seasons.

What the hell happened to them?

When you can't play WR with Tom Brady throwing the passes, you suck.

ndws
12-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Who's "we"?

:facepalm:

wow...ok, I'll spell it out very clear. You only quoted me once, I figured there would be a little residual effect. Guess not.

we = 2010 Chiefs playoff season, seeing how that was the original comparison.

And, yes...facepalm is indeed the correct reaction, just not by you.

aturnis
12-19-2012, 10:34 PM
That means steer clear of the Polians correct?

DaneMcCloud
12-19-2012, 10:34 PM
wow...ok, I'll spell it out very clear. You only quoted me once, I figured there would be a little residual effect. Guess not.

we = 2010 Chiefs playoff season, seeing how that was the original comparison.

And, yes...facepalm is indeed the correct reaction, just not by you.

You're an idiot.

The Colts are absolutely nothing like the 2010 Chiefs. They don't have an "All-Star" coaching staff from the "Tree". They drafted the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, signed and drafted skill players to fit their scheme.

Ryan Grigson is a lifelong scout before becoming a personnel director in Philly. He wasn't "Peter Principled" into his position.

They have a young team with a superstar QB. They're NOTHING like the 2010 Chiefs.

mcaj22
12-19-2012, 10:39 PM
That means steer clear of the Polians correct?

correct lol

ndws
12-19-2012, 10:48 PM
You're an idiot.

The Colts are absolutely nothing like the 2010 Chiefs. They don't have an "All-Star" coaching staff from the "Tree". They drafted the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, signed and drafted skill players to fit their scheme.

Ryan Grigson is a lifelong scout before becoming a personnel director in Philly. He wasn't "Peter Principled" into his position.

They have a young team with a superstar QB. They're NOTHING like the 2010 Chiefs.

Alright...I've seen some of your other debates, and I know when I'm dealing with a brick wall. You're kind of stupid, but if you're ever at the stadium, I'll shake your hand and share a beer just the same.

Generic comparisons:
colts and chiefs both came off crap seasons and benefited from lax schedules, and struggled against teams with winning records in said season.

Both teams make the playoffs (assuming Indy wins Sunday...given, no?)

Big, high-level overview difference, is...Indy benefits from having a stud QB. They won't suck ass as bad, but they will drop off the following year.

Idiot or not, I would like you to bookmark it and shove it in my face this time next year....but I don't think you have the capacity to do it.

Rasputin
12-19-2012, 10:57 PM
I got an idea that I don't think has been brought up by anyone. Hey lets draft say um Geno Smith with the first pick. He is a quality QB that has great upside going into the draft. Why not? Maybe he can turn our fortune around maybe not? I'd like to find out.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Alright...I've seen some of your other debates, and I know when I'm dealing with a brick wall. You're kind of stupid, but if you're ever at the stadium, I'll shake your hand and share a beer just the same.

Generic comparisons:
colts and chiefs both came off crap seasons and benefited from lax schedules, and struggled against teams with winning records in said season.

Big, high-level overview difference, is...Indy benefits from having a stud QB. They won't suck ass as bad, but they will drop off the following year.

Idiot or not, I would like you to bookmark it and shove it in my face this time next year....but I don't think you have the capacity to do it.

Dumbass

ndws
12-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Dumbass

Thats it? really? I was hoping for something with teeth. Oh well.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Thats it? really? I was hoping for something with teeth. Oh well.

No. I'm out of energy. I can no longer argue much with people that don't get it.

Fine. You think the Colts will "go backwards" next year. That's quite a stretch. Next time I'm in Vegas, I'll PM you for advice.

Hoover
12-20-2012, 12:42 AM

That's where I'd start anyways.

