PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hypothetical: Pioli and Crennel are gone. You get your choice for new Head Coach, and

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM
he doesn't draft a QB until the mid to late rounds. He's acquired a retread to start off with. Are you satisfied?

The Franchise
12-21-2012, 01:14 PM
No.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2012, 01:14 PM
NO, enough with the retreads.

keg in kc
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Fuck no.

In58men
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
You can do better than this Floppy

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I want a first round QB, first and foremost.
I have been wanting this since about 1986, and was all in for Quinn in 2007. Who they hire for a HC doesn't really matter to me if they don't go QB in the first.

Arrowhead Nation
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM
No QB worth a top 5 pick so I say fine.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:18 PM
You can do better than this Floppy

I'm curious as to just how much this fanbase expects to all happen in the course of the next 6 months. I mean, Pioli and Crennel should be gone. However, next you have to find a head coach that is going to make this fanbase excited, and he has to go out and draft a QB. Less than that, and this place is going to explode. Hey, I understand. I'm of the same mindset, I'm just thinking that we are asking for a lot to happen. What if the guy we all want doesn't like Geno, or Tyler, or whoever? How much are we going to like him, then?

Clark has his work cut out for him. We'll see how well he does...

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

If he doesn't want to take a QB high this year that's his prerogative. He's the professional, not me.

In three years if it's the wrong decision and he refuses to fix it, I'll start updating a weekly document about how much HE fucking sucks, too.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM

If he doesn't want to take a QB high this year that's his prerogative. He's the professional, not me.

In three years if it's the wrong decision and he refuses to fix it, I'll start updating a weekly document about how much HE fucking sucks, too.

I'm thinking the only reason it doesn't happen is there's nothing there in the coaches eyes. I think I could be optimistic the first couple of years. But if there isn't a move up in the draft to get the guy, then I start freaking out all over again.

That said, I think Clark is going to make it clear he wants a QB out of this draft at the top of the board.

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 01:28 PM

And there you have it. Maybe there is a HOF right guard in the draft? Woot!

Bearcat
I'm curious as to just how much this fanbase expects to all happen in the course of the next 6 months. I mean, Pioli and Crennel should be gone. However, next you have to find a head coach that is going to make this fanbase excited, and he has to go out and draft a QB. Less than that, and this place is going to explode. Hey, I understand. I'm of the same mindset, I'm just thinking that we are asking for a lot to happen. What if the guy we all want doesn't like Geno, or Tyler, or whoever? How much are we going to like him, then?

Clark has his work cut out for him. We'll see how well he does...

Sure, it's a lot, but cleaning house is a given. Something is seriously, seriously wrong with the organization if that doesn't happen. The QB situation might be a little different.. outsiders might not know the history of incompetence... derp, they just won the AFCW a couple of seasons ago, but again, it's so freakin' obvious, especially if they have the 1st pick in the draft.

Considering what we pay for tickets, parking, etc; asking for some competence in the front office isn't greedy, and hell, I'd even make the argument that we aren't asking for that much... any owner with a pulse should clean house and tell the new GM they're drafting a QB. It's common sense.

Dayze

you're not serous are you?

-King-
12-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Why would anyone be happy? I can't any way anyone would be happy with that.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Why would anyone be happy? I can't any way anyone would be happy with that.

You're right. I worded that terribly. I'm going to change it to satisfied.

Bearcat
12-21-2012, 01:32 PM

In three years if it's the wrong decision and he refuses to fix it, I'll start updating a weekly document about how much HE ****ing sucks, too.

I dunno, I think you have to take that chance... hell, even this team could have a couple more wins right now, and you never know when you'll have your next shot at taking the best QB available.

FlaChief58
12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
In with NO!

Fortunatly I believe the new GM & HC will be smart enough to know our QBs are all shit & if they want to win they need to start by drafting one with our first pick.

whoman69
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think this is a hypothetical

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I know we all want a 1st round QB but there's going to be a chance, however slight, that the guy we hire is a fucking genius and will know another way to get a stud QB.

So if the guy trades a 2nd for the next Brett Favre, or signs the next Len Dawson from free agency, or drafts the next Tom Brady in the 6th, or takes the next Drew Brees or Ken Stabler or Joe Montana in the 2nd or 3rd, or the next Unitas or Theismann in the 4th, and so on and so on...be patient.

We're all drunk on the idea of a first round QB, but we have to accept the fact that MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll get lucky some other way.

Shit happens.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I dunno, I think you have to take that chance.

If he's the smartest GM EVAR and he knows he can get a better QB another way, he doesn't have to take that chance.

ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ONE DAY A CHIEFS GM SMARTER THAN CHIEFSPLANET MAY EXIST!

KCSPORTSNUT
12-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I really would like to see Bill Kuharich back in KC as GM,very talented player evaluator and has KC ties.

MY choice for head coach is:Dirk Koetter-present OC for Falcons,whom according to ESPN almost got the Denver job instead of Fox.

O.city
12-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I know we all want a 1st round QB but there's going to be a chance, however slight, that the guy we hire is a ****ing genius and will know another way to get a stud QB.

So if the guy trades a 2nd for the next Brett Favre, or signs the next Len Dawson from free agency, or drafts the next Tom Brady in the 6th, or takes the next Drew Brees or Ken Stabler or Joe Montana in the 2nd or 3rd, or the next Unitas or Theismann in the 4th, and so on and so on...be patient.

We're all drunk on the idea of a first round QB, but we have to accept the fact that MAYBE, just MAYBE, we'll get lucky some other way.

Shit happens.

http://www.sportsdatallc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/superbowl_qbs_v6_650.png

Shit does happen, but odds say it won't.

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2012, 01:49 PM

:spock:

KurtCobain
I know we all want a 1st round QB but there's going to be a chance, however slight, that the guy we hire is a ****ing genius and will know another way to get a stud QB.

