PDA

View Full Version : Football A lot to like about Seattle Seahawks

donkhater
12-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Play great defense, run the ball and most importantly....

Realized it was a QB driven league and went out and sign a FA AND drafted one as well.

Even better, when it was apparent that the 3rd round rookie was playing better than the high priced FA, they went with him.

If only the team I root for could run the team similarly.:hmmm:

jd1020
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Just another team Pioli can point to and say, "See... they didn't waste a 1st round pick on a franchise QB."

donkhater
12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Just another team Pioli can point to and say, "See... they didn't waste a 1st round pick on a franchise QB."

You know, I really don't care HOW the team does it. I just would like some indication that they recognize that the NFL has evolved into a QB league and you absolutely cannot win without a competent player under center.

This Chiefs team is bad. Mostly, I think the coaching is atrocious. But the defensive talent is good, good enough to be above average. The Offensive line and running backs are good to above average, and the receivers are OK. What's left?

The team they just played (Indy) is the shining example of how important good QB play is.

So just get a good player. I really don't care how, but don't say that you are creating competition at the position this year and bring in Brady f***ing Quinn as your only move to 'compete' with your other two schlubs.

Jimmy the Greek
12-24-2012, 09:26 AM
For the first time all season wilson made me a believer in all the hype about him

BigCatDaddy
12-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Seattle is what KC should be.

mcaj22
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM

but they did DRAFT WELL and evaluate talent really well

they hit on a lot of picks in the last 4 years and are on of the youngest teams in the NFL with high upside/potential.

they are basically the opposite of what Pioli has done here.

they also had an open competition between QBs in camp. Every year, until they hit on one. They have been bringing in FA QBs and drafting QBs until it worked. They are okay with spending money on a QB if he ends up being a backup.

That is what ruined Pioli, not having any of these mentalities, that ultimately helped Seattle succeed and run the team the best way possible.

Their GM is underrated.

Fish
12-24-2012, 09:41 AM
There was a bit of a contrast between the fan environment at the Seattle stadium last night, and the sad atmosphere of Arrowhead yesterday.

GoChargers
12-24-2012, 09:53 AM
IMO, Seattle is the best team in the league. They have no glaring weaknesses and that offense is scary. I could easily see them winning it all this year.

BryanBusby
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Sure, if they can avoid leaving Seattle.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
The shine will come off that assclown Pete Carroll next year.

He's always been LOL as a pro coach.

Funny guy to watch coach, though.

DTHOF
12-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Born and bred in KS but now live in the Seattle area. I have lived here on and off for some time. I went to a game last year when a buddy offered me free ticket and had a great time. I had gone to Seattle games in the past and used to make fun of how weak their fans were but now I get it. If their is a team with no chance on the field of do anything the fans will not support them.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2012, 10:19 AM
So are people going to finally acknowledge that Gus Bradley should be considered as a head coach option?

DaWolf
12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Their GM used to work for the Chiefs...

Agent V
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Their GM used to work for the Chiefs...

Then realized it was a lost cause?

The Bad Guy
12-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I like a lot about that team except that cocksucker Pete Carrol.

MahiMike
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
They're my new favorite 'other' team. I'm gonna root for them in the playoffs.