I can get on board with this. I think the Chiefs situation is a lot different than the Colts. Yes we need to clear house as far as the GM and HC are concerned, but we have some advantages they didn't. We can choose to keep players like Bowe and Albert, which gives our rookie QB a nicer place to land. Geno might not be Luck or RGIII, but he will have a good line, a stud running back and a legit #1 WR. That's better than what Luck and RGIII have in Indy and Washington.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 01:04 AM
I can get on board with this. I think the Chiefs situation is a lot different than the Colts. Yes we need to clear house as far as the GM and HC are concerned, but we have some advantages they didn't. We can choose to keep players like Bowe and Albert, which gives our rookie QB a nicer place to land. Geno might not be Luck or RGIII, but he will have a good line, a stud running back and a legit #1 WR. That's better than what Luck and RGIII have in Indy and Washington.

Bullshit.

Luck has Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, Fleener, and Vick Ballard.

RGIII has Garcon, Hankerson, Santana Moss and Albert Morris.

Do you guys even watch the NFL?

Sorter
12-20-2012, 01:49 AM

Generic comparisons:

Regardless of if Indy drops off next year via sophomore slump, you're really chastising them over taking Luck?

Sorter
12-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Bullshit.

Luck has Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, Fleener, and Vick Ballard.

RGIII has Garcon, Hankerson, Santana Moss and Albert Morris.

Do you guys even watch the NFL?

I agree, however FA + Draft might make this more even.

12-20-2012, 01:59 AM
I am so sick of seeing "there is no obvious potential franchise quarterback" in the upcoming draft.

OK, lets just keep limping along with retreads and failed 3rd rounders. God forbid this franchise every take a risk.

Sorter
12-20-2012, 02:05 AM
I am so sick of seeing "there is no obvious potential franchise quarterback" in the upcoming draft.

OK, lets just keep limping along with retreads and failed 3rd rounders. God forbid this franchise every take a risk.

The only teams I can recall that didn't take a risk that currently have a franchise QB are NE...and that's about it.

RealSNR
12-20-2012, 02:14 AM
The only teams I can recall that didn't take a risk that currently have a franchise QB are NE...and that's about it.

Some people claim Houston.

New Orleans KINDA took a risk, I guess? Brees fucked up his throwing arm pretty badly, and just months later he signed a large contract with the Saints

Sorter
12-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Some people claim Houston.

New Orleans KINDA took a risk, I guess? Brees fucked up his throwing arm pretty badly, and just months later he signed a large contract with the Saints

I'd consider that a risk as his shoulder was fucked up. Tore his labrum didn't he?

But really, there is risk involved in taking a 1st round QB and to me, it appears that Geno has very little based on the hours I've spent evaluating him.

12-20-2012, 02:47 AM

and that was just damn blind luck.

Sorter
12-20-2012, 02:48 AM
and that was just damn blind luck.

Yup. :(

AussieChiefsFan
12-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Goddamnit New England.

kcfanXIII
12-20-2012, 03:14 AM
as long as they follow that all important first step of drafting a hall of fame qb, i'm good.

King_Chief_Fan
12-20-2012, 07:44 AM
New GM
New Coach
New OC
New QB

BlackHelicopters
12-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Why does Winston always sound so whiny? Feminine itch?

notorious
12-20-2012, 08:14 AM
as long as they follow that all important first step of drafting a hall of fame qb, i'm good.

That is the "Indy" way.

How about we cut our own path for once?

ndws
12-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Regardless of if Indy drops off next year via sophomore slump, you're really chastising them over taking Luck?

Is this for real?

ndws
12-20-2012, 08:25 AM
No. I'm out of energy. I can no longer argue much with people that don't get it.

Fine. You think the Colts will "go backwards" next year. That's quite a stretch. Next time I'm in Vegas, I'll PM you for advice.

LIke I said, bookmark it.

Indy "should" win 10 games this year and make the playoffs. If they continue to ascend like you say they will. When they achieve their 11th win next year, beat me over the head with it.

Next time you're in vegas? I couldn't care less. If you're going down there for a sports book, you're a dumbass for not doing it online anyway.

I think its funny you got your panties so twisted you had to give me neg rep. What a whiney douche you are.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 10:21 AM
LIke I said, bookmark it.