Shit happens.

this is the best post I've seen on CP in years

HemiEd

Shit happens.

Fuck you, I have been patient for 43 years now. They have been trying to do the above shit for 30 years now, fuck that, it aint working.

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
this is the best post I've seen on CP in years

You joined November of 2012, are you a mult? Who are you? That post fucking sucks.

KurtCobain
12-21-2012, 01:52 PM
You joined November of 2012, are you a mult? Who are you? That post ****ing sucks.

Jfc you guys are mult paranoid. You don't have to sign up to read.

Red Brooklyn
12-21-2012, 01:54 PM

/thread

O.city
12-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Like Clay said, I don't care WHERE they get a franchise QB, just that they get one.

However, I do believe that the first round is the best place to get one, er go, draft one early.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Fuck you, I have been patient for 43 years now. They have been trying to do the above shit for 30 years now, fuck that, it aint working.

My skin is going to crawl the instant we don't take a QB in the first, too.

But I'm willing to let any GM we hire have enough rope to hang himself.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 01:56 PM
In the end, it PROBABLY doesn't matter, because I have a gut feeling Clark is going to demand a first round QB be taken.

O.city
12-21-2012, 01:57 PM
In the end, it PROBABLY doesn't matter, because I have a gut feeling Clark is going to demand a first round QB be taken.

Actually, I'm fairly certain this has already happened and is probably a part of the initial conversation with the prospective GM's or coach.

Bearcat
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM

Shit happens.

Pretty sure you're not serious, but they've been trying to get lucky for decades. Sure, if Geno Smith scores a 2 on the Wonderlic or starts working out with JaMarcus Russel in the offseason, then come up with another plan. No need to make it complicated though.

Bearcat
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM

Sure... it's not like we have any other choice. Just like with a new QB, you have to give him a few years... but, unless there is some other master plan, that would be a terrible start.

KurtCobain
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
as long as we try as hard to get the qb situation fixed as Pete in Seattle has, I'm good.

HemiEd
12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Jfc you guys are mult paranoid. You don't have to sign up to read.

Not paranoid at all, just wanted to know. If you are someone else, I don't want to guess so I asked. There is a bunch of them on here and I can't keep track.

Clay, some of us were getting frustrated with this by the time they traded for Montana, and he is the guy that made you a Chief's fan, so excuse us if we are getting a little sick of the crap.

I gave Pioli the benefit of the doubt, and we know how that turned out.

O.city
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
as long as we try as hard to get the qb situation fixed as Pete in Seattle has, I'm good.

YOu're actually hitting on something pretty good here.

I don't care if/how/when you get one, just show that you realize how important the position is and how imperative it is that you get one.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Pretty sure you're not serious

I am.

If those other NFL teams could find stud QBs outside the first round, it could happen to us.

I mean, shit, Trent Green wasn't a first round pick and he would have won a SB here most likely if we had been decent on defense. He played a perfect playoff game in which two TD passes were dropped, a third was called back due to a BS penalty, and the kicker shanked a gimme. And Priest fumbled. He was good enough to beat Peyton that day.

So, ya know.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Flop, I love you, but this is a pretty stupid question.

The answer is no.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Flop, I love you, but this is a pretty stupid question.

The answer is no.

No, it wasn't. I knew it would be lopsided, but I didn't expect it to be this lopsided. I think it's actually kind of stupid to say "YOU BETTER FIRE PIOLI! AND ROMEO! AND HIRE A STUD, NEW GM! AND HIRE A YOUNG, HUNGRY, HEAD COACH THAT ALL OF US WANT! OH, AND HE BETTER DRAFT A QB NUMBER 1! AND HE BETTER WIN A SUPER BOWL IN HIS FIRST TWO YEARS! AND IT BETTER BE A DYNASTY! AND HE BETTER NEVER LEAVE US!"

Pioli is gone, RAC is gone, new GM, and a good looking HC, and whatever they decide, I'm good with. Because I'm reasonable.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
AND HE BETTER SIGN X,Y, AAAAAAND Z FREE AGENTS!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 02:59 PM
All that said, I still want Chocolate Pain...

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
-Fire Pioli and Crennel

-Draft a QB at #1 overall

It's not fucking hard.

O.city
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Here's another question for you guys.

Say we get a 3rd round pick for Carr. Would you turn and flip that and a 5 rounder to the Eagles for Maclin?

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
drafting a qb is more important than a coach or a gm...

changing everything only to do the exact same stupid shit we've done for decades defies all fucking logic

i am done with the chiefs if we don't draft a QB

cookster50
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
This thread is a retread.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:06 PM
drafting a qb is more important than a coach or a gm...

changing everything only to do the exact same stupid shit we've done for decades defies all fucking logic

i am done with the chiefs if we don't draft a QB

So if Clark comes out on Dec. 31st and says Pioli and RAC are staying, but we're drafting Geno, you're good?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Say we get a 3rd round pick for Carr. Would you turn and flip that and a 5 rounder to the Eagles for Maclin?

I would.

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
he doesn't draft a QB until the mid to late rounds. He's acquired a retread to start off with. Are you satisfied?

Honestly, I read "retread" as "retard" the first time. No lie.

This should demonstrate how I would feel about the proposed situation.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Flopnuts, a smart GM has to realize what he's dealing with in KC.

He's dealing with a divided, hurt, and alienated fan base. The feel like nobody listens to them- not the ownership, not the players, not the NFL... nobody.

He's dealing with a franchise that hasn't proved to the fans that they're willing to roll the dice and try to win since 1983. Chance after chance after chance has been passed over because Kansas City has brought in GM after GM after GM who thinks they're smarter than everybody else.

I don't care if the Chiefs actually do hire a guy who IS smarter than everybody else. It's not the time to swing your dick around like that. If he so desperately wants veteran QB X, then go fucking get him. But also draft a goddamn franchise QB FFS.

