PDA

View Full Version : Football Brian Schottenheimer flattered by head coach speculation

Mr. Laz
12-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Brian Schottenheimer flattered by head coach speculation
Dec
12/21/2012 1:27:25 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore
Brian Schottenheimer’s name was mentioned as a potential head-coaching candidate during last Sunday’s telecast of the Rams-Vikings game.

Schottenheimer, in his first season as Rams offensive coordinator, was flattered by the mention but insists he’s very happy in St. Louis, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

“At the end of the day I think I have a great job,” Schottenheimer said. “I work for a great organization. I know I work with the best head coach in the National Football League in Coach (Jeff) Fisher. Got a really young football team that’s building something special, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it ... and hope to be here for a long time.”

“I’ve had my name talked about before in the past, and probably there were times where I was really maybe excited if something would happen,” he said. “Again, I love it here.”

Fisher wasn’t surprised to hear the Schottenheimer speculation.

“Well, first off I know Brian’s ready,” Fisher said. “He’s ready to handle the job and he’s capable. I think he’d do a great job at it. Certainly, he’s been around the game for a long time. He’s got a great pedigree, and this is the time of the year when people start throwing names out there.”

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:31 PM
ROFL Could you fucking imagine...

Mr. Laz
12-21-2012, 01:34 PM
ROFL Could you ****ing imagine...
it's almost too much to not happen, isn't it?

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh, this place would fold. Just fucking fold. Everyone would bitch, and then just stop posting. Evar!

Mr. Laz
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh, this place would fold. Just ****ing fold. Everyone would bitch, and then just stop posting. Evar!
it was reported that Clark was talking to Marty Shottenheimer.

What better place to get information about Brian? :fire:

Shottenheimers and the Chiefs go together like peanut butter and jelly. :D

whoman69
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
I think hope the end of the world comes quick

Hoover
12-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Mother of God.....

mcaj22
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
lol we are fucked

cyborgtable
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Worst coordinator in the NFL, easily

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2012, 01:52 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

http://www.phinnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/brian-daboll.jpg

Deberg_1990
12-21-2012, 01:57 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

not even close.

Fire Me Boy!
12-21-2012, 01:59 PM
it was reported that Clark was talking to Marty Shottenheimer.

What better place to get information about Brian? :fire:

Shottenheimers and the Chiefs go together like peanut butter and jelly. :D

Like peas and carrots.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1310/forrestb.jpg

cyborgtable
12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
He is painfully stupid. Rams opponents said his offense was a "grab bag" and that they "had plays that would hurt us but he we wouldn't have to worry about them because he wouldn't call them more than once or twice" he will constantly attack your strength and ignore your weakness

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Carl Peterson Jr. for GM!

DMAC
12-21-2012, 02:10 PM
“At the end of the day I think I have a great job,” Schottenheimer said. “I work for a great organization. I know I work with the best head coach in the National Football League in Coach (Jeff) Fisher. Got a really young football team that’s building something special, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it ... and hope to be here for a long time.”

In other words, "Fuck that! I lucked into this shit as it is!"

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Brian Schottenheimer was a serious candidate for the Jets job in 2009 that went to Rex so it stands to reason that he will get multiple interviews in 2013.

Being a head coach really isn't about being a successful coordinator and schemer. Otherwise, guys like Dick LeBeau, Romeo Crennel, Al Saunders, Buddy Ryan, etc. and so on would have all been multiple Super Bowl winners.

The head coach must have a vision for the team, then hire coaches and coordinators that help fulfill that vision. He must be extremely detail orientated, organized and sharp. And be in control of the "ship" at all times.

The NFL isn't college or high school football. An NFL head coach is essentially the CEO of the coaching staff.

Ace Gunner
12-21-2012, 02:14 PM

too!!

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I swear we here at CP are so much ahead of the curb on about everything. Brian Schottneheimer as a head coach has been discussed before.

O.city
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Brian Schottenheimer was a serious candidate for the Jets job in 2009 that went to Rex so it stands to reason that he will get multiple interviews in 2013.

Being a head coach really isn't about being a successful coordinator and schemer. Otherwise, guys like Dick LeBeau, Romeo Crennel, Al Saunders, Buddy Ryan, etc. and so on would have all been multiple Super Bowl winners.

The head coach must have a vision for the team, then hire coaches and coordinators that help fulfill that vision. He must be extremely detail orientated, organized and sharp. And be in control of the "ship" at all times.

The NFL isn't college or high school football. An NFL head coach is essentially the CEO of the coaching staff.

This.

Although some HC's double as coordinators, but I don't like that idea at all.

Ace Gunner
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I think today's HC needs to have a strong understanding of flag football & basketball.

displacedinMN
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
I swear we here at CP are so much ahead of the curb on about everything. Brian Schottneheimer as a head coach has been discussed before.

Conspiracy theory-BSchott up for coach, Sanchez being shopped.

Hunt asking questions.

Coincidence?

Ace Gunner
12-21-2012, 02:20 PM

ya. we are curve stompers for sure :D

Tribal Warfare
12-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Uncle Kurt as DC again!

CoMoChief
12-21-2012, 03:07 PM
That would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2012, 03:42 PM

LMAO

Titty Meat
12-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Cabs are here

ChiefRocka
12-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Didn't he make Sanchez and the Jets O look respectable??