Indy "should" win 10 games this year and make the playoffs. If they continue to ascend like you say they will. When they achieve their 11th win next year, beat me over the head with it.

Next time you're in vegas? I couldn't care less. If you're going down there for a sports book, you're a dumbass for not doing it online anyway.

I think its funny you got your panties so twisted you had to give me neg rep. What a whiney douche you are.

:deevee:

HemiEd
12-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Same here. Why has this ass wipe become the spokesman for the Chiefs lately?

Coogs
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2 Coby Fleener TE Stanford
3 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
3 T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International
5 Josh Chapman DT Alabama
5 Vick Ballard RB Mississippi State
6 LaVon Brazill WR Ohio
7 Justin Anderson T Georgia
7 Tim Fugger DE Vanderbilt
7 Chandler Harnish QB Notrhern Illinois

This is the Colts draft last year by rounds. I had a post in the last couple of days that said we need to do something like this. Not exactly like this, but similar. Not only do we need the QB, but we need to give him the weapons.

Resigning Bowe would be huge. Breaston might stay if Pioli and everyone else leaves, but I couldn't blame him for wantiing to move on. All of the rest of the WR's could use an upgrade.

We need more help at TE too. One for sure.

RB's, not sure. But Hillis could leave and I would be fine. Gray might be alright if given the chance.

But, bottom line is the Colts spent 8 of their 10 picks on offense to give their young QB some tools to work with, and resigned an older Wayne for some stability.

We could do well if we did follow this model. Do we need some defense? Probably. But there are a lot of good parts already in place on that side of the ball. They could survive short term. If we get a young QB, get him what he needs to succed and worry about the defense next year

htismaqe
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
6 LaVon Brazill WR Ohio

This is the Colts draft last year by rounds. I had a post in the last couple of days that said we need to do something like this. Not exactly like this, but similar. Not only do we need the QB, but we need to give him the weapons.

Resigning Bowe would be huge. Breaston might stay if Pioli and everyone else leaves, but I couldn't blame him for wantiing to move on. All of the rest of the WR's could use an upgrade.

RB's, not sure. But Hillis could leave and I would be fine. Gray might be alright if given the chance.

But, bottom line is the Colts spent 8 of their 10 picks on offense to give their young QB some tools to work with, and resigned an older Wayne for some stability.

We could do well if we did follow this model. Do we need some defense? Probably. But there are a lot of good parts already in place on that side of the ball. They could survive short term. If we get a young QB, get him what he needs to succed and worry about the defense next year

Great post, totally agree.

jd1020
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Breaston might stay if Pioli and everyone else leaves, but I couldn't blame him for wantiing to move on. All of the rest of the WR's could use an upgrade.

Where is Breaston gonna go if Pioli stayed?

ModSocks
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
6 LaVon Brazill WR Ohio

Lol.

Tim Fugger.

Coogs
12-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Probably anywhere but here.

jd1020
12-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Probably anywhere but here.

Is he gonna retire?

Coogs
12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Is he gonna retire?

So you think Pioli keeps him? Look, I didn't look up his contract situation. Sorry.

ChiefsCountry
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
If Cowher comes here, Breaston will be a part of it because Ken Whisenhunt will be the OC more than likley.

jd1020
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
If Cowher comes here, Breaston will be a part of it because Ken Whisenhunt will be the OC more than likley.

Anyone but Crennel would have Breaston suiting up on Sunday.

Skyy God
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Apparently the Colts drafting heavy on offense was a bit of an accident. For example, Grigson wanted to draft Casey Hayward (rookie CB that's lighting it up) in the 2nd. Green Bay snagged him, and they went with Allen instead.

Bearcat
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM

The Colts got the NFCN, AFCE, Chiefs, and Browns this year.... next year they'll get the NFCW, AFCW, probably the Jets or Dolphins, and Bengals or Steelers.

I don't think they have much to worry about there.

htismaqe
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM

Yep.