It's time. There are no more excuses. None.

You can go ahead and accept their excuses and lies. I've had efuckingnough.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
So if Clark comes out on Dec. 31st and says Pioli and RAC are staying, but we're drafting Geno, you're good?

no, i'm not good...obviously those clowns deserve to be fired

but the QB is the most important thing...he will be here after those frauds are finally fired

if we don't draft a QB, we aren't serious about winning...my tolerance for this lack of seriousness is gone (after decades)...

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
2013: 30 years since the Chiefs last seriously tried to address the QB position in a meaningful way.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Flopnuts, a smart GM has to realize what he's dealing with in KC.

He's dealing with a divided, hurt, and alienated fan base. The feel like nobody listens to them- not the ownership, not the players, not the NFL... nobody.

He's dealing with a franchise that hasn't proved to the fans that they're willing to roll the dice and try to win since 1983. Chance after chance after chance has been passed over because Kansas City has brought in GM after GM after GM who thinks they're smarter than everybody else.

I don't care if the Chiefs actually do hire a guy who IS smarter than everybody else. It's not the time to swing your dick around like that. If he so desperately wants veteran QB X, then go fucking get him. But also draft a goddamn franchise QB FFS.

It's time. There are no more excuses. None.

This is the disconnect. It's not a GM's job to worry about a fanbase's current feelings. Because feelings change when winning happens. It's his job to build a winner. So the fact is, if we hire a guy I think is a good GM, I'm not gonna freak out if he doesn't take a QB. Just like you shouldn't. However, if Slappy McSlapdick gets hired and doesn't take one, fuck it, abandon ship.

I don't disagree with you at all. It is time. But if a GM comes in and assesses the situation and thinks he can do better another way, I'll give him a little time to get it done. A little...

P.S - I still want Chocolate Pain. The point is, I'm not a pro. And none of you guys are either. At least not yet.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:13 PM
no, i'm not good...obviously those clowns deserve to be fired

but the QB is the most important thing...he will be here after those frauds are finally fired

if we don't draft a QB, we aren't serious about winning...my tolerance for this lack of seriousness is gone (after decades)...

Here's what I don't get about Flopnuts' reasoning.

We're not asking for a laundry list 20,000 items long. We're asking for TWO things. Two. Count'em. Two.

Fire Pioli.

Draft a QB at #1.

That's it.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:14 PM
So hire whoever the fuck you want to do whatever the fuck you want, just fire Pioli and draft a QB? Bullshit.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Tomorrow Ray Farmer is announced as your new GM, and his first course of action is to hire Brian Schottenheimer to come in and be the head coach of the Chiefs. You're good? No way...

Molitoth
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I want geno pretty bad, but I would be temporarily satisfied with a new gm and head coach of my choice.

My only stipulation is that cassel is cut from the team, he will forever be terrible.

I'm with clay on this one.

keg in kc
12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Quarterback is a deal-breaker, in terms of turning things around. If they don't find a franchise player behind center, they're not going to go anywhere, not in today's NFL. And let's be serious here, has any team valued the position less than Kansas City? Aside from Trent Green for a 1st (and people will debate his value; I think he was more than capable of winning a championship), they haven't made any real effort to reliably shore up the position in the last two decades. We have a long string of other teams' backups, journeymen players, and other bargain basement options.

A retread only works if it's someone along the lines of Drew Brees (or again, Green, although people will still debate his value to this day). And, I'm sorry, but that just doesn't happen very often. It's an aberration, not something you can count on, not a reliable way of doing business. The only way you're going to pick up a starter from another team is either a) when he's on the downside of his career (like Manning), or b) when a team has two starting caliber QBs and they can't keep them both (who's had that since SD in '06?). Aside from that, NFL teams simply do not let quality quarterbacks go. And that's why, when you're in a position to do it, you absolutely MUST draft one.

Which is why, if they're sitting there with the 1st pick in april, and they don't draft a quarterback, then I'm just not going to believe there's any conceivable way that this franchise is going to turn itself around.

And as far as the head coach goes, he's far less important in my mind than whoever they get behind center. Which is not to say he's not very important, but this franchise will continue to swirl around the bowl if they keep running out the kind of quarterbacks that are available in free agency or for 2nd round picks.

This year is their opportunity, and they'd better not waste it. You don't get to pick #1 (or #2, if that's where they fall) very often. Assuming they lose out (which they may not; this franchise loves to shoot itself in the foot) they aren't going to have to move to get it done, so there won't be any real excuses like when Ryan or Stafford went a few picks earlier.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
This is the disconnect. It's not a GM's job to worry about a fanbase's current feelings. Because feelings change when winning happens. It's his job to build a winner. So the fact is, if we hire a guy I think is a good GM, I'm not gonna freak out if he doesn't take a QB. Just like you shouldn't. However, if Slappy McSlapdick gets hired and doesn't take one, fuck it, abandon ship.

I don't disagree with you at all. It is time. But if a GM comes in and assesses the situation and thinks he can do better another way, I'll give him a little time to get it done. A little...

P.S - I still want Chocolate Pain. The point is, I'm not a pro. And none of you guys are either. At least not yet.
Like I said. If new GM doesn't like Geno but likes Glennon, then he can draft Glennon at #1. I'll be pissed, but I'm not jumping ship. I'll give him a chance.

If new GM really wants Matt Flynn, then he can go get Matt Flynn. In the meantime, that #1 pick is still sitting there with subpar DEs and LTs waiting to get drafted there. We also have a franchise LT and WR1 who need new contracts. There's only one solution for that pick.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Tomorrow Ray Farmer is announced as your new GM, and his first course of action is to hire Brian Schottenheimer to come in and be the head coach of the Chiefs. You're good? No way...

Farmer and Schott aren't Pioli and Crennel. So that fulfills item #1.

Are they going to draft Geno? If yes, that fulfills item #2.

So I would give that tandem a chance.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
So hire whoever the **** you want to do whatever the **** you want, just fire Pioli and draft a QB? Bullshit.

i'm trying to be nice...

obviously we all want a great coach and gm to be hired

but the bottom line is simple....you have to draft a QB with the #1 pick

end of story

any other answer is pussy bullshit, a cop out, the same loser nonsense we lived with for decades

the amount of energy chiefs fans spend trying to justify not drafting a QB is frankly amazing...and depressing

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Quarterback is a deal-breaker, in terms of turning things around. If they don't find a franchise player behind center, they're not going to go anywhere, not in today's NFL. And let's be serious here, has any team valued the position less than Kansas City? Aside from Trent Green for a 1st (and people will debate his value; I think he was more than capable of winning a championship), they haven't made any real effort to reliably shore up the position in the last two decades. We have a long string of other teams' backups, journeymen players, and other bargain basement options.

A retread only works if it's someone along the lines of Drew Brees (or again, Green, although people will still debate his value to this day). And, I'm sorry, but that just doesn't happen very often. It's an aberration, not something you can count on, not a reliable way of doing business. The only way you're going to pick up a starter from another team is either a) when he's on the downside of his career (like Manning), or b) when a team has two starting caliber QBs and they can't keep them both (who's had that since SD in '06?). Aside from that, NFL teams simply do not let quality quarterbacks go. And that's why, when you're in a position to do it, you absolutely MUST draft one.

Which is why, if they're sitting there with the 1st pick in april, and they don't draft a quarterback, then I'm just not going to believe there's any conceivable way that this franchise is going to turn itself around.

And as far as the head coach goes, he's far less important in my mind than whoever they get behind center. Which is not to say he's not very important, but this franchise will continue to swirl around the bowl if they keep running out the kind of quarterbacks that are available in free agency or for 2nd round picks.

This year is their opportunity, and they'd better not waste it. You don't get to pick #1 (or #2, if that's where they fall) very often. Assuming they lose out (which they may not; this franchise loves to shoot itself in the foot) they aren't going to have to move to get it done, so there won't be any real excuses like when Ryan or Stafford went a few picks earlier.

See, this is the kind of logic that makes me think the QB is more important than the GM (which is really what this is about), but really it's just mental masturbation. We need both.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Fuck. I have to give you rep for this.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:21 PM
i'm trying to be nice...

obviously we all want a great coach and gm to be hired

but the bottom line is simple....you have to draft a QB with the #1 pick

end of story

any other answer is pussy bullshit, a cop out, the same loser nonsense we lived with for decades

the amount of energy chiefs fans spend trying to justify not drafting a QB is frankly amazing...and depressing

Dude, I'm not trying to justify it at all. Just throwing out some discussion. I've been on the franchise QB or bust train as long as anyone.

O.city
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
See, this is the kind of logic that makes me think the QB is more important than the GM (which is really what this is about), but really it's just mental masturbation. We need both.

He's more important in the grand scheme of things, but you can't have a great one with a shitty other.

So yeah, you need both.

But if I could have Tom Brady, I'd keep Pioli. But thats the reason we are having this conversation. It's not because I don't think the GM isn't as important as the QB, it's that you have to have a GM that realizes HE isn't the most important thing and he has to GET the most important thing.

burt
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Dude, I'm not trying to justify it at all. Just throwing out some discussion. I've been on the franchise QB or bust train as long as anyone.

Not your fault...he has anger issues!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Farmer and Schott aren't Pioli and Crennel. So that fulfills item #1.

Are they going to draft Geno? If yes, that fulfills item #2.

So I would give that tandem a chance.

So really, the QB is more important than the GM and coach to you. That's fine. That's what I'm wrestling with. See, I think Geno is fucking wasted on guys like that. He washes out of the league, busts, those guys get fired, and we call for it to happen all over again in 30 years.

And that's really my fear. We don't hire the right guys, we draft a QB, he busts, and we fuck it off for 30 more years because we may get another Todd Blackledge.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
He's more important in the grand scheme of things, but you can't have a great one with a shitty other.

So yeah, you need both.

But if I could have Tom Brady, I'd keep Pioli. But thats the reason we are having this conversation. It's not because I don't think the GM isn't as important as the QB, it's that you have to have a GM that realizes HE isn't the most important thing and he has to GET the most important thing.

Yeah. I have to give rep for this.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:25 PM

We need both. And in the situation you provide where the GM doesn't think these QBs are good enough, he's still not getting us both. He's doing EXACTLY what Pioli fucking did. He's punting on the QB issue. He's folding with J Q suited before the flop because he believes the ante is too high.

Don't be like Pioli. Draft the QB or get AIDS

keg in kc
See, this is the kind of logic that makes me think the QB is more important than the GM (which is really what this is about), but really it's just mental masturbation. We need both.I think the QB is potentially more important than the GM. Although on the flip side you need a GM savvy enough to select the right QB.

It's a difficult discussion, because on one hand I think there's actually too much being put on QB shoulders, pro and con - there are 10 other players on the field for the offense at any one time, but on the other, you just can't win without one. Not anymore. Well, I mean, you can technically win, but which position do you want to be in: one of the 5 or 6 teams with an actual franchise-caliber QB, who are always in the playoff picture, regardless of who else is on the field; or, one of the other 26 or 27 teams who bounces around between 6-10 and 10-6, and might have a shot at being the one team without a franchise QB to win a superbowl every 8 or 10 years.

And obviously, there's no guarantee that the player you draft will actually be a franchise quarterback. But I'll tell you this much: I guaran-damn-tee that offensive tackle or defensive end or corner isn't going to be a franchise QB either. Meaning you aren't going to get one if you don't try. And there just isn't a more valuable thing to try and get.