Coogs
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Based on eveything else that has happened here the past four years, I tend to believe the Pioli/Haley theory that is floating around. We got Baldwin instead of Breaston up until the Steelers game. Breaston doesn't even suit up since visiting with Haley. Makes perfect sense to me, so that may be JMO.

Dayze
12-20-2012, 12:02 PM
yeah. Pioli is a pussy.

Strongside
12-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Let's just say the obvious. Chiefs could look to porn for blueprint on masturbating.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Apparently the Colts drafting heavy on offense was a bit of an accident. For example, Grigson wanted to draft Casey Hayward (rookie CB that's lighting it up) in the 2nd. Green Bay snagged him, and they went with Allen instead.

That must be why they traded a 2nd rounder to Miami for Vontae Davis

The Franchise
12-20-2012, 01:00 PM
6 LaVon Brazill WR Ohio

We still need to draft a CB or 2 and a starting FS/SS.

Strongside
12-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Teams will look to Chiefs for blueprint on how to destroy a franchise and alienate a fanbase.

whoman69
12-20-2012, 01:46 PM

Pittsburg

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree, however FA + Draft might make this more even.

I suppose that it "could", although we haven't seen a draft like that in KC since 2008.

Plus, the "right" coach is absolutely necessary, something that once again, hasn't been seen in KC for decades.

Titty Meat
12-20-2012, 02:05 PM
If they try to build like the colts let's hope they hire Tom Gamble who was there until 2005.

The Franchise
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
If they try to build like the colts let's hope they hire Tom Gamble who was there until 2005.

This.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 02:08 PM

I hope the new GM isn't a clone of anyone

Strongside
12-20-2012, 02:09 PM

EDIT: Except this guy:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071029210614/starwars/images/7/70/Jango_OP.jpg

Coogs
12-20-2012, 02:10 PM
We still need to draft a CB or 2 and a starting FS/SS.

I'm not going to disagree that those positions need some upgrading. But if I am drafting a QB to play right out of the gates (which I would), then I am going to make giving him the best options to be successful the first priority. If the defense has to wait... so be it. JMO.

htismaqe
12-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm not going to disagree that those positions need some upgrading. But if I am drafting a QB to play right out of the gates (which I would), then I am going to make giving him the best options to be successful the first priority. If the defense has to wait... so be it. JMO.

This.

siberian khatru
12-20-2012, 02:53 PM

Amen.

Instead of pursuing "The Patriot Way" or "The Parcells Way" or "The Steelers Way" or "The Colts Way," how about we hire someone smart enough to create "The Chiefs Way" that some other franchise will attempt to clone?

Phobia
12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Each time the Chiefs have followed somebody else's blueprint it has been a dismal failure. I guess you could argue that the Ramsification wasn't the end of the world but that defense was horrific. The Chiefs need to just make their own damn blueprint. /repost

KCUnited
12-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Doesn't the cap floor put an end to the Chiefs blueprint?

tooge
12-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Romeo, what do you mean by "we"

htismaqe
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Doesn't the cap floor put an end to the Chiefs blueprint?

Nope. The Chiefs are already meeting the salary-based stipulations in the new CBA.

KCUnited
12-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Nope. The Chiefs are already meeting the salary-based stipulations in the new CBA.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sorter
12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I suppose that it "could", although we haven't seen a draft like that in KC since 2008.

Plus, the "right" coach is absolutely necessary, something that once again, hasn't been seen in KC for decades.

I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic. :)

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic. :)

Just watch: They'll hire Polian and another ex-CFL coach in Trestman.

Then, they'll run the Wing T with Charles, Draughn and Eachus, with Quinn under center.

1978 all over again.

Sorter
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Just watch: They'll hire Polian and another ex-CFL coach in Trestman.

Then, they'll run the Wing T with Charles, Draughn and Eachus, with Quinn under center.

1978 all over again.

And that's how I stopped being a Chiefs fan.

LMAO