O.city
So really, the QB is more important than the GM and coach to you. That's fine. That's what I'm wrestling with. See, I think Geno is ****ing wasted on guys like that. He washes out of the league, busts, those guys get fired, and we call for it to happen all over again in 30 years.

And that's really my fear. We don't hire the right guys, we draft a QB, he busts, and we **** it off for 30 more years because we may get another Todd Blackledge.

This is where you gotta hope the FO realizes that risk is worth the reward and keeps going after it.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 03:27 PM
So really, the QB is more important than the GM and coach to you. That's fine. That's what I'm wrestling with. See, I think Geno is fucking wasted on guys like that. He washes out of the league, busts, those guys get fired, and we call for it to happen all over again in 30 years.

And that's really my fear. We don't hire the right guys, we draft a QB, he busts, and we fuck it off for 30 more years because we may get another Todd Blackledge.

True.

Great GMs and coaches come from fucked up situations all the time.

Great QBs usually do not.

wazu
12-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Straight to my shit list, booing him on opening day.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
True.

Great GMs and coaches come from fucked up situations all the time.

Great QBs usually do not.

I'm convinced there have been some great QB's that have busted like a motherfucker due to horrendous coaching. Alex Smith, and Brady Quinn are two of those guys.

keg in kc
12-21-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm convinced there have been some great QB's that have busted like a mother****er due to horrendous coaching. Alex Smith, and Brady Quinn are two of those guys.I was a big quinn fan back in the day (at least I think i was), but all the questions that were raised about him prior to that draft obviously had some validity.

I always thought David Carr was a guy who got ****ed by circumstance. It's one thing to be Roethlisberger or Rodgers getting sacked 2000 times in your 4th or 5th season; it's another to get sacked 2000 times as a rookie. Then again, people who watched the texans a lot will tell you he straight up sucked. So maybe that was it.

As far as alex smith goes, I don't think I was ever a believer there. He had WCO qb written all over him right from the start.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 03:37 PM
This is really a thread fail. I've been on drafting a QB literally as long as anyone. I just know that we're going to need EVERYTHING, literally everything to line up for us. I guess we have most of it lined up. We just need Clark to make the right moves, and get the right guys in here to make it happen.

O.city
12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Thats why you pair Geno with Cowher and roll on............................Ha

(I'm sure this will get a rise, fire away)

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Sweet JFC NO.

keg in kc
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM
This is really a thread fail. I've been on drafting a QB literally as long as anyone. I just know that we're going to need EVERYTHING, literally everything to line up for us. I guess we have most of it lined up. We just need Clark to make the right moves, and get the right guys in here to make it happen.Things are lining up. The question is whether they'll choose to take advantage of it. Like I said, #1 isn't a position that you find yourself in very often. And while I realize I just said something about how I think coaches in some ways have less value than quarterbacks, I really do think that Romeo Crennel has been as responsible for the failure this season as Matt Cassel has. His soft philosophy has just destroyed the team. Now maybe I'm just a moon-brained homer, and maybe there isn't any talent here at all, but I think this is the kind of situation where a change in philosophy (something we've been talking about needing for literally years; the team's been soft since at least 2001) could legitimately lead to a quick and dramatic turnaround. But it does need to be the right GM, the right coach, and of course a QB who can actually get the job done.

Unfortunately we've seen what the wrong GM, the wrong coach(es) and of course the wrong QBs get you. And I'm not just talking about Pioli and Haley/Crennel and Cassel when I say that.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM
This is really a thread fail. I've been on drafting a QB literally as long as anyone. I just know that we're going to need EVERYTHING, literally everything to line up for us. I guess we have most of it lined up. We just need Clark to make the right moves, and get the right guys in here to make it happen.

you're just over thinking it

obviously we need a competent gm and coach

but it is more important to get the QB right...one, because they're the rarest commodity...you can hire and fire coaches and gms every year if you want to....but you can only draft the qbs that are available that year and only if you're in a draft position to do so

and two, because they're simply more important...we can all list coaches and gms that we think only won titles because of the QB...the reverse is basically unheard of

O.city
12-21-2012, 03:59 PM

but it is more important to get the QB right...one, because they're the rarest commodity...you can hire and fire coaches and gms every year if you want to....but you can only draft the qbs that are available that year and only if you're in a draft position to do so

and two, because they're simply more important...we can all list coaches and gms that we think only won titles because of the QB...the reverse is basically unheard of

This is something I was thinking about this morning. It's pretty much extinct that a coach can just take a team to the SB without having a QB make plays. Hell some would say Harbaugh last year got close but both the Harbaugh's had QB's who made plays to get them there.

Molitoth
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Some good points all over this thread.

CoMoChief
12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Bill Kuharic GM
Chip Kelly HC
Geno Smith QB (Trade down - he's not worth #1 overall pick)

O.city
12-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Again with the not worth 1 pick.

What makes him worth the 5 pick, but not the first.

Molitoth
12-21-2012, 04:07 PM
If geno smith isn't worth the #1 pick, then who the hell is that some team is going to give away picks to trade up for? A left tackle? A linebacker? How often do teams trade up to get those positions?

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Bill Kuharic GM
Chip Kelly HC

:facepalm:

Who the fuck is a team moving up for? A mediocre LT? An overrated ILB?

Stay where the fuck we are and draft Smith.

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Bill Kuharic GM

:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM

I am over thinking it. And this is a good post. I can't be the only one here though that is a little nervous about what's about to unfold. I feel like my entire fandom is on the line...

whoman69
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
It doesn't matter if Geno is worth the # 1 overall slot or no. If he is the best QB prospect in this draft, the Chiefs absolutely have to draft him. I would rather have the Chiefs try and fail than to have another year where we strap up somebody else's retread and call it good. If it fails we can do it again in a few years.

keg in kc
12-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I am over thinking it. And this is a good post. I can't be the only one here though that is a little nervous about what's about to unfold. I feel like my entire fandom is on the line...I think this is one of those "you don't have any control over it, so why worry" situations. They're going to do whatever they decide to do, and nothing that you or me or anybody else says is going to have any influence over it. And you'll still be a fan regardless. Because we're all masochists.

RealSNR
12-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Bill Kuharic GM
Chip Kelly HC

Geno Smith not being good enough is an NFL conspiracy bought and paid for by the military industrial complex and the Soviets.

BigBeauford
12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I think because we have the number one pick in the draft, this will entice a coach to come in and draft a qb so he can have his fingerprints all over it and grow with said qb.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I think this is one of those "you don't have any control over it, so why worry" situations. They're going to do whatever they decide to do, and nothing that you or me or anybody else says is going to have any influence over it. And you'll still be a fan regardless. Because we're all masochists.

LMAO I just read myself saying that exact line to KCRockaholic back in 2008 over his 12-21-12 thread. Irony. Or coincidence. I don't give a shit. It is what it is. It was still fun to talk about.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I am over thinking it. And this is a good post. I can't be the only one here though that is a little nervous about what's about to unfold. I feel like my entire fandom is on the line...

i feel the same way

i'm sure i'll be around, but if we don't draft a QB i have to admit i'm wasting my time on a franchise that just doesn't give a shit

BossChief
12-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Fuck no.

Drafting the right qb at #1 overall is BY FAR the most important part of this offseason that will be littered with moving parts.

12-21-2012, 05:36 PM
QB or GTFO

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Fuck no.

Drafting the right qb at #1 overall is BY FAR the most important part of this offseason that will be littered with moving parts.

Getting the right QB is more important.

I'm going to defer to the expertise of whoever's hired.

If he doesn't do what I want I won't bitch until it's clear it was the wrong move.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 05:55 PM
All I'm saying is...

Our next GM might be a genious.

And he might see a QB he likes, figures he'll fall to the 4th round, and will wait until then.

And he might be right.

And a lot smarter than any of us.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
All I'm saying is...

And he might see a QB he likes, figures he'll fall to the 4th round, and will wait until then.

And he might be right.

no thanks

pioli part duh

play the odds...i don't want someone trying to prove how smart they are playing the lowest odds on the table

BossChief
12-21-2012, 06:09 PM
All I'm saying is...

And he might be right.

I want to kill this posts whole family by cutting off their eyelids and sewing their assholes shut and feeding them nothing but sleeping pills and spam in large quantities.

BossChief
12-21-2012, 06:11 PM
There is ONLY ONE acceptable outcome from this offseason:

Drafting the best qb we can get with the top pick and doing everything in our power to put as many pieces around him as possible so the kid can thrive and lead us to the promised land.

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 06:16 PM

Yeah, probably not.

Not drafting a QB in the first will be hard proof that the new GM is a drooling fuck, worthy of only our scorn and contempt.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
no thanks

pioli part duh

play the odds...i don't want someone trying to prove how smart they are playing the lowest odds on the table

It's not about playing odds if you're sure about the player.

Do you think Bill Walsh was "playing the odds" when he drafted Montana?

He knew.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah, probably not.

Not drafting a QB in the first will be hard proof that the new GM is a drooling fuck, worthy of only our scorn and contempt.

No, it will be proof that he thinks he's smarter than the group who believes in drafting a 1st round QB this year.

Then we'll see if he's correct, for better or for worse.

wazu
12-21-2012, 06:42 PM
No, it will be proof that he thinks he's smarter than the group who believes in drafting a 1st round QB this year.

Then we'll see if he's correct, for better or for worse.

He'll be wrong, and I will hate watching it be proven.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 06:53 PM
He'll be wrong, and I will hate watching it be proven.

Sorry, but was Bill Walsh wrong? Were the Packers wrong when they traded for Favre?

It's OK to recognize that 1st round QBs are the statistical majority. It's also OK to recognize that it's not the only route and Geno is far from a lock, talented as he may be.

Sorter
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Sorry, but was Bill Walsh wrong? Were the Packers wrong when they traded for Favre?

It's OK to recognize that 1st round QBs are the statistical majority. It's also OK to recognize that it's not the only route and Geno is far from a lock, talented as he may be.

As far as this years draft goes, the only QBs I can see that might have the upside provided they are placed in favorable situations and progress favorably are Wilson, Barkley, Nassib, and Glennon.

None are going to step in immediately and produce like Geno IMO, and I do believe Geno's ceiling is higher than all of them by a substantial amount (WIlson being an outlier, hard to evaluate with everything that has happened for his O).

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 07:01 PM
As far as this years draft goes, the only QBs I can see that might have the upside provided they are placed in favorable situations and progress favorably are Wilson, Barkley, Nassib, and Glennon.

None are going to step in immediately and produce like Geno IMO, and I do believe Geno's ceiling is higher than all of them by a substantial amount (WIlson being an outlier, hard to evaluate with everything that has happened for his O).

That's great, man.

Maybe a guy in the NFL is smarter than you.

I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't take a QB in the 1st, but I'm not gonna call for immediate generalmanagerial evisceration.

the Talking Can
12-21-2012, 07:09 PM

He knew.

it is playing against the odds

how about we draft a QB in the first round ONE TIME in 30 years then we can spend the rest our lives trying to draft tom brady...

bevischief
12-21-2012, 07:17 PM
As long as they draft player makers not depth and address the holes on this team, I give 2 years if no playoff wins off with their heads.

wazu
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM

No, it isn't. It's been 30 years since we drafted a first round QB. We've waited far too long. Geno #1 overall or bust.

htismaqe
12-21-2012, 07:24 PM
That's great, man.

Maybe a guy in the NFL is smarter than you.

I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't take a QB in the 1st, but I'm not gonna call for immediate generalmanagerial evisceration.

WTF dude?!?!?!

We've spent the better part of the last 10 years talking about NOT fucking with the odds.

56% of all Super Bowls have been won by guys drafted in the 1st round.

Now you're just gonna chuck that out the window because you wanna "get behind" the new guy?

That doesn't make any sense...

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 07:29 PM
There are no "odds" involved if our GM is sure about the QB he's picking.

If he knows what QB he wants, and he's genius enough to get an elite one outside the 1st round, more power to him.

Just playing devil's advocate.

htismaqe
12-21-2012, 07:34 PM

If he knows what QB he wants, and he's genius enough to get an elite one outside the 1st round, more power to him.

Dude, you're basically suggesting that our new GM is a once-in-a-generation talent evaluator who is going to find a once-in-a-generation steal at QB.

Usually devil's advocates have well-thought-out, or even shrewd, arguments.

The Devil doesn't play the lottery.

Bearcat
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM

That doesn't make any sense.... I'm sure someone who said "I see something in Tom Brady" also said the same thing about Brady Quinn or some other <strike>bench warmer</strike> Chiefs starter. You're always taking a chance, and the fewer people who see "it" in a player, the bigger the chance you're taking.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Dude, you're basically suggesting that our new GM is a once-in-a-generation talent evaluator who is going to find a once-in-a-generation steal at QB.

Usually devil's advocates have well-thought-out, or even shrewd, arguments.

The Devil doesn't play the lottery.

I'm suggesting it's possible, that's all.

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 07:45 PM
It's possible that Pioli will go to another organization and be successful. Statistically, it's improbable because Pioli is a stupid motherfucker, but it's still "possible."

If our new GM doesn't draft a QB in the first, I will instantly hate the stupid sonofabitch.

AussieChiefsFan
12-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Hell naw

J Diddy
12-21-2012, 08:00 PM

He knew.

That's ridiculous horse shit. If he knew what kind of player Joe Montana would become then why did he wait until the third round to draft him?

RunKC
12-21-2012, 08:09 PM
There will be no real QB prospect to try on in round 2. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon and Bray will all be gone by our pick in the 2nd round.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2012, 08:14 PM
If our new GM doesn't draft a QB in the first, I will instantly hate the stupid sonofabitch.

And if he takes Joe Montana II in the third you'll look like a dumb motherfucker.

Sorter
12-21-2012, 08:17 PM
And if he takes Joe Montana II in the third you'll look like a dumb motherfucker.

That would be awesome. The odds are significantly stacked against that though.

DeezNutz
12-21-2012, 08:20 PM
And if he takes Joe Montana II in the third you'll look like a dumb mother****er.

And he'll look like one lucky motherfucker.

J Diddy
12-21-2012, 08:27 PM
And if he takes Joe Montana II in the third you'll look like a dumb mother****er.

He got lucky with Montana. The wr he picked in the 2nd flamed out and finished his career in tampa after 6 seasons

wazu
12-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm suggesting it's possible, that's all.

Well fucking STOP. This is a cause just as big as SOC. We need you on board.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Well fucking STOP. This is a cause just as big as SOC. We need you on board.

Dude, I WANT the Chiefs to take Geno.

But, I'm not gonna fly off the handle if we go another route. I'll be disappointed, and expecting failure, but I'm not gonna e-rape the next GM right out the box, no matter what he does.

You just don't know. There are smart people in the NFL.

They just haven't lead our franchise in awhile.

bigjosh
12-22-2012, 01:02 AM
No, it isn't. It's been 30 years since we drafted a first round QB. We've waited far too long. Geno #1 overall or bust.

:thumb: ^ This all the way.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2012, 01:13 AM
What if Geno falls to the second round or something shocking?

Is it OK if we take him there and not #1?

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2012, 01:16 AM

Is it OK if we take him there and not #1?That would be an emotional rollercoaster. Not taking him at #1 would make me very angry. Then a full day until the second (while he drops) and then we end up taking him anyway. Would be crazy

wazu
12-22-2012, 01:19 AM

That would be really nice. It would also be nice if Green Bay traded us Aaron Rodgers for a 5th round pick. And maybe threw in Randall Cobb.

I get you are trying to keep an open mind, but...sorry. I've seen enough. The playbook for turning a desperate NFL franchise around is not complicated. When you have the #1 overall pick, you draft QB. No other position makes any sense at all, and I don't give a damn how talented the "non-QB" player is.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I'm just saying, keep an open mind.

Geno might start dating a distant relative of Jovan Belcher.

12-22-2012, 01:22 AM
NOpe, if the new GM doesn't get a QB in round 1 I will be beyond pissed.

NJChiefsFan
12-22-2012, 01:26 AM

I would be cleaning the walls next to my couch for days if that happened if you know what I mean.

I'm just saying, keep an open mind.

The Myan's were right about the new calender bringing in a new age.

milkman
12-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Comp picks can not be traded.

I was a big quinn fan back in the day (at least I think i was), but all the questions that were raised about him prior to that draft obviously had some validity.

I always thought David Carr was a guy who got ****ed by circumstance. It's one thing to be Roethlisberger or Rodgers getting sacked 2000 times in your 4th or 5th season; it's another to get sacked 2000 times as a rookie. Then again, people who watched the texans a lot will tell you he straight up sucked. So maybe that was it.

As far as alex smith goes, I don't think I was ever a believer there. He had WCO qb written all over him right from the start.

David Carr was the poster boy for QBs that lock on to primary receivers.
He had/has absolutely no field vision, and couldn't make a read if it was simplified to "Dick and Jane" level.
He was sacked eleventbillion times because he makes Matt Cassel look like Joe Montana by comparison.

Alex Smith is never going to be anything more than a reliable game manager, because he can not take the top off a defense.

Bill Kuharic GM
Chip Kelly HC

:facepalm:

All I'm saying is...

And he might be right.

You don't gamble on the most important position in all of team sports by waiting until the mid rounds to address it.

The guy you like might bet taken before you expect it.

There's no way you can "know" a kid that is rated a 3rd or 4th round, or later, talent is the guy.

It's an educated gut feeling, at best.

A smart GM will take the highest rated QB at #1 overall, then take that other later in the draft if he's there.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2012, 08:59 AM
The thing is everyone here would be screaming bloody murder if we took Aaron Murray #1, but if we took Geno in the 2nd round, no complaints at all.

It's a double standard.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2012, 09:00 AM
A smart GM will take the highest rated QB at #1 overall, then take that other later in the draft if he's there.

So why didn't Bill Walsh take Joe Montana with his first pick?

milkman
12-22-2012, 09:19 AM
The thing is everyone here would be screaming bloody murder if we took Aaron Murray #1, but if we took Geno in the 2nd round, no complaints at all.

It's a double standard.

First, the value of the QB position has increased substantially since '79.

Second, that was really a piss poor QB draft.

Joe Montana was the third QB taken in that draft.

Phil Simms and Steve Fuller were the only QBs taken ahead of him.

J Diddy
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Heres my deal. I just want to pick a guy who we are not the only ones who think he has the potential to be a great starter. From qb to defensive line. It seems like we are always trying to out smart someone else and it almost always makes us look like a fool. I dont care where a starter is picked as long as he fits that bill.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

el borracho
12-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I have watched every minute of every game for the last decade but I've only watched 9 games this year and I have no plans to watch the final two. The only way the Chiefs will merit any attention at all is to draft the best QB with their first pick in the upcoming draft. If you don't have a QB, then you don't have an NFL team.

DeezNutz
12-22-2012, 10:06 AM

It's a double standard.

I would not be bitching about the above. So long as the new GM selects at QB in the first, I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the evaluation, whether it's Wilson, Bray, Murray, Smith, or Barkley, I'm not going to be too concerned.

All of those players are far more talented than any of the shit we have on our roster currently.

Hootie
12-22-2012, 10:09 AM
There is no reason not to reach and take a QB #1 if you don't have one and there is no Calvin Johnson in the draft anymore with the new wage scale...Andrew Luck makes decent backup money.

crossbow
12-22-2012, 10:18 AM
This franchise is on life support. The machine that goes peep is barely clicking. If they screw this up its pretty much over for a real long time.

Rausch
12-22-2012, 11:23 AM
The team isn't going anywhere with Pioli as GM. We hire another GM and HC that are respected and look like they know how to build a team....I'll give them some leeway.

I want them to go QB in round 1 but it's not a deal breaker for me...

Hootie
12-22-2012, 11:53 AM
if Geno is who we thinks he is (IE checks out at the combine, emerges as the #1 QB in the draft) and we land the #1 pick and don't take him...

I don't care who we have as coach or GM.

I'll be fucking livid.

Andy Luck's contract is 4 years $22M (fully guaranteed).

We'd have a starting QB for $5.5M for 4 years. If he busts, he makes as much as Kyle Orton.

Every single draft from here until the end of time, as long as their is no Calvin Johnson or FREAK talent, a QB is going #1. I bet, in the next 20 years, a QB goes #1 18 out of 20 times (if not more).

You don't get the #1 pick and have a QB unless your franchise stud goes out in say...the preseason.

Look at the worst teams this year. They have NOTHING at QB.

Hootie
12-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I guess Detroit has Stafford but at this point...other than a laser, rocket arm...he doesn't appear to be anything better than average. I like him, don't get me wrong, and think he has franchise potential...I think he really just needs a better coaching staff.

Hootie
12-22-2012, 11:59 AM
the other good thing about not spending $18M a year on a QB for the first 4 years...

there is a salary floor now...you have to spend something like 98% of the cap?

That means we'll be forced to resign our players (Bowe) and go after free agents.

Teams like Denver and New England who pay $20M a year for their QB...that puts them at a slight disadvantage until you think, "oh wait, they have the two best QB's ever" but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Hootie
12-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Geno, Chip or Shanahan + GM who compliments coach + salary cap floor = insta-rebuild

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Geno, Chip or Shanahan + GM who compliments coach + salary cap floor = insta-rebuild

Absolutely.

whoman69
12-22-2012, 01:09 PM
So why didn't Bill Walsh take Joe Montana with his first pick?

Because he could get him in the 3rd.

Fat Elvis
12-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Geno, Chip and Russ Ball + salary cap floor = insta-rebuild.

Kelly and Ball are my ideal HC+GM candidates. New blood, hungry and innovative.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2012, 02:18 PM
I can live with using the 1st overall pick on a QB and choosing poorly. Shit happens. But at least you tried, go try again.

If this organization doesn't make the effort and passes on a QB with the most valuable pick they've ever owned, I'm done as a fan.

It'll be a sad day, but these motherfuckers haven't done it in my lifetime, and we've as desperate at the position as we've ever been.

No excuses.

Ace Gunner
12-22-2012, 02:26 PM

:cuss:

SAUTO
12-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Clay trolling on a Saturday...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2012, 04:08 PM
All I'm saying is...

And he might be right.

Fuck this! CP has proven over the years that we know EXACTLY what the fuck is right, correct, perfect, and needs to fucking happen.
I will defer to NO GM.

That motherfucker will defer to ME.

Sorter
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I guess Detroit has Stafford but at this point...other than a laser, rocket arm...he doesn't appear to be anything better than average. I like him, don't get me wrong, and think he has franchise potential...I think he really just needs a better coaching staff.

Definitely that + receivers outside of Megatron. Broyles is fantastic but his knees are not so good. TItus Young is fucking crazy, and Burleson is old.

Stafford has struggled quite a bit this year though.